Total votes: 13
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 131
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 pm If you’re 100% confident in your towncore it’s fine to not care about yourself being in the Poe or dying
People have a tendency to correct others when they believe another person has a wrong answer or idea.

I kinda forgot the name of the G-something effect or whatever its called.

I don't really have the time to speculate and introspect as to when and where I try to correct people.
I’m not seeing how this is particularly connected to what I was saying but ok ig
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:39 pm People have a tendency to correct others when they believe another person has a wrong answer or idea.

I don't really have the time to speculate and introspect as to when and where I try to correct people.
Anyways I have said I am 100% fine with dying and etc

But I like to correct others (or try to) in some cases.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:39 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:31 pm If you’re 100% confident in your towncore it’s fine to not care about yourself being in the Poe or dying
People have a tendency to correct others when they believe another person has a wrong answer or idea.

i bet its called the G-spot
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

i do not have the energy to make a full interaction analysis on martin right now, but here is a major point that stood out to me while i was reading sloonei's interactions with him:

there is a very strong trend of sloonei prefacing his thoughts on martin with the word "but":
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:18 pm I need to go do things that are not mafia.

nutella is town
tutuu is town
nova is not ted and town.
martin was town earlier but i have not revisited that read.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:26 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:18 pm
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:25 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 9:21 pm my thoughts on the treehouse are summer up as follows

2) sloonei looks like a limp noodle in there
You're like the fifth person to say this and my response is another exasperated sigh.

I have other things to do in my life and had nothing to say. I am playing the game when I am here.
okay

who is mafia, sloonei? who is town?
You are town. Jay is town. Spf is town. Nutella is town. Tutuu is town.
I am undecided on Thunal.
LC has yet to do anything that makes me want to town read him. I could say the same about nanook and martin. I felt good about Martin initially but that hasn’t carried over as the game has gone on. But I don’t have any reason to suspect him either.
Alison would probably be my top suspect at the moment.

A POE of Alison, LC, Thunal, nanook, and Martin feels okay right now.
Sloonei wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:25 pm oh god dont quote the whole wall, it's bad enough that i was inconsistent with my use of spoilers!

if i was voting right now (and I'd like to only place one vote today), it would probably be on martin. But I am going to review him and Alison (and hopefully nanook and tutuu as well) for LC interactions as well.

I'm purposely not looking at your analysis (at spf) until I've done my own.
nearly every time that sloonei brings up martin as a prospective scum candidate, it is secondary to his other suspicions
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm i don’t think tutuu or nook are mafia. i really don’t. everyone is town but martin
Well that's juuuuussssttttt wonderful.

Hey do tutuu a favor and not vote her the next day because she got to the conclusion "everyone is town but 3 people have to be mafia so I guess its them" on D1. You know, sort of like you here.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:42 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:35 pm i don’t think tutuu or nook are mafia. i really don’t. everyone is town but martin
Well that's juuuuussssttttt wonderful.

Hey do tutuu a favor and not vote her the next day because she got to the conclusion "everyone is town but 3 people have to be mafia so I guess its them" on D1. You know, sort of like you here.
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Thunal33 »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:02 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:27 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:19 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:10 pm Not having a good townread on Sloonei yet also not wanting him elimed isn't a great look for Martin. That's exactly what I would expect from a read from Sloonei's teammate, and the TWTBAW argument is an easy one for a teammate to make.
Sigh.

I'm being attacked just because how I interacted with 2 people and that they just happened to be scum -_-

Not like it'll change anything but tbh as a townie I'm not supposed to be aware of how I interact with people will be perceived in the future, and maybe that's why it looks bad all-around.

Thankfully we don't have to do a "martin is scum based on interaction" parade after catching the 3rd scum because the game would've ended by then....after I've flipped green atp probably.
Sorry, but this explanation feels like a clone of the one I made in my last scum game. "It's completely outside my control that my interactions with the flipped scum look bad, it's not my fault!" was exactly the argument I made, with some AtE sprinkled in as well. You still have most of a phase to convince me you're town, I'm not locked in on you being scum by any means.
to be fair, you were converted N1 so you were actually being honest that your D1 interactions looking bad wasn’t wasn’t your fault :p
True lol. But when I made that argument I was 100% in a scum mindset and I wouldn't have reacted the same way as town.
ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

maybe martin and i are just different people but if i was 100% confident that fmpov the final mafia were between two people i would absolutely revel in finding which one of them it was and nailing them. the prospect of being able to definitively solve the game and case the last mafia would excite me. martin is treating it like a chore and seems annoyed we’re even asking him, and i think it’s because he knows he can’t do it. he cannot case the last mafia because he is the last mafia and has accepted that he has lost. since there is nothing in it for him and he knows it won’t help him survive he doesn’t care anymore
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

jay was killed because he had martin/lc as orange and would have probably pushed for a martin elimination last day. and since martin was deeper than sloonei and had the best chance of surviving it made sense to shoot jay so that martin could be more protected even though it resulted in sloonei’s elimination

now we have the answer to “why did sloonei shoot jay?” because martin was his teammate
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

it makes perfect sense. you don’t make kills to protect sloonei because he wasn’t endgaming anyway. you make kills to protect martin because he actually could have endgamed
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:53 pm jay was killed because he had martin/lc as orange and would have probably pushed for a martin elimination last day. and since martin was deeper than sloonei and had the best chance of surviving it made sense to shoot jay so that martin could be more protected even though it resulted in sloonei’s elimination

now we have the answer to “why did sloonei shoot jay?” because martin was his teammate
hmmm
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

hope i’m not wrong about this because i’ll look like even more of an idiot than i already do buuuut im really confident it’s just martin
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

pat pat hally

big head with big brain deserves a kiss on the forehead *mua*
staypositivefriend
Hitman

general question: do you guys want me to do an interaction analysis for hally/nutella/thunal? i'm at a point where i've skimmed the interactions between them enough to know that my conclusion is going to be: "this looks good for them", but i do want to be thorough. i guess i'm in a place where i'm not sure if using hours of my time to write that analysis is a good idea if it's going to lead us to the same foregone conclusion today. martin is probably just mafia.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:57 pm hope i’m not wrong about this because i’ll look like even more of an idiot than i already do buuuut im really confident it’s just martin
TO BE FAIR,

I do have Asperger's Syndrome. Which may be making things difficult regardless of each other's efforts (or I guess lack of my effort rn lol).

So mischopping here isn't really your fault, especially since nobody here knows me & that I'm new-ish to FM.

As much as I emotionally resent the idea of being mischopped under the current context, for various reasons, the last thing I want to do is to make you feel bad for it.

(unless you're part of the 0.0001% chance that you're mafia, then yeah I guess I do hate your guts a bit)
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:03 pm the last thing I want to do is to make you feel bad for it
Or anyone else here for that matter.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:02 pm general question: do you guys want me to do an interaction analysis for hally/nutella/thunal? i'm at a point where i've skimmed the interactions between them enough to know that my conclusion is going to be: "this looks good for them", but i do want to be thorough. i guess i'm in a place where i'm not sure if using hours of my time to write that analysis is a good idea if it's going to lead us to the same foregone conclusion today. martin is probably just mafia.
if you’ve looked over our interactions and feel confident it’s not any of us you’re under no obligation to write out in detail why :p
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:04 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:02 pm general question: do you guys want me to do an interaction analysis for hally/nutella/thunal? i'm at a point where i've skimmed the interactions between them enough to know that my conclusion is going to be: "this looks good for them", but i do want to be thorough. i guess i'm in a place where i'm not sure if using hours of my time to write that analysis is a good idea if it's going to lead us to the same foregone conclusion today. martin is probably just mafia.
if you’ve looked over our interactions and feel confident it’s not any of us you’re under no obligation to write out in detail why :p
yeah true, i'm just so used to explaining all of my thoughts in pain-staking detail that it feels weird to not do so :P i am not currently concerned with you, nutella, or thunal
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:03 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:57 pm hope i’m not wrong about this because i’ll look like even more of an idiot than i already do buuuut im really confident it’s just martin
TO BE FAIR,

I do have Asperger's Syndrome. Which may be making things difficult regardless of each other's efforts (or I guess lack of my effort rn lol).

So mischopping here isn't really your fault, especially since nobody here knows me & that I'm new-ish to FM.

As much as I emotionally resent the idea of being mischopped under the current context, for various reasons, the last thing I want to do is to make you feel bad for it.

(unless you're part of the 0.0001% chance that you're mafia, then yeah I guess I do hate your guts a bit)
i’m not sure how to respond to this
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i don’t understand why if martin is town and has the time to make appeal after appeal he doesn’t dedicate some of that energy and time to instead trying to solve the game more conclusively and figure out who it is between nook and tutuu. i feel like this is a natural thing to do if you’re going to spend so much time here anyway
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

martin, where are you leaning between tutuu and nook, and why?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

or well, i guess you’re leaning tutuu

why is tutuu more likely mafia than nook iyo? why does she fit better with lc/sloonei?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:09 pm why is tutuu more likely mafia than nook iyo? why does she fit better with lc/sloonei?
Sigh. Fine. I guess I'll go make a summary about my problems Tutuu because clearly people aren't going to stop asking me about this.

Keep in mind this is a summary, and its probably not going to be a full-blown analysis about interactions with LC/Sloonei unless I feel like it.

But I really don't see the point in doing so since the next two days after my chop are either Nook->Tutuu or Tutuu->Nook, and will end in their respective days for the case of them being mafia.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:07 pm i don’t understand why if martin is town and has the time to make appeal after appeal he doesn’t dedicate some of that energy and time to instead trying to solve the game more conclusively and figure out who it is between nook and tutuu. i feel like this is a natural thing to do if you’re going to spend so much time here anyway
i think he's just trying to win. he will keep making posts like that as long as u keep saying ur stuff imo
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:15 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:09 pm why is tutuu more likely mafia than nook iyo? why does she fit better with lc/sloonei?
Sigh. Fine. I guess I'll go make a summary about my problems Tutuu because clearly people aren't going to stop asking me about this.

Keep in mind this is a summary, and its probably not going to be a full-blown analysis about interactions with LC/Sloonei unless I feel like it.

But I really don't see the point in doing so since the next two days after my chop are either Nook->Tutuu or Tutuu->Nook, and will end in their respective days for the case of them being mafia.
if you don’t want to do it i’m not gonna force you. i would like the benefit of your perspective if you’re town but it’s up to you

Thunal tomorrow maybe, if game is still going. Don’t think anyone else is going over today so probably not needed.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:03 pm
TO BE FAIR,

[ytubehd]jv7jcciKB_s[/ytubehd]

Wtf happened to that link. Let’s try again

staypositivefriend
Hitman

i actually kind of really want it to be martin because it will mean that the hivemind between me and hally on d2 was not only a mindmeld, but a correct mindmeld
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 10:23 pm i actually kind of really want it to be martin because it will mean that the hivemind between me and hally on d2 was not only a mindmeld, but a correct mindmeld
All the more reason for townies not to hold it against themselves for my mischop
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Here's a summary or list of issues w/ Tutuu. I got distracted while doing it, so it took longer than it should've.

Also this isn't really written to be a case, so I'm not expecting it to convince anybody. But maybe it'll give you some ideas of where my head is at.

Some quotes may be trimmed.
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:24 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:21 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:20 pm Honestly I am tinfoiling that Tutuu is scum here.
can you talk to me about this? what specific things are making u worry about her?
Her progression on Alison. It just looks funky at times, maybe even fence sitting. Not to mention she was town-reading Alison for large parts of D1 iirc.

But within an hour or two earlier she puts Alison fairly high on her scum-read list.

Also if she's scum I think her stance regarding her reads of "I think everyone else is town" or something like that is mean to make her quite maneuverable without being put in a box for her reads.

I can get the quotes, but it'll take some time.
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:26 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:24 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:19 pm
tutuu wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:16 pm Martin pls control + f "alison" in the quick topic and the last 2 pages of this thread, i really dont feel like rewriting stuff ive written, im sorry!
So you're admitting that many of the arguments made for your change of opinion on Alison are from others?

In fact, you even said this in the QT:

I think Alison is town because she always seems to get herself scumread and in the PoE as town except that one time in Radiohead where she tryharded because she got pissed of it happening. If she's Mafia here she's playing poorly and I have trust in her that she would play her hearts out if she was Mafia.

Yes i was assuming carotte will flip scum. Alison looks bad then. She had a lot of w/w equity with carotte

Carotte flipping town made me think - looks like alison isnt in that bad of a position after all, which was the cause of my townread

I made this exact post on this day phase a few hours ago martin
"If she's Mafia here she's playing poorly and I have trust in her that she would play her hearts out if she was Mafia."

This statement seems like it applied regardless of anyone else's alignment in the game imo.
To summarize a bit, I really disliked Tutuu's reads list (Link here) early on and I felt like it would be one thats more likely to come from scum rather than town. This is because if anyone has a question about why X suddenly got moved onto the readslist, all it takes is a "Oh lately what they've been doing is scummy" or "The points that other people made here made sense so I can see them as possibly mafia". And then...

She basically does that, from my point of view. When I asked about her change of reads on Alison, she says to ctrl+f and search for her past posts. The thing is, her posts alone (even in the QT) don't show a crystal-clear progression unless we look at other's posts within the context of time. What I was getting at here is that she was adjusting her reads DUE TO the shift in general perception on Alison, rather than as a result of anything done by Tutuu other than acknowledge that. To make matters worse...

I don't think someone makes this statement and flip-flops in reaction to contextual negative consensus towards the same person that the statement that Tutuu made was referring to. Tutuu here was evaluating Alison as TWTBAW, and yet when other people bring up questions about Alison's alignment in relation to Carotenoid's green flip then Tutuu suddenly has a change of heart on the matter?
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:42 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:39 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:36 pm Okay. Help me understand where you are in the game right now. You had suspects earlier, but I got the impression your reads there have drastically changed. How are you seeing the game right now? Do you think the exe against you is opportunistic or led by wrong townies?
I'm feeling a bit more than just GTH that they may all be town....lately I've been thinking the last 2 scums are Sloonei + Tutuu if I can ascertain that SPF + Hally + Thunal + Nutella are 100% town.

I'm preety close to feeling that they all already are town and I've obviously committed to thinking you're 100% town.

I've also been looking into the Thunal33 vs. Alison thing earlier and I wanna say you're both town on the basis that it was an early playstyle difference that ended sour for both, of which may have influenced each other's future perceptions of each other's posts, which is why you guys were both almost at each other's throats.
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:38 am
Alison wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:41 am The POE is small enough that for Sloonei not to be scum would mean that there are two deepwolves. I think that's really hard for mafia to have in general, and I think if they did have two deepwolves they would have enough clout to convince everyone not to vote LC. Therefore there's only one deepwolf as most. Therefore Sloonei is scum.

If we accept this, I think the people with the highest deepwolf equity are nanook or tutuu. Both had strong D1s and D2s and then are doing less D3 after a scum exe. I don't think nanook has posted at all and tutuu has gone all-in on the "I am a sheep" thing. I still townread them individually and think this behavior is very well within their respective town ranges, but it's where I'd look first for a deepwolf.
Okay, this is (almost, not entirely) exactly my thoughts.

Also that I find

Nutella
SPF
Hally
Thunal
Alison

As more or less indisputably town
(Except for maybe a Hally + SPF scum team, but similar to how Alison reasoned above I think they may have been able to help avoid an LC elimination for at least a day by, for example, pushing me harder on D2)
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:38 am I also didn't like the sheepy-attitude of Tutuu as of late. It kinda goes along with the "hey I'm flexible with you" sort of scum strategy in my opinion. Especially her day 1 reads list was all "hey I tr all these people, I find carotenoid scummy, and for my 2 other scum reads I just don't know but someone has to be scum". I mean like, its kinda of prolonging your reads list until you get a sense of where the thread is going and then posture your reads for that. I can understand her reasons for sheeping if she was honestly wrong about Long Con, but I just don't feel its plausible within the current game-state that she's town.
Here's bits of me establishing others as town, in a wide-clearing manner though I never specifically cased someone as town in a specific post. This is important because it meant the last two scum were in Sloonei/Tutuu/Nanook

This is mostly self-explanatory. But basically I wasn't finding anything that Tutuu was doing as towny from my perspective, its like she double-downed on a scum strategy where she's influenced by the town general consensus rather than having to do any (or much) solving on her own. The only way I could perceive it as town is if I was them and was completely stressed by Long Con's mafia flip. However, as established by me above, there are two scums in Tutuu/Sloonei/Nanook and this isn't really doing her any favors from my perspective.
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:47 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 5:30 pm how did tutuu interact with long con?

tutuu's early townread on long con on viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1958&p=674861#p674861 is notable - i still do think this is a towny moment for tutuu, but it loses a little bit of the town equity that i originally gave it in light of lc being mafia.

i only find viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1958&p=675445#p675445 scummy in the sense that tutuu is giving a lot of attention to long con and going out of her way to interact with him - this is otherwise neutral

the hedginess toward long con on viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1958&p=676009#p676009 raised my eyebrows a little bit - i get why tutuu would be cautious of long con if she was town, but i havent really seen her throw out that amount of self-doubt toward her own townread before, it makes me feel like tutuu was uncomfortable w/her tr on long con

tutuu doubles down on her tr on lc on viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1958&p=676730#p676730 - my gut reaction is that tutuu would treat her partners with a little more distance and not be so brazen

viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1958&p=677419#p677419 actually bothers me a bit - i dont understand how tutuu went from saying "long con town long con town" a couple of hours before saying that she doesn't mind if we chop long con. why didn't she want to defend a townread that she clearly strongly believed in? it's not like she was shy about sticking up for her read either - she says in viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1958&p=677812#p677812 that she was fully expecting long con to flip town, too

how did long con interact with tutuu?

viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1958&p=675588#p675588 this would be a cocky post for lc to make about his partner so early in the game, lol

long con continues to townread tutuu from that point forward - which is why his choice to throw shade on tutuu on viewtopic.php?f=273&t=1958&p=676190#p676190 is a little bit weird. i got the impression that long con was trying to pocket tutuu by aggressively tr'ing her, and wouldn't throwing that kind of shade on her potentially jeopardize his ability to do that?

conclusion:

i still think that tutuu is more likely town than not - but there are a couple of eyebrow raising moments here. tutuu/lc had a couple of interactions that rub me the wrong way, and i would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this as well
Going from top to bottom, my reactions to it.

-I think its towny regardless, though I suppose you can argue it doesn't have as much town equity given a mafia flip.

-Agreed.

-I come to the conclusion that its a bit weird given that there are no posts mentioning or reacting to Long Con in awhile from Tutuu in connection to that post. Prior to the post, the last Long Con interaction was preety much an entire IRL day. Otherwise I can imagine that this is just Tutuu trying to be a bit silly if I had to assume Tutuu is town here. After all, there was a mention of "Special Agent Jay" by Tutuu on the post prior to it about an hour before it. Of course, this is assuming a town Tutuu.

-I get the gut feeling of scummy AI from this sort of thing rather than "oh this is scummy now because Long Con flipped red". She put a lot of faith into the derp-clear without any sort of clear sense of paranoia or even bringing up other reasons for the town-read. Its scummy confidence either because they're protecting a teammate or they're TMI'ing on a towny or etc.

-Agreed.

-Also agreed.

-Annnnnd agreed.
This section is mostly self-explanatory. Keep in mind SPF asked for other's thoughts here.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Dyslexicon »

[mention]tutuu[/mention]
[mention]Hally[/mention]
[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention]
[mention]staypositivefriend[/mention]
[mention]Thunal33[/mention]
[mention]nutella[/mention]
[mention]MartinGG99[/mention]

A majority has been reached regarding shortening days.

Day will be shortened to 24 hours this day. The poll will reflect this. There's 12+ hours left.
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

[VOTE: Martin] aubergine
[VOTE: Hally] aubergine
[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
[VOTE: Thun] aubergine
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

hype
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im gonna feel so stupid if martin is town and we killed him right after alison died :why: it’s okay though, martin will flip scum. trust and believe
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

lettuce win
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

if martin is the sheppard of this game, does that make me phighter for randomly reversing my correct reads and hard defending mafia? :omg:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:30 pm if martin is the sheppard of this game, does that make me phighter for randomly reversing my correct reads and hard defending mafia?
Did you miss the point/posts I made about making connections from me to Sheppard and how inherently misguided or wrongful that is in my opinion?
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:32 pm Did you miss the point/posts I made about making connections from me to Sheppard and how inherently misguided or wrongful that is in my opinion?
Or do you seriously think someone without any sort of actual FM-like (in terms of principles and play) experience before starting a FM career can achieve what Sheppard did in less than 10 games?
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:32 pm
Hally wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:30 pm if martin is the sheppard of this game, does that make me phighter for randomly reversing my correct reads and hard defending mafia?
Did you miss the point/posts I made about making connections from me to Sheppard and how inherently misguided or wrongful that is in my opinion?
martin, i’m not comparing you to shep in the sense of you being like him as a player or being as experienced as him or anything. i’m simply making a joke because shep was the last mafia and i think you‘re mafia. also, i see similarities specifically between how shep approached his last day and how you approached this day that make me more confident you’re mafia. that is the extent of what i mean
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:37 pmalso, i see similarities specifically between how shep approached his last day and how you approached this day that make me more confident you’re mafia.
:shrug:

Nothing I can do about that, I guess.

Still sounds like you're adding the comparison as additional evidence though for your perspective only.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 3:41 pm Still sounds like you're adding the comparison as additional evidence though for your perspective only.
But atp I'm tired about arguing over it

so believe whatever you want -_-
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Going back to this, (though my post here is kinda oddly worded but its kinda the best way I can put it):
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 21, 2020 9:16 pm it does matter. are you not paranoid at all that it could be someone else?
Tbqh I don't get the point as to why townies should always have paranoia just because "it could be someone else". It makes little sense to me to always have it. I get why paranoia should be had at times though.

I mean, I once asked during one of the MU Twitch podcasts (in the chat) what was the hardest skill to train as town and they all said it was reassessing (which by extension involves paranoia).

But what the hell is that supposed to do if you actually have it correct?

Fmpov if my theory is correct (which I have high confidence in) then me trying to reassess anyone else as anything else is just bad because it moves away from the correct answer.

Obviously, I don't know if its the correct answer. No town ever does, however what towns can try to do is determine its plausibility (and everything else's plausibility).

And what I've been saying for the past (60?) hours or so is that the last 2 scums are in Sloonei/Tutuu/Nanook, which is now the last scum is in Tutuu/Nanook.

If that does turn out to be correct by the end of this game, regardless of win or lose, I'm going to be quite satisfied with myself. Though I am going to be a bit disappointed that this game also meant being chopped by townies because I'm preety sure that 85% of the pushes or pushing (aside from Sloonei as he was dying on D3) onto me have come from townies.

And if I'm somehow incorrect? Well its a good time to learn what I should be looking for in the future with post-game analysis.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Day has ended!

A new night has arrived
and we will part with

[mention]MartinGG99[/mention] gained the most votes.
[mention]nutella[/mention] gained the least votes.
[mention]Thunal33[/mention] was spirited away.

Only two will return.

The grass is always greener in summer...

Night 4 begins

[mention]tutuu[/mention]
[mention]Hally[/mention]
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Day 5

Finally, two silhouettes approaches the rest of the group.
One was left behind.

[mention]nutella[/mention] and [mention]Thunal33[/mention] survives.

[mention]MartinGG99[/mention] was left behind.

He was a seeker (town).

There was also more death.

[mention]Hally[/mention] was found all dead like on the ground.

They were a seeker (town).

[mention]tutuu[/mention]
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

weh :(
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Damn it I want this to be over
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Maybe I just need to find out who cares about me enough to keep putting me in the grasslands. :P I’m leaning towards Nook as I said in the grasslands but I’ll do some more research and analysis and general work. My first wrong read at the time of the flip this game, yay!
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Honestly I’m not that upset since I like solving another day and I townread Martin for most of the game.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Rackets”