No yeet
5%
EpiDun (Host, Mod, Dead, Specs)
64%

Total votes: 22
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 582
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 5]

Post by tedxtr »

Long Con wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:47 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:17 am I think what makes the most sense is this:

Kyle is the other 3p counter to Ted's role. His ding ding is for when he finds Ted's role, not for mafia/town. He claims that it's for mafia/town in order to get Ted yeeted and complete his wincon.

I think this cause Kyle's role seems stacked for being a town role.
And I don't think Ted is lying about being 3p, cause I don't think that would benefit him as mafia in the end anyway.

I think I want to yeet Sloonei anyway. And then Ted could target Kyle with the strongman, confirming this. And if Kyle is not 3p, then Ted is scum.

Something like that? Not sure if the last part is the best actions to take, but Kyle being 3p here makes sense.
Kyle's role isn't just for finding Ted's role, because he's been talking about his role's results since before last night, you know? He's been pseudo-parity-checking since night 2 when he didn't get a ding from checking me against falcon.
you're not refuting dizzy's point at all. the point is that the claim IS designed to find me, but it also tells him who's the same alignment and different alignments. he can just claim that in thread for extra cred points. after all he has to outlast me.

and once again
tedxtr wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:35 pm and i am near 70% sure kyle is a 3P role that has to find someone (some role or something), but if he’s a wolf then that’s good too

cliffs : there’s probably a very low likelihood of his claim being real (mostly the posting restriction part of it)

and even if it is real, then hosts would never allow him to tell the thread “hi guise so i have a role that can do cool stuff but all i’ll have to do is shut up” because the whole point of posting restriction roles is that you have to maneuver your way around suspicion by making safe votes, and expose yourself to suspicion because you’re not posting.

there’s usually a risk you have to pay in order to gain these “abilities” when it comes to posting restriction roles. that’s pretty much the design idea behind it.

so why would he be able to claim that when he basically has no risks to encounter and gains op abilities too? like what’s the point of it?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

kyle already said he has multiple powers, among which can be normal checks too fwiw

because i also do have one, but i've been running like ass
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:34 am
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:29 am I've been a player in all three of the highest posting games.

So have...Nutella, Mac...Jack? Nanook?
Game of Spammers 2020
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1077

Post by Master Radishes »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:37 am kyle already said he has multiple powers
This has long nagged at me, I have to admit.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I mean, the fact Ted subbed in to the game and immediately locktowned me despite lots of people scumreading me at the time also long nagged at me. But I accepted the pocket out of expedience and because I like Ted.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

It does seem sort of sus that when Ted brings up the 3P theory, kyle then uses his ability on ted
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:53 am I mean, the fact Ted subbed in to the game and immediately locktowned me despite lots of people scumreading me at the time also long nagged at me. But I accepted the pocket out of expedience and because I like Ted.
i'm a 3p br0, there's nothing to lose

i assumed i was leaving game early, that read was based off of a 3 post toan read lmao

it is what it is though, hope you enjoyed the pocket
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:53 am I mean, the fact Ted subbed in to the game and immediately locktowned me despite lots of people scumreading me at the time also long nagged at me. But I accepted the pocket out of expedience and because I like Ted.
fellow townie radishes

Please tell me your read on tutuu. I don't want to start sussing there, but if kyle is indeed 3p, tutuu loses a bit of towncred for me
Master Radishes
Hitman

Let's just kill all 3P claims in order of who seems closest to achieving their wincon.

Tbh I'm an Indy purist - play to the end and don't reveal. None of these weak-ass 'try to cut a deal with one side or the other' shenanigans. Let's punish people who do that and bring Mafia back to a state where Indies play as a third hidden faction properly.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:55 am Let's just kill all 3P claims in order of who seems closest to achieving their wincon.

Tbh I'm an Indy purist - play to the end and don't reveal. None of these weak-ass 'try to cut a deal with one side or the other' shenanigans. Let's punish people who do that and bring Mafia back to a state where Indies play as a third hidden faction properly.
loooool

i'm not cutting any deals yo
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:55 am
fellow townie radishes

Please tell me your read on tutuu. I don't want to start sussing there, but if kyle is indeed 3p, tutuu loses a bit of towncred for me
Removing all mech-related reads, tutuu remains town for me. Go have a flip through Sloonei's iso - I think it spews her town on D1 in the same vein Marmot's iso does.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

another cool stuff that i wanna point out and is pretty elite

both mac and nutella wavered on me for a lot of time. whenever they scum read me for a bit, they went back to town reading me after.

i'll give you 5 seconds to think about why? shieeet just makes sense.
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:58 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:55 am
fellow townie radishes

Removing all mech-related reads, tutuu remains town for me. Go have a flip through Sloonei's iso - I think it spews her town on D1 in the same vein Marmot's iso does.
Thank you for being my sanity checker
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 1248
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:09 am Didn't Kyle say his thing couldn't tell if he hit a 3p?
that was to simplify things on day 2 when my only targets were LC and Falcon.

because I was given a notification after last night specifically, I 100% either hit mafia, whether it was by tapping on tedxtr's shoulder or via redirection. roleblocks and indies roles wouldn't apply to this situation.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

im still catching up, if tedxtr is just lying here then it is a cool lie and I respect him for it.

and if anyone had any redirections active last night it is vital to publicize that please
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 624

Post by hollowkatt »

so we just chop sloonei and evaluate based on flips? I'm struggling to keep up again with the mechs :(
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:55 am I have several questions/remarks:

1. We know Kyle didn't successfully target Falcon, cause Martin jailkept Falcon. No town confirmed targeted.

2. How the hell does the "ding ding ding" make any sense for Kyle to get if he targeted 3p on N4? Would this not mean that one of Ted and Kyle is lying?

I don't see why Ted would lie about being 3p tbh. Definitely not as town. Maybe as mafia, but I don't really think it's a good way to get out of trouble as mafia? Maybe, but uhhh
wait what?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

sorry I forgot that one was blur
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 627
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:26 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:22 am
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:05 am Guys guys guys.

We need to focus on important things here.

Like the fact we're on track to make this the highest-posting game in Syndicate history.
How many more posts do we need to overtake?
Not sure. Inception reached 14k or so.

@Sloonei halp.

Radiohead is now bumped to third.
We can't bust heads like we used to. But we have our ways. One trick is to tell stories that don't go anywhere. Like the time I caught the ferry to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe. So I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. "Gimme five bees for a quarter," you'd say. Now where were we... oh yeah. The important thing was that I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have any white onions, because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:56 am Wait wait wait. Martin also jailkept Ted. So why did Kyle get a ding ding on N4 at all? This makes no sense.
martin said he's a standard jailkeeper. protect from night kills and roleblock only his target
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 570

Post by DrWilgy »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:21 pm so we just chop sloonei and evaluate based on flips? I'm struggling to keep up again with the mechs :(
Ignore mechs. Yeet Sloonei.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 570

Post by DrWilgy »

Thank you. I'll say goodbye soon. Though it's the end of the world, don't blame yourself now.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:03 am @Kylemii more disclosure please.
I think I've disclosed everything that matters, but in case there's something useful:

I had to complete 4 tasks to get my real power

1. be quiet for a day
2. receive no votes for a day
3. target town with my action that does nothing other than target
4. target mafia with my action that does nothing other than target

I completed the first 3 basically as soon as possible, so
that I would be notified when I completed the 4th to use my role as a pseudo alignment check.

my ability definitely went through and hit mafia (or technically possibly town, I guess???) last night because if it hadn't, I wouldn't have been given my true ability
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Thought about reading what I slept through...read one page of mech bullshit...skipped the rest.

I agree with Ted and believe his claim. I also think he is probably right about the wolves having a powerhouse bulletproof, and @tedxtr I'd examine Tutuu if I were you. I can give a plausible mech sequence that includes her being bulletproof.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:36 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:21 pm so we just chop sloonei and evaluate based on flips? I'm struggling to keep up again with the mechs :(
Ignore mechs. Yeet Sloonei.
Well, ignore the mechs other than the lock down red check on Sloonei...chop Sloonei.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Master Radishes
Hitman

Kylemii wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:52 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:03 am @Kylemii more disclosure please.
I think I've disclosed everything that matters, but in case there's something useful:

I had to complete 4 tasks to get my real power

1. be quiet for a day
2. receive no votes for a day
3. target town with my action that does nothing other than target
4. target mafia with my action that does nothing other than target

I completed the first 3 basically as soon as possible, so
that I would be notified when I completed the 4th to use my role as a pseudo alignment check.

my ability definitely went through and hit mafia (or technically possibly town, I guess???) last night because if it hadn't, I wouldn't have been given my true ability
Thanks.

Let me get my 'mulling over' cap on.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

tutuu wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:20 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:26 am
tutuu wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:41 amBut if kyles wincon is to get ted exed then why wait for so long? I guess maybe to find him?
To find him, yes. Ding ding. I don't know, but that makes sense to me at least.

I don't really see Ted faking here, but I guess it's still possible. I just don't think so.
it could be yeah. find 1 town and find 1 scum and find 1 3p = ding ding. or something. or the exact 3p needed.

now im worried what happens if ted dies and kyle achieves win con.

imagine if we had to kill kyle before we kill ted. what a game

@Kylemii we know you're 3p, can you be honest and full claim everything please?
I'm literally just town lol
Master Radishes
Hitman

I mean.

Kyle is not mafia. Everything about his role makes perfect sense with the drips and drabs he fed us throughout the game.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:00 pm I mean.

Kyle is not mafia. Everything about his role makes perfect sense with the drips and drabs he fed us throughout the game.
that's not the problem we're discussing though
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:03 am Can Ted's claimed strongman shot be stolen? =p
:0!
Master Radishes
Hitman

Yeah but.

Kyle is either town or 3P.

Ted is either mafia or 3P.

So I know who I want to yeet first.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:02 pm Yeah but.

me? :omg:

ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:21 am literally target someone they don't die
this is the exact opposite of what coronavirus does normally
Master Radishes
Hitman

Syn wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:02 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:02 pm Yeah but.

me? :omg:
I'm saving you for last. :mafia:
Master Radishes
Hitman

4 indies just seems like a lot, even for an Epi-run GoC. Not implausible, but improbable.
Master Radishes
Hitman

I'm not really joking about deliberately blocking 3Ps from achieving their wincon, since we appear to have a decent buffer in the numbers game and I'm feeling dickish.

How long till Alison achieves hers, I wonder?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:23 am
Kylemii wrote: Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:32 pm @DrWilgy was last night good? for you? did i do it right? did it do what you wanted?
Si it worked interestingly. Results of this to come tomorrow.
important data point, depending on redirect priority, and whether redirects would apply to alison powers:

I was not redirected from targeting Dr. Wilgy, (according to Dr Wilgy)
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:54 pm Thought about reading what I slept through...read one page of mech bullshit...skipped the rest.

I agree with Ted and believe his claim. I also think he is probably right about the wolves having a powerhouse bulletproof, and @tedxtr I'd examine Tutuu if I were you. I can give a plausible mech sequence that includes her being bulletproof.
the thing is, i think kyle is a 3p and lying about most of the things, including the checks.

there's a world where he just randomly role peek'd people and gave their alignments in the form of a parity check for...God knows what reason.

and another point : no way 3p checks as same with everyone else. what's the point of a parity cop then? parity cops are the most useful for finding 3ps, are they not? well, not only them, but we have a parity AND a normal cop right now, right?

the normal cop doesn't check for 3ps afaict
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Well let's put Sloonei out of his misery and then we can have a good ol' fashioned thunderdome between Ted and Kyle.

And, um, do some scumhunting too, I guess.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

so here's the thing, if kyle is somehow town, then i was either bus driven or he got roleblocked early?

the second thing doesn't seem all that impossible given that he was ~the second claim after alison, and he also claimed to have powerful actions.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:06 am Mainly thanks to Kyle's broken enter key, but
:beer:
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

second claim as in, second person to claim something about their role, not a full claim.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:07 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:54 pm Thought about reading what I slept through...read one page of mech bullshit...skipped the rest.

the thing is, i think kyle is a 3p and lying about most of the things, including the checks.

there's a world where he just randomly role peek'd people and gave their alignments in the form of a parity check for...God knows what reason.

and another point : no way 3p checks as same with everyone else. what's the point of a parity cop then? parity cops are the most useful for finding 3ps, are they not? well, not only them, but we have a parity AND a normal cop right now, right?

Kinda does. If he targets a 3P they get no instruction. Us being us, they might quote the Simpsons anyway and give him a false red, which would be funny, but if they don't quote Pesci OR Simpsons then he effectively has a 3P check...or got redirected or blocked or whatever.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

tedxtr wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:37 am kyle already said he has multiple powers, among which can be normal checks too fwiw

because i also do have one, but i've been running like ass
I don't think I have ever said this, not in any meaningful way at least.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:09 pm Well let's put Sloonei out of his misery and then we can have a good ol' fashioned thunderdome between Ted and Kyle.

And, um, do some scumhunting too, I guess.
Still have zero interest in following your lead thanks.
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:10 pm

Kinda does. If he targets a 3P they get no instruction. Us being us, they might quote the Simpsons anyway and give him a false red, which would be funny, but if they don't quote Pesci OR Simpsons then he effectively has a 3P check...or got redirected or blocked or whatever.
Shocking revelation that "I read a page and skipped the rest" doesn't equip someone with the knowledge necessary for mech talk.

Kyle's ability is not Jack's ability.

ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Hi Tim. I'm just acknowledging that you've responded to me.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:10 pm

ehh that's assuming stuff, we don't know for sure how jack's role interacts with a 3p
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

We've got the space and time to sort this all out. We chop Ted first, and if he flips scum EZ CLAP and if he flips 3P we have a narrow PoE to focus on (Kyle, LC, tutuu) and resolve first. Even after that we'll still have the numbers to hunt down any remaining woofers.
tutuu
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

even if kyle's mech on me ends up being faulty / untrustworthy im still not towny by daytalk?

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”