The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:24 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:11 pm It feels like Nanook is fighting the thread and not the bad guys
If the thread would kill the bad guys with me I wouldn’t have to fight it 🤷‍♀️
Let's kill dunya then.
I’m not considering anyone except sloonei today.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 245

Post by dunya »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:39 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:00 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:57 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:53 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:40 pm why the hell is nanook your top town read lmao.
I fought the guy.

I think he seriously believes all that stuff he said.
can't he strongly believe in a mafia principle and still be scum, though? i don't see why strong convictions make him town. it just means he's stubborn to me ;)
How strong is your bad read on him?
he's barely given me actual content to critique. i have no reason to town read him and that's what worries me most since i have at least 1 reason to townread every other living player.
it's harder for me to form opinions on people i have never played with, and doubly hard when you're a marmot or wilgy and sincerity is masked with humor and sarcasm.
That sounds like a you problem more than a me problem
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:27 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:24 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:14 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 pm We I do think oui ought to lynch Dunya after Sloonei.
why?
Cause your reads feel faaaaaake. Your scumread on Rej spontaneously appeared when he had like 5 votes. Your Sloonei scumread did the same today.

Like everybody else you’ve voted for is someone I townread and I’ve raised at eyebrow at least at your reasons for voting them, particularly Boo.
first part is a lie. go check the vote tally. i was an important vote on rej and it didn't come out of nowhere. if i was bad, there's no way i'd vote for my teammate out of fucking nowhere either. i vote based on intuition. rej's first post before he did the isos was SO BAD i didn't even read the isos. i hated it, and i knew he was bad. i don't need a ton of convincing when something smells fishy right under my nose.

and i was the third vote on sloonei. i could have easily continued with LC and put him in the lead instead and continued my push on him. so get the fuck outta here jack.
When has sloonei being confirmed scum to the point you can use him as evidence you are good?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:40 pm why the hell is nanook your top town read lmao.
I fought the guy.

can't he strongly believe in a mafia principle and still be scum, though? i don't see why strong convictions make him town. it just means he's stubborn to me ;)
he's barely given me actual content to critique. i have no reason to town read him and that's what worries me most since i have at least 1 reason to townread every other living player.
oops
it's harder for me to form opinions on people i have never played with, and doubly hard when you're a marmot or wilgy and sincerity is masked with humor and sarcasm.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 pm We I do think oui ought to lynch Dunya after Sloonei.
why?
Cause your reads feel faaaaaake. Your scumread on Rej spontaneously appeared when he had like 5 votes. Your Sloonei scumread did the same today.

Like everybody else you’ve voted for is someone I townread and I’ve raised at eyebrow at least at your reasons for voting them, particularly Boo.
first part is a lie. go check the vote tally. i was an important vote on rej and it didn't come out of nowhere. if i was bad, there's no way i'd vote for my teammate out of fucking nowhere either. i vote based on intuition. rej's first post before he did the isos was SO BAD i didn't even read the isos. i hated it, and i knew he was bad. i don't need a ton of convincing when something smells fishy right under my nose.

and i was the third vote on sloonei. i could have easily continued with LC and put him in the lead instead and continued my push on him. so get the fuck outta here jack.
When has sloonei being confirmed scum to the point you can use him as evidence you are good?
we're talking about my "scumread" not sloonei is bad. he said my scumread spontaneously appeared. it wasn't spontaneous, it was calculated as was my vote.

i really wish people would actually read me properly. :p
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm on phone so I'm too lazy to iso.

But so far I've counted two instances of appeal to emotion and two of wifom in your arguments with me and jack.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm giving you actual facts, and you're twisting my posts to suit your bias.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:42 pm
I fought the guy.

oops
He's definitely not a marmot/wilgy.

He's something else... unique. Still trying to figure out. I guess I need an alignment flip and an endgame meta to see it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:44 pm But so far I've counted two instances of appeal to emotion and two of wifom in your arguments with me and jack.
tell me where.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:26 pm @Turnip Head
@sig
@Jackofhearts2005
@Creature
@Sloonei

Do you townread dunya and if yes how strongly
She's close to townlock for me

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:42 pm
I fought the guy.

oops
Yeah heaven forbid we have fun playing a game, what is this world coming to
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ftr, i wish nova would have edited the thread title to indicate which phase we're in. it makes isos and looking through posts and knowing when everything happened such a bitch without them. if we can do them for future phases [mention]novaselinenever[/mention] i would owe u one
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:48 pm
Yeah heaven forbid we have fun playing a game, what is this world coming to
:rolleyes:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

dunya wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:44 pm
Rej wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:53 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:21 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:57 pm Considering 17 players usually means 4 mafia in a town v mafia singleball but also considering this site is weird, I'd say 3 mafia with chances of a handful of third parties
I could see that, I don't recall ever playing a Nova game though which does make it a bit more murky.

I'd say 3-4 mafia and two third parties probably with survivorish roles, I don't think the game could support a SK given how small it is and there being role reveals. It's also possible one of the third parties is a mechanism against role claiming, if they're not I'd be wary of the mafia having a role that could punish a player for revealing info/claiming.
the way you imply he third parties being survivorish is worrying me
I note it down
yeah, it does seem a bit wordy from sig.

still on half of page 3.

i like rej so far the most. seems authentic and reminds me of the game i played with him on another forum (he was civ, i wasn't). same drive and kind of observations.

nutella comes across more snarky than i remember her :p must mean she's civ

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:20 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 am Yeah, I’m fine with a Rej lynch. Or maybe a Nanook one. He’s mostly just blah blah mafia philosophy.
yucky post, jack.
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:22 am people i would be willing to lynch today
ddl
speedchuck
jack
dragomir
macdougall
maybe sig

people i wouldn't be willing to lynch today
nutella
sloonei
rej
LC
creature? i think.

if i haven't named you, it means you're not present in my mindset.
^All of Dunya’s posts about Rej are defending him until the two she posted.

This is the first time she voiced suspicion of him.
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:45 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:15 pm I think the main question with Rej is whether he is really undecided or if he's just playing at both sides to look like he's doing something.

It's off-putting because he doesn't just change his mind, he does it 2 or 3 times in the same paragraph. Doesn't look much like a normal stream of thought.

No matter if he votes to lynch or to spare Drago, you'll find a reasoning in his post when you dig it.
tbh, the wishy washy 50/50 doesn't remind me of the town rej i saw in the one game i played with him so meta is not very reliable here. but correct me if i'm wrong. he was stubborn and annoying for my team because he would make plans and be vocal about them and get everyone on the same page in a loud way.
But it doesn’t stick.
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:34 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:27 pm also that final quote is extra fun in light of the drago flip. scum speed would be biased toward assuming one would have a "coherent stance" on drago since he would have had tmi
Sloonei and speed make sense as teammates. I dont see sloonei pick up anything from speed despite him being a central piece of attention vs u on day 1. If they're teammates, sloonei would actively avoid talking about him and reminding us. He keeps choosing names like rej and drago and boo as names "people have been talking about" "Tell me more about these names"

Feels like focusing the narrative away from Dom etc.

Here’s the other post Dunya points out where she “suspects” Rej.
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:17 am 1. sig - could be mafia
2. Rej - could be mafia
3. Zemmi - town coinflip
4. JaggedJimmyJay/ sloonei - town
5. Nutella - probably mafia
6. Dunya - town
8. Long Con - probably town
9. TonyStarkPrime - probably town
10. NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME - the shtick is getting old, maybe the 3p
11. Creature - probably town
12. Boo - probably mafia
14. Dragon D. Luffy - stiff but getting more town vibes from him today
15. Coliniscool - town
16. Speedchuck - probably town
17. Jackofhearts2005 - could be mafia
No reasoning. No definitive scum read. And in fact...
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:21 am i'm not sure i understand the "rej" case. is it a case of if dom and drago were both town, the third most talked about person was rej so he must have been bad? i mean it's not a terrible case, but is that the extent of it or is there more?
She doesn’t know why she’s supposed to suspect him.
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:51 pm
sig wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:57 am Im down for a rej lynch not feeling sloonie or boo
Why aren't you feeling boo? What has boo done to gain your confidence?
^This reads as a Rej defense but in fairness to Dunya, we have two lynches.
dunya wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:11 pm i moved my vote from nutella to rej. his posts have not inspired the confidence in him i hoped to see.
Here is where Dunya finally expresses a scumread on Rej and votes him. It’s the last time she mentions Rej that day.

I wonder why Dunya left out all those other posts about Rej when she went to prove how much she suspected him. 🤔

I still scumread her.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Can we get two lynches again? :charlieblackmon:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I really should do this for Sloonei but I’m dreading it cause I’m sure he asked everyone about Rej and Rej about everyone.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Why didn't i vote Colin and save rej if I hadn't mentioned him much like u said? Do you sincerely think I'd vote to lynch rej when I had other options?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

why?

What do you mean by the orange part? What I think you mean is that sloonei is bad, and you should be townleaned for sticking on him instead of going for the easy LC fruit. It's good logic, except that we don't know that sloonei is bad... do YOU know that he's bad? That's how I understand the logic there.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sorry, I see DDL asked that already, and it was answered.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

This is gonna be kinda piecemeal since Sloonei quotes quotes of quotes and asks lots of questions. If you feel like my selective quotes are dishonest, feel free to do this yourself. :meany:
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:41 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:36 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:34 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm basically he's calling rej scum for not having a coherent stance on drago. I don't have a coherent stance on drago either so idk why that's sus
I feel like there is more to speedchuck’s read than that. He seems to be beefing with the particular language of rej’s post, arguing that it lacks direction rather than simply being non-committal. Is there anything else?
But like what's wrong with lacking direction? Are players not allowed to ramble/post stream of consciousness thoughts?
Rambling = working through ideas publicly and verbally to move toward a conclusion.
Lacking direction = vomiting words for the sake of saying something

I am not saying that I agree or disagree with anything speedchuck is saying about Rej. I’m just saying I don’t think you’re characterizing his read accurately.
Question’s Nutella about her Rej read while remaining neutral on Rej.

As Nutella said “Okay.”
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:47 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:40 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:13 pmHis (DoWm's) level of critical engagement has been a little less than I'm used to seeing. I don't find that in itself to be a particularly inspiring case, but it's worth exploring.
That's where I'm at, actually. I'm not super-inspired by the Dom vote either, and I wouldn't be surprised if a Dom lynch ended badly. When I went to compare the two games, I kept an open mind... if I had seen the same Dom, then I would have posted about it. Like I said, I found the differences striking, and it served to solidify my vote more. The scales are unbalanced without Dom here to defend himself, but I'm on the heavy side of the scales.. something else will have to tip the balance enough to chanfge my vote, if Dom isn't going to bring the weight down.

I have a sexy angleshooting alternate vote in mind, but I won't discuss that openly... I'll just let it inform my vote should the winds blow that way. :feb:
Who else is worth looking at?
I don't mind the Rej and Drago wagons too much. I haven't yet looked at DDL to see if he's been as insincere as some say... which I think is the main reason he has votes?
Where could I find a nice succinct description of the Drago and Rej wagons?

I am half of the DDL wagon so far and I've read about 25% of this thread.
Asks about the Rej case twice (once not quoted here). Doesn’t get an answer before digging into Rej himself.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:42 pm Quick glance at Rej
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:51 am
sig wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:08 pm
Rej wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:53 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:21 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:57 pm Considering 17 players usually means 4 mafia in a town v mafia singleball but also considering this site is weird, I'd say 3 mafia with chances of a handful of third parties
I could see that, I don't recall ever playing a Nova game though which does make it a bit more murky.

I'd say 3-4 mafia and two third parties probably with survivorish roles, I don't think the game could support a SK given how small it is and there being role reveals. It's also possible one of the third parties is a mechanism against role claiming, if they're not I'd be wary of the mafia having a role that could punish a player for revealing info/claiming.
the way you imply he third parties being survivorish is worrying me
I note it down

It's an obvious assumption to make given the player pool. :shrug:
1.5 years mafia experience, and I havent ever seen someone comming D0 implying that third parties might be survivorish. Lmao, this is scummy af and I dont know how else to judge this random wild assumption.

I just think that you could be harmful (possible third) who tries to downplay the scum/thirds in general in this game.

Thats why I said noteworthy.
This is an odd post. I've never played with Rej and I don't know where else he's played, but I'm not inclined to read sig in the way that Rej is proposing here. It seems like an odd thing to latch onto for what appears to be Rej's first read of the game.
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:59 am
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:27 am
Dom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 am
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:14 pm Lol creature is town
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Eh?
Dom probably suspects you of basing your town gutread on Creature on TMI. (My first guess).
I also give Creature a townread, but he set his vote and he was quite engageful. Tho my read on him bases on post-voting.

Why did you give him a towncard?
I also don't know why he responded to this. @Rej why did you respond to this?

DDL posted a fairly length case on Rej and he responded with this, which... does not really address anything. He just kinda shrugs at DDL's point about his stance(s) on Creature. That's basically nothing. Then he votes for DDL, but changes to Dragomir in his next post. Both look like omgus.

I'm uninspired. I like the DDL case that exists in here.
So he supports the Rej case ish?

Doesn’t vote there though.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:47 pm Someone who's got a better feel for this thread than I do right now, please answer this:

Are Rej and Drago compatible as scum partners?
Wants to know if Rej and Drago could be partners. I don’t remember Sloonei really focusing on Drago at this point. Reads like an attempt to lynch town Drago instead of it after Rej.

pRe FlIp AsSoCiAtIoNs
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:50 pm I didn't love either of those ISOs on a quick glance, but they also have set themselves apart from one another in the thread. It is not in my nature to seek out partnerships at this stage of the game, but the way those two have engaged overall has the feel of two players who want there to be distance between them.

RE: drago and rej
Same here.
Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 9:57 pm I have never played with Rej. I am less inclined to vote for him because I don't really know what to expect when I look at his posts. I would like him to answer some things if he's alive tomorrow.
Rut roh.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:53 pm I take some responsibility for the Drago lynch, but I reject the idea that his lynch came out of nowhere. With about 45 minutes left in the phase I was unsatisfied with the trains that existed in the thread. There were a few names that I had seen mentioned in conversations, of players who had at least a vote or two on them at the time, but who weren’t being discussed seriously at that moment. So I went back to take a closer look at them. I was unsatisfied with both Drago’s ISO and Rej’s. I voted for Drago. At the time that made it 5 to 3, I think.

If I survive the night, I’d like to follow up on Rej. I think it’s also worth looking into the votes that came in near the end of the deadline. The Dom wagon seemed dead for most of the time that I was here, but no one was moving off of it.
Drago is lynched and Sloonei says he will follow up on Rej if he survives the night.

Okay.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:14 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:11 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:09 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:07 pm Im curious when sloon dropped the DDL sus
It was never much of a suspicion, but he became a slight town read when I ISO’d Rej(?) and saw a nice case by DDL in there.
So why didn't you vote rej?
Because Drago was also an option and I’m less familiar with Rej so I did not feel as comfortable voting for him. I’ve never played with Rej before.
Just parrots his earlier self.
Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:13 pm [VOTE: rej] aubergine

Tell me who I should vote for instead of you.
Sloonei tends to throw his vote around a lot. This also does nothing to progress my Sloonei read.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:21 pm
Rej wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:16 pm I will deliver a multilayered defense and this will be my first part of it.
First of all I am aware that I am getting lynched for odds again, for this I again want to explain why I had my vote on Drago without rly creating a mislynch, as creating a mislynch in anyway on that wagon is NAI.

Since Drago voted me and whatever negative feeling it caused in me, I wanted to go after it and dig for it.
Just look at Drago's ISO and then look at post #568 , whatever I stated about Drago was true and in the end he didn't play like a civ, sorry to say that.
I didn't change my vote for the sake of not creating a wonky case on someone.

So while skimming and paying attention on stuff related to me I saw argumentation like "he was voted by Drago and last time Drago did it Rej was scum". Bullshit, since neither Drago's posts nor his attitude inclined anything about him having leads to me. It was clearly investigation through FoSing and interaction and due to odds I am a comfortable target.

I think most people voting me are concerned townies due to misinterpretation and given odds. If I get lynched then I am fine with it, but at this point I won't give up even if I try to convince each of my voters individually.

This just the first layer of my defense. And yes I will hand out reads while doing so because I don't want to fall back in the game so be patient with me, the DP is still 48 hrs I guess.
I don’t care about any of this. I want reads.
Some hostility and dismissiveness.

At this point, I think Rej was being voted for 3-4 players cause I was one of them.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:48 pm took my vote off rej since he's got enough attention on him as is.
Ooph.

That’s the second time Sloonei decides to not vote Rej for very questionable reasons.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:09 pm Speaking of Rej, I asked him for reads and he supplied some but I haven't responded. So:
Rej wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:42 pm ayayyy

First the ISO to my voters:

DDL: Has a misinterpretation of things against me. Doesn't like me for reasons. Tho I agree with him on the points against boo. Boo voted Drago off with uss and then he tried to sell us a Zemmi lynch possibility. His vote on boo was well placed, seems town.
Oh and yes Dragon D. Luffy I am a noob, what attracts me in mafia are mechanics and setups and roles, I just admire the mindgaming in the DPs and I can't reach that level yet.
A town read on DDL which also includes a scum read on boo. If I am following correctly, Rej, you town read DDL because of his vote for boo? Why is that? Why do you suspect boo, and do you care that DDL has since changed his read on boo?
Speedchuck: Also went for Creature like DDL early DP1, often civillian behaviour to clear out a person's alignment or stance. Can't find scummy posts in his ISO. Also what does he have against weasleness? Weasles are cute animals. I want one as pet dafuck
You say you can't find any scummy posts in his ISO. Do you see any townie posts? You seem to suggest that his early behavior toward DDL and creature was a good look. Why?
Jack: Normal entrance, didn't went for creature, sheeped a vote on me which I rly don't like, until I was thematized more. Gave fuel to my wagon basically which I don't apreciate. Between the posts you can often find WIFOM... #422 I didn't like the "blah blah statement"
I see a dimension where jack and boo interactions could be W/V or W/W interactions. Deserves its own reanalysis.
#1007 lmao, is this throw off something a civ would say? and if yes why? Jackofhearts2005
less townlean on Jack, but I don't think scum would recklessly jump on my wagon at this point?
All of this is negative until that final point at the end, where you seem to walk it back a bit. Then you vote for Jack anyway. What? I'm also not totally clear on what you don't like about Jack's posts. You suggest that "WIFOM" is part of the problem, but I don't follow what exactly you mean or are referring to.
TSP: Interesting ISO, he likes using the term W/W and this implies that he is explicitly scumhunting and he is flexible about it. Could be to create chaos or to find early leaking scum. Slightly more civ lean in the entrance. Suspecting Sloonei, then moving votes from nutella to me, + lecturing boo, since then his votes didnt change. Interesting that he did not interact with the Dom and Dragomir wagons. Were they civ caused autorunner?
50/50 on TSP depending on his bigger sheme.
This is all a big shrug, and the word "interesting" appears twice without judgments being made. :ponder: Gun to your head, is Tony town or scum?
Sloonei: Targets DDL, a justified target to inquisition, flips later to Boo. alot of meta talks in their posts which I cant dissect. Questioning both wagons alot is giving Sloo civ points. #653 the "shrug vote post" was kinda cute and innocent. Another townlean.
#683 @Sloonei I think we played together before? or did you host for me? there was something before that is not accurate...
and I missed answering your question, I answered because I wanted to speed up forcing an interaction, since I am mre like a peek a boo player. lmao
And yes me and Drago are compatible as scum partners, we won games together, one or two no remembering.
Sloonei asks justified questions further on, I know zero about their meta at that point, feels like dissecting a complete stranger and it's interesting.
Sloo vs nut? deserves its own post.
Yes hello, that's me. Asking questions is my shtick, especially early on and when I don't know players. As you can probably tell right now. It's just how I work through things in the game. I like to know how people are interpreting the game.
I may have hosted a game that you played before. Sockville, maybe? Anyway, you suggest that you're interested in my interactions with nutella. Why? What's your read on those exchanges?
I am tired as fuck I will place votes now
one will be boo the other will be Jack, I am ready to move my votes to TSP for the sake of seeing where it leads with my reeks or nutella because there is also something going on.

Will keep other ISOs for tomorrow.

Good Night
[VOTE: boo] aubergine
[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
Why did you choose to focus on the people who were voting for you? What don't you like about boo?
Lots of questions. This interaction exists but it doesn’t do much for me. There’s no push or defense.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:40 pm I should not spend a lot of time playing mafia today, but i’m also leading in a double lynch poll and have been the entire time. That’s obnoxious, especially when only two of the voters have expressed a reason to vote for me.

Colin looks bad. Tony looks uninspiring. Rej made one reads post and dipped. Let’s look at people who might actually deserve to be lynched today.
RuLe Of ThReE :smoky:

I’m half serious.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 2:25 pm I’m not totally clear on why rej has all those votes. That’s not me saying he’s a town read, and obviously I voted for him as well earlier. But I was looking for him to give reads. I’m unclear on why the rest of the votes exist.
Hesitant defense. Doesn’t want to look like he’s defending Rej. Bad look.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:39 pm I will switch to rej if it means guaranteeing my survival. But colin is my top choice today.
More Rej defense. Keep in mind Sloonei is not just very hesitant to vote for Rej. He has expressed no townread on Rej.

What do we call players who defend wolves they don’t townread?

Wolves. :mafia:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:30 pm Why didn't i vote Colin and save rej if I hadn't mentioned him much like u said? Do you sincerely think I'd vote to lynch rej when I had other options?
Gee, Jack. Is bussing ever a thing?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:30 pm Why didn't i vote Colin and save rej if I hadn't mentioned him much like u said? Do you sincerely think I'd vote to lynch rej when I had other options?
That would be a really nice bus. Maybe Rej said in scumchat "just bus me guys, I think I'm a goner." :shrug:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dammit I'm lame tonight.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:58 pm
Gee, Jack. Is bussing ever a thing?
No. In no world does mafia who have no reason to vote for a teammate choose to lynch them day 2 when they could have secured 2 townie lynched instead.

Speedchuck doesn't get that same treatment because he was an early vote and didn't come back for the rest of eod. Plus, he'd already dug a hole into rej, moving would have been suspucious. I'd give it to sig, tho. I'd have to check when DDL voted and if he was around eod and if his post history allows him to move.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Bussing like that is damnright antitown in my case. Sure, wifom *rolls eyes*, but think about the sort of player I am (not an emotional appeal, a logical one). I am a numbers person. Logically, I choose Colin over rej. No way do I ensure rej can't survive when we could get rid of 3 townies. That's just dumb play and arguably I am not dumb.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

If there's scum on rej, I'd say it's between speedchuck and DDL.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:44 pm
why?

What do you mean by the orange part? What I think you mean is that sloonei is bad, and you should be townleaned for sticking on him instead of going for the easy LC fruit. It's good logic, except that we don't know that sloonei is bad... do YOU know that he's bad? That's how I understand the logic there.
Uh, no?? Do people not read full exchanges?

Jack said my sloonei scumREAD spontaneously appeared. I said it wasn't spontaneous; I had other options (easier to follow if I was scum). Thus, unlike Jack's false accusation, my read and vote were calculated, as was my vote.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

If you are town, as I strangely suspect, you're gonna absolve your right to ever claim u can read me and in fact ever claim I give garbage reads cos urs are more garbo ;)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Oh fuck, here i was thinking day ends today.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:48 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 8:44 pm
why?

Uh, no?? Do people not read full exchanges?

Jack said my sloonei scumREAD spontaneously appeared. I said it wasn't spontaneous; I had other options (easier to follow if I was scum). Thus, unlike Jack's false accusation, my read and vote were calculated, as was my vote.
The implication was not that your votes weren’t calculated but that your scumreads developed only when other people made it so those players were going to be lynched with or without you.

That (along with your pretty damn selective self quoting on your Rej progression) is why you aren’t getting any cred for voting Rej and won’t get any credit for lynching Sloonei, assuming he flips wolf.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:40 pm If there's scum on rej, I'd say it's between speedchuck and DDL.
Why?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Again that's a load of BS. I put Sloonei in the lead. I localized his lynch. I could have done that for LC easily.

Rej posts wasn't selective. I quickly did ctrl f and saw twice where I did accuse him. I didn't even see my vote call and thought shit, I must have not called it so thx for finding it and sorry I don't have time to go through isos.

Anyway i don't want your credit. You're wasting my time I could be having fun or sleeping :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Vocalized not localized.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:09 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:40 pm If there's scum on rej, I'd say it's between speedchuck and DDL.
Why?
I am too pissed off to reply to you today. That is a combination of me being hungry and tired and feeling like arguing with someone I think is town is dumb. Maybe tomorrow. Gj the only notable thing you've done this game is tick me off ;)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

I'm sorry, that was bitchy and I'm not a bitch usually. I am tired though, so pls forgive me. I'll try to better address concerns about me tomorrow.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:17 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:09 pm
Why?
I am too pissed off to reply to you today. That is a combination of me being hungry and tired and feeling like arguing with someone I think is town is dumb. Maybe tomorrow. Gj the only notable thing you've done this game is tick me off ;)
Trying to demoralize the town is wolfy.

Nighty night. ;)
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 177

Post by speedchuck »

wow lol
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:36 pm Bussing like that is damnright antitown in my case.
But... don't you WANT to be antitown if you're bussing? :p
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]dunya[/mention]

:hug:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I specifically asked not to be lynched. This is dumb. I can’t even play today. Meh.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 pm I specifically asked not to be lynched. This is dumb. I can’t even play today. Meh.
There's nothing new to respond to. This is yesterday's lynch without Colin. It's you or me again, and I think the general perception is that there's more information to be had from your lynch. I mean, besides the suspicion of you.

I've been lynched so many times when I wasn't able to be there, and the whole thread knew it. I don't have any sympathy for your schedule, sorry.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:28 pm I specifically asked not to be lynched. This is dumb. I can’t even play today. Meh.
Can you play tomorrow? (IRL tomorrow, not in-game tomorrow)
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

I empathize but also you should’ve been killed yesterday and since when is “I asked not to be killed” an actual reason not to kill someone
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Lol I wasn’t trying to win any sympathy unvotes or say I shouldn’t be lynched. Just lamenting my own schedule preventing me form doing what’s necessary to figure this out before I go down.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:56 am Lol I wasn’t trying to win any sympathy unvotes or say I shouldn’t be lynched. Just lamenting my own schedule preventing me form doing what’s necessary to figure this out before I go down.

Do your best!
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I feel for Sloonie, personally still think LC looks worse then he does. However, I do think we'll get alot of info off of a sloonie lynch.

For DDL earlier question, I have a slight town read of dunya, but I see where you're coming from. She's been more of a background player and if push comes to shove and we run out of scummy people to lynch she'd be the first of my town circle to go, since she's most likely mafia out of it.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:56 am Lol I wasn’t trying to win any sympathy unvotes or say I shouldn’t be lynched. Just lamenting my own schedule preventing me form doing what’s necessary to figure this out before I go down.
I don't like this emotional appeal though.

He's been on the chopping block for a couple days, it isn't like this lynch just appeared?
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

You could have had a mercifully swift death, dear slooneiboi, but we had to drag it out. Apologies for the inconvenience :shifty:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine like it's a big surprise.

Return to “Previous Jobs”