Total votes: 22
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 1]

Post by nutella »

112 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:46 pm Sloonei and Nutella are mafia teammates too
no
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:46 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:45 pm I skimmed the Hyena case cause I haven’t been in thread w/Hyena yet and it was kinda boring lookin but I guess I have to read it now.
Hyena is town
yes
I don't think I realized you townread hyena, have much to say on that?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 424
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Sorry, Michelle.

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

don't think i've ever been mischopped as the top poster lol. first time for everything
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:19 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:17 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:08 pm I like to think I've gotten better at reading Radish and he really just feels more in his scum meta from his level of engagement here. And he keeps saying "I've just been fluffing as usual" when that's entirely *not* what he's been doing, I would have townread him if he was.

But maybe I should just wait for @Dyslexicon to read him XD

I've been wrong about Hyena a few times too but I agree with thunal, his sloonei takes look more manufactured than not.
Does he tend to engage more as town than as mafia?
Not generally, I'd say he engages more early on as mafia while as town it takes him a few phases to get super involved.
Okay. You were talking about Radishes right, since I was asking about Radish not Hyena?
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:55 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:19 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:17 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:08 pm I like to think I've gotten better at reading Radish and he really just feels more in his scum meta from his level of engagement here. And he keeps saying "I've just been fluffing as usual" when that's entirely *not* what he's been doing, I would have townread him if he was.

But maybe I should just wait for @Dyslexicon to read him XD

I've been wrong about Hyena a few times too but I agree with thunal, his sloonei takes look more manufactured than not.
Does he tend to engage more as town than as mafia?
Not generally, I'd say he engages more early on as mafia while as town it takes him a few phases to get super involved.
Okay. You were talking about Radishes right, since I was asking about Radish not Hyena?
Yeah
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 570

Post by DrWilgy »

Instead of Hazelnut, how are we feeling about the Sloonei/MR slot? Are those options available?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 214

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:55 pm don't think i've ever been mischopped as the top poster lol. first time for everything
Hopefully this song will help you through this troubling time.

Check out that alliteration!

we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:56 pm Instead of Hazelnut, how are we feeling about the Sloonei/MR slot? Are those options available?
weird post my dude
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:27 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:26 pmJackwolf
Meh
I concur
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:14 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:11 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:09 pm Jpic has been trending down down down
Go on
You've been on the sidelines and nudging forward suspicions of me, and now calling me/radish v/v could be tmi or you could be his teammate. Your iso is really passive as a whole and you seem to want to go with the flow, and a bit more so when the "flow" was to suspect me.
I don't think that's a fair interpretation of events, really.

I voiced suspicions at Syn during day 0, which I had changed my mind on and said as much in my ISO, which you have kindly brought up. I was very clear on my thoughts during your whole spat with Radishes and felt confident that he was town. Calling the following as TMI is lol: "I buy the nutella/MR as a v/v interaction now".
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 627
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm My issue with Nutella here is that I've had basically no content as is normal for me, and yet somehow she's giving a pass to other posters with similar reps (Nanook, Wilgy, et al) and apparently can't formulate any better reads on people with far more content. I am her *only* wolf read, and all I've done is shitpost as usual. My one bit of content, at a stretch, is a mild and brief back and forth with falcon where I felt he was being hedgey and forcing a push on me (and I stand by that, though I don't know it's AI for him) and that's apaprently enough to have her decide I am not only a wolf but her *only* wolf so far.

It's an opportunistic nudge and she's not disguising it well enough.
I guess I'll just continue my hard defense of nutella then.

Nutella has not given a pass to Nanook at all. She made a big post about why he's scum earlier in the phase and spent a lot of the early-early game pushing him. I think she's also been on the wilgy wagon at times, as evidenced by the post I just asked her to follow up on. So that part of Radish's argument here falls flat for me.

I would not disagree that focusing predominantly on low-content players in such a busy game is not the best look, though. If I have a criticism for nutella here, it is that. But, in the case of nanook particular, I felt her argument was more nuanced than simply "low activity bad." I can't say the same for Radish and Wilgy.

@nutella is there anyone you think is flying under the radar who deserves more attention than they are getting so far?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:57 pm
Go on
You've been on the sidelines and nudging forward suspicions of me, and now calling me/radish v/v could be tmi or you could be his teammate. Your iso is really passive as a whole and you seem to want to go with the flow, and a bit more so when the "flow" was to suspect me.

I voiced suspicions at Syn during day 0, which I had changed my mind on and said as much in my ISO, which you have kindly brought up. I was very clear on my thoughts during your whole spat with Radishes and felt confident that he was town. Calling the following as TMI is lol: "I buy the nutella/MR as a v/v interaction now".
what makes you so confident radish is town and what is the extent of your prior experience with him?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:38 pm Made is just a wolf in this game tbh.
Good take
Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:57 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:36 pm My issue with Nutella here is that I've had basically no content as is normal for me, and yet somehow she's giving a pass to other posters with similar reps (Nanook, Wilgy, et al) and apparently can't formulate any better reads on people with far more content. I am her *only* wolf read, and all I've done is shitpost as usual. My one bit of content, at a stretch, is a mild and brief back and forth with falcon where I felt he was being hedgey and forcing a push on me (and I stand by that, though I don't know it's AI for him) and that's apaprently enough to have her decide I am not only a wolf but her *only* wolf so far.

Nutella has not given a pass to Nanook at all. She made a big post about why he's scum earlier in the phase and spent a lot of the early-early game pushing him. I think she's also been on the wilgy wagon at times, as evidenced by the post I just asked her to follow up on. So that part of Radish's argument here falls flat for me.

I would not disagree that focusing predominantly on low-content players in such a busy game is not the best look, though. If I have a criticism for nutella here, it is that. But, in the case of nanook particular, I felt her argument was more nuanced than simply "low activity bad." I can't say the same for Radish and Wilgy.

@nutella is there anyone you think is flying under the radar who deserves more attention than they are getting so far?
jpic
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:39 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:50 pm I will say that it looks like Nute is turning the back-and-forth into a "look, maybe you're town" when the start of the conversation was more centred around MR thinking she's wolfing. It's possible she's trying to placate.
Mmm yes quite.
Is Hazelnut the type to placate?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Syn wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:39 pm
dyachei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:26 pm is it bad I already feel burnt out from catching up?
no

the volume in this game is absurd
That's why the strat is to just read the past 100 or so posts and involve yourself. If shit's important, you'll see it.

#slanklyfe #I'venevermissedanythingimportant #Inevergetmisyeetedday1
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:38 pm Made is just a wolf in this game tbh.
he's been hovering around there for me for a while but i've felt more ok about some of his recent stuff. he's not one of my main suspects
bad take
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:46 pm Sloonei and Nutella are mafia teammates too
This is the best take
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 584

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella town

Sloonei mafia

Slootella mafia

The mafia is the dominant gene you see
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:48 pm Look I don't want to draw this out into a tunnely back and forth. I will listen and consider. Im just saying my read on you is as real as any strong gut read I get early game, and I'm often right on those.
I like the tone of this post. nutella doesn't like the direction things are heading, and it is starting to feel like the nutella/radish thing can become a bit of a black hole in the thread, so she steps back and tries to cool things off before they reach that point. I just keep seeing town nutella everywhere.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:00 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:40 pm
he's been hovering around there for me for a while but i've felt more ok about some of his recent stuff. he's not one of my main suspects
bad take
what, u wanna wagon there? I'm game, just think hyena is a more solid case
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 424
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:59 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:39 pm
112 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:50 pm I will say that it looks like Nute is turning the back-and-forth into a "look, maybe you're town" when the start of the conversation was more centred around MR thinking she's wolfing. It's possible she's trying to placate.
Mmm yes quite.
Is Hazelnut the type to placate?
:ponder:

Maybe.
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 452

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:55 pm don't think i've ever been mischopped as the top poster lol. first time for everything
smh you're not getting chopped stop complaining
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:01 pm
This is the best take
it's not even original lol

tim brought it up first and i said if sloonei is a wolf he's pocketing me but i'm pretty sure he's just town
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:01 pm Nutella town

Sloonei mafia

Slootella mafia

Why must I be nutella's teammate? Why can't my town read on her be authentic?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:57 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:56 pm Instead of Hazelnut, how are we feeling about the Sloonei/MR slot? Are those options available?
weird post my dude
Just not ready to yeet you my friend. Your lines are too heavy and the gravity around you seems more beneficial to keep in the game.
Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:02 pm
whoa where did you come from
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Here's the thing

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:58 pm
Go on

what makes you so confident radish is town and what is the extent of your prior experience with him?
I admit that I have not played with scum!Radish. So I could be wildly offbase.

He seems very similar to how he played in Radiohead, but perhaps with slightly more investment in this game, but that could be because this is champs. Like I said earlier though, his reactions felt genuine and didn't come across as faked to me, alongside I thought he came up with some pretty good points during the exchange as well.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:02 pm

Sloonei mafia

Slootella mafia

I didn't say nothing bout your townread
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:03 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:02 pm
whoa where did you come from
I just pop in from time to time
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:03 pm Here's the thing

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
that's what I like to see
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I've largely vibed with both sloonei and tutuu who are strong town leader types and somehow the rest of the thread is against me, it's weird

Towncore gotta take charge
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:59 pm

jpic
Let's do it! Gimme some bullet points about Justplayingitscummy
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:03 pm
Go on

He seems very similar to how he played in Radiohead, but perhaps with slightly more investment in this game, but that could be because this is champs. Like I said earlier though, his reactions felt genuine and didn't come across as faked to me, alongside I thought he came up with some pretty good points during the exchange as well.
This is a Russ @nutella
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei mafia

Slootella mafia

Shhh... delete this dad. This is a secret. The half Elephant half paprika creature must remain hidden.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:04 pm I've largely vibed with both sloonei and tutuu who are strong town leader types and somehow the rest of the thread is against me, it's weird

Maybe cuz they're both wolves and you're pocketed
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:04 pm

Sloonei mafia

Slootella mafia

Then why do you keep insisting on this point?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Go on

ok

well I can tell you that "coming up with good points" might be a wolftell for radish

I learned my lesson there back in the covid game
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:05 pm

Sloonei mafia

Slootella mafia

I said it once?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:04 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:59 pm

jpic
Let's do it! Gimme some bullet points about Justplayingitscummy
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei flustered. We got him bois. Take him down.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:04 pm I've largely vibed with both sloonei and tutuu who are strong town leader types and somehow the rest of the thread is against me, it's weird

We'll make our own towncore. @tutuu get in here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Go on

This is a Russ @nutella
Mmm yeah actually
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:05 pm
Go on

ok

well I can tell you that "coming up with good points" might be a wolftell for radish

I learned my lesson there back in the covid game
Are you implying that radish makes bad points as town :ponder:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:05 pm

Sloonei mafia

Slootella mafia

I said it once?
Say it twice. I command you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:07 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:05 pm

Sloonei mafia

Slootella mafia

I said it once?
Say it twice. I command you.
And I was calling her town in the post you quoted.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 5:06 pm

We'll make our own towncore. @tutuu get in here.
Or you fuckers can just listen to me for once. :beer:
Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 341
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 2:24 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 1:52 pm I'm uneasy about hazelnut, but that's because she keeps calling me town and I don't deserve it... yet.
How would you feel if I said this very post makes me uneasy about you XD
My gut would be uneasy :goofp:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”