Post by Made »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:39 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:36 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:33 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:29 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:27 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:23 pm

Oh Alison, my mistake. I've already said why I'm voting for her, I don't believe her.
What about her claim did you not believe?
I think she's a wolf, so the whole thing I suppose.

Why does that seem to bother you?
Do you think she's a mafia who claims that? For one, it just adds needless suspicion. Alison is a good player, so if she is scum people are going to notice that she isn't dying at night due to not being nightkilled. There is no reason for someone who is mafia to claim that at all.

I could understand if you think she's a naughty indie who isn't giving us the whole truth. In my opinion, indies are distractions that scum uses to hide behind.

I have said before I wouldn't be against the yeet as a fallback, but its not the optimal decision.
I'm going with the idea that she's a wolf hiding in plain sight, which is fiendishly clever. She actually addresses in her claim post why the Maf should not kill her, so that's an easy explanation she can use as to why she's not been NK'd.

Is she Maf, is that the hill I'm gonna die on? I dunno, maybe. Given her activity level, I'm comfortable with it
Do you think she came up with the role?
:shrug: She does have a wealth of experience from which to draw upon
if it is a lie, it's a pretty perfect one. if Alison is mafia, then the other mafia team is incentivized to try to get her bargins, the her mafia team just shoots the fish in the barrel.
if there is a gambit demon in this game, they have no reason to counter claim. Hell, they could just use the advantage and target the people Alison lines up for them.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1359
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 1]

Post by Michelle »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:41 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:38 pm
Syn wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:11 pm
Michelle wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:09 pm
Syn wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:08 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:07 pm JPIC: low energy posts, which ask more questions of others than say anything as to his own thoughts on the game. The few thoughts I did see from him came with little to no explanation. He says that's how he plays? I dunno, I'm not familiar with his gamestyle. 60% scum.

Tim: for a guy who says he's into the big picture, he sure seems to be playing a snap shot type of game. Again, not familiar with his gamestyle. 60% scum

Martin: super small sample size, but his posts seem to come from a game solve mindset. 70% town
You ISO'd three people in a 3300+ post game in like 10 minutes?
The 3 are low posters ig
~400 posts between them all
He prolly just skimmed and took some ideas.
I can agree it's odd

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

If Alison thought of that role on the spot then Jesus. I think it's more likely the role is true. At worst she is hiding certain parts of the role.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 1114
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

@falcon45ca in fact i demand that you move your vote off alison now. it's not a productive place to be. i suggest radish
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1011
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:55 pm If Alison thought of that role on the spot then Jesus. I think it's more likely the role is true. At worst she is hiding certain parts of the role.
alison posted a similar post in the game that the gambit demon was actually in
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 pm I'm not saying this to defend myself and I'm not even sure if it's AI, I'm just thinking out loud:

I put a lot of thought into my posts as either alignment. I double check things and write things down and make sure my tone isn't wrong or forced. It feels restrictive but I do it anyway since I don't want to be in the PoE and I hate being yeeted. Turbos and video mafia feel more freeing since I can actually be myself without having to look at my posts under a microscope since I don't have the time to do that. Maybe I should stop overanalyzing my posts, I don't know, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to accept the downturn in results I think will come from that. I like being a good player and I want to be a better player, I take this game seriously especially in the long forum format. I just wish that the best strategy was to be myself but from experience I don't think it is. I'll try not to overthink quite as much, I guess, but I don't know what will come from that.
Tone is good but is that within their scum-range....? :thinking:

I initially thought this was a response to me in which case it was really good on basis of regency, but a few posts later they give a separate response to me.

But looking at their ISO for the past 30 posts or so I kinda feel like I should give them the benefit of the doubt and call them a town-lean. If they're scum then I'll learn to take greater care on reading them. However, I have this gut feeling they're playing or thinking in a similar manner as to they once were in Grasslands. Like, it feels familiar and I don't want to muddy that with thoughts of WIFOM.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Made wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:57 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:55 pm If Alison thought of that role on the spot then Jesus. I think it's more likely the role is true. At worst she is hiding certain parts of the role.
Which game was this?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:58 pm
Made wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:57 pm
Which game was this?
Alison wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 2:05 am The Gambit Demon has bargained with me.

Here is the reference post outlining the Gambit Demon's role, as stated in the OP. It is a third-party role.
-Gambit Demon: During the day, select a player to bargain with. You will join a chat with the player who can choose to accept your help *SECRETS*
On Day 0, the Gambit Demon selected me as the target, and has revealed their identity to me. They have performed a full claim to me, listing every detail about their role and win condition, and assured me that they intend to townside this game because it helps them fulfil their win condition. I will not be revealing the Gambit Demon's identity right now, because the Mafia Obliterator has a soupkill.

In the spoilers below, I will set out what the Gambit Demon's roleclaim is, how we can use it to our advantage, and ways to protect against deception or treachery by the Demon.
Here is what the Gambit Demon claims their role does.

1) As stated in the OP, they can select a player to bargain with, and gain BTSC with them.
2) When a player is being bargained with, they may choose at night to gain more power by striking a deal with the demon. This grants them a power role, but comes at a cost.
3) The first time they strike a deal, they gain a roleblock, but their vote is reduced to 0 the next day. This is "tier 1".
4)The second time they strike a deal is "tier 2", giving them the ability to swap places with another player (ie. a Bus Driver ability), at the cost of having all abilities directed at the Gambit Demon redirect to them instead.
5) The third time is "tier 3", and kills them instantly but allows them to either kill or protect any other player.

This is a mere claim; the Gambit Demon can be lying about any part of this.

The Gambit Demon claims that their win condition is to have any person either take the tier 3 deal, OR strike 7 deals in total. That means that there must be seven instances of a person accepting a power - it could be 3 players going up to tier 2 and a third going up to tier 1, or 7 different players going up to tier 1, or any combination that lets them get up to 7 deals struck in total.

I have very good reasons to believe this win condition is the absolute truth. I think it is imprudent to specify those reasons, but I will ask you to take it on faith that they're being honest about that part - there aren't any booby traps, or "everyone who strikes a deal with the demon ends up getting killed" things going on with this. They just have to get one person to tier 3 or seven people to tier 1, and then they win and can check out of the thread.
I believe there is a way for us to use the Gambit Demon's role to our advantage. I will outline briefly the plan here. Naturally there will be concern about betrayal on the part of the Demon. These concerns will be dealt with in the third spoiler, "Protections against treachery". The plan is as follows.

1) I will personally select a player who I trust to be town. The Gambit Demon will offer them a bargain, opening BTSC with them. I myself will strike a deal with the Demon for the tier 1 benefit, and so will the player who they contact.

2) In this manner, two players that I trust to be town will gain a power role (roleblock). Then, we will select another player who we trust to be town, possibly with input from the rest of the thread. This player will also take a tier 1 power.

3) This process repeats, with a new consensus town player selected each night, and taking powers. This part is very important: NO PLAYER WILL TAKE ANY POWER BEYOND TIER 1. Tier 1 is the power that runs the least chance of a catastrophic booby trap implanted in it, as it is hardly likely for the host to inflict severe penalties on someone who accepts a single night's bargain. The downside is not particularly relevant, especially this early in the game. More importantly, it is crucial to the strategy I have devised for protecting against the Demon's treachery that nobody take more than 1 tier of power. I repeat: [color=]ACCEPT THE FIRST DEAL, AND NO MORE[/color]. Don't get greedy and try to make a hero bus driver shot and ruin everything.

4) The sum result of this is that we will essentially turn the Gambit Demon into machine that generates one free roleblock shot every night, to be handed out to people deemed consensus town. Because it is public who the roleblocks are given to, they are held accountable for their shots. That means if we accidentally misclear a wolf and give them a roleblock, they're obliged to use it on someone the town thinks they should use it on, rather than roleblocking a town player or claimed PR.

5) The Gambit Demon has agreed to this plan, because this allows them to get seven bargains struck fairly easily and fulfil their win condition.
Now, a name like "Gambit Demon" doesn't exactly inspire suspicion, and neither does the thought of striking mysterious "deals" with them. However, there is no need to worry, as I have devised two strategies to ensure that the Gambit Demon is incentivized to side with town and to obediently hand out roleblocker shots to whoever we agree should get it.

Strategy One: The Leash
Because my plan involves no player taking a power beyond tier 1, the Gambit Demon will have to give seven different players a tier 1 power in order to win. This means that we are essentially putting a leash on them, forcing them to work with us and give players we select a tier 1 power over the course of 7 days. By controlling the circumstances in which the Gambit Demon is permitted to win, and ensuring that they won't actually achieve their win condition until later in the game, we force them to side with us early in the game in order to reach that win condition. This protects against scumsiding, and also against situations where the Gambit Demon achieves their win condition and is free to rampage around the thread causing chaos as they please.

Strategy Two: The Dead Man's Switch
One of my major concerns when constructing this strategy was the possibility of the bargain being more Faustian than expected - perhaps taking a power would have some negative side effect inflicted on me that the Demon has chosen not to disclose. Or perhaps the Demon would get some measure of power over me as a player if I take their bargain. Or perhaps they're simply lying about some aspects of their role claim (remember, I have reason to believe that their win condition is accurate, but not that their role claim is) and can't be trusted.

For this reason, I have established a Dead Man's Switch strategy that allows the Gambit Demon's role to be kept secret (to protect them from being killed by the Obliterator) if they cooperate, but leaked to the rest of the thread if and only if something goes wrong. They are incentivized to make sure this does not happen, because if their identity is leaked, they will be killed either by the Obliterator or by townies, and therefore be unable to achieve their win condition (which is why the Leash is important for keeping them in line, by allowing us to hold this Damocles' Doom over their head).

The strategy is as follows. When the Gambit Demon contacts a player to offer a bargain to them, they gain BTSC with that player. (Remember, this is a player that's been agreed on to be unimpeachably town by the rest of the thread.) As stated in the plan, they will accept the deal and again the tier 1 roleblocking power. They will also, at the same time, establish the Gambit Demon's identity. This can be done in a multitude of ways, or as the player sees fit. If you don't have a better way, the Gambit Demon will tell you what method I used to establish their identity and then have you use it to prove their identity to you.

Under ordinary circumstances, the Gambit Demon's identity is to be kept secret to protect against Obliterator. But if anything goes wrong, the players who know the Gambit Demon's identity will reveal it to the thread, and the town will then execute them, preventing them from completing their win condition. The threat of this will keep the Gambit Demon in line. Things going wrong include: the Gambit Demon not offering a bargain to the person we agreed on, an undeclared negative side effect happening on people who took deals, the people who took deals previously dropping dead without a good explanation for why, or any other evidence of foul play or treachery.

If we have falsely cleared a wolf, and wrongly selected scum to receive the Gambit Demon's bargain, then scum will be privy to the knowledge of who the Gambit Demon is. If the Gambit Demon themselves dies under suspicious circumstances (eg. the Obliterator's soup kill), then we will know that one of the people who we trusted enough to give a roleblock to was a deepwolf in disguise. This is still a positive development for us, because it proves the existence of a deepwolf while we have already gotten to reap some benefits from the Gambit Demon (in the form of giving townies free roleblocks). If the mafia want to waste their nightkill on a 3P slot and work to pass it off as something other than a Gambit Demon snipe (which would out the existence of a deepwolf), that is also fine by me.
If there are any objections or flaws with this plan, let me know.
(she was lost wolf this game)
honestly, claiming gambit demon might not be AI, might just be best play regardless of alightment
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:24 pm
Syn wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:20 pm falcon plummeting for me rn
How can I plummet for you if I never ascended to begin with?
I don't think I've posted reads, so there's no way you could know where I had you
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Syn wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:01 pm
I don't think I've posted reads, so there's no way you could know where I had you
Every time I see how tired you look in your profile pic I want to give you a hug. I've been thinking that for a while, so I thought I should just tell you
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

so cute omg
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Made wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:03 pm
Every time I see how tired you look in your profile pic I want to give you a hug. I've been thinking that for a while, so I thought I should just tell you
your pfp on the other hand looks so alert and studious and focused with the help of lo fi beats

im jealous

i have a headache
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

too much screen time for my tired elephant eyes
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Every time I see it it makes me think Lisa is just a heavy smoker
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 1030

Post by Dyslexicon »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 pm I'm not saying this to defend myself and I'm not even sure if it's AI, I'm just thinking out loud:

I put a lot of thought into my posts as either alignment. I double check things and write things down and make sure my tone isn't wrong or forced. It feels restrictive but I do it anyway since I don't want to be in the PoE and I hate being yeeted. Turbos and video mafia feel more freeing since I can actually be myself without having to look at my posts under a microscope since I don't have the time to do that. Maybe I should stop overanalyzing my posts, I don't know, but I'm not sure if I'm willing to accept the downturn in results I think will come from that. I like being a good player and I want to be a better player, I take this game seriously especially in the long forum format. I just wish that the best strategy was to be myself but from experience I don't think it is. I'll try not to overthink quite as much, I guess, but I don't know what will come from that.
I vaguely like this post. I don't know if Thunal would plan to address this in such a way as scum.
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:57 pm

I initially thought this was a response to me in which case it was really good on basis of regency, but a few posts later they give a separate response to me.

But looking at their ISO for the past 30 posts or so I kinda feel like I should give them the benefit of the doubt and call them a town-lean. If they're scum then I'll learn to take greater care on reading them. However, I have this gut feeling they're playing or thinking in a similar manner as to they once were in Grasslands. Like, it feels familiar and I don't want to muddy that with thoughts of WIFOM.
It's not a direct response to anything, it's a line of thought I went down by myself after people called my tone stiff.
ImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Syn wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:20 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:19 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:19 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:17 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:15 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:13 pm
Syn wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:08 pm

You ISO'd three people in a 3300+ post game in like 10 minutes?
Martin has like 10 posts, and JPIC doesn't have much either, and each of his posts is like 1-2 sentences max. Give it a go, see how long it takes you for those 3
Why on earth do you want to yet a claimed indie
Did I vote for you? Do I not have you at a 40% chance of being town?

Holy moley, sorry I didn't see you as a lock town 100% never gonna give you up die by yer side Bonnie Tyler holding out for a hero kinda read, but hey them's the breaks kid.
You avoided the question. Why are you voting out a claimed indie
I'm not voting for you.
JPIC isn't a claimed independent

rofl
O.o

[VOTE: Falcon45ca] aubergine

Like the "I'm not voting you" is worse than when Thundercat once said "You'll have my vote later" or something when he entered the game on D1 (or D0?) of shadow corridors

if only I scum-read that Marmot sock puppet more
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:06 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:57 pm

It's not a direct response to anything, it's a line of thought I went down by myself after people called my tone stiff.
Yeah this does feel like the Thunal (in terms of thinking) I saw in Grasslands once.

I want to trust that gut feeling.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:04 pm
your pfp on the other hand looks so alert and studious and focused with the help of lo fi beats

im jealous

i have a headache
you can make your own here!!!

v v v v v
https://picrew.me/image_maker/457262
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Hi.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

How big of a plummet? o:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 584

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:29 pm @MacDougall please read my above post I want you to understand this
I see.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

112 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:32 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:26 pm
112 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 1:35 am nanook's not happening right now

[VOTE: dizzy] aubergine
Here it is. So.

1. Nanook isn't happening, but I am? How? Cause I'm pretty sure I'm not.
2. You don't know me. SNAPSNAPSNAP
3. What was this "scummy" you saw in my posts?
4. You don't know me. SNAP
1. Maybe not but it's worth a shot. #SickRhymes
2. lolcatting
3. I've already said it's mostly down to tone, but I also think you're forcing jokes too much and trying to be go-with-the-flowish but it's fabricated, almost like you're some sort of simulacrum.
4. This is what I'm talking about.
Whenever I see someone claim that they're not happening, I feel obligated to vote for them. Thus, I'll help out. <3
[VOTE: Dizzy] aubergine
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Syn wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:34 pm
112 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:24 pm kill nanook/dizzy/MAYBE (huge maybe) tim tonight

ez game
are you trying to coordinate night kills

what
This is the ITA shot list for later.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Have we yet talked about how Hyena had claimed a role that was a scum role in its first iteration?
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 214

Post by falcon45ca »

Made wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:50 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:42 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:39 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:36 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:33 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:29 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:27 pm

What about her claim did you not believe?
I think she's a wolf, so the whole thing I suppose.

Why does that seem to bother you?
Do you think she's a mafia who claims that? For one, it just adds needless suspicion. Alison is a good player, so if she is scum people are going to notice that she isn't dying at night due to not being nightkilled. There is no reason for someone who is mafia to claim that at all.

I could understand if you think she's a naughty indie who isn't giving us the whole truth. In my opinion, indies are distractions that scum uses to hide behind.

I have said before I wouldn't be against the yeet as a fallback, but its not the optimal decision.
I'm going with the idea that she's a wolf hiding in plain sight, which is fiendishly clever. She actually addresses in her claim post why the Maf should not kill her, so that's an easy explanation she can use as to why she's not been NK'd.

Is she Maf, is that the hill I'm gonna die on? I dunno, maybe. Given her activity level, I'm comfortable with it
Do you think she came up with the role?
:shrug: She does have a wealth of experience from which to draw upon
if it is a lie, it's a pretty perfect one. if Alison is mafia, then the other mafia team is incentivized to try to get her bargins, the her mafia team just shoots the fish in the barrel.
if there is a gambit demon in this game, they have no reason to counter claim. Hell, they could just use the advantage and target the people Alison lines up for them.
There's more than 1 Maf team? Is this confirmed? If so, where?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:29 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:18 pm [VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine

I just feel like he'd care more about his push on 112 as town.
I feel like you're the one who doesn't care about your pushes and now you're voting the right person for the wrong reasons imo lol. I agree with dya's assessment that you're going through the motions.

Also you're concerned about dizzy's read of you but he's barely read anything--though if I'm gonna trust any spontaneous guy read he has it would be on you as one of the players he's most familiar with
I dunno about this. As much as I thought Thunal was pushing me for bad reason, I never felt that she didn't care about her push on me, especially taking into consideration how she didn't let up on it at any point before I claimed. o:
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:26 pm [VOTE: Dizzy] aubergine
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:46 pm
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:45 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:42 pm
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:39 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:37 pm So did I miss anything?
Mac just explained the rules
Yeah I got here just in time for that part...I mean in the previous however many pages since I bailed out.

I see the Hyena wagon dissipated...yours didn't. Wanna give me a tl;dr on how you got sussed?
I’ve been naughty 👿

Still processing whether or not that’s optimal play, but I’ll sleep on it
Depends on if you squirm out of it.
never doubt me pal :D
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:26 pm

Here it is. So.

2. lolcatting
3. I've already said it's mostly down to tone, but I also think you're forcing jokes too much and trying to be go-with-the-flowish but it's fabricated, almost like you're some sort of simulacrum.
Whenever I see someone claim that they're not happening, I feel obligated to vote for them. Thus, I'll help out. <3
Dizzy seems pretty townie to me so I don't really understand this vote, and whether this is you joking around
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Good point.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

never confirmed, falcon, but ur the only person to give real push back on it, and thread consensus likes to imagine there's only 2 mafia teams. I'm assuming someone scum slipped somewhere and we're looking at two teams till I see evidence for otherwise
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Made wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:29 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:26 pm [VOTE: Dizzy] aubergine
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:46 pm
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:45 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:42 pm
Made wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:39 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:37 pm So did I miss anything?
Mac just explained the rules
Yeah I got here just in time for that part...I mean in the previous however many pages since I bailed out.

I see the Hyena wagon dissipated...yours didn't. Wanna give me a tl;dr on how you got sussed?
I’ve been naughty 👿

Still processing whether or not that’s optimal play, but I’ll sleep on it
Depends on if you squirm out of it.
never doubt me pal :D
I'll admit that I did see you ask me to move my vote, and that was partially why I moved my vote. :D
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

nutella wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 4:55 pm @falcon45ca in fact i demand that you move your vote off alison now. it's not a productive place to be. i suggest radish
[VOTE: VOTE ALISON] aubergine[VOTE: VOTE ALISON] aubergine[VOTE: VOTE ALISON] aubergine
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Made wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:31 pm never confirmed, falcon, but ur the only person to give real push back on it, and thread consensus likes to imagine there's only 2 mafia teams. I'm assuming someone scum slipped somewhere and we're looking at two teams till I see evidence for otherwise
Real pushback = asking if it's been confirmed?

Oooooookay
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:30 pm
Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:26 pm

Here it is. So.

2. lolcatting
Dizzy seems pretty townie to me so I don't really understand this vote, and whether this is you joking around
I haven't read many of Dizzy's posts yet. I'm just going through the past couple of pages and picking out random posts to respond to.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:27 pm Have we yet talked about how Hyena had claimed a role that was a scum role in its first iteration?
Man, I dunno. o:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Made wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:14 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:04 pm

im jealous

i have a headache

v v v v v
u so cuteeee omg

here me
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ugh I have to actually focus on work for a few hours. bbl love yall
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:32 pm
Made wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:31 pm never confirmed, falcon, but ur the only person to give real push back on it, and thread consensus likes to imagine there's only 2 mafia teams. I'm assuming someone scum slipped somewhere and we're looking at two teams till I see evidence for otherwise
Real pushback = asking if it's been confirmed?

Oooooookay
that's what im saying. everyone else has just taken it for Gospel. it's kinda weird tbh.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:49 am I will also need more than "X could be scum because it's multiball and they can be scumhunting honestly" at all points in this game. Yes, that is a thing to be mindful of, but it is not a case in itself.
hey @Sloonei

it might sound absurd

but it actually feels like that's what town Thunal says or happens to think about many times

or at the very least I get the feeling I recognize their responses and thinking as if they were from the Grasslands game:
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:28 am
Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:10 am My issue isn't the read you're making. My issue is that you're like handing out reads left and right for stuff that (in my view) should be close to NAI, and I don't see evidence of the paranoia I'd expect to see from town there. There's a disparity between the substance of the read and the attitude you have towards it that I think can be plausibly explained by you having NAI on the subject of the read.

This isn't to say that townies can never be paranoid about their townreads early. But I think that kind of confidence comes either from a long history or extensive meta on the person, or because they saw something that they thought was really hard to fake. I don't think you believe that the observations you've made about me are at all hard to fake - which makes me question why the possibility I was faking didn't seem to factor into your analysis.
The possibility the person is faking always does come into my analysis, but it's not exactly good town strategy to hedge every single read I make by saying "This looks good, but they could be faking" or "I like these thoughts, but they could be faking them." It's kind of obvious that it's a possibility so I don't feel the need to actually state it.
(DEAR READER: THE ABOVE QUOTE IS IN A PAST GAME. THANK YOU.)

The only problem I could see is this, but I would argue that since it comes into play with their thinking and analysis so often, its probably difficult to keep a consistent behavior of not stating the obvious. Especially since their recent post here, in this game:

Suggests trying to be open with all of their thoughts and that IMO their tone was overall good here, though not to a clearing degree.

Not to mention, them "not stating the obvious" was actually the clear cause of them getting into a TvT for said Grasslands game. (<- Link to a huge post about it)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Not to mention this game COULD be multi-ball and hence they may feel more need to say it than before.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Hyena wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:27 pm Have we yet talked about how Hyena had claimed a role that was a scum role in its first iteration?
Man, I dunno. o:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:08 pm I exist, but don't expect me to post before at least half the game is dead. Sorryboutit ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Who do you think you are? Tim?
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:00 am Mafia. So much fun.
Only D1 and D2. Then it gets stressful. :x
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:02 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:00 am Mafia. So much fun.
Who’s the joat?
Anyone but Radish, me thinks. :mafia:
So you're scumreading Radish? :3
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:08 am
Timsup2nothin wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:07 am Dizzaaaaayyyy!!!!
Timmmaaaaayyyyy!

Every game I play with you, I just hang out and don't have the time to play. =p
This has brought me far in my mafia career. It's a good luck charm. :beer:
Oh, okay. You and Tim ARE buddies then -- scumbuddies that is!
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:27 am
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 11:46 pm As far as faking reads being NAI, I disagree with that since town has no incentive to fake reads, but mafia still does because they have to fake reads on their partners and they might strategically tweak some of their reads to fit their agenda. I think if someone fakes a read that person is likely mafia, but faking reads is less common than in other mafia games.
I fake reads as town all the time. :kadaj:

Also: Thunal is mafia.

:cloud9:
Okay, I actually remember seeing this post and feeling better after getting annoyed about people not understanding my playstyle. :D I dunno if Thunal is mafia anymore though after the comparisons to Alison. I think I have to reset my read on Thunal after that.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:31 pm [VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
mac either I'm wrong or you're wrong

and I am contractually obligated by my bias to tell you you're wrong
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:40 pm

what if thunal is 3p then whos wrong thats like division by 0 dude
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

tutuu wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:33 pm
Made wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:14 pm

v v v v v
u so cuteeee omg

here me
Daphne vibes
we love to see it :nicenod:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:39 am
nutella wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 12:37 ami also just don't like spreading misinformation
Boring tbh tbh
Yeeees. :D
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:12 pm Wait. Who dares voting me? @112 SNAPSNAPSNAP
Okay, this is funny now after reading most of Dizzy's ISO.

-------------------

I haven't finished reading it yet, and I didn't look too deeply into the Radish stuff (it looked good on a surface level), but she seems pretty relaxed and stuff. I'd call her town, yeah. I think I'll call JPIC town, too, now, for bringing it up and for a post I saw earlier that I liked. (I'll pull it up in a second)
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

tutuu wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:41 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:40 pm

what if thunal is 3p then whos wrong thats like division by 0 dude
Actually, that's fair. I'm terrible at catching 3p's.

I still feel like they're unlikely to be mafia. Mayyybeeee 3p but I haven't looked into that.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

I feel like being a troll right now!
[VOTE: Tutuu] aubergine

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”