82%

Total votes: 22
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Sloonei »

@fingersplints I have a vague suspicion when I look over the landscape of Fargo that you are mafia. I can't tell you why this is, and I don't think it's anything that you've done. But I can't help it being what it is. I'm not going to rush to a decision on you or tunnel you or anything like that. But I do need to hear from you about... stuff. Anything. I don't know what. And I know you have already talked about plenty of things in this game. So whenever you can, and to whatever extent you can, I'd love to hear your general thoughts about the game right now. Who are Marmot's teammates? Who are the best candidates to be on the Other Team? Which players (besides the mechanically cleared) are you most comfortable placing in the Town pile?

Thanks,
Doctor Sloonei, Thread Dad
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:15 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:33 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:32 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:28 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME thoughts on Oddmerta?
@Oddmerta thoughts on nanook?
I thought he was probably town d1

I haven't read any of his posts since
Why was he probably town Day 1?
I liked his tone plus sheeped read
What read was sheeped and by whom?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Strawhenge is probably my most trusted player that doesn't have a mechanical reason to be trusted.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:19 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:28 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME thoughts on Oddmerta?

I was sheeping and it was uh...I don't remember whose read it was, tbh, id have to go look
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 570
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

@Sloonei - how confident would you say your townread on the hally slot is?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:28 am @Sloonei - how confident would you say your townread on the hally slot is?
Exceedingly. I think there is slim to no chance that Hally is not the role we assume they are.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:30 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:28 am @Sloonei - how confident would you say your townread on the hally slot is?
Exceedingly. I think there is slim to no chance that Hally is not the role we assume they are.
i was mildly tinfoiling the slot but then i remembered that there is a very obvious reason to assume that they're town. thanks for the reminder

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:27 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:19 am

I was sheeping and it was uh...I don't remember whose read it was, tbh, id have to go look
To clarify it wasn't a pure sheep it was more "i think they might be town" > "other people do too" > "now I'm more confident in it"
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Nobody voting or pushing hally pretty much confirms them as Joseph's partner imo, obviously if Joseph had a different partner they wouldn't be able to CC directly but they could push on hally as a way of indirectly CCing. Nobody doing that means hally is functionally confirmed town
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:47 am Nobody voting or pushing hally pretty much confirms them as Joseph's partner imo, obviously if Joseph had a different partner they wouldn't be able to CC directly but they could push on hally as a way of indirectly CCing. Nobody doing that means hally is functionally confirmed town
Yes. If I didn't already believe it to be the case, this would be the final confirmation.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

How did I end up with 2 more votes while I was asleep, what the hay guys
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:00 am How did I end up with 2 more votes while I was asleep, what the hay guys
u haven't been very townie. marmot interactions not great. You'll need to help us find a better alternative to be his teammate(s).

on that subject, have you talked about ted yet?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:33 am
Hally wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:52 pm i dunno, there have been games where i’ve been able to tell nook is a villa fairly easily because it’s evident he cares about his reads and stuff. this is not one of those games. i feel like he’s just going through the motions here, which tbf is probably in both ranges for him bit i think os more likely to come from w!him? so gth wolf but i’m not confident in it
this is a good summation of where i'm at with nanook - his posts don't seem to have any real conviction or fluidity between them. he's drifting, and while i dont think drifting is inherently alignment indicative for him, his town game is usually balanced with moments of genuine solving/digging into things - i struggle to see any of that reflected here
I don't think this is a fair summation of my game. I did a reasonable amount of work d1. When I had a townread (bo) potentially in danger d1 I fought against that push. I don't have any townreads in danger d2 and the game seems to mostly be on track, so I don't really feel the need to do much. Coupled with some RL stuff, I think sitting back today is fine.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:04 am
Hally wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:52 pm i dunno, there have been games where i’ve been able to tell nook is a villa fairly easily because it’s evident he cares about his reads and stuff. this is not one of those games. i feel like he’s just going through the motions here, which tbf is probably in both ranges for him bit i think os more likely to come from w!him? so gth wolf but i’m not confident in it
this is a good summation of where i'm at with nanook - his posts don't seem to have any real conviction or fluidity between them. he's drifting, and while i dont think drifting is inherently alignment indicative for him, his town game is usually balanced with moments of genuine solving/digging into things - i struggle to see any of that reflected here
I don't think this is a fair summation of my game. I did a reasonable amount of work d1. When I had a townread (bo) potentially in danger d1 I fought against that push. I don't have any townreads in danger d2 and the game seems to mostly be on track, so I don't really feel the need to do much. Coupled with some RL stuff, I think sitting back today is fine.
but you are a primary suspect
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:07 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 3:24 pm [VOTE: marmot] aubergine
Self-voting is what GoC marmot did. Should i be concerned?
this is a level 0 read, but i like this interaction between JPIC and marmot quite a bit. it feels like JPIC organically latched on to something about marmot that pinged him, and i can see the thought process of: "marmot is playing similarly to GoC" reflected in the way that JPIC talks about marmot for the rest of d1. i think that is a mildly villagery look for JPIC, although not one that i would assert with confidence at the moment

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:02 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:00 am How did I end up with 2 more votes while I was asleep, what the hay guys
u haven't been very townie. marmot interactions not great. You'll need to help us find a better alternative to be his teammate(s).

on that subject, have you talked about ted yet?
I think I've been an acceptable level of townie

Idk why my Marmot interactions aren't great but ok

I don't HAVE to do anything cause I'm not dying today

I haven't talked about Ted, there isn't much to say. Him coming in quesyioning Marmot voters yesterday was weird, that's been noted to death already and me saying it too adds nothing helpful. I'm not sure how scummy it is for him, iirc he's somewhat wary of that kind of defense but I'm not confident in that being reliable. I don't think I'm good at reading ted, people I think are town or have flipped say hes scum so I'm pretty ok with just taking their reads I think

Idk I should probably read his iso but I'm probably not going to

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:05 am
I'm much more interested in fighting to save townreads than myself tbh

I'm not dying today so it doesn't matter
staypositivefriend
Hitman

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 am

who are the main townreads that you wanna shield today?

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:10 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:09 am

who are the main townreads that you wanna shield today?
Bo still, sloon even if he's being annoying and should probably know better, hally but obviously don't/won't need to, Michelle probably, maybe odd not sure, probably fingers. I think id shield straw but that's based off Jay and Joseph reading him town more than my own read. Probably you.

None of these people are in any real danger today so far, you see why I say I'm not worried lol

Like this is a list of people I woild shield, but so far none of them actually need shielding
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: fingersplints] aubergine
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Why are you like this
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 330

Post by Oddmerta »

Sloonei sloonei sloonei, why you no vote ted or tsp?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 am Sloonei sloonei sloonei, why you no vote ted or tsp?
Because nanook said he townreads fingersplints and I think that's a weird read so I want to give him a chance to shield her.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:21 am Sloonei sloonei sloonei, why you no vote ted or tsp?
And also because Day 2 does not end for 15 more hours.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Like, do you think I haven't been hard enough on ted this phase, Odd? Do you think I haven't done enough to engage with TSP?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:22 am
Because nanook said he townreads fingersplints and I think that's a weird read so I want to give him a chance to shield her.
Is it actually a weird read? She seemed really town to me
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:28 am
Is it actually a weird read? She seemed really town to me
Yes. Why was she really town?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

answer that question while i go to sleep, please and thanks
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

She sounds the same to me as when I locked her town d1 in bee mafia

She just has super pure tone

Maybe she can recreate it as mafia, idk, but I'm still inclined to townread it until/unless given evidence that she can copy it as mafia since most can't
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:24 am Like, do you think I haven't been hard enough on ted this phase, Odd? Do you think I haven't done enough to engage with TSP?
Hypothetical, if you were mafia who would you kill tonight?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

If nobody posts with in the next 15 minutes I legally own the thread

I already licked it
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:28 am I already licked it
Curse you Nanook, maybe you are scum
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 721
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:42 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:36 am oddmerta did not directly mention marmot once throughout the entirety of d1

that's wack
I never directly mentioned you either come to think of it
Did you mention me? Asking from curiosity

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:25 pm What have we all been up to?
Playing Among Us
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

KZA wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:57 pm I cannot read Nanook
Same
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 12:02 am I do not struggle at all to see a ted/nanook/marmot team.
So the GoC scum team then
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:38 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:36 am oddmerta did not directly mention marmot once throughout the entirety of d1

that's wack
I did not
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

I am going to enjoy this sunny day in a park

I am still veto-ing Ted's lynch

Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

KZA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:15 am Beer thought: sloonei has been kinda over the top when addressing OddMerta lately

Does this mean something? Idk I hope so
Huh?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:03 am

that's wack
I did not
Why? What read do you have for me?

Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

Long Con wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:24 am
KZA wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:15 am Beer thought: sloonei has been kinda over the top when addressing OddMerta lately

Does this mean something? Idk I hope so
Sloonei is a wolf. It probably means that.
Why?
Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:09 am

that's wack
I did not
You haven't warranted commenting on my read is you are seemingly towm defending wolves for reasons unknown
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:12 am

that's wack
I did not
You haven't warranted commenting on my read is you are seemingly towm defending wolves for reasons unknown
How do you know they are wolves?

Oddmerta
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Oddmerta »

Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:18 am

that's wack
I did not
We don't know for sure but that's the game we're playing
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

What did you make of Fingers ragey reaction to Falcon when he accused her of "copying" his PoE and suspects?
Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:07 am
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 2:03 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:56 am TSP is in a weird spot - it seems there's a consensus that TSP does not fit on Team Marmot (i need to go and verify this myself), but there is still a pretty huge push for him to be the chop today. if it's true that TSP is on the Other Team, i think it is entirely possible that part of the push against TSP is being driven/signal boosted by Marmot's team. This is something that I would like to come back to and analyze when TSP gets resolved
This is not a thought I'd had. It's interesting.

But then, when I think about the Marmot team, I am perhaps getting ahead of myself, but I feel like Ted and nanook both make sense independently and in tandem with one another, so I'm not really too paranoid about them right now. Which could be a major fault on my part.

On that thought, I suppose if Ted is Team Marmot then your theory has legs.
it's notable to me that nanook, fingersplints, and ted (and oddmerta, to a lesser extent) are all on the TSP wagon. TSP has high equity to be a wolf but the majority of the people on his wagon are people that i've also found to have high wolf equity. that indicates to me that the POE is slightly off or that the teams are pushing against each other. i lean on the latter being the case, although it is just speculation until we see more flips
This is interesting

Michelle
Made Man

Post by Michelle »

Oddmerta wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:20 am
Michelle wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:18 am

I did not
We don't know for sure but that's the game we're playing
Looks like i play a different game :ponder:
I am concerned because this consensus seems not natural

Return to “Previous Jobs”