Magic the Gathering Mafia - Game Over - Mafia has won!

Moderator: Community Team

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 224

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 2

Post by Epignosis »

Urist wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 2:59 pm
Guillotine wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:18 pm
Urist wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:14 pm
Guillotine wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:51 am
Urist wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:45 am
Guillotine wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:34 am @Urist who are the players difficult to execute in this game?
Any of the TS regulars are unlikely to execute each other. dunya, Mac, Epi, Marmot, LC.
Whom do you scum read out of that group? Sorry if you already said it and I missed it?
I didn't mention it, I think those people are difficult to execute regardless of alignment.
Urist wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 12:13 am @Long Con
Your complaint that I don't have much content outside of tedxtr or falcon is accurate, but unfair, considering most of my posts are from d0 or the first 24h of d1. I spent a lot of time basically waiting for ted to come into the thread, and then once he started posting I felt better about him, but didn't have a ton of time to pursue my Marmot read. I do think it's natural to spend some time discussing the mechanics of the setup on early d1 though, just to ensure that everyone understands the setup in at least a general sense. You're one of my strongest town reads at the moment so I hope you can come around to seeing that I'm town as well. I'm getting the feeling that the mafia lie in the players whom are difficult to execute, so I think we're going to need to not be lazy here, and work to form strong mutual town reads where possible.
Then can you please explain who are the suspected mafia aligned players that are difficult to kill here?
I don't think it's helpful for me to mention my full list of reads at the moment, but if you're curious, I'd be interested in axing either Epi or Marmot today.
I don't understand what you're getting at here. I feel like you're more concerned with looking for a chance to say "GOTCHA" to anyone than actually finding scum.
I have a problem with this. "It isn't helpful for me to mention my full list of reads at the moment."

Why is that @Urist?

You were cool lynching either me or my brother.

And you were cool giving Guillotine shit.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 277

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 3

Post by MacDougall »

Urist wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:34 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:25 pm
Urist wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:24 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:19 pm Do I call you bad and wrong all the time?

Ok so I have a developing read. As of last significant update I had a personal scumread on LC but your townread on him looks like possible TMI. If I agreed with it I'd be more inclined to not consider it TMI.
Well my reads this game have probably been ~rand or below rand but apparently even that is too good for poor incapable town Urist. (NB not actually offended by you calling me inaccurate, just pointing out how absurd it is that you're saying I have TMI).

Why wouldn't you just ask me to explain my LC read in more depth / detail though, instead of outright accusing me?
Why wouldn't you just do that?
I'm doing it now. But I'm posing the question because you had townread me up until that point and it doesn't feel townie for you to reverse your read rather than ask for elabouration.
Doesn't it? You think scum me would choose now to ambush you? When you're my only defender?
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 248

Post by Urist »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:37 pm
Guillotine wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:34 am @Urist who are the players difficult to execute in this game?
Any of the TS regulars are unlikely to execute each other. dunya, Mac, Epi, Marmot, LC.
Whom do you scum read out of that group? Sorry if you already said it and I missed it?
I didn't mention it, I think those people are difficult to execute regardless of alignment.
Your complaint that I don't have much content outside of tedxtr or falcon is accurate, but unfair, considering most of my posts are from d0 or the first 24h of d1. I spent a lot of time basically waiting for ted to come into the thread, and then once he started posting I felt better about him, but didn't have a ton of time to pursue my Marmot read. I do think it's natural to spend some time discussing the mechanics of the setup on early d1 though, just to ensure that everyone understands the setup in at least a general sense. You're one of my strongest town reads at the moment so I hope you can come around to seeing that I'm town as well. I'm getting the feeling that the mafia lie in the players whom are difficult to execute, so I think we're going to need to not be lazy here, and work to form strong mutual town reads where possible.
Then can you please explain who are the suspected mafia aligned players that are difficult to kill here?
I don't think it's helpful for me to mention my full list of reads at the moment, but if you're curious, I'd be interested in axing either Epi or Marmot today.
I don't understand what you're getting at here. I feel like you're more concerned with looking for a chance to say "GOTCHA" to anyone than actually finding scum.
I have a problem with this. "It isn't helpful for me to mention my full list of reads at the moment."

Why is that @Urist?

Because it isn't helpful to post reads lists, generally.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:19 pm Do I call you bad and wrong all the time?

Ok so I have a developing read. As of last significant update I had a personal scumread on LC but your townread on him looks like possible TMI. If I agreed with it I'd be more inclined to not consider it TMI.
Well my reads this game have probably been ~rand or below rand but apparently even that is too good for poor incapable town Urist. (NB not actually offended by you calling me inaccurate, just pointing out how absurd it is that you're saying I have TMI).

Why wouldn't you just ask me to explain my LC read in more depth / detail though, instead of outright accusing me?
I'm doing it now. But I'm posing the question because you had townread me up until that point and it doesn't feel townie for you to reverse your read rather than ask for elabouration.
Doesn't it? You think scum me would choose now to ambush you? When you're my only defender?
Can you just answer the question please?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:45 pm Marmot,

Just noticed it. I tend to start reading at point B and stay caught up until point C. Then I will be away until point D. At that point, I will simultaneously start reading at point D and C, trying to keep up and ketchup at the same time. Occasionally (especially early in the game), I will close a window (usually on purpose) and simply lose the posts between C and D.

You can kinda see these two parallel time streams in my isos if you really look for them so just FYI, that’s why it may feel like I’m picking random ass posts out from 10 pages back.

Anyway, why?
Jack should remain a suspect.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Urist wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:41 pm

Why is that @Urist?

Why not?
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 71

Post by 112 »

Urist town
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 pm My main hesitation on yeeting JPic is I trust neither Ted nor Dunya.
Yet you voted for me.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:47 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:52 pm My main hesitation on yeeting JPic is I trust neither Ted nor Dunya.
Yet you voted for me.
Good point.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

112 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:46 pmUrist town
Why?

And if you believe that, why aren't you voting Urist?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Urist wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:43 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:41 pm

Can you just answer the question please?
I didn't do that because I wanted to vocalise my read of the situation and didn't think it pertinent to ask you for clarification first.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:45 pm

Why is that @Urist?

Why not?
Because people tend to get hung up on the people you put as "town" or "scum" when they're weak reads to begin with. Or they get upset if you put too many people in the "null" category. Or if your reads are too correct or too wrong. Or if you forget someone, or include yourself, or don't include yourself. And then if your reads change you have to say it in-thread or someone will think it's an inconsistency because of what you posted in your reads list earlier. I've seen so many TvT arguments started over reads lists, it's dumb and so rarely brings anything positive to the thread.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am unsure that scum Falcon would enter the fray and immediately drop an absurd scumread on confirm town Epi.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:49 pm
112 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:46 pmUrist town
Why?

And if you believe that, why aren't you voting Urist?
Idk they seem solvey and free-floating, have a lot of good analysis

I'm not voting them bcuz the voices are telling me not to
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Meta tells me I am looking at town 112.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:44 pm

Just noticed it. I tend to start reading at point B and stay caught up until point C. Then I will be away until point D. At that point, I will simultaneously start reading at point D and C, trying to keep up and ketchup at the same time. Occasionally (especially early in the game), I will close a window (usually on purpose) and simply lose the posts between C and D.

You can kinda see these two parallel time streams in my isos if you really look for them so just FYI, that’s why it may feel like I’m picking random ass posts out from 10 pages back.

Anyway, why?
I seriously doubt that mafiaJack claims most of his role on post #42.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Urist wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:49 pm
Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:45 pm

Why is that @Urist?

Why not?
Because people tend to get hung up on the people you put as "town" or "scum" when they're weak reads to begin with. Or they get upset if you put too many people in the "null" category. Or if your reads are too correct or too wrong. Or if you forget someone, or include yourself, or don't include yourself. And then if your reads change you have to say it in-thread or someone will think it's an inconsistency because of what you posted in your reads list earlier. I've seen so many TvT arguments started over reads lists, it's dumb and so rarely brings anything positive to the thread.
How do you catch mafia?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:52 pm Meta tells me I am looking at town 112.
:phew:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Urist wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:52 pm

Anyway, why?
Yeah this was my read on Jack also.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

[VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:56 pm
Urist wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:52 pm

Anyway, why?
Yeah this was my read on Jack also.
Oh. Then we chop Jpic?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

112 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:56 pm [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
Jack already has a vote.

Why are you confident he's a civilian?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

:shifty:
Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:57 pm
112 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:56 pm [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
Jack already has a vote.

Why are you confident he's a civilian?
Are votes backwards or something?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Ignore the emote above. I'm not sure how it got there.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Just read day start. I'll

[VOTE: urist] aubergine

with my new knowledge.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

112 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:02 am Just read day start. I'll

[VOTE: urist] aubergine

with my new knowledge.
Hmmm
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:11 pm Basically, I’m saying you’re in the towncore too.
This to Marmot.

Voted me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 0

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:01 pm I’m gonna throw out more claim right now than I normally do in games because I think it might be strategically helpful.

I have essentially two powers. One can be cast by the mana I produce or less and it’s not great. The other can be cast by more mana than I can produce by myself in a turn and is pretty decent. It’s my understanding that I can’t save up mana turn to turn.

Without rereading the rules or my rolecard, we have 10 life and a mafia kill removes 10 life. Say I need 2 extra mana to use my better ability. If I can actually get that mana and if I get targeted by that dissolve the fool power every night, it’d take 5 nights of using a better power to die, which is probably totally worth it in a game this side. Arguably no downside, even.

So the real downside to anyone with an ability choice like mine is outting that I have “a decent power” and then either having to say “give me mana if you can spare it,” which risks the fool blast doing extra damage or just not getting anything, or we have to more publicly declare what we’re doing, making it easier to not get the mana you need and generally making the wolf’s job of disrupting town powerroles easier. Ie if I’m town and LC is town and the mafia has a rb, they can essentially block us both if we make it public that LC is giving me mana by blocking me. But if I just say “give me mana” I might get 5+ and get fool killed in 2 nights instead of 5.

So like...thoughts on the best way to strategerize with this setup?
You think scum jack makes this post?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:36 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 3:56 pm @falcon45ca

Can we learn we’re both town and yeet someone not cuddly rodent shaped?
Why do you think Marmot is town? I'm sus of him this RD, based off his criticism of 112 for voting the same wagon that 112's scum reads (Marmot & Epi) were voting.

Thing is, both Marmot & Epi were ALSO voting the same wagon as one of their scum reads....me. I've quoted Marmot recently pointing out this hypocrisy...crickets.

Marmot also declined to give a read on my ISO despite being asked several times last RD, and only did so much later when my wagon got some traction.
Any update on this front Falcon?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:45 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:14 pm My perception of today's gamestate is that town players are starting to find each other and establish a towncore. I could be wrong, but a number of players that I townread yesterday still hold that status in my mind today, and not only that, they're seeing it in each other. Epi/Guillo. Jack/HK. Myself/Jack. Dunya/Wilgy.

I'll admit I could be very wrong about any number of them, but I don't think today's the day that happens.

If that is what's happening, that would mean my perception that the outliers sewing discord among those players are the mafia. JPIC and falcon are two players who imo are doing that today.
What does this mean? Sounds like you're hedging a bit, and what do you mean "don't think today's the day that happens"? How on earth is a TP this confident in their reads?

What discord am I sewing amongst the players today?

I'm confident in the POE that I've established, and until it's proved inaccurate, I don't feel the need reconsider my strong townreads.

But to answer your question, it's posts like this. Instead of asking me to clarify or something like that, you're saying that I'm hedging and imo framing my post in a negative light and discrediting me.
Mmm. Good take Marmot.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 270

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:50 pm I am unsure that scum Falcon would enter the fray and immediately drop an absurd scumread on confirm town Epi.
I am unsure scum leave confirmed town alive.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:12 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:50 pm I am unsure that scum Falcon would enter the fray and immediately drop an absurd scumread on confirm town Epi.
He only became confirmed after scum killed his mason teammate and the role flip confirms him as town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Epignosis Wilgy and JPIC reads?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:14 am @Epignosis Wilgy and JPIC reads?
I'm at the point in the phase where you took whatever post you could find about me and twisted it into "Epi is mafia."

I don't believe you are a civilian, so I'm not answering your question.

Do better. You'll get no support from me.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Day 1

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:56 pm
Epignosis wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 6:51 pm Less than ten minutes to go. Has Falcon posted at all this hour?
Town Epi never talks like this.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:12 am
Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:45 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:39 pm
Marmot wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 4:14 pm My perception of today's gamestate is that town players are starting to find each other and establish a towncore. I could be wrong, but a number of players that I townread yesterday still hold that status in my mind today, and not only that, they're seeing it in each other. Epi/Guillo. Jack/HK. Myself/Jack. Dunya/Wilgy.

I'll admit I could be very wrong about any number of them, but I don't think today's the day that happens.

If that is what's happening, that would mean my perception that the outliers sewing discord among those players are the mafia. JPIC and falcon are two players who imo are doing that today.
What does this mean? Sounds like you're hedging a bit, and what do you mean "don't think today's the day that happens"? How on earth is a TP this confident in their reads?

What discord am I sewing amongst the players today?

I'm confident in the POE that I've established, and until it's proved inaccurate, I don't feel the need reconsider my strong townreads.

But to answer your question, it's posts like this. Instead of asking me to clarify or something like that, you're saying that I'm hedging and imo framing my post in a negative light and discrediting me.
Mmm. Good take Marmot.
Are you kidding me? You're using the words of a dead player to give yourself some more town cred?

Marmot voted for Ted. He flipped town. Marmot voted for Made. He flipped town. Yeah, good take Marmot.

It's true, Marmot was town too, but damn he sure had some shit reads for scum. You pretending like he's had good takes is absurd, and clearly you're only doing so because it benefits you.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
falcon45ca

Re: Magic the Gathering Mafia - Night 2

Post by falcon45ca »

Epignosis wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:05 pm Fuckers killed my brother.
This is a wolf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:17 am
I'm at the point in the phase where you took whatever post you could find about me and twisted it into "Epi is mafia."

Honestly this is just bad play. Absolute shit in fact.

If this is your idea of good play then miss me in signups in future.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall came at me when I've been busy as fuck and tried to get me lynched.

That's a MacDougall thing to do because MacDougal is a coward.

Can't handle me when I'm present or even do me the courtesy of trying to figure me out when I'm around.

That's okay.

The game today is trust, Mac. I don't trust you. So I'm not answering your questions and I'm not voting to save you. Someone else is though. So I guess you are safe.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Mac misread me so he is mafia and I am not going to answer any questions he asks is total fucking cooked bullshit get in the bin.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:12 am
He only became confirmed after scum killed his mason teammate and the role flip confirms him as town.
I'm in tutuu's ISO right now, where is this role flip confirmation?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:23 am MacDougall came at me when I've been busy as fuck and tried to get me lynched.

That's a MacDougall thing to do because MacDougal is a coward.

Can't handle me when I'm present or even do me the courtesy of trying to figure me out when I'm around.

That's okay.

The game today is trust, Mac. I don't trust you. So I'm not answering your questions and I'm not voting to save you. Someone else is though. So I guess you are safe.
I asked you for your read on two of my scumreads. Explain how avoiding making reads on Wilgy and JPIC is pro town?

You can't. Its just shit play.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:23 am

I proved my innocence and you still fucking voted for me and made me and Marmot vote for someone we both believed were innocent.

"lol"

that's what you said.

No, I'm not happy with you.

Put your big boy pants on if you're a civilian and stop being so antagonistic.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:12 am
I'm in tutuu's ISO right now, where is this role flip confirmation?
He is un cc'd Marmot's mason partner. Marmot's rolecard confirms him town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:25 am

I proved my innocence and you still fucking voted for me and made me and Marmot vote for someone we both believed were innocent.

"lol"

that's what you said.

I clearly explained my position. I and 4 others voted for you. I laughed because I read it as Marmot outing himself to save you.

If you are confirmed town and wanna throw this bad to send me a message go for it.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:24 am Mac misread me so he is mafia and I am not going to answer any questions he asks is total fucking cooked bullshit get in the bin.
That's right.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:27 am
Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:25 am

"lol"

that's what you said.

I clearly explained my position. I and 4 others voted for you. I laughed because I read it as Marmot outing himself to save you.

If you are confirmed town and wanna throw this bad to send me a message go for it.
I'm not voting for you, am I? :llama:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am here trying to defend Epi from Falcon while he won't even give me a read on a scummy player.

This may be the moment I realise I actually hate this game.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:28 am I am here trying to defend Epi from Falcon while he won't even give me a read on a scummy player.

This may be the moment I realise I actually hate this game.
Maybe stop being a dick when other people are at work, huh?

I came home to almost being killed because of you. That's shit.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

"Mafia God" my ass.

Return to “Previous Rackets”