Moderator: Community Team

Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Re: Mafia Misplay Mafia

Post by Achromatic »

I am about to play some trials of mana. Fantastic game tbh.

Anyway I stand by all of my town reads so far although some have varied in strength.
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 1255
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:07 pm
Porscha wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:06 pm
risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:05 pm
outed wolf wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:04 pm Really not sure why people village read lily.
comfortable in thread. meta. not awkward.

i mean, honestly, i checked their most recent wolf game and i think there's still a relatively big difference between their town and wolf games.
what difference did you see
i think they're much more tonally awkward in their wolf game and step more carefully around in their posts.

reads arent as free flowing
I didn't get that vibe.

She was widely tr by everyone in the game in the start.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:08 pm I am about to play some trials of mana. Fantastic game tbh.

Anyway I stand by all of my town reads so far although some have varied in strength.
Which ones
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 493

Post by MacDougall »

@Achromatic what are your current reads?
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 691
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Alright I'm gonna nap before work and than go to work and than probably do some work and then I'll be back
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 621
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:49 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:59 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:58 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:49 pm The people being pressured seem to not care at all about being pressured. So that's interesting
Is that generally more towny or scummy in your opinion? Or just NAI?

I have an answer but wanna see what you think.
ok. There's little resistance to the existing wagons (achro, santy, ender), no other wagons have really been floated to take pressure off of any of them, and "we" seem to be collectively going "meh these chops are fine" which is basically because they're just less town read than other people are.

I think that there not being push-back or reversed pressure to change the wagons means either we're on the right path with at least one of them (possibly two doubt all three) OR we've got three townies wagoned and wolves don't give a fuck.

Achro seems to be pretty passively accepting of his wagon. I don't know his wolf game, I've never seen it, but this doesn't jibe with what I've seen of his town game. I do know he's had a lot of games lately and that can lead to a shifting of process and whatnot to be more idgaf about things so I'm reluctant to push him solely on that. I do think he's got wolf potential.

Santygrass is taking the "come at me bro" strategy of dealing with wolf reads and wagons. Funny enough though I don't recall Santy snarking back towards people who aren't me. Not sure how I feel about that. I served him up a softball earlier that wasn't even swung at in fact santy leaned into "my iso is shit" vs trying to pull anything that would indicate caring or solving. That seems antithetical to what town in that position would be trying to do. I get he might be busy so I'm not saying some kind of volume or presence read, but combine lack of presence with lack of content and I come to skating by. Def can be chopped, is probably a wolf.

Then there's Ender who dropped off a cliff once he started receiving some legitimate pressure instead of just "ender bad" but "ender bad and here's why" and while I don't associate that with his wolf game (I towned against his wolf in a game on The Org) it's not anything I associate with his town game either. I compared Santy to Ladd earlier and said "Ender is the only one who'd recognize this" but I lied. Visor would as well as he hosted that game. Dunno how much spec he was doing but I think that's worth pointing out.

Then there's some additional wagons that weren't there, or weren't leading at the time I last looked at the thread:

Jackofhearts - I get this wagon. He hasn't posted, killing him is a-ok with me.

Macdougall - I town read this ausie sonuva and I get lots don't, I'm not sure I care much about that though.
Neither of these two players care at all about their wagons but I can't read into that. Jack b/c he hasn't posted and Mac b/c he literally never cares.

I think we're right on two of {achro, ender, santy} at most, very likely only one, and very likely it's not achro. If we were right on all three there would be more wagon ideas floated than there currently are, mac/jack I don't think count, but it's super convenient that there's a zero poster isn't it?

I think it's more town indicative than wolf indicative. Problem is I can't clear/solve santy or ender as they're currently posting. Achro at least is giving us content.
the start of this post made me town read you and all the rest made me wolf read you lol
bored enough to explain this

Basically I've noticed too the way wagons have been pretty boring, obviously with my flash wagon comments I was hoping we'd get 10, 13, maybe even up to 20 votes on someone, but the most that's happened is like 4, and that's a really pathetic number. So there's an easy conclusion you take from that:

Wolves aren't really being that pressured, because then you would get more intrigue, maybe more pressure to get a higher vote wagon or just wolf votes contributing to that. Instead what we have is like, nothing. And HK doesn't really seem to agree

HK says
I think that there not being push-back or reversed pressure to change the wagons means either we're on the right path with at least one of them (possibly two doubt all three) OR we've got three townies wagoned and wolves don't give a fuck.
which also on it's own doesn't really make sense to me, because why would 1-2 wolves being wagoned not be cause for push back or pressure other places? And especially when you look at these wagons, none of Ender/Achro/Santy are actually pushing each other. Idk, I was thinking about it and figure it's just too early in the day to really care, but like the only thing I could figure about the wagons was that it's less likely any particular person here is a wolf and HK just feels like he misses that/glossed over it to keep things the way they are in a bad way
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: snow

Post by risiinq- »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:09 pm
outed wolf wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:04 pm Really not sure why people village read lily.

i mean, honestly, i checked their most recent wolf game and i think there's still a relatively big difference between their town and wolf games.
i think they're much more tonally awkward in their wolf game and step more carefully around in their posts.

I didn't get that vibe.

being tr'ed by people is different from seeing that she has different meta in hindsight
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think it's rather likely the entire wolfteam currently has 0 votes on them going by the gamestate feeling at present and the fact that the majority of the players with 0 votes on them are the least impactful and present slots.

can certainly be one of those games where town are just talking past one another and biting at things that aren't there.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:10 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:09 pm

I didn't get that vibe.

being tr'ed by people is different from seeing that she has different meta in hindsight
But the thing is I read the game before she flipped/knew her alignment so it didn't colored my read.

Her play style was towny. She only fumbled towards end game time.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tbf to this half the reason I've not read it is because imo first wolf game > second wolf game is usually a pretty big leap, especially if you just look at lily's town games in general. Plus by the sounds of it her wolf team got her down a bit and playing with a hype wolf team can make people post a lot better. Idk if I've seen any analysis from her this game I'd say is like, never wolf or close to it, it's been fine though but yeah
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

you mean in {esooa, outed wolf, me, sabi, drwiggly, nanook, lily, hk}?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:11 pm I think it's rather likely the entire wolfteam currently has 0 votes on them going by the gamestate feeling at present and the fact that the majority of the players with 0 votes on them are the least impactful and present slots.

can certainly be one of those games where town are just talking past one another and biting at things that aren't there.
you mean the thing I just said and wolf read HK for not saying? Wanna give me like a cookie and a town read or something?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Town in mostly order

Porscha
Sabi
Wilgy
Snow
Nook
Neon
Eoosa
Hk
Lily
Santy

Haven't liked Mac day 1 obv. Ender I feel has been a shadow on the wall. Outed hasn't done much either way but their overdramatic line is puzzling. Jack is null obv

I tend to expect that 1 of my list has tricked me but I never know until like day 3 lol
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

How tf am I not impactful
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:12 pm

tbf to this half the reason I've not read it is because imo first wolf game > second wolf game is usually a pretty big leap, especially if you just look at lily's town games in general. Plus by the sounds of it her wolf team got her down a bit and playing with a hype wolf team can make people post a lot better. Idk if I've seen any analysis from her this game I'd say is like, never wolf or close to it, it's been fine though but yeah
fair enough, and im not saying lily is polarized, tbh, bcuz i think they're a great mafia player. i just think this is their town game based off of what i /have/ seen based on meta, but also seperately
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

i would vote nanook out of the people who have 0 votes on them right now
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 653

Post by Porscha »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:14 pm i would vote nanook out of the people who have 0 votes on them right now
I'd probs go OW
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

i would've gone outed wolf but i thought their reads were fine and i liked how they were switching their votes around

also think tehy wouldve played this game differently as wolf but that's just a personal no-one-else-will-understand read
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:14 pm i would vote nanook out of the people who have 0 votes on them right now
careful when I did that the entire game lost their shit at me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:13 pm Town in mostly order

Porscha
Sabi
Wilgy
Snow
Nook
Neon
Eoosa
Hk
Lily
Santy

Haven't liked Mac day 1 obv. Ender I feel has been a shadow on the wall. Outed hasn't done much either way but their overdramatic line is puzzling. Jack is null obv

I tend to expect that 1 of my list has tricked me but I never know until like day 3 lol
I am overwhelmingly confident you are mafia and will not be moving my vote. Good luck in the forthcoming conflict.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:17 pm
careful when I did that the entire game lost their shit at me
I just wanted to know why you did it
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:17 pm i would've gone outed wolf but i thought their reads were fine and i liked how they were switching their votes around

also think tehy wouldve played this game differently as wolf but that's just a personal no-one-else-will-understand read
I have seen wolf and town visor.

They are the same.

He's not polarized.
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

like, i saw outed wolf switch silently to achro for a while, then to lily (when they asked why everyone would townread them) and then back to achro

seems natural and not performative, as i dont think they as wolf would /expect/ someone to watch the votecounts and townread them bcuz of that
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:18 pm

Porscha
Sabi
Wilgy
Snow
Nook
Neon
Eoosa
Hk
Lily
Santy

I am overwhelmingly confident you are mafia and will not be moving my vote. Good luck in the forthcoming conflict.
Eh you can just kill me if you can manage it. I will play video games and root for town's success while Alison tells me all the things I did wrong lol
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Porscha
Sabi
Wilgy
Snow
Nook
Neon
Eoosa
Hk
Lily
Santy

lol what, then what was up with you wolves have 0 votes comment
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:18 pm
risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:17 pm i would've gone outed wolf but i thought their reads were fine and i liked how they were switching their votes around

I have seen wolf and town visor.

They are the same.

He's not polarized.
sabi, i know no one is really polarized, i am not saying that.

but that doesnt mean i wont be able to make reads on them because of that.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by outed wolf »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:18 pm like, i saw outed wolf switch silently to achro for a while, then to lily (when they asked why everyone would townread them) and then back to achro

seems natural and not performative, as i dont think they as wolf would /expect/ someone to watch the votecounts and townread them bcuz of that
Damn, villagery read. Well spotted and used if you're a wolf.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:18 pm like, i saw outed wolf switch silently to achro for a while, then to lily (when they asked why everyone would townread them) and then back to achro

one could alternatively do it to avoid being sr'd instead of the intent of being tr'd
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Or he didn't announce it as w!visor wants to avoid the attention. He tends to play under the radar.

So him not announcing is NAI because it's his play style in general
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

outed wolf wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:19 pm

really though?
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:20 pm

Or he didn't announce it as w!visor wants to avoid the attention. He tends to play under the radar.

everything can hypothetically be nai lol..
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:19 pm

Porscha
Sabi
Wilgy
Snow
Nook
Neon
Eoosa
Hk
Lily
Santy

Eh you can just kill me if you can manage it. I will play video games and root for town's success while Alison tells me all the things I did wrong lol
Alison is ruthless in the dvc
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

lol I don't agree with any of these explanations

Sometimes wolves do things because.. the goal of being a wolf is to play the game as if you're a villager? Like what, OW is suddenly going to call his votes as a wolf when he doesn't as town? I don't even remember if he does, but vote calling or not is a pretty weird thing to read into
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by outed wolf »

Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:20 pm

really though?
Good enough for me for D1 at least. Unless someone has a compelling argument as to why they're a wolf.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

really though?
w/w esooa / ow interaction
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:21 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:20 pm

everything can hypothetically be nai lol..
I'm just saying he's not a flashy player. He plays under the radar. So your read on him silently moving his vote around isn't AI. It's just playstyle.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:21 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:19 pm

Porscha
Sabi
Wilgy
Snow
Nook
Neon
Eoosa
Hk
Lily
Santy

Alison is ruthless in the dvc
Tbf I have hee blocked on discord most of the time so my joke amused me.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

there's also just the fact I'd be really surprised if any wolf thought silently moving their vote is ever like... idk how people talk about it, way to get out of pressure or like silently contribute to a wagon with no accountability? But for the wagon to be pressured someone has to see your vote on it lol and etc
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

outed wolf wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:22 pm

really though?
Good enough for me for D1 at least. Unless someone has a compelling argument as to why they're a wolf.
I think we all know nobody has a good reason to sr snow right now
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

really though?
just don't think it's a good read from risiinq lol
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 809
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

Lilypetal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:02 pm
Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:53 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:22 pm
risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:20 pm
Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:18 pm
risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:13 pm i unironically think achro/mac is a difference check for no reason whatsoever and its making my head hurt
The only world I see Mac w is in is if achro is w.

Just because I have seen achro do the same things as wolf before to a partner.
hmm yeah, i was considering a w/w possibility too but i dont think this immediately means a mac w achro v possibility doesnt exist

i kinda feel like there /is/ one wolf in there though.

it's hard to explain tho, ill see how it pans out
Ehh I could see them both as V imo
In order of likelihood prob a at this rn

V!Achro / W!Mac = V!Achro / V! Mac > W!Achro / V!Mac > W!Achro / W!Mac .

Very deep analysis
can't read this I failed my logic class sorry
ur the smartest person i know so this is a lie = wolf esooa

logic
Maybe just because they are smart is that they cant understand the logic that is born from the purest skill issue that is me.
Or because my formatting also sucks, lol.
Cause they are town.
Source: Trust me bro
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I view visor moving their vote around silently as a visor tell tbh
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

Porscha wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:22 pm

really though?
I think we all know nobody has a good reason to sr snow right now
yeah i'm just too towny
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

really though?
Because it was not an accurate read of how you play. Kinda made her look worse.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:23 pm I view visor moving their vote around silently as a visor tell tbh
yea basically
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:23 pm

really though?
if you have problems with it because you don't think it means i'm town, thats fine

if you have problems with it because you don't think it's a *good* read i can explain it more or we can agree to disagree
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

... I am not seeing how anyone can tr snowy off that explanation lol
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabi please know if you push snow after I die I will be annoyed at you from dvc. Snow please quote this if they do this.
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 809
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

I feel like I skipped a page or something wtf
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:24 pm
Esooa wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:23 pm

really though?
if you have problems with it because you don't think it means i'm town, thats fine

if you have problems with it because you don't think it's a *good* read i can explain it more or we can agree to disagree
both lol

Return to “Previous Hustles”