79%

Total votes: 19
vanity.
The Mark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: they/them or she/her

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 4]

Post by vanity. »

why are you bringing up quin's d1 reads elephant? this seems sorta random.
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 544
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:09 pm ask yourselves this:

i flip. what happens next? think about it from a town flip, a mafia flip, or a 3p flip. what do you guys do?
If town, look at Elephant's arguments against you, TLib's votes on you, nutella's switches on and off you. If mafia, look at Long Con since he's voted with you a lot. Also nutella again and her swings on and off you. Dunno about 3p though. I'd probably treat it as a town flip though in terms of looking for mafia.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:14 pm will you guys even care about my reads once i'm gone? i know elephant probably shouldn't if he's town. i admit there's a very good chance elephant actually is town here. but i don't think trustworthy liberal is town at all.
If you flip town I probably look at TLib next.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:14 pm will you guys even care about my reads once i'm gone? i know elephant probably shouldn't if he's town. i admit there's a very good chance elephant actually is town here. but i don't think trustworthy liberal is town at all.
I will care about your reads once you're gone.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 518

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:09 pm ask yourselves this:

i flip. what happens next? think about it from a town flip, a mafia flip, or a 3p flip. what do you guys do?
a) kick something really hard and watch a violent movie
b) job well done, feel good!
c) Lady Luck smiled upon us, we're the best!
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

trying to solve quin's alignment i suppose. i just find it weird that you're trying to iso quin and stuff and go about it unbiasedly but ever since you cased me you never stopped tunneling me.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Also, what made you change your mind on Elephant?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:16 pm
If you flip town I probably look at TLib next.
I agree with this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:15 pm why are you bringing up quin's d1 reads elephant? this seems sorta random.
I looked at the voting poll, saw Quin and LLD not on there, and wanted to lay some groundwork for tomorrow. This might be my last chance.
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 pm
Also, what made you change your mind on Elephant?
i haven't necessarily made up my mind on elephant, i just believe that i've been too hard on him for not really a whole lot of reason other than he was wrong on me and it seemed like he made several cases on me because he felt like he had too.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: I am the Elephant.

Post by Long Con »

Elephant wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:47 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:13 pm
Elephant wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:45 pm @Long Con , you refer to reading player ISOs in some of your posts, but I didn't get a good impression of your actual solving process. What are you looking for when you' are resolving a player? What about their ISO makes them town or scum to you?
Sometimes I picture what they're saying as coming from a town or scum perspective, and see which feels like a better fit. Sometimes I look and see who a person has been talking about, and who a person hasn't been talking about. Sometimes I look post-flip to see if new information reveals anything juicy in hindsight. :shrug2: I don't have a "method".
Could you walk me through the perspective that Trustworthy Liberal's posts show to you?
Ask me tomorrow
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

nutella, long con, and creature are my only townreads as of now. it's scant but those are the only people i even feel remotely good about. creature said that i was probably townreading wolves and he has to be referring to one of nutella, long con, and hyena. i know he thinks long con is a wolf but i don't understand why i suppose. maybe i'm just reading too hard into select posts.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 pm trying to solve quin's alignment i suppose. i just find it weird that you're trying to iso quin and stuff and go about it unbiasedly but ever since you cased me you never stopped tunneling me.
Quin wasn't very active today, and Lady LD had a single post, I think? They just flew under the radar because we were preoccupied, and somone suggested to lynch inside the "old guard". This is a bit of a prod with view to tomorrow that these guys can't keep slanking. (Well, I haven't gotten to LLD yet.)
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Elephant wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:23 pm
vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:18 pm trying to solve quin's alignment i suppose. i just find it weird that you're trying to iso quin and stuff and go about it unbiasedly but ever since you cased me you never stopped tunneling me.
Quin wasn't very active today, and Lady LD had a single post, I think? They just flew under the radar because we were preoccupied, and somone suggested to lynch inside the "old guard". This is a bit of a prod with view to tomorrow that these guys can't keep slanking. (Well, I haven't gotten to LLD yet.)
you can probably iso lld and come to a conclusion in like 3 minutes lol. it's a weird iso from d1 and she made 1 post today that is completely nai.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:20 pm
Elephant wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 4:45 pm @Long Con , you refer to reading player ISOs in some of your posts, but I didn't get a good impression of your actual solving process. What are you looking for when you' are resolving a player? What about their ISO makes them town or scum to you?
Sometimes I picture what they're saying as coming from a town or scum perspective, and see which feels like a better fit. Sometimes I look and see who a person has been talking about, and who a person hasn't been talking about. Sometimes I look post-flip to see if new information reveals anything juicy in hindsight. :shrug2: I don't have a "method".
Could you walk me through the perspective that Trustworthy Liberal's posts show to you?
Ask me tomorrow
:pout:
I'll try.
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Elephant wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:24 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:20 pm
Ask me tomorrow
:pout:
I'll try.
If you can't one of us will follow up.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

yeah this is probably the worst i have played in a game in a while. sorry about that everyone. hopefully you guys can bring it back after 3 consecutive mislynches if you do choose to lynch me.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

i sorta think juliets is town btw for no particular reasoning.

if nutella's a wolf then she's just been balling on me all game.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

Yes, that was a short ISO. I saw a nutella push on D1, and not much more.
Lady LambdaDelta wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:13 am Hi, my name is Nyx and I'll be your resident speaker for today.

We as a whole have just played 5 games of mafia and Lexi is exhausted so we won't be posting again today, but honestly we're checking in because I figure if we never check in we'll never catch up.

So I delegate the task of helping us know wtf is going on to all of you! Find me interesting posts I should read and tag me in them and we will read them!

That way I don't gotta give a fuck and I can just chill and watch anime~

Sounds good? Great.

-Nyx
We should try the "tag LLD on interesting posts" technique tomorrow.
I am the Elephant.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm really disappointed that LLD hasn't posted more.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

VOTE COUNT
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (106.48 KiB) Viewed 771 times
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

quin's iso isn't towny, especially today's posts. the read on iaafr having tmi is weird but i don't know what iaafr posted in his group.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I just noticed [mention]Trustworthy Liberal[/mention] hasn't voted yet. Where are you Trusty, time to vote -

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:32 pm I'm really disappointed that LLD hasn't posted more.
I was looking forward to playing with her, too. :shrug:
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

fwiw i think iaafr does have a good wolfgame but if he was slowing down regarding posts in his group then that is something to raise an eyebrow over. iaafr can post weird sometimes but if he's posting a ton then he's almost never a wolf by virtue of meta.
Trustworthy Liberal
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Trustworthy Liberal »

juliets wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:34 pm I just noticed @Trustworthy Liberal hasn't voted yet. Where are you Trusty, time to vote -
I've been running around also didn't notice my vote wasn't down thanks for the ping
[VOTE: Vanity] aubergine
Icon by: AgnesAr on DevientArt
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

np

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

okay so here's the deal.

if you think you will never be able to find me as town this game, lynching me is the correct move. if you are not comfortable with ride or dying me, lynching me is the correct move. but if you're lynching me because you think you have to, then lynching me is absolutely not the right move. lynch me because you think i'm a wolf. don't lynch me for any other reason.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

sorry for not projecting town this game. this is on me.

/ate switch flipped off
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

okay so i read hyena's thing about nutella flipping constantly between me or elephant being a wolf and uhhh...

why is it scum indicative?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:40 pm okay so here's the deal.

if you think you will never be able to find me as town this game, lynching me is the correct move. if you are not comfortable with ride or dying me, lynching me is the correct move. but if you're lynching me because you think you have to, then lynching me is absolutely not the right move. lynch me because you think i'm a wolf. don't lynch me for any other reason.
Yeah, if people are voting because they feel like they have to, like, don't do that. I'm voting because I don't feel comfortable calling Vanity a ride or die. I don't feel like I can call him town.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 893

Post by nutella »

you are not making this easy for me but I'm not wavering at this point lol
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:45 pm okay so i read hyena's thing about nutella flipping constantly between me or elephant being a wolf and uhhh...

Together with her ending up voting for neither of you both D3 and D2 makes me think she's prolonging this conflict between you and Elephant. This conflict should have resolved a long time ago.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

vanity, I am sorry if you are town but I don't think I could ever find you as town in this game. That's why I'm voting for you, not because I feel like I have to.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:59 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:09 am @Elephant and @Hyena do you feel like vanity was just fabricating his lack of knowledge about why Nanook accepted me and Elephant into the town core?
No, he might've been unaware of it. I'm just annoyed that he didn't go back to see why Elephant was being townread. Like, it doesn't really feel like Vanity has been reading Elephant's, or anybody's really, posts and that he's just blindly pushing Elephant only because of that's what he has been doing. Like, there's no effort to really change direction, aside from occasionally calling people scum when they go against him. It's this lack of effort to evaluate people that's really driving me nuts.

Like, Nutella has been swinging back and forth between Elephant and Vanity, but at least these changes are based on, like, new thoughts and info as they're posted in the thread. Vanity, on the other hand, is perfectly fine refusing to acknowledge Nutella's swinging in spite of there being clear evidence that she has been doing it, and it felt like he was fine with it only because Nutella started townreading him again.
lolwut.

i'm trying to pocket nutella, first and foremost, because i think she's been villagery all game and has been legitimately trying to solve the situation between me and elephant. that i'll admit. also she's been saying that she didn't like forced dictotomies between me and elephant, though i don't think it was forced it sorta happened naturally.

i have done no refusal of anything in regards to nutella. the reason i think she was town was because i thought she legitimately believed something and got so hung up on it that it's almost unfakeable as a wolf. i never faltered in townreading nutella, i don't know where you got the "i was fine with only because nutella townread me". i was trying to talk sense into nutella because i had no idea why she thought that between nanook, juliets, and elephant that there were mechanical clears. fmpov, that didn't make sense.
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Elephant »

Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:46 pm
vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:40 pm okay so here's the deal.

Yeah, if people are voting because they feel like they have to, like, don't do that. I'm voting because I don't feel comfortable calling Vanity a ride or die. I don't feel like I can call him town.
I believe the best I can do each day is look for the scummiest player I can find, and lynch them, and if I can't, vote the scummiest wagon. The vote is our weapon, and needs to be used, even if we're rarely ever 100% sure. Not every game has a #1610! ;)
I am the Elephant.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:48 pm
vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:45 pm okay so i read hyena's thing about nutella flipping constantly between me or elephant being a wolf and uhhh...

Together with her ending up voting for neither of you both D3 and D2 makes me think she's prolonging this conflict between you and Elephant. This conflict should have resolved a long time ago.
when should have it been resolved do you think? it wasn't happening on d2 for sure lol. i wish it was resolved on d3 because we lost the tracker over me, and i didn't self-preserve because of my own reasons for think ty4on could've been town mechanically and generally.

it doesn't feel like nutella is avoiding to resolve us for any particularly reason. here's a question: what does nutella's alignment mean for my own and for elephant's?
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

again, nutella, long con, creature, very strong town for me.

trustworthy liberal is my strongest mafia read. elephant could be mafia but don't take that to the bank based on my flip.

this is my last post for the day. gl.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

vanity. wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:52 pm

when should have it been resolved do you think? it wasn't happening on d2 for sure lol. i wish it was resolved on d3 because we lost the tracker over me, and i didn't self-preserve because of my own reasons for think ty4on could've been town mechanically and generally.

it doesn't feel like nutella is avoiding to resolve us for any particularly reason. here's a question: what does nutella's alignment mean for my own and for elephant's?
I don't think Nutella can be with Elephant. Nutella can be acting independently, or with you. If she were to switch her vote to the counter wagon AGAIN, this would be the third time that her vote would be potentially preventing one of your or Elephant's lynch. Why don't you ask her why she didn't vote Elephant with you yesterday.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

And yeah, it should have been resolved yesterday, 100%, but now we're here again.
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

Hyena wrote: Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:56 pm

I don't think Nutella can be with Elephant. Nutella can be acting independently, or with you. If she were to switch her vote to the counter wagon AGAIN, this would be the third time that her vote would be potentially preventing one of your or Elephant's lynch. Why don't you ask her why she didn't vote Elephant with you yesterday.
what's the point now? i'm dead.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 491

Post by Creature »

I'm here incase you need a vote
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

actually i'm going to ate more.

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Nevermind we're fucking mislynching anyway
Elephant
Corrupt Union Official

I am the Elephant.

Post by Elephant »

image.jpeg
image.jpeg (79.97 KiB) Viewed 698 times
I am the Elephant.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

There better be less than six scum alive
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

And some vig that actually does the job
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Don't say I'm TMI
vanity.
The Mark

Post by vanity. »

lol
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 130
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”