A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:53 pm The conspiracy theory is that the tutuu counterwagon is a false flag to make counterwagon attempts look silly in general but I don't think I can get there on sprityo being that manipulative as scum lol
A thing I always try to keep in mind about wolves is that Sprit, if wolf, does not have to have come up with the idea by themselves. If there is a high end manipulator in the wolf chat it could be an assignment. In my first wolf game my active partner did all kinds of devious and manipulative things that he had never done before.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:58 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm it's interesting that very few people are willing to commit to a read on nanook
he thought / still is convinced there are 4 mafia not 5 so thats my reason to townread him otherwise he's pretty hard to read (generally speaking)
i wouldnt clear him for this in particular but you do you
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm it's interesting that very few people are willing to commit to a read on nanook
Honestly it's because nanook would play D1 fairly similarly as either alignment and he keeps his cards close enough to his chest regardless of his faction that he often ends up being a wait and see slot whose alignment ends up being sorted by gamestate stuff. (eg. In amdibals game opinion of nanook was mixed and went back and forth until eventually we agreed that it was not a winning play for wolf nook to unconditionally sheep Mac and just sorted him as town from then on)
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 pm i thought jules saying she read jpic’s iso and came away thinking he had a certain pr was towny because i don’t think scum openly pr hunts itt
[mention]nutella[/mention] what do you think of this? do you think that’s something jules comes out and says itt as scum?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

I am being dissed for my reads, but I did say what I meant and meant what I said about Nanook.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i’m still not feeling it with nut. something is still missing there for me and it just strikes me as off. i’m not really feeling inspired to move off
Alison

Post by Alison »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm why would you ask nutella to re-evaluate her confidence levels in reading you if you think she's just scum making up a case on you and/or doing this solely out of self-pres
I actually want to know this juliets it's bugging me
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:55 pm @nutella can you just full claim? i’m not sure there’s any point waiting because your wagon doesn’t seem to be dissipating and we have an hr left
the details are complicated but im essentially a very limited doctor
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im not really seeing what she’s seeing with jules for example
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

remind me tim
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:03 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:55 pm @nutella can you just full claim? i’m not sure there’s any point waiting because your wagon doesn’t seem to be dissipating and we have an hr left
can you claim everything? details, etc
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:55 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:42 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:36 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:21 pm [VOTE: juliets] aubergine
can you like, lay out all your reasons for scum reading jules in one post? i’m still not really clear on why you’re so confident in this
she has obvious tmi on me, also perhaps on mac and ted
her reasons for jumping on my wagon were overjustified and extremely weak and all just things that are either nai or town indicative for me
all of her posts have really stilted tone and there are a few other things that felt like potential tmi/weird assumptions
i think literally all of her posts have made me :fry:
nutella - have you gone back and looked at Coronavirus Mafia? You tunneled me mercilessly for my tone mostly throughout the game and I was town. What has made you suddenly a good reader of my tone since then?

My reasons for scum reading you were not over justified - you're just using that phrase because it has a negative connotation. Others had similar reads of you, are they also wolves?

I have no TMI because I don't know who is scum, town, and rogue in this game. What makes you think I have TMI on you?

I think you are just pounding the person you perceive as the weakest voting for you.
I was doubtful of my read of you at first precisely because it was just tone and I've been wrong about your tone before, but you really didn't stop pinging me with every post and the suspicion is more based in the content of your posts than just the tone now
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:57 pm why would you ask nutella to re-evaluate her confidence levels in reading you if you think she's just scum making up a case on you and/or doing this solely out of self-pres
Because we just went through this in Coronavirus Mafia and I'm exasperated. I should probably just ignore her accusations because at this point she won't re-evaluate and if anyone else feels the same way I can address the issues then (assuming I live through the night). My bad for responding.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

why are you still being vague about your role claim like half an hour before you're due to flip
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

mafia flip d1 = town loss

town flip d1 = we have a chance
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:01 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:56 pm i thought jules saying she read jpic’s iso and came away thinking he had a certain pr was towny because i don’t think scum openly pr hunts itt
@nutella what do you think of this? do you think that’s something jules comes out and says itt as scum?
yes and I think you townclearing her for that of all things is p unreasonable lol. "why would they say this in thread instead of scumchat" is pretty much always a bad take
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:07 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:01 pm
@nutella what do you think of this? do you think that’s something jules comes out and says itt as scum?
yes and I think you townclearing her for that of all things is p unreasonable lol. "why would they say this in thread instead of scumchat" is pretty much always a bad take
ok. i also just don’t have a problem with her posts generally but that specific thing pinged me towny
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

it feels like nothing is gonna happen here
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:51 pm reading sprityo town because you like the idea of getting a second wagon going is like praising an ice cube because you like the idea of ending global warming
Ok. I just see a like-minded player who's not satisfied with a slow roll over nutella.
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:52 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:48 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:50 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:47 pm
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:42 pm sprityo do you genuinely believe you have the clout to convince people to exe tutuu despite half the game townshielding her or is this case entirely performative? Like you can see that there's 90 minutes to EoD and there's 10 votes on nutella right?
so is there any point to doing anything? i don't think anyone on her wagon is interested in moving
I guess my general point is that this entire push seems excessively performative and when you get down to it, it's just hiding on a vanity wagon tbh
I think his case on tutuu was towny. I like the idea of trying to get a second wagon going.
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:30 pm what is everyones favorite radiohead album?
The Bends
I've openly advocated for the idea of a counter-wagon. I think Sprit casing and pushing at an immovable object contributes to why we don't have one. "We need a counterwagon, case the most widely townread person and wonder why the towncore says no" isn't how to produce one.
I townread your advocacy.
Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:03 pm i’m still not feeling it with nut. something is still missing there for me and it just strikes me as off. i’m not really feeling inspired to move off
Same-same.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

there’s scum on nut regardless of her alignment atp
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:04 pmremind me tim
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 pm Current opinion on Nanook. Summary: Day one light wolf, would chop
Nanook being usual happy self, which is pure NAI

The Nutella interactions over soup, with lingering vote is a bad look.
Not much to go on, as day one is just day one, but that does stand out. I mean we have a runaway wagon, and Nanook is content to ride it apparently on a disagreement over soup. It seems either opportunist or bussy depending how Nut flips, but not good in any event that he didn't really explore any further.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:04 pm
ok i'm pyramid song
every night I send in three guesses for matching a song/role title to a player and if I ever get any right I can add them to my "boat" and can then protect them on future nights
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:10 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 11:00 pm Current opinion on Nanook. Summary: Day one light wolf, would chop

Not much to go on, as day one is just day one, but that does stand out. I mean we have a runaway wagon, and Nanook is content to ride it apparently on a disagreement over soup. It seems either opportunist or bussy depending how Nut flips, but not good in any event that he didn't really explore any further.
nanook is voting hally
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:10 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:04 pm
ok i'm pyramid song
every night I send in three guesses for matching a song/role title to a player and if I ever get any right I can add them to my "boat" and can then protect them on future nights
hmmmm

does this seem made up anyone?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

like I guess it could be useful if people are willing to openly claim their roles and stuff but i didn't want to push for that right away
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

ngl i'm a little handicapped compared to the regulars here because I don't know what roles are common in these games or what sloonei's style is or how people tend to play here. just a little frustrating
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella's claim is effectively a doctor claim. It's also relatively proveable. It is not correct to yeet her after this claim.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:12 pm like I guess it could be useful if people are willing to openly claim their roles and stuff but i didn't want to push for that right away
i feel like your role could be scum role but instead of protective it’d be a negative action

this is totally baseless spec though
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

like how is nutella supposed to ever match ppl's songs to their names ever

how many radiohead songs are there. 50? 100?

shes supposed to blindly guess 3 songs?

what is this, a 1% success rate doctor?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: tim] aubergine
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:13 pm Nutella's claim is effectively a doctor claim. It's also relatively proveable. It is not correct to yeet her after this claim.
how is it provable? what if she’s an anti-claim role and is trying to get ppl to claim?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:14 pm like how is nutella supposed to ever match ppl's songs to their names ever

i thought people would hint with lyrics and stuff and i'm quite familiar with the discography so i was hoping i could pick some up if so
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:14 pm like how is nutella supposed to ever match ppl's songs to their names ever

i thought people would hint with lyrics and stuff and i'm quite familiar with the discography so i was hoping i could pick some up if so
and why would people do that?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Obviously she needs to look out for people alluding to their song or claiming their song and then targeting them.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467

Post by staypositivefriend »

maybe im tinfoiling but nutella's claim feels like a last-ditch effort to see if she can get people to claim their roles
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:11 pm

nanook is voting hally
Yeah this is the runaway wagon problem. His read on Nutella didn't change for a long time (might have recently, dunno) and vote movements don't really have to correspond. My bad though on not checking current vote.

Might be interesting to ask [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] what he thinks of Nutella long about now and why.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

The role is believable to me. Now what?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

idk i’m hesitant to buy the claim because op says there are roles/mechanics that could make claiming harmful
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 pm

and why would people do that?
Why would people hint what their Radiohead song is in a role madness game? Is this a real question? Because people do things like that...
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I want to go in the boat.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i dont know what the meta on this site is re: lynching PR claims but i personally don't care about it. if someone is scum then i wanna lynch them regardless of their claim. i don't find nutella's claim compelling enough to switch
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 pm maybe im tinfoiling but nutella's claim feels like a last-ditch effort to see if she can get people to claim their roles
mindmeld
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella will be outed at some point if she's fake imo.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 pm maybe im tinfoiling but nutella's claim feels like a last-ditch effort to see if she can get people to claim their roles
i specifically didn't want to full claim for this reason lol. i'm afraid of potential negative consequences of claiming so i was hoping to go off hints
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: nanook] aubergine because his auto-suspicion of me was suspicious in its laziness and insincerity.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:13 pm Nutella's claim is effectively a doctor claim. It's also relatively proveable. It is not correct to yeet her after this claim.
Smart.
MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:14 pm [VOTE: tim] aubergine
Dumb.
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:11 pm

nanook is voting hally
Yeah this is the runaway wagon problem. His read on Nutella didn't change for a long time (might have recently, dunno) and vote movements don't really have to correspond. My bad though on not checking current vote.

Might be interesting to ask @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME what he thinks of Nutella long about now and why.
I thought she was kinda town and explicitly expressed a desire for her to not get killed today

I now think her claim is fucking weird for mafia and I’m ride or die with her for today at least
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

MacDougall wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:17 pm Nutella will be outed at some point if she's fake imo.
that's true, but i'd much rather lynch a scum on d1 instead of letting them live until late-game solely because they made up a fakeclaim
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:17 pm [VOTE: nanook] aubergine because his auto-suspicion of me was suspicious in its laziness and insincerity.
It was literally an RNGed list my dude
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:16 pm i dont know what the meta on this site is re: lynching PR claims but i personally don't care about it. if someone is scum then i wanna lynch them regardless of their claim. i don't find nutella's claim compelling enough to switch
im pretty sure this is role madness so if we never yeet ppl with claims we won’t ever yeet anyone

Return to “Previous Jobs”