EpiDun (Host, Mod, Dead, Specs)
64%

Total votes: 22
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 1030

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 8]

Post by Dyslexicon »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:51 pmYeah, I'm starting to think this atm
This was the first thing I thought about when I left the thread last time, and what's been bothering me the most since. Dya kill is also looming.
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:50 pm
Syn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:38 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:37 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:31 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:29 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:23 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:22 pmNo, that was the day after the ted yeet i think
:ponder: Well, he was blocked by Radishes. Problem is, I don't know why Jack and TSP died.
There is IMO a 90% chance that when TSP just outed in the thread that he blew off the mod instruction to post Pesci quotes the wolves cried the blues, and cried them hard, about how TSP cheated them out of their rightful kill on Jack. That leads to compensation. A compensation decision at that point could easily come as modkills on Jack and TSP.
This is my assumption as well. The Jack death occurred because TSP protected him the night before, and he should have been dead to a Mafia nightkill, I think?
Right. Basically Jack's power was game breaking. The wolves would have no choice but to at least try to kill him, and that meant he was also the obvious doc target so pretty much the setup was broken. Wolves would have been completely in the right to say "this is too townsided to even play, and then you let TSP jerk off his post restriction and force Sloonei to out and get chopped...fuck this." That puts hosts in a very tight spot, and modkills result.
Thank you for telling us what you did in wolf chat.
The really funny part of this is that Syn and I were on a wolf team that got fucked over and got no compensation...and played it out to the loss. He knows just as well as I do that the presentation of what probably happened is very probably what happened. He also knows that of the people who are likely to really whine and AtE at the hosts to get compensation...I'm waaaaaay down the list. Not my style. I try to keep the hosts from deciding the game.
What? In that game, I was the only one who didn't bitch about compensation. You and Alison were full-on begging for a helping hand from the host. You are at the absolute top of the list of people who would try to angle for an assist that couldn't be countered. Your goal as wolf is to crush town and win by any means necessary, to the point of intentionally antagonizing people until they rage quit. You couldn't give less of a shit about how you win, so long as you do. Get outta here with this "I have the utmost respect for the integrity of the game" take.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 1652

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:52 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:51 pmYeah, I'm starting to think this atm
This was the first thing I thought about when I left the thread last time, and what's been bothering me the most since. Dya kill is also looming.
Do you know if sloonei is the type to hard bus though? I've not played with him in a game, so I don't have meta there.

When I read sloonei's ISO, he wanted to kill HK at every turn
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:51 pm if we're dipping into the "maybe kylemii's visits got fucked with" pool

tutuu made a lot of points against LC and how technically speaking my check could have been messed with and LC could be mafia (if he was tetris self targeted and used the block as a block on me)

what does m!tutuu gain from doing that?

also, what if she was right
It forces you to defend your green checks in thread, and forces people onto the record saying "no, no, greenchecks are good, LC is just town," which has the added benefit that those people are then on record effectively saying Tutuu is town.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 624

Post by hollowkatt »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:49 pm I'm now at the place of HK/Michelle with Tim as a very outside possibility.

I think HK needs to claim his full role actually.

I will continue to catch up, and when done look at spew.
I have claimed my full role multiple times, but I'll humor you once more:

I can submit a guess to the mods at night as to who the highest visible wagon will be the next day. if I am right, that next night, I am safe from bad things targeting me.
so like this:
N1 - guess Tim is highest visible vote getter D2
D2 - Tim is the highest visible vote getter
N2 - HK is safe from bad things that target me.
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:55 pm
Do you know if sloonei is the type to hard bus though? I've not played with him in a game, so I don't have meta there.

With his under-the-radar play, having a "hard push" get flipped as wolf would be very good for end-game chances.

And Sloonei is the champ, so it seems reasonable to assume he could do anything.

I don't really think HK has done anything explicitly wolfy tho

ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:55 pmDo you know if sloonei is the type to hard bus though? I've not played with him in a game, so I don't have meta there.

He bussed Cat and Marmot, right? But it was softer, I guess. I don't know. It's probably very context dependent. And we don't know what busses could be planned. I just don't know.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:49 pm I'm now at the place of HK/Michelle with Tim as a very outside possibility.

I can submit a guess to the mods at night as to who the highest visible wagon will be the next day. if I am right, that next night, I am safe from bad things targeting me.
so like this:
can you claim all of your guesses?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

The only question I will ask you is this: When I flip green where do you turn to next and why?
What solutions for the game go out the window with a green HK flip? Who can you eliminate as a wolf with my body?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

A general note - Please continue to humor people once more if they ask about something that has already been explained. I don't have the capacity to read 358 pages, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So thanks for repeating, it only helps when there's so much info. \o/
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:55 pm

That isn't bussing...bussing is when you vote a packmate AND THEY GET CHOPPED. IF HK is a wolf that's just distancing, and every wolf that is worth the name will distance. Sloonei had no thread presence and he was not anywhere near pushing HK over the line.

I seriously doubt that HK is a wolf, but "Sloonei spewed him town" has nothing to do with that read.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:58 pmThe only question I will ask you is this: When I flip green where do you turn to next and why?
What solutions for the game go out the window with a green HK flip? Who can you eliminate as a wolf with my body?
I'm spending the next four hours trying to answer this.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:58 pm A general note - Please continue to humor people once more if they ask about something that has already been explained. I don't have the capacity to read 358 pages, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So thanks for repeating, it only helps when there's so much info. \o/
no problem! If there's something else you want/need from me just tag and ask. I'll get to it as soon as I can (yes I know deadline is 4 hours)
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 pmI have claimed my full role multiple times, but I'll humor you once more:

so like this:
Is "bad things" specified?
How many times have you guessed right?
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:01 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 pmI have claimed my full role multiple times, but I'll humor you once more:

so like this:
i speculated in the early game that if HK were a wolf, investigatives would probably count as a bad thing

which seems kinda relevant to LC's track, maybe

ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:58 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:57 pm

so like this:
can you claim all of your guesses?
N2 - bet on Tim for D3
N3- bet on Tim again for D4
I realized during D4 I had no forking clue what likely wagons were going to be so I haven't submitted any other guesses this game.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:02 pmN2 - bet on Tim for D3
I realized during D4 I had no forking clue what likely wagons were going to be so I haven't submitted any other guesses this game.
So you have not submitted any guess for this day?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Syn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:02 pmi speculated in the early game that if HK were a wolf, investigatives would probably count as a bad thing

Yeah, it's a maybe.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Syn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:02 pm

so like this:
i speculated in the early game that if HK were a wolf, investigatives would probably count as a bad thing

Yeah, the track definitely is relevant
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Can someone help me with this: How many bargainees do we currently have in thread?
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

so like this:
I have never guessed right. Bad Things is paraphrased. There is no specificity given to me what bad things are.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Syn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:54 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:50 pm
Syn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:38 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:37 pm
Long Con wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:31 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:29 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:23 pm

:ponder: Well, he was blocked by Radishes. Problem is, I don't know why Jack and TSP died.
There is IMO a 90% chance that when TSP just outed in the thread that he blew off the mod instruction to post Pesci quotes the wolves cried the blues, and cried them hard, about how TSP cheated them out of their rightful kill on Jack. That leads to compensation. A compensation decision at that point could easily come as modkills on Jack and TSP.
This is my assumption as well. The Jack death occurred because TSP protected him the night before, and he should have been dead to a Mafia nightkill, I think?
Right. Basically Jack's power was game breaking. The wolves would have no choice but to at least try to kill him, and that meant he was also the obvious doc target so pretty much the setup was broken. Wolves would have been completely in the right to say "this is too townsided to even play, and then you let TSP jerk off his post restriction and force Sloonei to out and get chopped...fuck this." That puts hosts in a very tight spot, and modkills result.
Thank you for telling us what you did in wolf chat.
The really funny part of this is that Syn and I were on a wolf team that got fucked over and got no compensation...and played it out to the loss. He knows just as well as I do that the presentation of what probably happened is very probably what happened. He also knows that of the people who are likely to really whine and AtE at the hosts to get compensation...I'm waaaaaay down the list. Not my style. I try to keep the hosts from deciding the game.
What? In that game, I was the only one who didn't bitch about compensation. You and Alison were full-on begging for a helping hand from the host. You are at the absolute top of the list of people who would try to angle for an assist that couldn't be countered. Your goal as wolf is to crush town and win by any means necessary, to the point of intentionally antagonizing people until they rage quit. You couldn't give less of a shit about how you win, so long as you do. Get outta here with this "I have the utmost respect for the integrity of the game" take.
I asked, I got a no, I asked again, I got a no...there was no "OMG I'm ready to quit this is so unfair" AtE...and Alison did the same. I would bet heavily that the wolves in this game hammered hard on Dunia's heartstrings...with AtE in the same vein as "I never wanna play with you again if you suss me"...which is another thing I have never said and never will, for all of your accusations about how I play.
ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:03 pm
That is correct. I have not submitted a guess for any day beyond 4.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:03 pmYeah, the track definitely is relevant
I mean, if HK is just town with the same role, the track would also be "HK didn't go anywhere". But as HK's role stands now, it can be checked.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:05 pm
Cool, thanks!
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:04 pm Can someone help me with this: How many bargainees do we currently have in thread?
Just two, I think? LC and kyle
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:05 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:04 pm Can someone help me with this: How many bargainees do we currently have in thread?
Alison counts as one too because of Kyle, no?

ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Why would you not guess tho, would there have been some hindrance in doing so? A bit like how I'm punished if I get the gamble wrong
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:58 pm A general note - Please continue to humor people once more if they ask about something that has already been explained. I don't have the capacity to read 358 pages, and I'm sure I'm not the only one. So thanks for repeating, it only helps when there's so much info. \o/
Seconded.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 1248
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

by extension who are the other 4 dead bargainees
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:05 pm
Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:03 pmYeah, the track definitely is relevant
I mean, if HK is just town with the same role, the track would also be "HK didn't go anywhere". But as HK's role stands now, it can be checked.
If I had to speculate "bad thing" = tracked carrying the kill would break the game open if I were to have said protection, and functionally create HK the Inno Child instead of HK the guesser, so probably things like track don't count as "bad things"
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

also Alison is technically a bargainee herself
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Syn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:06 pm
Alison counts as one too because of Kyle, no?
LOL...yet another quandary for the hosts there...
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:06 pm
Made, Ted... was 112 a bargainee?

Not sure who else
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:06 pm
Why would you not guess tho, would there have been some hindrance in doing so? A bit like how I'm punished if I get the gamble wrong
the only drawback to not submitting a guess is I definitely can't earn the safety. There is no punishment for being wrong other than continuing to be unprotected. Functionally not submitting is identical to being wrong.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:05 pmJust two, I think? LC and kyle
Alright, thank you. I have received an offer.

@Alison I will accept your offer, and thank you for making a compromise with town. I think LC and myself are the ones that both town and you would have a very good reason to protect.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

i agree with protecting between lc and dizzy

ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:07 pm also Alison is technically a bargainee herself
Well. Then we are many...

@tutuu Please remember what I said about accepting anti-town powers from Alison. It's not in town's interest even if it's nice to do to Alison. But we're playing a game here.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Kylemii wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:06 pm
Made...Radishes...TSP I think?...and...no fucking clue

Did my part to help the wolves by turning the conversation into the speculation about mech that will never solve the game track...moving on...
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

the thing about LC is I can totally see him and sloonei and those other knuckleheads in that team deciding to use the tetris thing for a free role block and using it on me while I'm claiming to power something up and I can 100% see LC claiming a track on ted who was already basically caught for yolo-wifom-town-credit
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

like I don't believe it enough to push there but I want it on the record in case I'm right so I can look back at it and say "wow I guess I have better instincts than I thought :disappoint: oh well"
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

that's not to mention he's also become less of a thread presence as the mafia has diminished
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

at least it seems that way but I haven't read basically most things
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

wilgy's final message is that he thinks there are two wolves left and they are JPIC and me

ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Syn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:16 pm wilgy's final message is that he thinks there are two wolves left and they are JPIC and me
We sheep Wilgy all the way \o/
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Syn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:16 pm wilgy's final message is that he thinks there are two wolves left and they are JPIC and me
lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I think

HK/Tim/Michelle is a solving PoE. Two of them are probably town.

We have tracking.
I have one power.
Kyle has a role steal (but will use it for Alison?)
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 3:19 pm I think

HK/Tim/Michelle is a solving PoE. Two of them are probably town.

We have tracking.
I have one power.
Kyle has a role steal (but will use it for Alison?)
Obvs I'm on michelle from that group
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@Hyena When you claimed your role on D1, did you fake claim your character? Yes/no?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

I count as a bargainee, yeah
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”