Sesame Street Mafia Game Over Town Wins

Moderator: Community Team

Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145

Re: Sesame Street Mafia Day 3

Post by Master Radishes »

I've kind of felt for awhile that the gamestate suggests a relatively low-impact scum team. Like they aren't running the show here; they're trying to nod along and get by unnoticed. To me Belzy didn't fit into that, but of course not every scum member has to I suppose.

But I think we'll find scum in, like, Falcon or Epi. Or Wilgy, though I don't really feel that one at the moment.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 105

Post by S~V~S »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:48 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:39 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:33 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:04 pm [VOTE: Mastah Rahdeesh ] aubergine

seems like the rational vote

really think the lunch must be in mr / wilgy / epi today, don’t see any reason to wander elsewhere
Do you really think my wolfy attempt to stop the Belzy chop was limited to 'it's probably t/t, actually maybe not, I dunno' ?
im not sure what you were trying to do. i kinda think you just didn’t know how to navigate it.

i think it was more of an “act like i don’t have tmi” thing and trying to test whether there were odds at saving belzy
Okay. Or it could just be the simple solution.
I'm not sure why being on the fence about an unusual case makes you bad? I mean, Ted pushed back, too. You seemed pretty sincere to me.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Master Radishes
Hitman

tedxtr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:51 pm your reasons for thinking it’s v/v were so shallow

“they both seem to believe in their angle”

there’s 0 interest in diving deeper than that.

i’ve spotted some other weird posts but i’ll get to them later. just think the PoE is getting tight /shrug
Okay.
Master Radishes
Hitman

It's late here so I'll do my own thang tomorrow or whenever.

But like...I get how level 0 thinking suggests I'm connected to Belzy. But surely I deserve a bit more credit than level 0 thinking.
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 128
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

another thing was that you were giving takes on people outside of the event, related to the event, as if you were getting ahead of the curve

and even that you got wrong. you put LC and myself in the same bucket when neither of us really “commented” on the thing, we avoided it or gave a response on it, which is the opposite of commentary
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

LC said thunal svs are wolves if belzy is town and if belzy is wolf, that thunal / svs are villas

I said belzy is a wolf

Usually if you have a problem with commentary, it’s because it lacks a conclusion, but we gave the conclusion without any engaging ourselves in it. There was no commentary.

It makes it seem like you needed to use that situation to propel your reads after
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Oh okay I chose the wrong descriptor.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:52 pm I've kind of felt for awhile that the gamestate suggests a relatively low-impact scum team. Like they aren't running the show here; they're trying to nod along and get by unnoticed. To me Belzy didn't fit into that, but of course not every scum member has to I suppose.

But I think we'll find scum in, like, Falcon or Epi. Or Wilgy, though I don't really feel that one at the moment.
Why not wilgy?
ImageImageImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

[VOTE: Epi] aubergine
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Lime Coke wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:17 pm [VOTE: Epi] aubergine
Going through bottom of Kate's list got 1 maf.

Let's see if it gets another.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 76

Post by Epignosis »

I'm not mafia. J is for Jesus.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:06 pm @Epignosis please explain your d1 read of belzy, what you wolfread them for and what the posts were that made you change your mind
Give me an hour, and I'll do just that.
Seanzie
Polarized
Posts in topic: 150
Preferred Pronouns: he/him or they/them

Post by Seanzie »

tedxtr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:25 pm im spewed

also, sean probably villa, LC might be one but lower odds
This is the fourth time you've mentioned me and LC together. Yesterday you kept repeating our names saying we could be town but are going lower on your list, even though it was less than halfway through the day, and didn't update that at all when at least I started posting.

Tell me about me. From SoD2 to just before this post. Tell me about your thoughts on me.

Separately, tell me why you are so concerned with me and LC together always?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Zenon] aubergine
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:52 pm I've kind of felt for awhile that the gamestate suggests a relatively low-impact scum team. Like they aren't running the show here; they're trying to nod along and get by unnoticed. To me Belzy didn't fit into that, but of course not every scum member has to I suppose.

I'm sorry you are Belzy's teammate.

[VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 8:41 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:06 pm @Epignosis please explain your d1 read of belzy, what you wolfread them for and what the posts were that made you change your mind
I don't have an explanation. I know I look bad.
Seanzie
Polarized

Re: Sesame Street Mafia Day 1

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 6:21 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 10:05 am
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 12:39 am
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 4:14 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:17 pm
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:13 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 2:07 pm @Seanzie definitely once, possibly twice. I didn’t notice and movement any other time. I don’t know for 100% sure. I wasn’t refreshing like clockwork, I know I saw it once after the initial time, but I won’t swear it never happened again.

I saw what I saw and her reaction cemented it for me.
Just to be sure I understand though, when you say "definitely once", do you mean that

1.) you definitely saw it for one 2-3 minute period between refreshes,

or did you have a situation where you:

2.) saw it, knowing you hadn't refreshed, hadn't clicked to see more posts, anything, for at least 2-3 minutes, then refreshed and it was still there?
I'm specifically asking because while Belzy's story seems weird, she does give of kind of an indignant vibe about it. It is possible that is bravado (and that is what I'm leaning towards), but I'd like to rule out the possiblity that your two stories are compatable. The poll is a little funny in how it resets (and I just did a few tests to check my understanding myself), so I want to make sure I know exactly what you're claiming to see to check if it is truly incompatible with Belzy's claim, or compatible, but coming from a misunderstanding about the poll.
I already townread Sean but this confirms it for me. Town are way more likely to think of things like testing how the poll resets because they're actually solving instead of faking it.
What are these tests and how do you preform them?
I don't know. I just think the idea of testing the poll is towny.
That's weird.

Seanzie, what are these tests and how do you perform them and why do they make you a civilian?
I opened two windows, one where I would change my vote, and another where I could view the poll. I tried to figure out under what conditions the poll would actually refresh. Clicking the "[1] new post" thingy does refresh the poll. Sitting around doesn't seem to (at least for a few minutes). I have seen weird poll animations in the past though, so I am not 100% confident I know how the poll works, but based on what SVS was saying it seemed legit. My biggest issue was the fact that a 2-second misclick could cause the poll to appear in a certain way for a long time if the person did not refresh.

Nothing except my rolecard makes me a townie. You'll have to ask Thunal why they think this makes me a townie. I can see an argument, but it is level 1, and I have enough respect for Thun (and generally distrust Thun) that I do not want to touch the rest of your question with a 10-foot pole.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:53 pm
I responded to the other thing because I found it when thinking about asking you about this.

Do your best please.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

What the fuck am I doing? Belzy was bad. I can do stuff.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:00 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 9:53 pm
I responded to the other thing because I found it when thinking about asking you about this.

Do your best please.
Clarification: I was just ISOing Epi, and I wanted to ask about this, but I felt remiss doing that since I saw that there was a thing Epi asked me that I had forgotten to respond to, so I tried to do things in proper order.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I have about 20 more minutes of work and then I'm free to lock in on this.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@falcon45ca is probably wolf. I say probably here to mean >50% chance.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:08 pm @falcon45ca is probably wolf. I say probably here to mean >50% chance.
(which is >>rand!wolf)

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 5:36 am In the interests of not being my usual snarky and unhelpful self, and also because I'm bored atm, I'll respond properly.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm I'm a bit worried about their whole PoE thing yesterday. It felt very contrived, and it seemed like a way for them to avoid doing any work on their own while trying to look townie.
That's...certainly a possible interpretation. An uncharitable one, but valid I guess.

The gamestate in D1 was lacklustre. We didn't have much direction. That's not uncommon, of course, and I myself am often all over the place D1. But I wanted to create a PoE for myself and include others' inputs (hence doing it publicly, not in my own head) because there were slots I wasn't sure on (e.g. I felt compromised on reading Zenon at that point).

I didn't intend to make it a bigger thing, but then, getting to see where people's heads were at, I noticed a pattern emerging (earlier responders named most or all of SVS/fingersplints/Seanzie as no-chops) and pursued it a bit.

As a side note, I'll point out that we had a fairly wide good opinion (let's say 'townlean') on SVS/Splints/Seanzie and none of them were the NK. I don't think that has to mean anything just yet, but it might be interesting to remember that after further NKs.
Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm The Epi is low EV thing might have been at a time where Epi had only two posts.
Epi was just a bad value D1 kill regardless of whatever post count he was at. (Sorry, Epi.) I think he can easily still be a scum slot here, but I don't actually have a particularly strong opinion. When Falcon voted there I followed mostly for funsies. You never know what might happen when a sudden small wagon springs up, y'know?

Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm Then today's "where is Falcon?" post gave me the heebee jeebies.

Why?

Seanzie wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 6:50 pm Finally, the way they talked about the Belzy reaction seems to have a bit of a timescale issue (but I could be wrong). In their first post about it, they mention that SVS/Belzy looks like t/t, and end that post saying "Belzy's strong reaction could be a wolfy attempt to fight back". The way this post is written, it looks like it was all written at once with no re-reading in between.... but then a few posts later they say that on initial read they thought Belzy was indignant townie, but upon re-read thought cornered scum.

Was that first post written before the re-read? (it sure doesn't feel like it from the last paragraph), or after the re-read (it sure doesn't feel like it from the first 2/3 of the post)? Seems very weird. Feels kind of like the timeline of MR's thoughts was made up afterwards to serve a purpose.
I don't...quite get the issue here? I skimmed the whole Belzy/SVS briefly, felt it was 'indignant towny', then later re-read more carefully and wavered on that opinion?

Why did you feel the need to ping Falcon? What led you to do that?

falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 28

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:08 pm @falcon45ca is probably wolf. I say probably here to mean >50% chance.

Well fuck, nobody told me.

Here I've been towning it up to the extreme
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:11 pm

Do you think I'm wolfy for pushing you right now?

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:12 pm

Are you pushing me? I hadn't noticed.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:13 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:12 pm

Are you pushing me? I hadn't noticed.
Yes you did. Please answer the question. Do you think I'm wolfy for pushing you right now?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:10 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:42 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 5:40 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:34 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:32 am
tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:42 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:59 am Is not being in the poll NAI... at random?
probably, tho i imagine someone is bound to be pissed if one of them turns out to be an obvwolf and we can’t lunch them

myself included
I'd bet a million dollars one is a wolf and the other is town
Why would it work that way?
Why wouldn't it?
Apparently itsa recruiting bonus, so itsa totally NAI thing.
Recruiting bonus? Roxy said me and Kate would start with something in the opening post, not Kate and MR. I'm still waiting lol.
This post is non-sarcastically mildly sus for Thun.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:26 am Kinda annoying can't vote for two players today. Kate and MR go into the null pile until d2.
I expected someone to be annoyed about the prizes. I kept my mouth shut.

Kate is dead and MR is now.

I'll see how that plays out.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:34 am
Zenon wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 4:32 am
tedxtr wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 3:42 am
Belzy wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 2:59 am Is not being in the poll NAI... at random?
probably, tho i imagine someone is bound to be pissed if one of them turns out to be an obvwolf and we can’t lunch them

myself included
I'd bet a million dollars one is a wolf and the other is town
Why would it work that way?
Indignant.
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 12:15 pm
Seanzie wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:43 am
Thunal33 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:32 am I'm liking Belzy so far since I think her reactions and general gameplay have been to move the game along and imo that continued focus is level 1 towny. So far I think Zenon looks the worst because she feels caught for the wrong reasons.
What has Belzy done to move the game along?
Imo her MR push had that intention.
This is a bad post.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

So I'm ISOing myself, and would you all believe that like... I really didn't remember much from D1, and re-found Belzy D2. I know, that's like weird, but while I read my own ISO, I'm being surprised.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@falcon45ca

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

[VOTE: Thunal] aubergine

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

After reading my own ISO (yes, conceited much, but I feel like it was helpful to me), I was reminded of a lot of sus of Thunal. I am going to look at their ISO. I don't have the best read of them, but I do think they are worth looking at.

Also Kate had them at the bottom of their list, so worth a look all you townies out there.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@falcon45ca I haven't forgotten about you though. Where are you?

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:46 pm @falcon45ca I haven't forgotten about you though. Where are you?

Just got home from work.

No I don't think you're wolfy for pushing me, cuz I don't think you're pushing me, I think you're just trying to get a rise out of me

Which is kinda towny IMO
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:58 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:46 pm @falcon45ca I haven't forgotten about you though. Where are you?

Just got home from work.

No I don't think you're wolfy for pushing me, cuz I don't think you're pushing me, I think you're just trying to get a rise out of me

Which is kinda towny IMO
You aren't being townie though.

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

@Thunal33 can you TLDR your progression on Zenon?

Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 139
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

Master Radishes wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:33 pm
tedxtr wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 7:04 pm [VOTE: Mastah Rahdeesh ] aubergine

seems like the rational vote

really think the lunch must be in mr / wilgy / epi today, don’t see any reason to wander elsewhere
Do you really think my wolfy attempt to stop the Belzy chop was limited to 'it's probably t/t, actually maybe not, I dunno' ?
I think Belzy's teammates would have known Belzy was dying for most of the phase so they'd try to look good off it.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 9:58 am
S~V~S wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 7:49 pm
fingersplints wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:42 pm
I would have picked SVS for inexplicable reasons of gut reads, but I like your take. I’ll put you in town lean.
You’ve played with me long enough to know I take more suspish when I’m town. I don’t give much of a damn how I sound when I’m town and say whatever. People almost always read me as null this early when I’m bad since I’m about a zillion percent more careful. I respect inexplicable gut reads, though. You do you.

I had to walk away this AM As I found the tone in here a bit frustrating, which probably didn’t help.

I think Kates frustrated reaction to Sean’s push at her was a good look, but I haven’t read back past the last post I wrote this AM and the one I’m replying to.

@robyn i saw your @ earlier, and I’ll get you in the AM. I have fairly complex thoughts on your game in general. But to be honest to address your question, I’d have to go back past the last page, and that won’t be happening now. I’ll get you and whatever else I need to address in the AM.
I decided to check this against se7en, and overall I think it checks out and SVS did lie low a bit more there. At first I thought the response to tutuu I quoted below was drawing attention from her but it feels like she was walking back the poke in the end.

From Se7en:
S~V~S wrote: Wed Jun 14, 2023 10:14 am @tutuu , Trivia is maybe the wrong word. Little suspicions for weird reasons, or iffy reasons. It feels like either mud slinging or reaction testing? And I have problems telling the two apart. Is reaction testing a you thing?

You seem a bit jumpy here which you did not do iirc in the recent game I played with you as a civ.

You feel like you’re trying too hard to find something, maybe? I have to go read you in that other game, maybe I am misrecalling.
Thun is a math!folk like me. This is a precarious deduction, and Thun knows this.

falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:59 pm

Just got home from work.

Which is kinda towny IMO

What?

You crazy man, I'm prolly the towniest town who ever towned
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Will do some analysis but off the top of my head I suspect Wilgy. It pinged me that Belzy took the effort to say I was wrong in calling her and Wilgy w/w. Like if she wasn't teamed with Wilgy, wouldn't she just not respond to me calling them w/w and let me wrongly think they were?
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:05 pm Will do some analysis but off the top of my head I suspect Wilgy. It pinged me that Belzy took the effort to say I was wrong in calling her and Wilgy w/w. Like if she wasn't teamed with Wilgy, wouldn't she just not respond to me calling them w/w and let me wrongly think they were?
Quote posts please.

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:40 pm [VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
I hope you're not seriously suspecting me.
ImageImage
Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:05 pm

Just got home from work.

Which is kinda towny IMO

What?

You heard me. Why do I have to @ you for content?

What do you need right now to prove to me your alignment?

Seanzie
Polarized

Post by Seanzie »

Thunal33 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:09 pm
Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 10:40 pm [VOTE: Thunal] aubergine
I hope you're not seriously suspecting me.
This emotion... is completely faked.

Thunal as a person regularly deals with suspicion from me. I can provide evidence from essentially every game Thun and I have played together since she came back. This is just... not right. Period.

@Thunal33 do you disagree?

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:08 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:05 pm Will do some analysis but off the top of my head I suspect Wilgy. It pinged me that Belzy took the effort to say I was wrong in calling her and Wilgy w/w. Like if she wasn't teamed with Wilgy, wouldn't she just not respond to me calling them w/w and let me wrongly think they were?
Quote posts please.
Belzy wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2023 1:51 am
Thunal33 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2023 11:15 pm A tinfoil I have is Belzy/Wilgy w/w. Belzy was doing a lot of talking about how she wanted to eliminate Wilgy after she switched back to robyn but wasn't really advocating for a CFD. These posts were after both her and myself switched to Robyn and they felt like she was putting on a show for the thread.
Belzy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:51 pm

You give me allergies. If you survive day and night, and also post d2 like this, I will advocate your lynch.
Belzy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:52 pm
For some reason it is hard to create a real wagon on Wilg.
Belzy wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:57 pm Just calling a CFD on you.

Will you act like this on d2 also?
Last game I did the same w/moto. Also then i was not very vocal w/my CFD. I just give it attention and a vote.
This is the one I was thinking of. I made other posts suspecting Belzy at the same time but she only tried to play off the one where I called her/Wilgy w/w.
ImageImage
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Seanzie wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:10 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Thu Jul 27, 2023 11:05 pm

Just got home from work.

Which is kinda towny IMO

What?

You heard me. Why do I have to @ you for content?

What do you need right now to prove to me your alignment?

It's been a busy week for me, and I find myself lacking sleep and motivation atm.

Don't worry I know the remedy...cocaine! Or a good night sleep, I'm unsure which

I'll do the things soon, I promise

Return to “Previous Heists”