60%

Total votes: 10
chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 175

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia

Post by chardonnay »

[mention]Nutella[/mention] [mention]PSINightmareEmpower[/mention]

What are your thoughts on the wagons that aren't on UG?
hi-lo
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

Back again to update my thoughts.

For the record, I highly doubt the U-G thing will go through today, and I am perfectly fine with moving to another wagon to push a chop through, as long as I think there's a good chance it's on a wolf. However, I'm not super thrilled about the prospect of voting on someone like, say, Cass or LC. While they are currently in my scumlean, it feels like such a Scum!Me thing to do if the wagon is on a townie. I've sheeped other people's reads on the basis of "that argument sounds solid" and "my gut agrees with that" and jumped on the bandwagon just to push a vote through in my past games as scum, and I'm legitimately surprised nobody called me out on it. I simply don't feel comfortable doing something I know for a fact Scum!Me would do. So unless it comes down to the wire and we just *need that flip*, I'm not voting either of those wagons until I come up with my *own* reason for voting.

Sorry U-G! I get that you feel stressed, I felt it too. Hope you can get into the swing of things soon!

Some read updates since a bit has changed since my last readlist:
Spoiler: show
I realized that I have not mindmelded with Alison once this entire game, in the slightest. Which is interesting, because I have with most of my other townreads. Part of me wants to say that that means she's not on the same team as me, but the more likely explanation is that she and I just have wildly different playstyles and ways of forming reads, so we're just not likely to agree on much. Dunno. Maybe I'll drop her down to moderate townlean.

Carot is one of those people that the more they post, the more I want to townread them. But I still feel like I should stick to my guns. I do think I might be right in thinking she's scum here, but she's so persistent I'm starting to waver. Gonna try and stand firm in my scumread of her though.

Cayvie is moving into townlean. I'm starting to really get town vibes from her. I'm glad I'm able to sort her now, even though it might change--it's just a relief to have an actual read.

Chardonnay is moving down to super super light townlean. They haven't quite left their wolfrange yet I don't think, and I'm feeling less confident in my townread of them.

Fatmo is leaning town for their large post now. It felt like a genuine town post. Don't know their meta though so idk if that's something they could write as scum.

Gonna put Nutella as town as well just for the fact that she agreed with my vote. Last game when I had a vote on someone who turned out to be mafia, Carot sheeped me on my read and she was town. This feels similar. Maybe I'm drawing too many parallels here and she just got in my good graces by agreeing with me, but that's how I feel about it right now. Could totally change though.

U-G is obviously a scumlean for me. Felt like putting that here for some reason.
Most of these are moving people to townlean. I'm glad I have more townreads now.

I gotta say, I'm not super thrilled with the fact that I was being scumread by a lot of people, and now I'm being town/nullread for the most part; not because of my own play, but because my Starmen friends had to come to the rescue. There's nothing inherently wrong with that I suppose, it just makes me feel sad that the read wasn't reversed for my own play but for other people helping me out. Wonder if I would have gotten chopped if I wasn't in this game with my Starmen peeps...?

Unfortunately, the Day ends at a pretty bad time for me. I will be around about 3-ish hours from EoD, but I won't be around right before. I'll try to make my final vote before then, but I won't have time for any ISO-ing on anyone before the Day ends. I will try to do some rereading and ISO-ing during the Night phase and Day 2 though.
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

^if you aren't super thrilled about the prospect of LC, or Cassowary, How do you feel about Jack?
hi-lo
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

Jack?

Also writing a binary readlist right now.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:40 am @Nutella @PSINightmareEmpower

What are your thoughts on the wagons that aren't on UG?
I'm currently ~fine with going for jiwon or lc today, not so much for cass or cayvie as I lean town on them
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 197
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by cayvie »

did a reread and here's a rough ordering before i go to bed.

cayvie
carotenoid
DDL
PSINE
Fatmo
chardonnay
Alison
Nutella

_________would vote below this line
Long Con
UG
Jack

_________would happily vote below this line

cassowary
Wilgy
DJNS
Jiwon

(dov, KS)
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

a big part of my reread was to distinguish chardonnay from cassowary in my mind XD. it worked.

incidentally, i've noticed that several people have had trouble keeping those two straight, and i wonder if this might not be alignment indicative in some way. at least, if one of them flips mafia, i would look at everyone who appeared to have trouble distinguishing the two and consider giving them some town points.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I'll be back for the last 3 hours of the phase
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

All right, binary list I can do.

Strong to moderate town/unwilling to vote:
Alison
Cayvie
Nutella

Mild to super super light townlean/likely won't vote:
Fatmo
DDL
Chardonnay
JoH

Perfectly null/we probably have better options but I could vote:
Dov
Wilgy
Kitsu
Jiwon

Super super light to mild scumlean/would vote pretty easily:
Neutron
LC
Carot
Cass

Moderate to strong scum/100% okay with voting:
U-G
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

let's look at DJNS. what i see in their iso (it's short, if you wanna read it) is someone who is clearly reading the thread but who has expressed very few opinions. i also see someone who is having trouble coming up with things to say. for example:
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:27 am
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:23 am
Neutron's call out on PSInightmare look more like disagreeing with a play then forming a read. Im interested if Neutron does have a read on PISnightmare.

scum lean, but it's off of two posts so lol. i'm not stubborn enough for a D1 tunnel

i imagine i'll find something else to hyperfixate on tomorrow
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:48 pm evening folks

if anyone has any suggestions on things or people in the thread i should be focusing on, let me know

there isn't anything in particular i'm finding myself able to focus on so i could use some direction, admittedly
[v]DJ Neutron Star[/v]
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

[VOTE: DJ Neutron Star] aubergine
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

his iso*
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

@Chardonnay I'm just going to assume you meant Jiwon because they're the only other wagon.

Yeah, I don't really see it, mostly because I've seen too many townies do basically the same thing. I suppose I can get behind it, if that's what we want to do, but to me personally they're just null.
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

It looks like it'll probably be between Cassowary, and Jiwon for me then.

I wanted to see what would happen if a wagon was started on Jack, but it might be too late for that. I guess im subconsciously still playing as if there was a longer day phase then there is haha.

I think i'll go ahead and go to bed so that way I can check on things in the morning before I head out.

-/-/-/-

Pre-edit

If Neutron Star gets a wagon then I could support that as well.
hi-lo
chardonnay
The Mark

Post by chardonnay »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:00 am @Chardonnay I'm just going to assume you meant Jiwon because they're the only other wagon.

Yeah, I don't really see it, mostly because I've seen too many townies do basically the same thing. I suppose I can get behind it, if that's what we want to do, but to me personally they're just null.
I meant Jack of hearts. Sorry, I guess I did specify wagons already available huh? lol
hi-lo
DJ Neutron Star
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: he/him, she/her

Post by DJ Neutron Star »

chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:48 pm
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:34 pm @chardonnay
can i confirm why you're voting cassowary? you haven't said much immediately about them outside of 'something' feeling off and currently disagreeing with their PSINE read
Mmm, the observation is mostly gut fueled. Cassowary comes across as trying to blend while reading through their ISO. This is especially notable in the forcing a read that they weren't really confidant in, (PSINightmare).

Its not necessarily a lock-in vote for me. D1 im down to vote anybody I dont have reasons for town reading. So that's like scum reads, light scum reads, and low posting nulls.

What are your thoughts on Cassowary?
cassowary's vote feels a bit odder the more i look at it mainly bc of the reasoning, mainly talking about Long Con being reactive/posting agreements to things. Esp. since cassowary's own playstyle is similar to that, i find it an odd thing for them to automatically consider voteworthy like that

it reads like cassowary just sort of choosing someone who was being voted and naming some generic scumtell that could apply to them at the time

a cassowary vote is my preference here

[VOTE: cassowary] aubergine
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

Oh, gotcha. Jack is super mild gut townlean for me, but I will try to do an ISO later. Idk if anyone else sees anything sus in their posting, but I personally don't?

I could get behind Neutron as well.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:06 am Oh, gotcha. Jack is super mild gut townlean for me, but I will try to do an ISO later. Idk if anyone else sees anything sus in their posting, but I personally don't?

I could get behind Neutron as well.
the only particularly sus thing i remember of jack's was how he was like "let's see what i missed" and then never posted again. that could be real life getting in the way tho so i don't want to read too much into it.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

I guess I sort of agree with Neutron's vote on Cass though? Idk. Too many options, not enough coordination.

Kinda silly of me to worry about my post count earlier in the day. 66 is actually quite generous, especially since the Day phases are a lot shorter than on Starmen. I honestly don't think I'll need to worry about it at all. watch as I blow through 48 posts in one hour

Gonna retire for the night, I'll be back tomorrow.
DJ Neutron Star

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:58 am let's look at DJNS. what i see in their iso (it's short, if you wanna read it) is someone who is clearly reading the thread but who has expressed very few opinions. i also see someone who is having trouble coming up with things to say. for example:
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:27 am
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 1:23 am
Neutron's call out on PSInightmare look more like disagreeing with a play then forming a read. Im interested if Neutron does have a read on PISnightmare.

scum lean, but it's off of two posts so lol. i'm not stubborn enough for a D1 tunnel

i imagine i'll find something else to hyperfixate on tomorrow
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:48 pm evening folks

if anyone has any suggestions on things or people in the thread i should be focusing on, let me know

there isn't anything in particular i'm finding myself able to focus on so i could use some direction, admittedly
[v]DJ Neutron Star[/v]
yeah i haven't had much to say and i apologize for that

i read by hyperfocusing on one particular person or thread event at a time, but my brain's not been cooperating with me on finding something to fixate on so i've had a big mental block most of today
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

hmmmm i don't think DJNS/cassowary are w/w.

i don't think DJ comes in, sees my post about him, and decides to hop on a bus.
DJ Neutron Star

I wanted to put PSINE out of my head for a bit but seeing my posts again made me remember something

I disagree with some of the meta townreads I recall she was getting (from Carotenoid and chardonnay iirc) and personally i find tonereading her very not possible— she has incredibly pure tone as both alignments

i'm kinda just letting it slide for a while because i think there could be better tells for her, mainly based on her reads
DJ Neutron Star

Immediate thoughts while my brain's working a bit better are that Alison, Dragon D. Luffy, and Ultimate-Gamer are my current townreads

Alison primarily for the roleclaim

Off gut alone, I've consistently felt good about DDL posts when I've read them and think he's town

I also think UG's reaction comes from town; I'm not sure about his chardonnay take though? I think a fair bit of that read was a result of being anxious i'm leaning lightly town on chardonnay myself but i'm not certain
cassowary
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: she or they

Post by cassowary »

I concur with Neutron on the futility of tone-reading PSI. (Pedit: but I disagree w/ him on U-G's posts coming from town)

I don't really know how to respond to the description of my playstyle as "reactive" or "trying to blend in." I mean, yes, I am reacting to stuff in the thread and giving my thoughts on it. And if I'm trying to blend, I'm apparently doing a terrible job at it.

Truth be told, I'm generally pretty bad at d1 stuff -- I usually don't really know what to say early on, I tend to do better with solving-type stuff in the later game. And I'm definitely feeling that hard right now.

I guess here's thoughts:

I feel like chardonnay and carotenoid in particular have been pushing me hard into "consensus scumread" territory based on mostly "I just feel like cassowary's posts have a weird tone"-type stuff, which I don't really know how to defend against, but it feels kind of like something you can say without much to back it up.

I stand by my LC vote at the time, and I still find his... aggressive response to suspicions of him a little strange, but also I don't know him and maybe this is just how he is always? The people who know him don't seem concerned, at least.

U-G continues to seem nervous. That paranoid response to the post that wasn't about him was very strange, and this isn't really the kind of tone I normally see from him. I can definitely see these posts coming from a U-G who's nervous at rolling scum on a new site with a bunch of people he doesn't know.

Regarding Jiwon, it's unfortunate that he hasn't contributed literally anything, but in my recent experience that doesn't really mean anything as regards alignment. (It's just Cave of the Past all over again...) So I'm wary of casting a vote based purely on shitpostiness because I've led that charge in the past and been horribly wrong.

I am going to sleep but will be back tomorrow morning before EOD. I'm going to move my vote onto U-G so I'm at least putting it to slightly more productive use??

[VOTE: Ultimate-Gamer] aubergine
cassowary
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: she or they

Post by cassowary »

DJ Neutron Star wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:05 am it reads like cassowary just sort of choosing someone who was being voted and naming some generic scumtell that could apply to them at the time
Excuse double post here, I'm on my phone so quoting is annoying, but this is not why I voted LC. Perhaps I should have made my case using more quotes of LC at the time, but his ISO at the time was like mostly mechanical speculation (elements and hypothetical vote-restricted mafia role) and a couple off topic posts, then he sort of vaguely agreed with the psi case, then suddenly jumped back in with a vote on Cayvie. It kind of read to me as all over the place, like he wasn't really paying attention to the thread very much.

He's had more to say now though, but that was my reasoning at the time. Just want to clear that up.
Ultimate-Gamer
Posts in topic: 10
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Ultimate-Gamer »

chardonnay wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:33 am
Ultimate-Gamer wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 9:30 pm Speaking of speaking my mind and familiar metas... I REALLY feel like Grendel would know that? Like, how anxious I am in new situations and stuff... It feels REALLY weird that he'd throw that kind of shade and then keep on about it. Like, REALLY weird... This actually legit feels like a scummy Grendel play...
I don't recall you being noticeably nervous in that offsite game we played together a long time ago, and generally your early game persona tends to wax confidence on HS. I know I read your camp game a few years ago (was it really that long ago?), and I honestly didn't recall you getting this nervous in the early game.

Im not sure where I "kept on about it" as I think the only other time before this I mentioned it was because Alison attributed it to Cassowary instead of me.

The remark was jab to see if I could elicit a response from you. It did. Im thinking its a town response. Im aware of your tendency to be wary of me means that as town you'd be prone to aggression me here, meanwhile scum you would pull back in this situation.
I… Suppose… I guess I never saw it that way. I’m perfectly comfortable on starmen obviously, and if I play anywhere else I’m nervous as fuck. Like the most stressed I’ve ever been in my entire life was the Championships on MU. Buuuuuut it’s good experience and it’s good to get out of your comfort zone, see new ways to play bla bla bla.

Anywho, that’s not what I’m here for. I got JUST enough time before I pass out on my keyboard to actually get some reads in and ISO some people.

I WAS gonna do people from my home site, Chardonnay, Cassowary, Nooter, Carot and PSINE.

And while I still wanna get those people sorted, ESPECIALLY Chardonnay who’s response is… Fine? I REALLY wanna get him sorted sooner rather than later.

But I think it’s MORE pressing that I analyze some of these mini wagons we got here. I feel like that would lend where I stand better to the town better than strictly home site group.

So so far we got:
Cassowary
Cayvie
DJ Neutron Star
Jiwon
Long Con

Let’s start with Cassowary.. I gotta admit their opening here feels… Disingenuous a bit? I’m getting vibes of “This is a first post that a townie makes” and it doesn’t feel quite… Real. Their read on PSINE feels this way too. I feel like they’re taking advantage of a good opportunity to paint someone as “wishywashy”. Especially when they themselves pull back after getting just a little pressure.

I DO like the game solving they do later on though with Jiwon and Cayvie. And then later when really pushed they just kinda throw their hands up and say “I don’t know what to tell ya bud” just sounds like a cornered townie who doesn’t know what to say. AND their vote on me feels legitimate. Like despite the behavior in the beginning THIS read feels like there was honest thought behind it and NOT someone trying to pretend. Even if that conclusion is wrong.

This… Might be a hot take but… I’m getting more of a townie lean from this.

Okay let’s move onto Cayvie
Starts of explaining the divisions in the elements and characters… Kinda gets into it with Alison about power roles… Gets really heated with Alison… I don’t Know Cayvie very well but from a scum perspective, what would be gained by this? Like, I’d like to imagine that if Cayvie was startin to but heads with Alison, what would they gain by keeping it up and standing their ground on this? They could have easily said “oh shoot you’re right” and blended RIGHT back in. This doesn’t feel like someone with something to hide ya know?

Yeah the more I read the more I’m seeing a townie actively trying to solve the game to the best of their ability and not concerning themselves with trying to be not noticed. I’m feeling a better town read I think.

Now for Nooter:
I stand by what I said before, Nooter’s read against PSINE was not the best. It feels like someone taking advantage of a situation and then does it again with Cassowary.... It’s still kinda nullish but I’m starting to feel better about a scum read on Nooter here…

I’m also starting to get VERY tired and can kinda feel my thoughts slipping a bit. I still wanna do Jiwon and Long Con.

But before I do I’d LIKE to get some people’s thoughts.

[mention]chardonnay[/mention] [mention]PSINightmareEmpower[/mention]

Mind lending me your thoughts about this Nooter here? Does it feel like "taking advantage" to you?
Dag yo...
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

[VOTE: Jiwon] aubergine

Hmn I realized that I might not be able to be around for EoD :/
Anyway. I think my preferred flip is Jiwon. Would be okay with cassowary, DDL or DJ too. Don't want to flip cayvie or UG.
ImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Alison »

PSI is locktown for the "I think this is a good idea but I'm not doing it because it's what scum me would do" spiel.

Jiwon still hasn't voted so I'm locking my vote in there as well.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Okay, I am notoriously bad at not being around for EODs, so don't expect me to be around during that time. Here's where I think this town should be going.

1) The town is pretty stagnant as it is. We're nearly to EOD of D1 and it's been 7 pages. (Like I said, postcaps make people slow down their posting a lot.) There's a lot of people throwing around light TRs and light SRs on each other, but nobody has really locked anyone town except me, and nobody has really made big pushes on anyone (except me? depends on if you count the Jiwon case). The votes this game have been mostly "this is why I suspect X, this is the reasoning, vote X". There hasn't been much attempts to try to get people on board with your wagon or any real consolidation of votes until very recently.

2) The way we should progress from here is to raise the bar for towniness in order to sharply divide our readslist into town and non-town. We can't sit around giving people light TRs for slightly townie things the rest of the game. At some point we have to make a decision. So here's what I want you all to do. I want you to list down all your townreads and start trimming them. See which ones are weak, which ones are "oh they had one post that looked kinda good" and which ones are "this person genuinely towntelled really hard". The players you trim from your townreads don't have to be scum, but you need to start establishing a high standard for your townreads and force them to step it up.

3) We have to establish some kind of structure in our voting patterns or we won't be able to organize and catch wolves. Right now the voting pattern is 2/2/1/2/3. That is not a voting pattern that helps us catch scum. I would say we should be narrowing the field down to 2 or 3 possibilities, then down to strictly 2 as EOD approaches. Be proactive about forcing people to take stances and aggressively execute them if they're wishywashy about it or try to hide away from the main wagons. That is how scum lets town self-destruct. Making people take stances on players that will flip reveals their alignment.

4) With that in mind, cayvie, you need to get off DJ Neutron. Nobody else is interested in exeing them. If you want to go after a lurker today, come onto Jiwon, which has much more support. I'm currently seeing the main four wagons as Jiwon, UG, cayvie and cassowary. That's fine. We'll narrow it down to three soon, and then near the end of day we should try to narrow it down to two.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

cayvie wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:03 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:11 pm I don’t see any tmi about Allison’s alignment in DDL’s post. His reasoning for townreading her is basically identical to mine with a hedge. If I see tmi it’s here.
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:01 pm oh that makes a lot of sense, thank you for clarifying. i was kinda ??? at your original post.

i think that DDL's post is talking about Alison's post as dangerous in a meta-sense, that this is a dangerous precedent to set for future games but not necessarily this one? so not necessarily bad for town in this game, but bad for town *in general*. kind of reminds me of policy chops in a way.

i do see what you mean about how it potentially TMIs Alison as town.
Where Cayvie sees a tmi that doesn’t exist as indicating that DDL is a wolf. :feb:
mmm... i more meant that *if* DDL is a wolf, then Alison probably isn't. like if i was reading this post after a DDL scumflip, i would consider this spew.
Lol.

No takebacks :emproof:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Alison wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:42 pm Inactivity is NAI, because it's most likely caused by real life circumstances that don't have much to do with anything. That's not what I'm going after Jiwon for though. I'm going after Jiwon for active lurking, which is different. Active lurking is when you aren't actually inactive but you try to contribute as little as possible, while doing the bare minimum to not get replaced/exed for slanking. That usually consists of excessive fluff, intentionally derailing conversations into long conversations about nothing, and repeatedly dodging attempts to make them contribute.

I think the current gamestate incentivizes mafia to do this kind of behavior. When I see Jiwon do it, I'm suspicious. If nobody else comments on it or cares about it, I'm slightly more suspicious. This, plus the beetlejuice, makes me think JIwon is the best lead we have right now.
I get what you mean, but kind of feels too early to call when someone is active lurking?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Here's where I am in terms of reads at the moment. The list of people in each category is not ordered.

Hard Town - These are the people who've done something to make me actively trust them.
Alison
PSINightmareEmpower
Carotenoid

Townlean - These are the people who've had one good post and then not much else of substance.
Over time, the things that made me townlean them are going to get old and irrelevant, and if they don't do more townie things to keep them in my good books, they'll start dropping out and into the scumlean territory.
cayvie
Dragon D. Luffy
DrWilgy
Fatmo
Jackofhearts2005
Long Con
nutella

Mixed Bag - These are the people who have done some things I think are definitely good and some things I think are definitely bad.
chardonnay

Hard Null - these are the people I have no read on at all.
[The list is empty. If yours isn't empty, try to make it empty. Be aggressive about scumleaning people for doing nothing and make them show they're town.]

Scumlean - these are the hard lurkers, slankers, and people who've done nothing to earn trust at all.
Inactivity is usually NAI, but in this gamestate we have to seriously suspect inactives as faking it. Pressure these people and force them into either townread or scumread territory. Don't let them stay under the radar forever.
DJ Neutron Star
dov
KitsuShel

Scum - they're just scum.
cassowary
Jiwon
Alison

Post by Alison »

You see those categories in my readslist? Every day that goes by without people doing something to earn my trust, they fall down another category in the readslist. You should think about the game this way as well. If the inactives continue to hard slank D2, I will start pushing them. At this stage, with the game being this stagnant, it is the responsibility of genuine townies to step up, show their alignment and start to push the game out of stale waters and into wolf-hunting momentum. This is what I have been trying to do with my recent posts, and it's what you should be trying to do if you are a townie.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Carotenoid wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 5:38 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:55 pm I'm leaning toward cayvie as the chop right now. I don't like how her change of opinion on DDL went, and her ISO largely reads to me like pocketing attempts of DDL and Alison. [VOTE: cayvie] aubergine
I'm a *little bit* bothered that this is thinking in term of finding a chop rather than finding wolves.

I have wrongly scumread Long Con before so I'm trying to be careful and give it more time though. I liked nutella's vote on him.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 4:22 pm[...]
cassowary wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 3:32 pm
chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:20 am
cassowary wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:01 pm PSI's convictions on cayvie seemed to fold very quickly under pressure. Or, not even pressure, but just other people having different reads. Feels a little bit like trying not to stand out too much. Maybe a slight scumlean.
Having played with PSInightmare before im surprised that your takeaway is a scum lean. I'm thinking shes town tbh
I mean I said 'maybe slight' scum lean. I do find it interesting that other people jumped on it so quickly, though.

I do think reading too much into psi's tone is ill-advised though. That wasn't my intent with my callout of her. I can confirm as well that she always writes like this. But also, I feel like she was good at using her posting style to her advantage when she was mafia before, so I feel wary of TRing her based on this as you seem to be?

Still, I'm not sure she's my prime suspect atm. Going to go back and read over the thread more carefully.
Wait, you have meta experience with PSI? Why did you wait to mention this now, and not when you made that post saying you suspected her?

I followed your first post about her, but I don't have meta experience with PSI. The other guy who does have it defended her after I made that case. But now that people are calling the case in question, you decide to remind us that you know her meta and change your read to a more null one?

:suspish:
In that context I'm guessing that's me? :p I think this is the second time you refer to "person townreading PSINE" in vague terms, it feels a bit like you're purposefully avoiding mentioning me so that I forget about my early ~scumread of you.
(I know I'm not the only one saying she's in town range meta-wise but like, I think it's fair to say I was the first to be vocal about it post-DDL's case)
I said the other guy because I was too lazy to check and I still feel like it was someone else (the guy with a similar name to cass, I think). Pretty sure at least two people commented in it, though.

But I'm still too lazy to check. :workit:

And carot I don't know how avoiding you would make you forget me and I honestly don't care about that. You do you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:13 am So some mechanical thoughts re Alison as it may assist in isolation of bullshit to expect.

One of the instances within TLA where someone were to lose their power would involve either an eclipse of the sun or moon. Solar eclipses blot out fire bending while lunar blot out water bending. Since character is NAI, I don't think this is relevant to alignment, BUT may be a mechanic to expect in game and a guess. Figured it would be better to share possible mechanical guesses as not everyone is familiar with the lore.

Thoughts on players at this moment.

Alison's call out on Cayvie seemed appropriate and I agreed with it at first glance. The reveal of mechanics is NAI. Acceptance of Carotte into towncore felt off.

Cayvie, I can see as scum in this game. The intro to the thread and follow up posts warrant it.

DDL is town this game. Like the content on PSI.

Nutella is town this game. Gut read, nothing more.

PSI doesn't sit well with me as DDL's observations are clean. The recent responses do not bolster any confidence.

Jack, how have you been buddy? I can see you as scum based on gut.

~
All this said. from everyone, I would like to know if there is a wolf in Cayvie/Alison, which one is it and why?

Same goes for Cayvie/JackofHearts.
~

Good night beautiful.

Hey eh what’s up, Doc?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

We gotta get MU/Reddit style highlight to quote a small part of a post functionality.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

What is Starmen? Some Earthbound site?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

chardonnay wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 2:20 am Probably the player that sticks out to me most as suspicious is Jackofhearts so far. But I need to do some f2f acessment there.
Pleased to meet you, hee ho.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:55 am We gotta get MU/Reddit style highlight to quote a small part of a post functionality.
you've literally already got that, just highlight text and then click the quote button that appears.
Alison wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:32 am Okay, I am notoriously bad at not being around for EODs, so don't expect me to be around during that time. Here's where I think this town should be going.
4) With that in mind, cayvie, you need to get off DJ Neutron. Nobody else is interested in exeing them. If you want to go after a lurker today, come onto Jiwon, which has much more support. I'm currently seeing the main four wagons as Jiwon, UG, cayvie and cassowary. That's fine. We'll narrow it down to three soon, and then near the end of day we should try to narrow it down to two.
when you're right you're right.

[VOTE: jiwon] aubergine
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 7:41 am So as I said before, I have a tendency to lead people into their doom when I make big posts. Town latches into it and scum rolls along. Except when I'm right, of course. But that's not guaranteed.

Looking for scum who might be rolling along, nutella and LC bought my PSI case VERY easily, and with seemingly no independent thoughts of their own. Look out for those.
“Rolling along” describes my Nutella feelings this game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I don’t think it works on mobile, Cayvie. :(
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

cayvie wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 2:16 am hmmmm i don't think DJNS/cassowary are w/w.

i don't think DJ comes in, sees my post about him, and decides to hop on a bus.
Yeah I felt the same when reading his post.

Which sucks cuz I'm about to drop a vote on cass but don't feel great about neutron either.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m not really pinged but anything Cayvie or DDL have said after I expressed suspicion of them. :shrug:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok caught up

So psi made that huge post about UG and I thought she made a bunch of leaps of logic and unlikely assumptions there. Some serious tinfoiling coupled with early teammate association which is something I usually avoid. All of this is to say while I don't feel inclined to follow Psi on that case I'm townreading her a lot now because I normally don't expect scum to tinfoil like this. That said, keep doing your thing Psi, sooner or later a tinfoil hits something.

On the case itself, I didn't feel much about that post from UG that Psi had an issue about, but I disliked the later post with a lot of REALLYs that UG made and nutella pointed out to. Might have voted UG for it. But then carot said she's well within her meta so meh.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

As for the rest, I'm reading Alison as town cuz she is playing the drill seageant town leader thing and I already feel like finding a way to rebel against her just to show I can. It's usually townies who cause that reaction on me, though.

Not really hyped about Jiwon but it feels like a low hanging fruit. I hate easy cases on d1. I think I'll pass.

Not hyped about neutron I guess.

LC is the kind of player I'm not great at reading from the get go but he just sorts himself out after a couple phases. I'll let him do that.

Guy with a similar name to cass sounds town to me but at the same time feels a bit too easy. Like there could be a deepwolf there. Just a gut feeling.

And cass herself I'll be honest I disliked her tone since the beginning. I have a hard time explaining why, though. Her jumping on psi made me like her but then her waiting to reveal she had meta on psi until laer nullified that. I guess she just sounds artificial, like I can't feel where shes coming from. So [VOTE: cass] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Carot is playing the Meta Patrol role in this game. Whenever someone accuses someone else she knows, she comes to validate whether that is legit or just lack of knowledge of their meta.

It's an useful job, I guess. Maybe a little too convenient of a job, though.

Carot's tone sounds supatown but at the same time she sounds like a player who can fake that as scum. I'm putting it as a townread with an *.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't always play the drill sergeant role but if you know me at all you know I will do whatever I think makes town win and it's clear that the town needs some cohesion right now so here I am.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

And now [VOTE: Cass] aubergine is in the lead
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Jack, place your vote.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:24 am Ok caught up

So psi made that huge post about UG and I thought she made a bunch of leaps of logic and unlikely assumptions there. Some serious tinfoiling coupled with early teammate association which is something I usually avoid. All of this is to say while I don't feel inclined to follow Psi on that case I'm townreading her a lot now because I normally don't expect scum to tinfoil like this. That said, keep doing your thing Psi, sooner or later a tinfoil hits something.

On the case itself, I didn't feel much about that post from UG that Psi had an issue about, but I disliked the later post with a lot of REALLYs that UG made and nutella pointed out to. Might have voted UG for it. But then carot said she's well within her meta so meh.
Why do you avoid tinfoil but recommend PSINE to keep doing it "because it's going to hit at some point"?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:35 am Carot is playing the Meta Patrol role in this game. Whenever someone accuses someone else she knows, she comes to validate whether that is legit or just lack of knowledge of their meta.

It's an useful job, I guess. Maybe a little too convenient of a job, though.

Carot's tone sounds supatown but at the same time she sounds like a player who can fake that as scum. I'm putting it as a townread with an *.
I do realize I might have been a bit annoying shutting down scumreads for meta reason, sorry if I was!

I don't think your assessment is super fair though, the only people I have actively tried to convince others to reevaluate based on meta are PSINE & UG. I think both of them are super helpful townies in general and that they will be much easier to read and work with as it goes on and that they find their footing so yeah, not interested to see them as D1 chop.

I do have some meta sprinkled in my other reads, but I also think I have produced a fair amount of non-meta related content so the fact you're reducing my participation to meta + tone is a bit *eh*
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”