arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by arogame123 »

hmmm ok. I have some thoughts.

I am currently leaning towards an Alison/Neon team rn.

I decided to go into some of Neon's mafia gc and I found some gems and I think she is playing very similarly here.

I think Alison is likely mafia as well and I will explain soon.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

uhh, well the voting is stuck rn, but that's where my vote is rn.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:02 pm hmmm ok. I have some thoughts.

I decided to go into some of Neon's mafia gc and I found some gems and I think she is playing very similarly here.

saying my thoughts exactly aro

[VOTE: Neon] aubergine
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

i have no idea how to change the poll so sabi will have to do that when they’re around

for now just vote in the thread

sorry for the inconvenience
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Lilypetal wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:04 pm

Yikes lol
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Alison
Posts in topic: 289

Post by Alison »

This game is fucked.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Pretty sure there are at least three wolves in Alison/Boq.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Alison] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Boquise
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Boquise »

I was going to fully push Mac today

Alrightie then tbh
Alison

Post by Alison »

So mafia are in the people who didn't care whether Creature or I went over yesterday. Porscha continues to be a candidate for that. Seanzie is another.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Day1
Alison (6): Neon, Porscha, Falcon, Seanzie, Jack, Rondo

Falcon (7): Creature, Aro, Alison, Mac, Lucy, SPF, Nanook

Porscha (2): Boq, Lily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day2
Creature (7): Alison, Seanzie, staypositivefriend, Lilypetal, MacDougall, Boquise, RondoDimBuckleim

Alison (4): Porscha, arogame123, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, lucy

arogame123 (1): Neon

Neon (1): Creature

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:06 pm

Yikes lol
why is it yikes
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

seems like my neon push has made people change their minds there
hm.

It sucks to vote a town read, but the game state has been locked
☆Princess Abigail☆

Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:07 pm I was going to fully push Mac today

Alrightie then tbh
Actually me to lol.

Anyways I think Allison needs to be the chop today always.

ImageImage

staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

I'm pretty embarrassed by like ....everything I've done in this game so far and the flip yesterday confirmed to me that there's a high chance that I'm just the fourth wolf and I don't know it yet
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

there is an importance to resolve d1 wagons

but like i said yesterday, sleep walking into two yeets D2 and D3 sucks if Alison is town and I think she is town.

Mac dying changes my worldview though.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lilypetal wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:08 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:06 pm

Yikes lol
why is it yikes
Because I'm town and there's no reason to be voting me here in general lol

ImageImage

staypositivefriend
Hitman

Anyway I have some thoughts but it's obvious that my view of the game is hideously incorrect in some ways and I'm going to dedicate today to figuring out where I'm going wrong instead of trying to "lead" the game like I did in the first few dauphases
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:29 pm
arogame123 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:23 pm Also Rondo, I saw you had me as town for the way I was questioning Lily’s post and then you seemed to drop it later.

I was wondering if you could explain me the progression there and what was the tipping point for that?
Mostly Mac pointing out some inconsistencies I was ignoring because I didnt really get the whole conversation so I was just skimming it

Going to bed last night, I was ok with Mac, Tinfoiling Boq and wanting to yeet SPF But holding off because Mac says hard town read but not locking it in yet, Seanzie I was flip flopping but he ended the day with a ridiculous push on me, Lucy I want to town read sure, Lily I am just not there

Town: Boq, Mac, SPF

Leaning town: Seanzie, Lucy, Lily
Seanzie wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:29 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:20 pm
Seanzie wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:51 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:20 am
Seanzie wrote: Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:09 am I'm like 4 pages behind and dedicated to staying there, but the few pages I did read this morning give me one big impress

Mac and Alison are putting on a show. Wolf theatre 3000.
indradesting, you still feel this way?
This is the single wolfiest post I've seen all game.

[VOTE: Rondo] aubergine
You know, now that I am caught up this vote on me is even more hilarious. Considering I just gave him ++Alison equity just a few posts above but he chose THIS post to decide to vote me on? THIS ONE? HAHAHAHAHAHA Seanzie, are you trying to be an outed wolf?
You are the outed wolf, my friend.

The classic no u

Creature wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:31 pm I don't know how to feel about RondoDimBuckle tbh. I thought he seemed a lot more like his town self in the baseball game where he literally threw D1 and only started doing shit during the twilight than his wolf self in Halvosen Ridge where he quickly got townread for posting a lot D1.
I [redacted] into a [redacted] so I would say my strategy was given to me not one I chose myself but sure this works
arogame123 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:40 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:39 pm I'm never partners with Alison. Alison was pretty damn mad at Twice the previous game for harddefending her.
Yes, I admit that’s a good point you do bring up if Alison is mafia, it’s unlikely you would treat her that way based on the previous game.
See again my problem is if he is aware enough to point it out, he is aware enough to fake it
arogame123 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:43 pm I will say though, Rondo saying my takes were consensus mill and then lists 2 of the 6 people in my POE.

I also don’t understand how they went from Aro top town read mixed to with mindmelds, to dropping that read later on.

Hopefully they’ll explain later so I can get a better understanding and discern the progression.
my progression is literally in a nice bunch of messages back to back to back to back, spamming up the thread
Creature wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:13 pm
arogame123 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:09 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:02 pm
arogame123 wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:52 pm
Creature wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:45 pm I don't know where I stand on Boq and NANOOK. I thought NANOOK voting falcon to prevent a tie yesterday was pretty towny (although it'll prob sound suspicious if Alison flips wolf, but not by much considering he initially was trying to lynch Alison). Boq I keep getting paranoid of him because I kinda think he played a bit differently in Halvosen Ridge, but idk if I want to keep pressing here.
What were some of the differences you noticed between Boq here and Boq there?
I remember Boq was being townread in Halvosen Ridge for seemingly unpartnered/lone and I feel like his posts were more solving-oriented there. In contrast I feel like Boq was more defensive hsre, but maybe it was because he was pushed earlier. Anyway, I still wonder if Boq was wagoned D1 because players were onto something, while today he was largely ignored. Kinda meh about him townreading me and suddenly dropping it off when he saw I was a top lynch option, but maybe he'd keep townreading me as a pocketing attempt as wolf.
He did have a wagon earlier on day 1. BUt I had the tr on Boq mainly for the way he made/constructed his reads and especially his progression on me felt genuine when he described about the "juror" stuff. And additionally, we have mind melded quite a bit with certain reads and takes throughout the game. He def has felt pretty solvy and independent from the game similar to what you were saying when he was "largely ignored." It does feel like he was in his own bubble solving.
I feel like I'm being unfair to him. I just keep feeling he's under the radar or something and I get alarmed when I feel like a player has been largely ignored.
You dont think Neon has been largely ignored?
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:51 pm I think Boquise and Rondo's catchups have both been townie. I worry about Rondo slightly because my instinct is that he'd actually play trollier as town than scum but I think it's a good sign that he has largely coalesced onto many of the same suspicions I have. Boq is just being the same independently solving self that got him killed in SCI and his pushes (eg. his vote on Lilypetal) feel more driven by curiosity than agenda. I think Creature's shade on Boq as slipping under the radar is pretty bad when Boq's push on Lily and brief kerfluffle with Neon show a lack of desire to avoid attention.
Not sure how I feel about having the same pov as Alison :think:
Alison wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 1:56 pm I am kinda interested with the way Creature's wagon has risen because he is one of my top suspects. I do still feel kinda obligated to follow correct play but it's hard to really object to people wanting to kill someone I think is a likely wolf over me. At any rate I definitely think Creature counterwagon to me is correct because it creates a lot of good wagonomics if he is wolf.
Do we kill you tomorrow then?
So a couple things I wanted to address/question you about Rondo.

You mentioned how you said my "reads were middle of the run consensus" and you were shading me for that, yet you had the exact same reads list as I did and was shading me for that. I don't really understand why you were shading me while having the same reads list as I did. Doesn't make much sense to me.

Also, in response to what you were saying about the inconsistencies. I responded to Mac and rebutted those inconsistencies, so I get the feeling you didn't really read through my posts in the response to Mac.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:09 pm I'm pretty embarrassed by like ....everything I've done in this game so far and the flip yesterday confirmed to me that there's a high chance that I'm just the fourth wolf and I don't know it yet
i have been perma 4th wolfing recently so i relate to this very heavily
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Also I an tipsy and standing waiting for a concert to start rn so my thoughts might not be super structured
☆Princess Abigail☆

Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:09 pm there is an importance to resolve d1 wagons

but like i said yesterday, sleep walking into two yeets D2 and D3 sucks if Alison is town and I think she is town.

How so?

ImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:07 pm So mafia are in the people who didn't care whether Creature or I went over yesterday. Porscha continues to be a candidate for that. Seanzie is another.
Or you killed Mac specifically to pave a way to try to mischop me, one of the two.

Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Alison can be the chop but we are not going to spend 48 hours just doing the same old pushes again. It is bad for the game state, it is lazy, it is anti-town. Yesterday sucked because we only had two options through the whole day
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:07 pm So mafia are in the people who didn't care whether Creature or I went over yesterday. Porscha continues to be a candidate for that. Seanzie is another.
Or you killed Mac specifically to pave a way to try to mischop me, one of the two.
Well, I mean other reasons too, but... this was one.

☆Princess Abigail☆

staypositivefriend wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:09 pm Anyway I have some thoughts but it's obvious that my view of the game is hideously incorrect in some ways and I'm going to dedicate today to figuring out where I'm going wrong instead of trying to "lead" the game like I did in the first few dauphases
I'd like to hear the thoughts even if you think they are wrong.

ImageImage

Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

poll has been fixed
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

arogame pushed me but not very energetically honestly. It did not feel like he was that invested in ensuring I went over and he conceded that Creature was scummy as well. Mac who was his biggest suspector died in the night.

SPF/lucy did not play the day like they didn't care who died. SPF especially made herself look bad by hard pushing Creature when she would probably just have sat back and ate popcorn yesterday as mafia.

There was enough inquisitiveness/probing in Rondo's solving that makes me think he probably cared and Mac top townread him. So he is cleared.

Nanook didn't even care enough to declare his vote.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Alison can be the chop but we are not going to spend 48 hours just doing the same old pushes again. It is bad for the game state, it is lazy, it is anti-town. Yesterday sucked because we only had two options through the whole day
So how do you propose we handle the day while still guaranteeing we chop Alison?

Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm
Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:09 pm there is an importance to resolve d1 wagons

How so?
Which sentence?
☆Princess Abigail☆

Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Alison can be the chop but we are not going to spend 48 hours just doing the same old pushes again. It is bad for the game state, it is lazy, it is anti-town. Yesterday sucked because we only had two options through the whole day
I'm fine with this as long as Alison goes over in the end. Saving Alison again is game losing at this point.

ImageImage

Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:11 pm
So how do you propose we handle the day while still guaranteeing we chop Alison?
Pushing and solving other slots?
Not create a game state where it is okay for slots to just lazily appear, make some random posts and disappear just because they are voting with the thread consensus?
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

So I was looking through Neon's progression on Alison and in the world where if Alison is mafia, it is really bad.

Neon starts by saying how Alison is likely town as the first push on her is usually from a town.

Then Neon ends up slightly sr Alison EoD1 and votes.

Then in day 2, comes out at disliking me and Creature, and ends the day with a vote on me.

Mentions how she believes the voters on Alison are likely "pure" but doesn't even put her in POE in EoD2.

Then Alison also was sr Neon but then flipped to a tr middle of Day 1, to then placing them in a POE yesterday in day 2.

I just really think the way both players have played around their slots is partnery tbh.

I want to kill Alison today and re-eval if Alison is town. She has also been involved in both wagons day 1 and day 2 with some differing votes each day.
Alison

Post by Alison »

You kill me today, I flip town.

Your top suspect is?
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:12 pm
I'm fine with this as long as Alison goes over in the end. Saving Alison again is game losing at this point.
Explain to me why Alison is scum.

Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Alison wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:13 pm
You kill me today, I flip town.

Your top suspect is?
me
i flip town
F7

Pikachu shook
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

the yeets have shown me that my town reads have been correct so I will do my own thing and push my own reads and believe in myself instead of being a follower today tbh

I played nice yesterday but I wont today.
☆Princess Abigail☆

arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:13 pm So I was looking through Neon's progression on Alison and in the world where if Alison is mafia, it is really bad.

Neon starts by saying how Alison is likely town as the first push on her is usually from a town.

Then in day 2, comes out at disliking me and Creature, and ends the day with a vote on me.

Mentions how she believes the voters on Alison are likely "pure" but doesn't even put her in POE in EoD2.

Then Alison also was sr Neon but then flipped to a tr middle of Day 1, to then placing them in a POE yesterday in day 2.

I just really think the way both players have played around their slots is partnery tbh.

I want to kill Alison today and re-eval if Alison is town. She has also been involved in both wagons day 1 and day 2 with some differing votes each day.
Well now this sure is disingenuous to my entire progression.

Also I missed EoD which is the only reason my vote ended on you. If you want to point out the hypocrisy of that wrt my conversation with Boq that I'd accept but let's not misrepresent my progression

ImageImage

Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

but i also need to finish drinking this beer and then sleep so like tbh
☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:14 pm
I dunno if Alison is scum. I know that Alison needs to be resolved.

ImageImage

arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Also @staypositivefriend , how were you town reading Alison for her read/progression on you?

Like I even pointed out that the way Alison was reading you as mafia was very weird esp in the world where you are town. Since Alison was sr you, despite how you were agreeing with her pov of creature being mafia and were defending her. It is very odd to me that you kind of dismissed that from Alison as her read on you did not feel organic in any way tbh.

Also, not only were some of Alison's reasonings for reads not good, she has also pushed on Jack (died town), pushed creature (died town), and from your perspective SPF, Alison has been pushing you as well.

So from your POV SPF, Alison has pushed on 3 town, so even if you want to give her the benefit of the doubt with "pelts," that argument also fails. So I am wondering why you were defending Alison yesterday and if you still believe she is town today despite this?
Boquise
Money Launderer

Post by Boquise »

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:15 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:13 pm So I was looking through Neon's progression on Alison and in the world where if Alison is mafia, it is really bad.

Also I missed EoD which is the only reason my vote ended on you. If you want to point out the hypocrisy of that wrt my conversation with Boq that I'd accept but let's not misrepresent my progression
I still cant understand why you even decided to shade me for that.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I am essentially playing a phase ahead of all of you because I know my flip and therefore I am solving in the same headspace all of you will be in 48 hours if you exe me.

So in that world I strongly recommend you read over my D3 posts and solve alongside them.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:16 pm
Not a good answer.

☆Princess Abigail☆

Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:15 pm

I still cant understand why you even decided to shade me for that.
*shrugs* call it stupidity. I didn't realize you were not around for EoD my bad

ImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm I am essentially playing a phase ahead of all of you because I know my flip and therefore I am solving in the same headspace all of you will be in 48 hours if you exe me.

So in that world I strongly recommend you read over my D3 posts and solve alongside them.
Was your midday self-vote performative or serious?

☆Princess Abigail☆

Seanzie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm
Not a good answer.
Cool. It's the right answer though so oh well.

ImageImage

Alison

Post by Alison »

Seanzie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:18 pm
Alison wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm I am essentially playing a phase ahead of all of you because I know my flip and therefore I am solving in the same headspace all of you will be in 48 hours if you exe me.

Was your midday self-vote performative or serious?
Serious.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:18 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm
Not a good answer.
Cool. It's the right answer though so oh well.
Give your full thoughts on Alison then, whatever they may be. Gth what do you think? What will resolving them do for us one way or the other?

Return to “Previous Hustles”