31%

Total votes: 16
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 445
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 2]

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:05 pm how important is it to thoroughly understand the roles in this game
Oh not very. Just great the game like mountainous tbh.
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 756

Post by Gavial »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:54 pm Also, may I note that I'm obviously not on Esooa's team after that Day 1 exchange?
I’d have to look at the interaction, but that only clears you of not being Vault City where the main scum faction is Enclave.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 686
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fallout 2: A Post-Nuclear Mafia Game [Day 1]

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:01 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:46 pm what happened to your read on foresight?
He reads like he wants to die, and his volatility doesn't make sense to me. I have been reading him as Frustrated Town In A New Environment, and a big part of me still sees it that way, but there is also a part of me that thinks he's mafia who does not believe he is capable of overcoming the early pressure he has faced, and so he has tried to draw as much attention to himself to keep us from identifying any of his partners too easily. I didn't think any of the things he said to/about Alison made sense last night, for instance.
Like, I am unclear on why you suggest you need to look into this more, or why this post is unclear. This is a pretty straightforward summary of my progression on c4 from the start of Day 1 to the end. He was town, then he looked like wanted to die, and the best way I could make sense of that was in a world where he was mafia, but I otherwise read him as town.

at staypositivefriend
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 208

Post by MacDougall »

Let the Sloonei tunneling commence
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 208

Post by MacDougall »

I have placed by vote on Sloonei.

I will make no further posts.

If you want to throw don't sheep me.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:05 pm how important is it to thoroughly understand the roles in this game
50/50.
Depends how you want to go about this thread.
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Awkward timing, but I was going to say Sloony is super town
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:42 pm I have placed by vote on Sloonei.

I will make no further posts.

If you want to throw don't sheep me.
What if I want to throw?
:omg:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:43 pm Awkward timing, but I was going to say Sloony is super town
I do not feel super about anything I have done here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DaughterOfOmega
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 72

Post by DaughterOfOmega »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:43 pm
DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:43 pm Awkward timing, but I was going to say Sloony is super town
You have a Brady pfp.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Ah trying to go for the pocket I see.
:eye:
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 328
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

20 caps to anyone who tells me about 1 thing that happened during day 1 or 0, even without any context
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:44 pm
You have a Brady pfp.
That was for a previous game, it's just a holdover now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 283
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:41 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:46 pm what happened to your read on foresight?
He reads like he wants to die, and his volatility doesn't make sense to me. I have been reading him as Frustrated Town In A New Environment, and a big part of me still sees it that way, but there is also a part of me that thinks he's mafia who does not believe he is capable of overcoming the early pressure he has faced, and so he has tried to draw as much attention to himself to keep us from identifying any of his partners too easily. I didn't think any of the things he said to/about Alison made sense last night, for instance.
Like, I am unclear on why you suggest you need to look into this more, or why this post is unclear. This is a pretty straightforward summary of my progression on c4 from the start of Day 1 to the end. He was town, then he looked like wanted to die, and the best way I could make sense of that was in a world where he was mafia, but I otherwise read him as town.

at staypositivefriend
i struggle to understand how your progression went from: "c4 is hard town" to "c4 wants to die, so he might just be scum drawing attention away from his partners". that seems like a pretty big leap in logic for you to take, especially given how confident you were about c4 being town up until that point

perhaps it stems from the fact that the meta on my homesite is full of players that constantly ask to die - and it's almost never inherently scum-indicative behavior (if anything, it's usually town indicative). for you to take something as simple as: "this player is frustrated and wants to die" and use it as reasoning to back off of one of your strongest townreads is a progression that i have a lot of trouble connecting with

and even if you justify your progression to me, surely you can understand why i found it puzzling in the first place! the fact that you're acting like it's suspicious for me to ask you about this is fairly baffling to me
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ChopChop wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:44 pm
Ah trying to go for the pocket I see.
:eye:
what is happening in this game as far as you can tell, choppy?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm

at staypositivefriend
i struggle to understand how your progression went from: "c4 is hard town" to "c4 wants to die, so he might just be scum drawing attention away from his partners". that seems like a pretty big leap in logic for you to take, especially given how confident you were about c4 being town up until that point

perhaps it stems from the fact that the meta on my homesite is full of players that constantly ask to die - and it's almost never inherently scum-indicative behavior (if anything, it's usually town indicative). for you to take something as simple as: "this player is frustrated and wants to die" and use it as reasoning to back off of one of your strongest townreads is a progression that i have a lot of trouble connecting with

and even if you justify your progression to me, surely you can understand why i found it puzzling in the first place! the fact that you're acting like it's suspicious for me to ask you about this is fairly baffling to me
Because when I say he "wanted to die" I do not mean that he had given up on the game. It looked like he wanted to die, but was acting like he was still fighting. He was saying his chop was inevitable (it wasn't) but that he wanted to keep working on clearing people, and he was continuing to fight with people, but all of it looked staged and, I felt, over the top. He "wanted to die" in the sense that he was trying to set his teammates up to not be linked to him moving forward.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: No elimination] aubergine

Wait for info.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:38 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:37 pm and more importantly, you dont townread me when i should be incredibly clearly threadspewed as town. i don't feel that i'm speaking from a place of ego when i say that - it just seems obvious at this point
How so?
it feels less obvious if i have to explain it
I think you'd best go with "less obvious" and let the chips fall where they may.
ChopChop wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:41 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:54 pm Also, may I note that I'm obviously not on Esooa's team after that Day 1 exchange?
I’d have to look at the interaction, but that only clears you of not being Vault City where the main scum faction is Enclave.
Fair.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm

at staypositivefriend

Because when I say he "wanted to die" I do not mean that he had given up on the game. It looked like he wanted to die, but was acting like he was still fighting. He was saying his chop was inevitable (it wasn't) but that he wanted to keep working on clearing people, and he was continuing to fight with people, but all of it looked staged and, I felt, over the top. He "wanted to die" in the sense that he was trying to set his teammates up to not be linked to him moving forward.
this line of reasoning makes sense to me on a certain level, but i would find it more easy to swallow if you didn't carry such an underlying level of confidence that the c4 slot was town up until that point

and the fact that you appear to bre voting me for questioning you about an understandably difficult to believe progression is not doing very much to help me believe that your reads are coming from a pure place
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm 20 caps to anyone who tells me about 1 thing that happened during day 1 or 0, even without any context
We have C4 several nicknames and then he died.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:51 pm this line of reasoning makes sense to me on a certain level, but i would find it more easy to swallow if you didn't carry such an underlying level of confidence that the c4 slot was town up until that point

and the fact that you appear to bre voting me for questioning you about an understandably difficult to believe progression is not doing very much to help me believe that your reads are coming from a pure place
It was Day 1, c4 is someone I've never met before, and he played weird. I thought he looked very good early on, but his response to pressure was a concern. It made me question my read.

I am voting you because I have been unsure about the validity of this concern, and I never got a comfortable sense that you were town on Day 1.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm @Jackofhearts2005 start here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 76#p736276
I don’t see anything in here that says you can’t be teammates.

But I don’t think scum LC does that performance and then turns around and shit I’m at 1% battery just a sec
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:45 pm 20 caps to anyone who tells me about 1 thing that happened during day 1 or 0, even without any context
The person that got eliminated soft defended me by voting Tony who was voting me.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

DaughterOfOmega wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:44 pm
You have a Brady pfp.
Yes, Brady pfp’s are AI.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm @Jackofhearts2005 start here: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 76#p736276

But I don’t think scum LC does that performance and then turns around and shit I’m at 1% battery just a sec
It felt real to me.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Still think Jack could easily be scum here but I’m not gonna rush the gun on anything yet.
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 100
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:31 pm I can't believe I finally changed my mind on Esooa.
Nice
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ChopChop wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:58 pm Still think Jack could easily be scum here but I’m not gonna rush the gun on anything yet.
what are you waiting for?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Good morning people.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Eyyyyyy
Hello fellow Mobile User!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Poison wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm Good morning people.
:mafia:
If you dare poison me, you’ll end up like the other guy.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:57 pm

It felt real to me.
Super close call. Phone shut down right afterwards.

Anyway, as I was saying, I don’t see anything in here that says you can’t be teammates.

But I don’t think scum LC does that performance and then turns around and go "look how good my theatre is" and I don't think other wolf team LC starts D2 like "look how I'm spewed as not the other wolf faction."
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

ChopChop wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:58 pm Still think Jack could easily be scum here but I’m not gonna rush the gun on anything yet.
Why not? Isn't your name "chop chop"?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

That Gal that almost had me pocketed.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:55 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:51 pm this line of reasoning makes sense to me on a certain level, but i would find it more easy to swallow if you didn't carry such an underlying level of confidence that the c4 slot was town up until that point

It was Day 1, c4 is someone I've never met before, and he played weird. I thought he looked very good early on, but his response to pressure was a concern. It made me question my read.

I am voting you because I have been unsure about the validity of this concern, and I never got a comfortable sense that you were town on Day 1.
this was my first game with c4 as well (i believe). i agreed with you that he was acting weird, and i actually mentioned at some point on d1 that i was struggling to defend my townread on him when he was playing in such a self-defeating way

even so, i felt the emotion that he was giving out in the specific exchange with alison that you're referencing was actually town-indicative - i pointed it out at the exact moment it happened, so you can know that i'm not making up that read to make my suspicion of you more legitimate

from my point of view, d1 progressed like this:

me and you both start out hard townreading c4, who drops a number of strong towntells throughout early d1. as the momentum on c4 increases and he becomes the leading wagon, i continue to townlean c4, and you appear to drop your townlean on c4 for reasons that i struggle to really understand/rationalize. (again, the specific thing that you found suspicious from c4 is the exact thing that i found towny)

after seeing c4 flip town, i immediately come into today being worried about the fact that our reads on c4 had diverged in such a dramatic fashion - especially since you had seemed more certain about c4 being town than i was for a good portion of d1

again, if you are playing from a town mindset, i struggle to understand why my concern about you is something that you're having a hard time grasping. it seems pretty clear to me, even if you feel that your progression on c4 is perfectly justifiable
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Poison wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 pm
Why not? Isn't your name "chop chop"?
Yeah my thoughts go Chop Chop!
My vote goes Chop Chop on the hand!
No use my power yet!
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

PC is not as fun because Sloonei's avatar doesn't look like Hank Hill when it's this big.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 pm

It felt real to me.

Anyway, as I was saying, I don’t see anything in here that says you can’t be teammates.

But I don’t think scum LC does that performance and then turns around and go "look how good my theatre is" and I don't think other wolf team LC starts D2 like "look how I'm spewed as not the other wolf faction."
So basically we are town reading LC?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Poison wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:01 pm

It felt real to me.

Who's "we" and why are you part of it?
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:58 pm
what are you waiting for?
More Content.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

My TR also flipped Scum so like.
Reeeeee
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm
because of the nicknames?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

rumplestilskin, got it
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

ChopChop wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm
But you'll die and you can't chop chop then.

ChopChop wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 pm That Gal that almost had me pocketed.
Whoo
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:02 pm

It felt real to me.

Well he responded to Jack’s post so I think Jack!Scum TMI’s Poison!Scum.
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:03 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:52 pm
because of the nicknames?
Great possibility.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Poison wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:03 pm
ChopChop wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:59 pm
But you'll die and you can't chop chop then.

E
ChopChop wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:00 pm That Gal that almost had me pocketed.
Whoo
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 232
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Urist vault city for TMIing the anime gif spam?
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

ChopChop wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:03 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:02 pm

It felt real to me.

Well he responded to Jack’s post so I think Jack!Scum TMI’s Poison!Scum.
It was Jack!scum godfather!Poison but that works.

Return to “Previous Jobs”