Moderator: Community Team

Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:10 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:31 amOh you're the person who said that. Good good. Have you ever town read Dizzy and been caught out?
We don't talk about that in our family. But really, Hally knows me well and reads me extremely well. I didn't know Hally would sub into this game - If I was scum I would have to play around them being in the game. If I was scum in a game without Hally or people who know me like that, I would be flat and solvy and "make sense" and you would all town read me and I would win. It has happened before. =p
this ^ is also true. dizzy would not fool me here because he never knew id get in the game. when hes scum and im town he actively tries to play around me in a way that makes me town read him. but he cant play around me if im not here. but now i am here, and hes just town always sorry i dont make the rules except here i kinda am :p
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

in that respect, dizzy/hally not w/w

but either can still be an alien. not finished with my catch up :p
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 233

Post by Dyslexicon »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:30 am i decided not to play mafia on my bday. i have a lot of catching up to do.

hi hally! thanks for the birthday message, i appreciate it. you can get a town pass tonight cos if it.

why do so many people suspect me, are you guys crazy or are you crazy? must be crazy ;p
OMG! Happy belated birthday!
That makes sense.

And now I'm excited for you to catch up. I see you want to hold on to scum reading me. Good luck with that! You can do it! =)
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:34 am [WHY ARE PEOPLE READING EPI TOWN!?]
None of the things you mentioned are things that make me lean town on Epi. I have only a weak town lean on Epi just because the mindset that he needs to be the protector of Nut seems genuine and something he would think as town. It's not that he's doing it, it's the feeling I get that it's genuine, there's a genuine why. He may be town who just want to demonstrate to scum that they can never kill Nut on D1 so good luck. He may even want/be ok to draw a NK.

Your tunnel is very level 0 to me. It's like you're looking on surface things only, not mindset. Just my opinion. Does that make sense?
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:03 amhe doesnt put himself out there like the other players

He doesnt enter fights

He doesnt push provocative reads and stuff

He just sits back and is chilling and is talking about mechanics from time to time
Also don't forget that he said Carot probably wouldn't advice against shooting a teammate Soneji before Soneji even flipped. That is TMI if I ever saw any.
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:03 am "you guys do whatever you want, but I cant trust any of your plans because you might be aliens. My ONE job as a bunker is to save Nutella. I dont care that we discussed a plan to reduce wasted bunker shots on Night 1, I dont trust any of you or math or nothing. I am a bunker and I need to save Nutella. I insta lock in my save before anyone can say anything and then cast doubt on my own save to enocurage others to do the same because I might be an alien". Thats basically my TL;DR of their play so far and why i find it scummy.
I mean, fair. Epi is kind of stubborn and lol sometimes.

Do we have a plan for who is protecting Nut btw. [mention]nutella[/mention] ?

Also, when is the deadline?
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:21 amalso @ dizzy im less enthusiastic now because i was just more enthusiastic before cuz u know i just see a new community and i havent played mafia in a while and stuff and now im just being in my normal mood
Alright I guess. Your brain makes more sense to me than most tbh. =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:42 am in that respect, dizzy/hally not w/w

Smh. I hope you're town, cause that would be the most fun. =p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i am reading your iso [mention]Carotenoid[/mention] and want to ask you why you didn't bother to address my suspicions of you? like, you completely ignored them?

i notice you called TSP out for ignoring 2 questions, but like, you completely decided to not address me at all when i had you in the bottom half of my POE. why?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:43 am

fool me once, shame on u, fool me twice....

gotta be extra careful with you baby, sorry :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:25 am Let me try and sort players. I should be at work. I love this for my life.

Town:

Carotte - I don't think scum says "Nuu, why shoot Soneji" right when Nut is considering just that. All her other posts seems towny to me.
Proto - I'm pretty sure he has a town mind frame, even though I don't agree with a lot of his points.
Hally - FINE, you can be town, just don't disappoint. Many mindmelds.

Probably town:

Mac - FINE. Your posts are actually towny. As is you being hurt by not being read town. Same whininess as I get when that happens to me lol
Tutuu - I was going to say like "Let me get back to this", because I had some tinfoil somewhere. Will probably get back to that. But town for now. Seems a little bit more down after the Soneji flip tough. Weird.
Nanook - I don't think i'll ever bring myself to scum read Nanook. Too cute. Also never seen them as scum. Can't happen. Wow this read is good. But seriously, tone is the exact same any town game I've seen them in. Wait, I do have a reason. Him insisting on certain strategy points like us not protecting anyone but Nut seems very towny.
Epi - Probably my weakest town read, but I agree that him making himself the knight of Nut is probably more towny than not.

Suspect/PoE:

Dunya - Why are you dropping off, my love? Where you trying to make Mac and me look bad in the start of the game? Are you being a scummy scumbum? *Laser stare intensifies*
Rej - Ehh. I think Rej tends to be a bit obvious in his play. And I agree that he does not look good in Soneji interaction and how he said I was not "threatening".
Alison - Didn't mention Soneji much around when the shooting happened. Very singular focus on me. I had her connected with Mac, cause that read sort of TMI to me. So it's a weird thing, cause I think if Alison or Mac flips scum, the other one has a higher chance of flipping scum. And if Mac is town, that may make Alison less likely scum? Thing is, I don't at all understand her leap to making Mac scum just because I had a scum read on Mac. Seems so random. Alison can't know this, but I hadn't even read anyone else's suspicion on Drag when I made my own, as I wasn't caught up with the game. Her method here is just so strange to me. I just conclude that I don't understand her, she's done nothing that I can say clears her, and she's in PoE.
Tony - Most post are like fiiiiine. But there really isn't huge content there. I very much disliked how he town cleared Carotte for interaction with Soneji BEFORE Soneji had even flipped. Would scum suggest to shoot another scum+one other random player? Absolutely. Not town cleared imo.
LC - Not a strong scum read, but not a town read either. Not a lot of content. Bad reads. Boo.

---

*Insert tinfoil on Tutu knowing Carotte's name.

**I'll reread Soneji interaction later. Spent way too much time on this game for now anyway.

***@ me if I'm to do anything strategy wise.
the only thing i really disagree with here is re: tony. because he was the first person to scum read soneji and did it like as soon as soneji produced any content. also this was before nut had given a read on soneji so tony couldnt know nut would find soneji scummy when he made that read. so idk why hed do that to a teammate really. but the point you raise against him is also good. but i still lean just town for him. hrm
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:31 amOh you're the person who said that. Good good. Have you ever town read Dizzy and been caught out?
We don't talk about that in our family. But really, Hally knows me well and reads me extremely well. I didn't know Hally would sub into this game - If I was scum I would have to play around them being in the game. If I was scum in a game without Hally or people who know me like that, I would be flat and solvy and "make sense" and you would all town read me and I would win. It has happened before. =p
this ^ is also true. dizzy would not fool me here because he never knew id get in the game. when hes scum and im town he actively tries to play around me in a way that makes me town read him. but he cant play around me if im not here. but now i am here, and hes just town always sorry i dont make the rules except here i kinda am :p
hmmm, if one of hally or dizzy is alien, i'd choose hally before dizzy based on this pocketing attempt. kinda weird gripe but the " :p " at the end of this post just screams something to me that rings my paranoia bells and i am the queen of that emoji lol :p

i just don't think someone can enter into a game and be so sure about dizzy without TMI. i can reread dizzy's post to mac as paranoid town dizzy, i suppose. hmmmm.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:36 amdizzy trying to make everyone paranoid of me smh. its ok though i still love you :p
I'm just genuinely paranoid about you. Sorry. =p
But I really do think you're town here.
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:38 amHally, if you are an alien, I dont even mind losing to you. I would just say "well played".
^Which is exactly what happens any time Hally rands scum and most of the times I do tbh tbh
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 ami actually find that dizzy post very scummy. if they find hally town, it's extremely counterproductive to make someone retract their town read on hally based on meta or paranoia. if dizzy had actually said they dont think hally is town, i can see motive.

i don't like that at all, the timing is bad.
Shoo! It is my duty! So that if I die and everything goes to shit and somehow Hally is scum which they aren't, then I can be like "yeah, I kind of told you so" even if I didn't. It's a family tradition.

^See. Whole post dedicated to Hally paranoia. SO SCUMMY. It really just is for my own sanity. There's no need to tinfoil Hally at this point at all. But I might not be here later to tinfoil an possible Lylo. =p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:50 amhmmm, if one of hally or dizzy is alien, i'd choose hally before dizzy based on this pocketing attempt. kinda weird gripe but the " :p " at the end of this post just screams something to me that rings my paranoia bells and i am the queen of that emoji lol :p

i just don't think someone can enter into a game and be so sure about dizzy without TMI. i can reread dizzy's post to mac as paranoid town dizzy, i suppose. hmmmm.
Hally can read me very easily. We've played together forever. I'm like le obvious as town. Which is funny, cause I'm not obvious when I'm scum. But when I'm town I'm just town, you know? You jive? Ok. Good.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:48 am the only thing i really disagree with here is re: tony. because he was the first person to scum read soneji and did it like as soon as soneji produced any content. also this was before nut had given a read on soneji so tony couldnt know nut would find soneji scummy when he made that read. so idk why hed do that to a teammate really. but the point you raise against him is also good. but i still lean just town for him. hrm
this isn't a normal mafia game, this is a game where if you bus a teammate or two, you might survive till end game through that cred which is why i give no one that cred.

except nutella. she is goat.

i don't care who suspects who when, i care about progression and contribution and whether i find those progressions and conclusions believable. someone could be wrong about 4/4 of their suspects but still come across town to me. tone and intent is everything.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:47 amfool me once, shame on u, fool me twice....

That was exhausting. Still kind of proud. =p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:52 am macdougall is absolutely bad from his continued sr on me, regardless of drago. town mac sees town dunya. he's taking advantage of the new people in the thread. zap him next pls baby.

i wanna say i like craot more from her iso.

this is soneji's rainbow at a time he was not suspected 2nd post in the thread, at a time where drago was being heavily pushed. perfect bussing opp imo.

Good
proto
tutuu
Dunya

Still deciding
Nanook
Long Con
Carot
Dizzy
Bimbo(don't think they posted?)

Bad
Epi
TSP
Alison
Rej
Drago/Mac

he has three teammates. from his bad pile, and also posts directed towards them, i would keep rej and mac in my poe and take out alison. epi and tsp are towny to me before all this, tsp more than epi. rej's softball accusation on quoting soneji's mega post and then trying to engage him about "epi" is such a wolfy look for them both.

in his still deciding pool:
i'd sad nanook is still solid town for me. LC and Carot are meh based on interactions, but i like carot's iso and i haven't caught up with LC's posts yet. Dizzy and Hally can stay in the POE.

in his good pool:
tuutu and me are surely town, and his overeagerness to give a wordy defence of why proto is town is shady. proto can stay in my POE

my POE based on soneji's posts are:
Rej
Mac
Dizzy
Hally
Proto

now to do more reading.
why are you taking out allison?

also dizzy and i are both town hi hello :p

and your take on proto/soneji is the opposite of mine

and i also think mac is town, but you have more experience there so idk. is your read on him meta based or more just omgus or what?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]nutella[/mention] What do you think about this? All this is before Soneji was confirmed scum.
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:58 pm Oh lol Soneji appeared :p

Well I mean. I share most of his reads so I don't want you to shoot them but that's it.
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 pm Hmn nutella it's kinda scary that you approach this by "if I shoot Soneji and he flips town" tbh
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 pm but like does carotenoid ever do this with scum buddy Soneji? Looking for cred?
I'm thinking about Tony assuming Soneji as scum here. I just dislike it so much. But maybe I'm wrong, cause Tony is kind of fine otherwise, and also maybe he just legit did scum read Soneji. It's a bit sketchy boots to me.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:58 am The 3 maf are Tony, LC and Rej (imo)
why tony?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:11 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:08 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:02 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:01 pm Hmn nutella it's kinda scary that you approach this by "if I shoot Soneji and he flips town" tbh
Who should it be then?
Hmn I feel dragomir-MacDougall/TonyStarkPrime/maybe Rej would be ok
Pop quiz! What would your good friend Jay call this post? XD
Loooool! The thing with Rej is that they're suspiscious but they're not here. Call it a salad if you want I guess ^^
yikes. can i get another yikes?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 464

Post by MacDougall »

I observe the most unsurprising Dunya tunnel Mac cuz he suspects her read. I acknowledge it. I am going to bed. I fully expect when I wake up that everyone will be scum reading me again. If so I will probably not post again. I'm not posting myself clear again. Do what you want.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:05 am I observe the most unsurprising Dunya tunnel Mac cuz he suspects her read. I acknowledge it. I am going to bed. I fully expect when I wake up that everyone will be scum reading me again. If so I will probably not post again. I'm not posting myself clear again. Do what you want.
it's funny you call it tunneling when you think i'm an alien. so which is it?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:05 am I observe the most unsurprising Dunya tunnel Mac cuz he suspects her read. I acknowledge it. I am going to bed. I fully expect when I wake up that everyone will be scum reading me again. If so I will probably not post again. I'm not posting myself clear again. Do what you want.
What a scummy post!

JK.

Probably.

:ninja:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

If either Alison/Mac flips scum at a point, please yeet the other immediately. Thank you.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:07 am If either Alison/Mac flips scum at a point, please yeet the other immediately. Thank you.
[mention]nutella[/mention]
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:06 am
it's funny you call it tunneling when you think i'm an alien. so which is it?
I can never win with you. I'm not sure the last time you actually town read me in a game tbh.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:07 am If either Alison/Mac flips scum at a point, please yeet the other immediately. Thank you.
I don't understand this read. I don't care. I am going to bed. Don't reply to me.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:12 am
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:09 am
protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:05 am
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:37 am
protocultures wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 pm Nutella you asked for strong views before you used your shot.

If you find me scummy, shoot me. You still have the difference check after I die.
why are you doing this though xD
Why am I doing this? In a game with no investigative role, its super valuable to get early camps/groups and identify people who can never be aligned. Epi said earlier if they die, shoot me next. I am reciprocating. Its not a difference check, but more like a non alien/alien check.

If I am wrong on Epi, and Epi doesnt die, its going to taint a lot of my reads on other people until they state their read on Epi is based on some meta i dont know about. Its not the worst thing in the world if I get shot because now my reads post flip are known to be pure.
i honestly dont get it. it seems more like you just disagree with his approach as opposed to actually finding him scummy? can you help me understand? because i feel like from the start you just decided epi was scum and are tunneling him and basing your whole view of the game around pre-flipping him as scum. and that is not really a great way to go about solving, but you’re obviously entitled to do as you want. anyway i still think youre town
I base my reads on people's play. If they play in a way that is anti town wincon, I read them as scummy.
ok, but town can be very anti-town and scum can be very pro-town. both of these things happen all the time. you have to look at the motivations and mindset underlying the actions. and i don’t even agree that epi is being soooo anti-town anyway, and if he is it’s in a way that is more likely to come from town imo. but i might be wrong and you are entitled to your read. it doesnt seem like you’re open to reconsidering atp so idk what else to say. if he gets shot i will hope you’re right about him and if he flips scum you can have all my cookies :p
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Rej and LC for most uninspiring and in PoE.

Alison and Dunya for most ??? and in PoE.

Tony for most likely to be correct tinfoil and in PoE.

[mention]tutuu[/mention] Did you ever answer how you came to know Carot by the name of Carotte?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:09 am
I don't understand this read. I don't care. I am going to bed. Don't reply to me.
[Reply] :omg:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lynching Mac D1 as town's only PT in that turbo that time was my favorite thing ever btw. 10/10. Would always misyeet Mac for whatever reason I can find. <3
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

IMPORTANT QUESTION: When does night end? Should I do something?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:34 am
tutuu wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:30 am Dunya

Nutella
Everyone else

Anyone who disagrees is terrible at mafia
eeeeeee. ily.

on another note, i retract my town read on alison based on sloneji interactions. something feels very eloquently forced about her posts and i don't really like it. the posts feel like an alien trying too hard to justify every action rather than not caring how every single thing they do is perceived because you know, they're town.

like this post: it feels like an essay on how to write and edit a perfect sounding post that no one can pick apart for any reason.
Alison wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:37 pm 1) Why put effort for Dizzy and not Epi?

Because Epi meta wouldn't have helped unless I was willing to go to much farther lengths than I had the time, energy or inclination to. The thing with Dizzy was that I was checking up on specific, easily checkable behaviors - having a lot of townreads as town, general belief in the correctness of throwing around towncred left and right, not bussing their partners hard as scum. For Epi, my confusion was that I needed to know Epi as a player or maybe even as a person to untangle the mess of claims/hostility/rapid-fire volley of shots they took at me, and figure out how that impacted their alignment one way or another. That isn't something you can check just by skimming through a few ISOs - you'd basically have to read the entire game or get to know them properly to figure that out.

2) I suspected Dragomir in the first place primarily because the response to some people scumreading him was for Dizzy (who I theorized to be his wolf partner) to immediately bus him (or so I thought at the time). This is why when I put Dizzy and Dragomir down as scum on my initial list, I listed them together - because my theory was that they were specifically wolf buddies together and Dizzy was bussing him. I've later come into evidence about Dizzy's meta that shows that Dizzy's actions weren't necessarily a bus, which means that particular reason for suspecting Dragomir is out the window.

Later on, my suspicions on the Dragomir/MacDougall slot were renewed by MacDougall's behavior. As much as we try to keep out of game stuff from influencing out reads, the fact is that if someone is under pressure and subs out, they're >rand to be wolf (because town would be more likely to be like "okay losers, here's my reads, sheep me after I flip green"). MacDougall came into a slot like that and immediately started exhibiting a whole bunch of anti-town behavior. I put two and two together, and they add up to a scumread on Mac.
i realize she was addressing questions, but it's just a way of being perceived that sits weird with me.
why did you tr allison off soneji interactions in the first place?
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:46 am i am reading your iso @Carotenoid and want to ask you why you didn't bother to address my suspicions of you? like, you completely ignored them?

i notice you called TSP out for ignoring 2 questions, but like, you completely decided to not address me at all when i had you in the bottom half of my POE. why?
I don't recall you having suspicions on me, I thought it was just like PoE sorting? If I don't see concerning things (as in false/twisting my words) I don't really feel the need the defend myself.
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

protocultures wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:38 am
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:36 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:39 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:59 am I will add I feel extremely positive that Hally is town. She's like a shining beacon of town spark.
You have clearly never played with Hally lol

There's not one player I'm more paranoid about. You have no idea of the horrors I've seen. Sorry, Hally, but it's just the truth. BUT, that said, I mindmeld a lot with Hally here and can't find anything disagreeable with their process. So that is at least a good thing. Have no reason to think scum. They seem excited to solve. Likely town.
dizzy trying to make everyone paranoid of me smh. its ok though i still love you :p
Hally, if you are an alien, I dont even mind losing to you. I would just say "well played".
famous last words

(not really im town this game i swear)
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:13 am IMPORTANT QUESTION: When does night end? Should I do something?
I think it's submit actions 23 hours after night post, so that's a bit before 21h EST. Na, don't use your bunker saves.
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 am
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:36 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:39 am
MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 1:59 am I will add I feel extremely positive that Hally is town. She's like a shining beacon of town spark.
You have clearly never played with Hally lol

There's not one player I'm more paranoid about. You have no idea of the horrors I've seen. Sorry, Hally, but it's just the truth. BUT, that said, I mindmeld a lot with Hally here and can't find anything disagreeable with their process. So that is at least a good thing. Have no reason to think scum. They seem excited to solve. Likely town.
dizzy trying to make everyone paranoid of me smh. its ok though i still love you :p
i actually find that dizzy post very scummy. if they find hally town, it's extremely counterproductive to make someone retract their town read on hally based on meta or paranoia. if dizzy had actually said they dont think hally is town, i can see motive.

i don't like that at all, the timing is bad.
i totally disagree. dizzy is terrified enough of my scum play to want to warn ppl about it even if he tr’s me atm. because he’s scared if im scum i’ll kill him and win easily since nobody knows me. but i’m not scum, and neither is he. you will have to take my word for this :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:47 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:43 am

fool me once, shame on u, fool me twice....

just sheep me on dizzy i promise you will not regret this :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:50 am
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:41 am
hmmm, if one of hally or dizzy is alien, i'd choose hally before dizzy based on this pocketing attempt. kinda weird gripe but the " :p " at the end of this post just screams something to me that rings my paranoia bells and i am the queen of that emoji lol :p

?? i think you’re already aware of this but dizzy and i are from the same homesite. i’ve played with him in like every game that ive been in for the past... seven years? i know his play better than anyone. so yes, i could be and am sure about dizzy without tmi. he is town and it’s blindingly obvious to me given my experience with him :p

i dont really like both how much you’ve clinged to your early sr of dizzy and how you’re now trying to discredit me and my read on him. idk why you wouldn’t just take what i’m saying at face value given how well i know him. you aren’t wrong in the sense that if i was scum here i’d still tr and hard defend dizzy because doing anything less would out myself to him since he’d know i was bs-ing and would never not tr him when he is town. but you don’t know that. idk how you’re approaching your read on dizzy/me feels bad
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:53 am
Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 10:48 am the only thing i really disagree with here is re: tony. because he was the first person to scum read soneji and did it like as soon as soneji produced any content. also this was before nut had given a read on soneji so tony couldnt know nut would find soneji scummy when he made that read. so idk why hed do that to a teammate really. but the point you raise against him is also good. but i still lean just town for him. hrm
this isn't a normal mafia game, this is a game where if you bus a teammate or two, you might survive till end game through that cred which is why i give no one that cred.

except nutella. she is goat.

i don't care who suspects who when, i care about progression and contribution and whether i find those progressions and conclusions believable. someone could be wrong about 4/4 of their suspects but still come across town to me. tone and intent is everything.
but now you’re kinda doing the same thing you just called dizzy out for re: his paranoia of me. you town read tony so idk why you are feeling the need to say this and make me doubt my tr of him?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:00 am @nutella What do you think about this? All this is before Soneji was confirmed scum.
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:58 pm Oh lol Soneji appeared :p

Well I mean. I share most of his reads so I don't want you to shoot them but that's it.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 9:15 pm but like does carotenoid ever do this with scum buddy Soneji? Looking for cred?
I'm thinking about Tony assuming Soneji as scum here. I just dislike it so much. But maybe I'm wrong, cause Tony is kind of fine otherwise, and also maybe he just legit did scum read Soneji. It's a bit sketchy boots to me.
i mean he had already said soneji was his top sr before EoD went down so maybe he was just very confident? in isolation this does look bad though but in context of his read on soneji less so
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:09 am Rej and LC for most uninspiring and in PoE.

Alison and Dunya for most ??? and in PoE.

Tony for most likely to be correct tinfoil and in PoE.

@tutuu Did you ever answer how you came to know Carot by the name of Carotte?
i can sheep this tbh. not gonna consider tony until more flips/time has passed though. and rej has to get nuked first :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:13 am IMPORTANT QUESTION: When does night end? Should I do something?
uh like 8 hrs and idk what we’re supposed to be doing rip
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im trying not to tunnel rej because bad hally bad but it’s kinda hard when hes not here and is not solving or anything when he is. his posts are the scummiest in the game by far and not in a drago way, like in an actual legit scummy way. there are three scum in the game still and i don’t see how rej isn’t one of them. but unfortunately if he is his team has gotten the memo by now and probably has not really been trying to protect since someji flipped. so that might muck things up. but lets just blast rej first and then we can deal with harder things :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

@long con i still feel like you’re kinda just existing and not really solving. if you’re town and consider it important to clear yourself to me/others it would help a lot to have a more complete overview of where you're standing on ppl. i’d appreciate that a lot
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:55 am @long con i still feel like you’re kinda just existing and not really solving. if you’re town and consider it important to clear yourself to me/others it would help a lot to have a more complete overview of where you're standing on ppl. i’d appreciate that a lot
[mention]Long Con[/mention] rip
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

This thread got a lot of new posts. I'll be doing my best to catch up ASAP.

@TSP, I am sad that you didn't take me up on my offer to talk more. After I catch up will you do so?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

what is a stool pigeon and why am i that? :p
Alison

Post by Alison »

Just finished page 18 - Hally, Epi and proto all scream town to me. I know some people suspect proto but I think this suspicion is largely unjustified and he's one of my top townreads. The sheer amount of effort and care put into trying to solve the game in favor of town, the reckless demands to shoot him to prove his reads right, the paranoia/tinfoil about being played - all town and all things I've done as town. proto also has this "the setup/game should be played this way, this is the correct way, you have to follow this" attitude that I think is super town.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 11:56 pm This feels bootlicker.
This post is good and reflects the first reaction I had to LC's post as well.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i have a theory on a potential pairing but it’s a bit tinfoily and i wanna sit on it first and see. but i will say it before night is over probably
Alison

Post by Alison »

Meh, I'm not sure how to feel about Mac. I still think his earlier behavior was legitimately bad (and I don't understand why people are saying I'm overreacting or being overly harsh in my criticism of it), but it's improved a lot insofar as his posts have gone from basically word/read salad to, like, actual developments with actual reasoning behind them even if it's a playstyle that's very different from mine. Probably the Soneji flip looks good for him. Hally is correct that the setup means scumreading your buddy when they're under pressure from the laser meanas less in this setup, but when nutella put power in Mac's hands (him choosing from her shortlist) he actively chose to have Soneji shot.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

having night talk is different and really cool tbh. now i can post whore 24/7 :p
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:56 am I think a POE like this is a solid starting point;

Alison
Carotenoid
Protocultures
Dunya
Rej

With Epignosis as a swing for Dunya if that's a miss. If Dyslexicon is mafia we probably never get there if Hally is town which is my most confident read and also I love Dizzy so fuck it.

I feel like all combos inside this are viable though I expect some immediate "wtf no this person can't be w with this person" type things. Don't hold back.
This post feels pretty pure to me and is a HUGE step up in terms of post quality than before. Could be wolf!Mac stepping up because he's feeling the pressure after his teammate died, but given that he had a hand in Soneji's death, I don't buy my own theory.

Return to “Previous Heists”