King of the Hill Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 278
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:26 pm @staypositivefriend @Boquise @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I don't really recall having seen Creature actually getting this panicked when run up. Is this more indicative of his town or mafia reaction to being wagoned?
I think it's a pretty townie reaction
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 279
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:34 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:26 pm @staypositivefriend @Boquise @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I don't really recall having seen Creature actually getting this panicked when run up. Is this more indicative of his town or mafia reaction to being wagoned?
I think it's a pretty townie reaction
Lmao
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:02 pm The fact that Seanzie is alive and Mac is dead is also something that doesn't happen in the world I am scum.
This just isn't true. 1.) didn't talk about you at all D2 aside from extremely early, 2.) Mac is Mac, and 3.) if I died last night, the chances of people wanting heads in (Alison/Mac/Boq/SPF) would have skyrocketed. If I'm right, at least two wolves are in that group above, so killing me would have been suicide.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:02 pm The fact that Seanzie is alive and Mac is dead is also something that doesn't happen in the world I am scum.
Like... the more I think about this... the more this is just so wrong it kind of has to be outing coming from a Boq-level player.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Post by arogame123 »

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:29 pm One of the most Intresting things to be though is that yesterday I asked you if the games I linked you had given you any insight into my playstyle and you had said that you read them and they didn't give you any pause or reason to change your thoughts on me.

But now today you've read them and your convinced I'm scum based on one of them. One that I'm pretty sure I linked to you.
You are correct in that I read your games and they didn’t do much for me, as I had you in my PoE yesterday. The games themselves didn’t do much for me, and when pondering about teams yesterday, and when I had you and Alison, I thought hey, let me check your mafia gc. So I joined the gc during the night phase and saw a couple of things you said about your play when you are mafia.

I noted that those things you said have been similar here which I pointed out earlier, which is why I think you are mafia.

Additionally, you said I’d been using meta to town case myself for the game, which is not true and just a magnification of my response to Lily lol.

It seems to me that you just pick and choose your reads based off little reasoning, and have not showed much re-evaluation at all in regards to my slot as well, which I find very scummy from your play.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Also, I may or may not be getting drunk tn so enjoy.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Imma let some stuff sit and sleep on it and provide an updated reads list tomorrow.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:22 pm Also, I may or may not be getting drunk tn so enjoy.
i will.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

@Lilypetal since you seem to be sr Neón as well, can you take a look at the recent post I made with the screenshots from a mafia gc that Neón was in and lmk ur thoughts please?
☆Princess Abigail☆

arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:20 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 9:29 pm One of the most Intresting things to be though is that yesterday I asked you if the games I linked you had given you any insight into my playstyle and you had said that you read them and they didn't give you any pause or reason to change your thoughts on me.

But now today you've read them and your convinced I'm scum based on one of them. One that I'm pretty sure I linked to you.
You are correct in that I read your games and they didn’t do much for me, as I had you in my PoE yesterday. The games themselves didn’t do much for me, and when pondering about teams yesterday, and when I had you and Alison, I thought hey, let me check your mafia gc. So I joined the gc during the night phase and saw a couple of things you said about your play when you are mafia.

I noted that those things you said have been similar here which I pointed out earlier, which is why I think you are mafia.

Additionally, you said I’d been using meta to town case myself for the game, which is not true and just a magnification of my response to Lily lol.

It seems to me that you just pick and choose your reads based off little reasoning, and have not showed much re-evaluation at all in regards to my slot as well, which I find very scummy from your play.
Kinda sus ngl

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

I've tried to ISO 3 times today on Aro. I'll be honest I just don't have the mental capacity to like pull quotes and shit.

ImageImage

Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:26 pm @Lilypetal since you seem to be sr Neón as well, can you take a look at the recent post I made with the screenshots from a mafia gc that Neón was in and lmk ur thoughts please?
thought it was spot on, i mean she'd mad diff this game than she was in the game that just ended that I was in with her and she claims it's changing playstyle but idk seems like a wolfy excuse at this point
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lilypetal wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:57 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:26 pm @Lilypetal since you seem to be sr Neón as well, can you take a look at the recent post I made with the screenshots from a mafia gc that Neón was in and lmk ur thoughts please?
thought it was spot on, i mean she'd mad diff this game than she was in the game that just ended that I was in with her and she claims it's changing playstyle but idk seems like a wolfy excuse at this point
Wanna kill me and find out? Wasting another day is only beneficial if your woofers.

I don't see how I'm that much different other than that I memed more. I think a lot of people are very heavily misrepresenting my play here and it's not really helping me find anyone town which is really hurting my ability to even play the game.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

So spell it out for me. How am I different?

ImageImage

Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:28 pm
Wanna kill me and find out? Wasting another day is only beneficial if your woofers.

I don't see how I'm that much different other than that I memed more. I think a lot of people are very heavily misrepresenting my play here and it's not really helping me find anyone town which is really hurting my ability to even play the game.
no i rather flip the correct player
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Holy fuck, I’m walking on clouds rn
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

I thought I’d come in here to say hi and I love you all.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Moms spaghetti
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

love u too aro
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:14 am love u too aro
Lily-sama, you’re the nicest player I’ve ever met. I’m glad to be a part of the new era with u hehe

Ty for all the great experiences
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Alison->Boq-> continue the game.

staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

ok im drunk and catching up with the game rn if anyone wants to talk about anything
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:18 am
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:14 am love u too aro
Lily-sama, you’re the nicest player I’ve ever met. I’m glad to be a part of the new era with u hehe

Ty for all the great experiences
uwu
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:30 am ok im drunk and catching up with the game rn if anyone wants to talk about anything
hello drunk spf

what is ur solve once alison flips v
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

We may be losing rn, but I promise you, we will win this game and kill all the mafia Hehe.

I’m the king of the pirates
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:08 pm Day1
Alison (6): Neon, Porscha, Falcon, Seanzie, Jack, Rondo

Falcon (7): Creature, Aro, Alison, Mac, Lucy, SPF, Nanook

Porscha (2): Boq, Lily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day2
Creature (7): Alison, Seanzie, staypositivefriend, Lilypetal, MacDougall, Boquise, RondoDimBuckleim

Alison (4): Porscha, arogame123, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, lucy

arogame123 (1): Neon

Neon (1): Creature
there's zero way that the alison wagon is pure here regardless of alsion's alignment fwiw. if alison is town then it's almost a guarantee that there was at least one wolf on her taking advantage of the push and if alison is mafia then it's difficult to see a world in which at least one wolf wasn't bussing to get cred from it in the future. i see basically zero worlds where the scum team all voted outside of alison regardless of what alison's alignment is
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:30 am ok im drunk and catching up with the game rn if anyone wants to talk about anything
Omg I’m drunk tooo.

Drunk mindmeld hehe

Idk if I can focus on the game as much but let’s see
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Alison can be the chop but we are not going to spend 48 hours just doing the same old pushes again. It is bad for the game state, it is lazy, it is anti-town. Yesterday sucked because we only had two options through the whole day
yeah

i think part of my frustration with this gamestate, regardless of alison's alignment, is that it feels like 90% of the game is part of an inside joke that they won't let me in on

in spite of everything that's happened, it's still not even clear to me why people scumread alison throughout d1. what did she do that was wolf-indicative? why was she wolftelling? mac is the one who came the closest to giving a legitimate answer but i've seen basically zero reasoning from anyone that wasn't him. and again, why was alison one of the main wagons on d2? why does everyone agree that she needs to be killed today? what did she do???

it's seriously exasperating for everyone to be tunneled on alison without having a single clue how they got to her being a wolf or what she has done that is scum indicative - it feels like the game is stuck in this self-fulfilling prophesy of "alison needs to be chopped because she's been in contention for so long" but it's abundantly unclear what led to her being in contention in the first place

i just don't get it i guess
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:12 pm
Boquise wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:10 pm Alison can be the chop but we are not going to spend 48 hours just doing the same old pushes again. It is bad for the game state, it is lazy, it is anti-town. Yesterday sucked because we only had two options through the whole day
I'm fine with this as long as Alison goes over in the end. Saving Alison again is game losing at this point.
but WHY is it game losing? what do you think alison's alignment is? if you think she's a wolf, then why????
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 am
yeah

i think part of my frustration with this gamestate, regardless of alison's alignment, is that it feels like 90% of the game is part of an inside joke that they won't let me in on

in spite of everything that's happened, it's still not even clear to me why people scumread alison throughout d1. what did she do that was wolf-indicative? why was she wolftelling? mac is the one who came the closest to giving a legitimate answer but i've seen basically zero reasoning from anyone that wasn't him. and again, why was alison one of the main wagons on d2? why does everyone agree that she needs to be killed today? what did she do???

it's seriously exasperating for everyone to be tunneled on alison without having a single clue how they got to her being a wolf or what she has done that is scum indicative - it feels like the game is stuck in this self-fulfilling prophesy of "alison needs to be chopped because she's been in contention for so long" but it's abundantly unclear what led to her being in contention in the first place

she just became a wagon because she suggested a poe of inactive/lower posting players and they retaliated by voting her and it just stuck ig
staypositivefriend
Hitman

neon is pinging me quite a lot on page 69
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:41 am neon is pinging me quite a lot on page 69
explain?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

u dont have to if u dont want to im just rly curious
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:41 am neon is pinging me quite a lot on page 69
That’s one of the few things we agree ok lol.

What specifically about 69 (heheh 69) pinged you out?
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:42 am
explain?
Wow, are we on the same wavelength rn?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

hehe 69
staypositivefriend
Hitman

arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm Also @staypositivefriend , how were you town reading Alison for her read/progression on you?

Like I even pointed out that the way Alison was reading you as mafia was very weird esp in the world where you are town. Since Alison was sr you, despite how you were agreeing with her pov of creature being mafia and were defending her. It is very odd to me that you kind of dismissed that from Alison as her read on you did not feel organic in any way tbh.

Also, not only were some of Alison's reasonings for reads not good, she has also pushed on Jack (died town), pushed creature (died town), and from your perspective SPF, Alison has been pushing you as well.

So from your POV SPF, Alison has pushed on 3 town, so even if you want to give her the benefit of the doubt with "pelts," that argument also fails. So I am wondering why you were defending Alison yesterday and if you still believe she is town today despite this?
okay i can give a longer response to this now

i guess my question for you is: why should i scumread alison for reading me as mafia? why is it not OK for me to townread her because she's scumreading me? i care much more about whether her read is coming from an authentic place and whether it makes strategic sense than whether or not the read is "correct". i think alison's progression on me makes sense from an alison!town POV, which is why i don't find it wolfy that she has pushed on me even though the reasoning behind her push is honestly kind of horrible

it's true that alison has pushed on mainly town so far, and it's also true that i think the best way to read alison is by her results, so i think the fact that we are on d3 and she hasn't provided us with any pelts yet is the most compelling argument for her being a wolf. even so, the fact that she's been in such a precarious and bizarre position makes me feel like she would be less likely to successfully find the mafia in a world where she's town, and if i was in her shoes as a villager i imagine it would be difficult to correctly analyze the gamestate. so, i think her inaccuracy in this game is slightly less concerning to me when i take into consideration the bizarre context that the game is in
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:38 am
yeah

I just read through half the post and it seems like you don’t agree with the Alison chop. I have a post earlier to explain why I believe alison is scummy from a reads perspective and even a pelts perspective!!!
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lilypetal wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:34 pm
Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:28 pm

no i rather flip the correct player
Than don't kill me

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:34 am
Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:08 pm Day1
Alison (6): Neon, Porscha, Falcon, Seanzie, Jack, Rondo

Falcon (7): Creature, Aro, Alison, Mac, Lucy, SPF, Nanook

Porscha (2): Boq, Lily

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Day2
Creature (7): Alison, Seanzie, staypositivefriend, Lilypetal, MacDougall, Boquise, RondoDimBuckleim

Alison (4): Porscha, arogame123, NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, lucy

arogame123 (1): Neon

Neon (1): Creature
there's zero way that the alison wagon is pure here regardless of alsion's alignment fwiw. if alison is town then it's almost a guarantee that there was at least one wolf on her taking advantage of the push and if alison is mafia then it's difficult to see a world in which at least one wolf wasn't bussing to get cred from it in the future. i see basically zero worlds where the scum team all voted outside of alison regardless of what alison's alignment is
I agree the problem is I have no idea who.

ImageImage

arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Ok, so if Alison is town spf, who would u want to kill tofay?

Let’s say u had a Vigi shot and Alison is green checked, who would you want to kill?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:23 pm Also, I was thinking about this more.

At first, when I was re-reading the thread EoD, I thought Lily's treatment of creature felt kinda wolfy esp seeing how Creature was town, since Lily was kind of just continuing to scum read and treating Creature like a "confirmed mafia," which gave me flashbacks to how Santy treated Jmwjmw in Champs Semi 1, when Santy was mafia.

But I was thinking of in addition to the sponge read from SPF on Lily, but also in the world with ALison being town or mafia.

Lily's movement of votes EoD 1 is less likely to come from a mafia esp if the wagons are v/v for the reasons I was explaining yesterday, and the more I thought about it, I am not sure if Lily is with Alison if she is mafia.

The reasoning is bc when Alison made the "slave" comment towards Lily, I felt like Lily was geniuilly pissed off and taken away by that and was pretty angry at Alison for even suggesting a thing. Like her comment of "I do what I want" felt somewhat townie but also livid towards Alison for her treatment. Now I wouldn't put it past Alison to speak like that to a partner if she is mafia, but I think Lily's reaction to it is a bit more telling and likely not w/w with Alison either.

Lmk if anyone has thoughts on this.
i agree that lily/alison are blatantly dissociated because of this yeah
☆Princess Abigail☆

Nice

ImageImage

arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:45 amhehe 69
69 is the best position tbh
☆Princess Abigail☆

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:39 am
Neon wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:12 pm
I'm fine with this as long as Alison goes over in the end. Saving Alison again is game losing at this point.
but WHY is it game losing? what do you think alison's alignment is? if you think she's a wolf, then why????
I've explained at least twice why Alison needs to die or we lose.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

*sigh*

ImageImage

staypositivefriend
Hitman

lucy wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:44 pmboq/Alison/lily
alison and lily are not teamed

who else is in ur POE
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:45 am
arogame123 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:17 pm Also @staypositivefriend , how were you town reading Alison for her read/progression on you?

Like I even pointed out that the way Alison was reading you as mafia was very weird esp in the world where you are town. Since Alison was sr you, despite how you were agreeing with her pov of creature being mafia and were defending her. It is very odd to me that you kind of dismissed that from Alison as her read on you did not feel organic in any way tbh.

Also, not only were some of Alison's reasonings for reads not good, she has also pushed on Jack (died town), pushed creature (died town), and from your perspective SPF, Alison has been pushing you as well.

So from your POV SPF, Alison has pushed on 3 town, so even if you want to give her the benefit of the doubt with "pelts," that argument also fails. So I am wondering why you were defending Alison yesterday and if you still believe she is town today despite this?
okay i can give a longer response to this now

i guess my question for you is: why should i scumread alison for reading me as mafia? why is it not OK for me to townread her because she's scumreading me? i care much more about whether her read is coming from an authentic place and whether it makes strategic sense than whether or not the read is "correct". i think alison's progression on me makes sense from an alison!town POV, which is why i don't find it wolfy that she has pushed on me even though the reasoning behind her push is honestly kind of horrible

it's true that alison has pushed on mainly town so far, and it's also true that i think the best way to read alison is by her results, so i think the fact that we are on d3 and she hasn't provided us with any pelts yet is the most compelling argument for her being a wolf. even so, the fact that she's been in such a precarious and bizarre position makes me feel like she would be less likely to successfully find the mafia in a world where she's town, and if i was in her shoes as a villager i imagine it would be difficult to correctly analyze the gamestate. so, i think her inaccuracy in this game is slightly less concerning to me when i take into consideration the bizarre context that the game is in
Wow, this is rich coming from you tbh, you’re giving Alison the benefit of the doubt for being in a “wrong gamestate” and when creature was in a similar position, you piled on him like there was no tomorrow?? WhTs that about?

Also, it’s not the “objective” read itself, it’s the progression and the way she came to the read that she believes you are mafia bc of the Jack NK despite how you were treating her. Like, she just mafia read u mainly off that and that she’s afraid she’s on your side in a pocket way?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

this seems like a bad argument. are you really telling me that if you were a wolf you would kill one of the people who was the most aggressively hard tunneled on you and who would make you look awful?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:31 am
hello drunk spf

what is ur solve once alison flips v

Return to “Previous Hustles”