The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by Sloonei »

I promised to do ISOs tonight. I'll get to that after dinner. I hope we're all excited.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:55 pm I promised to do ISOs tonight. I'll get to that after dinner. I hope we're all excited.
On the edge of my seat.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I crave more fuel for my heckling. :biggrin:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella waiting for me to post

My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 pm Idk sig, when I'm scum I usually am thinking about NKA but on a second or third level of wifom/framing/reverse framing. See: my decision to kill Jack in Aussie game
I thought you just wanted me to stop pulling your tail.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 pm Idk sig, when I'm scum I usually am thinking about NKA but on a second or third level of wifom/framing/reverse framing. See: my decision to kill Jack in Aussie game
Tbf it was actually a weird combo of a straight first-level "he caught me" kill and a wifom gambit
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm Gross,sucks, whatever same diff
You apologize to your brother, young lady. You hurt his feelings.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:37 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:29 pm
Tbf it was actually a weird combo of a straight first-level "he caught me" kill and a wifom gambit
And taking my good advice. :haha:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Lol well you called it after we had already decided it. :meany:

Also I have a brother and he isn't really anything like sloonei XD
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Rej wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:42 pm didnt knew defenses aren't welcome here
also people can never read me lmao

ayayyy
I’m not changing my vote but I just wanna say again that I really like your style. You crack me up. :beer:
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 177

Post by speedchuck »

Creature wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:20 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:58 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 pm Creature yeah vote sloonei he is covered in fur
Yep thought that

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
You got two votes though. I personally would recommend speed or perhaps tony for your second but I'll leave you to some more of your own research ideally
I don't oppose any of them tbh
No one can oppose me. I am too stronk
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:50 pm
Rej wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:42 pm didnt knew defenses aren't welcome here
also people can never read me lmao

ayayyy
I’m not changing my vote but I just wanna say again that I really like your style. You crack me up. :beer:
Same
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

The whole nutella sloondawg convo has been super funky. Keep chatting
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:09 pm The whole nutella sloondawg convo has been super funky. Keep chatting
I’m pretty sure that whole thing happened because I misunderstood nutella’s initial point. :goofp:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Right here:
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:12 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:10 pm
boo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:34 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:33 pm It actually kinda freaks me out that Boo has votes. Why?
Cause getting lynched is mostly all I'm good for as a civ. It's a long and proud tradition at this point :noble:
@Sloonei

Yeah?
That's stupid.
I thought this “yeah” was in response to me asking if boo was simply voting me because I voted for him first. That is what I called stupid.

The “yeah” was actually in response to me questioning the idea of boo being an easy mislynch candidate. I would not call that stupid.

What ensued was an argument about two different things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Right and the way you are harping on all the wrong details is as tbh. Like I get that you misinterpreted some stuff but it was still pretty ridiculous. Besides, the posts I thought were most suspicious were the ones that started the whole thing, before your misunderstanding, so your error does not absolve you.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

first sentence should say "is sus" not "is as" which makes no sense. come on "sus" is totally a word :p
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:35 pm Right here:
speedchuck wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:33 pm It actually kinda freaks me out that Boo has votes. Why?
Cause getting lynched is mostly all I'm good for as a civ. It's a long and proud tradition at this point :noble:
@Sloonei

Yeah?
That's stupid.
I thought this “yeah” was in response to me asking if boo was simply voting me because I voted for him first. That is what I called stupid.

The “yeah” was actually in response to me questioning the idea of boo being an easy mislynch candidate. I would not call that stupid.

Oh well ok then. I honestly have no idea how you got that interpretation from the pulling of that parti boo quote, but ok.

The thing about you saying that other boo post sucked is still independent of this afaict.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:35 pm Right here:
@Sloonei

Yeah?
That's stupid.

Oh well ok then. I honestly have no idea how you got that interpretation from the pulling of that parti boo quote, but ok.

The thing about you saying that other boo post sucked is still independent of this afaict.
I didn’t really pay attention to the quote. I was more focused on the “yeah” part because I’d just asked a yes or no question a few posts earlier. “Yeah” seemed more like a response to that than to my “what?” Post. I was agitated.

I maintain that boo’s earlier post sucked foe the reasons I already stated. “Sucked” does not mean “not town”. It just means I disapprove of it.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ISOs
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:44 pm
I maintain that boo’s earlier post sucked foe the reasons I already stated. “Sucked” does not mean “not town”. It just means I disapprove of it.
oh ffs :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
novaselinenever
Hitman
Posts in topic: 35

Post by novaselinenever »

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I guess I might as well start with boo since we're talking around him and he's first on the list anyway.
boo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:36 pm Okay. Caught up.

Some off-topic-ish acculturation rants to start:
1) I dislike that vote-changing is so popular now. Keeping track of shit is a headache. Seeing someone call a vote, wanting to look at it more for the why, only to get further and they've changed it again (and again, and maybe again). Grr.
2) I dislike how much people are now willing to openly call townreads on people. On day fucking 1. WIFOM on WIFOM on WIFOM. It feels so calculated and head-spinning for me.

So those are both things that threw me off in Inception as well and I'm already chewing through here. It feels even more heightened in this game because I didn't replace in just to immediately get killed.
I disagree with these gripes (obviously), but I don't think the philosophy is indicative of alignment. I am noting it here just to frame the rest of his iso as I move into it. As I stressed in my goofy exchange with nutella, boo is not a player I'm very familiar with despite both of us being longtime members here. We haven't overlapped much as players. This post serves as my introduction to boo's approach to the game of mafia.
boo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:51 pm It was discussed and dropped pretty quickly, but my 2 cents on the games breakdown:

There is 1 mafia team. It's the Barksdale Crew. 3 or 4 members. Roles: Avon, Stringer, and Wee-bay. In a game with as many roles as this one had cut, I'm gonna call it just those 3, but a 4th wouldn't surprise me a ton.

Independents... I'm going to say there are 2 in the game as is.
It would be the highest of all crimes for there to be no Omar. I'd imagine that to be a mostly civ-friendly, needs all mafia dead type of role.

To balance that out, I'd assume there's a more mafia-friendly indie as well. Lots of characters that would fit there. With the cuts made, maybe just needs certain other characters dead to win, and can win with mafia alive.

That would leave 13 civs.

Seems about right.
If I put my scum-colored glasses on, boo's quibble over the scum team size here could be a bit of WIFOM. "Look at me trying to figure out the size of the scum team, clearly I'm not one of them. Natural poe-lease." I'm not sure I believe in that though.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:17 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:47 pm
boo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:36 pm Okay. Caught up.

Some off-topic-ish acculturation rants to start:
1) I dislike that vote-changing is so popular now. Keeping track of shit is a headache. Seeing someone call a vote, wanting to look at it more for the why, only to get further and they've changed it again (and again, and maybe again). Grr.
2) I dislike how much people are now willing to openly call townreads on people. On day fucking 1. WIFOM on WIFOM on WIFOM. It feels so calculated and head-spinning for me.

So those are both things that threw me off in Inception as well and I'm already chewing through here. It feels even more heightened in this game because I didn't replace in just to immediately get killed.
Who specifically is doing calculated things in bulletpoint 2?
Oh, I have no idea for this one. To me, at this stage in the game, almost everyone who makes open townreads gets that reaction (my lone exception would be if someone you trust is in danger of getting lynched, you're better off discussing why they shouldn't be than just letting it happen. But even that, I think, is better accomplished by finding a better lynch target than a straight up defense of someone else). But when it's a common way of playing, that is useless to me in forming suspicions.
This is interesting. Jack asks boo to follow up on what seems like it could (perhaps should) be stretched into an accusation against specific players, but boo walks it back. I don't love that. Good question by Jack.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:42 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:33 am
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:27 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 am Chaos definitely helps town more than it helps mafia.
I do not agree.
Chaos is unstable. It can’t be planned for or calculated. It forces people to react in immediate ways with pressure in them. In such situations, a member of the mafia team is more likely to slip up than in a situation that they can control or anticipate.

Part of it is also about trusting your fellow civilians, which is also a big part of the philosophy behind declaring town reads.
True. But chaos can be fought with chaos. And seeding "chaos" that is carefully done can be planned by mafia. Inception had an atrocious mafia-team start as a result of civ-friendly chaos, but they turned it around (from my perspective) by getting the chaos back to their advantage.

As is probably evident by everything else I've said, my philosophy is to keep trust to a minimum. I do not know who my fellow civilians are, so I cannot trust them, because if I place my trust incorrectly, that becomes a mafia advantage. Give out trust far more sparingly, you get burned far less.
I think this bottom paragraph has shined through in boo's posts, to his credit. I'll see if that view holds as I continue through this ISO.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:49 am Her fence sitting would feel a lot more in her baddie-meta than her civ-meta, to me Dom. I'm curious for her to weigh in on it herself now though.
This may be an outdated meta, much like he admitted his Dom meta was outdated yesterday. I don't know what to make of that. I guess I don't fault a player for referring to their past history with other players, even if that past is ancient.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:09 pm Oh. I was going to park a vote on DDL after reading over a few people at random because he felt very empty and safe to me, but he already has 2 votes and I didn't read either of those people, so I'll at least do that first then.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 pm Oh gross, not doing that then. Don't want to vote with Dunya.
An implied suspicion of dunya on Day 1. Why does this exist?
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:14 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:12 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 pm Oh gross, not doing that then. Don't want to vote with Dunya.
Gross? Why??
The same reasons I'd vote for DDL are truer of dunya than they are DDL, so. Just doesn't work for me now.
I see. This is an interesting progression. Boo suggested he could vote for a player (DDL), but first he wanted to check the other players already voting for them. He then decided that one of those other players (dunya) was also bad, thus cancelling his desire to vote for DDL. This feels like it would be a convoluted scheme to accomplish very little if he's bad. He does not stand to gain much, if anything at all, by suggesting the idea of a DDL vote, only to cancel it out with a dunya suspicion. It looks much more like a simple natural progression. Good look for boo.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:18 pm Although my preference when I'm not voting blind is to vote somewhere it's likely to matter. DDL would've been to park a vote somewhere for the time being that I'd likely change before the end. dunya is a spot I can see myself leaving the vote if it might have an impact. So I'd rather chew it over more before making that decision.
This also aligns with his previously-stated philosophy about votes.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:01 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:40 pm Sadly few people making their themselves apparent. We won't win with townies not towning.

Everyone reply to this question please.

If you had a vig to use right now who do you use it on and why?
Jay, in part to put him out of his misery
So, other than:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:46 am gonna be useless for a while, gang. I said as much, but there's no way for me to be doing this right now.
From JJJ, he didn't say much about being needed to be put out of his misery.

And Colin doesn't strike me as someone who pays exceptionally close attention to the thread as a whole, so that he references that (and even answers the question) seems like it has a decent possibility of being prompted by BTSC.

I'm gonna [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine.
I forgot this theory originated with boo. I don't dislike it. It's convoluted in the sense that I struggle to envision a bad guy just making this up on the spot. It is easier to read this as a genuine suspicion. The best I could do to argue against boo here would be to say that Colin is his partner, and they conspired to use this tactic to create some distance between themselves. I find that unlikely. Townie point for boo.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:41 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:38 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm And Colin doesn't strike me as someone who pays exceptionally close attention to the thread as a whole, so that he references that (and even answers the question) seems like it has a decent possibility of being prompted by BTSC.

that's a very broad and bold statement to make about colin, and one i don't like tbh. he read enough to give his 2 cents on the nutella/speedchuck episode, and jay's post was literally the first one which illustrates his lack of interest in the game. not far fetched that colin saw it and saw the tone at all.

reaching case, especially to imply that colin came in and blurted tmi from jay who would be complaining in scum chat (jay doesn't do that).

if i didn't have nutella in light green, on my very nice rainbow READS, i would vote her for liking this poop.
I didn't imply JJJ was in the BTSC with Colin
I'm inclined to look favorably on this post as well. dunya responds with a fairly lengthy challenge. boo stands his ground and bluntly refutes the premise of her challenge. He knows what he's about and isn't letting no one push him around.

At this point I've developed a fairly clear town read on boo. I see an earnest thought process reflected in these posts. He's making things happen and expressing his reads. I'll keep going, but if this trend continues I'll wipe my hands and move on to somebody else.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 pm Hmm, [VOTE: Drago] aubergine to see what that does real quick.
I am still unclear on what motivated this vote outside of a desire to "make it count". In this post he indicates that "Dom reads bad" to him, though it's possible that's a general statement about Dom as a player, not specific to this game. He has also raised the Colin suspicion again when I asked, but I rejected it because it seemed to hinge on me being bad as well. That train never gained momentum. But boo didn't really push it all that hard either.
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:00 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:58 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:56 pm Hmm, [VOTE: Drago] aubergine to see what that does real quick.
How does it feel?
Meh, I'll give it another minute to see if it shakes anyone out of hiding.
Still unsure what to do with it. I can see town boo making these posts. I'm just unclear on what motivated them right now.
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:59 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:40 am
This vote is so bad I wanna confiscate the tinfoil hat from your avatar.
Yea, I didn't like making it much, but I expected... something to happen. LA following the vote to cause the tie I figured, but then I thought someone would break and change it to 6-4 and I wanted to see who that would be. Since that didn't happen, I think I'm back to looking at Sloonei when D2 starts. Depends on how the night goes though.
This sheds some light, but I'm still not very satisfied. I don't see the progression of thoughts, and I'm still not seeing the motivation to vote for Drago specifically. Has boo done anything to work through the results of this vote?
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:51 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:43 pm I feel worse about nutella today too. So much changes after 3 dead town.
Like you immediately somehow feeling better about Sloonei? You're wrong to have changed your mind on that, imo. If @Zemmi actually shows up I'll be happy cause then I can move from her to Sloonei.
I remain unclear on why my name is coming up here.
I also note that boo is not following up on the Colin suspicion from yesterday, though to be fair I'd forgotten Colin was even playing.
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:53 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:52 pm
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:49 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:41 pm
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:40 pm Because I'm not mafia, so what I would do if I were as it relates to him is not actually relevant.
Why is nanook town?
I don't know that he is. But he's around, and inactives are my only policy lynch of choice even though I dislike his type of playstyle, and I wasn't convinced LC really believed his justification for trying to lynch Dom, and he's a tricky bastard, so the only chance of getting him lynched is to put it out there early to get people to take a real look.
What makes you doubt LC’s sincerity about Dom?
In my ISO from yesterday.
I still didn't see this. Or if I did, I didn't interpret it this way. [mention]boo[/mention] where did you say this?
boo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:40 am [VOTE: sloonei] aubergine since apparently people think Zemmi people seem to think will get replaced. But if not and she doesn't show up before EoD I still think we should ynch her.
Here's his vote for me. I'm still not sure why it exists.
boo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:37 pm I didn't vote for you because you voted for me Sloonei. I was talking about lynching you during N1 and it was even on my mind D1. You just happened to vote for me in the first ten seconds of the day. And I think you know all of that. You've been around a lot, but have also continuously played dumb, acting like you don't know what's going on. I don't buy it. Not even a little bit.
Hmmm.

I like Day 1 boo a lot better than Day 2 boo. On Day 1 he was very clear, his thought process was visible and seemed to have a clear direction to it. I can't say the same for Day 2 boo. I'm still inclined to town read him overall, but I need him to start substantiating the reads that exist today.

Why am I suspicious? Why is LC is suspicious? Is Colin still suspicious?

tl;dr: Slight town read with a few reservations. Need clarification on things.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Colin is next on the list and he was relevant to boo's iso. Looking at all his posts except the one boo pointed out
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:21 am
sig wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am Also rip Mac voting for me, nothing new there. He can't read me worth a damn.
Straight for that card ay.

Anywho so far Creature and Rej are top town reads. I think Nutella is also town. I'd like to see fellow towns towning a bit harder.

I think we're also looking at wolfjay lol. I know he says he's busy but I can't help but feel if he was town he'd have used the posts he has made for more townie purposes. More FPS to see what happens less "please hold for assistance.

Jack worries me. Speedchuck also.

But Dragomir doing the ol' "hello fellow townies" thing can take some scrutiny for now.
Right on all counts imo. Although nutella/speed argument feels contrived right now
Wholesale agreement with Day 1 Mac, and an added read about nutella and speedchuck. Okay.
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:10 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:07 pm Mac and Rej are bad.
I like Mac so far but Rej is pinging me slightly in a purely tone/gut way.
The prior post suggested a town read on Mac. It also suggested he agreed with Mac's town read on Rej. This post is a statement which directly contradicts that position. :ponder:
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:25 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:46 am I've never watched The Wire. Is there anything I need to know?
A few of DDL’s posts bugged me while I was skimming earlier. His entrance was the first of them. Concerns about flavor knowledge interfering with one’s involvement in the game are almost always unfounded. I don’t believe in the authenticity of this question as an introductory post. It looks awkward.
Ooh I like this
Thanks. Do you still like it?
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:38 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:02 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:38 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm And Colin doesn't strike me as someone who pays exceptionally close attention to the thread as a whole, so that he references that (and even answers the question) seems like it has a decent possibility of being prompted by BTSC.

that's a very broad and bold statement to make about colin, and one i don't like tbh. he read enough to give his 2 cents on the nutella/speedchuck episode, and jay's post was literally the first one which illustrates his lack of interest in the game. not far fetched that colin saw it and saw the tone at all.

reaching case, especially to imply that colin came in and blurted tmi from jay who would be complaining in scum chat (jay doesn't do that).

if i didn't have nutella in light green, on my very nice rainbow READS, i would vote her for liking this poop.
I don't specifically care for the implication that Jay was complaining in btsc. Just the general idea that they could be teammates and Colin was hyperaware that Jay wasn't up to living up to his usual meta. Like, that much was implied in Jay's post, but Colin ascribed particular importance to it in bringing up Jay for the hypothetical vig question.
I don’t know if I can find a way to believe that you believe this weird convoluted backstory to the most flippant post I’ve made all game
nutella shade. Is there boo shade? There should also be boo shade if there's nutella shade.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:39 pm Nanook is having too much fun to be town
Tell me more.
I guess Sig kinda said what I was thinking above in that big post of his but he used words good instead
This exists. I used to be very wary of players who went after Wilgy for being Wilgy early in games. Nanook is wilgy 2.0.
That's not to say I specifically town read nanook right now, but he is a player whose style invites easy suspicion, so I like to look out for players who take that bait.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:07 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:04 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:03 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:02 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:01 pm [VOTE: boo] aubergine because I want him to take firm stance on something in this game. Go go go.
I still want to lynch Colin.
Go ahead :beer:
Gimme a read on boo.
I give him towncred for that whole weird suspicion of me. It’s not correct but I think it comes from the right mindset of actually trying to find things and it’s the right amount of paranoid.
What is the difference between nutella's support for this case and boo's suggestion of this case?
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:35 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:27 pm For everyone who is here: Present Dom is not on the poll. Who do you vote for?
Leaning toward Nanook tbh but I can be persuaded of most anything at this juncture
I have no memory of this post. I'm guessing it came at a very busy moment in the day, cause I should have received a notification. Anyway, see my above point about nanook.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 pm Fuck it

[VOTE: Dom] aubergine

If he’s town I can analyze all the other jabronis who started the wagon and if he’s scum I can try to find out who tried to lead us astray
Based on the timing, this is probably the last vote on the Dom train. We now know it was incorrect. Bleh.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:04 pm I’m at peace with this, in case any of you were worried about me.
A guilty conscience leaking jokes to appear cool?

There is more bad than good here. I do this all the time, but: [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

took my vote off rej since he's got enough attention on him as is.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:43 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:29 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:10 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:13 pm
sig wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 pm ...Dom doesn't seem outside his normal civ meta.
Is that really true though?

Take a look at Dom's ISO in Girl Genius. He was Civ, I think the "main" Civ? I think the differences are pretty striking.
The D1 differences? Browsing that, it doesn't read that different to me. Do you have any specifically damning differences in mind?
In this game, the bulk of his posts are about calling things bullshit and firing off mirroring questions with no evidence of caring about the answers. In Girl Genius, he was more interactive, gave reads, agreed or disagreed with people, and said things like "It matters that you have avoided answering direct questions."

Did anyone avoid answering his direct questions in this game? Can you tell if he even cares?
Ah. Tbh, Dom in general reads bad to me. I agree with you about how he comes across in this game, I just don't find the other game to be that different, or his game in general to be that different at the start of the game. It's when he gets quiet though, that I found he tends to actually be bad. And that I don't really see here so I'm undecided on if I want to vote for him. Be helpful if he were around to respond to stuff directly.
I do not follow the highlighted portion, boo. Are you saying that Dom has specifically been Not Quiet this game? If so, then why does he remain in consideration for a vote?
Sorry. To clarify, I mean when Dom is very quiet (by which I mean, barely posting. Will come in to vote and call it, and that's pretty much the extent), is when I've found he's pretty much always actually mafia. The rest of the time... if he's around and posting anything substantive, it almost always makes me want to lynch him early on.

So the reasons I'm seeing so far for voting for him just aren't enough to make me do that, because it does just seem like normal Dom to me. I think I understand why LC disagrees, but I also refuse to trust LC on principle, he's far to tricky for that to ever be a smartplay.
[mention]Sloonei[/mention]: in regards to LC seeming insincere about Dom. It starts here.

You had a question somewhere in there about if I meant a bad read on Dom in general or this game. I meant in general. He's just someone who always feels off to me.

And then Colin. He dropped so far off my radar up until you mentioned him that I forgot I voted for him initially yesterday. I could still go for lynching him though. I think I had a pretty good suspicion there.

But you're still mafia. We should lynch you.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Speaking of Rej, I asked him for reads and he supplied some but I haven't responded. So:
Rej wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:42 pm ayayyy

First the ISO to my voters:

DDL: Has a misinterpretation of things against me. Doesn't like me for reasons. Tho I agree with him on the points against boo. Boo voted Drago off with uss and then he tried to sell us a Zemmi lynch possibility. His vote on boo was well placed, seems town.
Oh and yes Dragon D. Luffy I am a noob, what attracts me in mafia are mechanics and setups and roles, I just admire the mindgaming in the DPs and I can't reach that level yet.
A town read on DDL which also includes a scum read on boo. If I am following correctly, Rej, you town read DDL because of his vote for boo? Why is that? Why do you suspect boo, and do you care that DDL has since changed his read on boo?
Speedchuck: Also went for Creature like DDL early DP1, often civillian behaviour to clear out a person's alignment or stance. Can't find scummy posts in his ISO. Also what does he have against weasleness? Weasles are cute animals. I want one as pet dafuck
You say you can't find any scummy posts in his ISO. Do you see any townie posts? You seem to suggest that his early behavior toward DDL and creature was a good look. Why?
Jack: Normal entrance, didn't went for creature, sheeped a vote on me which I rly don't like, until I was thematized more. Gave fuel to my wagon basically which I don't apreciate. Between the posts you can often find WIFOM... #422 I didn't like the "blah blah statement"
I see a dimension where jack and boo interactions could be W/V or W/W interactions. Deserves its own reanalysis.
#1007 lmao, is this throw off something a civ would say? and if yes why? Jackofhearts2005
less townlean on Jack, but I don't think scum would recklessly jump on my wagon at this point?
All of this is negative until that final point at the end, where you seem to walk it back a bit. Then you vote for Jack anyway. What? I'm also not totally clear on what you don't like about Jack's posts. You suggest that "WIFOM" is part of the problem, but I don't follow what exactly you mean or are referring to.
TSP: Interesting ISO, he likes using the term W/W and this implies that he is explicitly scumhunting and he is flexible about it. Could be to create chaos or to find early leaking scum. Slightly more civ lean in the entrance. Suspecting Sloonei, then moving votes from nutella to me, + lecturing boo, since then his votes didnt change. Interesting that he did not interact with the Dom and Dragomir wagons. Were they civ caused autorunner?
50/50 on TSP depending on his bigger sheme.
This is all a big shrug, and the word "interesting" appears twice without judgments being made. :ponder: Gun to your head, is Tony town or scum?
Sloonei: Targets DDL, a justified target to inquisition, flips later to Boo. alot of meta talks in their posts which I cant dissect. Questioning both wagons alot is giving Sloo civ points. #653 the "shrug vote post" was kinda cute and innocent. Another townlean.
#683 @Sloonei I think we played together before? or did you host for me? there was something before that is not accurate...
and I missed answering your question, I answered because I wanted to speed up forcing an interaction, since I am mre like a peek a boo player. lmao
And yes me and Drago are compatible as scum partners, we won games together, one or two no remembering.
Sloonei asks justified questions further on, I know zero about their meta at that point, feels like dissecting a complete stranger and it's interesting.
Sloo vs nut? deserves its own post.
Yes hello, that's me. Asking questions is my shtick, especially early on and when I don't know players. As you can probably tell right now. It's just how I work through things in the game. I like to know how people are interpreting the game.
I may have hosted a game that you played before. Sockville, maybe? Anyway, you suggest that you're interested in my interactions with nutella. Why? What's your read on those exchanges?
I am tired as fuck I will place votes now
one will be boo the other will be Jack, I am ready to move my votes to TSP for the sake of seeing where it leads with my reeks or nutella because there is also something going on.

Will keep other ISOs for tomorrow.

Good Night
[VOTE: boo] aubergine
[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
Why did you choose to focus on the people who were voting for you? What don't you like about boo?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Technically you hosted Rej in Inception albeit briefly.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

boo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:06 pm Sloonei: in regards to LC seeming insincere about Dom. It starts here.

You had a question somewhere in there about if I meant a bad read on Dom in general or this game. I meant in general. He's just someone who always feels off to me.

And then Colin. He dropped so far off my radar up until you mentioned him that I forgot I voted for him initially yesterday. I could still go for lynching him though. I think I had a pretty good suspicion there.

But you're still mafia. We should lynch you.
I see. I thought you had something particular about LC that made you doubt the case he raised in this game. Meh. I get the skepticism about him in general, but it does nothing for me if you can't point to a specific reason to doubt him.

Tell me why I'm mafia.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:11 pm Technically you hosted Rej in Inception albeit briefly.
This is true. But also I was right, I did host him in Sockville. Glad that's settled, team.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 65

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:18 pm How do phone users play mafia even :confused:
Poorly
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:33 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:18 pm How do phone users play mafia even :confused:
Poorly
Gimme reads on rej, boo, and nutella.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:23 pm
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:21 pm [VOTE: zemmi] aubergine for one vote as a start, at this point if we have to lynch two people one of my votes is probably gonna be a policy vote, so will get it out of the way now.
Bad

Wait for a replacement. Lynching 0 posters = bad.
Agree sorta, don’t see why one has to be a policy vote.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:29 pm No way dom was mafia kill, you don’t kill the competing wagon when it was T/T.

Tbh that doesn’t make a ton of sense for a 3p kill either, unless they’re townsiding maybe. Pretty much reeks of a vig.
Yep
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

boo wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:17 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:11 am Boo doesn’t seem to like me but we actually agree that inactives should die or get active

[VOTE: Zummi] aubergine

Especially on a day we get to kill two people, either play the game or die.
It's not personal. I just can't do anything with the playstyle you exhibited on D1, and find it actively not fun to play with.

But it's nice to see someone else who likes killing inactives. People are way to passive about assuming replacements rain from the sky and my least favourite thing about hosting is having to make the call to boot someone who just isn't around, assuming I even have a replacement available to do it.
Why do your preferences as a host have any bearing on your actions as a player looking for scum?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:39 am I think I like Tony’s responses to my questions. But Tony’s scum game in Fallout fooled me hard and I’m incapable of looking past it.
He looks mad different here though, don’t you think?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:45 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:39 am I think I like Tony’s responses to my questions. But Tony’s scum game in Fallout fooled me hard and I’m incapable of looking past it.
How so?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:43 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:11 am Boo doesn’t seem to like me but we actually agree that inactives should die or get active

It's not personal. I just can't do anything with the playstyle you exhibited on D1, and find it actively not fun to play with.

But it's nice to see someone else who likes killing inactives. People are way to passive about assuming replacements rain from the sky and my least favourite thing about hosting is having to make the call to boot someone who just isn't around, assuming I even have a replacement available to do it.
Why do your preferences as a host have any bearing on your actions as a player looking for scum?
Shit, is this one of those games where you can't casually converse while you play? :eye:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:27 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:03 am I'm thinking lynching zemmi is actually a good idea conceptually, now. But the fact so many people seem to be onboard with it is giving me pause.
Nah. Why would the Mafia team care about bussing a nonplayer member of their team? That's the easiest bus ever. I'll get on that boo vote. [VOTE: boo] aubergine
Didn’t you say earlier you were fine voting Zemmi for the same reason as Boo?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Shit, is this one of those games where you can't casually converse while you play? :eye:
I suppose my underlying accusation is that boo’s reason for voting Zemmi is frivolous and made-up.
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:51 pm

Wait is that why people are annoyed with me
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

That would explain a lot tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

A quick tony iso since he doesn't have many posts
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:31 pm I don’t have much time right now. Can someone (ideally more than one person) give me two sentence summary of the events of the day thusfar?
6 hours later...
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:56 pm hi someone tell me who to kill any why. Thank you for your time.
He makes no other posts between these two. His next post comes the following morning. Meh. I appreciate being short on time and can relate at the moment. But this doesn't look like effort when he is here.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:05 am
nutella wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:59 pm
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:51 pm
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:36 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:35 pm
boo wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:27 pm [VOTE: LC] aubergine the other one.
Hey, what did I do?
Killed Dom.
I believe that would make me the vigilante. Why would the Mafia kill Dom after he came very close to getting lynched?

I didn't kill anyone.
I didnt mean you were literally the triggerman. But Omar (more likely than a vig, imo) bought into your Dom suspicion and killed him for it and that didn't work out, which makes me double down on my belief in your insincerity on the case against Dom.
.....ohhh

so you think LC is mafia who tried to bait a vig/3p kill onto a townie?
hmm my gut is to super not like this. Maybe too w/w to be w/w but explaining ideas like this is something I generally see as scum.
This read exists. If nutella and boo are partners they're playing a super bold game. I don't object to the take here, but it's not enough to tell me much about tony.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 am I’m here for fifteen minutes. Please say things I can react to so I can feel like a participatory member of this game.
This was the preface to The Question last night. The full exchange:
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:33 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:26 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:23 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:15 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:13 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:10 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:08 am I’m here for fifteen minutes. Please say things I can react to so I can feel like a participatory member of this game.
You’re scum for lying low yesterday.
This is a WIFOM trap and I don’t like it.
Interesting. Explain.
There is basically no normal response I could give to the post that I (and presumably you) wouldn’t be able to read and create an argument for in either direction. Now you’ve played with me a few times and so I’m not doubting that as best as I try to hide it I’d give off a sort of meta tone read but I don’t think it’s consistent.
So like:

General list of defenses

Angry response
apology
Shrug off
Meta defense
:feb:

I can’t say which of these I’d be more likely to give as scum or town. Probably depends more on my mood and like whatever comes to mind first. There are players who I think I would have a better idea of what they’d do but that can be manipulated too.
So what do you think of me for asking the question?
It’s an interesting, if not good, question. You’re a better townie than me but have a more similar playstyle as town than the average player. I have a penchant for WIFOM questions when I’m town. So I’m not going to straight up call it scum, but because you didn’t build a stupid case (yet I suppose) it looks a little better.Therefore, NAI on the first question with slight town read on the follow-up direction.
There's already been heavy discussion around this whole thing. It is an odd exchange, but odd does not need to equate to bad. I am wary of it, at least. I think this merits attention and would like to hear what people think, if there's anyone who has not already weighed in.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:24 am
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:16 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:11 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:09 am
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:01 am I'm done doing your homework for you sloonei. Have some ketchup with your paprika
speedchuck responded to your big post. Do you have any thoughts on that?

I am still inclined to disagree with the one point you made about his Rej suspicion. He articulated the same response that I did earlier. I have an easier time grasping your point about his handling of Creature (though I’m unclear on the exact context of that whole exchange. Please regurgitate it for my helpless baby bird brain). I’ll get around to developing my own independent read on speed eventually. I don’t have the mental energy for it.

Can you see an angle where speed is town?
Nutella, given exactly this post please tell me if you think your two voting targets are w/w.
I think it's possible, yeah. Should this post specifically make me think otherwise? :confused:
I mean I could see how people could read this post as non w/w. I wanted to know if you did.
Tell us more, Tony.

Other than that, he placed a vote on Rej with a seemingly implied town read on nutella, though he expressed that somewhat begrudgingly.
Tony makes no other mention of Rej anywhere in his posts. Why does that vote exist?

There is not much here and I come out of this with nothing but questions.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:35 pm
Poorly
Rej: no read, idk that man

boo: flip flopping, thought town yesterday, now it seems like they keep digging themselves in a hole logically b/w their suspicion of me (and apparently abandoning it) and the insistence on culling Zemmi, I might vote here

nutella: town
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:49 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:45 pm
How so?

High effort in Fallout, very solvey, not so much here.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

My 2 top candidates I think are boo and Sloonei/speedchuck (because I’m vibing with nutella rn)
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

I’m def not gonna investigate the other people who voted Dom like I said I would LOL
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:35 pm
Poorly
Rej: no read, idk that man

boo: flip flopping, thought town yesterday, now it seems like they keep digging themselves in a hole logically b/w their suspicion of me (and apparently abandoning it) and the insistence on culling Zemmi, I might vote here

nutella: town
What gave you a "slight gut read" of Rej yesterday?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:07 am My 2 top candidates I think are boo and Sloonei/speedchuck (because I’m vibing with nutella rn)
Are speedchuck and I partners then?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Hot take: Anyone talking about voting Boo for their desire to policylynch an inactive is scum.

I'm sort of joking, but not entirely. Culture clash, in instances like this, is not a good reason to vote someone. It's perfectly reasonable in some mafia cultures to see a double lynch and be like "Oh, jeez, town can hardly handle one lynch, much less two. Here's a person that needs to be kicked out of the game anyway, to make it easier on the host, more fun for the players, and to make things simpler. Let's go."

And I don't want to hear that I'm reading too much into Boo's vote, because that's exactly what everyone else is doing. Six years ago, on my home sight, I would have absolutely voted Zemmi in this situation.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”