Total votes: 17
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 573
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: The Witcher Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:42 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:41 am Why is ender/rondo/mr voting me? I’m not back reading right niw
sheeping me after I agreed with ted
That’s fair I guess

Lazy, but fair
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 334

Post by DrWilgy »

I moved to Syn.

I agree with Mac, that 2 page Iso is fluff and NAI interaction with KZA and Ender

A Syn blasting would provide juice on Ender and Tutuu
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 525

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:39 am Logic and rational thinking in a game of numbers is the correct way to play.

Emotional tact can be quantified and rationalized.

You nerds are arguing the same shit.
The influence of ate is the argument. Alison for instance refuses to let emotional behaviours from the recipient of her read affect how she appraises their play and has the highest winrate. We have a similar mindset towards other facets of the game but I will judge emotion one way or the other and she doesn't. I tend to get fooled by it, she doesn't allow herself to be. So from that perspective she would make the argument that it's better to simply ignore it entirely and she would have a strong case.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:43 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:42 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:41 am Why is ender/rondo/mr voting me? I’m not back reading right niw
sheeping me after I agreed with ted
That’s fair I guess

Lazy, but fair
Of course my mom also told me as a kid that those ear candling things were real life hacks, and come to find out doing my own research that it’s an utter scam so

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:44 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:39 am Logic and rational thinking in a game of numbers is the correct way to play.

The influence of ate is the argument. Alison for instance refuses to let emotional behaviours from the recipient of her read affect how she appraises their play and has the highest winrate. We have a similar mindset towards other facets of the game but I will judge emotion one way or the other and she doesn't. I tend to get fooled by it, she doesn't allow herself to be. So from that perspective she would make the argument that it's better to simply ignore it entirely and she would have a strong case.
Strong case, yes, but truly optimized play can rationalize ethos as well as logos. Perhaps you just aren't there yet?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Whereas Tutuu (maybe sorta jokingly) was implying that only reading emotion is necessary. Which I think is arguable when you look at the results of games. I think reading vote patterns, wagons, postcounts and clarity of progression are all superior.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 177
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:47 am Whereas Tutuu (maybe sorta jokingly) was implying that only reading emotion is necessary. Which I think is arguable when you look at the results of games. I think reading vote patterns, wagons, postcounts and clarity of progression are all superior.
she couldn’t have been serious
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tedxtr wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:47 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:47 am Whereas Tutuu (maybe sorta jokingly) was implying that only reading emotion is necessary. Which I think is arguable when you look at the results of games. I think reading vote patterns, wagons, postcounts and clarity of progression are all superior.
she couldn’t have been serious
I didn’t see it as a joke

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Interesting that in a Syn/Scotty lead, Urist and Scotty hopped on the Spinning Anime girl.
Image Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:46 am

Strong case, yes, but truly optimized play can rationalize ethos as well as logos. Perhaps you just aren't there yet?
Well I mean... I do play that was as I've said. And my winrate since 2019 is very high. But it's not really an argument of that. It's an argument of emotion only vs. logic only lol and I think if you pick one in this game you pick reading the game without letting emotion influence your reads vs. emotion only if you want to pick between the two. I agree that it's far better to view emotion as another facet of play that can be read logically.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:49 am Interesting that in a Syn/Scotty lead, Urist and Scotty hopped on the Spinning Anime girl.
Are you currently suspicious of me? Because this seems to imply it.

tutuu
Posts in topic: 833

Post by tutuu »

oh yes, i wasnt being literal

if u'd like to "logicify" my read on scotty, i would put it like that

"i dont believe that scotty is capable of faking that level of purity as a wolf, i believe that it is hard to do generally, and he himself doesn't feel like a cold blooded liar. he did some hiccups in his reasonings, well a lot, to the point where i feel like he's just town, for i think it is unlikely that a wolf does that many, for i believe that villagers are more hotheaded and can lose their path a lil bit, while mafia i believe tend to be more grounded and retain he ability to sound more agreeable"

but this is really long to type out and it tires me, so i prefer to just say "emotion"
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:49 am
DrWilgy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:46 am

Well I mean... I do play that was as I've said. And my winrate since 2019 is very high. But it's not really an argument of that. It's an argument of emotion only vs. logic only lol and I think if you pick one in this game you pick reading the game without letting emotion influence your reads vs. emotion only if you want to pick between the two. I agree that it's far better to view emotion as another facet of play that can be read logically.
I use primarily logic, and most of my wins are from someone else carrying me using a mixture of both, or luck, or crystal gazing.

My problem is that my logic isn’t always optimal or sensible. But I believe in the process

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I tend to only read emotion when it comes from players that I have yet to see evidence can weaponise it as mafia. Once they do it once then it might as well not be a thing. Though I'd be lying if I said it didn't move me still.
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:49 am Interesting that in a Syn/Scotty lead, Urist and Scotty hopped on the Spinning Anime girl.
I am not spinning.
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:50 am
Are you currently suspicious of me? Because this seems to imply it.
Not really, but I trust Mac. I want to believe that at least 1 of the lead wagons is correct though. I think it's Syn and not you ATM, but I am also aware of my 0.01% wr.
Image Image Image
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

KZA wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:52 am
I am not spinning.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

KZA wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:52 am
I am not spinning.
You're the drinking anime girl.
Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:50 am

"i dont believe that scotty is capable of faking that level of purity as a wolf, i believe that it is hard to do generally, and he himself doesn't feel like a cold blooded liar. he did some hiccups in his reasonings, well a lot, to the point where i feel like he's just town, for i think it is unlikely that a wolf does that many, for i believe that villagers are more hotheaded and can lose their path a lil bit, while mafia i believe tend to be more grounded and retain he ability to sound more agreeable"

but this is really long to type out and it tires me, so i prefer to just say "emotion"
If I were “caught” as a wolf, I would feel equally as slighted and would actually use AtE to my advantage (maybe) knowing that you use that as a sleuthing mechanism. That’s where the logica manipulation comes from

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:55 am

If I were “caught” as a wolf, I would feel equally as slighted and would actually use AtE to my advantage (maybe) knowing that you use that as a sleuthing mechanism. That’s where the logica manipulation comes from
if that were the case im hoping that i'd be able to identify liars using my sense of empathy :meany:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:51 am I tend to only read emotion when it comes from players that I have yet to see evidence can weaponise it as mafia. Once they do it once then it might as well not be a thing. Though I'd be lying if I said it didn't move me still.
I’ll remember this for future games :grin:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Yeah so Scotty basically explained right there why it's ever a bad idea to townread ate. It's so easy to win games as mafia when all you have to do is get genuinely upset by being caught in a game in which it's upsetting to be caught.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:56 am Yeah so Scotty basically explained right there why it's ever a bad idea to townread ate. It's so easy to win games as mafia when all you have to do is get genuinely upset by being caught in a game in which it's upsetting to be caught.
maybe i just can't imagine being upsetting to be caught as mafia. it feels to me like a bizzare thing to feel
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:56 am
Scotty wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:55 am

if that were the case im hoping that i'd be able to identify liars using my sense of empathy :meany:
But wolves can have ATE and not be lying. That's the problem lol.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tutuu wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:57 am
MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:56 am Yeah so Scotty basically explained right there why it's ever a bad idea to townread ate. It's so easy to win games as mafia when all you have to do is get genuinely upset by being caught in a game in which it's upsetting to be caught.
maybe i just can't imagine being upsetting to be caught as mafia. it feels to me like a bizzare thing to feel
Being mafia and getting caught by good town play is upsetting the same way losing any sport is upsetting. You should be gracious in post but in our sport you get to channel your inner spoiled brat before that to try to get out of it.

Being mafia and getting caught by wrong reasons or dogshit town play is upsetting because it's not fair.

Either way it's not something wolves need to fake. And if they don't genuinely feel it should probably not ever actually try to fake.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

k then lets see

[VOTE: scotty] aubergine

omgus + testing out yall logical ways + self-pres

for the record i townread him
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

whenever someone gets chopped imma imagine they get exiled to play in mafia.gg for the rest of their lives
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

:suspish:

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[VOTE: Syn] aubergine

Self preservation

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

tutuu wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:03 am k then lets see

Why not vote Syn? Do you townread him too?

tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Scotty wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:11 am
tutuu wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:03 am k then lets see

Why not vote Syn? Do you townread him too?
no i dont care

[VOTE: Syn] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Aight well I did my best fam. It's late at night now and EOD is 6am so I won't be here. I trust you'll all give it a red hot shake.

I haven't really changed my reads all that much. Urist got a lot townier. Scotty maybe trended slightly up to the point where I'd maybe prefer Syn go over. I guess I've no choice but to sheep Urist on Axe. Tutuu trended a fair bit down for me mostly because of Urist's appraisal of her and if Urist/Axe are town then that's a pretty strong argument against her.

Unless you have a role that really needs a claim because you can do something strictly pro town in the night at the same time as dying just die with your claims please. If anyone tries to live claiming anything insubstantial just kill them.

Night.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

@Syn
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 128

Post by sig »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:25 am when have mafia ever seen a confirm and been like oh yay a confirm?
Soup kill legit read first post claiming has consequences.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Scotty wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:37 am
sig wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:31 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:26 pm [VOTE: sig] aubergine
:ponder: :ninja: :eye: :suspish: :suspish: :suspish:
Hi sig

The order of these emojis…is off. This string of emojis seem..off
I'm ponder his vote, hiding, giving him the eye of hmm then making a face seems about right. :beer:
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

psych I'm still here sig ... have you been hiding in scum chat this whole time waiting for me to leave you baby?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:14 pm
sig wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:53 pm I'm literally just here to say Mac that was a dumb move to make

NOBODY ELSE CLAIM

there is obviously some sort of soup role given what Jay said in the rules like seriously. We gonna have a repeat of last game where mafia soups everyone and wins.
explain soup, is it delicious?
I'm assuming this is a serious question. Soup kill is basically mafia sends in the name and correlating role/flavor (host dependent) of x number of players. Every player they get right immediately dies. IT varies how many times mafia can use it, but when the host mentioned claiming has consequences that makes the most sense.
ImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

hi guys. I've read literally none of the game. Can someone catch me up a bit?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:55 pm
sig wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 8:53 pm I'm literally just here to say Mac that was a dumb move to make

NOBODY ELSE CLAIM

there is obviously some sort of soup role given what Jay said in the rules like seriously. We gonna have a repeat of last game where mafia soups everyone and wins.
What's up sig?

Anything worth me commenting on?

Hey,

besides that people shouldn't claim, nope.

I'll be reading up on the thread this weekend and will have more thoughts then.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dyachei wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:35 am hi guys. I've read literally none of the game. Can someone catch me up a bit?
I am a mod confirmed inno child. I did it for the kek. Iso me for the purified truncated catch up. I've basically camped most of the game. Have a POE and reads and shit. If you're town it's probably good to start there. If mafia you can just sheep whichever of my reads is wrong. If all of them then happy days for you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: sig] aubergine

bye
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

dyachei wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:35 am hi guys. I've read literally none of the game. Can someone catch me up a bit?
sup sup

mac is mod revealed innocent child, no other mech stuff as of yet

other than that, i dunno, just some random reads thrown about, a lot of people being inactive, i think thats about it, at least how i perceive the game, maybe someone can say something better :P
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 9:38 am
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 2:33 pm
Syn wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 1:07 pm
Ruri wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 9:51 am Skimmed here and there. Didn't know Mac was a fellow Scorpio.

Tutuu has good posts. Upon checking Mac's posts, I'm not sure about him yet. Syn seems to be...underwhelming. Made had some sus posts, so I'll ISO that.
what about now?

*strikes a pose*
What are Tutuu's good posts @Ruri?
Oh yeah. It was this. I'm not sure why but the this one had me pinged.
This is obvious mafia.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 135

Post by falcon45ca »

I feel like I'm a lyric in Wynona's Big Brown Beaver, tho I know not which.

Hold up! 40 pages of Maf ain't shit compared to 40 liter of vodka.
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

All of my mafia reads are voting syn
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:37 am @NotAnAxehole @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

can I get an updated situation from you two. One word answers are acceptable, two would be great and three is someone asking something unreasonable.
Hm
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 293
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

[VOTE: creature] aubergine
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer

Post by NotAnAxehole »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:41 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:37 am @NotAnAxehole @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME

can I get an updated situation from you two. One word answers are acceptable, two would be great and three is someone asking something unreasonable.
Hm
Vote scotty, if Scotty is mafia we can say the game was won at rand, I don't think it's impossible actually. Syn just town though by vote I think.
2022 Stats

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 135

Post by falcon45ca »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:39 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:38 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:00 am
Michelle wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:58 am
Ruri wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:45 am
Michelle wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 4:40 am I have some work to do, but i am here for a while
Thouoghts on Mac?
I think he is town so he has a pass from me until d3. Tinfoils are not allowed until then
If i die meanwhile, please follow this read
I think is mac is town he dies first, most solvy in the game so far, cant leave him up as a wolf. So that slot will resolve itself
This is gross
I'll give Falcon another townread because why not. I don't see anything wrong with his short iso. Seems to be >rand falcon.
KZA wrote: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:39 pmI love Falconry
I'm wearing spandex!

So get off my thighs, I have no pockets
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 45
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 11:42 am [VOTE: creature] aubergine
you're not even gonna give me time to get in the thread? rude

Return to “Previous Jobs”