Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Game Over- Mafia win)

Moderator: Community Team

Hoo?

Poll ended at Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 pm

Syn
No votes
Dizzy
25%
HK
No votes
Joe (spec dead etc.)
75%

Total votes: 8
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Re: Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Day 3)

Post by hollowkatt »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:44 pm I think by some margin HK is the most likely wolf but I think his response to me today was pretty towny
So you think my invictius suspicion/push on D1 was a bus.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

I don't think it's ever Syn or Dizzy, obvs not Marmot, and think if it's SPF probably JJJ doesn't play the way he does, maybe?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 124
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:50 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:44 pm I think by some margin HK is the most likely wolf but I think his response to me today was pretty towny
So you think my invictius suspicion/push on D1 was a bus.
it's a huge hurdle for my read but yes
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

can we quick tlak about dizzy
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:53 pm can we quick tlak about dizzy
sure, what's up?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Why is dizzy town
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:00 pm Why is dizzy town
I remember a game with Dizzy on MU where he was a wolf. Every time I tried to press him on something he was evasive, he wouldn't answer direct questions, he'd dance around things, and he left lots of wiggle room in his interpretations of how he was seeing the thread.
He was hard to pin down on anything and his pushes weren't very forceful, they were designed to obfuscate and confuse.
Here he's not doing any of that. He's pretty blatant with how he sees things and he's totally willing to engage with people directly. I think I said to Syn yesterday that he's playing a shirtsleeves game where he's been pretty transparent with his thoughts and his thread perceptions.

I don't doubt that Dizzy is a great player, but if he's stepped up his wolf game to that kind of level he's a whole different player I think.
His last couple of posts today where he's town reading LC are indicative of this type of play/analysis. Like dude has just done work trying to figure things out.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Do you agree or disagree with that assessment?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It's probably just TSP. This feels like AIM all over again where he couldn't find the means to suspect anyone else and that was his undoing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:06 pm
I remember a game with Dizzy on MU where he was a wolf. Every time I tried to press him on something he was evasive, he wouldn't answer direct questions, he'd dance around things, and he left lots of wiggle room in his interpretations of how he was seeing the thread.
He was hard to pin down on anything and his pushes weren't very forceful, they were designed to obfuscate and confuse.
Here he's not doing any of that. He's pretty blatant with how he sees things and he's totally willing to engage with people directly. I think I said to Syn yesterday that he's playing a shirtsleeves game where he's been pretty transparent with his thoughts and his thread perceptions.

I don't doubt that Dizzy is a great player, but if he's stepped up his wolf game to that kind of level he's a whole different player I think.
His last couple of posts today where he's town reading LC are indicative of this type of play/analysis. Like dude has just done work trying to figure things out.

He also strongly encouraged me to shoot JJJ last night, but it's possible I guess that he just bought into the idea that I was sold on shooting SPF.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:28 pm what can i do to convince you that im town with the time that we have left, marmot? i'm hopeful that TSP is the remaining scum, but i'm not exactly optimistic that this game is as easy as it appears on a surface level, nor do i think the people in this game are particularly well equipped to win in the event that the scum is not exactly in TSP/me
I think we'll be fine, i haven't even started playing seriously yet
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:49 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:06 pm

He also strongly encouraged me to shoot JJJ last night, but it's possible I guess that he just bought into the idea that I was sold on shooting SPF.
maybe dizzy thinks he's deep enough to carry should you shoot JJJ, but if that's the case I'd also expect him to be crowing about that today just to remind us he advocated for that shot
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:50 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:28 pm what can i do to convince you that im town with the time that we have left, marmot? i'm hopeful that TSP is the remaining scum, but i'm not exactly optimistic that this game is as easy as it appears on a surface level, nor do i think the people in this game are particularly well equipped to win in the event that the scum is not exactly in TSP/me
are you planning to?
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws

hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:53 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:50 pm
are you planning to?
Yeah if the game hasn't ended tomorrow
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:45 pm It's probably just TSP. This feels like AIM all over again where he couldn't find the means to suspect anyone else and that was his undoing.
yeah but 1) Mac and 2) exam week, neither of which are currently true
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

There are also “who carries the kill over invictus” soft clears but I don’t know if anyone but HK and maybe Dizzy still fits in that spot

Probably not back before eod. Hopefully will come back to postgame
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 1:53 pm can we quick tlak about dizzy
Yes, we can. :beer:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I mean, maybe you should investigate that yourself? It's certainly possible to figure out from this game. Invictius literally followed me around like a dog (and vice versa tbh). I nailed Alison/JJJ for a good reason that I wanted others to pay attention to. JJJ tried to talk me out of it and was bothered.com. I'm solving, playing my town game. I'm not trying to stop the cogs in the machine. Things doesn't feel catastrophical and hopeless.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:06 pmI remember a game with Dizzy on MU where he was a wolf. Every time I tried to press him on something he was evasive, he wouldn't answer direct questions, he'd dance around things, and he left lots of wiggle room in his interpretations of how he was seeing the thread.

Well, you're lucky that I do have direction this game. After the Invictius flip the game broke open and it was easier to solve. Sometimes when I'm town, I'm also a big ball of confuse =p But I'm better once there is a scum flip.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 132
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

what does your POE look like, dizzy?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:49 pmHe also strongly encouraged me to shoot JJJ last night, but it's possible I guess that he just bought into the idea that I was sold on shooting SPF.
I just really believed in my scum read on Alison. I'm also pretty damn pleased with the reasoning I laid out for it, even though literally nobody but Jimmay comment on it or seemed to even get it. But it was pretty clear cut to me. Whether I influenced you or not, I'm happy you made that shot. Inb4 it is actually spf and it didn't really matter anyway.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:34 pm what does your POE look like, dizzy?
Tony.

Check Nanook's derps.

Marmot says it's you, but I'm pretty sure you were the first to town read Incivtius. So only way you'd be scum then is if you all decided that you were going to town read each other from the get go and carry each other. Which is possible, but also not something most scum teams do. So I'm not very hopeful it's you tbh.

Syn just seems town. Invictius was shading Koba. Town.

LC should be town. Actually his answers to me lately has given me a bit creepy buddy feels, but that is probably just paranoia. He should be town based on Invictius being so ok with him dead.

Hollow is town. His reasoning for town reading me is spot on. Fighting with Invictius. Def town.

Honestly, it should just be Tony. I haven't had time to play this game at all lately. Literally was at work 12 hours today. So I haven't "done work" with this game in a while.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:34 pm what does your POE look like, dizzy?
Do you suspect me or something? I feel like you have good opportunity to find my alignment in this game.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:27 pmdyslexicon: i feel like i should townread dizzy more than i do - i think that most of my concern w/him stems from a place of paranoia and from a place of knowing that he is capable of playing a solid wolf game. dizzy has played this game in the exact way that i would play it if i was a wolf in this setup - he heavily distanced from the alison slot while (attempting to) prop up the invicitus slot as a villager, and taking that approach as a wolf would simply be smart scum strategy. as such, i find it difficult to feel comfortable clearing dizzy based solely on the logic of: "he hardpushed on alison", but i do feel that occam's razor points to his slot being a villager. his posts throughout the entirety of d1 were very villagery and i like that he continually hounded me (and others) to share our takes on alison as well

dizzy is a townlean, but he's my current favorite tinfoil if this game is not as easy as it appears

nanook: i'm of a couple different minds about nanook - i actually dont feel that any of his interactions with the flipped wolves are clearing, even though they generally reflect well on him. that said, i essentially had a soul townread on nanook throughout d1/d2, and that stemmed from the fact that he was one of the top posters in the game in spite of giving him plenty of slank cover to ignore the thread. nanook, as a wolf, had the perfect "out" to stop participating, but he chose to get into a fairly aggressive fight w/koba, he chose to publicly shade jagged for not analyzing him quickly enough, he has made choices that, in general, do not feel reminiscent of someone who is playing with a wolf mindset

my soul still says that nanook is town, but i don't feel that my logic that being the case is equally as strong. make of that what you will
Ok this. Regarding me: It's not that I did those things, it's how I did it. It should not be hard to read me and Invictius's interaction and understand that this is v/w. It's blatant pocketing. In fact, it's much how we work when we are in fact both town, and Invictius spent energy trying to make it seem that way to me. He straight up pocketed me and yes, I got fooled. I didn't think he'd be this calm as scum. My bad. It's also the way I went for Alison and how. I had an epiphany about it on D2 relating to how I didn't realise Invictius was Plat and how Alison reacted to that. And since nobody has brought that up (not even JJJ when he iso'd my interaction with Invictius - which was telling!), I'll just do it now - I didn't even know that Invictius was Plat (as I know him as). When asked if I knew him, I said no until I could recognise who he was. Sure, you can say wifom, but Occam's razor bishes. So you can read what the interaction entails and how they are, instead of say "that is how I would have played it, technically", cause that doesn't do much for you. It's actually pretty shady. Bad, spf, bad.

What do you think about Nanook's derps? Genuine or no?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Tony, spf, Nanook. Scum is here. Two of these are town though, so don't have a cow! (Lol, that expression)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

My reason for reading spf town may not be that impressive. She hasn't been that impressive. She flat out ignored my reasons for suspecting Alison and only focused on Marmot. It wasn't impressive.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 10:27 pmdyslexicon: i feel like i should townread dizzy more than i do - i think that most of my concern w/him stems from a place of paranoia and from a place of knowing that he is capable of playing a solid wolf game. dizzy has played this game in the exact way that i would play it if i was a wolf in this setup - he heavily distanced from the alison slot while (attempting to) prop up the invicitus slot as a villager, and taking that approach as a wolf would simply be smart scum strategy. as such, i find it difficult to feel comfortable clearing dizzy based solely on the logic of: "he hardpushed on alison", but i do feel that occam's razor points to his slot being a villager. his posts throughout the entirety of d1 were very villagery and i like that he continually hounded me (and others) to share our takes on alison as well

dizzy is a townlean, but he's my current favorite tinfoil if this game is not as easy as it appears

nanook: i'm of a couple different minds about nanook - i actually dont feel that any of his interactions with the flipped wolves are clearing, even though they generally reflect well on him. that said, i essentially had a soul townread on nanook throughout d1/d2, and that stemmed from the fact that he was one of the top posters in the game in spite of giving him plenty of slank cover to ignore the thread. nanook, as a wolf, had the perfect "out" to stop participating, but he chose to get into a fairly aggressive fight w/koba, he chose to publicly shade jagged for not analyzing him quickly enough, he has made choices that, in general, do not feel reminiscent of someone who is playing with a wolf mindset

my soul still says that nanook is town, but i don't feel that my logic that being the case is equally as strong. make of that what you will
Ok this. Regarding me: It's not that I did those things, it's how I did it. It should not be hard to read me and Invictius's interaction and understand that this is v/w. It's blatant pocketing. In fact, it's much how we work when we are in fact both town, and Invictius spent energy trying to make it seem that way to me. He straight up pocketed me and yes, I got fooled. I didn't think he'd be this calm as scum. My bad. It's also the way I went for Alison and how. I had an epiphany about it on D2 relating to how I didn't realise Invictius was Plat and how Alison reacted to that. And since nobody has brought that up (not even JJJ when he iso'd my interaction with Invictius - which was telling!), I'll just do it now - I didn't even know that Invictius was Plat (as I know him as). When asked if I knew him, I said no until I could recognise who he was. Sure, you can say wifom, but Occam's razor bishes. So you can read what the interaction entails and how they are, instead of say "that is how I would have played it, technically", cause that doesn't do much for you. It's actually pretty shady. Bad, spf, bad.

What do you think about Nanook's derps? Genuine or no?
all of the reasons that you listed in this post are the reason why i townread you, and why i feel that occam's razor points to you being a villager. i have simply lacked the underlying confidence that you are ~definitely~ a villager that many other players in this game have, and that is solely because i am aware that you have an extremely solid scum game, and i have not felt that you have been significantly towny within the last dayphase or so even though i think your d1 reflects well on you

im not calling you scum, but i am in the position of knowing that if TSP flips villager, there is ~definitely~ a deepwolf. there are a lot of solid reasons to townread everyone in this game besides TSP, so a TSP town world implies a world where you would need to be scrutinized more carefully - i think that you are more likely town than not, but i also think that you will need to really kick your solving/effort into gear to townclear yourself if the game goes on after me and TSP's death

i believe that nanook's derps were genuine. i soulread him as a villager even though most of the reasons are tonal
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:55 pm My reason for reading spf town may not be that impressive. She hasn't been that impressive. She flat out ignored my reasons for suspecting Alison and only focused on Marmot. It wasn't impressive.
don't know if i would call it "ignoring" per se - there was already consensus suspicion against alison and quite literally every player in this game was worried about her slot. i didn't feel the need to participate in conversations discussing my personal read on her when i knew that her slot was dead regardless of my input, and regardless of how valid or invalid your point was

so when i put it that way, i suppose i did ~ignore~ your point against her, but it was because i already perceived her slot as 100% doomed
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@TonyStarkPrime Why did you vote Alison on D1 really? You didn't really talk much about her before you voted, or argued for why she should be voted.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:05 pmall of the reasons that you listed in this post are the reason why i townread you, and why i feel that occam's razor points to you being a villager. i have simply lacked the underlying confidence that you are ~definitely~ a villager that many other players in this game have, and that is solely because i am aware that you have an extremely solid scum game, and i have not felt that you have been significantly towny within the last dayphase or so even though i think your d1 reflects well on you

im not calling you scum, but i am in the position of knowing that if TSP flips villager, there is ~definitely~ a deepwolf. there are a lot of solid reasons to townread everyone in this game besides TSP, so a TSP town world implies a world where you would need to be scrutinized more carefully - i think that you are more likely town than not, but i also think that you will need to really kick your solving/effort into gear to townclear yourself if the game goes on after me and TSP's death

i believe that nanook's derps were genuine. i soulread him as a villager even though most of the reasons are tonal
Alright, fair enough. But also booo. I'd be pretty surprised to find both Tony and you to flip town. If so, of course solving must step up. Time wise, I'm screwed. That's also why I've been more lacklustre this day phase. Literally don't have the time to play hard now. That's just how it is.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:06 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:55 pm My reason for reading spf town may not be that impressive. She hasn't been that impressive. She flat out ignored my reasons for suspecting Alison and only focused on Marmot. It wasn't impressive.
don't know if i would call it "ignoring" per se - there was already consensus suspicion against alison and quite literally every player in this game was worried about her slot. i didn't feel the need to participate in conversations discussing my personal read on her when i knew that her slot was dead regardless of my input, and regardless of how valid or invalid your point was

so when i put it that way, i suppose i did ~ignore~ your point against her, but it was because i already perceived her slot as 100% doomed
But why were you not interested in my point at all? I spent time developing it and explaining it, and I directly asked for feedback. I find it kind of strange that you ignored it tbh. But everyone did. So maybe it was one of those things that made perfect sense to me which I fail to relay.

And also, ok, the slot is doomed. Is that good? If so, why not doom it more? And if it's doomed but you don't think it should be, why not defend? Idk. I didn't particularly care for you just not commenting.

Anyway. Tony may flip scum and then we good.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:12 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:06 pm

But why were you not interested in my point at all? I spent time developing it and explaining it, and I directly asked for feedback. I find it kind of strange that you ignored it tbh. But everyone did. So maybe it was one of those things that made perfect sense to me which I fail to relay.

And also, ok, the slot is doomed. Is that good? If so, why not doom it more? And if it's doomed but you don't think it should be, why not defend? Idk. I didn't particularly care for you just not commenting.

Anyway. Tony may flip scum and then we good.
honestly? i probably just wasn't in the mood - i recall that i was fairly grumpy throughout d2 and a little irked by the gamestate, and as such, i was less inclined to feel like engaging with other people, even though engaging with you would have probably helped create the gamestate that i wanted in the first place :P

i had the alison slot firmly in my POE and i only felt comfortable taking her out of it if jagged significantly towntold to me - i watched his analysis with a close eye yesterday to see if that would happen, and it never did. my overall thoughts on the slot were: "probably scum", but i was keeping my cards held close to my chest and seeing where his solving went naturally
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i would usually say that the apathy of this gamestate implies that the village is in a bad position, but i think the apathy here is more justifiable ​in light of two wolves being caught back to back and a playerlist full of people who generally feel villager

TSP might be the last wolf, and i'm hopeful that he is. but if he's not, and if i get shot tonight, then i would kindly ask everyone here to really kick things into gear and communicate and listen to one another as much as you can. this game is still winnable even in a world where me/TSP are villagers, but it's gonna take some elbow grease from the remaining rest of the town to figure things out
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:07 pm @TonyStarkPrime Why did you vote Alison on D1 really? You didn't really talk much about her before you voted, or argued for why she should be voted.
I dunno she was wolfy
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dizzy why you think that nanook is more wolfy than LC
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Now it’s correct
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

But the best reason to townread LC was something that has not yet been brought up
staypositivefriend
Hitman

who's the last wolf, TSP?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:23 pm Dizzy why you think that nanook is more wolfy than LC
I've explained my town read on LC well. I don't even know if I think that. They're probably both town. It's kind of silly to range people as more or less town when everyone but one is town. Less doubt, more pew pew.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:39 pm
Tony.

Check Nanook's derps.

Marmot says it's you, but I'm pretty sure you were the first to town read Incivtius. So only way you'd be scum then is if you all decided that you were going to town read each other from the get go and carry each other. Which is possible, but also not something most scum teams do. So I'm not very hopeful it's you tbh.

Syn just seems town. Invictius was shading Koba. Town.

LC should be town. Actually his answers to me lately has given me a bit creepy buddy feels, but that is probably just paranoia. He should be town based on Invictius being so ok with him dead.

Hollow is town. His reasoning for town reading me is spot on. Fighting with Invictius. Def town.

Honestly, it should just be Tony. I haven't had time to play this game at all lately. Literally was at work 12 hours today. So I haven't "done work" with this game in a while.

SPF didn't actually townread Alison, she mentioned a ping on Alison early, but walked it back in her next mention of her (not to a townread, but away from a scumread), then kept saying that she wanted to hear more from her silent slot.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Re: Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by Marmot »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:51 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:54 am
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:47 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:02 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:45 am The point is that Gavial is infamous for having insane troll logic and I think this is because he simply views the game in a very twisty and strange way that is far removed from everyone else's when he is town. His play this game seems much more orthodox and I believe this is a symptom of him trying to mimic "normal" townies.
if the assumption in this post is correct (that gavial's read on me was totally serious), then wouldn't you say that it's pretty unconventional/strange for him to have a confident scumread based on the first couple of posts on page 1? how would you say that those reads are "orthodox" or "sane"?

something might be getting lost in translation w/your read on gavial, because the only frame of reference i have for him is fargo mafia, where he was fairly normal (iirc)
i like this tho. somewhat cause the question makes sense, also somewhat because they're defending the person that voted them(i know it's an early day 1 vote that means nothing, but as scum it wouldn't be too hard to piggyback on either the accusation against gavial or against anyone that's been pressured thus far but SPF chooses to dig deeper for a read which ME LIKES).

SPF can have a slight town read.

that being said, do you find alison suspicious for coming to such strong conclusions early or is it a towny thing? based on her read of gavial im assuming meta isn't disregarded on this site!
alison having strong conclusions early is pretty typical for her as either alignment. i got pinged by her read initially because it had a train of thought that didn't seem totally fluid to me (ie: describing gavial's reads as "conventional" when his play up until that point had been anything but conventional), but i think it's fine in the context of alison having highly specific meta about gavial's playstyle, and in the context of her trying to provide content to a game that was almost entirely dead

SPF made this post with regard to Alison early on. She implied that she was pinged by a particular thing that Alison did, but then walked it back in the same post.

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:43 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:40 am We should also talk about how Alison is scum.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:07 am SPF is probably town. I like her town reads, I like all her thoughts, I like that she doesn't try to be flashy or project town too much. Good content without shoving it in our faceses.

Had a feeling Tony was town for his first post. Just seemed like something he said because he felt it necessary (from a town perspective), not because he felt he needed to say something (in which case maybe he would've felt the need to say more too). Maybe this is thin, but that's what I got.

I'm pretty ok with Invictus so far. But it's not like I feel I should trust him immediately, which I already have expressed.

---

Don't know about anybody else. Alison, I don't really see where she is coming from with her Gavial read. I also felt she could've waited in any case. I don't have a read on Alison, don't quite remember how I've felt in other games with her.
the first quote has a level of spiciness that is utterly let down by the second quote. why assertively call alison scum and then back off from that read before alison (or anyone, for that matter) had the opportunity to react?
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:01 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:10 pm Current quick takes.

Alison is town for pushing for activity.
Dizzy is town for reasonable reads and OMGUSing. Good luck surviving til Day 2 Dizzy.
I am town because my rolecard says so.
oof, i don't like this post. do you think that alison would not push to make the game more active as a wolf? would dizzy not have "reasonable reads" as a wolf? this feels like a fairly surface level analysis

We then have these couple posts where SPF interrogates other players based on their handling of Alison.

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:07 am im about to go to bed, but will be somewhat around before the deadline tomorrow. if u have any burning questions for me, i would ask them now
what do your current reads look like, SPF?
thanks for asking! i feel fairly strongly about fingersplints being a villager but it's more of a soulread than anything else - there is a level of sincerity/comfort in her posting that i find it difficult to believe that she would have as a wofl. my understanding is that dizzy has a very good wolf game, but i townread him as well - he has mindmelded with me at multiple points throughout the game with regards to our perspective and the stuff that we're interested in pursuing, and i like that he has an equally strong soulread on fingersplints

i still townlean invictius, even though i feel that his playstyle is one that i might be inclined to townread regardless of his alignment. i would GTH lean on nanook and koba being town - at least to the extent that i am not interested in chopping either of them today. i think that long con had exactly one (1) villagery post, so i'm not inspired by his wagon, but i'm not at a level where i feel comfortable defending or shielding him

i was lightly pinged by a couple of falcon's posts. i have been pinged by HK's posts too, but i'm holding my breath on that read because i think that HK has the capacity to make himself very obviously town if he actually is a villager. i have very little to say about alison, gavial, marmot, or tonystarkprime (i thought tsp's opening posts were villagery, but i need more for that to develop into a real townread.)

i wanted to explain these reads more, but i can barely keep my eyes open
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:57 pm my stance on long con has been that he made one villagery post toward the beginning of the game where he tinfoiled an alison/gavial team, and that i have been lukewarm about the rest of his posts. i think falcon is a preferential chop

Then in this one, we have a townlean of Invictius (ok sure, I also townread him a this point). But more interestingly is the "i have very little to say about alison".

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:57 pm my stance on long con has been that he made one villagery post toward the beginning of the game where he tinfoiled an alison/gavial team, and that i have been lukewarm about the rest of his posts. i think falcon is a preferential chop
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:28 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:26 pm I mean....
Vote the red check and then I die tonight and you maybe vote Alison for me in my place?
if you actually hold on to your claim, then sure

A couple more mentions of Alison. Not really about her, but more circumstantially talking to other people about her.

But this is where it gets more interesting.

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:22 pm well w/e, i don't care if this dude wants to fish my role out. i CC vig. i did not shoot last night

you can go into anti-spew now
You shoot Alison tonight?
I track PoE?
i'd like to give alison some more time to talk before i decide if she should be POE'd or not, but i'm fine with us settling on a shot by the end of the day
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:26 pm i retract btw, i just wanted to force him to out himself =)

Gavial suggests that SPF, the claimed vig at this point, shoot Alison tonight. SPF advocates to keep her alive to talk and rescinds the claim in one fell swoop.

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:39 pm knowing that gavial is a villager does make ma little more concerned about alison's push early push on him, but will withhold judgement on that front until i get to ISO her

Again here, SPF offers a little shade for Alison, but tries to protect her from the vig slot.

Addendum. There's little interest in resolving this slot at all, even at this point where they've been POE'd hard by the rest of the game. And she's even been attempting to protect her from the vig.

I believe that the Invcitus claim, SPF counterclaim was an attempt to get the vig role out in the open to talk about, and give SPF a little bit of cred for CCing providing cover. Also, in the event that SPF was a civilian and/or the actual vig, wouldn't Invictus at least try to get her yeeted instead? He gave up far to easily for me to think that's the case.

Yes this post is huge, but I'm gonna repost it again, because it's the reason that I suspect SPF, and would like other opinions on it.

Nanook I don't think actually suspects her, and has just kinda sheeped me here, so it feels like just a me thing right now.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:26 pm who's the last wolf, TSP?
I gave up
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i feel like i throgouhly debunked every element of that post to the extent that i dont understand how you could still reasonably have it as the foundation for your read

but im not going to change your mind in the next 10 minutes if ive been unable to change it over the last 48+ hours. i feel like i'm obviously town. i feel like i am spewed clear by invicitus in an undeniable way. if you don't see it, then w/e
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dizzy I guess idk
staypositivefriend
Hitman

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 5:26 pm who's the last wolf, TSP?
I gave up
nice
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Or Nanook faked a slip
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Maybe it’s you but I think against that
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Is it just you TSP, should I stop talking about other stuffs?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot. My head can't read all that. I'm very sorry, but I trust your shooting abilities of Tony doesn't solve this for us.

Return to “Previous Heists”