FTL Mafia [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

It's 2112. Get with the times! Who gets treasure?

Poll ended at Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:36 pm

MacDougall
10%
motobot
10%
Myo
No votes
nutella
10%
sig
No votes
Sloonei
10%
Geddy Lee (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
60%

Total votes: 10
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 336

Re: FTL Mafia [Night 2]

Post by MacDougall »

Soneji wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:16 pm Rarely do I actually get attacked by emotional scum so I'm giving Soneji major town points there.

Was sig and tedxtr compatible in your little charty doodad Jimbob?
They're compatible in the weird sense of ted making multiple comments on sig partners throughout the game, though no specific sig push/case. I get a nagging sense of openwolfing from ted every now and then reading their posts.
So do I
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Soneji »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:49 am
Soneji wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:45 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:16 pm Rarely do I actually get attacked by emotional scum so I'm giving Soneji major town points there.

Was sig and tedxtr compatible in your little charty doodad Jimbob?
They're compatible in the weird sense of ted making multiple comments on sig partners throughout the game, though no specific sig push/case. I get a nagging sense of openwolfing from ted every now and then reading their posts.
So do I
I also get a niggling you're buddying me.

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:37 pm So, what is it then? Daisy can be my teammate because she voted Soneji and not LC or Jack. sig could be my teammate because he said "I don't think LC is bad". myo could be my teammate because...?
Your tone is awful.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
If no one suspects Jay for this awful non-answer then I'm actually considering for the first time that the Civs might lose this game.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 2]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 8:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 7:37 pm So, what is it then? Daisy can be my teammate because she voted Soneji and not LC or Jack. sig could be my teammate because he said "I don't think LC is bad". myo could be my teammate because...?
Your tone is awful.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
If no one suspects Jay for this awful non-answer then I'm actually considering for the first time that the Civs might lose this game.
I didn’t have time to answer your question. It was complex and demanded quote digging. It was EOD, I was focused on finding an alternative to Daisy quickly, and I was simultaneously trying to clean a marinara sauce explosion in my kitchen. I looked quite ridiculous.

I’ll expand on the bits you asked about when I get to my computer.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh my God, so that's what that picture was. I thought it was some sort of meme I didn't understand, like a statement on the State of Affairs in America today or something.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Really, the more I think about it, the more it stands as an amazing symbol oh, if only it were toilet paper instead of paper towels. Then it would be perfect.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And quit reading my tone in whatever way is making you vote for me, because I guarantee you're getting it wrong.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:06 am I actually think you guys don’t have the votes tomorrow over say, sig or Soneji so I’m gonna chill for a bit more

If my psychic abilities prove to be shit I probably will demonstrate how scum reading me is an obvious cognitive flaw that will ultimately lead to the impending doom of the cute ships

Actually as I typed this I remembered I’m being suspected by 2 newer players and if they are town, they rarely actually get their minds changed so I guess I have to try hard now, rip me
What
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 1:11 pm Oh my God, so that's what that picture was. I thought it was some sort of meme I didn't understand, like a statement on the State of Affairs in America today or something.
Anyway to answer your question:

Long Con and sig

Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:15 pm
sig wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 2:09 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:48 pm
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 pm meh not seeing scum lc here
Thanks for this, sig, this post alone might have saved the entire game. :hugs:
Thank you I want all credit if we win the game.
It will be well-deserved.
Long Con wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:08 am ColinIsCool / JaggedJimmyJay good
JiwonMeganPark bad
Long Con good
MacDougall bad
motobot who?
Myo bad
nutella good
sig bad
Sloonei bad
Soneji good
Spacedaisy good
tedxtr good

You have essentially never had any substantive interaction with sig apart from that chummy exchange in there followed by a GTH bad read. So that's meh. From his end it's worse:

sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:39 pm If either Mac or LC are mafia the other is most likely mafia as well. LC breaking the tie away from Mac is definitely a move both/one would come up with as an easy distancing maneuver early game.
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:45 pm meh not seeing scum lc here
sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 pm Though Daisy's vote on Sonjie is icky.

So if Jack is bad she may be mafia
If LC is bad I could see Ted being mafia.
sig wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 2:17 pm I like Daisy's last 2 posts, I'd love to see a full read list and who'd you like to lynch.

I don't like that LC tried to claim credit for the jack lynch,

Still think Jay could be mafia since I'm sticking with my inactive theory.

Besides that I'm a bit meh. If the top civ arent shot in next few phases we should probably lynch them.
sig wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:11 pm So I was just sleeping but afyer reading everything I like this wagon more so then lc

I never was for LC and this last minute push away form daisy onto either me or LC doesn't seem genuine seems like an attempt to save a teammate

His reads on you have been a bunch of incoherent nonsense to me. He has both liked you and disliked you with no discernible progression. He has called you mafia clearly only when he has tacked you alongside other players (Mac and ted). And that "someone is trying to save Daisy by going after LC or me" thing just smells horrible to me -- like he was trying to save you.

~~~~~

Long Con and Myo

Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:36 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:32 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 2:33 pm I offered one single pre-flip associative read in Banjo-Kazooie and it gave me the false confidence to mislynch a civilian who I thought was paired with another civilian on Day 1. Never again!
What does 'pre-flip' mean?
The 'flip' in question is slang for the role-reveal that occurs upon voting a player out by Day.
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 6:37 pm
Myo wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 3:53 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 pm To give someone new the bonus scrap. So you think if we all tie in today's vote, we'll all get scrap?
You think so? I kind of assumed that if multiple people tied for the top vote that it would be determined by RNG?
I do not think so. I think one person will get scrap, or maybe zero if we have a tie, because our Host can sometimes be a hardass in that way.
Long Con wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 11:08 am ColinIsCool / JaggedJimmyJay good
JiwonMeganPark bad
Long Con good
MacDougall bad
motobot who?
Myo bad
nutella good
sig bad
Sloonei bad
Soneji good
Spacedaisy good
tedxtr good

From your end it's similar to sig. You interacted in no meaningful way before an eventual GTH bad read. There's no effort to develop anything here.

Myo wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:57 pm
nutella wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:52 pm
Myo wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:37 pm
Myo wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 11:35 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 10:33 pm
Hacking: You may redirect your target's target to the target of your choice. (12 scrap)
Expensive mod. Would a Civ choose this? Maybe. It's a little like a self-protect from a specific person. I guess it gets more powerful the more Assumed Civs you have.
It could be used as a pseudo-role blocker to search for the killer? Redirect the person you are the most sus of back to themselves to see if the kill goes through (or if they kill themselves). Obviously depends on the OOO, but I don’t think it’s an unreasonable assumption that the kill comes later.
Ah, wait no, nevermind. I misread the item description. I though it was a puppeting action, but it is one degree removed pupetting.That doesn't actually work then.
I don't follow?
'redirect your target’s target’

I’m assuming this means that if I target A, and A has an action that should be targeting B, that I then get to puppet B’s action to a third target of my choice. Which seems needlessly complex and room to create a chaos without gaining any meaningful info.

I had thought it was a simple puppet: I target A and get to give him a new target for his action in which case my original suggestion about puppeting someone to self-target stands.
Myo wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 6:50 pmJaggedJimmyJay wolf
JiwonMeganPark town
Long Con wolf
MacDougall town
motobot town
Myo town
nutella town
sig town
Sloonei town
Soneji town
Spacedaisy wolf
tedxtr wolf

Then Myo did the same thing to you. You served as a springboard for even more barely-relevant mechanical chatter and then get an arbitrary "wolf" read. It looks like forced distancing given that it's both-ways and neither of you seems to have the first clue about the other otherwise,
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

So basically based on negative GTH reads. I might as well just not play your little game again if that's what you're going to do.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:05 pm So basically based on negative GTH reads. I might as well just not play your little game again if that's what you're going to do.
No, not basically that. In both cases the worse offenders are Myo and sig.

If you refuse to play my game for no reason, rest assured it won't make me suspect you less. :meany:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sig and Soneji are my top suspects.

Jiwon, Myo and motobot are next tier.

Long Con is a more tin foil option.

Mac, nutella, Sloonei, ted are civilian reads.

I believe the POE target is 4, so that's not a super healthy game state. There's only so much one can do though -- folks need to post.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:24 pm sig and Soneji are my top suspects.

Jiwon, Myo and motobot are next tier.

Long Con is a more tin foil option.

Mac, nutella, Sloonei, ted are civilian reads.

I believe the POE target is 4, so that's not a super healthy game state. There's only so much one can do though -- folks need to post.
It should only get healthier as more death-based information comes out.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:12 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:05 pm So basically based on negative GTH reads. I might as well just not play your little game again if that's what you're going to do.

If you refuse to play my game for no reason, rest assured it won't make me suspect you less. :meany:
I have a bad feeling you're not Civ. I have no case, so don't get uptight about it. You've got a good handle on the usual JJJ schtick, which I see as good-to-excellent proactive play, so sometimes it just comes down to gut. Maybe my saying it could influence some rolecheckers or whatever. But then if you're Civ, it's a waste of an ability. Ain't that just Mafia?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 6:12 pm

I have a bad feeling you're not Civ. I have no case, so don't get uptight about it. You've got a good handle on the usual JJJ schtick, which I see as good-to-excellent proactive play, so sometimes it just comes down to gut. Maybe my saying it could influence some rolecheckers or whatever. But then if you're Civ, it's a waste of an ability. Ain't that just Mafia?
I'm not entirely myself this game, so I don't view that with surprise. I just major-efforted my way through a historic town win in the MU tournament and am taking this game off (by my standards). I joined because it was clear a replacement was needed.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

To be clear:

If there is a mafioso in this set:

nutella, Mac, Sloonei, ted

Then I expect the civilians to lose this game. The best way to prevent that is to get activity from the quieter group:

[mention]Myo[/mention]
[mention]JiwonMeganPark[/mention]
[mention]motobot[/mention]

and energy from the rest:

[mention]Long Con[/mention]
[mention]Soneji[/mention]
[mention]sig[/mention]

That can help any civilians among them to find one another. Without that, they're always going to be more suspicious, and they're always going to be lynched before that group up at the top. If they are all civilians up there, then that's great. The game remains winnable. If you're a civilian in that pile though, the onus is on you to answer the call -- the game may depend upon it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 17
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

I'm sick right now. Voting Myo for scrap.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

motobot wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:43 pm I'm sick right now. Voting Myo for scrap.
Feel better!

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Epignosis »

Locked.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Exploring is a crucial part of intergalactic warfare. Reconnaissance can make or break. And make again.
No one has been destroyed.

It is now Day 3. You have 48 hours to lynch someone.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Who gets rewarded like its 1999?

Poll runs till Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:12 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.
You may select 1 option

JaggedJimmyJay
13%

Voters: nutella, Sloonei

JiwonMeganPark
No votes

Voters: None

Long Con
No votes

MacDougall
20%

Voters: Myo, MacDougall, tedxtr

motobot
No votes

Myo
7%

Voters: motobot

nutella
13%

Voters: JiwonMeganPark, JaggedJimmyJay

sig
No votes

Sloonei
No votes

Soneji
No votes

tedxtr
7%

Voters: Long Con

Prince (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
40%

Voters: Jackofhearts2005, Spacedaisy, dunya, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, Epignosis, Hyena

Total votes: 15
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nice. That bodes well for nutella and Mac I suspect, as they'd be the most obvious kills and protections.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 3]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

11 players alive: 2 mafia, 1 indy, 8 civilians

If we don't count on that indy, we sit at 8 vs 2. That's 2 mislynches to MyLo + 2 mafia alive = POE pool of 4 needed. That expands to 5 if we accept the indy as pro-civilian (I am unwilling). The goal of the game should be finding 6 non-mafia among the 10 players who are not you.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 198
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Oh cool
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Looks like someone bought the Ion so presumably someone will be silenced today?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: soneji] aubergine to start us off
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I will also open with a [VOTE: Soneji] aubergine.

Soneji wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:38 am Wake up and see I almost got lynched again. Definitely going to have to take a :charlieblackmon: to those on my wagon, as it is scummy af to try and flip me before Daisy. My town flip always leads to their lynch the next day
Didn't like this.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Myo
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Myo »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 3:06 am I actually think you guys don’t have the votes tomorrow over say, sig or Soneji so I’m gonna chill for a bit more

If my psychic abilities prove to be shit I probably will demonstrate how scum reading me is an obvious cognitive flaw that will ultimately lead to the impending doom of the cute ships

Actually as I typed this I remembered I’m being suspected by 2 newer players and if they are town, they rarely actually get their minds changed so I guess I have to try hard now, rip me
You’ve mentioned a few times that you are liable to be pocketed which isn’t sitting great with me. Also, the question about the number of wolves felt kind of forced. It’s in the rules so I’m not getting why you would ask instead of flipping to the first page to check? Comes across to me as intentional.
Myo
Posts in topic: 51

Post by Myo »

Myo wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:19 pm

You’ve mentioned a few times that you are liable to be pocketed which isn’t sitting great with me. Also, the question about the number of wolves felt kind of forced. It’s in the rules so I’m not getting why you would ask instead of flipping to the first page to check? Comes across to me as intentional.
So I just looked your posts and you only mentioned being likely to be pocked once. I must have misattributed other discussions of this to you.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The Poll wrote: Who should be sent back to Boston?
I mean, logistically speaking it's hardly a move at all for me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Homework:

Go to sig’s ISO and tell me how many strong reads he has expressed since this game started.

Then, among those, tell me how many times he has actively pushed a mafia read.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:46 pm Homework:

Go to sig’s ISO and tell me how many strong reads he has expressed since this game started.

Then, among those, tell me how many times he has actively pushed a mafia read.
My GTH on him was based on buddying/TMI feelings.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Sloonei[/mention] why do you think Myo looks like a civilian? I don't.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 12:21 am @Sloonei why do you think Myo looks like a civilian? I don't.
It is strictly a tone read that I have not assessed since Jack’s flip. I plan on doing some ISOs eventually this phase.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 128
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: Myo ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 1]

Post by tedxtr »

Myo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:26 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:40 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:33 pm Lol at Sig already having two votes.
Was my initial reaction but also Sloonei isn't the type to just lolvote sig so he may have seen something there that I did not.
I feel like Sloonei's votes are pretend for the first 3/4ths of D1 and Sig somehow pocketed me in a game recently iirc. Covid? Like I'm just gonna let that stuff play out without worrying about what either of them are doing atm. Unless when I read the posts I've missed there's nothing else interesting going on.
Pocketed?
If you find mentioning being pocketed to be a scum tell, why did you not point it out in Jack’s post?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I guess he was talking about another game there.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: sig ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 1:50 am
Myo wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 7:26 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:40 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 11:33 pm Lol at Sig already having two votes.
Was my initial reaction but also Sloonei isn't the type to just lolvote sig so he may have seen something there that I did not.
I feel like Sloonei's votes are pretend for the first 3/4ths of D1 and Sig somehow pocketed me in a game recently iirc. Covid? Like I'm just gonna let that stuff play out without worrying about what either of them are doing atm. Unless when I read the posts I've missed there's nothing else interesting going on.
Pocketed?
If you find mentioning being pocketed to be a scum tell, why did you not point it out in Jack’s post?
I think myo is asking what the term means there
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Anyone: why is sig a civilian?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] Turns out Jay really did find his true love in his Champs game. It's that emoji.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 0]

Post by nutella »

sig wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 9:29 pm Myo is my favorite player, 10/10 buddying accepted.

Mac seems civvie.
Nanook seems meh, this time I'm right I swear. :p
I wanna lynch Sloonie, for reasons,
LC, since I've gotten away from my roots of always lynching him and him usually, sometimes, kinda always being mafia.
Ted, since I never wanna lynch Ted and I think it'll be a fun way to start the game.
This is a post I feel comes from town sig. I've come to associate this type of wordy, thought-tossing-out readlist with his typical early game/entry. If I recall correctly a similar post contributed to his d1 mislynch in covid. I maybe shouldn't put as much stock in this as I have given it's easily fakeable I guess, but a quick glance at GOC (his most recent scum game) shows me he didn't really do the same thing (there's a smaller post that could qualify but it doesn't have the same feel/structure to it imo). If you want I could link the relevant posts from the two games I'm referencing but I do feel it's a not-insignificant tell for him.

D1 interactions show he's unlikely to be partnered with Soneji, who I suspect more at the moment.

Most of his iso is short, snippy, whimsical, fast and loose takes which I feel are more likely town sig than not.

sig wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 9:59 pm Though Daisy's vote on Sonjie is icky.

So if Jack is bad she may be mafia
If LC is bad I could see Ted being mafia.

This post may be the worst look for him. Drawing a false association to Daisy in advance of Jack's flip. [mention]sig[/mention] do you still believe in the LC/Ted connection you posited here and why?

That post that's been quoted a few times about daisy's lynch being inevitable isn't great. But again, he drew the connection between jack and daisy earlier, and many of us saw it after d1 eod, so :shrug2:

sig wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:19 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:16 pm
sig wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:15 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:13 pm
Spacedaisy wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:13 pm
sig wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:11 pm So I was just sleeping but afyer reading everything I like this wagon more so then lc

I never was for LC and this last minute push away form daisy onto either me or LC doesn't seem genuine seems like an attempt to save a teammate
Or he's your teammate.
Totally within the realms of possibility.
Only if he's a civ. :P
Sig why haven't you tunneled me this game? You always tunnel me. What's the dealio?
Only in games where your mafia, or mafia seeming havent seen that this game.

Plus you lead the lynch d1 while its within your mafia meta nobody would go along with it anyway.

Mainly though havent seen a good reason to yet. If your alive in a few phases and we dont hit mafia then you've gotta go.
I've gone back and forth on how I feel about the Mac-non-tunnelling exchange, but again I've come away with a town lean for him being frank about it and because there is ample reason to find Mac town in this game anyway.

He still has reservations there, which he might be more hesitant to express if he's mafia and actually has TMI on Mac. He also has a healthy skepticism of Jay.

Overall I find more positive in sig's iso than negative. What's the strongest point against him?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: FTL Mafia [Day 0]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:24 am Overall I find more positive in sig's iso than negative. What's the strongest point against him?
He hasn't pushed a single read beyond making one post at any juncture of the entire game, and the only strongly worded mafia read he has provided was once at Soneji -- no follow-up.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 70

Post by sig »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 3:00 am Anyone: why is sig a civilian?
Since he's awesome?

I'm about to start work then be offline for like 10 hours so I'll throw out some reads.

Jay, Sloonie, Mac, Nutella, and LC all seem civ enough not to lynch today, but one is probably a wolf playing the bussing game.

Myo has been very blandly which is suspicious.
Jwong: no read
Ted/Soneji are both gut bad reads, neither play as I remember they do as a civ. The main one being ted since I've got a good track record of being right on his alignment.

Mac/LC are sti my tinfoil team
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 70

Post by sig »

Nutella, yea, but off the top of my head can't remember why I made that connection
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*throws hands up*

[VOTE: Soneji] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Why is Soneji bad?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”