Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 2]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:24 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:10 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:38 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:30 pm I mean I don’t particularly think they are, but being wrong on nutes isn’t gonna make me go “oh it must be Juliet then!”
Why not?? If it's not juliets, who the hell is it???

(I know you suspect speed but I don't see that at all. I'm so confident he's town. I know, I said the same thing about MR. But this is actually more substantial than that.)
Why would you being town have any bearing on my juliets read?
My point is POE. Your perceived probability that juliets is scum should go up when you see me flip town.
Sure, in the same way that everyone’s does. I don’t see how juliets specifically should go up more than anyone else.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:05 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:01 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 pm M Plus 7 you actively TR nutes and I actively TR Jules. Can we meet somewhere in the middle?
My vote is absolutely subject to change. If you have spoken to your town read of juliets elsewhere, feel free to point me to it.
Not more than briefly I think, it’s primarily a tone read. She reads exactly the same to me as last time I played with her, in GOC I think it must’ve been. Like she’s hitting all the same townie pings for me.

Tbh it’s also partly a function of who’s pushed on her, specifically chuck and now nutella. Not necessarily because they’re mafia (although I do think it’s nonzero they are), but also because I suspect their reads are fairly inverted this game if town.
These aren't very good reasons lol. She is very good at mimicking the same style as scum fyi. May be worth looking into a scum game of hers (Girl Genius comes to mind). And yeah my reads haven't been great so far in this game but do me a favor and look at the two posts where I assessed her and MR's interactions and just see what you think. They hardly talked about each other at all, and when they did it was quite handwavey and extremely compatible imo.
Just because I hardly talked about MR doesn't mean he is a scum partner. There were other people I had hardly talked about like DDL for example, or Tony, and probably some others. I don't get around to talking about everyone on Day 1. IF it were Day 3 and I hadn't talked about him at all that would be different, then I think it would be fair for you to draw a conclusion. There is nothing I can say in my defense about why MR did not talk about me and it's not fair to try and make me speak to what was in his head.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 385

Post by nutella »

Again, and I concede that there is some bias in this point, I'm also just getting a particular tonal feeling from a lot of your posts especially the ones where you responded to me, that just feels off to me. Like I said I've had a hard time distinguishing your town and scum posting styles in the past, but I do really feel like there is a difference here that I can't quite put my finger on. "Stilted" probably isn't quite the right word but the way you're answering just feels kind of stiff and machinelike, with a tinge of the emotion that I'm used to from you but with a halted quality that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:34 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:30 pm I mean I don’t particularly think they are, but being wrong on nutes isn’t gonna make me go “oh it must be Juliet then!”

(I know you suspect speed but I don't see that at all. I'm so confident he's town. I know, I said the same thing about MR. But this is actually more substantial than that.)
My point is POE. Your perceived probability that juliets is scum should go up when you see me flip town.
Sure, in the same way that everyone’s does. I don’t see how juliets specifically should go up more than anyone else.
Because pretty much everyone else is town ffs
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:34 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:05 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:01 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:58 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:57 pm M Plus 7 you actively TR nutes and I actively TR Jules. Can we meet somewhere in the middle?
My vote is absolutely subject to change. If you have spoken to your town read of juliets elsewhere, feel free to point me to it.
Not more than briefly I think, it’s primarily a tone read. She reads exactly the same to me as last time I played with her, in GOC I think it must’ve been. Like she’s hitting all the same townie pings for me.

Tbh it’s also partly a function of who’s pushed on her, specifically chuck and now nutella. Not necessarily because they’re mafia (although I do think it’s nonzero they are), but also because I suspect their reads are fairly inverted this game if town.
These aren't very good reasons lol. She is very good at mimicking the same style as scum fyi. May be worth looking into a scum game of hers (Girl Genius comes to mind). And yeah my reads haven't been great so far in this game but do me a favor and look at the two posts where I assessed her and MR's interactions and just see what you think. They hardly talked about each other at all, and when they did it was quite handwavey and extremely compatible imo.
Just because I hardly talked about MR doesn't mean he is a scum partner. There were other people I had hardly talked about like DDL for example, or Tony, and probably some others. I don't get around to talking about everyone on Day 1. IF it were Day 3 and I hadn't talked about him at all that would be different, then I think it would be fair for you to draw a conclusion. There is nothing I can say in my defense about why MR did not talk about me and it's not fair to try and make me speak to what was in his head.
Idk, he was a pretty big topic on D1, first early with the 112 interaction and then later when he was a candidate for lynch. Just seems like if you had been addressing thread content fairly he'd come up more.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 366

Post by speedchuck »

[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] It feels like I need to address your grievance or you're going to tunnel me for the rest of the game.

Please point me to where I ignored evidence of your towniness and I'll talk about it. Don't have time to find it myself.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh shit I never changed my vote, sorry.

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

I'm going to be super scattered until closer to EoD, sorry, so please mention me if you want me to see something just in case.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:38 pm Oh shit I never changed my vote, sorry.

[VOTE: speedchuck] aubergine

I'm going to be super scattered until closer to EoD, sorry, so please mention me if you want me to see something just in case.
Aw what happened to sticking with me on juliets :pout:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:27 am Fixed:

MP7 random D2 feels reads whatever man

lock town
nutella
Nanook

strong town
Jack
Tony

maybe town
Hyena
LC
speed

POE by default
DDL
juliets
DrWilgy
Sloonei
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:58 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 pm Fine [VOTE: nutella] aubergine

@M Plus 7 if you wanna do a chuck counterwagon when you’re back lemme know but I’m not real interested in juliets.
Thanks for the ping. I suppose I could lynch speedchuck.
:confused:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Whyyyyyyy
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nanook proposed it as a compromise, and my intention is to save you today more than it is to vote a scum read since I don't really have any.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:31 pm I said pretend because you gave no indication of being interested afterward. Yeah you thanked Hyena for answering but that was it. You said nothing about MR afterward and just voted for sig without giving any input on MR.

The reaction to his death is a smaller thing, it's not a major part of why I suspect you I just stuck it in there as a small point of interest.
When did you expect me to show interest afterward? I asked hyena to walk me through it because after I read it a few times I still didn't fully understand it. I had no input to give on MR other than "I haven't seen anything scummy". Do you think that would have been helpful?? No, it would not have. Hyena had MR in his town grouping so didn't see anything really scummy either. It wasn't until the next day when I asked Hyena to explain did I fully understand what had happened. That was me showing interest.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:42 pm Nanook proposed it as a compromise, and my intention is to save you today more than it is to vote a scum read since I don't really have any.
But you went from being the second voter on juliets to being the second voter on speed. It's unnecessary. Yeah if it comes down to it I'd like to be saved, but as far as I can tell (/hope) the juliets wagon is just as viable as the speed one atm. So what exactly is convincing you to move to speed when juliets is lower on your list if all other things are equal? Do you trust Nanook more than me? (It's okay if you do I'm just asking lol)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:43 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:31 pm I said pretend because you gave no indication of being interested afterward. Yeah you thanked Hyena for answering but that was it. You said nothing about MR afterward and just voted for sig without giving any input on MR.

The reaction to his death is a smaller thing, it's not a major part of why I suspect you I just stuck it in there as a small point of interest.
When did you expect me to show interest afterward? I asked hyena to walk me through it because after I read it a few times I still didn't fully understand it. I had no input to give on MR other than "I haven't seen anything scummy". Do you think that would have been helpful?? No, it would not have. Hyena had MR in his town grouping so didn't see anything really scummy either. It wasn't until the next day when I asked Hyena to explain did I fully understand what had happened. That was me showing interest.
I just mean you didn't even respond to it other than saying "thanks Hyena." You did the bare minimum of acknowledging that people were voting him for some reason and then moved on. Afterward you sort of jumped along on my pressure of Hyena to explain his progression, but I don't really view that as relevant.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:44 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:42 pm Nanook proposed it as a compromise, and my intention is to save you today more than it is to vote a scum read since I don't really have any.
But you went from being the second voter on juliets to being the second voter on speed. It's unnecessary. Yeah if it comes down to it I'd like to be saved, but as far as I can tell (/hope) the juliets wagon is just as viable as the speed one atm. So what exactly is convincing you to move to speed when juliets is lower on your list if all other things are equal? Do you trust Nanook more than me? (It's okay if you do I'm just asking lol)
Oh, I see what you're saying, lol. I didn't even think about vote totals. I'm open to whichever has more interest.

I'm not sure which one of you I trust more. I perhaps am more likely to tinfoil you at any random moment, but I currently trust you about the same.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also more broadly the fact that you never gave any sort of read on MR ever as far as I can tell.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:36 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:34 pm

Because pretty much everyone else is town ffs
I mean, I think juliets is pretty towny, so. POE is not a compelling argument for me here.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:38 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME It feels like I need to address your grievance or you're going to tunnel me for the rest of the game.

Please point me to where I ignored evidence of your towniness and I'll talk about it. Don't have time to find it myself.
As far as I can tell your initial scumread of me consisted of “I have trouble SRing townies when I’m Mafia, so nanook does too.” This has been refuted, by myself and others. You still hang on to the scumread without updating it.

To me this reads like you having a very similar issue to the one you accused me of, struggling to find other townies to SR.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:49 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:44 pm
Oh, I see what you're saying, lol. I didn't even think about vote totals. I'm open to whichever has more interest.

I'm not sure which one of you I trust more. I perhaps am more likely to tinfoil you at any random moment, but I currently trust you about the same.
OK. I guess I also just don't get what you see in speed or why you might agree with nanook on him. Not to keep you if you're busy and can't answer right now but I just don't see it. Obviously from my perspective I think there's much more of an actual case on juliets so I'm wondering if that can weigh your decision at all or if you're just deciding to trust Nanook's gut.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:51 pm
speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:38 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME It feels like I need to address your grievance or you're going to tunnel me for the rest of the game.

As far as I can tell your initial scumread of me consisted of “I have trouble SRing townies when I’m Mafia, so nanook does too.” This has been refuted, by myself and others. You still hang on to the scumread without updating it.

To me this reads like you having a very similar issue to the one you accused me of, struggling to find other townies to SR.
God damn this actually makes sense.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:48 pm
juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:43 pm

I just mean you didn't even respond to it other than saying "thanks Hyena." You did the bare minimum of acknowledging that people were voting him for some reason and then moved on. Afterward you sort of jumped along on my pressure of Hyena to explain his progression, but I don't really view that as relevant.
I didn't intend to "jump along on [your] pressure". I needed hyena to explain what looked to me like chaos in the EOD voting so I could sort what I thought about he and Nanook. I often ask a question and then acknowledge with a "Thank you" and don't say anything else because I'm thinking through the answer. Surely you have noticed that I do that. I also am not real talky during EODs because I'm trying to absorb what everyone is saying.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:51 pm

There was a bit more to my intitial scumread of you, mostly gut. The refutation brought you up from a scumread to a slightly-south-of-null-read. Right now I have you as a light townread. I just haven't 'updated' anything. The fact that I'm not pursuing you (and that I preferred an MR lynch D1 to yours) was enough, IMO.

I'm not struggling at all to 'find scumreads' this game. I currently have, even with you as town, three people I actively scumread (though they aren't aligned with one another) and a couple of lurkers.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Okay, I'm finally back.

For some reason, I'm finding it hard to really get myself into this game. If it has felt like that I've been coasting, it's because I kinda have been. Seeing Radish flip red and thinking that I caught MP7 gave me a brief burst of energy, but now I'm feeling lethargic again reading everything.

Right now, I'm second guessing myself on MP7, and am giving Jack's (I think it was him) idea of lynching both Nutella and Juliets some consideration. Nanook not wanting to vote either of MP7 or Juliets kinda sketches me out. I think it sketches me out because everybody has expressed some sort of opinion on those two, plus Nutella, and given that I believe that AT LEAST one of those three are scum, it doesn't make any sense to me why we don't try to resolve them as soon as possible.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I don't believe Speedchuck is mafia, and I'm saying this as the person who corrected him when he suggested the possibility that Nanook might struggle to find reasons to scumread people as scum. I'm the one that gave evidence (i.e. Nanook and I successfully lynching a cop D1 in G8 of MU Champs last year) for why this wasn't the case. If I didn't have that evidence though, and if I hadn't played with Nanook before, I don't think I would have seen Speedchuck's post as scummy. It's the way he delivered the post (if that makes any sense) that felt towny. It didn't feel, like, accusatory in a way where Speedchuck was going to just start pushing him just for that. He kinda just brought up the possibility and left it as just that -- a possibility.

Nanook, if you believe Speedchuck is scum, do you think Nutella is with him? Do you think any of Juliets, MP7, or Juliets is with him? If not, then what kind of team are you looking at right now? Radish, Speedchuck, + 1 of the inactives?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I'm also kinda frustrated about having inactive players in the game. I don't feel like I have a complete picture of the game right now due to not knowing anything about two players who could or could not be scum. Them not posting much and giving us little to read them off of almost weakens all of my reads and feelings about others because, yes, they could potentially be scum, and not the people that I'm actively reading. Thus, I almost wonder if just killing both inactives (Sloonei and Wilgy) would be more beneficial right now then going for more active players who have given us more content to read.

Hyena wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:18 pm I don't believe Speedchuck is mafia, and I'm saying this as the person who corrected him when he suggested the possibility that Nanook might struggle to find reasons to scumread people as scum. I'm the one that gave evidence (i.e. Nanook and I successfully lynching a cop D1 in G8 of MU Champs last year) for why this wasn't the case. If I didn't have that evidence though, and if I hadn't played with Nanook before, I don't think I would have seen Speedchuck's post as scummy. It's the way he delivered the post (if that makes any sense) that felt towny. It didn't feel, like, accusatory in a way where Speedchuck was going to just start pushing him just for that. He kinda just brought up the possibility and left it as just that -- a possibility.

Nanook, if you believe Speedchuck is scum, do you think Nutella is with him? Do you think any of Juliets, MP7, or Juliets is with him? If not, then what kind of team are you looking at right now? Radish, Speedchuck, + 1 of the inactives?
Could be nutella, yeah. Not interested in MP or Jules. Could definitely have a non entity scum. I don’t really have a read on LC, so not really ruling him out tbh.

Honestly I’m not even sure how much I think chuck is scum vs. how much I’m annoyed by him. I do think >rand but I’m not locking it. Probably should reread but I’m lazy.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] so my read of nutella this game is leaning scum.

The people she has read as scum include you, Jack, Hyena, 112 and DDL all of whom I disagree with. (I think she is reading everyone but me town right now but these were her past reads).

She has brought up things about me that are just part of my style and has been adamant those things make me scum. Part of me wants to say she's just mistaken but she hasn't wavered at all like she does when she's town. In fact, I haven't seen her wavering on anybody like her normal civ self though it usually happens at EOD in my experience and we've only had one of those.

Her responses to MR's death sounded overwrought, and that isn't normally what I see in town nutella. It's like she was overdoing it so people would believe she was not his partner.

She and I both did agree on Hyena's MP7 case so we haven't disagreed on everything. I only lean scum on her because I would really like to see some more behavior before writing her off completely.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

I see your response and I’ll read it when I can. Thanks :)
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 60

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 1]

Post by DrWilgy »

Y'all talk too much lmao. Trying to catch up at the same time y'all threw another 10 pages at me.

DAY 1:
Effectively this is where I began my catch up.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:41 pm @DrWilgy

I need you, friend. Let's generate some content. As soon as you get back in here, I want you to engage me specifically in your reads.
At a glace, I can't tell if I like Hyena or not. The play of 'watch them squirm and untangle the truth in the chaos' resonates with me, but ultimately comes from a selfish mindset. Not directly town or scum, but a selfish mindset does assist scum more.

Yo. Mr.Master Radishes is scum. The interactions with 112 was a super safe buddy.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:23 pm Fuck it let’s kill nutella?
#BLESSED

Leanin baddie rn: Raddish, Hazelnut

Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:35 pm I feel like everyone's townreading me. I don't feel like I've received any pressure from anyone today. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm attacked tonight and am dead N2.
You still feel like this?

I very much dislike Jule's d1 list
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:48 pm
112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:34 pm There's probably scum in Jack/Wilgy. They're players who have posted but only leave blanks in my mind.
yeah
This is shady as hell Hazelnut

OH NO. OH FUCK. WE KILLED SIG POOR SIG. HE WILL BE MISSED... Now who wants to consume his corpse?

Day 1 read conclusions: MP good, TSP good, Nook good, Jules scares me, DDL's a cutiepatootie, and Mr Master Raddish and Hazelnut are bad.

NIGHT 1:
eh

DAY 2:

Now... Not really relating to day 2, but there's a wild world where if Mr Master Raddish isn't scum, then both Nutella and MP may be scum.

I'd like a general census on the feel of Hyena.

Also, at this point, I'm tired of catching up and have to get back to work. Someone directly engage with me as that'd likely put me in the game more effectively... Or make me into an easy mislynch to those dashing scummies who are both charming and brave enough to pull it off.

edit: Mother of Linki
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

OH! here's another question. Who has reasons for Mr Master Radish to be civ?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:33 pm OH! here's another question. Who has reasons for Mr Master Radish to be civ?
MR got vigged. He was scum.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm not seeing speed as scum at the moment.

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention] - Master Radishes got day killed and he was scum if that helps you. As far as Hyena goes my general sense is he is good.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Fuck yeah, when did that happen?
Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:26 pm @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME so my read of nutella this game is leaning scum.

The people she has read as scum include you, Jack, Hyena, 112 and DDL all of whom I disagree with. (I think she is reading everyone but me town right now but these were her past reads).

She has brought up things about me that are just part of my style and has been adamant those things make me scum. Part of me wants to say she's just mistaken but she hasn't wavered at all like she does when she's town. In fact, I haven't seen her wavering on anybody like her normal civ self though it usually happens at EOD in my experience and we've only had one of those.

Her responses to MR's death sounded overwrought, and that isn't normally what I see in town nutella. It's like she was overdoing it so people would believe she was not his partner.

She and I both did agree on Hyena's MP7 case so we haven't disagreed on everything. I only lean scum on her because I would really like to see some more behavior before writing her off completely.
I know it seems like I'm not wavering at this point, which I admit is unusual and feels weird. This has just been a weird game for me in how much I've mentally sorted people as town. But as you said yourself, I have changed my reads quite a lot this game. I have had multiple scumreads that didn't stick and I *have* waffled on them and I *have* changed my mind. Maybe not in the way I usually do, and yeah I'm sticking to my guns on you and not really waffling there but I have my reasons (which are partially POE from my townreads).

My response to MR's flip was really just me typing how I felt in the moment. It was stream of consciousness. I was stunned. Wasn't exaggerated.

I'm in a position right now where I realize why I look bad but all I can do is honestly say how I've felt in this game and I can't really defend more than that, it's just been weird. I would encourage you to look at the sheer volume of my posts and the extent to which I'm stream of consciousness posting and not holding anything back, and as MP has pointed out see how different that is from my recent scum games where I am much more restrained. I know I don't look like my usual town self here because of how my reads have evolved, but I implore you to see that I am also not even remotely within my scum meta. I know how that sounds, believe me I'm conscious of it, and I am starting to accept that it's fairly likely I get mislynched today but I won't go down without a fight and I want others to see through to my true motivations here.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I’m going to pretend that fake derps don’t exist and accept wilgy as lock town.

Jules, I’ve read your thing. I don’t really have anything to add, I just don’t want you to feel like I asked for it then ignored it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Oooh a big Wilgy catch up post. Just started it but gonna say now that preemptively calling Radish scum and leaving it in the catch up post probably makes him town lol.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:39 pm Oooh a big Wilgy catch up post. Just started it but gonna say now that preemptively calling Radish scum and leaving it in the catch up post probably makes him town lol.
I mean it in now way does, it’s super easy for scum to fake, BUUUUUUT I’m doing the same thing so.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

DrWilgy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:37 pm Fuck yeah, when did that happen?
20 hours ago or so.

Did you have any specific reason to think nutella and MR were aligned, or were you just reading them scum independently?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:41 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:39 pm Oooh a big Wilgy catch up post. Just started it but gonna say now that preemptively calling Radish scum and leaving it in the catch up post probably makes him town lol.
I mean it in now way does, it’s super easy for scum to fake, BUUUUUUT I’m doing the same thing so.
*in no way
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:38 pm I’m going to pretend that fake derps don’t exist and accept wilgy as lock town.
Yeah I doubt that's a derp lol.... but I haven't played with wilgy in a while and he does do goofy things like that sometimes. I just don't feel it's likely in this case.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I'm leaning toward using my secret vote for sloonei, but could be convinced to effin devestate the entire nutella vs Juliets argument. We should probably figure out secret vote stuff ahead of time.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

doubt that's a fake* derp lol accidentally changed the meaning there. I mean I agree with you
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

It’s honestly kind of scummy but I’m pretending it’s an actual derp cause he said I was town and that makes me happy.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Wilgy does derpy things, but not usually calculated derpy things :P
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:42 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:38 pm I’m going to pretend that fake derps don’t exist and accept wilgy as lock town.
Yeah I doubt that's a derp lol.... but I haven't played with wilgy in a while and he does do goofy things like that sometimes. I just don't feel it's likely in this case.
I mean it’s clearly a derp, only question is whether it’s fake or not.

I now see your clarification
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Lol, don't town read me on WIFOM.

I'm just glad I was right. Literally instant validation. I'll take that as an absolute win that I didn't actually contribute to lol.
speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:41 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:37 pm Fuck yeah, when did that happen?
20 hours ago or so.

Did you have any specific reason to think nutella and MR were aligned, or were you just reading them scum independently?
Independent, but I don't recall seeing any interactions between the two that were memorable. I'll need to ISO the radish later.
Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I'm almost certainly putting my secret vote on Sloonei.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:43 pm Wilgy does derpy things, but not usually calculated derpy things :P
LOL THIS
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”