JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
KZA
No votes
Poison
No votes
No Eviction
10%
Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack (Host, MoD, Dead, Nons)
50%

Total votes: 10
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 140

Re: Mafia (DAY 3)

Post by Enrique »

meh i feel like i've explained my general positions to the best of my abilities. yeah i feel stuck but i don't have a better solution than just seeing what's up with grogu. i've asked to be blocked tonight and i'll probably be in trouble if the mafia doesn't kill again... so no matter what i can hardly count on winning this game.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

I’m definitely less trusting of Alison after today as well, but there is a part of me ignoring that suspicion right now in favour of stronger ones and also because I don’t know if it’s too emotional as she was throwing out words such as “clueless” and “insane” regarding thoughts. I stepped away earlier from it and still want to give it some time to see if there is anything there or if it’s just my pregnancy hormones making me reactive lol maybe both
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Post by Epignosis »

This is post 12.

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

It's flatly nonsense to suggest that "ignoring a block is insane" when Long Con flipped civilian.

@Alison where's your head at
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have 8 posts left after this one.

Can anyone provide an Alison-mafia theory that doesn't rely on her abstaining kills or being teamed with a blocked player (Enrique and/or Scirrus)?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Grogu
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Grogu »

fingersplints wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:27 pm 3 people with votes. Each one has someone I trust and at least one I don’t know. I’m mostly ok with a grogu or scirrus lynch.
To summarise my thoughts:
scirrus, I am less trusting of the vole claim. I don’t know if I necessarily by the mafia had a vig kill as well, although it’s been pointed out there are a lot of roles claimed so it could be explained by balance. I still think it’s possible that was just the mafia kill with a false claim out there in hopes we would lynch someone on the basis of block, which we did. A risky move but not unheard of for mafia, especially at that point IF the mafia has three members that would have meant only 7 civvies left in the game at that point. Some smart moves would certainly win the game.
Grogu: I still think some of the mafia is inactive players based on process of elimination even if we take out the talk of if the kills were missed. I find it really suspicious how they were in the thread the moment votes were cast against them. It all just reads entirely too convenient to me.
reywas/KZA: welcome to the game and sorry, but again process of elimination makes me suspicious of you. I don’t plan on voting for you today though, because there are stronger suspects and well I just think that’s generally bad form.
I’m really torn on Enrique. I see the points on him but I really want to trust him. Maybe he just has me fooled.
I chalk that to coincidence. I came in when I woke up and it just so happen that is the time I could post. It is not scummy just what it is.
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 59

Post by Grogu »

I claimed my role. I am bodyguard.
I can protect someone and eat a kill. Is there anyone worth saving?
Image Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:50 pm I have 8 posts left after this one.

Can anyone provide an Alison-mafia theory that doesn't rely on her abstaining kills or being teamed with a blocked player (Enrique and/or Scirrus)?
Long Con had a copying ability? I don’t know what to make of his use of that because his posts made it seem like he was vanilla.

That wouldn’t explain night 2 as obviously he was blocked.

Not so much as a theory as much as pointing out that at least N1 there might have been more power abilities out there that we aren’t accounting for with his copy. I doubt LC would miss or abstain from using this ability.
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:49 pm meh i feel like i've explained my general positions to the best of my abilities. yeah i feel stuck but i don't have a better solution than just seeing what's up with grogu. i've asked to be blocked tonight and i'll probably be in trouble if the mafia doesn't kill again... so no matter what i can hardly count on winning this game.
Why can't you win? :ponder:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:22 am As long as one mafia member is active, they aren't sending in nokills. So yes it is insane.

Scirrus can be a mafia vigilante.

We should always vote the mechanically outed scum. Always.
Not one person has been "mechanically outed."
fingersplints wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:25 am
Alison wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:22 am As long as one mafia member is active, they aren't sending in nokills. So yes it is insane.

I don’t know that I buy in this small of a game the mafia would be given an extra kill.

We just lynched a civ by following “mechanically outed”
The possibility here is that Scirrus is lying about being a civilian vigilante and is just straight up mafia.
Alison wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:27 am
fingersplints wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:26 am

I don’t know that I buy in this small of a game the mafia would be given an extra kill.

LC could be town and the kill was protected. There is no explanation for why the kill is missing tonight other than a mafia being blocked. None. Nada. Zilch. "The mafia were afk" doesn't cut it because even a single mafia member alive lets them carry a kill.
I've hosted a shit ton of games in my day.

You'd be surprised what doesn't get sent in at Night.
Alison wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:07 am you're implicated by the roleblock so obviously you have an incentive to argue that the mafia kill was simply forgotten and not blocked

but I do not accept facetious arguments like "what if the mafia team all just vanished into thin air and totally forgot to submit an NK" when I have 2 roleblocks on the table
The fallacy here is that almost anyone could be implicated by the block. If I had chosen fingersplints, for example, and the same Night results occurred, we'd be talking about her. Likewise JJJ.

If we're dealing with a two-man team, Grogu and reywaS could be it.
Alison wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:08 am 3 voters on enrique. 2 voters on grogu. 0 votes on scirrus.

enrique and scirrus are implicated by the roleblock.

scirrus' teammates are trying to save him. vote scirrus.
Which teammates?
Alison wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:33 am
Enrique wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:30 am The flipside for you in case of a Grogu scum flip: we couldn’t really say you’re cleared for Night 1 anymore (I had been operating under the assumption mafia failed to kill you), but you’d still pretty much get cleared on Night 2, when you would have been free to kill someone.
i can, because I was around n1 and could have submitted the kill

lol
So why didn't you?

lol
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:19 pm [VOTE: Scirrus] aubergine

Mafia vig is easier to buy with 90 protective roles. Even my role can be pseudo-protective.
I am inclined to agree. I have to think on this.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:09 pm

The possibility here is that Scirrus is lying about being a civilian vigilante and is just straight up mafia.
I know. That is what I had been hoping to test with my block last night. :)
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

fingersplints wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:15 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:09 pm

I know. That is what I had been hoping to test with my block last night. :)
[VOTE: Scirrus] aubergine

On board.
Scirrus wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:03 am [VOTE: Enrique] aubergine

Maybe since my reads have been shit all game I should just do the opposite

I don't know. I'll come back before EoD
This is it?
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Why does Alison have a completely useless role?
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

fingersplints wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:06 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:50 pm I have 8 posts left after this one.

Long Con had a copying ability? I don’t know what to make of his use of that because his posts made it seem like he was vanilla.

Not so much as a theory as much as pointing out that at least N1 there might have been more power abilities out there that we aren’t accounting for with his copy. I doubt LC would miss or abstain from using this ability.
Can you clarify what sentence 2 is about? LC was chopped D2 and thus dead for N2
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

The good news is I clear my slot with this here role thingy
KZA
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

KZA wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:24 pm
fingersplints wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:06 pm

Can you clarify what sentence 2 is about? LC was chopped D2 and thus dead for N2
You are correct. That is just me being stupid and feeling like this game has been going on for longer than it has XD I added an extra day in my head XD

Well scratch all that than I have no ideas on that front.
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I like KZA so far.

Alison's role is indeed useless, and it's the only such claim to this point.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 pm I like KZA so far.

If Scirrus is mafia, I'm inclined to believe Alison is bussing Scirrus.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

I’ll switch there too.

vote scirrus
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:30 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:28 pm I like KZA so far.

If Scirrus is mafia, I'm inclined to believe Alison is bussing Scirrus.
I'm inclined to agree. It'd sort out much of the overstated bravado on her part.

[24]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Are roleblocks typically capable of stopping a factional kill?

I mean yeah Scirrus is probably scum here but my question could help me sort whether I think Alison is too

I'm operating on the theory that the scum deliberately didn't kill to frame inactives
KZA
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

KZA wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:38 pm Are roleblocks typically capable of stopping a factional kill?

I mean yeah Scirrus is probably scum here but my question could help me sort whether I think Alison is too

I'm operating on the theory that the scum deliberately didn't kill to frame inactives
Not sure I've seen any games here where a role block doesn't stop a factional kill unless it explicitly says so.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:40 pm
KZA wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:38 pm Are roleblocks typically capable of stopping a factional kill?

Not sure I've seen any games here where a role block doesn't stop a factional kill unless it explicitly says so.
Huh. I guess I'll store that one.

I was thinking maybe Alison was a wolf and orchestrated a no kill so she could push the narrative of killing within the blocked people OR framing inactives. Although she wouldn't have known who was getting blocked so idk if it holds enough water

---

I'm gonna say Splints Epi Enrique gotta be town

JJJ is PROBABLY town but I'm a little paranoid of him due to his role in Nanook's chop, although at the end of the day town are allowed to be wrong
KZA
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

I'm inclined to believe Grogu since his role claim is basically an inverse of JJJ's which makes me believe it could be in the game
KZA
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

I'm voting Scirrus btw

and yeah there's a chance of coached Grogu. I have worlds of trouble reading that guy because of the baby yoda pic and his natural tone
KZA
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Another strike against Alison is that I got really strong gut vibes that Chardonnay was a wolf, he was way too nicey nice and talked about irrelevant things (scumreading people for pfp) for just a bit too long
KZA
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Worth note is that if we started in a 9 vs. 3 game, we're at 6 vs. 3 now -- one mistake short of zero margin of error.

Agreed about chardonnay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark
Posts in topic: 144
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Scirrus »

wow

I don't really have much to say tbh

I don't see myself ever getting out of the POE at this point, and I don't think there's much I can really say to convince anyone

I don't have any way I can prove my role

I have no idea who mafia are

Maybe it's best if I do die
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Scirrus wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:03 pm wow

I don't see myself ever getting out of the POE at this point, and I don't think there's much I can really say to convince anyone

if you had to guess three mafia members and your actual real life depended on it, who'd they be

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

I honestly don't think the whole scum team just forgot to kill.

I feel like it's either one of two things

1. Enrique submitted the kill and was blocked

2. Scum team purposely not killing anyone and letting townies be "outed" by blocks

because people are more willing to let mechanics do the solving for them
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Enrique's last post just feels really damn townie to me

(top of current page 13)
KZA
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:06 pm

if you had to guess three mafia members and your actual real life depended on it, who'd they be
Alison, Poison, honestly maybe Epignosis

I know the "correct" person for me to go for should be Enrique as he was claimed to be blocked but like I just don't feel it

Alison's solving process has been very inorganic to me, "LC was blocked, he's probably scum" flips town "Scirrus was blocked" and when I flip town she'll be like "guess it's Enrique, after all, he was blocked"

Feels like words that I could expect coming from someone who would purposely not kill in order to follow this exact path

I don't think Poison has actually influenced the game in any meaningful way shape or form, despite most people getting a "towny vibe"

As for Epignosis, was his claim really all that towny? Would it be out of the realm of possibility that he/Alison set up the doctor thing to clear her? He was the one who RB'd Enrique. And honestly I still feel like Enrique is town
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Fuck this i'm voting Alison
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I just feel it more. Feels like a "fuck mechanics" scenario frankly. If I'm wrong whatever.

[28]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scirrus wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:06 pm

Alison, Poison, honestly maybe Epignosis

I know the "correct" person for me to go for should be Enrique as he was claimed to be blocked but like I just don't feel it

Alison's solving process has been very inorganic to me, "LC was blocked, he's probably scum" flips town "Scirrus was blocked" and when I flip town she'll be like "guess it's Enrique, after all, he was blocked"

Feels like words that I could expect coming from someone who would purposely not kill in order to follow this exact path

I don't think Poison has actually influenced the game in any meaningful way shape or form, despite most people getting a "towny vibe"

As for Epignosis, was his claim really all that towny? Would it be out of the realm of possibility that he/Alison set up the doctor thing to clear her? He was the one who RB'd Enrique. And honestly I still feel like Enrique is town
"honestly maybe" is going to be a no from me dog.

You're guilty.

And my claim wasn't meant to be "towny." It was meant to get people off my ass at the eleventh hour when I had not been around. No one has disputed anything I have done. And if I'm bad, I'm sending in kills. Or somebody is.
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Alison wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:59 pm
KZA wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:40 pm I'm town. Gonna read the whole thread in a bit.
There are two afks player slots.

The mafia team did not submit a night action last night. No protective abilities were used, and nobody was blocked or jailkept.

Tell me why you and Poison aren't just the outed team.
This was a test right?
KZA
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

KZA is town. I feelz it
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Let's see what happens if I go to Alison.

Will be floating around until EoD if anyone wants something
KZA
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I don't think a team with both Epignosis and Alison declines to kill, so there'd still need to be a blocked third. Scirrus or Enrique are about equally appropriate in my eyes without knowing how many mafia exist.

I've one more post this phase. I'll save it for now, and if needed just move my vote without calling it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

yes Alison/Enrique makes more sense from a mechanics view if I want to throw my gut feels away
Scirrus
The Mark

Post by Scirrus »

Has anyone seen poison wolf before? was she active or kinda staying back away from stuff?
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Scirrus wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:36 pm Has anyone seen poison wolf before? was she active or kinda staying back away from stuff?
I think I've heard they're low activity

I'm not 100% tho and have little experience
KZA
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I will be busy tonight at my usual posting time. So it looks like I have to decide between Alison and Scirrus now. Awesome, no pressure. :)
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 8:17 pm [VOTE: Alison] aubergine

I just feel it more. Feels like a "fuck mechanics" scenario frankly. If I'm wrong whatever.

[28]
I agree that feels say Alison, mechanics say Scirrus. I don't know that I trust the former more.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:02 pm

[28]
I agree that feels say Alison, mechanics say Scirrus. I don't know that I trust the former more.
You don't seem to be willing in this situation to demonstrate your role power that you claimed.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:45 pm

[28]
You don't seem to be willing in this situation to demonstrate your role power that you claimed.
So... you think I should vote for Scirrus?
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I have to go get dinner before the entire city closes tonight, so I won't be here for the deadline. This is my last post. I endorse an Alison elimination. Apart from certain behavioral concerns I've voiced enough already, I find her role claim to be the least believable. It's 100% pointless, especially if she is informed of its investigative limitations. I think she could be teamed with Enrique and/or Scirrus, one who was blocked.

I liked KZA today. I was less thrilled with Grogu. Poison vanished and deserves more scrutiny than I have given her. Epignosis can fool me and win at this point if he's mafia. The same goes for fingersplints.

Gun to my head the entire team, whether it goes 2 or 3 deep, is contained in this space: [Alison, Enrique, Scirrus, Grogu]. If one of those needs swapped out, Poison goes in.

I'll stay on Alison. She's the common denominator for me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:48 pm
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:45 pm

[28]
So... you think I should vote for Scirrus?
Vote where you want. Why are you asking me? Who is bad?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Alison and Enrique are teammates. Enrique is asking me permission to vote Scirrus.

Return to “Previous Rackets”