Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 550

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by Porscha »

lucy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:30 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:27 pm
lucy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:25 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:24 pm @MacDougall - can you give me a rough estimate of how confident you are that nanook is town? i find it difficult to get alignment indicative information out of pretty much anything he has posted so far and most of his posts have gone straight through me, which is somewhat unusual because im usually able to figure out when he's town pretty quickly. are you confident there?
I have a gut read on scum nook btw
what other reads do u have rn?
I was expecting you to die and for Mac to unsuccessfully push Alison
since this is not happening my gamestate is off
I know a few things that I have to think more about
Lily should still be in POE @Creature I don't see how she doesn't listen to me in that scenario, and if I'm wrong she just blames me
in the nicest way possible, who cares about what you said to her? if you told me to do something i probably wouldn't listen either lmfao. why are you acting like lily's own decision making is intentionally malicious towards you?
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Spoiler: show
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:54 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:24 pm @MacDougall - can you give me a rough estimate of how confident you are that nanook is town? i find it difficult to get alignment indicative information out of pretty much anything he has posted so far and most of his posts have gone straight through me, which is somewhat unusual because im usually able to figure out when he's town pretty quickly. are you confident there?
Lily should still be in POE @Creature I don't see how she doesn't listen to me in that scenario, and if I'm wrong she just blames me
in the nicest way possible, who cares about what you said to her? if you told me to do something i probably wouldn't listen either lmfao. why are you acting like lily's own decision making is intentionally malicious towards you?
because we're masons
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Neon wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:40 pm
Hmm...I was thinking this after EoD but nobody seemed to be SRing him so I dropped it
yesterday boq asked me who i'd vote for and I said him or nook and someone asked me why nook too. all I ever do is vibe read nook but I think I have a pretty good read rate on him simply based off that. i'm open to a wolf nook world right now but I am also open to him showing himself as town as the game progresses. I don't think I felt that way about him based on a logical standpoint, so my read on him is subject to vary right now
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:54 pm
because we're masons
like actually? lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Neon wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:54 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:51 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:49 pm yeah sorry alison ur just not someone who would understand me if ur town
Then I'm just going to leave you as hard POE in my legacy because the way you make decisions is a liability even if you are town and I do not trust you in endgame at all.
Your really REALLY gonna hate me than
alison hates all gamers
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:01 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 9:49 pm yeah sorry alison ur just not someone who would understand me if ur town
Then I'm just going to leave you as hard POE in my legacy because the way you make decisions is a liability even if you are town and I do not trust you in endgame at all.
alison hates all gamers
honestly alison uses that argument for literally anybody she refuses to make mental space for to make reads. if you don't do it her way, screw you, and there's no remorse. lol
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

anyway still catching up
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:00 pm
because we're masons
like actually? lol
no i have literally no idea why she would say that abt me
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362

Post by Creature »

Lilypetal's play here feels bizarre from a wolf perspective. Though sometimes I still get bothered that I'm noy used to Lilypetal playing like this. I wonder if it's Syndicate's behavior altering elixir in action.
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

i think part of the problem with this game is that i'm struggling to establish a foundation of people that i trust, and all of my thoughts more disjointed than they usually are

i think that mac is blatant town and the way he has played over the last ~2 hours or so cement that fact. i don't think his push on alison comes out in the specific way that it has (or with the level of conviction that it has) in a world where he's mafia

i'm struggling to come to alison being a wolf for a couple of reasons:

1. if alison is mafia, who reasonably has partner equity with her? the momentum against her yesterday came almost exclusively from a pool of people that i perceive as likely containing a high number of wolves, and most of these were players were widely POE'd yesterday as well (ie: Nanook, Neon, Porscha,, Seanzie,, RondoDimBuckle all had their votes on alison toward the end of the day and were among the earliest to push against her)

so, in a world where the wolves are being correctly widely POE'd by the rest of the game and are in an unstable thread position, why on earth would they decide to hardbus alison? what would they gain from bussing one of the strongest players in the game who could easily endgame as a wolf? what tangible benefit would they get from it?

the alternative is that alison actually is mafia and her partners voted to protect her on d1, but this would require that:

A. my view of the game is upside down and there are multiple wolves contained within like, (mac, lily, lucy, aro), etc

B. the wolves were willing to go hard to protect alison on d1 with the full awareness that they would look bad in a world where she inevitably flipped W

this doesn't seem like a risk that most wolf teams would be willing to take, and i actually suspect that alison is the type of player who would ASK to be bussed in the position she was in on d1, but i don't see any viable bussers for her that wouldn't have been stupidly suicidal/playing against the win condition of their team to try to bury her on d1

2. i just don't find her posts that wolfy. maybe this is a skill issue on my part, and maybe my mind will change once i read mac's posts about alison more thoroughly, but i just don't! she is much more assertive and forceful with her reads than she was in the spec chat inviational, in which she was extremely passive and barely made moves to influence the threadstate. she is much more naturally suspicious of me even though she would almost want to pocket me in a world where she's a wolf and i'm incorrectly defending her. and in general, i don't find the reasons i've seen to scumread her (outside of some of mac's points) to be compelling or good.....at all

so yeah idk, im trying my best to conceptualize analison wolf world but i can't really shake the feeling that she's more likely to be town than not. there have been multiple times in recent memory where i had a correct read and the entire gamestate was telling me i was wrong and i ended up being right anyway - i don't really want to doubt my instincts even though i'm aware that i'm creating quite the hole for myself in a world where alison is W

porscha is still a wide target of suspicion among most people here, but i am similarly struggling to grasp what the case on her is. i agree that some of her posts in early d1 felt fake and like they came from a wolf that is going through the motions, but i think she has significantly improved from the middle of d1- nward, even if i'm not confident about her being town. i think that i need a specific case against porscha in order for me to get to a world where she's a wolf, because as of now i would describe her posts as being: "broadly fine"

i want to write a paragraph for every player here but im losing energy so im just gonna post it
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:14 pm idk why I'm being associated with Porscha. I've stated multiple times near the end of the day that I preferred voting Porscha over falcon. I moved to falcon when Porscha was no longer viable and I wanted to both save Alison and prevent a tie.
maybe b/c I tr'd you pretty early on like I did with falcon and sean? idk
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i feel pretty confident about mac and lily and aro being town. i think boq might be town too. i'm kind of struggling to get a solid grasp on the game beyond that.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:05 pm Lilypetal's play here feels bizarre from a wolf perspective. Though sometimes I still get bothered that I'm noy used to Lilypetal playing like this. I wonder if it's Syndicate's behavior altering elixir in action.
can you explain what u mean?

i definitely do play a little diff on this site idk it's like something abt the layout it's less comfy
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:17 pm [VOTE: Porscha] aubergine

Alright if you all think Porscha is wolf.

Saying I am most likely her partner feels like pretty random though.
yeah i'm not sure game wise that voting me over the actual counterwagon to falcon yesterday is the best gamer move but w/e keep sheeping the reads
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:20 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:19 pm
lucy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:17 pm spf and creature, game theory wise do we Lynch the cw?
We shouldn't restrict our lynch options today. It's not set in stone Alison is wolf and I feel like wolves are skating under the radar while we eat each other.
Maybe you just don't actually realise how bad this is but not killing the counterwagon on day 2 is the number 1 thing that leads to town losing mountainous games. Nothing else comes close.
this conversation is about to tilt me out based on another game i'm in. sigh
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:21 pm
lucy wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:17 pm spf and creature, game theory wise do we Lynch the cw?
We shouldn't restrict our lynch options today. It's not set in stone Alison is wolf and I feel like wolves are skating under the radar while we eat each other.
Maybe you just don't actually realise how bad this is but not killing the counterwagon on day 2 is the number 1 thing that leads to town losing mountainous games. Nothing else comes close.
can you explain why? as someone still fairly new I don't know the theory on this stuff
oh you're making me mad rn for real lmao
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:13 pm
can you explain why? as someone still fairly new I don't know the theory on this stuff
L O L i just giggled like a fucking idiot
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

yeah i feel like porscha gets shaded a lot for meh reasons when it's just like her personality. I don't think she's been wolfy at all recently
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:35 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:22 pm
Alison wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:18 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:15 pm wtf Alison I feel like you're doing mental gymnastics now.
Ok so who is mafia with Porscha?
I'm trying to figure out who else can be mafia (not necessarily aligned with Porscha). If Porscha flips wolf I'd prob look at who pushed falcon over Porscha before the wagons were trimmed down to you v falcon.
Creature you can say my name.
idk you were the one who actually started the falcon wagon, but a lot of other players jumped on falcon over Porscha.

I guess staypositivefriend was one of them. There was also lucy, Lilypetal and Neon but I have reasons to townread them. Dunno who else.

Weirdly Porscha was voting Alison all of yesterday's EOD.
I was working on the clock trying to prevent getting tunneled and needed to self pres while checking in and out of the rapidly paced eod. honestly didn't realize falcon was even wagon until lucy pointed it out and I responded that I had a pretty good TR on falcon. I would not have voted falcon over alison there regardless since I TR falcon and did not have a TR on alison
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:39 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:32 pm We should prob focus on building a good towncore and narrow down the POE a little. I feel like we're too over the place.

My firm townreads last night were arogame123, Lilypetal, lucy and Neon.

I'm asking you all what do you make out of Lilypetal's and Neon's wagon movements yesterday which pretty much risked a nolynch. I thought Lilypetal switching to a vanity wagon was TWTBW and also I feel like she panicked when falcon45ca posted like a dying town EOD. Neon is roughly the same but I think she comes off as more robotic to me.

arogame123 really had some pretty solvy posts at some points. I only wonder if he is deeping here.

lucy I townread mostly for repeatedly posting the VC at yesterday's EOD. It just felt like something lucy wouldn't bother doing as wolf.
Thoughts on this?

Also I feel like no one else has said anything about Lily's and Neon's movements yesterday.
lily's and neon's movements have been discussed. perhaps you missed the conversation. it included conversation about how their votes factored into eod when nook was the basis for their vote movements. perhaps something to be considered.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:03 pm

because we're masons
like actually? lol
well she said she thinks town you just sheeps her. is that something you've done in the past to make her think that? or does she just have inflated self importance?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:15 pm
Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:13 pm
L O L i just giggled like a fucking idiot
lol T_T
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:09 pm i feel pretty confident about mac and lily and aro being town. i think boq might be town too. i'm kind of struggling to get a solid grasp on the game beyond that.
why boq town?
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:15 pm yeah i feel like porscha gets shaded a lot for meh reasons when it's just like her personality. I don't think she's been wolfy at all recently
I do not get shaded I get tunneled

thought I was mostly past this issue I have as a player but I guess i'm back in it baybeeeee

(I am in pain)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:26 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:09 pm i feel pretty confident about mac and lily and aro being town. i think boq might be town too. i'm kind of struggling to get a solid grasp on the game beyond that.
why boq town?
-when he was being wagoned by 4-5 people and it looked like he was in serious contention to go over, he decided to vote and push on me, one of his biggest defenders, for not defending him strongly enough. if boq is a wolf then his choice to push on one of the few people defending him would be completely contrary to a self-preservation mindset, and it would risk alienating one of the few people who had a good chance at saving him

-he got salty and passive aggressive about being voted in a way that i kind of don't think he would as wolf tbh - the entitlement/feeling of being "wronged" in the post is a specific mindset that i think a wolf typically struggles to replicate. i'm thinking of posts like this one:
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:56 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:47 pm
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:37 pm @Creature
Is it your town tell or something to ignore my questions and refuse to engage with me in a meaningful manner on the syndicate? You did that the last time we played here and you wolf read me until I was finally NK'd.

You also wrote in the spec chat game "it is too early to town read Boq" (which is what made me town read you).

So like, I am town reading you now again, but what gives tbh?
In Halvosen Ridge I ignored you until day 3 when I had both you and JJJ as wolves. Since I was right on JJJ being wolf and another town died also believing you two were wolves, I thought you were wolf until like the day before you died. In spec chat game all I did say was that you shluldn't be cleared too easily. Yet I ignored you and you ended up dying anyway.

I remember someone commenting in Halvosen Ridge that you seemed "lone". I also remember in spec chat you were forming actual reads and ended up coming with a readslist. I'm not seeing either things his game, your votes look kinda meh (Porscha is one vote I had in mind), it feels like you're doing lip job service instead of solving (like saying "we should go for someone not solving" and coming with a quick-made list) and hence why I'm concerned about you.
Wtf I have formed several reads this game, produced a read list, and actively engaged with several players. I have pushed Porscha to form a more concrete read, an action that cant be said about many players currently. You are taking 1 post of plenty to mischaracterise my whole play. Also, that list was correct and is also made to make people say something. Neon, Nook and Porscha had all complaints about the list

You complain about nothing happening yet you do nothing to affect the game. You push me and say I am doing nothing when I am the player who is creating the most splash in the thread tbh. I have formed more actual reads than the majority of this game tbqh.

but sure, maybe i should just go
lel i am town
oh u vote me now i will vote u
gn solving hard
i like trains
i picked flowers yesterday
pushing me is a crime against society tbh
i wonder what movie i should watch
cyndaquil is a good starter
poop penis tv show tbh
Am I town read now? I am out of my wolf range tbh

also cold to ignore me like that tbh, have i done something?
-he generally just came off as one of the most invested solvers on d1 at a stage when lots of people were slanking and it would have been very easy for him to sit back and ~blend in~ with the rest of the thread as a wolf

who do u think the mafia is?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:25 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:03 pm

because we're masons
like actually? lol
well she said she thinks town you just sheeps her. is that something you've done in the past to make her think that? or does she just have inflated self importance?
not that i can ever remember

in our recent games she was very afk
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:08 pm i think part of the problem with this game is that i'm struggling to establish a foundation of people that i trust, and all of my thoughts more disjointed than they usually are

i think that mac is blatant town and the way he has played over the last ~2 hours or so cement that fact. i don't think his push on alison comes out in the specific way that it has (or with the level of conviction that it has) in a world where he's mafia

i'm struggling to come to alison being a wolf for a couple of reasons:

1. if alison is mafia, who reasonably has partner equity with her? the momentum against her yesterday came almost exclusively from a pool of people that i perceive as likely containing a high number of wolves, and most of these were players were widely POE'd yesterday as well (ie: Nanook, Neon, Porscha,, Seanzie,, RondoDimBuckle all had their votes on alison toward the end of the day and were among the earliest to push against her)

so, in a world where the wolves are being correctly widely POE'd by the rest of the game and are in an unstable thread position, why on earth would they decide to hardbus alison? what would they gain from bussing one of the strongest players in the game who could easily endgame as a wolf? what tangible benefit would they get from it?

the alternative is that alison actually is mafia and her partners voted to protect her on d1, but this would require that:

A. my view of the game is upside down and there are multiple wolves contained within like, (mac, lily, lucy, aro), etc

B. the wolves were willing to go hard to protect alison on d1 with the full awareness that they would look bad in a world where she inevitably flipped W

this doesn't seem like a risk that most wolf teams would be willing to take, and i actually suspect that alison is the type of player who would ASK to be bussed in the position she was in on d1, but i don't see any viable bussers for her that wouldn't have been stupidly suicidal/playing against the win condition of their team to try to bury her on d1

2. i just don't find her posts that wolfy. maybe this is a skill issue on my part, and maybe my mind will change once i read mac's posts about alison more thoroughly, but i just don't! she is much more assertive and forceful with her reads than she was in the spec chat inviational, in which she was extremely passive and barely made moves to influence the threadstate. she is much more naturally suspicious of me even though she would almost want to pocket me in a world where she's a wolf and i'm incorrectly defending her. and in general, i don't find the reasons i've seen to scumread her (outside of some of mac's points) to be compelling or good.....at all

so yeah idk, im trying my best to conceptualize analison wolf world but i can't really shake the feeling that she's more likely to be town than not. there have been multiple times in recent memory where i had a correct read and the entire gamestate was telling me i was wrong and i ended up being right anyway - i don't really want to doubt my instincts even though i'm aware that i'm creating quite the hole for myself in a world where alison is W

porscha is still a wide target of suspicion among most people here, but i am similarly struggling to grasp what the case on her is. i agree that some of her posts in early d1 felt fake and like they came from a wolf that is going through the motions, but i think she has significantly improved from the middle of d1- nward, even if i'm not confident about her being town. i think that i need a specific case against porscha in order for me to get to a world where she's a wolf, because as of now i would describe her posts as being: "broadly fine"

i want to write a paragraph for every player here but im losing energy so im just gonna post it
guess you would need to possibly consider that some of those players aren't wolves?

perhaps that is not the world we are in?

out of these players listed specifically, I am not against lucy or aro possibly being wolves. I TR mac and lily.

do you find alison's gameplay to be difficult to find between her alignments? she is a logical argument based player - this leads to more "objective" and "logical" conclusions that may be hard to differentiate between alignment play. Are you basing your alison read on her actual posts, or on meta from the last game you mentioned where she wolfed? A combination maybe?

why does everybody always say this lol. wolves can't pocket everyone...
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:42 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:39 pm
Creature wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:32 pm We should prob focus on building a good towncore and narrow down the POE a little. I feel like we're too over the place.

My firm townreads last night were arogame123, Lilypetal, lucy and Neon.

I'm asking you all what do you make out of Lilypetal's and Neon's wagon movements yesterday which pretty much risked a nolynch. I thought Lilypetal switching to a vanity wagon was TWTBW and also I feel like she panicked when falcon45ca posted like a dying town EOD. Neon is roughly the same but I think she comes off as more robotic to me.

arogame123 really had some pretty solvy posts at some points. I only wonder if he is deeping here.

lucy I townread mostly for repeatedly posting the VC at yesterday's EOD. It just felt like something lucy wouldn't bother doing as wolf.
Thoughts on this?

Also I feel like no one else has said anything about Lily's and Neon's movements yesterday.
Neon was townlocking me and shielding me but didn't end up voting with me and voted on Alison instead which I found strange.

Lilypetal just seemed to be glued to me.

@Neon do explain why you voted Alison over Falcon please?
I was on falcon all EoD with you until his last posts. In a world where it's W v T at that point I was pretty convinced we were killing the wrong person so I switched onto Alison because it SHOULD have made Alison go over. However a whole bunch of other fuckery happened and I can't help but think people were protecting Alison at that point cause she was only down -1 and Falcon made themself obv town and people like me were likely to switch.

That paired with your logic that d1 wagons always needs resolved is why I'm sitting on Alison right now and why I left you at exactly 1 minute to EoD
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:51 pm [VOTE: neon] aubergine

:(

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:02 pm
Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:01 pm
alison hates all gamers
honestly alison uses that argument for literally anybody she refuses to make mental space for to make reads. if you don't do it her way, screw you, and there's no remorse. lol
Good thing I refuse to do anything anyone's way

ImageImage

Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:33 pm
Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:26 pm
why boq town?
-when he was being wagoned by 4-5 people and it looked like he was in serious contention to go over, he decided to vote and push on me, one of his biggest defenders, for not defending him strongly enough. if boq is a wolf then his choice to push on one of the few people defending him would be completely contrary to a self-preservation mindset, and it would risk alienating one of the few people who had a good chance at saving him

-he got salty and passive aggressive about being voted in a way that i kind of don't think he would as wolf tbh - the entitlement/feeling of being "wronged" in the post is a specific mindset that i think a wolf typically struggles to replicate. i'm thinking of posts like this one:
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:56 pm
Creature wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:47 pm
Boquise wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:37 pm @Creature
Is it your town tell or something to ignore my questions and refuse to engage with me in a meaningful manner on the syndicate? You did that the last time we played here and you wolf read me until I was finally NK'd.

You also wrote in the spec chat game "it is too early to town read Boq" (which is what made me town read you).

So like, I am town reading you now again, but what gives tbh?
In Halvosen Ridge I ignored you until day 3 when I had both you and JJJ as wolves. Since I was right on JJJ being wolf and another town died also believing you two were wolves, I thought you were wolf until like the day before you died. In spec chat game all I did say was that you shluldn't be cleared too easily. Yet I ignored you and you ended up dying anyway.

I remember someone commenting in Halvosen Ridge that you seemed "lone". I also remember in spec chat you were forming actual reads and ended up coming with a readslist. I'm not seeing either things his game, your votes look kinda meh (Porscha is one vote I had in mind), it feels like you're doing lip job service instead of solving (like saying "we should go for someone not solving" and coming with a quick-made list) and hence why I'm concerned about you.
Wtf I have formed several reads this game, produced a read list, and actively engaged with several players. I have pushed Porscha to form a more concrete read, an action that cant be said about many players currently. You are taking 1 post of plenty to mischaracterise my whole play. Also, that list was correct and is also made to make people say something. Neon, Nook and Porscha had all complaints about the list

You complain about nothing happening yet you do nothing to affect the game. You push me and say I am doing nothing when I am the player who is creating the most splash in the thread tbh. I have formed more actual reads than the majority of this game tbqh.

but sure, maybe i should just go
lel i am town
oh u vote me now i will vote u
gn solving hard
i like trains
i picked flowers yesterday
pushing me is a crime against society tbh
i wonder what movie i should watch
cyndaquil is a good starter
poop penis tv show tbh
Am I town read now? I am out of my wolf range tbh

also cold to ignore me like that tbh, have i done something?
-he generally just came off as one of the most invested solvers on d1 at a stage when lots of people were slanking and it would have been very easy for him to sit back and ~blend in~ with the rest of the thread as a wolf

who do u think the mafia is?
I see. I sort of thought his issue with me was him blowing it out of proportion, but I dont know that would be alignment indicative for him. It's very possible he isnt a wolf, I have 0 meta on him and he hasn't done anything specific that really makes me believe he's likely wolfing. it isn't unusual for people to use my "shading" but not voting on every little thing I see method of play to believe i'm wolfy, so I don't think it's alignment indicative.

my poe is pretty open. I still believe mac is town, I don't have a reason to think sean is wolfing past him not pushing me for my TR on him early, but maybe we are on the same wavelength for once, so i'm not worried about him for now. lily reads pretty TR for me and I don't think she makes the vote she did eod if she's wolf. neon I can't say for sure, but they can be tl. lucy is null enough for me to consider them, I can still consider boq, i'm entirely unsure of aro I dont remember their posts yesterday in the slightest, I like to believe you are town spf but I am afraid that I am not good at reading you so I don't mind leaving your slot floating until I feel like my feet are on the ground, and alison, well, in theory she needs to be policied. I can't say for certain she is wolf, but ultimately she still sr's me and this is just a nuisance to me because when I asked her to show where I was folding, she blatantly refused. I don't feel like I can convince her, to any extent, of her view of me by conversing with her, so it's just frustrating to work with. rondo I will have to wait and see since iirc, they were hardly present yesterday. creature... I feel has been well in his town range, but it's still possible he tried pocketing me yesterday by pushing back a little on my wagon and shrug votes/ reads, but now has zero interest in keeping up with that idea and is willing to just yeet me, so I'm not sure what to think of it. I think if I asked him why this seemed to change, he'd probably just answer something about how i'm being sr'd by alison and other people enough to make him reconsider his initial view of me, so I haven't bothered. unsure of what to do with creature for now. in my first read list, I listed nook as town, but later when I was reviewing it and boq asked me who i'd vote, I said him or nook. something about nook just leaves me feeling a little less confident in him being town than in other games where I find him town, but I'm not sure what it is. I'd like to see more from him. I think that's everyone.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

yeah im p sure porscha can be moved to my towncore lol
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

i need to look at her day 1 wagon and find who the wolf is
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

I'm almost surprised my early locktown read on falcon didn't get brought up when he flipped v. figured someone would have targeted it as tmi.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

oh nook is voting me. absolute top lol'ing chad move he has pulled in less than 5 hours of the day. the hamster running my mental space is intrigued. nook placing vote on me this early into day... is ... interesting.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:30 am yeah im p sure porscha can be moved to my towncore lol
yeah i think her posts on this page are pretty towny lol
☆Princess Abigail☆

*holds up a sign that says I told you so*

Inb4 Neon has TMI

ImageImage

staypositivefriend
Hitman

also to answer your question porscha, i actually do find it difficult to distinguish between alison's towngame and her wolfgame, and i think the best way to read her is through results (which is something that i advocated for quite a lot on d1 as well). she plays similarly enough as both alignments that it's oftentimes easier to read her based on the specific narratives she has been pushing than any specific micro tells

i do admit that i'm comparing my meta on her in the game we just played to this game quite a lot though, and the fact that she feels like an almost entirely different player is making it difficult for me to not townread her. i'm also townreading her in part because she has made quite a few posts that i think are likely to be town indicative regardless of any meta considerations

also, i think she would have a vested interest in pocketing me because i am the only person in the game who is actively defending her. i made a whole scene yesterday trying to get people to stop voting for alison and i have been defending her for a great deal of today as well. it does not make sense to me why alison, as a wolf, would go out of her way to push on me when she would benefit quite a lot from pocketing me
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

i think my top towns rn are mac spf porscha neon boquise
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:41 am i think my top towns rn are mac spf porscha neon boquise
You might be the only person TRing me lol

ImageImage

Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:40 am also to answer your question porscha, i actually do find it difficult to distinguish between alison's towngame and her wolfgame, and i think the best way to read her is through results (which is something that i advocated for quite a lot on d1 as well). she plays similarly enough as both alignments that it's oftentimes easier to read her based on the specific narratives she has been pushing than any specific micro tells

i do admit that i'm comparing my meta on her in the game we just played to this game quite a lot though, and the fact that she feels like an almost entirely different player is making it difficult for me to not townread her. i'm also townreading her in part because she has made quite a few posts that i think are likely to be town indicative regardless of any meta considerations

also, i think she would have a vested interest in pocketing me because i am the only person in the game who is actively defending her. i made a whole scene yesterday trying to get people to stop voting for alison and i have been defending her for a great deal of today as well. it does not make sense to me why alison, as a wolf, would go out of her way to push on me when she would benefit quite a lot from pocketing me
as someone who didnt vote alison because of u (or maybe out of fear of u) i agree with this a lot

i spec'd a bit of that game and alison does seem slightly different but I would defer to u anyway because u played vs her

her pushing u makes no sense from a wolf perspective
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Neon wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:42 am
Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:41 am i think my top towns rn are mac spf porscha neon boquise
You might be the only person TRing me lol
i think ur general play has been good and not wolfy + as someone who also changed her vote at eod i relate to u a lot and think it comes from a town perspective knowing how we both think and play
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

i also think that if ur a wolf going into this game a lot of the names that got floated around day 1 were like really easy candidates to push

which like somewhat comes from town as well but it's something to think about

i think mac had good intentions starting the falcon wagon but otherwise I'm a bit sketched out at the jack/porscha wagons
arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Post by arogame123 »

Hello, I'm around for a bit, incase anyone wants to real time.

Prolly won't have time to catch up till tomorrow after work.

I see your here Lily and I'd like to talk with u since I had some issues with ur EoD yesterday
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

I think if you are town, I should be able to find you and maybe a discussion can help there
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Also @Creature , I wanted to ask you cause I saw earlier that you said Lily's later vote being anti-town is TWTBAW, which ok, if you believe that, that's your opinion fine.

But what do you think of Nanook's late vote to untie, the votes? Would you agree with me, that it is a townie look from Nanook? Esp if wagons are v/v?

Also, if you think anti-town = TWTBAW and is townie, do you think Rondo is then also TWTBAW for his self-vote on himself at EoD? I thought it was pretty bad at the time in response to the pressure they were receiving from SPF and I believe Lily unironically.

I want to hear ur thoughts on those since u seem confident about Lily's late movement that she wouldn't do as mafia.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 1:01 am Also @Creature , I wanted to ask you cause I saw earlier that you said Lily's later vote being anti-town is TWTBAW, which ok, if you believe that, that's your opinion fine.

But what do you think of Nanook's late vote to untie, the votes? Would you agree with me, that it is a townie look from Nanook? Esp if wagons are v/v?

Also, if you think anti-town = TWTBAW and is townie, do you think Rondo is then also TWTBAW for his self-vote on himself at EoD? I thought it was pretty bad at the time in response to the pressure they were receiving from SPF and I believe Lily unironically.

I want to hear ur thoughts on those since u seem confident about Lily's late movement that she wouldn't do as mafia.
not that TWTBAW is townie, but that it makes them likely town.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:40 am also to answer your question porscha, i actually do find it difficult to distinguish between alison's towngame and her wolfgame, and i think the best way to read her is through results (which is something that i advocated for quite a lot on d1 as well). she plays similarly enough as both alignments that it's oftentimes easier to read her based on the specific narratives she has been pushing than any specific micro tells

I also find it hard to distinguish and I don't have much practice. Alison also said it is best to read her based on her results in her argument with mac. If I had gone over and flipped t, would you have pushed alison today?

And thanks for explaining- I probably missed the part of eod where you defended alison, so that makes sense and answers my question.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

what does twtbaw mean
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:57 am Hello, I'm around for a bit, incase anyone wants to real time.

Prolly won't have time to catch up till tomorrow after work.

I see your here Lily and I'd like to talk with u since I had some issues with ur EoD yesterday
I'm sleeping soon but I'll try to respond before then. I have talked a bit abt it already

What's up

Return to “Previous Hustles”