8%

Total votes: 39
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:21 am Here's what's going to happen, jpic gets voted tomorrow (if vigi isn't shooting him right now) and he flips mafia rolecop but not a postcapper. so that leaves us with Nanook to get killed next because he must be the postcapper, he flips town and a spotter like he says he is. This is the part when we all start to suspect Mac, our glorious town leader. "omg he must be lying about being postcapped, why would he do that? This cannot be, maybe he was scum all along, hang on a second...... Hally, they set this whole thing up. What a brilliant mastermind, hellbussing so many teammates like that but there's one thing they didn't count on and thar is us townies being super smart and figuring it out. Let's vote Hally" then Hally flips town and that leaves us with Mac, the evil mastermind, the core of cores left as the only possibility. Lying about being postcapped, we all believed it. (there will be a lot of dead townies by this stage of the story) things are rough now, tensions are high there's no way we can ignore this evidence and we vote up MacDougall. He flips town

It was timsup2nothing all along, he was the rogue. Undetectable by watchers, gaining power from stealng posts, his fakeclaim complete and now there is nobody left to stop him because there was always someone that had to be voted instead of him, always a townie that had to be NK'd instead of him and now it's too late, he has stolen enough power to win the game. GG
if this happens I'll eat both my hat and this bowl of cereal
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 151

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

though tbf I'm eating the bowl of cereal anyways
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:21 am Here's what's going to happen, jpic gets voted tomorrow (if vigi isn't shooting him right now) and he flips mafia rolecop but not a postcapper. so that leaves us with Nanook to get killed next because he must be the postcapper, he flips town and a spotter like he says he is. This is the part when we all start to suspect Mac, our glorious town leader. "omg he must be lying about being postcapped, why would he do that? This cannot be, maybe he was scum all along, hang on a second...... Hally, they set this whole thing up. What a brilliant mastermind, hellbussing so many teammates like that but there's one thing they didn't count on and thar is us townies being super smart and figuring it out. Let's vote Hally" then Hally flips town and that leaves us with Mac, the evil mastermind, the core of cores left as the only possibility. Lying about being postcapped, we all believed it. (there will be a lot of dead townies by this stage of the story) things are rough now, tensions are high there's no way we can ignore this evidence and we vote up MacDougall. He flips town

It was timsup2nothing all along, he was the rogue. Undetectable by watchers, gaining power from stealng posts, his fakeclaim complete and now there is nobody left to stop him because there was always someone that had to be voted instead of him, always a townie that had to be NK'd instead of him and now it's too late, he has stolen enough power to win the game. GG
I haven’t read past here’s what’s going to happen but I assume this is good copypasta material nonetheless
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

juliets wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:20 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:51 am The title Rogue in particular makes me thinks of stealth and thievery
It's interesting, I looked up Rogue on MU and the definition of the role is:

The Rogue may target another player every night and copy their night action, allowing the Rogue to use it the next night.

which is a stealth/thievery kind of thing. It just really doesn't make sense to me though in a game where we already have a role that can copy the abilities of the dead (MRs claimed role) but maybe I'm thinking about that wrong.
i don’t think sloonei is referring to that role in particular
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:26 am
juliets wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:20 am
Oddmerta wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:51 am The title Rogue in particular makes me thinks of stealth and thievery
It's interesting, I looked up Rogue on MU and the definition of the role is:

The Rogue may target another player every night and copy their night action, allowing the Rogue to use it the next night.

which is a stealth/thievery kind of thing. It just really doesn't make sense to me though in a game where we already have a role that can copy the abilities of the dead (MRs claimed role) but maybe I'm thinking about that wrong.
i don’t think sloonei is referring to that role in particular
Yeah that's my inclination but I thought I'd bring it up in case it made some sense to someone else.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Or maybe MR is the rogue :wiz:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I saved all my housework for today thinking we would not be posting so I will be in and out.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
tutuu
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

[mention]DrWilgy[/mention] ur mafia dude
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Oddmerta's reality is awesome.

Jules, I don't know if Sloonei would stick to the strict definition when using Rogue, or if he would just mean third party generally.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Long Con wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:25 pm Oddmerta's reality is awesome.

Jules, I don't know if Sloonei would stick to the strict definition when using Rogue, or if he would just mean third party generally.
after seeing what the definition said and considering MR's claim, I think he's probably just using it to mean 3P generally yeah. I just wanted to make no one saw something I didn't (which, lets face it, happens all the time with me in mafia lol),

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

my brilliant powers of deduction have led me to conclude the rogue is someone in this game :ponder:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Sloonei »

Hi. I was hoping to end Night 2 at 9 PM EDT but I just got called into work yet again, so expect the deadline to be closer to 9:30 now. My apologies for this.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:48 am So let's assume JPIC is mafia. His first inclination when pushed to produce content was to push against Juliets. Nutella pushed against Juliets. If JPIC flips mafia it strongly suggests the mafia genuinely think Juliets is the 3p.
I don't remember JPIC pushing against me so I went through his ISO to find it. I didn't find anything though. Mac, what are you referring to here? [mention]Justplayingitcool[/mention] do you know what he is talking about?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:26 am

I haven’t read past here’s what’s going to happen but I assume this is good copypasta material nonetheless
I'm keeping it for future use, yeah.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

i didn't realize we'd have the thread open and I was at work when i happened to reload my syndicate page

I'm still at work, basically skimmed the thread to get here

I might just be a sucker but I kind of like jpic rn

still think tim is towny

if you had a choice between confirming someone like jpic or looking at someone new, what would you do?
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 372

Post by Dyslexicon »

What's going on in this game?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

oh hey dizzy how's it going?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

[mention]Justplayingitcool[/mention] I have a problem.

I asked you for one name that was NOT the 3P.

I got sort of a bonus in the "well these town cores are pretty obv town so not them probably" form. But I wasn't looking for probablies.

I gave a name. Hally. Hally is confirmed watcher. Watcher is not 3P so Hally is just NOT 3P.

Maybe someone else would say "this isn't fair, you took the only one that is really that certain." They could make me feel bad about jacking them up.

But you couldn't have made me feel bad. You're the alignment cop. You already checked Mac. You should be certain.

Why you didn't say Mac is not the 3P JPIC?
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

i guess everyone else left when I got here :(
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:10 pm oh hey dizzy how's it going?
Good, I think. I finished my other game. Still won't be able to catch up and stuff here. Consider myself on a break until champs, so I guess I have an actual slank meta now. You got two mafia. =p

Who's next, and is there anyone who needs "looking into"? I have absolutely no idea what's going on here other than Nutella and Sprit being yeeted.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:10 pm What's going on in this game?
We gonna have to chop you to prove you aren't 3P.

There's some other stuff, but that's probably most relevant.

Killed a couple woofs already, so that's good.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:13 pm i guess everyone else left when I got here :(
I just got up!
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:14 pm
Good, I think. I finished my other game. Still won't be able to catch up and stuff here. Consider myself on a break until champs, so I guess I have an actual slank meta now. You got two mafia. =p

Who's next, and is there anyone who needs "looking into"? I have absolutely no idea what's going on here other than Nutella and Sprit being yeeted.
we know that someone postcapped mac. spirit (mafia) didn't have that role function. nanook and jpic were also seen visiting mac. It's possibly one of their actions and tinfoil me is worried that maybe there was a 4th ninja option but we should deal with nanook and jpic first.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:00 pm i didn't realize we'd have the thread open and I was at work when i happened to reload my syndicate page

still think tim is towny

if you had a choice between confirming someone like jpic or looking at someone new, what would you do?
[mention]Timsup2nothin[/mention]
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:14 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:10 pm What's going on in this game?
We gonna have to chop you to prove you aren't 3P.

There's some other stuff, but that's probably most relevant.

Killed a couple woofs already, so that's good.
Lol ok.

Would prefer other stuff.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:16 pmwe know that someone postcapped mac. spirit (mafia) didn't have that role function. nanook and jpic were also seen visiting mac. It's possibly one of their actions and tinfoil me is worried that maybe there was a 4th ninja option but we should deal with nanook and jpic first.
Aight, that seems reasonable. Is Hally watcher and targeted Mac?
Is Tim in the clear or not? Asking for a friend.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:16 pm

we know that someone postcapped mac. spirit (mafia) didn't have that role function. nanook and jpic were also seen visiting mac. It's possibly one of their actions and tinfoil me is worried that maybe there was a 4th ninja option but we should deal with nanook and jpic first.
Tinfoil me is worried that Hally did it. I cannot make any sense of that at all, and Hally is just town...but that's what makes it tinfoil, right?
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:13 pm @Justplayingitcool I have a problem.

I got sort of a bonus in the "well these town cores are pretty obv town so not them probably" form. But I wasn't looking for probablies.

I gave a name. Hally. Hally is confirmed watcher. Watcher is not 3P so Hally is just NOT 3P.

Maybe someone else would say "this isn't fair, you took the only one that is really that certain." They could make me feel bad about jacking them up.

But you couldn't have made me feel bad. You're the alignment cop. You already checked Mac. You should be certain.

Because I didn't understand the relevance of your question and I feel pretty certain on all three lol
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

hally hasn't outright claimed it but it's heavily implied and the target was mac.

tim is...he played really villagery yesterday so I tend to think he's v, but nothing other than that rn
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:19 pm

Tinfoil me is worried that Hally did it. I cannot make any sense of that at all, and Hally is just town...but that's what makes it tinfoil, right?
then why claim anything?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Somebody should postcap everyone tbh tbh
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:19 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:13 pm @Justplayingitcool I have a problem.

Because I didn't understand the relevance of your question and I feel pretty certain on all three lol
You do feel more certain on Mac, right?
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

juliets wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:55 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:48 am So let's assume JPIC is mafia. His first inclination when pushed to produce content was to push against Juliets. Nutella pushed against Juliets. If JPIC flips mafia it strongly suggests the mafia genuinely think Juliets is the 3p.
I don't remember JPIC pushing against me so I went through his ISO to find it. I didn't find anything though. Mac, what are you referring to here? @Justplayingitcool do you know what he is talking about?
Wasn't really pushing, I was just trying to determine if the thing about sprit earlier had any real relevance. You're probably spewed clear as mafia from Nutella, but there's a chance of 3p. Though, I probably wouldn't go in that direction anyway
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

tim don't ignore my ping pls
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:19 pm hally hasn't outright claimed it but it's heavily implied and the target was mac.

tim is...he played really villagery yesterday so I tend to think he's v, but nothing other than that rn
Alright, thanks. I'll try to use my limited ways of being helpful while I'm still around. I guess as Tim says at this rate I'll be a yeet at some point because "we just have to do it" or something.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

you're basically either in the poe or just outside of the poe for most people, dizzy
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:21 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:55 pm
I don't remember JPIC pushing against me so I went through his ISO to find it. I didn't find anything though. Mac, what are you referring to here? @Justplayingitcool do you know what he is talking about?
Wasn't really pushing, I was just trying to determine if the thing about sprit earlier had any real relevance. You're probably spewed clear as mafia from Nutella, but there's a chance of 3p. Though, I probably wouldn't go in that direction anyway
Yeah JPIC I didn't interpret you as pushing me at all so I'm not sure what Mac is talking about. He'll answer when he gets here I guess.

[mention]dyachei[/mention] I am thinking about your question. It is hard. (I guess that's why you asked for opinions.)

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:22 pm you're basically either in the poe or just outside of the poe for most people, dizzy
I'm basically just outside of the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:20 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:19 pm

You do feel more certain on Mac, right?
Not really, as I would say hally and mac are probably on equal footing despite my cop result on Mac, as I don't think a watcher fits a rogue type character
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:20 pm

then why claim anything?
This particular tinfoil started when, right before I logged out for the night I said "Hally is the one person I KNOW is not the 3P because 3P Watcher makes no sense." So of course then I tossed and turned not sleeping over "what if Hally is a 3P watcher who postcapped Mac and gets us to kill all these potential postcappers?"

I'm gonna stick with 3P watcher doesn't make sense, but this is my life.
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

3p watcher doesn't make sense, tim. hally is very much in their village meta
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 393

Post by Oddmerta »

The prophecy is coming true in real time
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:29 pm The prophecy is coming true in real time
which prophecy is that?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:32 pm
Oddmerta wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:29 pm The prophecy is coming true in real time
which prophecy is that?
The one I wrote just before, timsup is already planting seeds of doubt about Hally being a 3p
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]dyachei[/mention] I guess I'm somewhat afraid confirming JPIC is a waste because if he doesn't die tonight he'll die tomorrow or the next night. So I think I would choose to confirm someone new.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:17 pm
dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:00 pm i didn't realize we'd have the thread open and I was at work when i happened to reload my syndicate page

still think tim is towny

@Timsup2nothin
I think the only person like JPIC is JPIC, and "confirm" is sort of nebulous regarding JPIC. If I could get a rock solid "JPIC is town, deal with that" result then I would know he was really an alignment cop, had a real green check on Mac, and was not the post cap stealer. That would be great.

If I could get "JPIC is absolutely an alignment cop" that would be a little less great, because in some paranoid corner of my mind a voice would say "the wolves have an alignment cop so they can look for the 3P." These paranoid voices are stupidly unlimited in the things they say.

In any event, if I had to kill him to confirm him I would feel bad because if I confirmed him I would also cut off whatever results he is about to get.

If confirming involved killing I would look in the really unknown range. People who haven't claimed anything, have a vague "maybe town, definitely POE, dunno and not ever likely to know" feel about them. Dizzy is one example but there are a few others who genuinely don't come to mind. Like you look at the player list and say "hmmm."

With a non-fatal method of confirming I would go in the pretty solid not wolf, but could be 3P range. Oddmerta, me, Juliet, you, Poison...that sort. I don't really want to kill active people just to see if they are 3P, but we may have to eventually in some cases.
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

juliets wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:38 pm @dyachei I guess I'm somewhat afraid confirming JPIC is a waste because if he doesn't die tonight he'll die tomorrow or the next night. So I think I would choose to confirm someone new.
what if it could stop him from being killed at all? or do you think there's no point atp
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:32 pm
which prophecy is that?
I saved it for future use:

Here's what's going to happen, jpic gets voted tomorrow (if vigi isn't shooting him right now) and he flips mafia rolecop but not a postcapper. so that leaves us with Nanook to get killed next because he must be the postcapper, he flips town and a spotter like he says he is. This is the part when we all start to suspect Mac, our glorious town leader. "omg he must be lying about being postcapped, why would he do that? This cannot be, maybe he was scum all along, hang on a second...... Hally, they set this whole thing up. What a brilliant mastermind, hellbussing so many teammates like that but there's one thing they didn't count on and thar is us townies being super smart and figuring it out. Let's vote Hally" then Hally flips town and that leaves us with Mac, the evil mastermind, the core of cores left as the only possibility. Lying about being postcapped, we all believed it. (there will be a lot of dead townies by this stage of the story) things are rough now, tensions are high there's no way we can ignore this evidence and we vote up MacDougall. He flips town

ImageImageImageImage
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:38 am We have 20 players...

Who is NOT the third party?
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:39 am Gimme ONE name...
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 4:40 am I'll start...Hally. 3P watcher is just out.
Hally wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 1:49 pm my brilliant powers of deduction have led me to conclude the rogue is someone in this game :ponder:

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:25 pm
dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:20 pm

then why claim anything?
This particular tinfoil started when, right before I logged out for the night I said "Hally is the one person I KNOW is not the 3P because 3P Watcher makes no sense." So of course then I tossed and turned not sleeping over "what if Hally is a 3P watcher who postcapped Mac and gets us to kill all these potential postcappers?"

I'm gonna stick with 3P watcher doesn't make sense, but this is my life.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

dyachei wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:41 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Sep 05, 2020 2:38 pm @dyachei I guess I'm somewhat afraid confirming JPIC is a waste because if he doesn't die tonight he'll die tomorrow or the next night. So I think I would choose to confirm someone new.
what if it could stop him from being killed at all? or do you think there's no point atp
If he gets confirmed as alignment cop the wolves are gonna kill him the first chance they get I think.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”