82%

Total votes: 22
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 678
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 0]

Post by Alison »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:41 pm I could have very easily said yes as Overconfident Town World Champion Sloonei there.
But you aren't Overconfident Town World Champion Sloonei. You're the Sloonei that hates the pressure that people put on you to produce results because of your reputation. I know because I used that specifically to try and pocket you during the Fallout game and you responded by telling me how relatable it was. I do not believe that town you would intentionally put that burden on himself. I also think town you would be suspicious that I had a wolf-favored gamestate (eg. if myself MacDougall and JJJ are all wolves) set up, and am confident that you will not deliver your scumflip, therefore allowing me to misexe you.

So I don't think you would say yes if you were town. On the other hand if you're mafia you could easily say yes to show off how unafraid you are to commit to flipping a mafia. In that world you already know my PR claim is legit so you could be planning to pop me N1 and hope that the rest of the thread forgets about the deal we cut. I'm guessing that Sloonei mafia would also have observed my behavior in games like Bee Mafia and deduce that if I was town offering a legitimate "promise to flip a wolf and I'll cut you slack" deal, I would give you a D1 pass if you had said yes. And then as mentioned you can kill me and let town forget about your commitment.

Therefore I find it psychologically unlikely that town Sloonei says yes to this deal but psychologically likely that scum Sloonei does the same.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:22 pm My read on tutuu's energetic openings -- No read exists, please provide new input.

My read on tutuu's initial reads -- They're fine I guess. Consensus.

My perspective of tutuu -- No gripes, read will develop with more original contribution once she has acclimated. Cannot call town read with any confidence.
why u so scummy brah
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 557
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:25 pm Too many typos means the typos are intentional. Intentional typos means tutuu is trying to pocket us with her cutesy half-clueless half-tryhard act like she does as scum every time. The difference is that it's genuine when she's town and inauthentic when she's scum.
I am down with that case. That's right up my alley.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I like how two people have tried to defend my post by saying "it's just a joke, why are you expecting her to have purpose behind every post" right before I explained that it was a reaction test after all.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:14 pm Falcon V
JPIC W
MacDougall V
JJJ V

Dear mafia: I am a provable town sided PR. I have just given you four accurate reads. Now you will have to deal with confirmed town Alison the whole of D1. On N1 you will have to choose between shooting town Alison, town Mac or town JJJ. Possibly even town Sloonei as well. Have fun.
Oh geez that's a doozy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:30 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:07 pm I am wary of the motivation for Alison to claim exactly like this in her entry post. She is explicitly wedging herself into a pre-formed town-core via this claim. It seems as though she has the confidence to project this claim into the thread right off the bat because she is comfortable declaring town reads on Mac and Jay ~20 posts into the game. I don't disagree with either of those reads, but it feels like Alison has pre-concocted a plan to drop this partial claim which hinges on these other "strong players" also being town. I question whether Alison would make this claim if she didn't have those town reads, but I also question that she would be confident enough in these reads to make the claim only 20 posts in.

In the Mafia Alison world, she wants to wedge herself into a towncore of her own invention by capitalizing on an advantageous role which can (presumably) be used to appear as mechanically confirmed later down the line (we explicitly are told that we know nothing about the setup. Any variety of a role claim should be taken with a grain of salt right now), and pocketing a few of the more authoritative voices in the thread right off the bat.
Why can't I be doing all this shit as town? What specifically about the way I went about claiming made you think it was "pre-concocted" (presumably in scum chat), or that I wouldn't be "confident" enough in my early reads to claim based off them?

For the record I decided to post 1 claim the moment I saw my role. The fact that I opened up with a couple of nice town reads on JJJ and Mac made it even sweeter, but if I was NAI on everyone I would have claimed anyway.
Why would you be doing it as town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 468
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Strawhenge »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:46 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:23 pm Someone tell Grandpa Strawhenge what multiball is, or is supposed to be.
Two mafia teams.

What’s your first impression of the new blood, Mr Hange?
I have no idea. I'm so rusty. :scared: (I also haven't completely caught up on the thread.)

So far the only thing I'm interested in is how avidly Alison is defending herself. A lot of that conversation is based on meta that I'm 0% familiar with, but my foggy recollections of old games often led me toward thinking that those who Doth Protest Too Much on Day 0 had something to hide.

That, and I'm always wary of Day 0 Page 1 reads that are based on very little.
Literally just some fucking guy.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:49 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:22 pm My read on tutuu's energetic openings -- No read exists, please provide new input.

My read on tutuu's initial reads -- They're fine I guess. Consensus.

My perspective of tutuu -- No gripes, read will develop with more original contribution once she has acclimated. Cannot call town read with any confidence.
why u so scummy brah
Jay is town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Strawhenge wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:46 pmthose who Doth Protest Too Much on Day 0 had something to hide.

Wanna clarify: something to hide, whether they're town/scum/third-party.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:51 pm Why would you be doing it as town?
For the same reason I'd be doing it as scum: to immediately towncore myself, gain thread influence and force everyone to sheep me. It has the added benefit of forcing the mafia to make difficult decisions, and if you have seen me talk about my philosophy of competing wagons previously, I am a big fan of that.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:46 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:44 pm tutuu why are your posts so riddled with weird errors?
SORRY im on phone and im terrible at phone posting and it would take me a lot of time to fix my errors comparativrpy to when im on laptop and i just get annoyed im used to writing 100 wpm on laptop sorry :(
B
But they also look funny to me and also its 4:46 am here so its just in the vibr u know. The mood
Im groovingm dancw with me fam
B
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison

Post by Alison »

It should be pretty obvious that if a townie claims a PR they're making a fairly simple thread influence for lifespan tradeoff.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Well I farted up that quote pyramid. What I meant to say is that: those who Doth Protest Too Much on Day 0 had something to hide—be they town/scum/third-party.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Well I farted up that quote pyramid. What I meant to say is that: those who Doth Protest Too Much on Day 0 had something to hide—be they town/scum/third-party.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Strawhenge wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:51 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:46 pm
Strawhenge wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:23 pm Someone tell Grandpa Strawhenge what multiball is, or is supposed to be.
Two mafia teams.

What’s your first impression of the new blood, Mr Hange?
I have no idea. I'm so rusty. :scared: (I also haven't completely caught up on the thread.)

So far the only thing I'm interested in is how avidly Alison is defending herself. A lot of that conversation is based on meta that I'm 0% familiar with, but my foggy recollections of old games often led me toward thinking that those who Doth Protest Too Much on Day 0 had something to hide.

I'm allergic to bad reasoning.

Day 0 Page 1 reads are great.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:09 pm JPIC, Alison, Esooa, Nanook.

Game over, town wins.
thanks for solving it so quick. I'm kinda busy
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think Sloonei's immediate skepticism of me claiming I have a provable PR is townie from him in the context of just coming out of Fallout 2, a game where I pocketed him by dayvigging a scummy player D1 and claiming the shot immediately.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 482

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Esooa wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:35 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 6:30 pm I, JaggedJimmyJay, site administrator and long-time Mafia enthusiast, am a member of the town faction. Oh good gravy!
I am town, and claimed as such
I forgot this one
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Marmot wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:36 pm I'm p sure you claimed mafia essooaaa
ah. oops. can't keep my story straight
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:22 pm TSP is either a TMI machine as mafia or he is town. Everyone else was skeptical about my claim but he said immediately and confidently he knew I was town; he also asked if it was multiball out of the blue, and heavily implied that he had reason to do so when pressed on why.

So either TSP is making some serious scum errors or he has a role that gives him setup information (which is townie). I think the latter is more likely than the former.
So Tony can only be Mafia or someone with a role that for some reason tells him the setup?

This doesn't feel like a reasonable conclusion
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Esooa wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:46 pm
KZA wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:10 pm k Sloonei is town

Falcon's case on him I'm having trouble believing is real tbh
weirdchamp post
weak FOS Mafooa
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:49 pm I like how two people have tried to defend my post by saying "it's just a joke, why are you expecting her to have purpose behind every post" right before I explained that it was a reaction test after all.
I still stand by the fact you make OOG posts
Alison

Post by Alison »

Esooa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:00 am
Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:49 pm I like how two people have tried to defend my post by saying "it's just a joke, why are you expecting her to have purpose behind every post" right before I explained that it was a reaction test after all.
I still stand by the fact you make OOG posts
It's true.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:36 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:43 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:42 pm Currently I have the tiebreaker vote. If I vote for 8PM EST can you promise me that you will deliver a scum flip through your EOD interactions?
No. That would be silly.
^^before i saw sloonei's explanation for his read on alison, i actually thought that his suspicion toward her was borne out of this specific interaction

alison is a very purposeful player, and i didn't understand her purpose behind asking that specific question to sloonei. it didn't feel like a question that was intended to get alignment indicative information out of sloonei, nor did it feel like a question that was intended to create a serious deal with him, so it left me scratching my head. it made me wonder if alison was asking an effectively pointless question for the sake of justifying her vote in the poll, and didn't feel comfortable placing a vote down w/out providing some kind of justification for it

i have no other thoughts about alison ATM
Wait for real???

Alison just made a joke? Like. In her own humorous way u know. I mean u know her. That post of hers is very typical of her. Or if not a joke, like, just casual talk

I dont trust u for making an analytical wall about that alison post (i dont have a read on alison)

I think its full of BALLOONEI which rhymes with SLOONEI wow is he also maf

----
Im sexond guessing myself

U ddbsay "alison very determied player"

So like if u arholdimg her to the standars of a robot - sure. So maybe u could he town and believe that post hm. Maybe u dont know alison as well as i do?
ftr this post was the reason I was TRing Alison
Alison

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:23 pm if i was a wolf and i had the tiebreaker vote between the two deadlines, i would probably feel self-conscious about choosing my vote without discussing it with the rest of the thread first. that made me wonder if alison's question toward sloonei served the purpose of giving her a "reason" to put down a vote, since the timing of her question struck me as relatively odd/unnatural

it is a nitpicky read
This concerns me, because I don't think this is an authentic thought. SPF knows me and knows that I wouldn't feel self-conscious about this poll. It's a thin justification, and she acknowledges that it's thin, but I'm wondering if she would have genuinely come up with this sort of idea at all in the first place.
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

God, it's like I've never posted on a forum before. Bungled quote pyramid and a doublepost? Yeesh and a half. Anyway...
Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:54 pmDay 0 Page 1 reads are great.
I mean, yeah, something has to get the conversation started, but they never felt very useful to me. To each their own, though; not at all criticizing Day 0 reads as a concept.
Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:56 pm I think Sloonei's immediate skepticism of me claiming I have a provable PR is townie from him in the context of just coming out of Fallout 2, a game where I pocketed him by dayvigging a scummy player D1 and claiming the shot immediately.
Yeah, see, this is what I mean: there's so much meta flying around these boards and I have zero context for any of it.

(Also I'm sad as hell that I didn't come around in time to play a Fallout 2 game.)
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

BoKnows wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:58 pm Image
relatable
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:56 pm I think Sloonei's immediate skepticism of me claiming I have a provable PR is townie from him in the context of just coming out of Fallout 2, a game where I pocketed him by dayvigging a scummy player D1 and claiming the shot immediately.
To be fair re: fallout I did not care which of the two viable roles you were. I didn’t need the slaver dead to win, so I accepted Alison as town according to my worldview no matter what.

And then watched town waste a day chopping you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

KZA wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:59 pm

weirdchamp post
weak FOS Mafooa
if you were wanting to actually figure stuff out between them I have no clue why you say you have trouble believing it's real, rather than you're not sure of the legitimacy of it.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:22 pm TSP is either a TMI machine as mafia or he is town. Everyone else was skeptical about my claim but he said immediately and confidently he knew I was town; he also asked if it was multiball out of the blue, and heavily implied that he had reason to do so when pressed on why.

So either TSP is making some serious scum errors or he has a role that gives him setup information (which is townie). I think the latter is more likely than the former.
though lol
Alison

Post by Alison »

KZA wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:58 pm

So Tony can only be Mafia or someone with a role that for some reason tells him the setup?

He seemed to have TMI on two separate things. Occam's Razor is that he has TMI.

If he has TMI then his TMI either comes from scum messing up big time or town given setup info by the host. Without going into details I think it is plausible based on my role's flavor and mechanics that it would be a piece of info given to an informed townie. I think TSP is more likely to be town than to mess up this hard as scum, especially since he is a reasonably mechanically oriented player.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Strawhenge wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:03 am God, it's like I've never posted on a forum before. Bungled quote pyramid and a doublepost? Yeesh and a half. Anyway...
Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:54 pmDay 0 Page 1 reads are great.
I mean, yeah, something has to get the conversation started, but they never felt very useful to me. To each their own, though; not at all criticizing Day 0 reads as a concept.
What do you mean get the conversation started? I tunnel my page 1 reads until I die.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I can say that I have no information that would point to the game being multiball outside of having watched the second season of fargo (and reasonably by not being both town and any of the characters who would be on said second team) and you can believe me or not
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

as for the read on Alison:
Alison

Post by Alison »

weirdchamp post
weak FOS Mafooa
What are your reads?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:02 am
tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:36 pm Wait for real???

Alison just made a joke? Like. In her own humorous way u know. I mean u know her. That post of hers is very typical of her. Or if not a joke, like, just casual talk

I dont trust u for making an analytical wall about that alison post (i dont have a read on alison)

----

So like if u arholdimg her to the standars of a robot - sure. So maybe u could he town and believe that post hm. Maybe u dont know alison as well as i do?
Does that mean you suspect tutuu?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:08 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:02 am
tutuu wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:36 pm Wait for real???

----

Does that mean you suspect tutuu?
Uh yeah but for absolutely nothing related to the alison post cited above which she made before tutuu entered the thread
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think TSP is reasonable at managing TMI if he's scum though.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:08 am Does that mean you suspect tutuu?
Why would it?
Strawhenge
Drug Dealer

Post by Strawhenge »

Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:06 amWhat do you mean get the conversation started? I tunnel my page 1 reads until I die.
:haha:

But anyway, Alison, I'm going over TSP's post history, and I'm not seeing anything suggesting TMI. I see what's probably a gut town-read on you, and then game speculation. What makes you think he knows more than he's letting on?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Strawhenge wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:09 am
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:06 amWhat do you mean get the conversation started? I tunnel my page 1 reads until I die.
:haha:

But anyway, Alison, I'm going over TSP's post history, and I'm not seeing anything suggesting TMI. I see what's probably a gut town-read on you, and then game speculation. What makes you think he knows more than he's letting on?
Sloonei dropped a big case on me being scum and then TSP defended me with a bald assertion that I was town. I thought if he had a regular read on me he'd at least refer to Sloonei's reasoning. He has since said that he has a regular read on me and just chose to ignore Sloonei and not disclose his reasons so I guess that's how TSP plays.

As for the multiball speculation it came completely out of nowhere and nothing we've seen suggested that there were multiple scum teams. Multiball is also not a very common mechanic on the Syndicate so there is a natural question to be asked about why he jumped to it.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I lightly regret signing up for this because it's a reasonably sized closed game and I literlaly never want to play a multiball game again for the rest of my life

Hopefully it's not
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Alison wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:54 pm It should be pretty obvious that if a townie claims a PR they're making a fairly simple thread influence for lifespan tradeoff.
What’s not obvious is why that’s the optimal play. But I’m not interested in learning what exactly your role is, so meh.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:09 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:08 am Does that mean you suspect tutuu?
Why would it?
Maybe he was townreading you for making the same case against tutuu he had in mind? It's not that, as he has revealed, but that might have been my mindset there.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I have zero interest in Alison's claim and will proceed to treat it with that amount of interest.
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Esooa wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:03 am

weirdchamp post
weak FOS Mafooa
if you were wanting to actually figure stuff out between them I have no clue why you say you have trouble believing it's real, rather than you're not sure of the legitimacy of it.
"trouble believing it's real"

"not sure of the legitimacy"

These mean the exact same thing to me so idk what you're going for here
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 12:05 am
KZA wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:58 pm

He seemed to have TMI on two separate things. Occam's Razor is that he has TMI.

If he has TMI then his TMI either comes from scum messing up big time or town given setup info by the host. Without going into details I think it is plausible based on my role's flavor and mechanics that it would be a piece of info given to an informed townie. I think TSP is more likely to be town than to mess up this hard as scum, especially since he is a reasonably mechanically oriented player.
Oh I see, it's based on what you know.

I mean personally I also thought "what if this is multiball" because it's a closed setup so Tony can be any role imo

Also I think you're mixing up the order of events here; Sloonei didn't drop a case on you until well after TSP townread you.
KZA
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:57 pm Oh it's page 2 now. Alison is mafia.
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:00 pm Alison is town
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:00 pm Not here to contradict Sloonei, just here to be right
false
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

saying you're not sure if it's real = assumption the person is making it up, i.e. mafia

Not sure of it's legitimacy = not sure if their case holds water without assumption on their alignment
Alison

Post by Alison »

I did mix it up, my bad. Sloonei's case was after Tony's bald assertion.

Return to “Previous Jobs”