Moderator: Community Team

tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 171

Re: Space Invaders [Day 2]

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:28 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:23 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:21 pm LC's view is reasonable from my point of view. I very well could have been psychologically manipulated into tutuu automatically being one of the protects and picking an overall less safe pool if she is a lying alien.
then try to read me?

are we not playing a game of mafia?

"tutuu is town for being adamant to be picked"

"tutuu is scum for being adamant to be picked"

"stfu tutuu"

like any of those are fine

"tutuu you FUNDAMENTALLY should NOT DO what you DID because FUNMDAMENTALLY its anti-town" - this is extremely silly
You're backpedaling to push on the idea that you were "asking" to be picked for the doc pool. Your initial wording was just "I will use it" -- Epi-style. You weren't asking for me to choose you, you phrased it as you were already going to do it regardless. Tbh this dishonesty feels slimy.
i used assertive language because i wanted to get picked

ive said twice before, i was under the wrong impression that you have me as your top town read therefore i dont need to worry about how i come off
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 490

Post by dunya »

i am not seeing scum tutuu at all. wtf are you guys seeing. i feel misunderstood because town tutuu doesn't put much thought in words...like town dunya :p
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

ehhh, seeing the carot push on rej after soneji flipped is giving me mixed feelings about them being w/w actually tbh ehhhh like the whole soneji player analysis was based on pairings of soneji / rej/ with a third.

thats sorta weird and like, confusing to me?
protocultures
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 720

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by protocultures »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:31 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:43 pm Why Soneji? I like his reads and he's not even there.
@protocultures this is a post carot made when nutella said she was blasting soneji's face. soneji had like, 2 posts to his name and she "liked his reads", and doesn't want nutella killing them because they are not present. so i will remove that assumption tingling me that carot was triggered by rej because of low activity now.
Not 100% following but the conclusion is...?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:21 pm LC's view is reasonable from my point of view. I very well could have been psychologically manipulated into tutuu automatically being one of the protects and picking an overall less safe pool if she is a lying alien.
then try to read me?

"stfu tutuu"

"tutuu you FUNDAMENTALLY should NOT DO what you DID because FUNMDAMENTALLY its anti-town" - this is extremely silly
You are being overdefensive. Do you always react this way to suspicion?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Space Invaders [Day 1]

Post by dunya »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:42 pm
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:31 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 8:43 pm Why Soneji? I like his reads and he's not even there.
@protocultures this is a post carot made when nutella said she was blasting soneji's face. soneji had like, 2 posts to his name and she "liked his reads", and doesn't want nutella killing them because they are not present. so i will remove that assumption tingling me that carot was triggered by rej because of low activity now.
Not 100% following but the conclusion is...?
that carot doesnt suspect rej because of low activity.

also, i'm almost fully convinced if carot is bad, rej is town :sigh:
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 321
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

Hi there - I see that I've been mentionned or something. Im not on my computer and Ill have more time later but if there's something you want me to adress quickly I'm semi here
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm
then try to read me?

"stfu tutuu"

stop sea lioning them.
tutuu

Re: Space Invaders [Night 1]

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 10:24 pm tutuu
Epignosis

Nanook
Dyslexicon

Long Con
protocultures

Hally
Mac

dunya
Alison
TonyStarkPrime

Carotenoid
Rej

....Something like that. Ugh. I'm so unsure on a lot of these.
maybe u changed it along the way and i didnt notice

but i feels bizarre to be repeatedly called obv town / lock town, and then all of a sudden called slimy and dishonest after i talk to u as if im an innocent child
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:43 pm
then try to read me?

"stfu tutuu"

stop sea lioning them.
Right, I forgot. Sorry tutuu.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 pm
Epignosis

Nanook
Dyslexicon

Long Con
protocultures

Hally
Mac

dunya
Alison
TonyStarkPrime

Carotenoid
Rej

but i feels bizarre to be repeatedly called obv town / lock town, and then all of a sudden called slimy and dishonest after i talk to u as if im an innocent child
I was just stating a suspicion.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

im quoting nutella's reads?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:47 pm im quoting nutella's reads?
Lol she colours like me, my bad.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:46 pm
Epignosis

Nanook
Dyslexicon

Long Con
protocultures

Hally
Mac

dunya
Alison
TonyStarkPrime

Carotenoid
Rej

I was just stating a suspicion.
:haha:
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

actually is it allowed to ask for ages of players in the game or is that not allowed/frowned upon. People can not choose not to answer obviously.

helps me get a point of reference as to what i should be expecting.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Carotenoid wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:45 pm Hi there - I see that I've been mentionned or something. Im not on my computer and Ill have more time later but if there's something you want me to adress quickly I'm semi here
Who are in your bottom 4 poe. Not 3, 4.
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:14 pm We think and play differently. When I'm scum, I sometimes try to implement *plans* with scum-beneficial results. When I'm town, I sometimes analyze posts based on seeing how a scum plan might be going. When I saw tutuu's repeated reminder, I thought "saying it again, with a reminder that he's repeating himself, is more insistent than I'd expect, hmm," and then "Ok, so now we have two people protecting nutella", and then a couple of little alarm bells started going off, and I saw a possible *plan*.

Subvert and insinuate into the nutella protection, attempt to create complacency on a night where a double kill can be directed at nutella. This is a plan that I would try, if I thought of it.

This is how I develop my suspicions. I can read twenty pages of Mafia, and every post can be "Well, they could say that as town of scum, I don't know." Even when other players are calling out "town posts" and "scum posts" all over the place, most of them are wrong or lucky in the early game, in my opinion. When I see something I think feels really towny, I call it out, and I tend to stick with that true feeling I had. Sometimes it's wrong; I called nutella out on a beautiful towny post in Escape From Trump Tower, and never questioned it, and she ate us alive.

Likewise, when I see something that strikes me as scummy, I call it out. I understand your perspective, that a town bunker can just be exerting their independence by adding extra protection to nutella, or by faking a protect to lull the Aliens into allowing a mittful of protections to survive later in the game. I'm not denying that's a possibility. I'm bringing up my perspective, that an Alien plan would look like this.
On a reread I think this is town. At the time this post was made a lot of people were disagreeing with me or even scumreding me for my attack on LC. It would have been very easy for LC to sit back and let them dogpile me, but he actively reached out and tried to get me to understand his view on things in a relatively calm and explanatory way, which he has little incentive to do if he's scum.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

im 22
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:51 pm actually is it allowed to ask for ages of players in the game or is that not allowed/frowned upon. People can not choose not to answer obviously.

Some people have it in their profiles. I'm 31.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think its rej + carotenoid + lc/nanook

or

alison + nanook + rej
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epignosis

Nanook
Dyslexicon

Long Con
protocultures

Hally
Mac

dunya
Alison
TonyStarkPrime

Carotenoid
Rej

I am pretty sure I mentioned when it changed. You changed after the soneji flip. I started to feel uncertain and that you could have been hiding behind early cred.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

alright cool
Alison

Post by Alison »

protocultures wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:51 pm actually is it allowed to ask for ages of players in the game or is that not allowed/frowned upon. People can not choose not to answer obviously.

I really wish you'd cut down on the "just stop being a snowflake"-esque stuff. It's unhelpful, unkind and doesn't contribute to a good environment for the game.

I see eye to eye with you on a lot of things and I think we approach the game in largely a similar way, especially in the way we think about the setup and think about how people should behave and how we treat deviations from our expectations. I echo your frustrations when people do something that is obviously wrong from a game theory point of view and I commend your efforts into putting in mathematical work in developing an optimal strategy for town.

However, it is clear to me that tutuu is clearly angry by the way things have gone in this game. You can tell, because she explicitly said that she was upset. Engaging with her in game is one thing, but sniping at her and provoking her emotional state with this kind of post (and similar posts you have made before) is really unkind. If tutuu is scum, there are better ways you can show her scumminess to nutella. If tutuu is town (which I think is very likely), you are straight up reducing the odds we win by making tutuu less effective at gamesolving because she's upset. And regardless of her alignment it is still kind of a dick move.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

(im not offiically diagnosed but i highly suspect i have BPD just btw. sorry if im too much to handle. lets not make this about me tho)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

(its cool)
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

(also i would have no qualms faking any kind of emotion for townreads if i was maf tbh)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

this is a good time to use the mod on duty [mention]Alison[/mention] [mention]protocultures[/mention] [mention]tutuu[/mention]

we're all friends here. :)

[mention]juliets[/mention]
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

Alison wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:58 pm

I really wish you'd cut down on the "just stop being a snowflake"-esque stuff. It's unhelpful, unkind and doesn't contribute to a good environment for the game.

I see eye to eye with you on a lot of things and I think we approach the game in largely a similar way, especially in the way we think about the setup and think about how people should behave and how we treat deviations from our expectations. I echo your frustrations when people do something that is obviously wrong from a game theory point of view and I commend your efforts into putting in mathematical work in developing an optimal strategy for town.

However, it is clear to me that tutuu is clearly angry by the way things have gone in this game. You can tell, because she explicitly said that she was upset. Engaging with her in game is one thing, but sniping at her and provoking her emotional state with this kind of post (and similar posts you have made before) is really unkind. If tutuu is scum, there are better ways you can show her scumminess to nutella. If tutuu is town (which I think is very likely), you are straight up reducing the odds we win by making tutuu less effective at gamesolving because she's upset. And regardless of her alignment it is still kind of a dick move.
Why would you think the question about age was aimed at Tutuu? I already guessed their age range on day 1.

In general, I am anti-snowflake this is correct.

I also think its not outside the realm of possibility to fake being upset to avoid questions.

I dont think anyone could have anticipated the posts that triggered Tutuu. I certainly didnt, and I dont think LC did either. If they are going to be so sensitive as to be offended by people who have no idea they would offend them, then again, I point to "should they be playing mafia?". Also, i think people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

proto, you are coming across as condescending whether intended or not. maybe take a step back from the thread for a bit
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

just shoot me day 2
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 3
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hi everyone, sorry I was away from the thread. Please treat each other with respect as you go through this game. Remember, this is just a game to take us away from the stresses of real life. I will be reaching out to a few of you to see how I can be of help.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]nutella[/mention] where's your head at? who's in your poe? what sorta digging do you want me to do?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i apologize proto i am aware i can be too much to handle sometimes. lets squash it and move on

alison arent u townreading too much ppl? from your pov its carrote + rej + who? arent u townreading everyone else
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:23 pm @nutella where's your head at? who's in your poe? what sorta digging do you want me to do?
Mmm idk. I'm unsure on a lot of people at this point.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:40 pm i apologize proto i am aware i can be too much to handle sometimes. lets squash it and move on

alison arent u townreading too much ppl? from your pov its carrote + rej + who? arent u townreading everyone else
Yes, I brought it up yesterday that I had too many townreads and so I have to be wrong about some of them. That is why I wanted to do the Nanook and Mac ISOs since I think they're the most likely ones that I'm wrong about.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i re-skimmed nanook hoping i could like scum read him actively on something, but he just seems too townie to me tbh.

i wish i didn't agree with mac that i couldn't suspect him.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i think proto is lock town for me ftr.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

people who aren't lock town to me atm:
carot
dizzy
rej
mac

if wifom, we would say dizzy is on the alien team and aliens felt confident hally was not protected n1.

rej/carot do not read w/w, gotta decide who i think is...wolfier. especially when a large portion of my suspicion on carot stems from her handling of rej specifically

time to iso tony. he's dropped off quite a bit...
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i should probably add LC, and im gonna look dumb when he is an alien, but i...town read him.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am i am not suggesting that i will be an independent agent like epi i am suggest that i be one of the person assigned to protect nutella

i (think) she has me as lock town, and this is me, a member of the TOWN, giving a suggestion to another member of the fucking TOWN on what should we do

im rage closing my internet tabs because i cant stand people sea-lioning me

for reference sea-lioning is

"Sealioning (also spelled sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment which consists of pursuing people with persistent requests for evidence or repeated questions, while maintaining a pretense of civility and sincerity.[1][2][3][4] It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"."

at least thats how i perceive it and i could very well be wrong etc etc whatever
you need to understand that not all questions directed your way are being asked directly by town or scum. Town has an additional goal of figuring out your alignment, scum obviously doesn't care. No one's sea lioning you.

Did you use a bunker last night?
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 421
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

okay but more fights broke out. fighting bad. not reading it I have too much to do.

Nutella shoot Carotte.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

final guess for the team: rej + carotte + nanook
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

why nanook, [mention]tutuu[/mention]
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:17 pm why nanook, @tutuu
nutella town
im town
proto town
you town

i believe dizzy saying he wouldnt kill hally

epi towny for being a solo agent and didnt he also say the same about killing hally?

tony i finally warmed up to and i think i understand him more now. i no longer "scumread his personality". personally i dont care about the soneji thing wrt tony

long con for his day 2, i think it was much better than his d1
(long con town i meant)

macD for his emotion on d1, and his "redemption arc" where he then started firing off cool sounding posts

alison im lowkey paranoid for being a mafia mastermind, but, thats only if she hard bussed carotte (and if carotte is maf in the first place) so i dont wanna think about it

so from my pov poe is nanook + rej + carotte
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

also i believe nanook is the only mafia syndicat-er from that group, and i believe he mentioned he would have no qualms about killing hally. let me check

(ftr i dont personally see the big deal about mafia killing a newcomer on the first night, isnt that a compliment actually? but regardless)
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:28 pm i believe dizzy saying he wouldnt kill hally
dizzy said they didn't say that though. how does that change your view on dizzy.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:47 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:41 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:32 pm @nutella why did you initially say the kill makes dizzy look better? I didn't follow.
I just don't think he'd kill Hally cause theyre like friends. It's dumb I guess. Obv he could wifom it. It's just a ~feeling~
Idk I kill my friends all the time lulz
well sort of. he didnt say exactly what i said he said but sort of
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:30 pm
tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:28 pm i believe dizzy saying he wouldnt kill hally
dizzy said they didn't say that though. how does that change your view on dizzy.
i still want to tr them
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 266
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Fwiw last time I saw this “x and y wouldn’t kill z N1” argument being made it turned out to be wrong, so.

It’s also kind of an inherently shitty argument but that’s another matter
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
protocultures
Drug Dealer

Post by protocultures »

tutuu wrote: Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:40 pm i apologize proto i am aware i can be too much to handle sometimes. lets squash it and move on
Im sorry for making dick posts, shouldnt happen again. You dont need to apologise for anything, im pretty thick skinned.

[mention]nutella[/mention]

Dont shoot me day 2.

btw I am not intentionally condescending, you can put it down to a personality flaw.

Return to “Previous Heists”