The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by Long Con »

Creature wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:59 pm Who should I vote? Sell me
Creature wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 pm Creature yeah vote sloonei he is covered in fur
Yep thought that

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
Creature wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:06 pm
Creature wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:50 pm Creature yeah vote sloonei he is covered in fur
Yep thought that

Why?
I'm failing to townread you
That's the extent of your Sloonei talk on Day 2. You weren't even present for more than half the day.

Halfway through Day 3:
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:32 am [VOTE: SlooneiTunes] aubergine
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:51 am A Sloonei lynch is just right on the corner if anyone is bothered to lynch wolf
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:18 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:12 pm Why are you so scummy creature, can you not

There are better fish to fry today
Who are the better fish to fry? I'm not one and Sloonei I'm already voting
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:30 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:18 pm Sloonei posts a big thingie and aside from DDL, “good look for X” and “not a great look for Y” appear to be slapped on to interactions at random.

Not a good look for Sloonei. :kadaj:
I do that quite a lot for aesthetic.
Creature wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:54 pm Weird take is JJJ can be town for replacing out

Sloonei is just...doing things idk if should be counted as exclusively town
You park your vote on him for a while and then switch to Colin before settling on Long Con in the final hour of the day. You said nothing very strong against Sloonei at all.

After Colin was lynched:
Creature wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:00 am Meh

Tomorrow I'm voteparking Long Con
:rolleyes:

DDL, I know you said that everyone has been an instrumental vote in a baddie lynch - which one was Creature?

Creature's claims to townishness: he posted a bunch of times in a row :rolleyes: , and he hounded Sloonei (like a blind newborn hound maybe?). I see nothing there to say Creature isn't bad.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: The Wire Mafia [Day 5]

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sig refrained from calling his vote again, but for registering's sake, it was made at some point after speed voted for him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Crazy for creature to say he pushed for a sloonei lynch but then votes for sloon's main competition in a close lynch Day 3. I could vote for creature for sure.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Like I could vote for him right now
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

He pushed for my lynch a great deal more than Sloonei's... he has many more posts about me. I'm happy to vote him. [VOTE: creature] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:53 pm DDL, I know you said that everyone has been an instrumental vote in a baddie lynch - which one was Creature?

Creature's claims to townishness: he posted a bunch of times in a row :rolleyes: , and he hounded Sloonei (like a blind newborn hound maybe?). I see nothing there to say Creature isn't bad.
No, he wasn't. I wasn't describing it accurately enough.

Creature made a move that risked getting two of his teammates lynched at some point.

That's when he came in Day 2, when the poll looked like this:

Rej 5
sloon 3
Boo 3
Zemmi 2

Made a single vote on Sloonei and never came back.

If he is mafia he seriously risked his teammates' wellbeing. That is, assuming he was even aware the game had a double lynch, since his single vote suggests he wasn't. And of course, it wasn't towards the end of the phase, so it weighs less than if it was. He could have made it thinking of coming back later to change it, or assuming his teammates would pick up the slack and build another wagon.

This still doesn't put Creature at the top of my rainbow, because everyone did something like that or better. But it's enough for me not to immediately comdemn him.

But you are right that his Day 3 sucks vote-wise, and I could move my vote there.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well the same thing that I said about Sig can be said about Creature. His big moment of boldness (if he's bad) happened when all mafia were alive. After one mafia was killed, Creature's vote quality dipped.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 217

Post by Creature »

Whatever

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Though Speed's problem is more of an active one. He started the TSP wagon that saved Sloonei on Day 2. He started the Colin wagon that saved Sloonei on Day 3. And after changing to Soloonei, he changed back to Colin when it looked like Sloonei would be lynched.

You could say Sig, Speed and Creature are all people with great D2s who lost their fangs after Rej died.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:18 pm Well the same thing that I said about Sig can be said about Creature. His big moment of boldness (if he's bad) happened when all mafia were alive. After one mafia was killed, Creature's vote quality dipped.
I dipped on every game I was playing
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Me becoming more inactive doesn't mean shit at all
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:21 pm Me becoming more inactive doesn't mean shit at all
Not the post count, the actual votes. You helped lynch mafia D2. You helped lynch town D3.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Your most active posting time actually happened D3, but that's when your votes went the most against the town.

If you're bad, the theory is that you shat the bed on Day 2 then made up on Day 3 by helping Sloonei survive.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 177

Post by speedchuck »

thoughtspew:

I'm a little worried about how Sig hasn't been engaging people in thread today. He's sort of laying low.

Stuff like this:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:15 am @sig

Either you missed the question or I missed the answer.

Can you walk me through your progression on Sloonei and LC?

You said earlier today that you suspected them both but from your iso, it seems like you didn't suspect Sloonei until you voted him and you asked Sloonei not to vote for LC, which implies you didn't suspect him either.

I'm finding your TH cases makes me trust TH more because I don't trust you. :mafia:
Sig hasn't responded still.
That and his doubling down (thanks LC) on how he definitely doesn't know what bussing is rub me the wrong way. Like, even if that post was a mistake, he could have either been confused or corrected the mistake. Instead he made a post that concatenated tunneling/bussing together not once, but twice, just to get the point across. Similar to the reasons I suspected Rej, the post seems built just to reassure without acknowledging the questions asked.

I'm also a little worried about how quickly this creature thing came up, but I don't have grounds to oppose it other than his D2 vote. And Jack's metaread, but meta is trash. I have more against Sig, but could see creature scum.

Tinfoil: I'm worried about how DDL pulled a Syndrome ("If everyone is bussing... no one is") and how most of his posts seem focused on opening up the suspect POE pool as much as he can. Like the post above. "Well, I gave you legitimate reason as to why it's not creature, and here it is in detail... but it could totally be creature. Everyone is a suspect!"
He's not wrong, but it's getting me paranoid that he's trying to keep the pool big enough to close out.

lots of linki: Actually might be a little better on DDL. I'm seeing him put forward a somehwhat narrower pool.
SIGNATURE:
Spoiler: show
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:23 pm Your most active posting time actually happened D3, but that's when your votes went the most against the town.

If you're bad, the theory is that you shat the bed on Day 2 then made up on Day 3 by helping Sloonei survive.
Actually I opposed the Colin wagon D3

Yes, I misvoted a lot, but that doesn't matter because I tend to vote quite a lot to test wagons
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:27 pm thoughtspew:

I'm a little worried about how Sig hasn't been engaging people in thread today. He's sort of laying low.

Stuff like this:

You said earlier today that you suspected them both but from your iso, it seems like you didn't suspect Sloonei until you voted him and you asked Sloonei not to vote for LC, which implies you didn't suspect him either.

I'm finding your TH cases makes me trust TH more because I don't trust you. :mafia:
That and his doubling down (thanks LC) on how he definitely doesn't know what bussing is rub me the wrong way. Like, even if that post was a mistake, he could have either been confused or corrected the mistake. Instead he made a post that concatenated tunneling/bussing together not once, but twice, just to get the point across. Similar to the reasons I suspected Rej, the post seems built just to reassure without acknowledging the questions asked.

I'm also a little worried about how quickly this creature thing came up, but I don't have grounds to oppose it other than his D2 vote. And Jack's metaread, but meta is trash. I have more against Sig, but could see creature scum.

Tinfoil: I'm worried about how DDL pulled a Syndrome ("If everyone is bussing... no one is") and how most of his posts seem focused on opening up the suspect POE pool as much as he can. Like the post above. "Well, I gave you legitimate reason as to why it's not creature, and here it is in detail... but it could totally be creature. Everyone is a suspect!"
He's not wrong, but it's getting me paranoid that he's trying to keep the pool big enough to close out.

lots of linki: Actually might be a little better on DDL. I'm seeing him put forward a somehwhat narrower pool.
The main point of my analysis was to reposition myself in this game because I was feeling lost ever since Rej got lynched.

I also wanted to see if any of my previous conceptions still held up. If everyone bussed, we need to actually decide which cases of bussing are indicative of towniness or not. You are one person I was forced to look at again because of that.

I came to a poe of 4 people, which is not great but is better than the state of absolute confusion I was in before then.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:31 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:23 pm Your most active posting time actually happened D3, but that's when your votes went the most against the town.

Yes, I misvoted a lot, but that doesn't matter because I tend to vote quite a lot to test wagons
And helped the LC wagon, which was going strong until the very end.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Yes, not sure how that's antitown considering we were lynching another town.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:36 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:35 pm

Yes, not sure how that's antitown considering we were lynching another town.
We don't know if LC is good or bad, true. But if he is good, you being in the LC wagon instead of the Sloon wagon means you increased mafia's survival chances.

Though if we knew LC was bad, I'd take you off my PoE, probably.

I'm not saying Day 3 damns you, I'm just considering the possible scenario where you're bad despite fucking with your teammates on Day 2.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

On Day 1, speed's first mention of Rej was here:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:28 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:25 pm
Ok here it goes. It was this post sequence.
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:51 am
sig wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:08 pm
Rej wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:53 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:21 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:57 pm Considering 17 players usually means 4 mafia in a town v mafia singleball but also considering this site is weird, I'd say 3 mafia with chances of a handful of third parties
I could see that, I don't recall ever playing a Nova game though which does make it a bit more murky.

I'd say 3-4 mafia and two third parties probably with survivorish roles, I don't think the game could support a SK given how small it is and there being role reveals. It's also possible one of the third parties is a mechanism against role claiming, if they're not I'd be wary of the mafia having a role that could punish a player for revealing info/claiming.
the way you imply he third parties being survivorish is worrying me
I note it down

It's an obvious assumption to make given the player pool. :shrug:
1.5 years mafia experience, and I havent ever seen someone comming D0 implying that third parties might be survivorish. Lmao, this is scummy af and I dont know how else to judge this random wild assumption.

I just think that you could be harmful (possible third) who tries to downplay the scum/thirds in general in this game.

Thats why I said noteworthy.
Case on Sig based on him thinking there is a survivor in the setup is BS.

Granted he said "worrying" which does not necessarily mean an actual suspicion.

But the fact I can't know for sure whether this is an actual suspicion is also "worrying".
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:57 am I just came here and D0 ended with nothing.
It is okay I feel we have enough to force interactions and opinions.
Remember when I doubted Creature for his pessimism? This guy is parroting Creature's pessimism.

Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:59 am
nutella wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:27 am
Dom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:04 am
nutella wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:14 pm Lol creature is town
[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
Eh?
Dom probably suspects you of basing your town gutread on Creature on TMI. (My first guess).
This attempt of interpreting why Dom voted for someone else strikes me as a tentative bandwagoning on the person Dom voted for.
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:59 am I also give Creature a townread, but he set his vote and he was quite engageful. Tho my read on him bases on post-voting.

Why did you give him a towncard?
I don't understand why his opinion on Creature seems to flip around three times in the same post and I don't like it.
I like this case but the first of the points feel weak
But he voted for Mac. Rej did not have any votes at that time.

Later on both me and Jack voted Rej, but then we both left the wagon.

Then later speed showed up with this case:
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 pm
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:53 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 am Well in that case, there's not really much for me to do. Could explain my read on Rej or Mac maybe. But...nah.
wow you really give zero fucks this game, you must be a civ, you would never fuck up your mafia brethern like that? playing this jaded?

did anything else in this DP caught your attention? I haven't seen many reads about Mac. He just seems to carry some energy with him, energy I haven't seen in much of his D0/D1 plays.
Is the first half of this post a sarcasm? Because it seems like one to me.
tbh I am 50/50, it's true that Dragos overall behaviour in mafia changed, from game to game he gives less a fuck, that is reasonable if you busy yourself with other things, but still a mafia drago wouldn't make himself such an easy target I feel, tho town drago tends to do help town in any kind of form
Those two fifties have completely opposite meanings

[VOTE: Rej] aubergine
He then pushed Rej a lot, telling people like Boo and TSP to vote for him, but nobody followed him.

On Day 2 he started with this:
speedchuck wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:19 am [VOTE: Rej and Jack] aubergine

I'm going to bed. Tomorrow will finally be a free day for me.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:16 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:21 am i'm not sure i understand the "rej" case. is it a case of if dom and drago were both town, the third most talked about person was rej so he must have been bad? i mean it's not a terrible case, but is that the extent of it or is there more?
I originally voted Rej because of his weaselly language when asked a direct question. And I haven't really been here since.
Then after making a couple post shading TSP, he did this:
speedchuck wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:42 pm [unvote]Jack[VOTE: [TSP]] aubergine

I'm still leery on Jack for some reason. I've been trying to read him like he's alternate-universe me, and I probably need to stop doing that.
He never looked away from Rej, though. If Speed is bad he was here to sack a teammate:
speedchuck wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 4:31 pm
Rej wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:16 pm I will deliver a multilayered defense and this will be my first part of it.
I zoned out while reading this post. No more layers please.

I'm only lynching you because you had weasely wording and didn't take a stance on anything you said. You took a sarcastic statement of yours and tried to boil it down to an 'Interesting', which made no sense.

Step out and find someone who has done something worse if you want to do something. Trying to make your post look (artificially) more pleasing is what got you into this, after all.
Though his TSP wagon did help save Sloon. But aside from Sig nobody had a perfect double scum vote anyway (from what we currently know).

Day 3 he votes for Sloonei as soon as the day starts. Unexplained, though.
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 12:51 am [VOTE: Sloonbeard] aubergine
There is also this gem:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:49 pm If sloon is scum, his teammates are in Dunya, Colin, Jack, and Sig. That's what the readlist quoted above tells me.
If speed flips scum I might lynch Sig next.

Then comes this ~interesting~ exchange:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:50 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:48 pm =,= I'm being ignored. someone talk to me.
Hi speed I think you look very good in your relationship wit rej.
If we assume that I am town, who would you be voting for?
That's actually a tough question.
Hm.

Probably Colin, unless something's changed in the 36 hours I haven't been in game. Colin is usually a presence, and he's like a void in my head right now.

I might jump there anyway. I don't like that there are no big voices on the Sloon train. Makes it feel weird.
And he jumps off:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:35 pm
dunya wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:25 pm are you coming off sloonei, speedchuck? i thought you said you were.
Baby interrupted me. Trying to get her to sleep.

I am. I will when I figure out where I want to go.

Need to read the LC case, then choose that or Colin I think
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:37 pm I'll just vote colin for now and see about LC when the baby quits making it imposiblw
But then Jack came with a killer post against Sloonei, and Speed sheeped on it:
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:07 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:02 pm At the buzzer, votes are

Colin 5 - Jack, Boo, Sloonei, Tony, Nanook
Rej 5 - DDL, Jack, Sig, Dunya, Speed
Sloonei 5 - LC, Creature, Nanook, Sig, Nutella
Tony 6 - Rej, Dunya, Sloonei, Speed, Dunya, DDL

And Colin votes Rej. He chose to take Rej from 33% chance to lynch to 100% chance to lynch and himself and Sloonei from 33% to 0%.

If Colin is a wolf, the only reason he votes Rej is because Sloonei is also a wolf. Otherwise, he’d lynch good townie Sloonei over himself and good role partner Rej. A bus on Rej earns him no cred.

So under the idea that Rej is probably teamed with Sloonei and/or Colin and under the idea that Colin can only be a wolf if Colin and Sloonei are both wolves, Sloonei should go first.

If Sloonei flips wolf, we get a wolf and we reevaluate Colin with the knowledge that everything Sloonei said cane from a wolf. If Sloonei flips town, we know all his reads were real and we confirm mislynch bait Colin.

Ooh, spicy.
Voting Sloonei after this post.

But that impetus didn't last long.
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:44 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:38 pm
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:36 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 10:36 pm Hello, is anything important happening or can I check out again?
We're trying to figure out who to lynch and there are 1.5 hours left to pick.

Pretty important.
It's only important if we're wavering off Sloonei, and he seems to be in the lead still, so. Looks like we're good there to me
What if I told you that we ARE wavering off sloonei?
speedchuck wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:23 pm [VOTE: Colin] aubergine
Colin died, and Sloonei was saved.

Then Day 4 he came when the score was Sloonei 4-3 LC and buried Sloonei:
speedchuck wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:59 pm [VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
That's speed history for ya.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:27 pm thoughtspew:

Stuff like this:

I'm fairly certain I've answered Jack on this.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 4:56 pm Sig refrained from calling his vote again, but for registering's sake, it was made at some point after speed voted for him.
I'm trash :ninja:

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:20 pm Whatever

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine
Not a fan of this.
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Thanks for the speedy catch-up. :P

My jumping off Sloonei was clearly a mistake, and I can detail why I did so if it helps. Probably won't, though. It comes down to doubt, Sloonei being a big lynch, and my being a sucker for people who townread me. :[
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:05 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:27 pm I'm a little worried about how Sig hasn't been engaging people in thread today. He's sort of laying low.

Stuff like this:

My bad if you have. The only response I saw after this was the weird bussing/tunneling thing.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

bussing = going after fellow mafia member
tunneling = being obsessed with them.

But if people don't think LC is mafia how could I then be bussing him in people's mind?

I meant tunneling the fact this appears to be a sticking point for speed is just odd to me, especially since I said it about LC not someone who's a mafia member?

I did have a duh moment their and did confuse the two, but my main argument here is I don't see how anyone could say it's a slip when nobody seems to scum read LC. And if people think it's a scum move then it would make more sense to lynch LC (Something I'm still not against) and see how he flips?

Unless I'm still wrong on what bussing is.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Correction: when speed voted for Rej on Day 1, he had one vote, from dragomir. Hard to remember since drago did not call it.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:08 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:05 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:27 pm I'm a little worried about how Sig hasn't been engaging people in thread today. He's sort of laying low.

Stuff like this:

My bad if you have. The only response I saw after this was the weird bussing/tunneling thing.
Basically I was suspicious of Sloonie, since his name kept getting brough up and based off my tin foil theory of us having two mafia D2, which was right. However, I suspected LC more mainly based off of NKA and the fact he wasn't pinging me. The last few games I've played with LC he's pinged me like crazy and in every game he was a civ, so since he wasn't doing that this game made me think he was mafia.

There were a few other things about his posts that pinged me, but can't really remember them atm.

Sloonie was always more of a shrug mafia read for me, I had a gut negative read of him earlier then LC, hence D2, but would've rather have pursued LC.

I did make a joke about how Sloonie shouldn't be on the LC wagon with me, since it would make me look bad if Sloonie flipped mafia, but that was just me messing around.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DDL is obsessed with this whole vote calling thing.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sig wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:14 pm DDL is obsessed with this whole vote calling thing.
Yes, it kind of matters whether you were the first vote on someone, or the fourth.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

sig wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:09 pm bussing = going after fellow mafia member
tunneling = being obsessed with them.

But if people don't think LC is mafia how could I then be bussing him in people's mind?

I meant tunneling the fact this appears to be a sticking point for speed is just odd to me, especially since I said it about LC not someone who's a mafia member?

I did have a duh moment their and did confuse the two, but my main argument here is I don't see how anyone could say it's a slip when nobody seems to scum read LC. And if people think it's a scum move then it would make more sense to lynch LC (Something I'm still not against) and see how he flips?

Unless I'm still wrong on what bussing is.
I was confused because YOU used the word 'bussing', which is something, as you said, that only a mafia can do to another mafia. Then instead of saying "I did have a duh moment their and did confuse the two" you made a whole post about the busing/tunneling where you equated the two, 'doubling down' on your duh moment.

This would seem scummy if it was engineered to make you look better or more genuine (like Rej's sarcasm/not sarcasm post), but the more I think about it, the more confusing that angle gets.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Here's my head space

Scum reads
Speed/Creature
Scum lean
LC
Tinfoil mafia
Nanook
Civ lean
Jack
Civs
DDL/TH

The only major shift here is I've decided TH is probably a civ.
Nanook is only mafia if we think he'd bus Sloonie to death, granted I think it's unlikely so its my tinfoil read.
LC I've talked about this a fair amount, nobody else who's living sees this so whatever.

Speed or Creature, so DDL made some good points about Creatures D2/3 stuff, but more importantly he's been very lurky recently. Which I dislike alot, especially considering whom the last kill was. Dunya's death has been bothering me for awhile, I don't think at that point she was a solid town read for any active player so it wouldn't have made as much sense for Speed to kill her as say someone who isn't keeping track of the game as much.
I also see the case on Speed, so really I'd be fine with either I think, assuming one mafia left, we'll find the last wolf among those two.

If we have two wolves then the other is hands down LC
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

A caveat on my last post, I'm really liking SPeeds posts right now compared to Creature, but I'm also not amazing at reading near death scum this game, since I thought sloonie was being hella genuine and wasn't mafia with his last post.
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Well, let's hope it's just one left then.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Again, me being lurky shouldn't mean shit because I was lurky in every single game I played recently because of non-mafia related stuff.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

And I don't invent real life excuses.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sig wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:22 pm A caveat on my last post, I'm really liking SPeeds posts right now compared to Creature, but I'm also not amazing at reading near death scum this game, since I thought sloonie was being hella genuine and wasn't mafia with his last post.
I also felt his last post felt genuine. I believe I commented on it... I'm glad I took into account that Sloon is really good at it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah I'm starting to doubt my read of speed now. Didn't expect him to jump in with substantial content at this point if he's bad.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:23 pm Again, me being lurky shouldn't mean shit because I was lurky in every single game I played recently because of non-mafia related stuff.
So it's not so much that you aren't posting, but actions that have been done can be explained by someone who wasn't around. If that makes sense?

Chiefly the dunya kill, now trying to glen info from NK can be tricky, but it's an odd one. Also I think your D2/3 actions, which have nothing to do with activity was sketchy,
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[VOTE: Creature] aubergine
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sig wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:30 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:23 pm Again, me being lurky shouldn't mean shit because I was lurky in every single game I played recently because of non-mafia related stuff.
So it's not so much that you aren't posting, but actions that have been done can be explained by someone who wasn't around. If that makes sense?

Chiefly the dunya kill, now trying to glen info from NK can be tricky, but it's an odd one. Also I think your D2/3 actions, which have nothing to do with activity was sketchy,
If we're gonna talk about kills, dunya was townreading me and posed no threat to me if I am scum
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:27 pm Yeah I'm starting to doubt my read of speed now. Didn't expect him to jump in with substantial content at this point if he's bad.
"oh no he posted something fakeable"
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

:ponder:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

As for Sig,

Day 1 he had this weird-ass argument with Rej about the setup.
sig wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am
Rej wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:51 am
sig wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:08 pm
Rej wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:53 pm
sig wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:21 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:57 pm Considering 17 players usually means 4 mafia in a town v mafia singleball but also considering this site is weird, I'd say 3 mafia with chances of a handful of third parties
I could see that, I don't recall ever playing a Nova game though which does make it a bit more murky.

I'd say 3-4 mafia and two third parties probably with survivorish roles, I don't think the game could support a SK given how small it is and there being role reveals. It's also possible one of the third parties is a mechanism against role claiming, if they're not I'd be wary of the mafia having a role that could punish a player for revealing info/claiming.
the way you imply he third parties being survivorish is worrying me
I note it down
Oh hey, just found a vote on Rej. Hadn't noticed it because Sig seems to be allergic to aubergines.
sig wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 pm Throwing a vote on Rej while I attempt to reread some things, including the current wagons and Dunya's DDL thing. Like i just said I remember disliking something about Rej. There was also the D0 alarming comment about me which in hindsight I don't like.

speedchuck Why Rej?
At this moment the score is:

Dom 3
Dragomir 2
Sloonei 2
Rej 1
Others 1

But he 3 minutes later he does this:
sig wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 pm I forgot about you :shrug:

Also Nanook literally has no on topic posts, his vote for Dunya is yadayada and besides that it's just messing around so imma switch to him.

linki: Are you reading my mind?

It's an obvious assumption to make given the player pool. :shrug:
1.5 years mafia experience, and I havent ever seen someone comming D0 implying that third parties might be survivorish. Lmao, this is scummy af and I dont know how else to judge this random wild assumption.

I just think that you could be harmful (possible third) who tries to downplay the scum/thirds in general in this game.

Thats why I said noteworthy.
Gonna play the culture card here, I like to try to distinguish third party, no point in hunting survivors SKs you should go after. Same with Cult.
Then there is this... thing... where he doesn't say anything commital about either Sloon or Rej:
sig wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:57 pm Time for a "player salad" post I guess to summarize some of my thoughts.

Dunya's posts are meh, while I do see what she's saying re DDL i'm just having a bad gut reaction. She's acting very different even tone wise from her normal civ playstyle and I don't believe I've ever seen a mafia Dunya.

Nutella, as others have said, isn't being very fence sitting as she normally is. However, it's only day 1 so there isn't alot to go on so I'd rather not lynch her.

I feel what Drag is saying, while I've gotten a few gut/tone reads nothings really popped out yet.
Nanook seems to mainly be getting by on zany posts and a few sprinkles of content, but the issue here is most of that content is based around culture clash/playstyle not game solving. He looks like he's involved, he's present, but not really contributing.

Dom, Mac, and LC have early civ whiffs based off what I've seen would't want to lynch any yet. (If they turn out to be the mafia team I want credit for naming all three in one area though.)

I'm liking Boo and Jacks posts, both seem pretty genuine. I do dislike that Jack switched from his profile again though, preferred the last one.

Sloonie is around doing Sloonie stuff and things, no read there.

I disliked something about DDL and Rej, but can't for the life of me remember what it was, meaning I should review there either today or next phase.

Creature after moaning D0 about lack of participation and how town is gonna loose because of it seems to have been really absent in game solving? Maybe I just missed his posts, but that raised an eyebrow.

So with this text spew of all my random game related thoughts, I guess I'm leaning towards a Dunya or maybe a Nanook/Rej lynch. I'm not really happy with any of the three wagons, but since it's day one and none are me guess i can live with them. Quite literally since I won't get lynched. :p
But then... he voted for Rej! I completely missed this, due to Sig being allergic to aubergines.
sig wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:59 pm Throwing a vote on Rej while I attempt to reread some things, including the current wagons and Dunya's DDL thing. Like i just said I remember disliking something about Rej. There was also the D0 alarming comment about me which in hindsight I don't like.

@speedchuck Why Rej?
Before: this vote was made, the score was

Dom 3
Dragomir 2
Sloonei 2
Rej 2
Others 1

But literally 3 minutes later he changes to nanook.
sig wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 7:02 pm I forgot about you :shrug:

Also Nanook literally has no on topic posts, his vote for Dunya is yadayada and besides that it's just messing around so imma switch to him.

linki: Are you reading my mind?
Day 2 he arrives with this:
sig wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:57 am Im down for a rej lynch not feeling sloonie or boo
And this:
sig wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:53 pm I do agree with Jack re Rej and would be fine with a Rej/Policy or Rej/NKA which I promise is coming.
And THIS:
sig wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:24 pm Caught up a bit will have more thoughts come the night phase voting for rej and sloonie.

I really like the boo case on him and for rej I've been sus on him for awhile.

I'd much rather go with nanook today. But that's not happening so I'm throwing my votes somewhere where Itll do something, bet it'll come back to bite me.
Arguably the most important Sig post in this game. This is where he comes, places his dick on the table and makes the double mafia vote, which could have resulted in an actual double mafia lynch. If this doesn't make Sig look town, nothing will. This is what the poll looks like when Sig makes the vote:

Rej 4
Sloonei 4
Colin 3
Boo 3
Jack 3
TSP 3
Speed 2
Others 1

After Sig votes, both Rej and Sloon are ahead at 5. Sig then puts his dick away and leaves, leaving his teammates to burn if he's mafia.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

But then, he almost ruins that beautiful thing with this
sig wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:48 pm I'd be down for a CFD on nanook.
He actually stays after that though, but he doesn't change his votes. Sig killed Rej in cold blood, and also risked Sloonei's life.

Day 3 and 4 next.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

On Day 3 his Sloonei case kind of fizzles out.
sig wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:23 pm What're the chances that Collin/Sloonie was also mafia?

Here's my thoughts most people had okay reasoning for their votes last phase in a pool of four players with one mafia and one civ, I feel like it wouldn't be impossible to say that another one was mafia. Collin voters seem to have dropped off while Sloonie has retained some.

My major issue isn't that I think Sloonie is that townie, just that he's an asset and has been pretty active and given alot of content. If he's a civ it's a major hit.
He posts a bunch of stuff on a bunch of different people, like this:
sig wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:49 pm Based off of Rej alone: Sloonie, Jack and Speed would be 3 to pursue.

Ignoring Rej: Creature, LC, Speed, and Collins. I don't remember why I voted for him, but since I did I'll throw that down.

Combo of both in order of whom I'd lynch: Creature, Speed, LC then Sloonie.

DDL is probably my tin foil mafia read right now.
Then votes LC and never looks back:
sig wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:52 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

I talked myself into moving my vote here, he seems slightly worse then Speed right now.
Day 4 he doubles down on it, though at this point Sloonei is more or less doomed.
sig wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:11 am [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

I'll do an NKA of boo later, but nothing has changed from yesterday besides the fact that LC was saved at the very last second and a civ was lynched.
[mention]sig[/mention] you still want to lynch LC?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Not gonna ISO Creature because LC already ISO'd Creature for me.

The last name in my PoE is TH but we have 3 people in discussion already and I don't particularly feel it. Maybe tomorrow.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'd still be down to lynch LC, but it isn't as big a desire as previous phases. Like I'd prefer Creature, followed by Speed, then LC.

But if everyone else is down for LC I'll more then happily go with it.

I'll be back soonish gotta go eat.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

sig wrote: Sun Dec 22, 2019 6:48 pm I'd still be down to lynch LC, but it isn't as big a desire as previous phases. Like I'd prefer Creature, followed by Speed, then LC.

But if everyone else is down for LC I'll more then happily go with it.

I'll be back soonish gotta go eat.
I don't wanna lynch LC.

Because, when Sloonei and Rej were leading, after you wounded them both mortally, this was Sloonei's response:
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:02 pm Any takers on Long Con?
He was already voting LC, but he tried to see if he could get people to follow him.

Do you believe that, in such a critical situation, with him AND Rej being lynched, Sloonei would reach for a wagon on a 3rd mafioso?

Later on he switched to TSP, but for a while, he tried to lynch LC.

That, and the fact LC vote parked Sloonei on Days 2, 3 and 4, only changing on Day 3 when people started giving up on Sloonei and he had to save himself.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Well Sig already ISO'd TH's votes so I'll just consider the work done.

He voted everywhere, then voted Sloonei "to save con", then voted Sloon again at start of D4.

Looks a little good, not much good, compared to the Jacks and Nanooks.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

If you guys lynch me tonight, and I flip town, dont ly ch lc tomorrow . Or jack, or ddl, or nanook
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Or turbup
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”