36%

Total votes: 11
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Hally »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:47 am In hindsight, I have entirely screwed up the town to mafia ratio in this game since I've given the entire town my unchoppableness. I think adding eight more wolves and a vigilante or two will set things right. Please stand by for new role pms.
Spoiler: show
:evileye:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

sabie12 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:55 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:47 am In hindsight, I have entirely screwed up the town to mafia ratio in this game since I've given the entire town my unchoppableness. I think adding eight more wolves and a vigilante or two will set things right. Please stand by for new role pms.
I was just going to say it would be funny if jack created a game that was just all town. It would be like a monsters are due on maple street type deal. Jack is the only real mafia making us all turn on each other.
this “what if we’re all town” speculation is, in my experience, more likely to actually come from town
Millium
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 520

Post by Millium »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:27 pm
I was just going to say it would be funny if jack created a game that was just all town. It would be like a monsters are due on maple street type deal. Jack is the only real mafia making us all turn on each other.
this “what if we’re all town” speculation is, in my experience, more likely to actually come from town
no thanks
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Your eyes get clouded. But if you have no such feelings…
you are capable of fighting right to the end of the world.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 372
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I like that take. Sabie town.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 am Alison has a 23 posts to 0 instances of the word "pure" ratio.

There's a civilian right there.
sorry, wdym?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:28 pm
no thanks
Welp
Friends can disagree, right? :grin:
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:29 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:14 am Alison has a 23 posts to 0 instances of the word "pure" ratio.

sorry, wdym?
Epi is joking.

proto came up with a really strong "Alison only uses the word pure when she's mafia" tell out of the blue in Space Invaders, and he was referencing that.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:28 pm
no thanks
it happens to be true, but ymmv
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:42 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:29 pm

sorry, wdym?
Epi is joking.

proto came up with a really strong "Alison only uses the word pure when she's mafia" tell out of the blue in Space Invaders, and he was referencing that.
oh

one day i will understand that epi is just a jokester :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i agree that fg is a bit meh so far but i wanna give her some space and some time to ease into the game

sprityo feels even more meh than fg tbh
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 138
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Wisp wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:58 pm make this easier for me
if you are town, raise your hand
o/
Wisp wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:00 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:59 pmo/
this guy is lock town

@Hally
you dont count, go away
i dont rly know wisp so idk if rxn testing as scum is something he'd do and actually try to world build with, but i gotta give some town points
Wisp wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:20 pm
Hally wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:18 pm what did i say about miller claims guys smh
well if it makes you feel better, I am not claiming miller lol

Nanook is more likely to meme claim, probably?
idk much about Tim and how he plays, so can't say
along with not claiming miller. scum would either claim miller (lol) or not say anything. they wouldn't claim not miller. so............ ok

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:04 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:02 am nanook i think the phrase you’re looking for is “town lean” :p
It’s considerably stronger

To rephrase....

I saw town indicative behavior from Epi. Epi is good enough to fake that behavior over a short amount of time. If he’s town, the behavior will continue. If he’s mafia, it won’t. So, he’s probably clear, but not 100% clear. Thus, soft locked
uhhh y'all shouldn't be town reading epi yet tho....
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

my no yeet pile atm is

epi
jay
daisy
wisp
nanook
sabie?
tony?

alison could be there maybe but idk. i simply dont have any confidence in my ability to read her. she’s someone i think id probably only get to by getting her teammates first. thinking about it more and i dont think drawing a comparison to how she played last game will be that fruitful because her whole team was in a very bad spot early on, including herself. i have no idea what she’d be capable of as scum when she has less pressure but my guess is “a lot”

colin
sprityo
kitsu
fg
wigly
lc

these are the names left out. feels like a pretty basic sorting but eh, gotta start somewhere
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I'm probably not going to get into the other pile.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:50 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:04 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:02 am nanook i think the phrase you’re looking for is “town lean” :p
It’s considerably stronger

To rephrase....

I saw town indicative behavior from Epi. Epi is good enough to fake that behavior over a short amount of time. If he’s town, the behavior will continue. If he’s mafia, it won’t. So, he’s probably clear, but not 100% clear. Thus, soft locked
uhhh y'all shouldn't be town reading epi yet tho....
why not?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:56 pm I'm probably not going to get into the other pile.
but its so nice in the other pile! all the cool kids are there!
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:04 am Epignosis is a civilian for shitting in my cereal when I wasn't here yet.

Hally is a civilian for being the first miller claim and for displaying ~[the energy]~

Wisp is a civilian for ordering me to vote for a dude before I determined I agreed with him.

sabie12 is a civilian for acknowledging the miller claim pile in a way that suggests she doesn't give a crap.
nai
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:17 am I see no reason to call Long Con a civilian.

I see no reason to call Funnygurl555 a civilian. I may harbor active suspicion of her merely for being so quiet to start an otherwise active game.

I see no reason to call DrWilgy a civilian.

I think other people are playing. Let me look. Yeah they have no posts yet.
scummy. it's easy to suspect anyone in this pile later on
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:31 am Note that we need to remain in a state of high urgency at all times. Jack is a host from the HC Realms tree, and that means we cannot trust conventional assumptions about how alignments may be distributed. When I see 15 players, I tend to assume 12 vs. 3 is the most standard. With Jack though, I will not count out 11 vs. 4 or even 10 vs. 5 (with potential independent involvement too). It depends upon the arrangements of the roles he has decided to feature.

The point is that we cannot fart around in a Jack game. Play hard at all times or suffer the consequences.
odd/nai?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:08 am
sprityo wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:05 am >game started and I didnt even know, alright bet
You're right on time. The game isn't difficult to read; the posts are small. I'm ready for your takes sprityo. You've an underrated penchant for making strong early reads, and you're also the only player on The Syndicate other than myself to be >50% in win rate with over 40 games played. Let's ruin those who would threaten our claim to glory, yes?
pocket attempt?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:36 am Given my [limited] experience playing with and observing Funnygurl, I would describe her civilian play as engaged, dangerous, and alive. She reminds me of Literal Jack in that way.

Her seven posts so far strike me as timid, and the miller claim is meaningless. This isn't the start I would anticipate from her.
e.e
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:42 am In a sprityo-knows-a-claimer-is-mafia-and-is-their-teammate-kind-of-TMI-manner-hyphen-words
scummy
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:14 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:10 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:09 am Nanook, whaddya like about Funnygurl?
Loose feeling entrance, scum are maybe a bit less likely to jokingly claim miller imo
She does this every game regardless of alignment. I've played a few games with her and I think she's null.
thx
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:16 am Wisp's push on nanook is really bad and JJJ's #269 and #270 are really bad.

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
ima town read alison 'cause we're mind melding
Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:29 am I see your explanation now Alison (for some reason stuff is getting missed in my linki) and yeah, that's just Jay.
i was gonna vote for jjj at the end of this but y'all are really saying this is his meta

ok
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:52 pm We are polar opposites in the most delightful way.
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:56 pm my no yeet pile atm is

epi
jay
daisy
wisp
nanook
sabie?
tony?

alison could be there maybe but idk. i simply dont have any confidence in my ability to read her. she’s someone i think id probably only get to by getting her teammates first. thinking about it more and i dont think drawing a comparison to how she played last game will be that fruitful because her whole team was in a very bad spot early on, including herself. i have no idea what she’d be capable of as scum when she has less pressure but my guess is “a lot”

colin
sprityo
kitsu
fg
wigly
lc

these are the names left out. feels like a pretty basic sorting but eh, gotta start somewhere
your scum pile is lhf fwiw. syndicate's good at both projecting town and distancing from team members. don't buy in to the ~pOe~s thanks
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Syndicate is really bad at clearing out the POE and it leads to a lot of otherwise unnecessary losses tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:59 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:56 pm I'm probably not going to get into the other pile.
but its so nice in the other pile! all the cool kids are there!
LOL definitely something I'm used to
Alison

Post by Alison »

I guess FG is scum after all

[VOTE: funnygurl] aubergine
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

[mention]Funnygurl555[/mention]
so you arent simply tunneling on Jagged because he is scum reading you?
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:03 pm

epi
jay
daisy
wisp
nanook
sabie?
tony?

colin
sprityo
kitsu
fg
wigly
lc

your scum pile is lhf fwiw. syndicate's good at both projecting town and distancing from team members. don't buy in to the ~pOe~s thanks
im aware! but at this stage of the game, that’s all i got

its not so much a scum pile as a “here are people i dont town read yet” pile
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

LOL
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:51 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:31 am Note that we need to remain in a state of high urgency at all times. Jack is a host from the HC Realms tree, and that means we cannot trust conventional assumptions about how alignments may be distributed. When I see 15 players, I tend to assume 12 vs. 3 is the most standard. With Jack though, I will not count out 11 vs. 4 or even 10 vs. 5 (with potential independent involvement too). It depends upon the arrangements of the roles he has decided to feature.

The point is that we cannot fart around in a Jack game. Play hard at all times or suffer the consequences.
Epignosis wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 9:54 am
Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:43 am still think the raised hand is townie points for Con, but I am interested in if that translates into his posts as well

@Epignosis
in regards to Nanook again, he is a big boy, if he has time to mock me by calling me Chad, then he has time to do stuff on day 1, instead of sitting behind this meta that is honestly completely NAI for him

still want you to tell me about his meta for your POV though
Raised hand? Chad?

LOL
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:08 pm I guess FG is scum after all

what did they just do to change ur mind?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

elaborate?
Alison

Post by Alison »

1) ISOing JJJ for no reason with no strong conclusion makes me think it was a timewaster designed to generate fake content

2) Townreading me for mindmelding with her when she's seen me pocket people by mindmelding with them as scum on a couple of occasions now

3) Horrible shade throw on Hally's reads list
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i still town read u ;_____________;
Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:08 pm @Funnygurl555
so you arent simply tunneling on Jagged because he is scum reading you?
naaaaaaaaaaah. but i do sus people who sus me when i'm town. i'm lhf so it *is* data.

but every time i do that i also get my panties up in a bunch and have bad early game reads. anyways i'ma ignore jjj's posts for now 'cause y'all are saying he's nai
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:09 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:03 pm

epi
jay
daisy
wisp
nanook
sabie?
tony?

colin
sprityo
kitsu
fg
wigly
lc

im aware! but at this stage of the game, that’s all i got

its not so much a scum pile as a “here are people i dont town read yet” pile
r u townreading most of the game then
Alison

Post by Alison »

If I had a 1-shot dayvig I would use it on FG right now with no hesitation

or maybe wait a couple of pages for her to spew her partners and then do it
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

heyheyhey no need to use guns

i still think ur town tho so its ok
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:11 pm 1) ISOing JJJ for no reason with no strong conclusion makes me think it was a timewaster designed to generate fake content

2) Townreading me for mindmelding with her when she's seen me pocket people by mindmelding with them as scum on a couple of occasions now

number 2 is not really a valid point because she was agreeing with you, not the other way around. you cant be pocketing her in that case

as for the other two, eh. i dont think she was throwing shade at me really and idc about her iso
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:16 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:11 pm 1) ISOing JJJ for no reason with no strong conclusion makes me think it was a timewaster designed to generate fake content

number 2 is not really a valid point because she was agreeing with you, not the other way around. you cant be pocketing her in that case

as for the other two, eh. i dont think she was throwing shade at me really and idc about her iso
That is exactly how I pocketed proto in the Space Invaders game. I made posts I knew he would agree with and then he came in afterwards and trusted me because he agreed with everything I said. If I can pocket someone I've never played a game with this way then I can definitely pocket someone who I've known for over a year this way.

Why are you trying to defend FG rather than letting her speak for herself?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:12 pm r u townreading most of the game then
yup! already said this is how i always sort early on
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:38 am
KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:32 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:12 am
KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:01 am I am here and trying to catch up. Holy crap, y’alls play style is hella different than what I’m used to. 😂
At this point nobody is used to anybody’s style anymore. We morph with the passing breeze. I am e x c i t e d for your t a k e s.
It's definitely more fast-paced than I'm used to! I'm still trying to read through the thread (I'm off from work today and have my 4 year old up my backside, lol) and get used to the site's navigation. I should be good in a little bit.
I’ve got a one and a half year old crawling all over me I can relate
BABIES
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

I agree on point 1 and 3
but mindmelding town reads tend to be either Townie towards NAI, meh

I got the same vibe from their reaction to Hally's read list
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:19 pm
Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:12 pm r u townreading most of the game then
oh ok. u do u. i got my eye on u tho :eye:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:18 pm

That is exactly how I pocketed proto in the Space Invaders game. I made posts I knew he would agree with and then he came in afterwards and trusted me because he agreed with everything I said. If I can pocket someone I've never played a game with this way then I can definitely pocket someone who I've known for over a year this way.

how would you know she’d agree with you before she even said anything though?

and idk, i just think you’re jumping the gun and should let her ease into things more before being all “id murder fg on the spot rn.” but ill leave you to it
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:20 pm
why?
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

i believe that u will come around to reading me correctly on ur own
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 390

Post by Epignosis »

KitsuShel wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:01 am I am here and trying to catch up. Holy crap, y’alls play style is hella different than what I’m used to. 😂
What are you used to?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:22 pm
why?
i got my eye on everyone until they're lock clear :slick:
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:21 pm

and idk, i just think you’re jumping the gun and should let her ease into things more before being all “id murder fg on the spot rn.” but ill leave you to it
Because I've known her for over a year. I pocketed proto because I knew what kind of person he was and how he would react to certain posts. I know FG better than I know proto.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Funnygurl555 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:24 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:22 pm
why?
i got my eye on everyone until they're lock clear :slick:
but i am lock clear. i claimed miller :p
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 390

Post by Epignosis »

Wisp wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:18 am how the hell does Nanook have 75 posts...
He's too busy not doing things.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why do you want me to let FG ease into things more? If she's scum she should be under pressure. If she's not scum, that will show in her responses to my pressure. That is in fact the whole reason players apply pressure to people they find suspicious, because it helps them sort their alignment and also helps them convince other townies to lynch that player if need be.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:25 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:21 pm

Because I've known her for over a year. I pocketed proto because I knew what kind of person he was and how he would react to certain posts. I know FG better than I know proto.
do you actually expect that fg would enter a game and see you post a take she agrees with before she herself has said anything and go “alison must have said this thing specifically to pocket me, i cant town read her now”? that doesnt feel like a reasonable expectation to me, but if you think it is based on your history with her, again i’ll leave you to it
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why do you have your eye on her? Do you think Hally was lying when she said townreading a lot of people is how she usually sorts them?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:27 pm Why do you want me to let FG ease into things more? If she's scum she should be under pressure. If she's not scum, that will show in her responses to my pressure. That is in fact the whole reason players apply pressure to people they find suspicious, because it helps them sort their alignment and also helps them convince other townies to lynch that player if need be.
In my experience townFG does not respond particularly productively to pressure. YMMV, that’s been my experience 🤷‍♀️
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:27 pm Why do you want me to let FG ease into things more? If she's scum she should be under pressure. If she's not scum, that will show in her responses to my pressure. That is in fact the whole reason players apply pressure to people they find suspicious, because it helps them sort their alignment and also helps them convince other townies to lynch that player if need be.
because i want everyone to love each other :biggrin:

no really, idk. i probably should have stayed out of it
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:28 pm do you actually expect that fg would enter a game and see you post a take she agrees with before she herself has said anything and go “alison must have said this thing specifically to pocket me, i cant town read her now”? that doesnt feel like a reasonable expectation to me, but if you think it is based on your history with her, again i’ll leave you to it
I think FG has played with me often enough as scum to know that I frequently make logical, sensible posts that raise good points as scum, and therefore the act of saying something she agrees with is at best NAI. I don't see her going "oh, Alison is saying something that I agree with, she must be town" for the same reason it would be strange to see someone who has played with nanook go "oh, nanook seems very relaxed and carefree, he must be town".
Funnygurl555
Drug Dealer

Post by Funnygurl555 »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:29 pm
In my experience townFG does not respond particularly productively to pressure. YMMV, that’s been my experience 🤷‍♀️
ya i dont like pressure :(

Return to “Previous Jobs”