79%

Total votes: 19
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 4]

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:04 pm ?

in a vacuum i don't think elephant is trying to pocket juliets if elephant is a wolf. at the very least i don't think it's intentional.

also i had another thing to say and completely forgot about it... whatever.
If he's a wolf, he absolutely has deliberately pocketed juliets, just take my word for it lol.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:06 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:59 pm I feel dumb for blindly believing this tbh lol. You're right that elephant being in the towncore was just based on Nanook's read which may not be reliable.
Ok, then I don't get your big vanity turnaround today.
What?

I'm on a totally different level rn. I'm galaxy braining this dreamverse.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Post by vanity. »

btw this is a bit of a wifom thing but if i was a wolf here i'd be wiggling out of several lynches better than i ever have before. it would be kinda mindblowing to me tbh. though i guess it wouldn't be impossible for me.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:13 pm btw this is a bit of a wifom thing but if i was a wolf here i'd be wiggling out of several lynches better than i ever have before. it would be kinda mindblowing to me tbh. though i guess it wouldn't be impossible for me.
Can you bottle this feeling and use it in the future? :)
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:09 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:59 pm I feel dumb for blindly believing this tbh lol. You're right that elephant being in the towncore was just based on Nanook's read which may not be reliable.
What?

Ok. Groovy.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

i don't think nutella has done a lot of turning around on me, the only thing is now she doesn't necessarily believe that juliets and elephant are interconnected villagers. wouldn't be surprised if she still wants to lynch me. based on a question i asked her elephant's alignment has nothing to do with mine in her mind.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I just thought, given that she was convinced enough about you to unvote you yesterday, it was odd that she came in directly accusing you today. You didn't make Ty4on get lynched.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:09 pm
What?

Ok. Groovy.
It's 4:20 here baby
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:16 pm
vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:13 pm btw this is a bit of a wifom thing but if i was a wolf here i'd be wiggling out of several lynches better than i ever have before. it would be kinda mindblowing to me tbh. though i guess it wouldn't be impossible for me.
Can you bottle this feeling and use it in the future? :)
i'll try

usually when i'm a wolf i try talking myself out of things and most villagers just keep on pushing out of confirmation bias. i'm generally better at talking myself out of a situation as a villager but i don't know why. probably because i'm able to stay more composed and not be anxious.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:19 pm
i don't think nutella has done a lot of turning around on me, the only thing is now she doesn't necessarily believe that juliets and elephant are interconnected villagers. wouldn't be surprised if she still wants to lynch me. based on a question i asked her elephant's alignment has nothing to do with mine in her mind.
No I don't think you and elephant could both be scum if that's what you meant. I do think it's possible you're both town which is why I didn't like the question.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:20 pm I just thought, given that she was convinced enough about you to unvote you yesterday, it was odd that she came in directly accusing you today. You didn't make Ty4on get lynched.
I thought you agreed with that part though lol. Idk what you were pointing out now that confused you, I was talking about an unrelated elephant thing. Unless Nanook and his death is the relevant piece in your mind there?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:20 pm I just thought, given that she was convinced enough about you to unvote you yesterday, it was odd that she came in directly accusing you today. You didn't make Ty4on get lynched.
for what its worth i did announce that i wasn't self-preserving and i didn't want ty4on to get lynched for mechanical reasons i didn't understand. for some reason i thought nanook had some sort of flip information on ty4on and i didn't even realize it when nanook said that he wanted to lynch between me and ty4on. still, i thought ty4on was okay yesterday and i had other wolf reads. i came in remembering him saying that he struggled posting as a wolf so... dunno
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

the more i play this game the more unsure and confused i get lol. i should probably stop being lazy and actually iso people.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:23 pm
I thought you agreed with that part though lol. Idk what you were pointing out now that confused you, I was talking about an unrelated elephant thing. Unless Nanook and his death is the relevant piece in your mind there?
I thought you knew things. I thought you know juliets things, and I thought you came back knowing vanity things. But you... know... NOTHING!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:28 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:23 pm
I thought you knew things. I thought you know juliets things, and I thought you came back knowing vanity things. But you... know... NOTHING!
Lol what
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I mean, I think I knew juliets things but let's stop that there
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:45 pm Sorry I've been away. I'm going to get back into game mindset tonight.
Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 pm Hello, thread. First, I want to say that Ty4on's death was hilarious. Tragic and all, but he... just... got himself killed for a joke? I don't know. Never seen such a thing.

I see vanity is a current lynch favourite, not surprising. Just got home from work, and I'm going to a friend's house. So I'll catch y'all on the flippity-flop.
How do you feel about Vanity becoming the current lynch favorite? Do you think it's become too status quo? Like, from your perspective, what's the status quo right now? And what kinda read do you think would go COMPLETELY against the status quo right now? I want you to play devil's advocate again.
I feel like vanity becoming a lynch favourite happened pretty suddenly. I also think there's probably a good reason for that, and I support a vanity lynch. I guess it's status quo, but that phrase doesn't carry a lot of meaning for me - every lynch is its own organism with more factors than there are posts in the thread. Status quo came about for a reason.

Lynching Hyena or nutella would go against status quo the most, I think. Elephant/juliets is another factor going on that I don't really understand, but I think some people do. There's my Rebel Lynch Player Salad. Hyena, nutella, Elephant, and maybe juliets.
this post pings me as... jumbled. there's things about it where the writing just doesn't flow properly. but it also seems free-flow-y, strangely enough. kinda villagery.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:26 pm the more i play this game the more unsure and confused i get lol. i should probably stop being lazy and actually iso people.
This is a tougher game than most in that the players got split up so early. Even when people come back to our thread, we're reading their Day 1 posts to judge them by. We're supposed to have several days of posts to use, and people are just like :shrug: . And the players who have been here all along have less content to be judged by, because we've been talking about the same things on the same small group of players the whole time. I think about ISOing people and stuff, and it's like, I've already DONE that man! I read that book already.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:45 pm Sorry I've been away. I'm going to get back into game mindset tonight.
Hyena wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:31 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 10:27 pm Hello, thread. First, I want to say that Ty4on's death was hilarious. Tragic and all, but he... just... got himself killed for a joke? I don't know. Never seen such a thing.

I see vanity is a current lynch favourite, not surprising. Just got home from work, and I'm going to a friend's house. So I'll catch y'all on the flippity-flop.
How do you feel about Vanity becoming the current lynch favorite? Do you think it's become too status quo? Like, from your perspective, what's the status quo right now? And what kinda read do you think would go COMPLETELY against the status quo right now? I want you to play devil's advocate again.
I feel like vanity becoming a lynch favourite happened pretty suddenly. I also think there's probably a good reason for that, and I support a vanity lynch. I guess it's status quo, but that phrase doesn't carry a lot of meaning for me - every lynch is its own organism with more factors than there are posts in the thread. Status quo came about for a reason.

Lynching Hyena or nutella would go against status quo the most, I think. Elephant/juliets is another factor going on that I don't really understand, but I think some people do. There's my Rebel Lynch Player Salad. Hyena, nutella, Elephant, and maybe juliets.
this post pings me as... jumbled. there's things about it where the writing just doesn't flow properly. but it also seems free-flow-y, strangely enough. kinda villagery.
I was answering three separate questions in a short span. That is probably why it gives you that feeling.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:30 pm I mean, I think I knew juliets things but let's stop that there
Hey, I didn't ask you to confirm or deny anything. I just think it's safe to say out loud what I was thinking... whereas it wasn't before recently. To me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Quin »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:26 pm I fell asleep, sorry.

@Quin and @Lady LambdaDelta, Nanook and/or Ty4on told us that in your other thread you were allowed to identify candidates to lynch as long as it was done in 3's. Who did you identify as lynch candidates D2 and D3? D3 is probably not as meaningful because there were only 5 people in your thread but I would like to know anyway. Note I am not asking you to share any private information, only what you made public.
I didn't. I basically just rode out the entire thing.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ok LC is speaking in some weird x neighborhood code lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

i read through a small amount of creature's iso and think it's towny but i couldn't for the life of me explain why. i don't even think i have a good read on creature, it just... feels right.
vanity.
The Mark

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 3]

Post by vanity. »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:57 pm tbh I just want vanity. lynched so I can get nightkilled tonight and leave the game
fmpov this posts reads pretty genuine, that i think i can make clear.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:37 pm i read through a small amount of creature's iso and think it's towny but i couldn't for the life of me explain why. i don't even think i have a good read on creature, it just... feels right.
I kind of feel like he's in his own universe lol but not in a scummy way yeah
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Creature reminds me so much of sig I have to force myself not to just lynch him on the spot for breathing
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Creature reminds me so much of sig I have to force myself not to just lynch him on the spot for breathing
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by Quin »

Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:07 pm gth reads based on mac's exercise:

Benson: I've only known Benson for a day and a half, but if anything ever happened to him I would kill everyone in this game and then myself. Similar to TSP in having things to say about just about everything, but there's dedication to these posts TSP doesn't have. Town.

Dragomir: Early juliets callout set off alarm bells. Didn't really sound like a test even though that's how he played it. There's fluff, but his meaty posts are targeted in just about every direction which isn't a bad thing. Kinda don't think he'd go so overboard with that Evenstar stuff is he was bad (to stay out of the spotlight if anything) Town.

Lady L (thank you umineko references): The 4 person shtick is...confusing? I won't linger on it. I do hope there's not actually 4 people behind the role though. Somewhat insightful up until the nutella vote which isn't explained until later on. Though she is proactive in getting the lynch going (good), Lady has her heels in the ground when talking about it with other people which sucks a bit. Town.

Rej: The Michelle callout is a good look (questioning those who blindly accept townreads). It's a good point against her, though if I can make time I'd give her a read too before I make any judgments. Not a whole lot to work with otherwise. Town.

TSP: Fluff. If scum, probably buddying the elephant. He's got a lot of posts yet so many of them seem to be tiptoeing around the events of the thread without dedicating himself to anything. Scum.
Uh oh, Quin is not very sheepworthy this game
btw what is this
ImageImageImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nanook and ty4on joined our dream and were both villagers so quin and lld are both villagers as well.

this is a great read, trust me.
vanity.
The Mark

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 1]

Post by vanity. »

Quin wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:47 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:00 pm
Quin wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:07 pm gth reads based on mac's exercise:

Benson: I've only known Benson for a day and a half, but if anything ever happened to him I would kill everyone in this game and then myself. Similar to TSP in having things to say about just about everything, but there's dedication to these posts TSP doesn't have. Town.

Dragomir: Early juliets callout set off alarm bells. Didn't really sound like a test even though that's how he played it. There's fluff, but his meaty posts are targeted in just about every direction which isn't a bad thing. Kinda don't think he'd go so overboard with that Evenstar stuff is he was bad (to stay out of the spotlight if anything) Town.

Lady L (thank you umineko references): The 4 person shtick is...confusing? I won't linger on it. I do hope there's not actually 4 people behind the role though. Somewhat insightful up until the nutella vote which isn't explained until later on. Though she is proactive in getting the lynch going (good), Lady has her heels in the ground when talking about it with other people which sucks a bit. Town.

Rej: The Michelle callout is a good look (questioning those who blindly accept townreads). It's a good point against her, though if I can make time I'd give her a read too before I make any judgments. Not a whole lot to work with otherwise. Town.

TSP: Fluff. If scum, probably buddying the elephant. He's got a lot of posts yet so many of them seem to be tiptoeing around the events of the thread without dedicating himself to anything. Scum.
Uh oh, Quin is not very sheepworthy this game
btw what is this
probably saying you're not sheepworthy because you thought drago was town.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

oh and you also thought tsp was scum. probably a combination of the 2.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

i'm probably going to leave because i'm tired as hell and have work early tomorrow again. also i just realized that i'm spamming the thread way too much. this apology is probably way too late.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:58 pm ....Holy crap vanity thank you for making me revisit this whole thing. I don't think juliets ever actually vouched for elephant and the way I think this happened could actually be compatible with him being scum that has pocketed her. @juliets any thoughts that don't brush up against the rules? Do you think elephant could be scum here?
Apologies for not answering earlier, I had to make some phone calls and eat.

As for thoughts -

If Elephant were scum, why would he take someone who is a good mislynch candidate, i.e., has suspicion on her and declare her lock town? It would have been so easy just to agree with those who have been saying I'm probably scum and not even have to push hard for my lynch, just a little nudge and I believe I would have been mislynched maybe not yesterday but soon. So instead of doing that he decided to pocket me? What good does that do, I have no influence in the thread. It makes so much more sense to get me mislynched. So no, I don't think he could be scum here but I won't call him lock town for his own good.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:47 pm nanook and ty4on joined our dream and were both villagers so quin and lld are both villagers as well.

this is a great read, trust me.
lol vanity, I don't understand this but I know you've already gone. Are you assuming the other thread has only been mislynching like us? LLD has only arrived and said she doesn't know what's going on so you can't be getting a read on just that. Or, you're just joking - I don't know you well enough to read when you're joking.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:08 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 7:58 pm ....Holy crap vanity thank you for making me revisit this whole thing. I don't think juliets ever actually vouched for elephant and the way I think this happened could actually be compatible with him being scum that has pocketed her. @juliets any thoughts that don't brush up against the rules? Do you think elephant could be scum here?
Apologies for not answering earlier, I had to make some phone calls and eat.

As for thoughts -

If Elephant were scum, why would he take someone who is a good mislynch candidate, i.e., has suspicion on her and declare her lock town? It would have been so easy just to agree with those who have been saying I'm probably scum and not even have to push hard for my lynch, just a little nudge and I believe I would have been mislynched maybe not yesterday but soon. So instead of doing that he decided to pocket me? What good does that do, I have no influence in the thread. It makes so much more sense to get me mislynched. So no, I don't think he could be scum here but I won't call him lock town for his own good.
TMI and because he can use you.

I don't think your response precludes my theory and I will probably vote for him. If you really object, fight for him.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]nutella[/mention] what do you see about Elephant that causes you to think he is scum? You alluded to some things all fitting together earlier - what are those things?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

And sorry [mention]nutella[/mention] I meant to ask what can he use me for?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:18 pm @nutella what do you see about Elephant that causes you to think he is scum? You alluded to some things all fitting together earlier - what are those things?
Some of it has to do with earlier thoughts I had about his interaction with you on the Tony case. Some of it I can't really say.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:20 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:18 pm @nutella what do you see about Elephant that causes you to think he is scum? You alluded to some things all fitting together earlier - what are those things?
Some of it has to do with earlier thoughts I had about his interaction with you on the Tony case. Some of it I can't really say.
Ah ok.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

In case my wording was misleading, I want to make it absolutely clear that I have no info whatsoever and do not want to suggest I might bc that would be against the rules. This is all purely based on speculation. Just don't want anyone to feel pressured into following my vote for the wrong reasons. I just have a suspicion.

That said, [VOTE: elephant] aubergine

And yes I flipped back to town again on vanity. Lol.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

Hey, how can I help?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

vanity. wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 8:26 pm the more i play this game the more unsure and confused i get lol.
Scum have control of the game, hence why it's confusing
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

You're probably calling them town and unwilling to change that read
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I can relate
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I can see possibly changing from vanity, I just don't know who I would change to. Part of me though is saying he fooled me yesterday and I ended up on town. The other part of me thinks he would have known about the Elephant-juliets thing if he were a wolf. I don't think he was faking that behavior.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I'm surprised scum hasn't done anything about it tbh

unless NANOOK actually stopped the scum kill
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Creature wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 9:39 pm I'm surprised scum hasn't done anything about it tbh

unless NANOOK actually stopped the scum kill
oh, maybe Nanook was a 3rd party kill and he blocked the scum kill? I mean I think we can be pretty sure he was not a vig kill. He had stepped out as a leader of the town so I think he had to be scum or 3p.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I worded that awkwardly - I meant his kill had to be by scum or a 3p.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Creature once again I don't know what you're on about
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Nanook was widely townread. Probably the wolf kill.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”