GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 317

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D2

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: P&G] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 37

Post by sig »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:22 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:21 pm I don't get the Belzy townreads
She derped. And it looked like a genuine derp in the moment. I haven't gone back to recheck it. I think she's probably towny in other ways, but tbh I just assumed the derp was real.

If someone can explain the Derp/scum slip and the resolution that would be great since just form this Belzy doesn’t look great
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 639
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

jpic who are you shielding again
DrWilgy
Posts in topic: 212

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:22 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:20 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:18 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:13 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:12 pm I’m gonna bury this post here because we’re not supposed to talk about this anymore but I want to because it actually touched a slight moral nerve when I was reading over it. No one actually bother to read this please, it’s just me grumbling.
Seriously don’t bother, it’s nothing new I’m adding.
Alexa did nothing wrong, and I feel like she was being mildly gaslit by NAA and maybe one or two others. Like it was a supposed *red check* and she had a shot – doesn’t matter that NAA said ‘but let’s wait till D2’ or whatever, no one was expecting a weird role like he’s now implied, and I would’ve done the exact same as Alexa, and I think many people would’ve. And saying things like ‘I take no responsibility’ ahead of time does not magically absolve you of responsibility.

I feel like people were trying to apportion blame ‘fairly’ and…no. I don’t want to say this is all NAA’s fault in the sense he’s anti-town, because by now it’s clear why he did what he did and there’s a logic to it. But it was frustrating me to backread the blame Alexa was getting when it was, IMO, very clearly undeserved.

I chalk it up to emotions running high from all parties and have no ill feelings of my own towards anyone, but I was reading over it on my breaks at work and getting annoyed, so I kinda wanted to post this for Alexa’s sake.

Anyway don’t @ me to reopen this can.
Actually, you're probably fine.
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:13 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 7:12 pm I’m gonna bury this post here because we’re not supposed to talk about this anymore but I want to because it actually touched a slight moral nerve when I was reading over it. No one actually bother to read this please, it’s just me grumbling.
Alexa did nothing wrong, and I feel like she was being mildly gaslit by NAA and maybe one or two others. Like it was a supposed *red check* and she had a shot – doesn’t matter that NAA said ‘but let’s wait till D2’ or whatever, no one was expecting a weird role like he’s now implied, and I would’ve done the exact same as Alexa, and I think many people would’ve. And saying things like ‘I take no responsibility’ ahead of time does not magically absolve you of responsibility.

I feel like people were trying to apportion blame ‘fairly’ and…no. I don’t want to say this is all NAA’s fault in the sense he’s anti-town, because by now it’s clear why he did what he did and there’s a logic to it. But it was frustrating me to backread the blame Alexa was getting when it was, IMO, very clearly undeserved.

I chalk it up to emotions running high from all parties and have no ill feelings of my own towards anyone, but I was reading over it on my breaks at work and getting annoyed, so I kinda wanted to post this for Alexa’s sake.

This is wolfy
hmmmmmmmmmmm
I don't know if MR does all that as mafia, it's like icky fake comforting? But actually, it's probably nothing or not really AI.
I think it's an easy wolf post if Alexa is town.
Also the Dizzy Woogy cross post on MR.

Nice. [VOTE: MR] aubergine
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:08 am
She derped. And it looked like a genuine derp in the moment. I haven't gone back to recheck it. I think she's probably towny in other ways, but tbh I just assumed the derp was real.

If someone can explain the Derp/scum slip and the resolution that would be great since just form this Belzy doesn’t look great
belzy is town for other reasons and tbh we're probably at the point where belzy dies some time later in the night so there's no use wasting effort on it
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

guillo, i think your wolf equity went up with dizzy's death, that's why I'm voting you

I'm probably not gonna be on much because I have to perform emergency surgery on a dog ASAP
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 617

Post by Justplayingitcool »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:04 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:04 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:00 am The list is pretty towny in general, so there weren't a lot of options. I think nutella is gaining scum equity but really probably can't have leveled up her game this much, Mac has standard townie energy, Dya shot a wolf, Belzy has mech. I'm not sure if I agree with your read that wolves are definitely on your wagon but to the extent that there might be wolves there they're almost certainly in these two names
remember that one hydra game
do you think it's the opposite of this
I seem to recall us having a convo in the hydra game when we were debating nutella's slot being scum because of level up, and then we lost. Maybe it's the same here but idk gut still says town
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:09 am
sig wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:08 am

belzy is town for other reasons and tbh we're probably at the point where belzy dies some time later in the night so there's no use wasting effort on it
I’ll take your word for it even though you could be mafia. :ninja:
ImageImage
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:08 am jpic who are you shielding again
Creature

and maybe c4. possibly belzy too. I'll forgive their vote on me
Guillotine
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 400
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: King of Bastard Games

Post by Guillotine »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:04 am
Guillotine wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:02 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:00 am The list is pretty towny in general, so there weren't a lot of options. I think nutella is gaining scum equity but really probably can't have leveled up her game this much, Mac has standard townie energy, Dya shot a wolf, Belzy has mech. I'm not sure if I agree with your read that wolves are definitely on your wagon but to the extent that there might be wolves there they're almost certainly in these two names
If there are no wolves on my wagon, why do you think my wagon is getting traction?
I think you haven't entirely grokked that everyone has 8 votes and so having 6 votes on you is about the equivalent of having like one vote on you normally. The interactions with Dizzy look bad enough for you that some townies are throwing a vote there without thinking much about it. there's also some bs about alexa that I didn't understand

that said, I'll say that I find it somewhat unlikely that there are /no/ wolves on your wagon
From my point of view, Dizzy shaded my suspicion on Nutella/Alexa it was day 1 and it was a committed post to make for day 1, so there is definitely a wolf in nutella/alexa. Dizzy also knows that i can read him based on interactions with him, so he threw a townread at me to get me to take my my guard down because the last game we played here, he did the same, i pushed them for it and they flipped town.
Awards

Played
Image Image Image Image Image Image

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also just wondering have we discussed or discounted the idea of Miller roles?

Like do we really have this many dead townies or could some be mafia
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Also I'm still lunch candidate Numero uno I see. Why is that?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

worth noting that dizzy's vote was on three of the four top wagons rn

don't know if dizzy does that normally if multiple of those are wolves
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

sig wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:10 am Also just wondering have we discussed or discounted the idea of Miller roles?

Like do we really have this many dead townies or could some be mafia
Doubt the flips are fake
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:10 am Also I'm still lunch candidate Numero uno I see. Why is that?
Since you’re not posting enough
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:10 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:08 am jpic who are you shielding again
Creature

ok got it i will believe you and make fun of you when they all flip wolves
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:10 am Also I'm still lunch candidate Numero uno I see. Why is that?
because you're probs town
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:09 am

This is wolfy
hmmmmmmmmmmm
I don't know if MR does all that as mafia, it's like icky fake comforting? But actually, it's probably nothing or not really AI.

Highly doubt MR is Maf. Meta claim on MR being town
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Derps can be faked, i intentionally and fully knowingly derp as both alignments to try to clear myself, more as town because why not, im town.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Spacedaisy wrote: Mon Feb 21, 2022 12:05 am My interaction with Guillo was pocketed town talking to a wolf who had her fooled.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: UNVOTe wilgy, vote c4] aubergine
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:11 am worth noting that dizzy's vote was on three of the four top wagons rn

don't know if dizzy does that normally if multiple of those are wolves
If scum set up a hard line between players they’re voting there otherwise they’ve got enough vote power right now to vote as a unit and swing the entire situation so it’s all Civs in the second phase of voting.

Just based off this I’d say we’re way off and shouldn’t be going for anyone Dizzy voted on who’s leading, look at the Dizzy votes that have no supports as potential teammates and find new people
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

So

Wilgy
Papopa
Sig
Sabie

Maybe TSP

Shouldn’t be chopped/moved to next round.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:11 am
I've posted quite abit. I feel that people are eager to go "eh, wolf" on me.

Not that I'm opposed to that, but I do think it's in towns best interest to put in more effort on my assessment. I suppose that's the only reason I raise this.
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also why does it seem like the most mislynched/not active players are being moved on that’s just silly
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:15 am So

Wilgy
Papopa
Sig
Sabie

Maybe TSP

I have a nagging feeling that Dizzy had 1 teammate in the top wagons. He would want some town cred for a Maf flip
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:15 am

Not that I'm opposed to that, but I do think it's in towns best interest to put in more effort on my assessment. I suppose that's the only reason I raise this.
Oh really?

Also you missed the joke see since I’ve got like 8 posts and I said you weren’t posting enough. ;(

My humor is lost amongst a sea of seriousness and a tsunami of posts
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

i sorta agree with sig on this one
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:12 am

This is wolfy
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmm...

Aye, but I think I've seen MR play like this as both town and wolf. So at least there's nothing discernable to me.

What is the key difference that I haven't seen yet.
Image Image Image
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:11 am
Justplayingitcool wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:10 am
Creature

ok got it i will believe you and make fun of you when they all flip wolves
Wouldn’t be the first time i make a fool of myself in a mafia game
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:16 am Also why does it seem like the most mislynched/not active players are being moved on that’s just silly
everyone has 8 votes and half the votes go for the top people and half the votes go for randos and then the top people and up being the quiet people because everyone suspects different randos
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:16 am
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:15 am

Oh really?

Also you missed the joke see since I’ve got like 8 posts and I said you weren’t posting enough. ;(

My humor is lost amongst a sea of seriousness and a tsunami of posts
Sorry Sig. I'm sleepy. You'll get me with the next one.
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:16 am

Wilgy
Papopa
Sig
Sabie

Maybe TSP

I have a nagging feeling that Dizzy had 1 teammate in the top wagons. He would want some town cred for a Maf flip
Numerically I guess could see one, since again if only one mafia moves into a round of 8 with 4 dead they can still save them.

It just kinda seems like with my limited reading that people are being very like disengaged almost when it comes to the fact we could loose four civs soon
ImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

it's somewhat a question of who was a viable wagon when dizzy voted too, it's close to impossible to place (close to) 8 votes without hitting a scum buddy
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

unvoting wilgy
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:17 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:12 am

This is wolfy
hmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmm...

Aye, but I think I've seen MR play like this as both town and wolf. So at least there's nothing discernable to me.

What is the key difference that I haven't seen yet.
It's his tone and earnestness. It's hard to describe exactly, but I'll be shocked if he's Maf
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Wilgy
Papopa
Sig
Sabie

Maybe TSP

Why post your name there? It is implied that you'd consider yourself not choppable no?
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Wilgy
Papopa
Sig
Sabie

Maybe TSP

I'd be abit hard pressed to move off Pao or Sabie.

I'm feeling better on TSP for some reason since Dizzy flip.
Image Image Image
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

today's a good day to kill mac and nutella and alexa and sloonei and flip four wolves if wolves chose people and not roles
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:17 am
sig wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:16 am Also why does it seem like the most mislynched/not active players are being moved on that’s just silly
everyone has 8 votes and half the votes go for the top people and half the votes go for randos and then the top people and up being the quiet people because everyone suspects different randos
Ah okay as long as the plans not to vote off the quiet people I’m more okay with that, but it just seems to easy to say once we get to the 8. “Let’s just get rid of the never posters/wall flowers”
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 am

Wilgy
Papopa
Sig
Sabie

Maybe TSP

Why post your name there? It is implied that you'd consider yourself not choppable no?
I listed the players with top votes who dizzy votes for. Better to list myself by name then say me imo
ImageImage
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:18 am it's somewhat a question of who was a viable wagon when dizzy voted too, it's close to impossible to place (close to) 8 votes without hitting a scum buddy
Maybe that is how i can contribute to this game, identifying who could be scum in those 8 or if they all are spewed town by Dizzy.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:21 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:18 am it's somewhat a question of who was a viable wagon when dizzy voted too, it's close to impossible to place (close to) 8 votes without hitting a scum buddy
Maybe that is how i can contribute to this game, identifying who could be scum in those 8 or if they all are spewed town by Dizzy.
I can work with a narrowed down list
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

sig wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:18 am
falcon45ca wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:16 am

Wilgy
Papopa
Sig
Sabie

Maybe TSP

Numerically I guess could see one, since again if only one mafia moves into a round of 8 with 4 dead they can still save them.

It just kinda seems like with my limited reading that people are being very like disengaged almost when it comes to the fact we could loose four civs soon
I don't disagree. Imma take a closer look at the top wagons and see what I can see
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Guillotine wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:21 am
ok go for it, dizzy's final votes are still up in the poll
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 am today's a good day to kill mac and nutella and alexa and sloonei and flip four wolves if wolves chose people and not roles
Mac needs far more attention IMO
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

zzzzzzz
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:19 am today's a good day to kill mac and nutella and alexa and sloonei and flip four wolves if wolves chose people and not roles
Given it is a champions game and how close you are as a community, im certain the captain chose people. I would not have passed that opportunity up to build my dream scum team.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
Guillotine
Racketeer

Post by Guillotine »

If i was a wolf, my team would be really obvious.
Awards

Played

Hosted

Quotes
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Yeah, of the top wagons Imma say Sabie is Dizzy's partner.

Why is Porscha getting no attention?
Justplayingitcool
Racketeer

i just doubt it's as simple as the captain picking the strongest scum players

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”