Host/non/dead option
79%

Total votes: 19
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Creature »

juliets wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:10 pm @Creature, you voted for me out of the blue, at least I don't remember you calling out a suspicion of me. I know you have moved your vote but I'd like to know why you voted me.
I think I have stated multiple times I had some degree of suspicion on you. I also noticed some players also had you as a scumread.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Pawn Lelouch wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:09 pm
Benson wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 pm
Benson wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:53 am Someone really familiar with TonyStark should give me a summary of how his current game compares to his town meta.
bump

I have such a gut suspicion that Tony is a wolf. Someone help me out.
Well I agree with you on that. So if you're asking for someone to help you out of the tunnel, afraid I can't help you there. Willing to give you another shovel to keep digging though.
I'm about to ISO him so I'll let your know my opinion [mention]Benson[/mention].
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 595

Post by Master Radishes »

[VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine

Let's see, then.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

I don't really want to mislynch Rej again, but he's looking bad this game tbqh
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 280

Post by 112 »

the elephant talks like he's secretly a robot wearing a costume.
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Post by vanity. »

tonystarkprime can go on the naughty list for shading me and then peacing out
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

juliets wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:10 pm Caught up.

, you have twice now said I'm bad, both times in what I would call an off-handed way. Can you talk about that? What specifically are you seeing?

, you voted for me out of the blue, at least I don't remember you calling out a suspicion of me. I know you have moved your vote but I'd like to know why you voted me.

TonyStarkPrime, you may have said why you voted Pawn but I evidently missed it. Can you explain?

I'm seeing too many people as town or null and not enough scum. I'm going to do some ISOs and see if I can remedy that.
Pawn said something I didn’t like then said something else I didn’t like and then I voted for him/her
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Creature wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:10 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:00 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:57 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:54 pm Is there a pattern here?
Nah, just trying to make wagons more serious.
Was Tony still voting Juliets when you joined that wagon?
No
Was /anyone/ on Juliets when you joined it?
No, but multiple players seemed to scumread juliets
Ah, okay, works for me. You're cool.

I want to bite everyone who scumread juliets but didn't vote for her.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 129
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:13 pm tonystarkprime can go on the naughty list for shading me and then peacing out
Hey I was just getting to that
Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:09 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 pm
Benson wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:59 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:54 pm I followed along a bit at work today. Just got home.

I think the biggest takeaway from the Eva/Nute dichotomy is that Jack is probably town. This is good, as I was ready to scumread him for a lacklustre opening to the game. But his angle on Eva/Nute seems way too much effort for a scum to take on a fight that, one presumes, involves one or two town.

Welcome to my town, Jack.
I don't know if I agree. What if he's scum while nute and eva are town and he just wants to look good for shutting down an erroneous case?
What if you're just a scum trying to make me doubt my read? We can play the 'what if' game all day, but (a) scum!Jack is more likely to let two townies go at it; and (b) the manner in which he dismantled Eva's reasoning was insightful and beyond the effort scum tend to put in when angling for future town cred.
Ah benson beat me to it. A) scum jack absolutely would try to pocket me rather than leave the topic alone, B) I disagree, he didn't really put in that much effort (sprit put in more) and even if he did that's within Jack's wolf range.
Agree to disagree, I guess. I just would expect scum to say 'this is a bad case, Eva's reads are bad' but Jack went through and compared the charts and found the lack of connections and all that. I like it.
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

Benson wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:53 am Someone really familiar with TonyStark should give me a summary of how his current game compares to his town meta.
bump

Well I agree with you on that. So if you're asking for someone to help you out of the tunnel, afraid I can't help you there. Willing to give you another shovel to keep digging though.
Yes. More shovels please
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:14 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:10 pm Caught up.

, you have twice now said I'm bad, both times in what I would call an off-handed way. Can you talk about that? What specifically are you seeing?

, you voted for me out of the blue, at least I don't remember you calling out a suspicion of me. I know you have moved your vote but I'd like to know why you voted me.

TonyStarkPrime, you may have said why you voted Pawn but I evidently missed it. Can you explain?

I'm seeing too many people as town or null and not enough scum. I'm going to do some ISOs and see if I can remedy that.
Pawn said something I didn’t like then said something else I didn’t like and then I voted for him/her
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:08 pm gonna try parsing hyena vs evenstar real quick

the fact that they're not finding each other is raising red flags but independently speaking i think both are very villagery
Oh this is an interesting point.

Idk if I trust you completely though. But I mostly agree with your do not lynch list at least.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:04 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:47 pm
Benson wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:46 pmWhat's AtE?
Appeal to emotion.
Thanks... I don't see nutella's responses as AtE then. She's allowed to call bullshit on things without it being that.
Cool. I don't either. Are you townreading her?
No.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

bump

Use it to bury him.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:16 pm
vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:08 pm gonna try parsing hyena vs evenstar real quick

the fact that they're not finding each other is raising red flags but independently speaking i think both are very villagery

Idk if I trust you completely though. But I mostly agree with your do not lynch list at least.
that's fine, i haven't been overtly obvious villager with my spam-y posting at tbe moment but i'm trying when i can

you might've picked up on it, but if hyena and evenstar perceive their town games to be similar, and they're not finding each other, it's making me think something is there. though i understand any given game a disconnect can happen between 2 villas, as i've seen it before elsewhere

eva is definitely more in her chaos-posty archetype too but i don't want to touch her at all
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:02 pm vanity
iaafr
hyena
mr
evenstar
nutella
jack
creature

all probably v's, would never lynch in here today
Okay. You don't trust Mac right now? Also, I should probably mess with iaafr when he's around.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:19 pm
iaafr
hyena
mr
evenstar
nutella
jack
creature

Okay. You don't trust Mac right now? Also, I should probably mess with iaafr when he's around.
i haven't read anything from mac recently that unequivocally convinces me he's a villager since i last read him as v

should probably iso him but he's not someone i would lynch today either
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:19 pm

that's fine, i haven't been overtly obvious villager with my spam-y posting at tbe moment but i'm trying when i can

you might've picked up on it, but if hyena and evenstar perceive their town games to be similar, and they're not finding each other, it's making me think something is there. though i understand any given game a disconnect can happen between 2 villas, as i've seen it before elsewhere

eva is definitely more in her chaos-posty archetype too but i don't want to touch her at all
No comment
yet.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]juliets[/mention] it's a vague tonal thing but I admit I have gotten you wrong this way a fair amount. If I redid my list now you'd be one group up in the lighter orange while probably some of those people would move down.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:21 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:19 pm
iaafr
hyena
mr
evenstar
nutella
jack
creature

i haven't read anything from mac recently that unequivocally convinces me he's a villager since i last read him as v

should probably iso him but he's not someone i would lynch today either
Okay, cool. I was thinking the same.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:54 pm I followed along a bit at work today. Just got home.

I think the biggest takeaway from the Eva/Nute dichotomy is that Jack is probably town. This is good, as I was ready to scumread him for a lacklustre opening to the game. But his angle on Eva/Nute seems way too much effort for a scum to take on a fight that, one presumes, involves one or two town.

I don't know if I agree. What if he's scum while nute and eva are town and he just wants to look good for shutting down an erroneous case?
What if you're just a scum trying to make me doubt my read? We can play the 'what if' game all day, but (a) scum!Jack is more likely to let two townies go at it; and (b) the manner in which he dismantled Eva's reasoning was insightful and beyond the effort scum tend to put in when angling for future town cred.
Ah benson beat me to it. A) scum jack absolutely would try to pocket me rather than leave the topic alone, B) I disagree, he didn't really put in that much effort (sprit put in more) and even if he did that's within Jack's wolf range.
Lol let me pocket you.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:44 am
112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:36 am Elephant's mafia and is just going to slip by to the end somehow, calling it now.
112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:37 am actually, let's just cut off the infected part while it's early.

[VOTE: Elephant] aubergine
This feels like galaxy brain. I like galaxy brain.

ok this is the only thing that bothers me about mac's iso looking at it through a vacuum

before he asks others about their reads on 112, and then sheep's a read on 112's later? i don't really see progression here. it's kinda like a... PLINKO BOARD

yeah the sheep here just seems weird and out of place overall
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Agree to disagree, I guess. I just would expect scum to say 'this is a bad case, Eva's reads are bad' but Jack went through and compared the charts and found the lack of connections and all that. I like it.
Except I've seen scum jack and I don't think you're familiar with him (correct me if I'm wrong). He has fooled me before by putting in townish high effort as scum.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Spiny Creature
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Spiny Creature »

Jimmy has said I can let you guys know that I've requested a replacement for my slot.

NAI, just have RL stress kicking my ass right now and it's making this game feel more like yet another chore to get to and making me grumpy and stressed whenever I am here.

Have fun tho, and thanks for inviting me [mention]MacDougall[/mention] ! I'd like to come back and try out Syndicate games some other time, I like this place.

My final request is for there to be more thirsty gifs of both Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon Levitt. This is an Inception game, people, get your act TOGETHER.
Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:28 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:14 pm

Except I've seen scum jack and I don't think you're familiar with him (correct me if I'm wrong). He has fooled me before by putting in townish high effort as scum.
Speaking generally:

How much do you value meta reads? I find them a hindrance more than a help at a certain point, and I'm actively trying to avoid doing it w.r.t Benson and 112. It's nice seeing players through a pair of naive eyes.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:44 am
112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:36 am Elephant's mafia and is just going to slip by to the end somehow, calling it now.
112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:37 am actually, let's just cut off the infected part while it's early.

This feels like galaxy brain. I like galaxy brain.

ok this is the only thing that bothers me about mac's iso looking at it through a vacuum

before he asks others about their reads on 112, and then sheep's a read on 112's later? i don't really see progression here. it's kinda like a... PLINKO BOARD

yeah the sheep here just seems weird and out of place overall
Agree. The elephant wagon gave me weird vibes in general even though I mostly townread the people on it (still hesitant on 112)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sorry to see you go spiny.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Spiny Creature wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:31 pm Jimmy has said I can let you guys know that I've requested a replacement for my slot.

NAI, just have RL stress kicking my ass right now and it's making this game feel more like yet another chore to get to and making me grumpy and stressed whenever I am here.

Have fun tho, and thanks for inviting me @MacDougall ! I'd like to come back and try out Syndicate games some other time, I like this place.

My final request is for there to be more thirsty gifs of both Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon Levitt. This is an Inception game, people, get your act TOGETHER.
:(

here's a gif though!

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Master Radishes[/mention] I value them maybe at 50% ish depending on the player/circumstances. Basically I just think this is within Jack's scum range and that's worth being aware of.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

vanity lock town
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:12 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:10 pm Creature, you voted for me out of the blue, at least I don't remember you calling out a suspicion of me. I know you have moved your vote but I'd like to know why you voted me.
I think I have stated multiple times I had some degree of suspicion on you. I also noticed some players also had you as a scumread.
Ok I'll take a look at your ISO when I finish TSP.

As for multiple people scum reading me, do you not look at the why behind the read? If you do than I want to know what the reasoning is that you agree with. Or are you just saying "where there's smoke there must be fire"?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:35 pm @Master Radishes I value them maybe at 50% ish depending on the player/circumstances. Basically I just think this is within Jack's scum range and that's worth being aware of.
Cool, will be aware.

Peanut butter > nutella by the way. :dark:
Master Radishes
Hitman

112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:36 pm vanity lock town
You're late to the game on this one.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:37 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:35 pm @Master Radishes I value them maybe at 50% ish depending on the player/circumstances. Basically I just think this is within Jack's scum range and that's worth being aware of.
Cool, will be aware.

Peanut butter > nutella by the way. :dark:
Yeah but peanut butter + nutella > peanut butter
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:36 pm

vanity lock town
Pawn Lelouch
The Mark
Posts in topic: 200

Post by Pawn Lelouch »

Michelle wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:49 pm My question is: how many time did you play with Creature and what posts exactly gave you for him the top town position (after yourself)?
I've only ever actually played with him one time, Color Wheel Mafia. Where he left a fairly significant impression as to his town play style, especially after I spectated Anni and hated myself for reading every post. There was some fairly striking differences between the two. And I've seen him in one or two other games but I fully admit that I don't remember which.

And for why I'm TRing him? Just gonna quote myself here
Pawn Lelouch wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 4:06 pm
I'll admit I'm not quite sure how to articulate it. Just a combination of it being a striking exact example of how he had been playing and reading through Anni where he was scum and strikingly different in his approach if I had to guess.

My issue is that this isn't enough for me to normally give even a town lean like I have on him now. And I'm trying to figure out why my gut is pushing this one so hard.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

fuck

juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:21 pm @juliets it's a vague tonal thing but I admit I have gotten you wrong this way a fair amount. If I redid my list now you'd be one group up in the lighter orange while probably some of those people would move down.
Ok thanks for the explanation.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:38 pm
hmmm

radish

are you scum

:ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:43 pm
hmmm

radish

are you scum

No.

For the crowd: when did this became a viable scumhunting technique?
Master Radishes
Hitman

All that talk about TSP and no one is voting him with me. I am disappoint.
Evenstar
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 415

Post by Evenstar »

aight so

I was in the middle of doing a re-eval when the nutella thing happened

so let's actually finish the re-eval and see if that affects my reads any

Juliets, Michelle: Both have two pages of posting but haven't voted. Major scumpoints for both.

Texas: Has a bad habit of not voting until the last minute, so their lack of a vote so far is probably NAI. Still gonna start side-eyeing them if they continue to not put their vote where their mouth is.

Trustworthy Liberal: Had a super wolfy pop in earlier that I forgot to factor into my read. Lurking, but that's pretty par for the course. Think I have him on the wrong side of null anyway.

Spiny Creature: Lack of a vote so far is NAGL, but doesn't wipe out my townread. Does reduce it a bit though.

Macdougall, Iaafr: Both Pawn and Nutella are townreading both of these people. Therefore they're both probably actually town, based on the principle that if two people agree on little else but X, X is probably true. I was already feeling uneasy about these reads, so this just confirms I'm wrong.

Elephant: By the same token, both of them are scumreading elephant and I'm not, so I'm probably wrong about him too. Which tallies given that I mostly don't want to engage with his taxingly verbose posting style.

Hyena: ... I was going to back off my read here on the basis that the Epignosis thing was NAI if he's town, but it still must be said that his case on Spiny was utter bullshit. That kind of prank doesn't strike me as Town!Hyena. But his tone has been good otherwise, and he's doing the prodding thing he does when he's town.

[mention]Hyena[/mention]: Can you explain what you were doing WRT Spiny?

So then does this make me agree more with Nutella or not

well, obviously it does because I moved three of my reads towards hers deliberately

but the activity information implicates TL, Juliets and Spiny, which moves them all towards Nutella's reads

I'm also very torn about Hyena, she could well be right about him being town

Ugh.

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] I'm assuming you're town for the moment. Give me your feels about Nutella and Hyena.

[mention]iaafr[/mention]: I recall you had a case against Nutella earlier for being "limp" and having bad tone. Did you have any more concrete accusations or was it just a toneread? While you're at it, what's your impression of Hyena?

Annnnd [VOTE: Elephant] aubergine
Benson
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his

Post by Benson »

[VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

evenstar being so obsessed about her reads being wrong is extremely hard to read into

i want to call it villagery but it's just so odd.
Master Radishes
Hitman

We're at that stage of D1 where I go from townreading everyone for stupid reasons to scumreading everyone for stupid reasons.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:49 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:43 pm
hmmm

radish

are you scum

No.

For the crowd: when did this became a viable scumhunting technique?
It's more of a way to vocalize that I have a sudden concern about you, more of a rhetorical question
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Master Radishes
Hitman

vanity. wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:55 pm evenstar being so obsessed about her reads being wrong is extremely hard to read into

i want to call it villagery but it's just so odd.
I was going the other direction on it, as per my above post.
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 318
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:10 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:06 pm
112 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 3:05 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:59 pm Hmm. I'm not fully satisfied by sprityo's defense. It's not raised him much towards green for me.

That said, I'm ready at this point to hop off and put my vote elsewhere. Maybe TSP, who I feel has sort of slipped through my peripheral a number of times. I could also be convinced to hop on the 112 wagon.
'i could ... be convinced' feels like you're wanting to rely on other's opinions more than your own.
What's your opinion?
Well, I think you're probably town, but I had to test your reflexes. And I don't think I'm a good lynch.
You don't think you are a good lynch meaning you are not sure about it? How come?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]Evenstar[/mention] juliets tends to save her vote for later/stronger reasons I think, probably nai (light culture note here, some of us here on the syndicate used to play with non-changeable votes a lot so there's still some mindset of waiting to vote, but for the most part we've gotten used to changeable votes on the last few years)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”