79%

Total votes: 19
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 803
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 7]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Anyway, I was talking about how many wolves per level thematically.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 1019
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:56 pm Anyway, I was talking about how many wolves per level thematically.
Yes I understand it now. Maybe you are right though and I shouldn't make too much of how many were at each level.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:56 pm Anyway, I was talking about how many wolves per level thematically.
Yes I understand it now. Maybe you are right though and I shouldn't make too much of how many were at each level.
On the flip side, it helped us find Eva.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 595

Post by Master Radishes »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:01 pm
Like fuck it did. I had my case built up way before then and still no one was lynching her with me.

None of you are allowed to share credit for finding her with me. :evileye:
Master Radishes
Hitman

Long Con doing what I was going to do. Juliets has a trail of flip-floppy wishy-washy posts a mile long. Big picture her track record is not the worst, but on a micro level her tone and content sounds all wrong.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:11 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:01 pm
Like fuck it did. I had my case built up way before then and still no one was lynching her with me.

None of you are allowed to share credit for finding her with me. :evileye:
What about killing her? :grin:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

That’s kinda stupid. Radishes is probably the one player who wouldn’t kill Eva if they were 3P.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:13 pm Long Con doing what I was going to do. Juliets has a trail of flip-floppy wishy-washy posts a mile long. Big picture her track record is not the worst, but on a micro level her tone and content sounds all wrong.
This is not a good game for me decision-wise but I do tend to be wishy washy as town, less so as wolf. I'm not sure what you mean by my "tone" is "wrong". I'd like you to explain it.

I can understand if you want to policy lynch me because I have not been good for the game state but do so knowing I am town.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Reading back over iaafr, I had forgotten somehow about that Day 1 EOD where he landed on no-lynch. I asked him about yesterday or the day before and I remember someone told me "good luck" at getting him to answer. He never did. Now he's not taking questions as he said he won't respond to tags. I'll mention him anyway in case that was just a passing notion [mention]iaafr[/mention] I will have trouble not voting you today unless you answer this question. Why did you vote no-lynch day 1?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:26 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:13 pm Long Con doing what I was going to do. Juliets has a trail of flip-floppy wishy-washy posts a mile long. Big picture her track record is not the worst, but on a micro level her tone and content sounds all wrong.
This is not a good game for me decision-wise but I do tend to be wishy washy as town, less so as wolf. I'm not sure what you mean by my "tone" is "wrong". I'd like you to explain it.

I can understand if you want to policy lynch me because I have not been good for the game state but do so knowing I am town.
Don't twist the narrative - it wouldn't be a policy lynch. It would be a she-sounds-like-mafia lynch.

Your tone is one of hemming and hawing but not in a trying-to-figure-it-out way, more a trying-to-look-like-I'm-thinking way.

And yes, I'm abusing my hyphen at the moment.
Master Radishes
Hitman

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 pm Reading back over iaafr, I had forgotten somehow about that Day 1 EOD where he landed on no-lynch. I asked him about yesterday or the day before and I remember someone told me "good luck" at getting him to answer. He never did. Now he's not taking questions as he said he won't respond to tags. I'll mention him anyway in case that was just a passing notion @iaafr I will have trouble not voting you today unless you answer this question. Why did you vote no-lynch day 1?
'I will have trouble not voting you' --> like that

Also, we've covered the no-lynch thing. It's because he's the doublevoter. :nicenod:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 596

Post by Epignosis »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:49 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:43 pm Reading back over iaafr, I had forgotten somehow about that Day 1 EOD where he landed on no-lynch. I asked him about yesterday or the day before and I remember someone told me "good luck" at getting him to answer. He never did. Now he's not taking questions as he said he won't respond to tags. I'll mention him anyway in case that was just a passing notion @iaafr I will have trouble not voting you today unless you answer this question. Why did you vote no-lynch day 1?
'I will have trouble not voting you' --> like that

Also, we've covered the no-lynch thing. It's because he's the doublevoter. :nicenod:
You're still not married to that idea, are you? :disappoint:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:48 pm

Don't twist the narrative - it wouldn't be a policy lynch. It would be a she-sounds-like-mafia lynch.

Your tone is one of hemming and hawing but not in a trying-to-figure-it-out way, more a trying-to-look-like-I'm-thinking way.

You just don't know me or my game. I'm hemming and hawing because I have no idea who is bad. I don't think it's you, I don't think it's Jack but beyond that I'm just not sure. You cannot read my tone so don't pretend like you can. Just vote for me already. And it will be a policy lynch because I am not playing well and am not good for the game state. Do you deny that? If I'm town do you deny I'm not playing well and am not good for the game state? So either way, just vote for me already.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[VOTE: iaafr] aubergine

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:33 pm

You just don't know me or my game. I'm hemming and hawing because I have no idea who is bad. I don't think it's you, I don't think it's Jack but beyond that I'm just not sure. You cannot read my tone so don't pretend like you can. Just vote for me already. And it will be a policy lynch because I am not playing well and am not good for the game state. Do you deny that? If I'm town do you deny I'm not playing well and am not good for the game state? So either way, just vote for me already.
'You don't know my game' is not a valid defence.

'You cannot read my tone' is not a valid defence.

'It will be a policy lynch' is not a valid defence.

'Just vote for me already' is not a valid defence.

Response not accepted.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:12 pm

Response not accepted.
Maybe you didn't notice - I wasn't defending. I was telling it like it is. I've done all the defending I'm going to do. There isn't anything more I can say I don't think.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Response not accepted.
Maybe you didn't notice - I wasn't defending. I was telling it like it is. I've done all the defending I'm going to do. There isn't anything more I can say I don't think.
You were explaining to me why my read on you is wrong. That's a defense.

'There isn't anything more I can say' is also not a valid defence and therefore not accepted.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:17 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:15 pm

Response not accepted.
You were explaining to me why my read on you is wrong. That's a defense.

'There isn't anything more I can say' is also not a valid defence and therefore not accepted.
I don't think you get it but that's ok.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

But I so enjoy tunneling.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

So....anyone who doesn’t think Iaafr is a wolf based on yesterday, change my mind.

“He’s probably not wolves with Juliets” aside.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:35 pm But I so enjoy tunneling.
Yes, I can tell.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 615

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:41 pm So....anyone who doesn’t think Iaafr is a wolf based on yesterday, change my mind.

Based on yesterday? What specifically about yesterday makes him a wolf?
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:41 pm So....anyone who doesn’t think Iaafr is a wolf based on yesterday, change my mind.

The wagon on him was super stale until I tried to shake it up and get a counter going. That usually indicates a town.

Tied/close wagons without frantic EoD antics usually indicate town/town. (There was a bit of that, but it was fairly manufactured by me and juliets.)

Iaafr didn't self-pres when he could have to secure his survival.

Just he's super townie this game. :shrug:
Master Radishes
Hitman

If Epi is lynched and flips green, I'll definitely reconsider the bunny.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:46 pm

Based on yesterday? What specifically about yesterday makes him a wolf?
Nothing. He got a bunch of votes yesterday. He has less votes today. He’s barely said anything today.

So if the needle moved, it happened yesterday.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:48 pm

The wagon on him was super stale until I tried to shake it up and get a counter going. That usually indicates a town.

Tied/close wagons without frantic EoD antics usually indicate town/town. (There was a bit of that, but it was fairly manufactured by me and juliets.)

Unpack the thought about him being super townie.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:50 pm

There's no agenda to his posts. He just says whatever comes to mind. His reads bounce like a yo-yo. His thought process is wild and I disagree with a lot of what he concludes, but it comes across as organic.

Also a pseudo-meta read: in MU spec chat he acted exactly like this.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:53 pm

There's no agenda to his posts. He just says whatever comes to mind. His reads bounce like a yo-yo. His thought process is wild and I disagree with a lot of what he concludes, but it comes across as organic.

Do we know he doesn't act like this when he's scum?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:58 pm

See: words 'no agenda' and 'organic' in above post. Regardless of the 'meta', his behaviour seems clean to me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m having a hard time squaring “no agenda” with his mutual confirmation pact with Eva.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:00 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:58 pm

See: words 'no agenda' and 'organic' in above post. Regardless of the 'meta', his behaviour seems clean to me.
So you don't know whether he posts like this when he's scum? Was he scum in any of the champs qualifiers? I'll go take a look if he was.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:02 pm I’m having a hard time squaring “no agenda” with his mutual confirmation pact with Eva.
He didn't push it in an agenda-y way. He had Spiny's post in mind but hadn't saved it to use (Eva was the one who reposted it). Eva suggested the doublevoter thing and iaafr never really commented on it, which is what I would do if I was facing heat at the time and it helped take the edge off.

I just don't see it as a 'mutual confirmation pact' like you've put it.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:11 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:02 pm I’m having a hard time squaring “no agenda” with his mutual confirmation pact with Eva.
He didn't push it in an agenda-y way. He had Spiny's post in mind but hadn't saved it to use (Eva was the one who reposted it). Eva suggested the doublevoter thing and iaafr never really commented on it, which is what I would do if I was facing heat at the time and it helped take the edge off.

I just don't see it as a 'mutual confirmation pact' like you've put it.
What is it missing to not be Iaafr and Eva both “confirming” each other by claiming for each other and reminding everyone loudly of those claims to try to keep each other from being lynched?

There’s an apparent agenda.

You don’t think so.

What’s the key bit?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok but iaafr knew he wasn't the double voter. Why didn't Eva's clear of him for that reason raise suspicions for him, even if he didn't articulate them right away?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 317
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 2]

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:14 am
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:25 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:50 am Ok, so some juliets ISO pulls, focusing on Elephant stuff...
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:15 pm
boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:11 pm So Elephant and Faraday did not vote for Drago. Was there someone else?
I did not.
yeah but I consider your reason acceptable. Creature did not either but I still read him town.
Juliets narrowed the focus of Drago nonvoters to Elephant and DF, disregarding boo and Creature, both town. Could be viewed as TMI, but I go for the town lean here because of narrowing the focus on Elephant.
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:24 pm
Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:21 pm
Benson wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:19 pm

That's kind of a misrepresentation tbh
He does not say "I am sorry I left you alone". He says "I am sorry I don't look like I normally do". At least, that is how I understand it. He does not address any of us.
I read him as genuinely sorry he was a factor in my melting down if that makes any difference.
Takes the side against Elephant's attempt to lynch vanity. Town lean again.
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:49 pm I'm moving back to Faraday for the moment.

[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:50 pm
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:49 pm why did the dfaraday wagon completely die?
I don't know, I just moved back. I would rather land on someone who didn't vote Drago.
Ended up on DF and not Elephant. Scum lean for that one, looks like the "Elephant or DF" post earlier could be distancing.

The rest of Day 3 juliets mostly casually engages Elephant, questioning here and there, but never suspecting. She doesn't like it said that she copied Elephant's reads. Slightly scummish? She then votes vanity, which would have lynched him that Day if Ty4on hadn't foolishly shot himself in the foot.
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:51 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:41 pm

You're correct I did not post an analysis of vanity, I was tired and it didn't seem necessary. I read through him, noticed there was a lot of emotion in his posts and asked Ty4on the question. I pointed at you because I have been uneasy about you. I have tried to collect some thoughts/questions this morning and this afternoon which I will post in a minute. Maybe you are town and I am just paranoid about you.
Your earlier posts today were showing a growing scum-read on Ty4on, and very few other strong stances on anyone's alignment. You engage Elephant about vanity but you don't really give your own opinion on them very strongly, just question-prompts. Did you decide to start focussing on vanity because of the growing number of vanity voters? Why do you suspect vanity more than Ty4on?
Oh you were right LC I didn't see this or several other posts on this page.

I can't remember exactly when I decided I needed to focus on vanity but the votes that persuaded me were hyena's and Nanook's, especially when Nanook moved. At some point in this day phase I had reviewed nova's posts and decided some seemed scummy but on the whole I wasn't overwhelmed with scumminess as I remember being in the moments that he was posting. I'm pretty sure I posted in the thread what my feeling was about his posts. So, I decided to give Ty4on a chance today and see what he had to say. I'm not sure that was the right decision at this point because Ty4on hasn't jumped into discussion as much as I hoped he would. Plus part of me wants to give that other thread the info of who he is hoping that would be useful. He would probably be my alternate vote if vanity came into the thread and gave good responses for the suspicion on him.
I don't like this post much. I questioned juliets about how much her vanity vote relied on Elephant, and she directs the reasoning as sheeping two town players, and then sets up Ty4on as her alternate vote. No mention of Elephant in her answer at all. Scum lean.
juliets wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:08 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:07 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:02 pm Well that sucked.

But it looks like Nanook may have successfully stopped a kill???

Either way, my choice is clear and has been clear since the lynch post. I regret my part in how that went down.

[VOTE: vanity.] aubergine
Or the vig didn't kill lol, I kinda doubt he would have blocked them? Idk I'm clearly confused lol
I'm thinking it's more the vig didn't kill.

I will join you in a vanity vote. I feel bamboozled.

[VOTE: vanity] aubergine
This is the start of Day 4, where juliets instantly sheeps nutella's aggressive vote on vanity. "I feel bamboozled"? :confused: Scum lean. I know that wasn't an Elephant interaction, but it's notable enough when I saw it, given we now know that vanity and nutella are both town here.

That's all the time I have right now, I am going to sleep. I will continue this tomorrow if I can make time after catching up.
I'm not sure how the bamboozled is scum? I felt like vanity had pocketed me and gotten me to move my vote to someone who was town. I think it's natural to feel this way after that kind of lynch. I'll try and answer to all these in a little while.
I don't recall vanity pocketing you, how did this happen to such a degree that a mislynch on another player left you "bamboozled"? And vanity was town. If you were pocketed, then that's something you did to yourself... like it was all in your own head. Would you have come in with the Day 4 Instavote if nutella hadn't lead the way? It looks like an easy sheeping opportunity taken advantage of.
Regardless of what it seemed like to you I was not sheeping. I made the decision during the night phase.

And what if I was sheeping nutella? That makes me bad?? nutella was our top town read.

Maybe we are not working with the same definition of bamboozled. To me it means tricked. I felt like he had talked his way out of being lynched when he was indeed scum.
I don't really look too favorably on sheeping. I think it's more likely to be used as a pocketing device with the flavour of Civ-friendly meekness.

We share a common definition for the word. But let's be honest here, there's a reason to use "bamboozled" instead of "tricked". It brings to mind a level of trickery that made your head spin with animated question marks popping up like bubbles around it, while you look dumbfounded in confusion. It's like using "lollygagging" instead of "lagging behind" or something. It has implications that irresponsibly foolery is involved. You know?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Response not accepted.
juliets' play Day 1.

That's a valid defense. Go.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

This is not a valid offense. Response not accepted.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 5:49 pm If Epi is lynched and flips green, I'll definitely reconsider the bunny.
Great. Skip the first part and Bob's your uncle.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

We have three dead mafia members. Can you look at him in the context of those three dead mafia members? It's Day 7 for shit's sake.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Epignosis wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:34 pm

U just mad bro
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:nicenod:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:36 pm

U just mad bro
Extremely.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Re: Inception [Subconscious Phase 2]

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:31 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 1:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:14 am
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:25 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 2:50 am Ok, so some juliets ISO pulls, focusing on Elephant stuff...
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:15 pm
boo wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:12 pm

I did not.
yeah but I consider your reason acceptable. Creature did not either but I still read him town.
Juliets narrowed the focus of Drago nonvoters to Elephant and DF, disregarding boo and Creature, both town. Could be viewed as TMI, but I go for the town lean here because of narrowing the focus on Elephant.
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:24 pm
Elephant wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:21 pm

He does not say "I am sorry I left you alone". He says "I am sorry I don't look like I normally do". At least, that is how I understand it. He does not address any of us.
I read him as genuinely sorry he was a factor in my melting down if that makes any difference.
Takes the side against Elephant's attempt to lynch vanity. Town lean again.
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:49 pm I'm moving back to Faraday for the moment.

[VOTE: DFaraday] aubergine
juliets wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:50 pm
vanity. wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:49 pm why did the dfaraday wagon completely die?
I don't know, I just moved back. I would rather land on someone who didn't vote Drago.
Ended up on DF and not Elephant. Scum lean for that one, looks like the "Elephant or DF" post earlier could be distancing.

The rest of Day 3 juliets mostly casually engages Elephant, questioning here and there, but never suspecting. She doesn't like it said that she copied Elephant's reads. Slightly scummish? She then votes vanity, which would have lynched him that Day if Ty4on hadn't foolishly shot himself in the foot.
juliets wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:51 pm

Your earlier posts today were showing a growing scum-read on Ty4on, and very few other strong stances on anyone's alignment. You engage Elephant about vanity but you don't really give your own opinion on them very strongly, just question-prompts. Did you decide to start focussing on vanity because of the growing number of vanity voters? Why do you suspect vanity more than Ty4on?
Oh you were right LC I didn't see this or several other posts on this page.

I can't remember exactly when I decided I needed to focus on vanity but the votes that persuaded me were hyena's and Nanook's, especially when Nanook moved. At some point in this day phase I had reviewed nova's posts and decided some seemed scummy but on the whole I wasn't overwhelmed with scumminess as I remember being in the moments that he was posting. I'm pretty sure I posted in the thread what my feeling was about his posts. So, I decided to give Ty4on a chance today and see what he had to say. I'm not sure that was the right decision at this point because Ty4on hasn't jumped into discussion as much as I hoped he would. Plus part of me wants to give that other thread the info of who he is hoping that would be useful. He would probably be my alternate vote if vanity came into the thread and gave good responses for the suspicion on him.
I don't like this post much. I questioned juliets about how much her vanity vote relied on Elephant, and she directs the reasoning as sheeping two town players, and then sets up Ty4on as her alternate vote. No mention of Elephant in her answer at all. Scum lean.
juliets wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:08 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 7:07 pm

Or the vig didn't kill lol, I kinda doubt he would have blocked them? Idk I'm clearly confused lol
I'm thinking it's more the vig didn't kill.

I will join you in a vanity vote. I feel bamboozled.

[VOTE: vanity] aubergine
This is the start of Day 4, where juliets instantly sheeps nutella's aggressive vote on vanity. "I feel bamboozled"? :confused: Scum lean. I know that wasn't an Elephant interaction, but it's notable enough when I saw it, given we now know that vanity and nutella are both town here.

That's all the time I have right now, I am going to sleep. I will continue this tomorrow if I can make time after catching up.
I'm not sure how the bamboozled is scum? I felt like vanity had pocketed me and gotten me to move my vote to someone who was town. I think it's natural to feel this way after that kind of lynch. I'll try and answer to all these in a little while.
I don't recall vanity pocketing you, how did this happen to such a degree that a mislynch on another player left you "bamboozled"? And vanity was town. If you were pocketed, then that's something you did to yourself... like it was all in your own head. Would you have come in with the Day 4 Instavote if nutella hadn't lead the way? It looks like an easy sheeping opportunity taken advantage of.
Regardless of what it seemed like to you I was not sheeping. I made the decision during the night phase.

And what if I was sheeping nutella? That makes me bad?? nutella was our top town read.

Maybe we are not working with the same definition of bamboozled. To me it means tricked. I felt like he had talked his way out of being lynched when he was indeed scum.
I don't really look too favorably on sheeping. I think it's more likely to be used as a pocketing device with the flavour of Civ-friendly meekness.

We share a common definition for the word. But let's be honest here, there's a reason to use "bamboozled" instead of "tricked". It brings to mind a level of trickery that made your head spin with animated question marks popping up like bubbles around it, while you look dumbfounded in confusion. It's like using "lollygagging" instead of "lagging behind" or something. It has implications that irresponsibly foolery is involved. You know?
There is no "irresponsible foolery" connected with the word bamboozled in my mind. It's another way to say 'to fool' in a stronger way. It's the word that came to my mind when I thought about the situation. It was a strong feeling so I used a strong word.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Hey, by all means, lynch iaafr. Even he wants it. I'm just stating my opposition.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Epignosis wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:38 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:36 pm

U just mad bro
Extremely.
Don't let it get you down. As the philosopher T Swift once said, haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Going to bed. [VOTE: Epignosis] aubergine for the lulz.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, the "irresponsible foolery" was connected to "lollygagging" in the example, while the implication of "bamboozled" was laid out in the previous sentence. Dumbfounded "doi-oi-oi" confusion.

How did vanity trick you? Like, we know now that he was Civ now, but back then you were putting the trickiness out there. In your ISO I was reminded of those times, and I remember vanity expressing frustration and apathy about the game. I don't see how that tricks you into voting Ty4on. It's really strange to turn to a player you suspect and blame them for tricking you right after a Civ lynch.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I currently have zero incentive to listen to anything Master Radishes has to say moving forward, and neither do the other civilians.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Fri Nov 15, 2019 6:44 pm Well, the "irresponsible foolery" was connected to "lollygagging" in the example, while the implication of "bamboozled" was laid out in the previous sentence. Dumbfounded "doi-oi-oi" confusion.

How did vanity trick you? Like, we know now that he was Civ now, but back then you were putting the trickiness out there. In your ISO I was reminded of those times, and I remember vanity expressing frustration and apathy about the game. I don't see how that tricks you into voting Ty4on. It's really strange to turn to a player you suspect and blame them for tricking you right after a Civ lynch.
He talked me out of voting him, and I voted Ty4on instead who was civ. I don't understand why that is so hard to understand. You seem like you are pushing at nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Just telling you why "bamboozled" pings me. It got wordy.

Return to “Inception: Adrift in Limbo”