82%

Total votes: 22
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 482
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

There is nothing more terrifying to me than the imagination that I may wake up one day and my every sentence would be unintelligible to those around me. I could still be in control (largely) of my mind but be completely unable of communicating with anyone I care about, or anyone at all.

Second place: waking up and being a giant bug.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723

Post by Sloonei »

tutuu wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:36 pm
BoKnows wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:35 pm How is the game progresing?
i think its much better than how it used to be
why? what has changed?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My slow prodding catch up is done. I am here and mostly up to date on the happenings. But the thread is dead. I need real time interactions. I crave real time interactions. Somebody step out of the shadows and keep me company.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 pm My slow prodding catch up is done. I am here and mostly up to date on the happenings. But the thread is dead. I need real time interactions. I crave real time interactions. Somebody step out of the shadows and keep me company.
hi
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:41 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:38 pm My slow prodding catch up is done. I am here and mostly up to date on the happenings. But the thread is dead. I need real time interactions. I crave real time interactions. Somebody step out of the shadows and keep me company.
hi
How's tutuu looking to you?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:44 pm
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:41 pm
hi
How's tutuu looking to you?
meh
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

she's way more scummy than her previous scum games. Which I'm fine just saying mafia, but I've not seen her play town so I'm not completely sure how to approach that. I generally read her outside of that as scummy
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

i am at work and popping in and out of the thread. what's up? what's on your mind right now?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:45 pm she's way more scummy than her previous scum games. Which I'm fine just saying mafia, but I've not seen her play town so I'm not completely sure how to approach that. I generally read her outside of that as scummy
I've never seen a tutuu scum game. I do not think she looks overtly bad here, but I also am having trouble believing some of the things I've seen her say. The Strawhenge read I highlighted earlier, for example. I'm also skeptical of her handling of me, but I say that a lot of the time when people suspect me.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:46 pm
i am at work and popping in and out of the thread. what's up? what's on your mind right now?
I would like to see the thread return to the busy, contemplative, cooperative atmosphere it had Day 0. This afternoon/evening seemed to sink into a bit of people wanting to dunk on each other, which does not make for a fun or competitive mafia game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 326

Post by falcon45ca »

I'm around
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:52 pm
I'm around
Who are your strongest town reads in the game so far?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 721
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:05 am
Alison wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:46 pm Town: JJJ, MacDougall, Nanook, Oddmerta, Sloonei, Strawhenge, falcon45ca

Light town: Esooa, fingersplints, BoKnows

Null: Dom, Michelle, Long Con, Marmot

Mixed: tutuu, staypositivefriedn

POE: AL_sama, JPIC, KZA, TonyStarkPrime, tedxtr

Here's where I'm at.
@JaggedJimmyJay @Sloonei @tutuu @Esooa @Michelle

You guys are on Alison duty. Here's the rules.

Alison's current readslist is >rand accurate regardless of alignment. Her reads must remain good and she must remain day in and day out responsible for the pelting of wolves to remain above the line.

The idea is that we force her into the light, or force her to kill her teammates.

If at any stage of the game after I am dead there are more than two consecutive town mislynches and if Alison is still alive, instantly kill her.

As it stands I believe she is town and expect she will self resolve early, but these are the runes. Use them wisely.
I read this post and I agree with it

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:51 pm
I would like to see the thread return to the busy, contemplative, cooperative atmosphere it had Day 0. This afternoon/evening seemed to sink into a bit of people wanting to dunk on each other, which does not make for a fun or competitive mafia game.
i would be very much down for the thread to return to that state. i'm not sure how to make it happen, though
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:54 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:51 pm
i would be very much down for the thread to return to that state. i'm not sure how to make it happen, though
Identify your top suspects and then talk to them as if they are town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Can you summarize what happened until now? I didn't catch up yet

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I can't stay awake much, is 4 am and I have no idea why i woke up a little earlier

KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 669
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

BK trying to highpost to go against his lowkey rep?

Tutuu still scum and trying to pocket me with her quick u-turn?

Thanks for reading my hot theories
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 585
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think the thread is mostly back to form now. Folks had their sugar rush.

I feel good about where we stand. Does anyone have any particular read(s) they’re struggling with most or most conflicted about? I will be home shortly to talk.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Michelle wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 8:56 pm
I can't really, because too much has happened. But also, nothing in particular has happened. It's been your usual Day 0/1 proceedings: lots of people have tossed reads around and gone fishing for reactions. Nothing has really risen to the top.

Two names I'm conflicted on are KZA and AL_sama. I have had reasons to suspect both of them, but I can also see them as unlucky townies getting bombarded and demoralized by early suspicion. Especially AL_sama because this is their first game here and we're all strangers to them.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That was supposed to be a recommendation for Michelle to ISO those two players (KZA and sama) but I forgot to include this in the post so now I'm doing it here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:01 pm
I can't really, because too much has happened. But also, nothing in particular has happened. It's been your usual Day 0/1 proceedings: lots of people have tossed reads around and gone fishing for reactions. Nothing has really risen to the top.

Two names I'm conflicted on are KZA and AL_sama. I have had reasons to suspect both of them, but I can also see them as unlucky townies getting bombarded and demoralized by early suspicion. Especially AL_sama because this is their first game here and we're all strangers to them.
pretty sure KZA is town
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:00 pm Does anyone have any particular read(s) they’re struggling with most or most conflicted about? I will be home shortly to talk.

what the hell
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:02 pm

pretty sure KZA is town
why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Just realized Al Sama is very unlikely to be W/W with Tutuu, just something to consider later
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am tempted to slap a town read on Bo as well, but I don't have a substantial reason for that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:04 pm Just realized Al Sama is very unlikely to be W/W with Tutuu, just something to consider later
why?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:05 pm
KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:04 pm Just realized Al Sama is very unlikely to be W/W with Tutuu, just something to consider later
why?
I find it hard to believe he would confuse her with Poison if they were in wolf chat together
KZA
BoKnows
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1034
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by BoKnows »

finished my exam... jays are making me mad... what's going on
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

finished my exam... jays are making me mad... what's going on
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:04 pm
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:02 pm

pretty sure KZA is town
why?
idk, tbh I'm probably not gonna talk about reads rn until closer to EoD/tomorrow, games this large are a bit much
BoKnows
Money Launderer

Post by BoKnows »

KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:06 pm
why?
I find it hard to believe he would confuse her with Poison if they were in wolf chat together
good point
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

KZA wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:06 pm
why?
Pretty good point, but it happened early enough in the game that I do not think it would be impossible for al_sama to have simply not checked in/familiarized themselves with their hypothetical teammates.

i am not in habit of making pre-flip associative reads anyway. we will cross this bridge when we come to it, if it exists at all.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 pm idk, tbh I'm probably not gonna talk about reads rn until closer to EoD/tomorrow, games this large are a bit much
What will you be doing instead?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:02 pm That was supposed to be a recommendation for Michelle to ISO those two players (KZA and sama) but I forgot to include this in the post so now I'm doing it here.
I wil Iso Al in the morning, I played few games with him. I can't say I always read him correct, but I will try

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

BoKnows wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:06 pm finished my exam... jays are making me mad... what's going on
This post is sure to spark some confusion, so let me point out that BoKnows is probably talking about the Toronto Blue Jays, and not JaggedJimmyJay. :p
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:08 pm
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 pm idk, tbh I'm probably not gonna talk about reads rn until closer to EoD/tomorrow, games this large are a bit much
thinking about posts all by my lonesome
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:00 pm I think the thread is mostly back to form now. Folks had their sugar rush.

I feel good about where we stand. Does anyone have any particular read(s) they’re struggling with most or most conflicted about? I will be home shortly to talk.
I hope you'll be here in 3-4 hours, I can't be useful now

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:10 pm
I see this as a new approach, it's the first time when you try it?

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would appreciate whatever input you can spare.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Michelle wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:12 pm
just depends on my mood
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@tutuu explain the mindset behind your vote for me. please and thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm
just depends on my mood
Mood feels down :bighug: and like you don't want to talk so much
Is something that bothers you game related?

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I like Sloonei's vibe

I remembered that Al is never posting much, so I read his posts. In a vacuum he looks good. But I didn't read any context to make a more educated guess.

Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Michelle wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:22 pm
Esooa wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm
just depends on my mood
Mood feels down :bighug: and like you don't want to talk so much
Is something that bothers you game related?
no
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:03 pm
what the hell
[/quote]

my bad, J, not trying to step on your toes
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Hi @AL_sama if you would have to vote in the moment you read this post, who is in your Poe and/or who would receive your vote?

KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:25 pm
what the hell
[/quote]

what the hell
KZA
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

AL_sama wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:11 pm jjj looks townie but feels he could pull it off even if he is scum
alison is giving similar vibes as jjj
tututu is null for me right now
ted isn't playing his usual town game
michelle from what little she posted looks town bit would love to see or from her
falcon looks townie
KZA null
mac townie maybe
esona null
stou looks townie
odd with the way he dipped is making me think he is scum
long con null
marmot null
TSP slight scum lean
straw looks townie
stay null
fingers null
JPIC null
boknows slight scum lean
Thanks for doing this, AL. :beer:

I look forward to seeing how you handle your vote today with these reads in mind.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:25 pm
what the hell
[/quote]
Umm.. Why not?

Return to “Previous Jobs”