Anyways I'm out for a bit ill be on later and probably for eod

Jules is off for awhile too but might be back before me, not sure
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 658
Aka: JPIC, TSP

Re: Modern Family Hydra Mafia [Day 1]

Post by TonyStarkPlaysItCool »

Julinook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm Maybe this makes them mafia for trying to fake clear

Idk my head hurts ill figure it out later, for now they're schrodingers alignment, either lock town or outed mafia
wut
Timsup2gettinserious
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 281
Aka: Hyena / Syn

Post by Timsup2gettinserious »

trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm actually can people give me general thoughts on tspic real quick

i'm still revisiting old posts atm

~azumarill
uninspiring and invisible
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 594
Aka: Alison + nutella

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

i did like tsp's read of made but alison has been trying to convince me mana is scum
trans rights
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 765
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: mistyx + vanity

Post by trans rights »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:12 pm
Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:05 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:04 pm @Akemi Hazelnut

Hey Nutella, remember that last time I got chainsawed all game by a tagteam and had the solve but no one listened to me so we lost to Vanity?

Well, admittedly you got N1Ked there so maybe you don't...
.....your point?

i really miss oatsmaster btw super fun player
Kinda hoping the reminder would get you to take a look at what's been going on here. Trans Rights and Blooy and Flooy have both just ignored all questions about their motives and have reached the point in their chainsaw where they are openly saying "not answering your questions about their motives is towny" for each other. I have Nanook calling me toxic for pointing this out for what I think it very obviously is, so I'ma move on...but if they manage to push me over I want someone who understands what I'm talking anout to be able to look back at it.

And for the record, despite the people who fretted about the "toxicity" in that game I too like Oatsmaster and if it weren't for covid we'd probably have met for dinner or something, and I played a very happy game with Holyflare since then too. But sure. Toxic.
i'm not trying to dodge questions for the record but it's possible i missed it

once i'm finished with catch-up i'll take a look at what it could've been
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:00 pm
trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm actually can people give me general thoughts on tspic real quick

i'm still revisiting old posts atm

~azumarill
uninspiring and invisible
:shrug2:
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:03 pm i did like tsp's read of made but alison has been trying to convince me mana is scum
I also think Mana is possibly scum. they made one post that was ok but didn't leave me particularly inspired.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

i mean it should be telling that i missed poop explosions case on me, and when he told me he already made one when i pressed him on his read on me, he told me he already made on, and i looked for it and addressed it. sometimes it's that simple and that's not wolfy! it's just you can't always address everything in a mafia game. admittedly i am suspicious of two and through's lack of vigor wrt poop explosion's case on me given they should've known that they were voting me, but it's possible they missed it too! i'm trying to look at the game through multiple different lenses here.
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 169
Preferred Pronouns: wolf/wolves/wolfy
Aka: TimsUp2Nothin & Hollowkatt

Post by TwoAndThrough »

trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:55 pm okay let me go over my thought process regarding that real quick

i thought that when two and through voted me that they voted me partially for an "unconfidence" read that was similar to poop explosions where he thought my posts didn't actually indicate a strong wolf read on two and through. because they said they never actually read poop explosions' case on me, that immediately stood out to me as potentially disingenuous on the behalf of two and through. but i rechecked that and that wasn't really why they voted us so there's no problem there

regardless they're still putting "confident" in quotation marks and that still kinda peeves me. like if poop explosions starts hard pushing the person you think is a wolf, the fact that two and through didn't actually read that case themselves is still odd to me
I have my own case. I don't really care about a Mac "case" because Mac cases are generally a feelie and a conf bias.

My case on you is that you attacked me over some thing I did, and even though there is an obvious possible town motivation for me to do that thing you just don't care. Then you yourself made a pretty accurate read on the reality that I am probably just not a wolf (I acknowledge that there were at the time enough inactive players that I could still be on a very limited selection of wolf teams) and you still don't seem like you care. From where I sit you have zero interest in actually solving my slot.

Zero.

That's not solvey. That's not towny. That's agenda.

Now, it is entirely possible that you just want me and HK gone because we play as "toxic asshats" or something. If so, just say so. We won't take it personal (and honestly if after the game you wanna say that you think we ARE just toxic asshats get that out in the air so we can deal with that). But if that's where you are at just say so.

And obviously if you are just woofin' here, carry on with the chainsawing, you are doing fine and I love good wolfing even when I am the target.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

i def expect more like snapreads and shit from town made
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Timsup2gettinserious wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:56 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:47 pm
Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:39 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:38 pm Speaking of bad reads, I almost spit out my coffee when I saw "it was towny how Trans Rights nade that read on how the threadstate doesn't support T&T being a wolf." YES!!! That was in fact a very good threadstate read, because it's pretty obvious I have no team here...I'm stuck with town who are pretty universally playing by lame feelie reads and clueless instead of having a pack...but notice how they made this good read they are getting towncred for and NEVER MOVED THEIR VOTE. I cannot believe I have to point this out. Oh wait, I ALREADY HAVE pointed it out, repeatedly.
you're once again misrepresenting what they actually said
What who said?

Trans Rights made that thread state read. There's no "misrepresentling" that. It was a very accurate read too. I think it was the main thing that dissipated the wagon on me, although I'd guess that the voters that moved on mostly didn't really understand it, they just "had a rumbly gut that told them" or some other daft "feeling" about it.

There is also no "misrepresenting" that their vote hasn't moved. I might be misrepresenting that that is wolfy AF, because this is a hydra game so it might not be wolfy at all, it could just be internal disagreement. For all I know one head is wanting to stay on me because feelies and is mad at the other head for posting such a good read.
the only reason I'm not voting for you still is because hyena controls the vote
Wise choice by your team tbh.
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

hot take: im starting to lean town on t&t
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Julinook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:59 pm Maybe this makes them mafia for trying to fake clear

Idk my head hurts ill figure it out later, for now they're schrodingers alignment, either lock town or outed mafia
LOL...this is the cleverest way to say "wtf? guess null for now" that I have seen lately.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm
trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:55 pm okay let me go over my thought process regarding that real quick

i thought that when two and through voted me that they voted me partially for an "unconfidence" read that was similar to poop explosions where he thought my posts didn't actually indicate a strong wolf read on two and through. because they said they never actually read poop explosions' case on me, that immediately stood out to me as potentially disingenuous on the behalf of two and through. but i rechecked that and that wasn't really why they voted us so there's no problem there

regardless they're still putting "confident" in quotation marks and that still kinda peeves me. like if poop explosions starts hard pushing the person you think is a wolf, the fact that two and through didn't actually read that case themselves is still odd to me
I have my own case. I don't really care about a Mac "case" because Mac cases are generally a feelie and a conf bias.

My case on you is that you attacked me over some thing I did, and even though there is an obvious possible town motivation for me to do that thing you just don't care. Then you yourself made a pretty accurate read on the reality that I am probably just not a wolf (I acknowledge that there were at the time enough inactive players that I could still be on a very limited selection of wolf teams) and you still don't seem like you care. From where I sit you have zero interest in actually solving my slot.

Zero.

Now, it is entirely possible that you just want me and HK gone because we play as "toxic asshats" or something. If so, just say so. We won't take it personal (and honestly if after the game you wanna say that you think we ARE just toxic asshats get that out in the air so we can deal with that). But if that's where you are at just say so.

And obviously if you are just woofin' here, carry on with the chainsawing, you are doing fine and I love good wolfing even when I am the target.
okay look. in a game state sense, there are possibilities where you could still be a wolf here, and my post that you're referring to clearly indicates that if you read more than the first sentence. the fact that a lot of the game has been hard pushing on you doesn't mean you're not a wolf. you're asserting that you don't have a team, and i don't think that's true at all. the only people i really think aren't w/w with you is julinook and toopy. in fact, you've had 3 votes for a while by now, and it's only me/mana/bottom text! the votes have been shuffling my friend.

regarding the point of that meta thing that i'm ignoring, quite frankly meta is irrelevant to me in this scenario. i just spent the entirety of cov essentially meta reading tim (but it was also a player archetype read, which isn't necessarily meta), and i was wrong. you're also suggesting that tim's meta is something that i don't perceive it to be. hollow, you probably are more familiar with tim's meta, that i'll admit. the problem is is there's literally no reason for me to trust that meta read. even akemi clearly stated that they don't think tim not being helpful on d1 is accurate for tim's meta.

also that wasn't mac's case, it was c4. you also would've been able to tell if you followed along with the exchange between me and poop explosions. i don't even know if mac has posted a lot this game, and your reasoning for ignoring it seems bad to me. isn't solidarity valuable?
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm i mean it should be telling that i missed poop explosions case on me, and when he told me he already made one when i pressed him on his read on me, he told me he already made on, and i looked for it and addressed it. sometimes it's that simple and that's not wolfy! it's just you can't always address everything in a mafia game. admittedly i am suspicious of two and through's lack of vigor wrt poop explosion's case on me given they should've known that they were voting me, but it's possible they missed it too! i'm trying to look at the game through multiple different lenses here.
Why would I care about their reasons for voting with me? I'm much more interested in people who aren't voting with me. If Mac and Chessguy had enough of a case to vote on you, good on them. If I looked at their case it was certainly going to look good to me. And even though it surely would look good, I wouldn't steal it and try to push you with it since I had my own case to push you with. I knew they voted, because I certainly pay attention to that, but beyond that they didn't really matter until they unvoted.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

hi friends

~togekiss
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

so does anyone wanna talk about both heads of BT seemingly not realizing chloe wasn’t playing anymore

despite the fact that it was discussed in-thread earlier

~mawile
Bottom Text
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 711
Preferred Pronouns: any + she/her
Aka: katze/Esooa

Post by Bottom Text »

Bottom Text wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:46 pm I think our slot is being wolf read cause there are no notable fol people so katze has nothing to talk about tbh

where is chloe to get in an a 2 hour long discussion about katzes and Chloes meta when you need her

this isn't serious btw
Bottom Text wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:27 pm mech got haru killed
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:25 pm so does anyone wanna talk about both heads of BT seemingly not realizing chloe wasn’t playing anymore

~mawile
i wasnt sure if that was just like a joke from katze tbh lol

most things are
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Bottom Text wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:27 pm
Bottom Text wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 7:46 pm I think our slot is being wolf read cause there are no notable fol people so katze has nothing to talk about tbh

where is chloe to get in an a 2 hour long discussion about katzes and Chloes meta when you need her

this isn't serious btw
but like the part where you asked me about katze meta or whatever
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

and yes i know it was katze posting then too
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:25 pm so does anyone wanna talk about both heads of BT seemingly not realizing chloe wasn’t playing anymore

~mawile
i knew she wasn't playing

i just figured that there was pregame discussion, knowing her
The Walrus
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 22
Aka: fingersplints & Roxy

Post by The Walrus »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:58 pm
TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:57 pm
Julinook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:56 pm Wait actually

Hasn't tsp hydraed before
this is jpic
right but hes assuming tsp wouldve dmed you stuff by now

but tbh im not sure tsp ever has either
We have both never played hydra before and just assumed you could talk to your partner. :shrug2:
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

okay if there is one thing that's annoying me about toopy & binoo it's all the arbitrary percentages. like even the decimals. bruh moment
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Zero.

okay look. in a game state sense, there are possibilities where you could still be a wolf here, and my post that you're referring to clearly indicates that if you read more than the first sentence. the fact that a lot of the game has been hard pushing on you doesn't mean you're not a wolf. you're asserting that you don't have a team, and i don't think that's true at all. the only people i really think aren't w/w with you is julinook and toopy. in fact, you've had 3 votes for a while by now, and it's only me/mana/bottom text! the votes have been shuffling my friend.

regarding the point of that meta thing that i'm ignoring, quite frankly meta is irrelevant to me in this scenario. i just spent the entirety of cov essentially meta reading tim (but it was also a player archetype read, which isn't necessarily meta), and i was wrong. you're also suggesting that tim's meta is something that i don't perceive it to be. hollow, you probably are more familiar with tim's meta, that i'll admit. the problem is is there's literally no reason for me to trust that meta read. even akemi clearly stated that they don't think tim not being helpful on d1 is accurate for tim's meta.

also that wasn't mac's case, it was c4. you also would've been able to tell if you followed along with the exchange between me and poop explosions. i don't even know if mac has posted a lot this game, and your reasoning for ignoring it seems bad to me. isn't solidarity valuable?
I never suggested that you make a meta read. I pointed out a possible town reasoning for what I was doing that you wolf read me for. More than a few other people said "okay, yeah, that reasoning could come from a town, that action is not lock in wolf." Some of those people did go so far as to add a meta read of "yeah, not only is that a possible line of reasoning why a town might do that, it is a line of reasoning that could be expected from townTim," but I am not concerned that you aren't following the meta (in fact I respect that). My concern is that you are ignoring, apparently willfully, the reasoning itself.

You start with:

Tim did X=Tim is a wolf

People say "town might do X, here is a reason a town might have for doing X, Tim as town has actually done X before because that reason is the kind of reasoning he typically follows...so sure he could be a wolf but he can be town."

And after all of that your response is:

Tim did X=Tim is a wolf

You make no progression. You never address what is said. You just stick to your guns. Town can be stubborn, sure, but wolves can also cling to a hoped for mischop.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Bottom Text wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:29 pm

~mawile

idk why you would think that lol we only got as far as picking a hydra name and then she had to back out of playing

you really think she'd care enough to give me a rundown of your meta before the game randed
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

The Walrus wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:30 pm
Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:58 pm
TonyStarkPlaysItCool wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:57 pm
Julinook wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:56 pm Wait actually

Hasn't tsp hydraed before
this is jpic
right but hes assuming tsp wouldve dmed you stuff by now

but tbh im not sure tsp ever has either
We have both never played hydra before and just assumed you could talk to your partner. :shrug2:
:shrug2:

Good for you
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

Akemi Hazelnut wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:31 pm
Bottom Text wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:29 pm

~mawile

idk why you would think that lol we only got as far as picking a hydra name and then she had to back out of playing

you really think she'd care enough to give me a rundown of your meta before the game randed
i think it's likely enough to ask you about it despite knowing she wasn't playing, yes
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Katze isn't playing?
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:31 pm okay if there is one thing that's annoying me about toopy & binoo it's all the arbitrary percentages. like even the decimals. bruh moment
lmfao I fuckign love this post
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:33 pm Katze isn't playing?
every post up until now is esooa but im here and katze hi did you miss me
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

Bottom Text wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:34 pm
bitch
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

hi im hally
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

in brief, there's always one slot in every team game that overplays the "lol my teammates are all over the place lol" card and Bottom Text fits the bill perfectly here, especially with her earlier posts.
Akemi Hazelnut
Hydra Account

Post by Akemi Hazelnut »

Bottom Text wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:37 pm in brief, there's always one slot in every team game that overplays the "lol my teammates are all over the place lol" card and Bottom Text fits the bill perfectly here, especially with her earlier posts.
hmmyes
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Well Katze and Esooa are two of my favorites, so yes I would miss either of you...which is not to say I could necessarily tell you apart or couldn't be fooled by one. the other, or both.
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

(no i wont)
TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:40 pm
Well Katze and Esooa are two of my favorites, so yes I would miss either of you...which is not to say I could necessarily tell you apart or couldn't be fooled by one. the other, or both.
alright well im pocketed
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:40 pm
I'm my favorite too
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:31 pm Okay, Akemi Hazelnut is either town or mafia Alison has said "we need to be townread, Nutella get out there and share all these horrifically bad reads you have."
you're still fluffposting.

what is this trying to accomplish?

answer: it doesn't accomplish anything.
Timsup2gettinserious
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 281
Aka: Hyena / Syn

Post by Timsup2gettinserious »

Hyena is my favorite. :3
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:49 pm
TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:31 pm Okay, Akemi Hazelnut is either town or mafia Alison has said "we need to be townread, Nutella get out there and share all these horrifically bad reads you have."

It was a town read on Nutella, with a slight hedging out of respect for Alison. It was NOT fluffposting.
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

Possibly telling Esooa and Katze that they are among my favorites was fluffposting.
TonyStarkPlaysItCool
Hydra Account

im assuming the last few posts is from Tim. Im buying into the villagery rage from them at the moment.
Bottom Text
Hydra Account

Post by Bottom Text »

its tim because hkatt wouldn't call me their favorite he hates me lol
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:31 pm
trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:17 pm

Zero.

I never suggested that you make a meta read. I pointed out a possible town reasoning for what I was doing that you wolf read me for. More than a few other people said "okay, yeah, that reasoning could come from a town, that action is not lock in wolf." Some of those people did go so far as to add a meta read of "yeah, not only is that a possible line of reasoning why a town might do that, it is a line of reasoning that could be expected from townTim," but I am not concerned that you aren't following the meta (in fact I respect that). My concern is that you are ignoring, apparently willfully, the reasoning itself.

You start with:

Tim did X=Tim is a wolf

People say "town might do X, here is a reason a town might have for doing X, Tim as town has actually done X before because that reason is the kind of reasoning he typically follows...so sure he could be a wolf but he can be town."

And after all of that your response is:

Tim did X=Tim is a wolf

You make no progression. You never address what is said. You just stick to your guns. Town can be stubborn, sure, but wolves can also cling to a hoped for mischop.
what progression is there to make note of wrt my read on you? afaik i disliked how you fluffposted in early game, and all of your defense has lackluster and your approach to this game is not what i think a villager would do.

in fact, i'll summarize my progression on you neatly.

two and through are fluffposting in rvs stage. not a great look but not an immediate concern

to

two and through are STILL fluffposting. okay we're close to exiting rvs period at this point, this is worthy of a vote

to

two and through have been the lead wagon all day for the most part. that's a bit eyebrow raising but it's not enough for me to unvote by itself.

to

votes are shifting elsewhere. not sure why. two and through's posts still look bad.

if it doesn't seem like a progression, then that doesn't matter to me. i think you've been wolfy all day and the result of that is that i've been voting you all day.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

TwoAndThrough wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:53 pm
trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:49 pm

It was a town read on Nutella, with a slight hedging out of respect for Alison. It was NOT fluffposting.
that is not clearly a townread my friend, or at the very least it wasn't phrased like one. the post is useless as far as getting your thoughts out to the thread clearly is concerned.
trans rights
Hydra Account

Post by trans rights »

there's a difference between what you wrote and "i think nutella's reads are bad but she's probably a villager. if i'm wrong, it's because of alison potentially strategizing in wolf chat"

the latter is significantly more useful and villagery than the former.
TwoAndThrough
Hydra Account

Post by TwoAndThrough »

trans rights wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:04 pm there's a difference between what you wrote and "i think nutella's reads are bad but she's probably a villager. if i'm wrong, it's because of alison potentially strategizing in wolf chat"

the latter is significantly more useful and villagery than the former.
we have a language barrier

ya hate to see it

of course it's to be expected when you are speaking in wolf

meanwhile...you are going with "fluff posted during RVS" as the foundation of your case? seriously?

I respect the refusal to use meta, but seriously, ask around, I fluffpost in RVS.

Now HERE is a newsflash: I am not the only one.

As to the contention that I just kept on fluff posting...I was maybe the only one that DIDN'T. I pointed out an actual fact. Throwing that grenade into the murky water of feelie reads and bullshit is the only thing that has produced any meaningful discussions still. I have zero regrets about throwing that grenade.
Toopy and Binoo
Hydra Account
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: They/them Spak/Gavial

Post by Toopy and Binoo »

Bottom Text wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:05 pm good morning

this is my first time posting, katze has done all of it up until now, whats up
Doubt

Return to “Previous Rackets”