A Moon Shaped Pool
8%

Total votes: 39
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:23 pm Also, mafia probably don't have any other mechanics that do stuff for them if people reveal stuff?

If there's a mafia that flips something similar to nutella in wording to claims (or an anti-claimer, for MU people) ; I'd almost always flip Tim after if the effect should've notified Tim.

Emphasis on if Tim should've figured that effect.
At this point there are just so many ways that Tim is not long for this world that "if this happens then we should flip Tim" sort of seems extraneous.

If the mafia have some "guess them into the boat so you can harm them later" powers then they guessed me into that boat N1 and are gonna abandon me on dead man island N2. This is my lot I suspect. Price of volunteering for the experiment with Nutella.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:32 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:26 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:23 pm y'all are terrified of an anime girl
she’s clearly evil. look at that face
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:28 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:23 pm y'all are terrified of an anime girl
she’s clearly evil. look at that face
did... did i double post as hally
Wow.
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:20 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:14 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:50 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:38 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:28 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 5:26 pm I have realized that Tony Stark is voting to dya and voting with dya to nanook.

Pretty dead votes.

Also dont like the votes of poison, tim and drwilgy

I dont see tuutuu as deepwolf as mac said, but yes poison.

Tim and drwilgy are totally openwolfing
What do you not like about these votes?
You and dr wilgy probably are with your votes outside the main wagons to have mobility capacity in case spirityo is a town or you are simply trying to initiate independent pushes to lynch outside Tim or spirityo.

Poison may be trying the same situation from a more comfortable position such as deepwolf. Meh.

That makes me think that one of the two wagons is definitely mafia and it's practically very reliable to say that the remaining wagon is too.

I'm going to ask you some questions.

Where would you like my vote to be among the people who are being voted for except for the one you are voting for?

Where would you not like my vote to be among the people being voted for?

Where would you not like my vote to be among the people being voted for (multiple answers apply here)?

And most importantly, where would you say Samu is mafia based on his vote if it is putted in the people being voted for? :) 🌚🌚🌚
Before I get to your questions...which are hard because I really haven't thought about them...I can think of a very good reason why I might be inclined to prefer the chop being outside of me and Sprityo...particularly if it isn't Sprityo. I assume you can guess what that reason is. That's why I find your "not liking" where my second vote is to be a bit weird.

Anyway...

"Where would you like my vote to be among the people who are being voted for except for the one you are voting for?"

Since "the people being voted for are me and Sprityo if you don't wanna vote Sprityo with me I'd rather you not vote at all, vote a couple vanity wagons, vote yourself, vote Sloonei...whatever.

"Where would you not like my vote to be among the people being voted for?"

Tough one. I'll go with: among the people being voted for I'd rather your vote was not on me.

"Where would you not like my vote to be among the people being voted for (multiple answers apply here)?"

I think JPIC should self resolve so chopping him is a waste of town KP before he does, so don't vote there.

"And most importantly, where would you say Samu is mafia based on his vote if it is putted in the people being voted for? :) 🌚🌚🌚"

This may be an unfortunate answer, but I am unlikely to day you are mafia based on where you put your votes under the circumstances. I think one should be on Sprityo, and the other should be parked somewhere reasonably harmless, but I'm not gonna say that not agreeing on that would make you a wolf.
I was doing a bad case cause i dont know the two.votes condition. But i am.thankfull thar i ask you that questions cause a bad reason.

Sometimes bad reasons carry to.good things.

I dont like the first inconclusive answer.

Second is a easy wifom answer.

I can see in third your thought that is similar to.mac. but no totally agree with that but it is more personal than something thar would define a role. Some credit.
Fourth and the bait, What do you think, or rather, what readings do you have of the players who have their vote somewhere harmless?
This is difficult to sort, because of Sloonei saying that the second vote HAS TO BE cast. For me, I really think Sprityo is the best chop, so I am inclined to put my second vote somewhere harmless. For people who think "well, I would happily chop Sprityo or Tim" it would seem obvious to put their two votes on the two of us. For people who think "well, one of the people visiting Mac was a wolf and I can't decide between Sprit and Nanook" it would make sense for them to just vote both and let others decide.

I think people with two votes they have to cast parking BOTH of them out in the vanity wagon wilderness would be pretty suspect.
It's impossible to me to not have a poe or a list of 2-3 scums to lynch this day, without the mac's visitors.

Sorry but i cant follow that thought of yours, sounds scummy to me.
Herm
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 309
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Herm »

[VOTE: SPRITYO] aubergine

Close enough.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:29 pm
tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:23 pm Also, mafia probably don't have any other mechanics that do stuff for them if people reveal stuff?

If there's a mafia that flips something similar to nutella in wording to claims (or an anti-claimer, for MU people) ; I'd almost always flip Tim after if the effect should've notified Tim.

Emphasis on if Tim should've figured that effect.
At this point there are just so many ways that Tim is not long for this world that "if this happens then we should flip Tim" sort of seems extraneous.

If the mafia have some "guess them into the boat so you can harm them later" powers then they guessed me into that boat N1 and are gonna abandon me on dead man island N2. This is my lot I suspect. Price of volunteering for the experiment with Nutella.
If I have mechanical reasons to lock someone as mafia, I will

this is a case of "if", I'm being careful and covering bases that can peg wolves in certain situations when others may turn a blind eye upon.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Tim, honestly, there are around 6 people at EoD that voted for you when doubt on nutella was being cast.

The fact that you're going at the same person instead of looking at the others is very off-putting. If you're town, your perspective means a lot if you can tunnel the voters on you.

It's so easy that the fact you're not doing it is concerning.
ImageImageImageImage
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 287

Post by Samusamu »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:36 pm Tim, honestly, there are around 6 people at EoD that voted for you when doubt on nutella was being cast.

The fact that you're going at the same person instead of looking at the others is very off-putting. If you're town, your perspective means a lot if you can tunnel the voters on you.

Yup 🙃
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:36 pm Tim, honestly, there are around 6 people at EoD that voted for you when doubt on nutella was being cast.

Understandable. The thing is that I was in fact a reasonable choice to vote. I'm not after Oddmerta just for voting me, or even for tunneling me. I'm after him because it is all that he does, other than grinding up the consensus reads of the towncore and spoon feeding it back to them. He sussed you a bit...until the towncore sort of bought you as town. He is all in on killing JPIC. He is all in on killing me, though he might be backing off that now that I am not the high priority town core target that I was. He sheeped in on Nutella. He fluffs away at SPF once in a while, but only backing Tutuu who is generally considered town core.

Point me to a single original thought this guy has had.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I'll start by saying your assumption is wrong, because most of your analysis (at least early on) was based on the fact that I, as a wolf, with my clairvoyance would've expected that the counterwagon on Nutella would've been specifically you when other options were already being discussed, so I voted for a more non-suspect option. I've also controlled the game state so that everyone would land on you.

What is more likely - the fact that wolves tried to save Nutella at EoD when plenty of players expressed reluctance to yeet her ; or two people that sat on you since page 5.

If you don't find any wolf on you - who are the bussers?
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:44 pm I'll start by saying your assumption is wrong, because most of your analysis (at least early on) was based on the fact that I, as a wolf, with my clairvoyance would've expected that the counterwagon on Nutella would've been specifically you when other options were already being discussed, so I voted for a more non-suspect option. I've also controlled the game state so that everyone would land on you.

What is more likely - the fact that wolves tried to save Nutella at EoD when plenty of players expressed reluctance to yeet her ; or two people that sat on you since page 5.

If you don't find any wolf on you - who are the bussers?
What now? Which assumption are you saying is wrong?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:29 pm Now, here's an interesting thing...it does seem like if there had been more wolves available to swing onto me I might have been in danger...so where were they? ALREADY ON ME. Tedxtr is a really good candidate.
this assumption

you straight up went and said all of the voters on you were town, without having an opinion on half of them either way
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

It's hard for me to believe that you, as a villager, saw 4 people storming you, 2 of which didn't even say in thread that they voted you and just voted in the poll (may exaggerate here) and you still think that me and Oddmerta have to be wolves.

Like, you didn't even have the thought of "well, nutella was a wolf, wolves might've piled on me, no? a lot of vote switches that I had no previous read on"

why were you town reading every voter of yours?
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

you have a lot of gaps in your solving and thought processes, huge leaps of faith that I don't believe you'd have as a villager

that was just the surface

other leaps of faith were you pushing Oddmerta for trying to encourage me into posting more about you - which seems like an angle that wolves would have more than villagers, because, in order to even reach that point, you'd need to have a previous wolf read on said person for you believing he'd do something like that. Instead, that was the REASON you went at him, which begs the "wolves pushing on things that seem wolfy, rather than pushing on things that make someone more likely to flip wolf" mindset, inherent in TMI.

which is just mind blowing to me - like I've reached a no-return point, you're most likely never leaving my PoE for multiple TMI instances

I can humour sheeping Mac for now, I really don't care who goes first, the game seems pretty solved to me, at least for now ; it's a matter of correctly sorting PoE wolves from PoE villagers at this point until proven otherwise.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:51 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:29 pm Now, here's an interesting thing...it does seem like if there had been more wolves available to swing onto me I might have been in danger...so where were they? ALREADY ON ME. Tedxtr is a really good candidate.
this assumption

you straight up went and said all of the voters on you were town, without having an opinion on half of them either way
Seemed like a good thought.

Was I supposed to tattoo that somewhere and play like it was a fact?

If I were desperately looking for a wolf I'd maybe be going over you with a fine tooth comb, but I'm really not. I'm absolutely sure that the town has exactly one kill today. I am very satisfied with how I think that kill will be used. I'm not one of these players that is highly motivated to put down a "look I guessed the whole wolf team!" thing...maybe part of why I'm not in the finals.

I just kinda play the day as it lies. Hally gave us a POE for today, and I play within it. Oddmerta tunnels me so I slap him around. You have reasonable conversations so I converse. Samu asks questions I answer them. Next time I am trying to figure out who to kill (if there is a next time) I will look at all this stuff. Not really sure why that bothers you, since I did say I liked the spirit of your "not dying today, maybe solve tomorrow" post.

I expect a freaking bloodbath tonight. That may very well include me. If I survive there will be a lot fewer suspects tomorrow to be sorted through, and a lot more information to work with. I might toss out some bits and pieces today, but I'm mostly just gonna hit that with an open mind.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:02 pm you have a lot of gaps in your solving and thought processes, huge leaps of faith that I don't believe you'd have as a villager

that was just the surface

other leaps of faith were you pushing Oddmerta for trying to encourage me into posting more about you - which seems like an angle that wolves would have more than villagers, because, in order to even reach that point, you'd need to have a previous wolf read on said person for you believing he'd do something like that. Instead, that was the REASON you went at him, which begs the "wolves pushing on things that seem wolfy, rather than pushing on things that make someone more likely to flip wolf" mindset, inherent in TMI.

which is just mind blowing to me - like I've reached a no-return point, you're most likely never leaving my PoE for multiple TMI instances

I can humour sheeping Mac for now, I really don't care who goes first, the game seems pretty solved to me, at least for now ; it's a matter of correctly sorting PoE wolves from PoE villagers at this point until proven otherwise.
Yeah...this is all conf biased bullshit, but it's something to pass the time so cool.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

It's not conf biased at all, it's maybe wrong but you can't blame me for you having weird tunnels and thoughts and leaps of faith. :wiz:
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:05 pm It's not conf biased at all, it's maybe wrong but you can't blame me for you having weird tunnels and thoughts and leaps of faith. :wiz:
I'm not blaming you at all.

I think my "tunnel" on Oddmerta isn't particularly weird if you wanna really look at him. I'm still waiting for someone to point out that original Oddmerta thought, btw.

Having "weird" thoughts? Sure. I do. All the time. Why shouldn't I? Like, Alison thinks that not having Mac as night one mortal lock town is "insane," not just weird. People think different thoughts and can almost always be counted on to think that theirs are the ones that aren't weird or insane. I'm okay with that.

Leaps of faith on the other hand I don't really see. I might move abruptly from one hypothetical to another, but something that almost always plagues me as town is that I don't really have faith in much of anything. Like I read Nutella as probably enough a wolf that I was happy to see her getting chopped, but didn't have enough faith in that to overcome "don't chop the doc claim." I operate on an almost pure LACK of faith.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Mac said everything I wanted to say, I promised to lie back a bit and let other people do their thing today and support Mac and be the ringleader tomorrow. I'm happy to see the ted/tim conflict right now because they're both mixed bag slots for me and seeing how they spark against each other is something I can read into when one of them flips.

The only thing I want to say is that I have a strong townread on Oddmerta, I've held that read since his first post and nothing he's done has made me question it. 80% of his posts bleed town to me. I know he's under a lot of heat rn but if you think I'm decent at reading people and trust me you should take into consideration my heavy townshield on him.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:16 pm Mac said everything I wanted to say, I promised to lie back a bit and let other people do their thing today and support Mac and be the ringleader tomorrow. I'm happy to see the ted/tim conflict right now because they're both mixed bag slots for me and seeing how they spark against each other is something I can read into when one of them flips.

The only thing I want to say is that I have a strong townread on Oddmerta, I've held that read since his first post and nothing he's done has made me question it. 80% of his posts bleed town to me. I know he's under a lot of heat rn but if you think I'm decent at reading people and trust me you should take into consideration my heavy townshield on him.

You are town as heck, but "bleeds town to me" is not a read, it's a feeling so if I could kill him I probably would. But he isn't dying today so why does your townshield even matter?
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Because I might die tonight. From what we know, MR was standing between me and the barrel of a gun, and MR has said he can't do it twice in a row. (I wish he hadn't said that, since then maybe the mafia would be spooked into backing off me, but we play the cards we're dealt.) I feel strongly about my Oddmerta read and want to make sure people remember it two or three days down the road if I die and don't have a chance to say it any more. If I'm wrong you can castigate me postgame or something, but since a lot of my reads are in sync with Mac's et al., you can consider my Oddmerta read to my unique legacy.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:30 pm Because I might die tonight. From what we know, MR was standing between me and the barrel of a gun, and MR has said he can't do it twice in a row. (I wish he hadn't said that, since then maybe the mafia would be spooked into backing off me, but we play the cards we're dealt.) I feel strongly about my Oddmerta read and want to make sure people remember it two or three days down the road if I die and don't have a chance to say it any more. If I'm wrong you can castigate me postgame or something, but since a lot of my reads are in sync with Mac's et al., you can consider my Oddmerta read to my unique legacy.
Fair. I don't expect to be around much longer myself so me wanting to kill him probably doesn't matter either...but I think my read is verifiably accurate by looking at his ISO. The number of players he never mentions at all other than in salad lists is more than half the field. He has committed to absolutely nothing the whole game unless it was preapproved by town core. Those aren't feelings, those are facts that require explanation since the easiest explanation would be "yeah, wolf."
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hm, let me put it this way.

There are some players I'm really good at reading and have a really good track record at reading. protocultures is one of them. I've hard townshielded proto to the death in multiple games when he was consensus scumread, and been correct every single time. When I was scum against proto, I got him to locktown me D1 and then pocketed him so deep he never questioned his read until the game was mechanically impossible to win for town. If you ever see me and proto in the same game, you should put weight on my read on proto. I know you don't like to blindly sheep reads like this, but you should at least give it weight.

I can't prove to you that I have a similar track record of reading Oddmerta, because this is my first game with him. But I can tell you that I was able to recognize that I could click with proto's thought processes and understand what drives him and how to read him in the very first game I played with him, and I sort of have the same thing going on with Oddmerta here.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

That's fine. I just think that what you just posted is kinda disrespectful to Proto. I mean, it basically comes down to "Proto truth tells...maybe only I get it, but he does." I prefer to think that one day Proto is going to break that off over your head and call you naive, but that's probably just me.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:45 pm That's fine. I just think that what you just posted is kinda disrespectful to Proto. I mean, it basically comes down to "Proto truth tells...maybe only I get it, but he does." I prefer to think that one day Proto is going to break that off over your head and call you naive, but that's probably just me.
I mean proto himself has said it, so I don't really think I'm being disrespectful to him when I say I can read him really well, any more than Hally is disrespecting Dizzy when they ask people to sheep their read on Dizzy. But the general point is that I can read some people better than others, I roughly know when I can get a really good read on someone/are in sync enough with their thought processes to produce consistently accurate reads on them, and I believe that Oddmerta is someone I find easier to read and who I also read as top town. Like, one tier below Hally/Mac levels of top town.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:52 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:45 pm That's fine. I just think that what you just posted is kinda disrespectful to Proto. I mean, it basically comes down to "Proto truth tells...maybe only I get it, but he does." I prefer to think that one day Proto is going to break that off over your head and call you naive, but that's probably just me.
I mean proto himself has said it, so I don't really think I'm being disrespectful to him when I say I can read him really well, any more than Hally is disrespecting Dizzy when they ask people to sheep their read on Dizzy. But the general point is that I can read some people better than others, I roughly know when I can get a really good read on someone/are in sync enough with their thought processes to produce consistently accurate reads on them, and I believe that Oddmerta is someone I find easier to read and who I also read as top town. Like, one tier below Hally/Mac levels of top town.
Dizzy apparently just busted that over Hally's head, so...
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:58 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:52 pm
Dizzy apparently just busted that over Hally's head, so...
Which is why I said "give my reads weight" and not "treat my reads as a cop check".

Either way, semantics aside, my read is there, I am townshielding Oddmerta, and I want you all to remember that when I'm dead.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

My experience is that nobody listens to dead villagers except when they are wrong.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:09 pm My experience is that nobody listens to dead villagers except when they are wrong.
be the change you wish to see in the world
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:25 pm This is my last post. I might see day 3 because I might attract protection or whatever but if I don't here's my legacy.

In regards to Tim, catching up I saw him post his interaction with Nutella. He is right in that interaction doesn't look teammate indicative, and he also is unlikely to be teammates with any of the three that visited me either, especially Sprityo. If JPIC is real, Tim has been a major proponent of keeping him alive, which, again makes him unlikely to be mafia. I think Tim has a lot going for himself in the sense of he is probably not mafia. If he is not mafia he is the absolute favourite to be the rogue. His role even the way he's explained it sounds rogueish.

It is true for a swathe of reasons that JPIC's action was bizarre, and he also was in my POE before this. I still can't shake the notion that he's real, and if he is IS real keeping him alive one more day is going to be so fucking annoying for the mafia. If he is real, they are literally going to have to shoot into a pool of SPF, Tutuu, Radishes, JPIC. Which keeps the main towncore alive. If he isn't real, he's getting turbo yeeted tomorrow anyway so who cares? Well...

Oddmerta cares, and I don't like how much he cares. I also don't like how he's dealt with Tim today. He hasn't done shit all except for joust with Tim, meanwhile Tim has engaged with everyone on a range of subjects. Honestly Oddmerta looks near outed to me because of how he's acted today. Especially if Sprityo flips mafia.

In claim situations I have a policy to always yeet the person who claims last. Well Sprityo is that person. And yes he did say he was refusing to claim, not that he can't claim. Make no mistake that I am also reading Sprityo mafia ANYWAY. He was in my bottom 3 in bold red before Hally outed that he visited me. I read him scum from day 1 and his interactions with Nutella are alignment indicative. He was already very likely mafia even before this. JPIC is scummy and his claim is whack but Sprityo is also scummy and won't even claim at all. So anyone up in arms about who we're choosing should really reconcile what problem they have with yeeting Sprityo first. Especially Oddmerta. What was the "I think you're making a terrible mistake not yeeting JPIC" post about. Do you think Sprityo is town or something? What issue do you have with yeeting Sprityo first @Oddmerta? What is your top lock read coming out of n1 Oddmerta? Can I be wrong about Sprit? Sure I can be wrong. But don't get dissuaded from the POE stomp if I am because it just pulls the noose tighter around the neck of JPIC/Nook.

Speaking of Nook his claimed role is meh. If we believe his claim it means we have to just deal with the fact that he can be seen at the scene of night kills, seen targeting night kills and we just have to be like "oh yeah silly Nook getting his extra vote". His role might be real but it's irritating, he's in the POE anyway through Nutella interactions and shielding Nut and so he has to die regardless. Seriously if you want some homework read HIS EOD. All this talk about me and Tim shielding Nutella, look at how he did it, way worse... also he suspected her in the early game and voted her for liking french onion soup, then held that vote for ages off a joke, then didn't go back to her in the end it's meh meh meh.

As for the three names I've given JPIC, the strategy is that I didn't want to give JPIC the option to just fake obvious checks for cred. Like if we're going to just yeet between him and Nook tomorrow for instance and he outs Nook as mafia even though he's a teammate he can and almost always would ride that cred to endgame even though he's been scummy as shit (see me outing Wilgy in Pyre for example). Similarly I don't want to let him shoot at Alison or Hally. SPF is lock town to me but others are suspect on her and I am not gonna last too long in this game probably so checking her (or baiting the mafia into shooting her) is good. Same applies to the other two though I have a little more reservation on Tutuu and Radishes. Though Tutuu is probably town that just tilts me sometimes, she is a "yeet at exlo" slot.

As for others - I think Radishes claim has holes but I think he's probably town anyway. I understand the way Nut's role to work would mean that if he took it he'd have "no names on his list" ergo could fire off a save. It's the only claimed save in the game so we probably need to assume that Alison was the shot. Stuck in a lift is clearly nothing to do with Nutella's role so that's something else entirely. It's not a mafia roleblock because she caught the kill. So perhaps she was also town jailkept on top of being doctored by Radishes? Or perhaps that is something to do with the rogue role? Who knows really.

I still think Herm has major mafia equity. LC/Dizzy feel like disconnected town. They both have really positive energy and are enjoying the game albeit not super involved in it, which is fine. DrWilgy is probably town too because mafia wouldn't even bother exposing themselves by pushing onto me. Tedxtr's vibe on day 2 has been really negative, which means he should be scrutinised heavily in coming days but there are bigger fish to fry for now. Poison Chan and Dyachei are not aiming to control the thread in the way that both are absolutely capable of doing and the mafia NEED here, so they're probably town. I don't know what to make of Samusamu, use PR to solve him if you can. Juliets is town in a "yeet at exlo" kinda way. Find a way to get TSP involved in the game or just dedicate a day to getting him out in the mid game. Don't let him slank.

Alison & Hally
staypositivefriend

juliets
Long Con

Master Radishes
Dyslexicon
DrWilgy
tutuu
TonyStarkPrime
dyachei
Poison Chan
tedxtr
Samusamu

Oddmerta
Herm

Justplayingitcool
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
sprityo

Possible rogue - Timsup2nothin... we can make him a nice purple colour
aye aye o7
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:16 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:09 pm My experience is that nobody listens to dead villagers except when they are wrong.
I's love to, but damn...those dead villagers are always so much more convincing when they are wrong!
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:24 pm
I's love to, but damn...those dead villagers are always so much more convincing when they are wrong!
just figure out who is scum and who is town, which should be child's play. then it will be very obvious which dead villagers were wrong.
Timsup2nothin

Re: Radiohead Mafia [NIGHT 1]

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 10:04 pm
Night 1

'Totally alive, totally released.'

No one has been killed. It is Day 2. Players have 48 hours to eliminate somebody.

------------------------------
IMPORTANT: All players may cast 2 votes in the poll today.

All players must vote for two different players. Only the top vote recipient will be eliminated.
Friendly reminder to note the last line. Dunno what Sloonei will do if you ignore the "must vote for two different players" part but don't think finding out is optimal.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:27 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:24 pm
just figure out who is scum and who is town, which should be child's play. then it will be very obvious which dead villagers were wrong.
<makes notes>

I should have thought of that.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

is it stupid that I want to townread tim off this reminder

I legitimately think if I was wolf here I would just not bring it up and remind my wolf buddies to vote in the scumchat and laugh if like 5 townies get randomly modkilled or roleblocked or whatever for not voting
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

no, tim has approached today really well
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Role block would suck.

[mention]Hally[/mention] get a second vote down somewhere.

Preferably not on me.
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

done
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im confused though because the top line says “may” but then the bottom says “must” and those mean different things
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

We're still two votes short...
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

spf looks like they only have 1 vote. someone double check for me
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

and ted
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:43 pm im confused though because the top line says “may” but then the bottom says “must” and those mean different things
It is not beyond me to experiment here, especially if there was high confidence it's just a roleblock since I'll probably holster anyway...but that's probably just my deep rooted issues with authority urging me to be stupid...
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hally wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:43 pm im confused though because the top line says “may” but then the bottom says “must” and those mean different things
yeah I saw that too Hally and decided I'd rather be safe than sorry
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:45 pm
It is not beyond me to experiment here, especially if there was high confidence it's just a roleblock since I'll probably holster anyway...but that's probably just my deep rooted issues with authority urging me to be stupid...
lol Tim why would you want to risk it?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I'm going to unvote Tim and [VOTE: sprityo] aubergine in light of the warm townpraise Tim has been receiving of late.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:45 pm spf looks like they only have 1 vote. someone double check for me
[mention]staypositivefriend[/mention] second vote just in case...
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh, never mind, I just realized top two don't get lynched.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

juliets wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:46 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Sep 04, 2020 8:45 pm
lol Tim why would you want to risk it?
As the scorpion said when he stung the frog who was giving him a ride across the stream...it's just my nature.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

This kind of chop is much more information-rich when the top two get chopped.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

[mention]tedxtr[/mention] second vote?

Return to “Previous Jobs”