82%

Total votes: 22
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1748
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Hally »

stale wagons means nothing in a multiball environment. marmot was a stale wagon and he flipped wolf

that said, i don’t have overwhelming confidence that any of tony/ted/nook are wolves. i imagine at least one is. but i can’t say i FEEL as confident they’ll flip wolf as i did with marmot. but this being multiball and them being able to still out genuine reads could be impacting that. i don’t know. i have a feeling this game will be harder than we’re currently anticipating
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:21 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:19 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:12 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:09 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:07 pm gl to my fellow slankers after my demise
If this is a suggestion that you are being suspected for slanking, that is highly inaccurate.

Anyway, you got a reads list or anything for us? I am an undecided voter and you absolutely have the power to sway me.
i haven't been able to fully read the thread for reasons that have ended now, but i'm gon die. i don't have a list, i was working on not kansas city people.

out of not consensus people, i had pingy stuff on kza and oddmerta, but as i understand it, they've both claimed some trooper stuff? idek what that is
You seem to know an awful lot about the claims for someone who hasn't read the thread.
good job pointing out what i've already said, i have skimmed ldo
So you skimmed enough to suspect Odd and KZA, and enough to know that they have mechanical information on their side, but nothing more than that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

when i die sloonei, alison and spf are in charge. i’m confident they will make the right calls. after that, i’m not sure who will steer the ship
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:25 pm stale wagons means nothing in a multiball environment. marmot was a stale wagon and he flipped wolf

that said, i don’t have overwhelming confidence that any of tony/ted/nook are wolves. i imagine at least one is. but i can’t say i FEEL as confident they’ll flip wolf as i did with marmot. but this being multiball and them being able to still out genuine reads could be impacting that. i don’t know. i have a feeling this game will be harder than we’re currently anticipating
Do you feel like doing a quick trustfall on nanook, ted, and tsp?

I'm alsot feeling like the game is harder than it appears right now, but I don't necessarily feel like we're on the wrong track today. But I have been trying to work out whether or not we have potentially miscleared somebody. I know you already object to Oddmerta and KZA being cleared. Besides them, is there anyone else you think deserves a closer look?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 618
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Stale wagons is not an inherently bad thing
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 373
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:26 pm
If this is a suggestion that you are being suspected for slanking, that is highly inaccurate.

Anyway, you got a reads list or anything for us? I am an undecided voter and you absolutely have the power to sway me.
i haven't been able to fully read the thread for reasons that have ended now, but i'm gon die. i don't have a list, i was working on not kansas city people.

out of not consensus people, i had pingy stuff on kza and oddmerta, but as i understand it, they've both claimed some trooper stuff? idek what that is
You seem to know an awful lot about the claims for someone who hasn't read the thread.
So you skimmed enough to suspect Odd and KZA, and enough to know that they have mechanical information on their side, but nothing more than that?
who ever said i don't know nothing more than that?

stop making assumptions dood
ImageImageImageImage

Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:28 pm when i die sloonei, alison and spf are in charge. i’m confident they will make the right calls. after that, i’m not sure who will steer the ship
Hi
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 672
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:28 pm when i die sloonei, alison and spf are in charge. i’m confident they will make the right calls. after that, i’m not sure who will steer the ship
I can
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

you may think i'm scum but your last 10 posts towards me were based entirely on assumptions that i'm wolf and you're making stuff up to believe it
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I'll be around :^)
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I want to play as town against wolf hally

I want to understand the pain caccio went through
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:28 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:25 pm stale wagons means nothing in a multiball environment. marmot was a stale wagon and he flipped wolf

I'm alsot feeling like the game is harder than it appears right now, but I don't necessarily feel like we're on the wrong track today. But I have been trying to work out whether or not we have potentially miscleared somebody. I know you already object to Oddmerta and KZA being cleared. Besides them, is there anyone else you think deserves a closer look?
i don’t know. i don’t object to anything. i still don’t feel i have a firm enough foothold on this game to dictate who should and shouldn’t be clear. i’ll leave that to the people who have been here the whole time and seen how everything unfolded in real time. there are still a lot of things i haven’t even read
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:29 pm

I asked you for reads and your response was "i haven't been able to fully read the thread for reasons that have ended now." So you started by framing yourself as being uninformed/not caught up. If you could spill everything you have without that qualifer, that'd be great.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:30 pm you may think i'm scum but your last 10 posts towards me were based entirely on assumptions that i'm wolf and you're making stuff up to believe it
What have I made up?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:29 pm
Hi
you’re really going to have to step it up if you want to steer. i know you’re capable of it if you’re a villager but it’s hard to trust you this game
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:30 pm
I can
alright
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:32 pm

i don’t know. i don’t object to anything. i still don’t feel i have a firm enough foothold on this game to dictate who should and shouldn’t be clear. i’ll leave that to the people who have been here the whole time and seen how everything unfolded in real time. there are still a lot of things i haven’t even read
I still trust your voice and want to hear it. What have you got? What would you like to read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage

Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:33 pm
Hi
you’re really going to have to step it up if you want to steer. i know you’re capable of it if you’re a villager but it’s hard to trust you this game
When the game gets smaller and I'm mech cleared thats my time to shine baby

This game has nanook loses in f3 written all over it i can't wait
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:31 pm I want to play as town against wolf hally

you already are :mafia:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 pm

I'm a wolf
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:32 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:29 pm

I asked you for reads and your response was "i haven't been able to fully read the thread for reasons that have ended now." So you started by framing yourself as being uninformed/not caught up. If you could spill everything you have without that qualifer, that'd be great.
bro, i said i've been skimming stuff.

just because i don't have a list of reads doesn't mean i haven't read at least a few parts of the thread
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:33 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:32 pm

I still trust your voice and want to hear it. What have you got? What would you like to read?
i don’t know. i might do some reading during work later but that will be after the lunch. maybe a flip will help inform who we should look at more closely
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:33 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:33 pm
Hi
When the game gets smaller and I'm mech cleared thats my time to shine baby
i really hope you can actually clear yourself. that would be great
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:34 pm

I'm a wolf
okay. we can kill you
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:30 pm you may think i'm scum but your last 10 posts towards me were based entirely on assumptions that i'm wolf and you're making stuff up to believe it
What have I made up?
everything

but rn, you're probably thinking that because i know about the roles and not the entire other things that i'm somehow a wolf for it
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:36 pm bro, i said i've been skimming stuff.

just because i don't have a list of reads doesn't mean i haven't read at least a few parts of the thread
Well what else do you have?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:37 pm

I'm a wolf
okay. we can kill you
actually you can't
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:37 pm
What have I made up?
everything

but rn, you're probably thinking that because i know about the roles and not the entire other things that i'm somehow a wolf for it
I am still making nothing up. I still simply do not believe the version of events you are putting into the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

if that isn't #tunnel city, then idk what is

idek what you're doing - whenever i'm in thread you are painting me wolfy when i'm gonna get flipped and not letting me do anything

gj for doing wolves work and providing them with easy votes on me, what can i say
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

we get it bro, you think i'm a wolf

let me do my thang
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

But ted is correct that I am treating him as though he is a wolf. Meh. I am being genuine when I ask him to share whatever thoughts that he has. It is pointless for each of us to continue bickering about how much I should or should not believe him. I care much, much more about hearing what he has to say about other players than himself.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:39 pm we get it bro, you think i'm a wolf

let me do my thang
that is all i am asking for.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:38 pm gj for doing wolves work and providing them with easy votes on me, what can i say
I actually feel like my read on you is being roundly ignored, and most of those votes were there before I said a word about you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Post by fingersplints »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:17 pm Have you talked with LC about this read on him already? I believe the two of you were talking about something when I was waking up this morning, but I didn't focus much on it because sleepbrain. I suppose I'll go look at that.

I'm going to point out something that is probably obvious to you already: none of these suspicions are very firm. The TSP is probably the most concrete. But in general I would take this to mean that you are not feeling overly confident about your reads on a number of players in the game. Are there any folks in particular that you are having trouble getting a read on one way or another?
I have not addressed my suspicion of LC directly to him. I’ve been questioning him when I found it applicable to help me better figure it out. We’re in the “light questioning” stage.

I’ve been very forthcoming that for better or worse, I have been very focused on tsp and that a lot of my thoughts have been secondary to that. I’m hoping to feel really vindicated when my tunnel vision pays off. I’m going to cry if I am wrong and feel very stupid, but I don’t think I am.

Folks I don’t have much of a read on right now: Michele, spf, jpic, and KZA. I don’t remember what my previous reads have been on them, but right now I’m not feeling strongly either way. While some may be for weak reasoning, everyone else I have a lean one way or the other
Gro-oo-ovy
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Esooa wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:38 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:37 pm

I'm a wolf
okay. we can kill you
actually you can't
:fist:
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:39 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:39 pm we get it bro, you think i'm a wolf

let me do my thang
that is all i am asking for.
what

i've made probably around 3 posts in the thread and then you come in with this post

you serious?
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[VOTE: tony] aubergine

#letitrand
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:40 pm
tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:38 pm gj for doing wolves work and providing them with easy votes on me, what can i say
I actually feel like my read on you is being roundly ignored, and most of those votes were there before I said a word about you.
as in you don't allow me to do work that would otherwise have a chance of changing people's votes

and you keep me in constant defence mode

grats
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i hope you'll feel absolutely amazing after my flip, most of my content today was only addressing your tunnel that you probably won't even shift from

and you keep asking me questions like you want your mind changed / it's gonna change
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:43 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:40 pm
as in you don't allow me to do work that would otherwise have a chance of changing people's votes

and you keep me in constant defence mode

grats
Ted please share your thoughts about players not named tedxtr or sloonei.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ted you can just ignore him. it’s really not difficult. i find it hard to believe that if sloonei didn’t make that post to you you would currently be pumping out solving. stop with this nonsense please. you clearly don’t want to do anything and that’s on you, not anyone else
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:45 pm ted you can just ignore him. it’s really not difficult. i find it hard to believe that if sloonei didn’t make that post to you you would currently be pumping out solving. stop with this nonsense please. you clearly don’t want to do anything and that’s on you, not anyone else
i was literally posting stuff and got interrupted in the middle of it with a big ass shade
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Everyone give ted some space to post thoughts that are unrelated to me or the arguments against him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Please
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:46 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 1:45 pm ted you can just ignore him. it’s really not difficult. i find it hard to believe that if sloonei didn’t make that post to you you would currently be pumping out solving. stop with this nonsense please. you clearly don’t want to do anything and that’s on you, not anyone else
i was literally posting stuff and got interrupted in the middle of it with a big ass shade
you were hardly saying anything. c’mon
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 220

Post by fingersplints »

@Sloonei in case something like this is where the conversation is going next :)

1. Falcon
2. Tedextr
3. Nanook
4. Odd
5. Sloonei
6. Esooa
7. Strawhenge
9. Staypositivefriend
10. KZA
12. Dom
14. TSP
15. Long Con
17. Tutuu -- Hally
18. JPIC
19. Michelle
20. Alison
21. BoKnows
22. Al Sama

I guess you could say Dom would be coloured neutral, as he’s given nothing. But as I believe I’ve said, I’m keeping him in the PoE so I don’t forget about him. The other neutrals are all posting so I know I won’t forget about them and can work out my feelings on them later
Gro-oo-ovy
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

remind me why nanook is town, @fingersplints
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Re: Fargo Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by tedxtr »

Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:48 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:42 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:41 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:39 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 10:37 am My first instinct is that Long Con is doing that incredulous town thing where you dismiss an idea that sounds unlikely on the surface even if it really isn't farfetched. I probably won't take that read anywhere though, because it's tiny and weak. Long Con told me not to force it. :grin:
I'm not clear - what idea am I dismissing?
The notion that two mafia would act as the only two votes for the same player halfway through Day 1. I would find that rather unremarkable.
I'm not dismissing that. You asked me for a reason why two mafia might want to NOT vote the same person. I came up with one and told you that the point isn't relevant.
I'm referring to your initial response to Oddmerta's gripe. Whatever though, I don't view this dialogue as being especially informative.
Would you like it to be? I can explain my point again, since you missed it.

My point is that Oddmerta is using the fact that I voted alongside someone that Odd suspects, as evidence that I'm bad.

I don't think that's genuine logic. Two scum CAN vote together, but is such a thing SO LIKELY that you form a suspicion on one player merely because that player voted alongside another? Of course not, that is not logical at all. Furthermore, Oddmerta fluffed it off and didn't confront or clarify that accusation, which looks bad.
so, this isn't w/w at the very least

I also think it makes no sense - like yeah, the argument is pretty weird, but is it that wolfy that you get hung up on it like this?

it feels pretty lawyer-y and robotic in its' presentation. "it could be this, but is such a thing THAT LIKELY that he'd believe it?" which doesn't really make a lot of sense to me.

i can sort of see what he means but i think the delivery is a bit bad, maybe

and besides, look at what i've coloured

i don't see why he's so hung up on this, once again
ImageImageImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 387

Post by Justplayingitcool »

Good evening