Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Night 11 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Long Con »

Boogs wrote:Didn't expect that to happen to Bea wow. And I missed the result of the poll and see it wasn't posted yet.
Which poll? The lynch poll? The result was Bea = baddie.

I chose Kraft Dinner because that's what I say when I speak of it.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

I knew you were too trustworthy, Bea! Maybe I'll stick with this strategy for the rest of the game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dana wrote:I knew you were too trustworthy, Bea! Maybe I'll stick with this strategy for the rest of the game.
Great job Dana, I did not have much suspicion of Bea. She was just a better choice than Boogs or myself, so I went for it.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

GO AWAY YOU FOODTROFT SMELLERERS!!!!!!!!

Also re: poll. I was FIRM in my love of Kraft Mac and cheese - powedered stuff thank you very much with LOTS of salt and pepper for my old skool comfort food.

Then I started actually making and playing with mac and cheese. And gratins and stuffs Now every box mac and cheese and every box potatoes sucks it. In one month I ruined the whole idea of every box potato dish, every mac and cheese box and ever "hamburger helper ever." It's sooo yucky now.
:( I can't even.

HOMEMADE FTMFW BITCHES!
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

I'm sorry everyone. I haven't read anything since this morning. There's a serious situation happening in my real life that erupted today. Don't know details yet, but I'll probably not be around much in the coming days. I'm sorry.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

canuck - I'm so sorry you have some shit going down. :hugs: I'll make note of that in Who.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

That sucks, Canuck. I'll maintain my current suspicion of you, but that should be no surprise. I will assume your response to my continued suspicion will remain the same as you have already said.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

GO AWAY YOU SONS OF SOME UDDER KING!!!!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

wot? Fuck you guys. I've been the frenchie all along and I've wanted to shout and yell insults at the whole lot of you all game but I had to "play nice" FUCK THAT!!! GO AND BOIL YOUR BOTTOMS!!!
Dana
Drug Dealer

Re: Day 10 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Dana »

So I know it's nighttime right now and people aren't supposed to make cases or whatever during the night, but I'm not scared! (Well, that's a lie, but in case I get killed for revenge, I'm going to post my thoughts before morning.)

Now, I haven't particularly trusted LC or Bullz but in the spirit of trust who you don't trust and lynch who you do, I'm going to assume they're civ for now. Juliets I'm very unsure about, I may have to go back and look over her posts again. You all know what I think about Boogs, so I hope the civs will trust me on that.

The person I think we should focus on tomorrow is LoRab. In almost every single lynch, Bea and LoRab have voted the same. It may be coincidence, but it could also be that they're teammates. LoRab replaced Lizzy, and Lizzy and Bea were on different teams for the very first challenge. I think that could possibly mean something, but I also think LoRab might be a recruit (Bea and LoRab are good friends, right?). Also I totally think Bea would have recruited Enrique, but I guess we'll have to wait until her role goes up on the first page to see if she's the recruiter. In the meantime, here are some quotes to take a look at.

Bea says quite a few times that she's unsure about LoRab:
bea wrote:I keep thinking "this time for sure LC is civ!" and I keep being wrong. Is this the time I'm right? I'm unsure of lorab so IDK what to make of her vouch for him, but I've had good feels about [canuck] and bullz.
bea wrote: I've had pretty good feels about cancuk, but lorab has been a ? for me for a long time.
But she also doesn't want to lynch LoRab:
bea wrote:I can look at a case against lorab or canuck or anyone else, but I need a case you know? not just "they kissed up to me."
bea wrote:I can see a hedge vote more than a lorab vote. so that's where I'm going to vote as theres like 4 minutes left.
bea wrote:I'm voting for hedge. The case on lorab is just too weak for me at this point.
Also Canuck's been showing up around in these posts a lot, but I kind of distrusted Canuck so I think she actually might be good.

While looking through LoRab's posts, I've seen a few slightly concerning things. She uses the phrase "Eye me all you want" five times! Three of which were in three posts of hers in a row, on day 10. She also says "I have nothing to hide" quite a few times. Of course it might not be as suspicious in the context of the thread, but just looking at her posts alone, it seems very fishy. I've said before that when people outright say they're not bad, it doesn't really sit well with me. I couldn't exactly explain why that behavior makes me suspicious of people, maybe because if someone has to say they're good then it means they're probably not? I have no idea, but it does really bug me.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

beware of english kaaaanigits bearing false promises. hellz bellz if a stratagy works well the first time, don't dump it because it was rightQ! you so called udder kings!
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dana, I'm sure I don't have to confirm that I agree with your thoughts. :). Nice work on the bea-Lorab connection.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dana, one thing I wanted to let you know about Lorab is she always uses the twirly emoticon and says "I have nothing to hide" or "eye me all you want" or both. She does it regardless of whether she's bad or civ as far as I've noticed. Just wanted you to know because those of us that play with her all the time know (someone correct me if you feel I'm wrong).

I think you're pulling together the bea-lorab connection is very interesting. I know I had similar thoughts as bea about a case but it sounds more sinister knowing that bea who was bad asked for one. It may have just been a way of protecting them. I will re-read and think about your points as I do so Dana.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Hmm, thanks Juliets. It makes me feel a bit better to know that's something she usually says/does. Bea's most recent post is really making me rethink Boogs, though. She has no reason to lie if she's dead, right? I trust Boogs the most right now because I know he started the game out good, but that doesn't mean that he still is.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dana wrote:Hmm, thanks Juliets. It makes me feel a bit better to know that's something she usually says/does. Bea's most recent post is really making me rethink Boogs, though. She has no reason to lie if she's dead, right? I trust Boogs the most right now because I know he started the game out good, but that doesn't mean that he still is.
Well, she can't post on topic if she's dead (a big mafia no-no) so that makes me a little leery of her post meaning anything suspicious. I believe bea was the one who did that once (posted on topic when she was dead) and there was a big hullabaloo, I'm just finding it hard to believe she would do it again. Stranger things have happened though and you could be right.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

So you think it's likely just randomness to throw us off? What do you think about Boogs right now, Juliets?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I would feel better if the hosts told us it was just jibber jabber so until then I don't totally want to forget it. Did she argue for people to vote boogs? I'll have to take another look at her posts and see. I feel like I've forgotten the whole game.

I am not sure on boogs. He correctly identified me as civ so he's got that going for him but we don't know about the bullz situation. And he was definitely wrong about bea, though a lot of us were. I will say his posts are a little on the crazy edge but I see more of that from him when he is civ.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

juliets wrote:I would feel better if the hosts told us it was just jibber jabber so until then I don't totally want to forget it. Did she argue for people to vote boogs? I'll have to take another look at her posts and see. I feel like I've forgotten the whole game.

I am not sure on boogs. He correctly identified me as civ so he's got that going for him but we don't know about the bullz situation. And he was definitely wrong about bea, though a lot of us were. I will say his posts are a little on the crazy edge but I see more of that from him when he is civ.
She did vote for Boogs but she didn't really try to convince others to vote for him. Maybe it was a distancing thing? Because I'm pretty sure it was the lynch where Boogs was supposed to die but didn't, so if he did die and turned out bad, she'd look good for voting for him? Though if he were on her team, then she'd have known that the lynch wouldn't have worked because Boogs did say he knew how he survived, right? I feel like this could point towards him being good.

I'm not too sure how I feel about Bullz either, but there definitely have to be a lot of bad guys around since only two(?) have been killed so far, I think. Also wondering if LC's vote for Bea could have been a distancing one. He seemed a bit too immediately accepting of my LoRab case. Though I guess all there is to do now is see what happens overnight and wait until morning for more conversation with everyone else.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Only time for a quick post. Dana: I don't know why Bea voted the same as me so much. Maybe she liked my ideas? We are not teammates I am not bad.

And yeah, I say eye me all you want and I have nothing to hide and that stuff literally every game, every time I'm accused (I don't think I've ever played a game without being accused at least once). I'm sorry my posting style bugs you--I don't like to be annoying but it's kind of late in my mafia career to change my writing style. I actually tried not saying it once and got suspicion for not saying it. So I went back to just saying it every time. It's actually why my smiley is my smiley--it's me twirling (which I tend to do for people when they are eying me). :lorab:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I was immediately accepting of your Lorab case because I have been trying to get her lynched for a while myself. She's a baddie, and I want to take her out. Your case was like a breath of fresh air on the Lorab front.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Aaaaaah I'm so confused. Statistically, one of you are (is?) probably bad but I have no idea which. Thank you for your response LoRab, and you don't have to change your playong style if it's something you do every game. I'm pretty sure I've never played with you before so it just seemed odd to me. Also your smiley is one of the best on this site! I guess now that I think about it, you wouldn't really want to vote with your teammate every time, would you? That would make things too easy for us. I would consider looking at Bullz if only because of the Boogs information. Did we ever come to a conclusion if that was real or not? Why is this game so hard?!
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Dana wrote:Aaaaaah I'm so confused. Statistically, one of you are (is?) probably bad but I have no idea which. Thank you for your response LoRab, and you don't have to change your playong style if it's something you do every game. I'm pretty sure I've never played with you before so it just seemed odd to me. Also your smiley is one of the best on this site! I guess now that I think about it, you wouldn't really want to vote with your teammate every time, would you? That would make things too easy for us. I would consider looking at Bullz if only because of the Boogs information. Did we ever come to a conclusion if that was real or not? Why is this game so hard?!
How many times do I have to prove Boogs is a liar? I'm tired of doing it tbh so if you seriously want to trust the guy who hasn't spoken a true word all game and is proven to have lied and tried to misdirect the thread time and again then go for it.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Hey man, I'm just trying to find the truth here. I'm in class right now so I can't go back to review that whole interaction until later, but it's not even day yet so we have plenty of time. I know that unless Boogs was recruited, he is good, so I'm inclined to believe him even if his actions have been suspicious. I'm not saying that means you're bad for certain, just that I'm trying to figure it all out.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

juliets wrote:I would feel better if the hosts told us it was just jibber jabber so until then I don't totally want to forget it. Did she argue for people to vote boogs? I'll have to take another look at her posts and see. I feel like I've forgotten the whole game.

It was indeed jibber-jabber
;)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Roxy wrote:

It was indeed jibber-jabber
Thanks Roxy for clearing that up!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Except, LC, that you're wrong about me.
Roxy
Hitman

Re: Python Polls

Post by Roxy »

Missed Day 11 :(

Night 11

Which is better?

Poll runs till Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:18:16 pm
You may select 1 option

Mac and Cheese
Roxy (1), Dana (8), juliets (11) 23%
Kraft Dinner
DisgruntledPorcupine (2), LoRab (4), Long Con (7), Boogs (9) 31%
Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
No votes
The homemade kind/ Hosts/ The right/ The wrong
zeek (3), S~V~S (5), Enrique (6), bea (10), MovingPictures07 (12), Made (13) 46%
Total votes : 13
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

No one has died - again! Get on with it!!
;)
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Yes, more deathlessness!
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

Booooring :feb:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

Endgame so often is
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

I don't think this endgame will be, I just find deathless nights really disappointing :p Honestly, this game has been a lot of fun to keep up with from the sidelines. Can't wait for the end.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Today I am going to take a closer look at LC, Juliets, and Bullz. I'm unsure about LoRab at the moment but after rethinking things, making a case against her was way too easy. I honestly think a baddie team would be more careful than that. I'm pretty certain Boogs is still good, and I don't think Canuck has been too suspicious. Boogs said that he was the most sure on Bea and Juliets being civ, and Bea wasn't, so possibly Juliets is too trustworthy, too?

Unrelated question: Are baddies allowed to target themselves/teammates? I know, I know, "why would they?" but if they knew they'd be safe or even if it could benefit them, is it allowed?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I have been in plenty of games where baddies have targeted themselves, many times they will silence themselves or someone on their team or insanify themsleves or someone on their team, or protect themselves, etc. I've even seen a baddie with a protect target themselves for a kill for reasons I can't remember. So yes, it does happen. Some roles or hosts may not allow for it though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Dana i do think it needs to be LC today. He's def not Civ but he is either Indy or Baddie. Again i feel he and Bullz are bad and/or teammates. My feelings on Bea were wrong, but i know JC is Civ so we do not want her to be lynched.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

How certain are you about Juliets, Boogs? You know know or you just think so?
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

100% sure if that answers suffices. :)
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Awesome. I'll definitely look into LC and Bullz today, then.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Re: Day 11 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Dana »

Long Con wrote:Voted Bea, if only to prove to Boogs that he is wrong.
So Boogs said that he trusted Bea, and you voted her to prove that Boogs was wrong. How did you know she wasn't going to be good? You could say you were suspicious of her, but then you say after the lynch that you weren't.
Long Con wrote: Great job Dana, I did not have much suspicion of Bea. She was just a better choice than Boogs or myself, so I went for it.
Long Con wrote: :slick: Boogs, let's take the rest of them down.
Also this seemed very odd to me. Boogs had just said he was suspicious of you, but then after Bea was lynched, you said this to him. I'm very undecided on whether this was sincere or not.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I didn't have bad feelings about Bea, I just wanted to use my vote to avoid a Civ lynch - aka myself or Boogs. The "prove you wrong" to Boogs was basically 20% bravado and crossed fingers, 80% math. Bea was one of five or six people, and there are possibly three to five baddies in that group if the math on baddie teams is correct.

The fact that Boogs is still coming after me after his embarrassing fiasco with Bea is making me have second thoughts, though. I know what role I believe he has, but it's starting to look like he could actually be the other recruit. He vouches for Bea and Juliets, then Bea gets lynched and he doesn't bat an eye. Guess what - Boogs used his "Civvie cred" to vouch for a baddie. He'd be the best choice for a team to recruit, really, he's got lots of people trusting him, possibly for the same reason. I trusted him, but this latest series of events has me rethinking things.
Long Con
So Divine

Re: Day 11 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Long Con »

Dana wrote:
Long Con wrote: :slick: Boogs, let's take the rest of them down.
Also this seemed very odd to me. Boogs had just said he was suspicious of you, but then after Bea was lynched, you said this to him. I'm very undecided on whether this was sincere or not.
It was sincere. I assumed that when Boogs saw that his assumptions about the game were wrong, and that I'm one of the only players that has killed a baddie with his bare vote, he might be willing to listen to me. The fact that he just continued coming after me like none of that had happened is what's making me say "Okay, that's enough, something is seriously fishy here."
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Do you remember who voted for what at the end of the lynch? It's not on the poll page.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I voted Kraft Dinner.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I voted mac and cheese. I think Roxy did too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

oh i guess you didn't need Roxy's vote.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

No I meant the lynch poll the day Bea died. Not the kraft mac and cheese poll...
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

i was silenced and couldn't vote that day so I can't picture the poll in my mind. We can probably figure it out by going back toward the end and see what people said in their posts.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

@Boogs: Do you think there are indies left?

You mentioned LC could be indy, so asking
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Let's see, Bullz voted for Boogs, Boogs voted for me, Dana voted for Bea (maybe not in that order). Then Bea came in and voted for Boogs, and I voted for Bea as the final vote.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Boogs wrote:Dana i do think it needs to be LC today. He's def not Civ but he is either Indy or Baddie. Again i feel he and Bullz are bad and/or teammates. My feelings on Bea were wrong, but i know JC is Civ so we do not want her to be lynched.
Seriously stop acting like you have info. If you did have it, you'd be an epic cheater who shouldn't be allowed to play again from the amount you've infodumped. Not only is it outright cheating but it shows a total lack of respect for every other player as well as the hosts. Since you don't, you're just adding to your laundry list of lies and proving we shouldn't listen to you because you're blatantly not civ.
Dana wrote:Awesome. I'll definitely look into LC and Bullz today, then.
Again, Boogs has lied about everything this game. He's faked info and faked curses and been generally misleading and untrustworthy. Even if you 'know' he's civ, why the hell do you want to follow him so badly? If he actually is a civ, he's terrible at being one and should be ignored completely.

Seriously, Boogs is bad. He has lied to us for days and been allowed to get away with the most ridiculous of things. Let's just get rid of him now like we should have done ages ago.

Return to “Previous Jobs”