Re: Philosophy Mafia 2: Electric Boogaloo

Post by MacDougall »

i need to get some beers and start day drinking brb
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Dyslexicon »

leetic wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:57 pm... or if a role that works differently if it is on town or mafia would be included...
:mafia:

Mine do
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 459
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:31 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:46 pm
cassandra wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:43 pm they also share a chat and are confirmed town to each other
they're basically weakened masons
i know roles aren't AI, i just think that'd be a weird scum role. because if one dies and flips scum, it'd confirm the other as scum, and idk i just don't think wolf!illario plays it like that right off the bat. i also townread his posting outside of the claim

Uh, how are they confirmed town to each other? Aren't they just confirmed the same alignment to each other?

Is this TMI?

[VOTE: cassandra] aubergine
We must not forget that Marmot went from hard town reading Calexa to an absurd accusation about TMI. The accusation is weak in the first place, and I don't believe that Marmot had this much of a problem with Calexa's wordage of "confirmed town to each other" that he literally just forgot what he had just said:
Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:08 pmcassandra - This feels like an easy read. I've played with alexa once (though I don't remember much about her there), but I'm seeing a lot of extended back-and-forths here, and a number of reads that are being adjusted as the game progresses in a believable way. Feels town.
Also, all of Marmot's posts are scummy. Including, but not limited to dogging me and Sloonei when we weren't even playing.

Are you freaking kidding me? You're not playing the game, what is the issue with me dogging you? Seriously, that's a weak reason to scumread me.

As for the cassandra thing, I thought she TMI'd falcon/Mac. Usually when you think someone TMI's someone else as an alignment, it's because they are mafia and know that they're that alignment, no?? Yes I had a TR on her before that, but I thought she slipped, before thinking more about it later on and realizing I was probably just tunneling. I don't understand the problem with it.

You should be able to read me better than that Dizzy.

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 pm I'm going to sum up Marmot's town game in a sentence, and yall can judge if this game is in line with that:

"I'll be back tonight, don't burn the house down till I get back"

Naturally, I grab the matches as soon as I hear that, but this Marmot is completely different and seems to feel the need to demonstrate their investment in the game at every turn, not only that, but their cases have been far more extensive than I've ever seen from town!marmot in terms of regular elaboration.

This is an apples&oranges comparison, because the games you're comparing it to are the games where I was mod-confirmed town in LYLO. Also, in those games, there were hammers. There are no hammers here, why would I take that approach? Anyway, I realize those are the only two games we've been town together in, but those are not common situations for a player to be in. (Usually I'm the one getting chopped in LYLO lol).

Also, if you think back to Fleabag Mafia, I did put extensive effort into solving the game. You'll recall I hopped on the hunt-for-spew train when JJJ did after we flipped SoA and ??? (I forget who the other scum we chopped was).

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 11:38 pm Town

falcon
iaafr
Lime coke
Nutella

Prob town but weh

Jay
spf
Marmot
wilgy
Axe

Haven't seen them post

Anne

Kill in

Dyslexicon
Cassandra
leetic

if I've missed anyone they're null too I guess

you can flip me now

*farts*
This was real bad I hope you have done better
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:03 pm
cassandra wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:43 pm they also share a chat and are confirmed town to each other
i know roles aren't AI, i just think that'd be a weird scum role. because if one dies and flips scum, it'd confirm the other as scum, and idk i just don't think wolf!illario plays it like that right off the bat. i also townread his posting outside of the claim

Uh, how are they confirmed town to each other? Aren't they just confirmed the same alignment to each other?

Is this TMI?

We must not forget that Marmot went from hard town reading Calexa to an absurd accusation about TMI. The accusation is weak in the first place, and I don't believe that Marmot had this much of a problem with Calexa's wordage of "confirmed town to each other" that he literally just forgot what he had just said:
Marmot wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 2:08 pmcassandra - This feels like an easy read. I've played with alexa once (though I don't remember much about her there), but I'm seeing a lot of extended back-and-forths here, and a number of reads that are being adjusted as the game progresses in a believable way. Feels town.
Also, all of Marmot's posts are scummy. Including, but not limited to dogging me and Sloonei when we weren't even playing.

Are you freaking kidding me? You're not playing the game, what is the issue with me dogging you? Seriously, that's a weak reason to scumread me.

As for the cassandra thing, I thought she TMI'd falcon/Mac. Usually when you think someone TMI's someone else as an alignment, it's because they are mafia and know that they're that alignment, no?? Yes I had a TR on her before that, but I thought she slipped, before thinking more about it later on and realizing I was probably just tunneling. I don't understand the problem with it.

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:40 pm I'm going to sum up Marmot's town game in a sentence, and yall can judge if this game is in line with that:

Naturally, I grab the matches as soon as I hear that, but this Marmot is completely different and seems to feel the need to demonstrate their investment in the game at every turn, not only that, but their cases have been far more extensive than I've ever seen from town!marmot in terms of regular elaboration.

This is an apples&oranges comparison, because the games you're comparing it to are the games where I was mod-confirmed town in LYLO. Also, in those games, there were hammers. There are no hammers here, why would I take that approach? Anyway, I realize those are the only two games we've been town together in, but those are not common situations for a player to be in. (Usually I'm the one getting chopped in LYLO lol).

Also, if you think back to Fleabag Mafia, I did put extensive effort into solving the game. You'll recall I hopped on the hunt-for-spew train when JJJ did after we flipped SoA and ??? (I forget who the other scum we chopped was).
The issue is that you're trying to find reasons to have me in the PoE or to scum read me, while I'm firmly outside scum meta. You do claim to be able to read me.

I think you mean TMI Leetic/Illario.
In any case, the problem is that I think it's fake. You found something easy to jump on, and I've seen you do that as scum before. It doesn't even make sense to think of it as a so called slip. Especially not if you were supposedly convinced the slot was town from beforehand.

I think I'm able to read you actually.

I think you did more and better analysis in Fleabag. Your tone is stiff, your approach to Jimmay was to call him scum, but not following through (so far - haven't read to EoD) and you're generally just giving off all the scum!Marmot vibes. To be continued.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:13 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:11 am i only find mac's claim implausible through the lens of him claiming to be self-resolving - i feel like it stretches credibility to have a role that could have confirmed you as town while also having a role that confirms you as town through you being self-resolving. i don't really buy that he's 100% self-resolving as either alignment, tbh
also there's an interesting synchronicity between illario and leetic's claim and mac and falcon's claim even if they arent exactly identical. i would speculate that it is improbable for there to be 2 pairs of players that can become confirmed town to each other (to a certain extent), but anything can happen in a role madness setup
LiGhT rOlE mAdNeS :omg:
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 310
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

i think i might maybe possibly townread dizzy more than marmot atp

had some bad vibes on marmot d1 that i dismissed later on, and have basically always felt fine with dizzys posts/reads

shrug they prob v/v lol
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:08 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:03 pm

Is this TMI?

The issue is that you're trying to find reasons to have me in the PoE or to scum read me, while I'm firmly outside scum meta. You do claim to be able to read me.

I think you mean TMI Leetic/Illario.
In any case, the problem is that I think it's fake. You found something easy to jump on, and I've seen you do that as scum before. It doesn't even make sense to think of it as a so called slip. Especially not if you were supposedly convinced the slot was town from beforehand.

I think I'm able to read you actually.

I think you did more and better analysis in Fleabag. Your tone is stiff, your approach to Jimmay was to call him scum, but not following through (so far - haven't read to EoD) and you're generally just giving off all the scum!Marmot vibes. To be continued.
Do you think that, up until the last couple hours, that you belonged outside the POE? Your play was, as far as I recall from previous games where I've seen you as town, not comparable to those games meta-wise.

I don't really know how else to explain the cassandra thing. I jumped on it because I thought it was a slip. I did the same thing to nutella today (and I wasn't the only one).

Go through my ISO looking for Jay's name.

But anyway, I'll let you get to EOD. I think anyone who is familiar with my scum game can probably recognize that I'm well outside of it rn, but that's just TMI on my part I guess.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My hope today was that we could move forward as a team after chopping a wolf Day 1, but we're faltering hardcore. Any semblance of a towncore is slowly fading and our wagons are a mess. Am I saying this because I'm suddenly a leading wagon? Partially. But I also feel this game getting messy. I don't think there's a single unanimous townread in the game right now, despite how Day 1 went down. Many of the general consensus townreads are still being pressured in some capacity.

Also, we still have like 27 hours in the day, and looking at people's postcounts. Many players are 20-30 from cap already (and iaafr is already capped out).

This is just my thoughts on the day at this moment. Maybe other people feel differently, I'm open to input on this.

I'm also frustrated because I'm pouring an effort and a half into this game, and am currently being run up for kinda shoddy reasons and meta-comparisons.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:18 pmDo you think that, up until the last couple hours, that you belonged outside the POE? Your play was, as far as I recall from previous games where I've seen you as town, not comparable to those games meta-wise.

I don't really know how else to explain the cassandra thing. I jumped on it because I thought it was a slip. I did the same thing to nutella today (and I wasn't the only one).

Go through my ISO looking for Jay's name.

But anyway, I'll let you get to EOD. I think anyone who is familiar with my scum game can probably recognize that I'm well outside of it rn, but that's just TMI on my part I guess.
My play here is comparable to many of my town games and exactly none of my scum games tbh.
But yeah, I can technically high post and do the dizzy champs play as town too.

Also, this is funny, cause I was about to say something like how fast can I backtrack on my Marmot read, cause I'm growing unsure and should probably just not post takes until I'm caught up, but I'm doing it anyway
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 184
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

marmot really is just going out of his way to ignore my read on him that he pinged me 4 times for

and blanket trying to discredit it when giving responses like "lol I just thought it was wolfy"

ok
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 270
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:30 pm My hope today was that we could move forward as a team after chopping a wolf Day 1, but we're faltering hardcore. Any semblance of a towncore is slowly fading and our wagons are a mess. Am I saying this because I'm suddenly a leading wagon? Partially. But I also feel this game getting messy. I don't think there's a single unanimous townread in the game right now, despite how Day 1 went down. Many of the general consensus townreads are still being pressured in some capacity.

Also, we still have like 27 hours in the day, and looking at people's postcounts. Many players are 20-30 from cap already (and iaafr is already capped out).

This is just my thoughts on the day at this moment. Maybe other people feel differently, I'm open to input on this.

I'm also frustrated because I'm pouring an effort and a half into this game, and am currently being run up for kinda shoddy reasons and meta-comparisons.
Semi-convincing, but you need to get rid of your read on me if you don't want the town circle to crumble. It's clear to me that 1-2 wolves exist in the town circle that was drawn up, so I don't know how much I want it either way.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I just remembered another reason I thought marmot was a wolf actually

in p526 marmot says "Since that word is being thrown around a lot this game, this is performative."

which is part of the tonal stuff yeah

like he needs permission to do things

remembered cause he did similar here, going "I did the same thing to nutella today (and I wasn't the only one)."

like what is this supposed to mean, some townies did it do you doing it is okay too?

looked in my notes for the postnum and saw too from p624 where he gave a serious read on 1 poster radishes

idk everything you do is just wolfy lmao
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

I mean...who's universally townread? Myself, Cassandra, Illario/Leetic, Rabbit? There's 4 there that aren't really facing much scrutiny, we do need a few more but it's a bit of a start.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:36 pm marmot really is just going out of his way to ignore my read on him that he pinged me 4 times for

and blanket trying to discredit it when giving responses like "lol I just thought it was wolfy"

ok

I pinged you 4 times because I went back to read your post, I didn't understand your concern with my read of nutella, so I asked for a clarification.

Also, can you like, use more nouns in your sentences or something? I don't understand sentences like the blue one here because I don't know if you're talking about me or someone else, and if you are, who that person is talking about.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:36 pm marmot really is just going out of his way to ignore my read on him that he pinged me 4 times for

ok

I pinged you 4 times because I went back to read your post, I didn't understand your concern with my read of nutella, so I asked for a clarification.

Also, can you like, use more nouns in your sentences or something? I don't understand sentences like the blue one here because I don't know if you're talking about me or someone else, and if you are, who that person is talking about.
you didn't understand me asking for an explanation about posts exclusively talking about your read on Nutella? And that that means I'm curious about your read on Nutella at the time?
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

This has been a weird ass day phase and I don't know what it means for the game.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 204

Post by MacDougall »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:13 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 1:11 am i only find mac's claim implausible through the lens of him claiming to be self-resolving - i feel like it stretches credibility to have a role that could have confirmed you as town while also having a role that confirms you as town through you being self-resolving. i don't really buy that he's 100% self-resolving as either alignment, tbh
also there's an interesting synchronicity between illario and leetic's claim and mac and falcon's claim even if they arent exactly identical. i would speculate that it is improbable for there to be 2 pairs of players that can become confirmed town to each other (to a certain extent), but anything can happen in a role madness setup
the roles were distributed before the alignments
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

the post you were pinging me with anyways was just you going "what post was it that you mentioned me in"

which like, is really easy to find and isn't saying what you are saying. And past that I don't know how you care to ping me 4 times but don't either like, elaborate more on it, or call me out or anything, you just kept going on with it

it felt like you were just faking caring about the question because you never actually... attempted to get anything out of the (non) interactions or develop it
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:44 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm

ok

you didn't understand me asking for an explanation about posts exclusively talking about your read on Nutella? And that that means I'm curious about your read on Nutella at the time?

Sorry, I didn't read my own posts, so I forgot how much I flip-flopped back and forth in there.

But I did see reasons to TR nutella Day 1

Then leetic faked a redcheck on her.

Then he rescinded his redcheck.

Then she responded to pressure in imo, a not great manner, and I also thought that she scum-slipped.

Then I reread the EOD and her posts.

That about sums up why my read on nutella has change 5 times so far today.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm I mean...who's universally townread? Myself, Cassandra, Illario/Leetic, Rabbit? There's 4 there that aren't really facing much scrutiny, we do need a few more but it's a bit of a start.

That is a solid start. Although I know that nutella has tunneled cass today already, Mac is scumreading (or at least POEing) Rabbit. But yes, I do believe this is generally consensus. Thanks for the reminder, it does make me feel a little better.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Remove vote wagon is pure as fuck.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:42 pm I mean...who's universally townread? Myself, Cassandra, Illario/Leetic, Rabbit? There's 4 there that aren't really facing much scrutiny, we do need a few more but it's a bit of a start.
Outside of those 4 I have SPF, Anne, Falcon, and Marmot as town, fwiw.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

God, I read slowly.

I read D1.

I don't know.

Town:
Calexa
Illeetic
Nutella
Falcon

Lighter town:
NAA
iaafr
Wilgy (But honestly, thinking that shooting the IC is a good shot smells like town justifying themselves psychologically to me kind of maybe. Wouldn't be surprised if Wilgy is just town. Also Jimmay kind of lightly spewed them town. Actually fuck it, I'm moving Wilgy to lighter town)

Not quite sure would like words about:
Marmot
SPF
Lime

PoE:
Mac
Anne
Esooa

---

I will probably explain at some point, if it's not already in my ISO.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@staypositivefriend What is your read on Lime now?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Can someone confirm that when Jimmay voted Anne, she was the leading wagon?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Is Nutella tunnelling Cass lol wtf Nut stop that
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:32 pm Can someone confirm that when Jimmay voted Anne, she was the leading wagon?
Yes during EOD she was top wagon.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I wish it was not 4.30 am here, cause I kind of want to know what Mac has been up to since D1, cause his D1 sucked in my humble opinion. As did mine, but I'm gayer.
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:03 am I was looking this up a bit ago before my last post.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:42 pm
iaafr wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:41 pm if falcon/mac are town/town then i am sort of skeptical of nutella/jay in particular

anne being w clears nutella in my worldview tho, i just personally dont currently think anne is w (open to being wrong tho)
What would be the first thing to give you pause about an Anne vote
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:44 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:41 pm Look the main reason I find Anne towny is based on her disdain being in this game. I think she kind of doesn't like being town as much as being mafia so she's been quite annoyed with how this game has gone, specifically with how her reads have progressed this game.
Is this a meta view that you’d say is based on numerous incidents or more of a general idea you have of anne as a player
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:47 pm Thanks iaafr and LC I’ll ponder
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 7:57 pm [VOTE: Anne] aubergine
JJJ actively speaks to both myself and Rabbit, and says "Okay, I see you both have reasons to townread Anne, I'll think about it." Then 10 minutes later just votes Anne anyways. Like if she's his partner he could've easily said "These 2 townread Anne and I'm taking their word for it" and proceed to vote someone else.
Like I'm not sure why JJJ doesn't take that opportunity to keep his teammate alive.

Top that off, this was his posts leading up to voting her.

@Dyslexicon
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Yeah, I noticed that too. Though it speaks more to Jimmay being scum than Anne's alignment. I mean, Jimmay could be bussing or placing a vote on a town wagon. However, if I stretch a bit perhaps, he did ask questions that was framed more as "why is Anne town?" so that might be partnery. And then coming back to vote Anne anyway, maybe after contemplating bussing. But that's speculative. But I could see it.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

[VOTE: Anne] aubergine

Doing this for now. Will have to read D2 tomorrow, hope I have the time.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I was so sure Marmot was scum, but now I'm not so sure. Will try to let that read simmer in my mind
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:38 pm Yeah, I noticed that too. Though it speaks more to Jimmay being scum than Anne's alignment. I mean, Jimmay could be bussing or placing a vote on a town wagon. However, if I stretch a bit perhaps, he did ask questions that was framed more as "why is Anne town?" so that might be partnery. And then coming back to vote Anne anyway, maybe after contemplating bussing. But that's speculative. But I could see it.
Yeah but why doesn't he take me and Rabbit townreading Anne as an excuse to not vote her if they're partnered? Along the lines of "These 2 think Anne is town so I'll sheep them since they're active voices and they might be town" type of thing. Like I don't see why he would say he'll "Ponder about our townread of Anne" then proceed to literally vote her like 10 minutes later. That's not really "pondering" that's just "Toss a vote on a majority wagon."
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

cassandra wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:03 pm
Esooa wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:54 pm
cassandra wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:51 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:08 pm what came off as a bastardization (maybe more accurately, caricature) of your town game was the moment you claimed protective 3x in response to zero votes and nutella floating paranoia

and "95%? might as well not call it a townread at all"

felt like an extra cartoonish version of your known sensitivity to sus

tbh I just found it funny but I'm p sure that's what esooa was referring to specifically

Lol well I was half memeing on myself because I was aware my reaction was irrational but couldn't stop myself. I don't think I did much harm considering I didn't really think I'd be able to get myself through today without being tempted to claim anyway

And truthfully I do try to imitate elements of my town game as wolf, in champs I legit had my games open and mirrored some exact lines and reactions but imitating that particular part which would get me needless attention with 0 votes on me is not something I'd do. Also after champs/constellations I just really have grown to hate wolfing and don't think I'd be this invested but don't expect people to believe that. I feel entitled to townreads I guess because as wolf with literal JJJ there was 0 reason for me to do what I did eod but I think people in general just struggle to read me and I get it lmao
multiple EMers always say this and it's kinda true but really their compulsion to perform well over powers the hatred of it

why am I town
I don't think any EMers hate wolfing besides me and Brad lmao
Anne wanted to roll wolf in our hydra and I was like wtf
I used to have fun but I mainly realized I don't like it because every time I high effort it results in town being extremely emotional which exhausts me emotionally to an extreme

Don't get me wrong I would put up a good wolf performance if I had to but I have trouble pretending to care about my reads anyway

And I feel like your approach to your read on me is villagery. Not super confident about it but the nuance of waiting for a game to end because you're pinged by my approach to NOOK is so highly specific I'd be surprised if you came up with that if you're aware of my alignment
the nuance of waiting is something ive seen her do as a wolf too fwiw, but yeah the rest of it felt genuine
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

DrWilgy wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:33 pm
leetic wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:25 pm Still don't think anne's scum, if Wilgy or Axehole flips bad I might consider it but for now there are much better actions

Not really buying the case on Mac right now either
For Anne to be scum I'm pretty sure I have to be as well. I know that is not the case, but can attempt to view from an outside perspective and still don't see that as the case.
kinda towny
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

falcon45ca wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:36 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:30 pm Some of you already know this, and were alerted as soon as it happened, so may as well catch everyone up to speed.

Mac & I are now Lovers.
yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It appears to have had less thread impact than we expected
this just encourages me to vote mac even more jsyk
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Wow mac is actually doing towny things on pg53
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:01 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:52 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:50 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:49 pm anyway this is post 91/100 for me

gonna "save" posts again (will probably blow them whenever i think of funny stuff to post rather than actual substantive and helpful things to post

my worldview and preferred course of action remains "nuke naa/mac/anne in any order then re-eval after"

glhf
i don't buy your progression on me from the start of the day to here... you went from townreading me, and then when SPF voted for me you started acting as if you were always scumreading me
i got convinced that maybe its naive to clear you for those associations, which was my main reason (see the two posts i made about hating everybody's association reads including my own)

and like

i have been scumreading you for quite some time in this game

and also my progression not being explicit and easily followable is a towntell for me

if youre town you could be right on spf? idk? im certainty a horrible direction though
i don't think spf is mafia anymore, my alignment is not hinged on SPFs alignment... more wolfy bullshit
nvm bad read

theres always at least one in mac/spf
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:03 pm
iaafr wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 5:57 pm i dont think i even express that townread as scum

or if i do i express it with a ton more reservation so that my agendaed turn on you looks more believable
You have no choice but to townread her because I am townreading her and you will never get her mischopped while I am... case in point you were accutely aware of my read because you horse collared me for saying "neat" when Wilgy unvoted me. You're hyper vigilant in this game but acting memey and aloof and that's a scumtell for anyone good at mafia.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:07 pm Your today has been characterised by transparent pocketing and TMI of nutella's slot, TMI of the fact that Falcon and I are lovers, and capitalising on bad reason for scumreading me.

The Mac wagon has been nothing but omgus from jump. SPF started it because I voted her. Shit reason. Then Lime Coke sheeped because he's a simp. There was never enough meat on that bone for you to go from townreading me to locking me in a POE world of three with NAA and Anne. You are better than that.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:16 pm given the mafia got alerted when i checked falcon there's guaranteed to be a mafia voting me with the way that I was playing because they know it's 2 for the price of 1
first 2 quotes are decently towny tho

wdym about mafia being alerted? how do you know that?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

I don’t like marmots push on naa, if there’s a deepwolf this game I’d loook Into marmot first if it comes to that, but I kinda think that him taking records of the voting logs during eod is pretty damn towny. I just tr naa more than marmot atm and dislike his push there
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: Nutella] aubergine
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if pg 54 is w/w from dizzy and spf the whole interaction just feels weird and neither is trying to solve each other despite actively thinking the other is wolfy and then they somehow end up on a lame anne vote
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Oh what next page they say they don’t fos each other wtf
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

this guys probably just town and i wish u played every game like this and we would probably never lose together
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ilario wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 1:14 am Honestly I wouldn’t be surprised if pg 54 is w/w from dizzy and spf the whole interaction just feels weird and neither is trying to solve each other despite actively thinking the other is wolfy and then they somehow end up on a lame anne vote
Or you could get over your omg dizzy scum thing cause it lame

Why no vote Anne?
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:41 pm

damn that's a pretty fucken insightful read bro lol
wow me and mac melding might mean he isnt maf lol

mac if ur town theres always a maf in dizzy or spf and i expect u to be able to figure out which after ive narrowed it down so much for you
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lime Coke wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:42 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:38 pm Yeah, I noticed that too. Though it speaks more to Jimmay being scum than Anne's alignment. I mean, Jimmay could be bussing or placing a vote on a town wagon. However, if I stretch a bit perhaps, he did ask questions that was framed more as "why is Anne town?" so that might be partnery. And then coming back to vote Anne anyway, maybe after contemplating bussing. But that's speculative. But I could see it.
Yeah but why doesn't he take me and Rabbit townreading Anne as an excuse to not vote her if they're partnered? Along the lines of "These 2 think Anne is town so I'll sheep them since they're active voices and they might be town" type of thing. Like I don't see why he would say he'll "Ponder about our townread of Anne" then proceed to literally vote her like 10 minutes later. That's not really "pondering" that's just "Toss a vote on a majority wagon."
It was clear he didn't really take into account what you two were saying anyhow. But if it was a bus vote or a vote on town, I don't know. I think it could be both.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Ilario, why are you lame?
cassandra
The Mark
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: she

Post by cassandra »

waza i prob won't post again tonight but please tell me why dizzy is maf without using meta cuz this feels like one of your katze reads
AKA your reads where you fos someone just bc they trick you as wolf the game before or bc you know they're a good wolf

Return to “Previous Rackets”