Christmas Time Is Here Again

Moderator: Community Team

D4 ends December 28, 5pm EST. Happy Boxing Day!

Wilgy
No votes
Marmot
No votes
Syn
No votes
Grand Scheme
No votes
Samusamu
No votes
Kylemii
55%
No kill (can be hammered)
No votes
No vote (cannot be hammered)
No votes
Host/dead/spec/coal
45%

Total votes: 11
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Christmas Time Is Here Again

Post by Made »

Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:53 pm
Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:44 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:52 pm
Spoiler: show
Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:30 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:18 pm
Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:05 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:02 pm (Wtf, this happen to me for translating what i want to say in a word and copypaste it here.)

Hahaha, 🌚 Good way to twist what I say.

The first thing is that I don't want to cut the conversation about the shooting. On the contrary, I stopped for a second to give my opinion on a particular case. (Hero shooting)

I have never said that not talking about the shooting is optimal, rather I am being part of that conversation while making my own assessment.

The scenario is feasible from the moment you can say, hey, today I can fire a shot. But that's not what's important

The important thing, and to finish this off a bit, is that I haven't said that your reasoning isn't legitimate, but that the way it's done gives me mafia-like feelings, and that's why you have my vote.

What have you done in return? Easy, resorting to the countervote without giving many explanations. To make matters worse, I seem to you scum since I voted for you and I have said why, if I had avoided quoting you and passing by I would not have said vote, since previously you had not quoted me nor mentioned that you think I am scum.

This makes me think that either you are a tremendously visceral player or that you just want to dirty the thread in a futile exchange.baddie

I reaffirm that you post as a scum does prototypically, so for the time being my vote will remain with you a while longer.

The game continues.
this is word salady af. I don't see how this kind of staging is helps us when it hasn't happened, it just will create more confusion when/if it does, which serves scum
Wow!

I'm saying why i read someone scum, and finishing that thought, that is very confuse, haha no. 🌚
You just used the word prototypical. This is some syergistic corporate megalamanic viscerlony baloney my friend

get rid of the words and you get "yeah, uhhh no me? no u!! anyways wifom anyone?"
I dont understand this post.
I was saying that I thought your post was wordy, and that it was wordy to hide your straight forward point that could make things more confusing later on.. Now that I know about the language gap, I still think that your take is sus, but i'm putting less weight into word choice

dropping this wifom mess, and dropping a vote on [VOTE: samusamu] aubergine
Sorry but i dont hide any straight. This is just you thinking that u are cool saying that or something else cause u didnt give a real reason to say that i'm hiding something o i'm not being clear.

Your vote sound like excuses to me to make a vote. No more, no less.
Confusion benefits baddies, but you are entitled to your opinion Mr. Bad
(fun fact! my name on other website is "made cool"!)
Pov: you reading my takes
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 62
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

cat is a duck, and i do not like that
Pov: you reading my takes
Samusamu
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 178

Post by Samusamu »

Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:55 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:53 pm
Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:44 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:52 pm
Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:30 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:18 pm
Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:05 pm
this is word salady af. I don't see how this kind of staging is helps us when it hasn't happened, it just will create more confusion when/if it does, which serves scum
Wow!

I'm saying why i read someone scum, and finishing that thought, that is very confuse, haha no. 🌚
You just used the word prototypical. This is some syergistic corporate megalamanic viscerlony baloney my friend

get rid of the words and you get "yeah, uhhh no me? no u!! anyways wifom anyone?"
I dont understand this post.
I was saying that I thought your post was wordy, and that it was wordy to hide your straight forward point that could make things more confusing later on.. Now that I know about the language gap, I still think that your take is sus, but i'm putting less weight into word choice

dropping this wifom mess, and dropping a vote on [VOTE: samusamu] aubergine
Sorry but i dont hide any straight. This is just you thinking that u are cool saying that or something else cause u didnt give a real reason to say that i'm hiding something o i'm not being clear.

Your vote sound like excuses to me to make a vote. No more, no less.
Confusion benefits baddies, but you are entitled to your opinion Mr. Bad
(fun fact! my name on other website is "made cool"!)
Although in your world calling someone Mr. Bad after accusing him of scum sounds great.

I'll be honest with you and tell you that it doesn't.

Your username isn't something to be proud of either, but look at my avatar, that's something to be proud of.

Now, to say that I look for confusion when my game is based on trying to be understood while being concise with my thoughts is the antithesis of reading my "metagame".

When you have something to say against me that you want to quote and you stop trying to get into other people's heads that my game is confusing quote me.

I'm a little tired of this kind of strategy.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:41 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:39 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:29 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:23 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:15 pm
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:14 pm 3 pages isn't a significant amount of time. most of the posts thus far have been jokes or prods and the few serious posts that have been made have been too long to focus on without sitting down at a computer.
But that isnt neutral 🌚
how would you define neutral
In a mafia game, someone who dont want to give his real opinion tbh.

Or someone who didnt read a thing. U can only be neutral if u are a town before the game starts...
ah. that's not my definition
Well lets stop this, will you say me something more useful than the neutral thought ?
probably not
mewtini
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by mewtini »

brb reading everything as i haven't been here since p#20

what'd i miss. how's everyone's night (or day)
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 22
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

It's my birthday so I won't be super active. I'll try to check in once or twice. Based on page 1:

Syn, Wilgy, GS and Samu are strong townreads. Sig is scum for the defensive tone when being attacked early and the excessive focus on mechanics at the start.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
mewtini

Post by mewtini »

catching up still but
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:16 pm Cat, Samusamu, syn, and Mewtini please explain yourselves
i'm from a small forum (the cave of dragonflies) and play on MU occasionally; heard about the syndicate through my tcod/MU friend keldeo, though i'm not sure if he actually hangs around here himself. (was there anything else you wanted to know ... ?)

@Alison happy birthday!!
Alison

Post by Alison »

Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:46 pm oh....so coal is just a straight negative... ight doesn't change the null wilgy read, but it does change the flavor of wifom.

I thought the coal turned into a gift the next day...which when you say it out loud, sounds pretty silly :blush:
I'm not ready to accept this as a derp clear.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:44 pm
sig wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:34 pm [VOTE: falcon45ca] aubergine

For very good, very legitimate reasons.
Sloonie my dear, what are you're thoughts on shots and my back and forth with Samu
you are both town
Expand on your sig read.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Grand Scheme wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:06 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:06 pm Who's telling cat things?
There's not been a word 'tween he and I
But cat's belief could be TMI

And of all the posts that have been played
The towniest, to me, is Made.
This post is pretty townie.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Kyle/mewtini, I'm having the hardest time reading you two. Weigh in on sig vs samu, please.

I'm not a fan of Made suspecting Samu. I think Samu is pretty obviously town and it's very easy to see that.

Samu
GS
Syn
Wilgy
[everyone else]
Made
Sig

I'm off now.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 159

Post by sig »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:25 pm It's my birthday so I won't be super active. I'll try to check in once or twice. Based on page 1:

Syn, Wilgy, GS and Samu are strong townreads. Sig is scum for the defensive tone when being attacked early and the excessive focus on mechanics at the start.

Mechanics is literally how night kills are decided this game, it baffles me nobody else seems to care to talk about it. Plus it's not like we have any other content to go off of.

Also I'm not really being that defensive and it isn't even over the vote. :shrug:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I really don't get why everyone here seems to not give a damn about the gift function.

It's literally a second lynch if used properly, if used improperly it'll totally fuck up town. We already know mafia can only give it to themselves once. Which means town is instantly at an advantage if we force this conversation into the open it takes all the power from the mafia for every phase except for one
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Somebody explain to me why this isn't something we should be focused on
ImageImage
mewtini

Post by mewtini »

up through end of page 2,
sig wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:44 pm I really don't get why everyone here seems to not give a damn about the gift function.
i was under the impression that the bulk of the pushback had more to do with the inactive/noposter sacrifice proposition than actually focusing on the mech itself
mewtini

Post by mewtini »

in particular because of how early into the phase it was
felt like priming to me even though i think i agree it is a town-important thing to talk about at some point, esp considering that it's unholsterable; setting up an inactive kill felt like a strange move right out of the gate

quickly noting here that i don't play by making true scumreads on d1
mewtini

Post by mewtini »

mewtini wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:27 pm catching up still but
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:16 pm Cat, Samusamu, syn, and Mewtini please explain yourselves
i'm from a small forum (the cave of dragonflies) and play on MU occasionally; heard about the syndicate through my tcod/MU friend keldeo, though i'm not sure if he actually hangs around here himself. (was there anything else you wanted to know ... ?)
@kyle sorry i just got to your later post, adding on because i don't think i realized what you were actually asking the first time round;
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:39 pm no one ever gives a clear answer when they're asked about their play history anymore
my home forum typically plays very chatty semilarge (~15p) closed-setup role madness games. i've played somewhere around 10 games now, but the last several have been as half of a hydra slot (though not necessarily in actual hydra games; most of them were just me/my partner participating in an otherwise-normal game). i've also only been playing since early this year

i also suspect i'm used to slightly less-aggressive play than i'm seeing here, and although i primarily play via psychoanalysis i'm used to playing with relatively mech-focused people
mewtini

Post by mewtini »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:31 pm This post is pretty townie.
why? the tmi comment? since i see you're doubting Made atm
Alison wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:33 pm Kyle/mewtini, I'm having the hardest time reading you two. Weigh in on sig vs samu, please.
think samu is clear town for energy and genuineness. also appreciated him trying to preserve thread direction and eventually saying "maybe sig is just aggravated town," felt like he was acting in good faith

reluctant to slap a scumlean on sig out of personal policy (which is that it's d1 and i want to see more before SLing anyone); i think i'm sideeyeing made more at the moment, actually. sig's recent posting feels more genuine / less wordtwisty than earlier posting did (need to reread later, the language boundary was i think a nonnegligible part of it + made was a bit more strange about it than necessary)

i'm curious about any metareads that anyone else may have on made/sig tbh. i also find it pretty difficult to read much of anything from the current lowposters, e.g. i'm wondering where the syn reads are coming from
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Syn »

sig wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:44 pm I really don't get why everyone here seems to not give a damn about the gift function.

It's literally a second lynch if used properly, if used improperly it'll totally fuck up town. We already know mafia can only give it to themselves once. Which means town is instantly at an advantage if we force this conversation into the open it takes all the power from the mafia for every phase except for one
sig wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:45 pm Somebody explain to me why this isn't something we should be focused on
I don't actually think this is important enough to coordinate over

Most people go for a POE shot anyway

I will generally agree that maybe wolves wouldn't want hero shots going off, but POE clearing is also something they wouldn't want

more importantly, our debating about optimal gift play will directly influence wolf planning, as inevitably someone will "figure it out" and hand the optimal strategy to the wolves on a silver platter
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

mewtini wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:58 pm
mewtini wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:27 pm catching up still but
@kyle sorry i just got to your later post, adding on because i don't think i realized what you were actually asking the first time round;
Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:39 pm no one ever gives a clear answer when they're asked about their play history anymore
my home forum typically plays very chatty semilarge (~15p) closed-setup role madness games. i've played somewhere around 10 games now, but the last several have been as half of a hydra slot (though not necessarily in actual hydra games; most of them were just me/my partner participating in an otherwise-normal game). i've also only been playing since early this year

i also suspect i'm used to slightly less-aggressive play than i'm seeing here, and although i primarily play via psychoanalysis i'm used to playing with relatively mech-focused people
amazing, thank you
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:33 pm Kyle/mewtini, I'm having the hardest time reading you two. Weigh in on sig vs samu, please.
good lol

dnd is cancelled tonight so i will read the series of essays
Samu
GS
Syn
Wilgy
[everyone else]
Made
Sig

I'm off now.
what is this a list of?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

you jerks forcing me to break my rule of not reading the roles post until day 2
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i'm going to get killed and it's going to be Sig and Samusamu's fault for letting me get cursed with bad luck for breaking my rule
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

mewtini wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:51 pm up through end of page 2,
i was under the impression that the bulk of the pushback had more to do with the inactive/noposter sacrifice proposition than actually focusing on the mech itself
That seemed to be part ofthe issue with samu, but Allison just didn't like the mech talked. :shrug:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

If nobody else thinks it's good to discuss shots ect and leave it to the individual I'll roll with it. Buuuuuut, I want it noted for post game that I'm firmly against so I can do a "I told you so"

:p
ImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sig brings up mechanics basically right away immediately. i don't really understand what hero shooting means in this context, but that may be because i haven't read the rules or roles page. bringing up the idea of lynching non-posters at a point in the day where non-posters might not even be a thing is, maybe the most suspicious thing. samusamus seems to latch onto that. says sig is sus for trying to talk about lynching nonposters and something, he says that um.... ok at this part it seems to me like samu has a misunderstanding about the nature of the "gift" thing because they talk about how the person who recieves a gift could waste time during the day by talking about who they should target with it, but that doesn't seem to be how the feature works. sig responds to this asking if samu read the rules, and then accuses him of trying to twist his words. at this point they just sort of talk past each other a bunch without stopping to consider what the other one is saying, bunch of syntactical bullshit. i missed this before but sig accuses of samusamu of TMI as well which is a strange interesting interpretation. i think there is an element of language barrier involved in this chain of discussion. what is hero shooting and why is it relevant here?

i don't remember sig being this intense before. i think gth between the two players involved, sig looks worse, with a possibility of this being a dumb day 1 thing where civs just yell paragraphs at each other for no reason.
mewtini

Post by mewtini »

glad that you mention the tmi thing because i haven't figured out where it actually comes from

do you have thoughts on Made?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

with all that said, sig is right.

if a consensus is made the gift thing essentially allows us essentially a second lynch. that seems important to at least acknowledge. if we can come to a consensus on who to target at night then that limits the mafia's ability to pick and choose who dies and offsets their nightkill by a lot.

but that's like... all the discussion it needs. just a "hey let's agree to shoot at the runner up" or something. "let's all aim our guns at sloonei tonight because he's sus"
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

this game might be extremely short if there's 3 deaths per round
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

mewtini wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:49 am glad that you mention the tmi thing because i haven't figured out where it actually comes from

do you have thoughts on Made?
hmmmm

Like: he seems to say stuff that i agree with which is automatically good

Dislike: similarly to Sig i don't like that he jumped on Samu like he did.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i'm not missing something am i? it just seems to me like a clear communication issue
mewtini

Post by mewtini »

no i think that's legit, i was just curious. i vaguely mentioned it before that i thought the tonality was slightly different, and that made maybe pings me more strongly, but i need to read back and figure out whether or not it was because i was skimming. wanted to see if you'd picked up on it since i think your read on sig/samu ~matches my own and because i'm lazy right now.
Alison

Post by Alison »

mewtini wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:15 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:31 pm This post is pretty townie.
why? the tmi comment? since i see you're doubting Made atm
think samu is clear town for energy and genuineness. also appreciated him trying to preserve thread direction and eventually saying "maybe sig is just aggravated town," felt like he was acting in good faith

reluctant to slap a scumlean on sig out of personal policy (which is that it's d1 and i want to see more before SLing anyone); i think i'm sideeyeing made more at the moment, actually. sig's recent posting feels more genuine / less wordtwisty than earlier posting did (need to reread later, the language boundary was i think a nonnegligible part of it + made was a bit more strange about it than necessary)

i'm curious about any metareads that anyone else may have on made/sig tbh. i also find it pretty difficult to read much of anything from the current lowposters, e.g. i'm wondering where the syn reads are coming from
I think scum GS would have a hard time keeping up the gimmick while engaging with the game and giving reads. Your hedge on sig is noted.

Syn is pretty low energy as scum. His entrance was townie.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Kylemii is townie. Very transparent thought processes.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:51 pm

Sloonie my dear, what are you're thoughts on shots and my back and forth with Samu
you are both town
Okay, then who isn't?
You, kyle, and mewtini
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
cat
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 15

Post by cat »

sig wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:38 pm
Samusamu wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:43 am
sig wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 11:03 am I guess everyone is to busy adulting or something.

But. I do have a few ideas regarding gifts, so from the rules it sounds like mafia give them out, but we don't know who got it.. This is gonna further muddy the waters paired with coal.

I don't think hero shooting is necessarily the best way to approach it until mid game, before mid game and once we get closer to end game it would probably make the most sense if everyone targeted the same person. That would insure town has more control over the game and we're not just hitting random people.

I'd also say for n1 we just target people who haven't shown up yet. I'm never really a fan of lynching non posters I think its a good way for mafia to blend and not have responsibility, but given that these are kills i think it may make the most sense to trim the fat early
Ññññ.

Too early to talk about lynching non poster.

I was thinking about the hero shooting thing.

I conclude that i dont care meanwhile that person can explain the shot and that explanation sound legit to me in day 1/2.

Saying hey i have a shot lets talk to decide who should we shot its a good and easy way for deepwolfing.

This post sounds to me like preparing the ground for the scenario where a scum is given the shot and can easily spend half a day just talking about the shot and not giving an opinion.

You post like a mafia 🌚.
Did you read the rules?

Since that scenario just isn't feasible, everyone submits a shot nobody knows who got the shot except for mafia.

There's no way to really discuss it in the sense of I have a shot who should I shoot, sinfe nobody knows who's gonna get one.

Mafia have one shot per the rules, so why you're so quick to say I'm mafia for trying to come up with a game plan is rather scummy actually.

Also if anything talking about the shots is by far one of the easiest ways to catch mafia, it's essentially just a second lynch for town if used correctly, not talking about it is gonna make everything murky and more difficult for town.
He's town don't fight him you will lose.
cat
Stool Pigeon

Post by cat »

I Refuse.
cat
Stool Pigeon

Post by cat »

Kylemii wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:34 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:30 pm cat, wilgy, Syn, Alison, kyle, and falcon all played in Simpsons. Just stating this for their information, if there was any valuable meta business in that game.
what? who was who in that game
Lisa Simpson was my town game. Pool #1 was my scum game. These are my only two games here.
cat
Stool Pigeon

Post by cat »

Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:05 pm cat is a duck, and i do not like that
It's a goose.
I don't like you being wrong .
[VOTE: Made] aubergine
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Cat might be bad instead of kyle
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

cat wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:57 am
Made wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:05 pm cat is a duck, and i do not like that
It's a goose.
I don't like you being wrong .
[VOTE: Made] aubergine
that's even worse

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

game state is relatively slow atm. The only things that really amounted to "substance" was the language confusion with samu and then sig going hardcore for a couple hours there lol

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

let's shake things up

ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

@Sloonei! J'accuse!

ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Syn wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:06 am @Sloonei! J'accuse!
Feliz navidad
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:29 pm

you are both town
Expand on your sig read.
The aggression shown by both sig and samu right out of the gate felt like two civilians who thought they’d caught mafiers.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:21 am If nobody else thinks it's good to discuss shots ect and leave it to the individual I'll roll with it. Buuuuuut, I want it noted for post game that I'm firmly against so I can do a "I told you so"

:p
Do you have a strategy to propose?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

cat wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:48 am
I Refuse.
you're the only person in this town that I respect
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

anyone with a Christmas themed avatar is immune to my vote and my gun for day 1 :mongoose:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That's... me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Heists”