The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sorry I quoted the wrong post. It was supposed to be the one where you call.me ignorant.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:55 pm Look, I’m trying to be nice here, but you’re not making it easy. Fairly basic analysis and approach is going right over your head, idk what to do with that tbh.
Actually reading people's posts and figuring out what they are thinking > using just logic and probability to crack polls like they are puzzles.

Good mafia players eat that shit for breakfast. All the time.
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

do I need to cite proof or can we just accept that I’m generally a very solid town player
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:59 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:58 pm What is it about sig that twists the perception of his vote to a bus? Specifically. Was the timing that bad? Did he try to urge others to vote elsewhere even as he voted?
Shhhhh LC, we are not allowed to consider those things. The poll alone forbids us from looking at Sig's ISO and analysing his logic.
But... but I'm not interested in the dick-measuring stuff, I was just asking you a regular Mafia question. :srsnod:

Or I guess we can keep doing the “You’re new here so you must be trash” dance
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Luffy s corrupt for sure. Argumentative and thread steering. When he's civ he shoots from the hip. I'm getting a warrant. [VOTE: DDL] aubergine

No, we shouldn’t be killing ddl today either!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

But I want to
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 177

Post by sig »

Wow forget about the game for a phase and i come back to votes.

Is there a case for my lynch or just tunnel vision? Since it realky makes no sense to lynch me given last day phase.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:31 pm Wow forget about the game for a phase and i come back to votes.

Is there a case for my lynch or just tunnel vision? Since it realky makes no sense to lynch me given last day phase.
There are varying opinions. You ever bus a teammate?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I was literally the vote that retied Rej and then helped keep him ahead. I was also active EOD and could've easily switched and saved him, which I didn;t.

It's also important to note that I've been sketchy on Rej and mentioning it since like D0, true I didn't push for him to get lynched but I've not pushed for anyone that hard this game doesn't don't have the time.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:32 pm
sig wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:31 pm Wow forget about the game for a phase and i come back to votes.

There are varying opinions. You ever bus a teammate?
Yes, but it would've been illogical for me to bus in this instances. Especially since I was happily plodding along.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:11 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:58 pm What is it about sig that twists the perception of his vote to a bus? Specifically. Was the timing that bad? Did he try to urge others to vote elsewhere even as he voted?
Shhhhh LC, we are not allowed to consider those things. The poll alone forbids us from looking at Sig's ISO and analysing his logic.
But... but I'm not interested in the dick-measuring stuff, I was just asking you a regular Mafia question. :srsnod:
Sorry.

The point is I asked nanook to show me posts suggesting Sig couldn't have bussed Rej, he refused to, so I got mad.

I was on my phone so I didn't want to do it myself. I'll look at Sig's posts myself now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

dunya wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:53 pm would like more people who think boo is town to tell me why he's town if anyone believes that. if not, i'll move my vote there end of day i guess. :shifty:
Scummy post, fam.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:08 pm do I need to cite proof or can we just accept that I’m generally a very solid town player
Yes I think you are good at this.

But I disagree with the way you play and I don't think you can just write a rule that says it's just better to ignore bussing and win more.

When mafia notices you are doing that, they just do the opposite you are expecting and kick your ass.

So I will give consideration to every theory, no matter how much you believe it's not worth it. Everything can happen in this game, and every game has multiple examples of players not acting how you expect them to.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:15 pm Luffy s corrupt for sure. Argumentative and thread steering. When he's civ he shoots from the hip. I'm getting a warrant. [VOTE: DDL] aubergine
The fact you wanna lynch me because you think I'm intelligent is at the same time insulting and flattering.

I’m not saying we should pretend bussing never happens

I’m saying that FOR TODAY, we have some very strong indicators that there’s scum between sloonei and Colin.

But yes please continue to straw man and ignore what I’m actually saying
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Rej interactions
Rej wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:34 am
Zemmi wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 10:23 am Never watched it but I just realized we can't claim any kind of information in this game ;-; My least favorite rule.
+ its closed rolemadness as it seems :faint:
Casual fluff post in response to ZemmiHead. This tells me nothing on its own, but it exists.
Rej wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:53 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:21 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:57 pm Considering 17 players usually means 4 mafia in a town v mafia singleball but also considering this site is weird, I'd say 3 mafia with chances of a handful of third parties
I could see that, I don't recall ever playing a Nova game though which does make it a bit more murky.

I'd say 3-4 mafia and two third parties probably with survivorish roles, I don't think the game could support a SK given how small it is and there being role reveals. It's also possible one of the third parties is a mechanism against role claiming, if they're not I'd be wary of the mafia having a role that could punish a player for revealing info/claiming.
the way you imply he third parties being survivorish is worrying me
I note it down
Soft shade thrown at sig. Gut instinct is to say this is a good look for sig, but not enough here to get a strong read. I could see it as distancing as well. The exchange continue in a similar manner. It definitely looks manufactured, but I am not able to gauge whether or not sig is part of the manufacturing process as well. His response is a literal shrug.
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:59 am
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:27 am
Dom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 am
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:14 pm Lol creature is town
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Eh?
Dom probably suspects you of basing your town gutread on Creature on TMI. (My first guess).
I also give Creature a townread, but he set his vote and he was quite engageful. Tho my read on him bases on post-voting.

Why did you give him a towncard?
This involves two dead players and a living one. We know that Dom and nutella are both town now, which makes this exchange look even weirder. Creature remains, and it would seem this post exists so that Rej can slap a town read on him. The whole thing is odd. Odd does not need to equal bad, but in this instance we know that the oddness is related to badness. If Creature is town then Rej took a very peculiar route to arrive at slapping a town read on an enigmatic civilian. If Creature is bad, then Rej took a peculiar route to paint his partner favorably. I still have not played with rej prior to this game, so I don't know exactly what to expect from him, but this interaction feels like it makes more sense if Creature is his partner. Slight point against Creature.
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:06 am
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:03 am Oh man oh man oh man

How painful can boredom be?
Do you have some hunches? Some impressions? For example, from some of my posts? Or others like nut/dom or Mac whom you followed up with voting.
This also exists. Generic prods. Tells me nothing about Creature on its own. Nothing tells me this can't be a teammate interaction.
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:35 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:23 pm Something about Rej made me feel suspicious but I can't put my finger on it.

Why do people trust Rej?
Seems you had your hunches on me, but you didn't dig in further, how come?
Another generic prod, this time directed at DDL after the latter had expressed vague suspicion against rej. This does not tell me much, though I want to say that DDL's handling of rej on Day 1 was a good look. But I'm not dealing with that directly right now.

Hypothetical mechanics chatter with Jack. Okay.
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:39 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:37 pm
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:35 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:23 pm Something about Rej made me feel suspicious but I can't put my finger on it.

Why do people trust Rej?
Seems you had your hunches on me, but you didn't dig in further, how come?
Hunches are hunches, it's hard to rationalize them in a way that doesn't involve writing stupid things.
So you see yourself in a possibility of writing "stupid things"? Like a slip? :llama:
What? This post feels super awkward. That could mean either that Rej is uncomfortable with DDL's pressure on him, or because Rej is trying to make his interactions with a partner look authentic. DDL's response looks much more authentic, for what it's worth, and was immediately followed up with a vote. If this is a feigned casual interaction, DDL didn't get the memo.

Yeah DDL is town.
Yup
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:53 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 am Well in that case, there's not really much for me to do. Could explain my read on Rej or Mac maybe. But...nah.
wow you really give zero fucks this game, you must be a civ, you would never fuck up your mafia brethern like that? playing this jaded?

did anything else in this DP caught your attention? I haven't seen many reads about Mac. He just seems to carry some energy with him, energy I haven't seen in much of his D0/D1 plays.
Is the first half of this post a sarcasm? Because it seems like one to me.
tbh I am 50/50, it's true that Dragos overall behaviour in mafia changed, from game to game he gives less a fuck, that is reasonable if you busy yourself with other things, but still a mafia drago wouldn't make himself such an easy target I feel, tho town drago tends to do help town in any kind of form
Oh spicy. nutella was all up in speedchuck's business because of this exchange, but in hindsight I think it's a very good look for speed (His follow-up posts are more relevant to this read.). speedchuck picks out a relatively minute detail from one of rej's posts and uses that as grounds to approach a new suspicion against him. He draws it out in a way that looks too nuanced not to be authentic. Good look for Mr Chuck.
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:22 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:42 pm Wait other people are sus of Dunya too?

Cool beans hop onto this gray train and let's ride it to kill station.
At this point no
Rej tells nanook he's not suspicious of dunya "at this point", perhaps implying that he will be later. Slight townie point for dunya. Nothing on nanook.

He produced a big long post of reads Day 2 focused almost entirely on the people who were voting for him. This seemed like an odd tactic, but it makes more sense now that we know he's bad. His bandwagon grants him an easy point of entry into the business of developing reads, and also probably frees him from the challenge of needing to deal with too many teammates (I wouldn't be surprised if at least one partner was bussing him, but it's unlikely his bandwagon was comprised of a majority of scum). The reads he produces are as follow:
DDL: shrug with slight shade.
speedchuck: town
Jack: "less townlean" but with a hedge and a shrug. This reads like rej couldn't make up his mind what he wanted to say. Not a great look for Jack.
Tony: More like Towny. Twice characterizes his ISO as "interesting" and throws nothing but shade before pivoting to another "50/50" stance. Rej was setting Tony up as an obvious scapegoat, but didn't quite commit to it.
Sloonei: Seems to give me a favorable read but doesn't actually express a stance. Suggests that my interactions with nutella deserve a second look. So far speedchuck is the only player rej has committed a firm read to in this post. He has shaded the rest of us at least a little, but not committed to anything. So maybe speedchuck is the partner here. I'm not inclined to believe that based on the previous interaction I mentioned, but he's the outlier in this bunch. The rest of the reads are varying degrees of noncommittal.
He ends it by placing votes on boo and Jack. Interesting. I did a quick search to make sure I hadn't missed some interactions with boo prior to this vote. There was nothing. The Jack vote also stands out in that rej seemed to express more skepticism about Tony in this post, and perhaps similar skepticism of DDL. These votes alone don't tell me a whole lot. His later interactions might.

A little while later:
Rej wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:53 pm changing from boo to TSP
:ponder: Not a great look for boo. Not that I think boo was ever actually in danger of being lynched yesterday, but this is a flimsy ass vote all the way around that didn't last long. I can see soft distancing easily here.
Rej wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:15 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:01 pm For me all three of Tony, Colin, and Sig are in a weird place where I want to suspect them overall but they each had like one post that felt really towny.
What is the current case on Collin? I must admit, same as he nullreads me I also nullread him, gonna revisit it. I missed some posts from the second half of the current DP and I am still working through it.
This exists. Is rej trying to stoke the flames on the Colin wagon, or is he just pretending to look interested? Let's find out!

Thrilled to see sig. I don't know why this post exists. Slight townie point for sig for similar reasons to my point about DDL above.
Rej wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:37 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:35 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:34 pm It's Friday the thirteenth. Maybe jack can be lynched. :beer:
Wouldn’t count anyway cause there are two players that get lynched today. :pout:
What is your case on Collin? help me to get uptodate
Expresses more interest in Colin. Still not really producing anything on that front though. This is a redo of the previous post. I'll give Colin a slight point for Rej's persistence, but that's still not much.
Rej wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:47 pm
boo wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:15 pm
Rej wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:53 pm changing from boo to TSP
After TSPs flyby on me I'll trust you over him and move my LC vote to [VOTE: Tony] aubergine
I was skimming through your ISO and I saw you doesn't have any clear stance on Dunya rn or I missed it. I am interested to hear about it since based on her votes she suspects us as scum. I can't get a good read on her rn.
Now he's doing the same thing with dunya. This post seems to be more personally directed at boo than his previous ones (which were directed at nutella and Jack respectively). What does that mean? I don't know.
Rej wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:03 pm
sig wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:59 pm So general thoughts on lc? I've seen back and forth but really no solid consensus. Personally this is the first game in awhile where he doesn't seem scummy to me. Buuuuut, every game I've played where I thought he was scum he was civ. Ergo since I dont suspect him I now do suspect him slightly based of that. I'll be reading through his stuff and see what I see.
didnt like his mac and dom interactions earlier in the game
his gif reaction in the NP was fun tho, I liked that
have nothing to say against his vote placements this DP
A bullet point list of observations about LC. Bad, null, good. Okay. This is his first and only acknowledgement of LC's existence in this game.

My strongest read coming out of this exercise is that DDL is town. I already felt that way coming in, but this strengthened the read. speedchuck also gets a slightly less town lean here.
I could see boo as a partner. The interactions are scant and rej appeared to pretend to have a suspicion against him at some point, but that came and went without an ounce of substance. That last minute comment on LC looks arbitrary and contains nothing substantial anyway. It appears that his vote remained on Jack til the end of day yesterday, which may be a point in Jack's favor.
Rej kicked the tires on the dunya and colin wagons toward the end of the day, but it does not appear that anything came of that. For the sake of taking a stance, I'll call it a favorable look for each of them. There are a few hollow interactions with sig that I'm unable to do much with, so I'll say that's a negative given how vacuous the interactions are.

Rainbow reads based exclusively on these interactions:
DDL
speedchuck
Jack

Colin
dunya

sig
Long Con
boo

Everybody else is null, though I have not actively considered those who are conspicuously absent much. LC gets a negative nod because he was mentioned at the very last second, but there are others who don't show up at all in this ISO.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 245

Post by dunya »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:51 pm “Do actual work Nanook!”

*nanook does actual work*

“We don’t like your work Nanook!”

🙄
im interested in you baby, i like your fire :cloud9:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:35 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:11 pm
Sorry.

The point is I asked nanook to show me posts suggesting Sig couldn't have bussed Rej, he refused to, so I got mad.

I was on my phone so I didn't want to do it myself. I'll look at Sig's posts myself now.
Fair enough. sig's point here:
sig wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:33 pm I was literally the vote that retied Rej and then helped keep him ahead. I was also active EOD and could've easily switched and saved him, which I didn;t.

It's also important to note that I've been sketchy on Rej and mentioning it since like D0, true I didn't push for him to get lynched but I've not pushed for anyone that hard this game doesn't don't have the time.
...is convincing, if true. Maybe if you could find reasons to say that his Rej push was not hard enough, or maybe he was pushing Rej but MORE pushing someone else? Those kinds of bussing techniques, I am familiar with.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:27 pm Also genuinely curious to see if the dunyadar is still reliable when it's not fed by 300 posts a day.

And wondering why I didn't stay on Sig yesterday.
What does it say?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I also have some heavy doubts on whether Rej's role was actually the strongest.

I mean, this is nova we are talking about. He wasn't raised on Mafia Scum. He was raised on sites where roles with 10+ abilities are common. I don't know if he likes writing games with powerful roles, but he certainly is used to them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:42 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 4:27 pm Also genuinely curious to see if the dunyadar is still reliable when it's not fed by 300 posts a day.

What does it say?
That Sig is bad.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

you're too rational and switzerland to be good
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I forgot Creature in my final analysis because all his stuff was way back at the beginning.

he'd slot in somewhere in the orange section, probably between sig and LC.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei is doing all the work I was about to.

Let me read it.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:40 pm Rainbow reads based exclusively on these interactions:
DDL
speedchuck
Jack

Colin
dunya

sig
Long Con
boo

Where's Creature?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:43 pm I forgot Creature in my final analysis because all his stuff was way back at the beginning.

he'd slot in somewhere in the orange section, probably between sig and LC.
Oh
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:43 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

I agree with this vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

LC looks worst to me from that rej post as well.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:43 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

I only became that way because I didn't like the tone of the exchange between DDL and NANOOK.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i would give colin a nudge more green from rej's handling.

and ftr, i hold no weight on vote analysis to "town clearing" people on this website anymore. you're all a bunch of heartless bussers.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Hmm

Okay looking at Sig's posts he did spend a lot of time pushing Rej.

Okay not pushing this for now.

Let me find someone else to vote.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Btw nanook, sorry if I insulted you during our argument. Not sure if I did, but I'm apologizing just in case.

Though I still think my point is right and that you should have looked at Sig's posts and not just the poll. But I won't waste time with discussion that any further.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:48 pm you're all a bunch of heartless bussers.
we*
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con & Rej:
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:13 pmHis (DoWm's) level of critical engagement has been a little less than I'm used to seeing. I don't find that in itself to be a particularly inspiring case, but it's worth exploring.
That's where I'm at, actually. I'm not super-inspired by the Dom vote either, and I wouldn't be surprised if a Dom lynch ended badly. When I went to compare the two games, I kept an open mind... if I had seen the same Dom, then I would have posted about it. Like I said, I found the differences striking, and it served to solidify my vote more. The scales are unbalanced without Dom here to defend himself, but I'm on the heavy side of the scales.. something else will have to tip the balance enough to chanfge my vote, if Dom isn't going to bring the weight down.

I have a sexy angleshooting alternate vote in mind, but I won't discuss that openly... I'll just let it inform my vote should the winds blow that way. :feb:
Who else is worth looking at?
I don't mind the Rej and Drago wagons too much. I haven't yet looked at DDL to see if he's been as insincere as some say... which I think is the main reason he has votes?
This is a bit salady, though to be fair I did kind of prompt that. Rej is a viable counterwagon behind Dom. LC has nothing else to say about him on Day 1 and his vote stated put on Dom.

This post is interesting. I remember it well, and it catches my attention here because it's not about rej. I had just finished ISOing Drago and rej as we were getting close to the Day 1 deadline. LC had recently expressed interest in both of them. He responded favorably to my Drago analysis, but had no comment on my rej analysis. This post by LC gave young Sloonei the confidence to cast a vote for Drago: support from a (then) town read for a certain case as I was frantically looking for a vote that felt right. I take responsibility for my own vote and don't mean to suggest that I voted where I did because of LC. It was my vote and I was wrong. But LC expressed support over Drago rather than Rej. Drago was town. Rej was scum.

Casual chatter about unlocked nights. Okay.

And that's it. I am looking at LC through scum colored glasses here, but it is not difficult to see a partnership.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:51 pm Btw nanook, sorry if I insulted you during our argument. Not sure if I did, but I'm apologizing just in case.

Though I still think my point is right and that you should have looked at Sig's posts and not just the poll. But I won't waste time with discussion that any further.
And yet I came to the same conclusion, that sig isn’t worthwhile today, and did it much faster and easier.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:42 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:42 pm

What does it say?
That Sig is bad.
Tunneling you are, stop you should
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:51 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:48 pm you're all a bunch of heartless bussers.
we*
i don't intentionally bus. i actually hate bussing. numbers for mafia is most important, and i prefer saving than throwing someone under a bus or being bussed.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

dunya wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:48 pm i would give colin a nudge more green from rej's handling.

and ftr, i hold no weight on vote analysis to "town clearing" people on this website anymore. you're all a bunch of heartless bussers.
I almost feel the same way, but the fact that rej never did anything about his colin prods keeps me from taking it to the bank. He even left his votes away from Colin when he was one of the viable counterwagons at the end of the day.
though to be fair, rej seems to have been absent for the last few hours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

hey can we not have me be in the lead again today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:53 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:51 pm Btw nanook, sorry if I insulted you during our argument. Not sure if I did, but I'm apologizing just in case.

And yet I came to the same conclusion, that sig isn’t worthwhile today, and did it much faster and easier.
You're staring to make me hope sig is bad.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i actually voted for sig because i was talking to him on discord, (no other reason today for my vote), while i read up on the thread and caught up. then i got sidetracked doing other things.

i find it interesting how ddl followed me there though and used the line "lets see if dunya's scumdar is still working" - it's like a preemptive excuse should i be wrong (does ddl know i will be wrong?) to throw me under the bus. i didn't like that post.

Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:57 pm

I know I’m insufferable aren’t I

But even if he is, I’ll just say

I didn’t say he was good or lock clear him, I just said there are better targets today

;)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:56 pm hey can we not have me be in the lead again today?
if at least 1 of the people voting for you is bad, who do you think it is?

speedchuck, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Creature
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:40 pm Rainbow reads based exclusively on these interactions:
DDL
speedchuck
Jack

Colin
dunya

sig
Long Con
boo

i notice nanook is also missing? :ponder:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 5:57 pm

I know I’m insufferable aren’t I

But even if he is, I’ll just say

I didn’t say he was good or lock clear him, I just said there are better targets today

;)
The thing about statistics is that it's easy to ignore all that numerous times where "an amazing player" went against them and kicked your ass and then continuing following probability like a clockwork.

I don't let anyone beat me without a fight. No busser gets to be taken for granted by me. I will consider everything.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ddl and rej seemed in "conversation"...dunno if that could be faked. hm

anyway, the only time rej pursued zemmi was in giving praise to ddl for voting boo who wanted to lynch zemmi.

i was curious to know what the mafia's take on lynching an inactive was. hmmm
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

turnip, are you a bad turnip? :(
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Colin & Rej
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:21 am
sig wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am Also rip Mac voting for me, nothing new there. He can't read me worth a damn.
Straight for that card ay.

Anywho so far Creature and Rej are top town reads. I think Nutella is also town. I'd like to see fellow towns towning a bit harder.

I think we're also looking at wolfjay lol. I know he says he's busy but I can't help but feel if he was town he'd have used the posts he has made for more townie purposes. More FPS to see what happens less "please hold for assistance.

Jack worries me. Speedchuck also.

But Dragomir doing the ol' "hello fellow townies" thing can take some scrutiny for now.
Right on all counts imo. Although nutella/speed argument feels contrived right now
Colin's handling of his rej read was one of the primary reasons he was my top choice to be lynched yesterday. It starts here with an implicit town read of rej via his blanket agreement with mac. (I'll note, however, that nutella raised the point that that sort of blanket agreement/sheeping of another player is more generally a town tell than a scum tell)
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:10 pm
Dragomir wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:07 pm Mac and Rej are bad.
I like Mac so far but Rej is pinging me slightly in a purely tone/gut way.
Then this happened. There was no direct statement of a Rej townread earlier, but he seemed to suggest that he supported Mac's read. Now he's contradicting it.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:43 pm I don’t know a damn thing about Rej but I remember nodding along to that case
This is another vague expression of suspicion. Not too dissimilar from the previous one.
ColinIsCool wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:48 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:47 pm Someone who's got a better feel for this thread than I do right now, please answer this:

Are Rej and Drago compatible as scum partners?
I’ve never met either of these people in my life
This seems to be more a general comment on his familiarity with Rej and drago as players, not a specific read based on this game. I'll note that colin has definitely played with Drago in the past though.
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 12:05 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:35 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:33 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:18 pm How do phone users play mafia even :confused:
Poorly
Gimme reads on rej, boo, and nutella.
Rej: no read, idk that man

boo: flip flopping, thought town yesterday, now it seems like they keep digging themselves in a hole logically b/w their suspicion of me (and apparently abandoning it) and the insistence on culling Zemmi, I might vote here

nutella: town
This is where my gripe with Colin came to fruition. After starting with an implied town read and working down to a vague suspicion, he now expresses the nullest possible read on the player. My reasons for suspecting this have already been stated and remain true.
However, in light of my previous post I'm inclined to suggest the alternative: Town Colin is only half paying attention this game. Rej is a player he's unfamiliar with, and not an extremely vocal member of this game. It is plausible that Colin might have caught a glimpse of something early, then forgotten it later on. For what it's worth, I pressed him to elaborate on the read and he gave us this:
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:43 pm So with Rej I didn’t understand any of the arguments he was making early on even when I was kinda skeeving on DDL and he was also. Idk what to think now
That's not much, but it exists.
ColinIsCool wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:44 pm I don’t want to vote for Sloonei or Rej c’mon
But then he came back toward the end of the day and dropped this post. Rej, Colin, and I were the three main wagons behind the primary TonyStark wagon. Colin expresses a lack of desire to vote for Rej after all that flipflopping and implied negativity earlier. In fairness he did end up voting for Rej, which was the vote that put him over. I can definitely see town Colin making that vote. I'm a familiar commodity for him, so it's more likely that he'd have a sense of how to read me in this game, whereas Rej is an unknown. If he has to cast a self-preservation vote, going for the unknown is the preferable option in that scenario. But I can't award him full credit for voting to lynch the bad guy (Colin said so himself), as this was self-preservation with all the attention on him. I can go either way on this vote.

I thought Colin looked bad yesterday, but I have an easier time seeing a civilian in his posts in light of Rej's flip. I am not ready to remove him from the pool of suspects, but there's enough in his favor that I am not compelled to campaign for his lynch at the moment.

Anything he can contribute down the stretch today would be fantastic, obviously. I'll start with the obvious question:
[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention] why did you vote for rej instead of me?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”