moth
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
19%
nutella
No votes
cayvie
No votes
Underking Ores (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 16
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 314
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Pyre Mafia [Day 1]

Post by tedxtr »

Or rather, why did you think moth would complain about not being forced to interact with people that could potentially be town (no spew), as a wolf? I kinda have to make some weird assumption in order to meet this read, not really following your thought process. You think wolves would complain in wolf chat about not having to interact with people when spew is at bay? lol
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:40 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:15 am Like I think the general thing scum wants to do is force me to push the slightly insane read I made to start off the day, and this is in this camp.

Also in what world is Nanook an easier MDF in general than Nutella/Sloonei?
The world you kill me in f3 for one 😭😭😭

(That’s right, I randomly saw my name and replied to it and nothing else, anyone that scumreads me for it should tag me so I can laugh at them)

(Also so I remember this game exists and I’m in it)
what are you talking about this never happened
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Re: Pyre Mafia [Day 0]

Post by KZA »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:03 am
KZA wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:51 pm Idk how Jovan plays but nothing he's said is interesting or a hot take, just talked about game mechanics and gone why why why this that.

Dislike
What's wrong with asking why why why?
I saw very little follow-up to him randomly asking people about their reads. Just came off as an attempt to exist in the thread for me.
Marcher Jovian wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:34 am
KZA wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:12 am
Marcher Jovian wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:38 pm [VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine
That Nanook vote weirded me out
You don't accept his reasoning? I find Tony's overall vibe scummy to this point but I don't take issue with him prodding someone that was barely noticeable. You'll notice that Nanook showed up too, and his posts didn't exactly impress me. Since you like asking questions I'll ask you one; any thoughts on Nanook himself?

Oh and I think you asked me about Moth earlier but I got distracted; he is still town.
It’s because Tony was happy to suspect people and cast shade on them, but wasn’t willing to actually back it up with a vote. Like from reputation I know sloonei and nutella are fairly experienced players, so it’d probably be hard to get either banished d1. Nanook is a really easy, random, low-commitment vote. Who’s gonna defend someone with low thread presence that hasn’t really gotten “serious” about solving yet? Like in a vacuum I don’t think someone voting Nanook is necessarily scummie, but it doesn’t really fit with the mindset Tony’s shown so far.
Like Tony: “This might be a wolf tactic because most people just leave these sort of mutual tunnels alone d1. be cautious of this”
Also Tony: leaves mutual tunnel alone, makes an easy, low-commitment vote
Why isn’t he pushing at the tunnel? It just makes me go ???

Re: Nanook is probably just lazy civilian getting pushed for a miselim.
You're making some big leaps here. A single vote with "this is a good place to start" as the reason hardly qualifies as a serious push.

I'd have nanook in the null category fwiw
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 152
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Lissa seems apprehensive. Certainly not as headstrong as some of of the other new voices, but also not very teamwork-oriented yet.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 296
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:05 am Carotenoid is town and I am never taking it back
Why?
tedxtr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:07 am Looking at Carotenoid's ISO I don't know where to go, as in, I think the people she's pushing are wolfy and she makes very good points / she's pushing on good stuff.

Which would make her an excellent scum hunter or just bussing her partners / creating associations.

So I'm kinda stuck there.
Why are the possibilities you're envisioning the two extremes?
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:16 am Vote: tedxtr

(Literally no reason btw)

(Also how do i vote btw)
I don't believe you. Why tedxtr?
ImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:58 am Why are the possibilities you're envisioning the two extremes?
Not sure what you'd like me to respond with here.

However, I think you have me at about a null or something, how do you feel about my vote on you?
ImageImageImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:20 am
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:49 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:59 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:55 pm Why w/w? Is it usual for them?
No, just because usually I feel that day 1 spats like this tend to resolve with neither member being the target of suspicion after a while and their position in a triumvirate together leads me to believe that neither really suspects the other.
I'm still not sure I understand the logic. Your first reflex is to think they're w/w (rather than v/v or w/v) and then just let them be?
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:21 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:10 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:53 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:52 pm
outed wolf wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 7:51 pm
if a member of your triumvirate dies you lose a bunch of $tat$

is his point
Oh that makes sense well I'm just dumb then I guess?
I'm just gonna tunnel sloonei nutella w/w as this conflict plays out
Can I just sheep you plz?
my one read is that two random people I'm not voting for could be paired that seems like a terrible strategy
MacDougall seems to be joking, why the serious answer?
1) yes
2) couldn’t come up with a funny response. I weirdly have meta on this if you want it
Well ok, I don't really get your mindset but I like the one-line-kinda-snappy-but-not-uncooperative answers.
I'm not going to look into your meta but I appreciate you're offering it :p
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 505

Post by MacDougall »

Because you town read me or something I dunno it was in the past get over it
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:00 am
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:58 am Why are the possibilities you're envisioning the two extremes?
Not sure what you'd like me to respond with here.

However, I think you have me at about a null or something, how do you feel about my vote on you?
You're thinking that I'm either 1) Right and pushing wolfy people, 2) Wolf bussing. So either way, you think that I'm interacting with wolves. That makes the vote on me feels really opportunistic.
I'm trying to not OMGUS-read you but I have you as null-leaning bad because of that.
ImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:07 am So either way, you think that I'm interacting with wolves. That makes the vote on me feels really opportunistic.
Ah I see where the problem lies.

I just think that you have sparks of pushes that aren't followed up, if that makes sense, when I feel like your line of inquiry would demand more out of a person. But it's some form of scattered hunting process that I don't really know what to deal with.

I am aware that it might be a play style issue that I have with you rather than straight up a scum read, but I still can't get rid of that irking feeling.

Something like that.
ImageImageImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:11 am
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:07 am So either way, you think that I'm interacting with wolves. That makes the vote on me feels really opportunistic.
Ah I see where the problem lies.

I just think that you have sparks of pushes that aren't followed up, if that makes sense, when I feel like your line of inquiry would demand more out of a person. But it's some form of scattered hunting process that I don't really know what to deal with.

I am aware that it might be a play style issue that I have with you rather than straight up a scum read, but I still can't get rid of that irking feeling.

Something like that.
Hmn okay, that makes sense, I guess we'll see as this goes on.

Do you have other reads at the moment?
ImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Didn't read too in-depth, I am more of a D3 player.

But given that I feel the direction of the thread and feeling some sense of suspicion on my slot with the current game state, I thought that I'd make a perfect flash wagon.

So I had to post my unfinished thoughts in order to change that, you know
ImageImageImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Hmmn okay.

The game does feel really... Calm? A lot of things feel v/v so maybe some wolves are MIA.

DrWilgy, dunya, motobot & Soneji fall in this category.
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 571

Post by dunya »

i decided not to play mafia on my bday. and i'm really in over my head signed up to 3 games at once at a week where office life has resumed for me. i apologize. i'm better than this.

in other news, i'll read up and post my big impressions. but first, i have to let you all know i was visited by [mention]moth[/mention] on my bday last night. it was a nice little time we had.

dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 571

Post by dunya »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:29 am Hmmn okay.

The game does feel really... Calm? A lot of things feel v/v so maybe some wolves are MIA.

i'll reply to this first since it has my name and is right above my post.

drwilgy is nototiously low poster in either alignment, but i say he makes a little more effort as scum as the game goes on.

motobot is the host's 8year old son and makes a very limited amount of posts in general.

soneji just flipped mafia in space invaders, so i'll let you judge what his inactivity means.

i am never a low poster in either alignment. incoming crazy dunya.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 350

Post by outed wolf »

im surprised i got zero bites on my mech post

guess yall dont like mech speculation or just all seemed obvious?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Game isn't calm we just haven't struck a good angle yet imo. I doubt the wolves are full-scale MIA, more likely low key barnacles suckling the townie posts
tutuu
Posts in topic: 114

Post by tutuu »

Ok u got me carote i rly think ted might be scum now

Just from tone or smth idk

[VOTE: tedxtr] aubergine

Mobile hard
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

OW town
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:04 am Or rather, why did you think moth would complain about not being forced to interact with people that could potentially be town (no spew), as a wolf? I kinda have to make some weird assumption in order to meet this read, not really following your thought process. You think wolves would complain in wolf chat about not having to interact with people when spew is at bay? lol
Idk i just its kinda slightly scummy. The "I kinda have to make some weird assumption in order to meet this read" sentence

Ive felt like that when i was maf and i was trying to be diplomatic and stuff. i could be wrong but it just feels to me like ted pre emptively wants to agree / not enter conflict

i hate explaining so much just to be clear, i just decided id give it a shot
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 350

Post by outed wolf »

KZA wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:52 amOW town
KZA VIllage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Nah, my point was exactly that I don't get his thought process at all, hence the "I'd have to make some weird assumption in order to meet this read", or, if it helps you with anything "I'd have to make some mental contortion as a town to reach that thought process"
ImageImageImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:52 am
tedxtr wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:04 am Or rather, why did you think moth would complain about not being forced to interact with people that could potentially be town (no spew), as a wolf? I kinda have to make some weird assumption in order to meet this read, not really following your thought process. You think wolves would complain in wolf chat about not having to interact with people when spew is at bay? lol
Idk i just its kinda slightly scummy. The "I kinda have to make some weird assumption in order to meet this read" sentence

Ive felt like that when i was maf and i was trying to be diplomatic and stuff. i could be wrong but it just feels to me like ted pre emptively wants to agree / not enter conflict

Is this the reason of your vote? Because the post you quoted was posted after your vote in the thread.
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:39 am
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:29 am Hmmn okay.

i'll reply to this first since it has my name and is right above my post.

drwilgy is nototiously low poster in either alignment, but i say he makes a little more effort as scum as the game goes on.

motobot is the host's 8year old son and makes a very limited amount of posts in general.

soneji just flipped mafia in space invaders, so i'll let you judge what his inactivity means.

i am never a low poster in either alignment. incoming crazy dunya.
Oh wow I wasn't expecting that for motobot. Thanks for the backgrounds.
outed wolf wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:40 am im surprised i got zero bites on my mech post

guess yall dont like mech speculation or just all seemed obvious?
I thought you said you played the setup before?
Anyway it was a nice post, but I have no idea what the game is so *shrug*
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 460
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:53 am
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:49 am This is the worst triumvirate I've ever been a part of.
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:10 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:07 am [VOTE: master radishes] aubergine because after reading three more of jovian's posts i've decided i like them and see a little of myself in them.

The Radish has not inspired me this game.
[VOTE: master radishes] aubergine because I support my triumvirate. I'm going to bed now, and I'll see if I agree with the suspicion in the morning.
Hmmn what
How much do you trust your triumvirate?
I trust them a great deal. They have been trying to sort each other out, but I think it's v/v.
Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:45 am not picking a triumvirate seems somewhat more likely to come from a villager
That's possible, but it's also possible that Wilgy didn't check into scum chat yet. Also, the Host literally told us to kill Wilgy, so I'm going to vote there right now. [VOTE: Wilgy] aubergine
moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:00 am even when I explain things I feel like id have to teach you how an ENFP thinks. and im not even sure I understand my own axioms at times. It felt like enough time had passed that outed was a target scum wasnt ready to attack. I did not know it was visor. Doubt that made much difference however
What do you mean by "visor"? I thought your explanation was understandable.
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:54 am
Lissa wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:33 am
outed wolf wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 4:29 am gg lissa

who are the villagers
i am currently villa reading tutuu, moth, nutella, wilgy

in approximate descending order of strength

(could maybe swap first two, and maaaaybe last two but prob not)
omg the maaaaybe is the wolfiest thing I've ever seen lmfao
Serious player salad in this post. Right down to the "maaaaybe". :suspish:
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:34 am Not gonna lie

My eyes just glazed over the posts and I only paid attention to posts that included the name "tutuu" cuz im lowkey narcissistic like that tbh

Also I am a power role btw
Same-same. All of this. Including the power role. Isn't everyone a power role in this game? Isn't that why I low-key suspect outed wolf for implying he's vanilla?
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:27 am ok thanks

[VOTE: tutuu] aubergine

im a power role btw
Yeah, you said that already.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:56 am

Is this the reason of your vote? Because the post you quoted was posted after your vote in the thread.
Yea i kinda scumread ted slightly regardless but then he went ahead and made that post and when i responded to u it was an opportunity to give his most recent post as a tongue in cheek kinda thing and also i could just quote it instead of going back the previous page to quote other stuff so i saved myself some calories in clicking less. my granny says im underweight and i should eat more so im just doing my dury with due dilligence
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

duty
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[VOTE: bronana] aubergine

I feel really really good about this vote and I'd like to see a big wagon for pressure
moth
The Mark
Posts in topic: 436

Post by moth »

Ted is town. the p14 posts are solid.
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:49 am Ok u got me carote i rly think ted might be scum now

Mobile hard
ok maybe tuu is the deep wolf then
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

[VOTE: bronana ] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage
motobot
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 22
Aka: Moto

Post by motobot »

Hey everyone, how you guys doing?

Since the voice said it I'm going to vote wilgy lol

If you want to ask me something mention me. :lulz:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: bronana] aubergine

Lemme look at his posts.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:17 am
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:49 am Ok u got me carote i rly think ted might be scum now

Mobile hard
ok maybe tuu is the deep wolf then
I said im power role i never said im town
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Long Con you said yesterday you would look into Master Radishes this morning, did you do it?
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:10 am

Yea i kinda scumread ted slightly regardless but then he went ahead and made that post and when i responded to u it was an opportunity to give his most recent post as a tongue in cheek kinda thing and also i could just quote it instead of going back the previous page to quote other stuff so i saved myself some calories in clicking less. my granny says im underweight and i should eat more so im just doing my dury with due dilligence
??? What's this conclusion?
ImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Make this game more fun, someone, please

Mac make a joke or something
ImageImageImageImage
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

okay so my role is only useful in a massclaim.

and im also an investigative type role
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:44 am okay so my role is only useful in a massclaim.

and im also an investigative type role
Can we please not get in this
ImageImage
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

One of my two statements is true

;)
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

ted just said he wants things to get exciting. Why not unecessarily role claim
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 676

Post by Sloonei »

im a power role btw
I’m pretty sure everyone is a power role btw tbh ftr
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
moth
The Mark

Post by moth »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:18 pm

im a power role btw
I’m pretty sure everyone is a power role btw tbh ftr
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

moth wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:05 pm ted just said he wants things to get exciting. Why not unecessarily role claim
He said fun, not bland role claim
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

moth, can I speak to you privately in my office

*door closes*

moth what the hell
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:27 am Long Con you said yesterday you would look into Master Radishes this morning, did you do it?

Did I say that? I don't remember saying that tbh
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

So far it feels like everybody is playing their own version of this game and no one’s really working to make things happen. Like we’re all just talking at each other instead of with each other. I’m Handyman Sloon and I’m here to fix that once I’ve eaten something.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:28 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:27 am Long Con you said yesterday you would look into Master Radishes this morning, did you do it?

You did. :haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:28 pm

You said that because I voted for him and then you voted for him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 12:28 pm So far it feels like everybody is playing their own version of this game and no one’s really working to make things happen. Like we’re all just talking at each other instead of with each other. I’m Handyman Sloon and I’m here to fix that once I’ve eaten something.
Thanks Mr. Spoon

Return to “Previous Jobs”