38%

Total votes: 8
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 2

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:08 pm Light green to Abigail and S~V~S as partners (probably not, but possibly)
Fun fact I've been told I'm awful with tmi as wolf
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

But that my town reads look like tmi as town

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Have fun

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 11:57 pm There is a reasonable precedent established on The Syndicate for mafia cursers to target their own members. It's an old tradition (and cursing roles themselves are kind of an old tradition). I think it's barely a mechanical credit to Scotty that he was targeted, but not clearing.

The better question is probably what is Scotty doing with his condition? I appreciate that he is at least trying to be coherent within his limitations.
Gonna claim now that if I get cursed I won't post

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:21 am GTH reads on my POE pool:

Abigail - mafia
LoRab - mafia
Michelle - mafia
Scotty - town
S~V~S - mafia
Thunal - town
ts account - mafia

One mafia too many, but that's okay with me. Also I am probably far too biased by my own analytic workload to be able to achieve proper "GTH reads" at this point, but whatever I AM bored.
Your read on me changes faster than my emotional stability

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:10 am Thanks robyn and Bereft, truly. You've made an extremely difficult task plausible, and who knows -- maybe that's the extra leg that pushes town over the line.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

That seems...a bit over the top

ImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Okay
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 609
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:18 am

Abigail - mafia
LoRab - mafia
Michelle - mafia
Scotty - town
S~V~S - mafia
Thunal - town
ts account - mafia

One mafia too many, but that's okay with me. Also I am probably far too biased by my own analytic workload to be able to achieve proper "GTH reads" at this point, but whatever I AM bored.
Definitely torn on you, yes.

Who are your strongest town reads?
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
☆Princess Abigail☆

Bereft wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:59 am Would bet GTH Neon is a wolf atm, in concurrence with Thunal based off something dumb.
Explain cause bad and wrong

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Michele is town

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:06 am @Michelle as your time permits, I think the absolute best thing you could provide are your impressions of these people (maybe from an ISO skim):

S~V~S, LoRab, Scotty, Abigail
Town, Dunno, Wolfy, Town
or any subset of them if you don't have time
:omg:

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:28 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:22 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:12 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:11 am I was very serious about suspecting Michelle and am a bit irked that folks hardly engaged. Her reads did not look real, and that has been the common theme every time I have seen her as mafia.
what do you think about me hard pushing the chop away from her if she does flip red?

also i am expecting her to towntell today and i'm conscious of the fact that she's been pocket-y towards me
If I call you town this game will I cry post game
you cried post game bc of misreading me?
I cry a lot...I blame the hormones

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

But maybe

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Not directly that

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

But related

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:28 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:26 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:24 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:22 am
robyn wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:16 am besides michelle do you have any sr's
Not concretely. I have vague suspicions, like of S~V~S, that I could not as clearly describe. Others are hard null.

I might scum read Rondo. But I might also take your advice and ignore for the time being.
cape/rondo/bereft/me

my towncore

you can't disagree with any name here.
I bet I could
who? why?
Tinfoil

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I'm tinfoiling a you/JJJ possibly Bereft and Thunal team that just decided to power wolf this game to death

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:39 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:37 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:42 am Someone tell me why Michelle is town.
Someone tell me why vigi didn't end Michelle night 1
ask vig lol
I'd love to

Vigilante step forward pls you must be stoned

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:39 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:38 am I'm the towniest town
you’re not
Hot... but Mac would find me

Git gud

Like Mac

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:52 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:51 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:00 am I feel like Abigail is town, and my null read is just outdated stubbornness. Her treatment of me was town.

Swap her with Scotty in my solve.
Better yes. I should be obv town
You aren't.
Skill issue tbh

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:32 am abbie feels hollow and her past 15 posts are almost offensive
Hot

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

robyn wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:34 am abbie is a player i can't read, so when i just randed wolf against her i watched her like a hawk, and she doesn't feel invested here, reads or time wise

and she doesn't even like wolfing
Correct I'm not invested

Not because I'm a wolf

I just don't fucking care I got other things on my mind

Now to be frank. I hate wolfing... but I wolf my cute little ass off until my team is in a position to win. I don't dip till game is GG as wolf.

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:59 am This is probably best not done. Innocent mistake, but not exactly rules-kosher.
I think I've done a far more egregious thing this page than that post

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:26 am
DarlingMonroe wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:06 pm working my way, on page 26 rn + writing a reply with multiple quotes :)
Be obvtown pls
It was than that she realized

This did not happen

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:27 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:18 am

Abigail - mafia
LoRab - mafia
Michelle - mafia
Scotty - town
S~V~S - mafia
Thunal - town
ts account - mafia

Definitely torn on you, yes.

Who are your strongest town reads?
I'll get there

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

J3 Robyn team is just GGs

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Like they control this game entirely

ImageImage

RondoDimBuckle
Posts in topic: 582
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:21 am Like they control this game entirely
Why didnt you join me pushing JJJ all the first 24 hours+ of this day phase? why now?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 75

Post by S~V~S »

OK, I had a pretty ugly day yesterday, it involved going to another state to help a family member in an emergency. Everyone is all right, I picked up my dog and am back home. It could have been worse, it was the next state over, but still. Didn't have much time for Mafia.

Will try to catch up to why I have 3 votes, but I'm shot. Gonna make some coffee and be back in a bit, to read my @'s and try to catch up at least somewhat.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Oh two votes. Well, that's not that bad lol.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:38 am Plausible Thunal teams within my interactive analysis (so S~V~S/Scotty combinations included):

[Thunal, Michelle, SVS, ts account] - all ts account | Michelle/S~V~S; Thunal/Michelle | Thunal/S~V~S
[Thunal, Michelle, Abigail, ts account] - all ts account | Michelle/Abigail; Thunal/Michelle | Thunal/Abigail
[Thunal, Michelle, LoRab, ts account] - all ts account | Michelle/LoRab; Thunal/Michelle | Thunal/LoRab
[Thunal, Scotty, Abigail, ts account] - all ts account | Abigail/Scotty; Thunal/Abigail | Thunal/Scotty
[Thunal, SVS, LoRab, ts account] - all ts account | LoRab/S~V~S; Thunal/S~V~S | Thunal/LoRab
[Thunal, Abigail, LoRab, ts account] - all ts account | Abigail/LoRab; Thunal/LoRab | Thunal/Abigail
[Thunal, Scotty, Michelle, ts account] - all ts account; Scotty/Michelle; Thunal/Scotty | Thunal/Michelle
[Thunal, Scotty, LoRab, ts account] - all ts account; Scotty/LoRab; Thunal/Scotty | Thunal/LoRab
[Thunal, Michelle, SVS, LoRab] - S~V~S/LoRab | S~V~S/Michelle | Michelle/LoRab; all Thunal
[Thunal, Michelle, Abigail, LoRab] - Michelle/Abigail | Michelle/LoRab | Abigail/LoRab, all Thunal
[Thunal, Scotty, Michelle, Abigail] - Abigail/Michelle | Abigail/Scotty; Scotty/Michelle; all Thunal
[Thunal, Scotty, Abigail, LoRab] - Abigail/Scotty | Abigail/LoRab; LoRab/Scotty; all Thunal
[Thunal, SVS, Abigail, ts account] - all ts account; all Thunal | S~V~S/Abigail
[Thunal, Michelle, SVS, Abigail] - Michelle/Abigail | Michelle/S~V~S; S~V~S/Abigail | all Thunal
[Thunal, SVS, Abigail, LoRab] - LoRab/Abigail | LoRab/S~V~S; all Thunal | S~V~S/Abigail
[Thunal, Scotty, Michelle, LoRab] - Michelle/LoRab; Scotty/LoRab | Scotty/Michelle; all Thunal

I might have overlooked something here. This requires immense concentration. But it should be a reasonably complete summary. Once again I have loosely ranked them from most to least viable (very subjective).
OK, I'm pretty smart and I have an (old) STEM degree, but this is insane. What does this even mean? I mean I get the theme, but I'm not sure how to interpret the annotations.

When you said something to me in the Severance chat about something remindind you of your ten years ago self, I didn't realize you were being nostalgic ha ha
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also why does LoRab have votes? It's Hanukah and she's a Rabbi. I checked and she hasn't posted in days. Good lord.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Imagine if Abigail did a reads list...

Abigails Rad Ass Reads List

Reads List Brought to you By Tomoyo Daidouji

‪☆Princess Abigail☆‬ - Image

Imagine being the most towny town to ever town

Bereft‬ - Image

Okay so imagine right. Imagine you town read Bereft off Robyn's TR because it's the easy thing to do but than when you start paying attention you realize something. Bereft is a shell of the Bereft I remember in Nooks mafia league game when I like changed my whole style of reading mafia because of something he said. There his reads were thought provoking but he didn't just surface level them. He was the only one besides me who defended Rem because like she was playing too dumb to be a wolf. But here is like Abbi is wolfy when in reality I feel like he should be able to look deeper at my play like he did there with Rem. I feel like he's taking the easy route. The route that allows him to move fluidly to the easiest kill without drawing suspicion.

Cape90‬ - Image

So not gonna lie part of this is just like I think the wolf world I'm settling into is like never compatible with Cape. I want them to answer me about their read on me but I think the way they are pushing back against consensus is pretty towny because it feels like genuine solving

DarlingMonroe‬ - Image

I really wanted DM to be towny but they dropped like one post that was pretty meh than dipped. No real takes on anyone. Half the players are solidly null like they are afraid to take a stand. Just...mid.

DrWilgy‬ - Image

Vibes. But also like there's a few micro tells I have for Wilgy he's hit in how he posts as town and how he solves

JaggedJimmyJay‬ - Image

I feel like...J3 is actively flooding the thread in a way that LOOKS beneficial to town but is actually extremely harmful to town. Okay so imagine a town of like Wilgy SVS DM fuck even me. We are so far behind that flooding the thread means we can never have a full picture of the game. If the team is Robyn and J3 than like... fuck and if it's Robyn J3 Bereft straight GGs they have successfully flooded out all of town.

In effect I also just don't find J3s attitude of "I've solved the game" too match the thread state and I think his solving is easily faked by him and not as great as everyone thinks. I feel like his paired teams are just like... surface level reads that feel hollow

LoRab‬ - Image

I don't remember any of their posts

Michelle‬ - Image

Their play today is town tonally, vibes, frustration , purity, posting.

robyn‬ - Image

I feel like Robyn is hyping up them and J3 carrying this game but I can't remember anything Robyn has contributed besides chopping an AFK towny to save an lhf towny EoD1... maybe and like posting a bunch of nothing. Which reminds me of the game we just played where Robyn was wolf and did not try to actively solve until they were on the block

RondoDimBuckle‬ - Image

Rondo is just unhinged hyper crazy town Rondo and his holier than thou listen to me I solved the game attitude never comes from wolf

Scotty‬ - Image

I think that their day 1 was bad and I can't get over it and I think this posting gimmick is always used onto a wolf that's in the PoE to make them look townier.

Tell me now what wolf team doesn't gimmick Bereft Robyn J3 fuck even Thunal or Me over PoEd Scotty if your gonna target a town. Like you rather the loud voices and make them harder to understand.

S~V~S‬ - Image

A couple towny posts day 1 that got this read snowballing and hit home with me. I think the attitude and frustration is always from town in the posts I'm thinking of. Could use them being around today though to lock this in stone cold.

Thunal33‬ - Image

Their entrance today was badge but their push on me makes... more sense than Robyn's and Berefts. Meh.

‪not reading ts account

Town Core

Rondo
SVS
Cape
Wilgy
Michelle

Game is fucking hard anyone acting like it's not is...nagl

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:27 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:21 am Like they control this game entirely
Why didnt you join me pushing JJJ all the first 24 hours+ of this day phase? why now?
Rondo... when was I active before tonight?

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Can someone explain the Michelle case to me? Imma read her ISO, I recall she had votes Day 1, but I never caught up to why.
☆Princess Abigail☆

S~V~S wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:54 am Can someone explain the Michelle case to me? Imma read her ISO, I recall she had votes Day 1, but I never caught up to why.
She's town

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

I'll willfully kill myself to shield any of my town core

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Bye bye

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:53 am Imagine if Abigail did a reads list...

Abigails Rad Ass Reads List

Reads List Brought to you By Tomoyo Daidouji

‪☆Princess Abigail☆‬ - Image

Imagine being the most towny town to ever town

Bereft‬ - Image

Okay so imagine right. Imagine you town read Bereft off Robyn's TR because it's the easy thing to do but than when you start paying attention you realize something. Bereft is a shell of the Bereft I remember in Nooks mafia league game when I like changed my whole style of reading mafia because of something he said. There his reads were thought provoking but he didn't just surface level them. He was the only one besides me who defended Rem because like she was playing too dumb to be a wolf. But here is like Abbi is wolfy when in reality I feel like he should be able to look deeper at my play like he did there with Rem. I feel like he's taking the easy route. The route that allows him to move fluidly to the easiest kill without drawing suspicion.

Cape90‬ - Image

So not gonna lie part of this is just like I think the wolf world I'm settling into is like never compatible with Cape. I want them to answer me about their read on me but I think the way they are pushing back against consensus is pretty towny because it feels like genuine solving

DarlingMonroe‬ - Image

I really wanted DM to be towny but they dropped like one post that was pretty meh than dipped. No real takes on anyone. Half the players are solidly null like they are afraid to take a stand. Just...mid.

DrWilgy‬ - Image

Vibes. But also like there's a few micro tells I have for Wilgy he's hit in how he posts as town and how he solves

JaggedJimmyJay‬ - Image

I feel like...J3 is actively flooding the thread in a way that LOOKS beneficial to town but is actually extremely harmful to town. Okay so imagine a town of like Wilgy SVS DM fuck even me. We are so far behind that flooding the thread means we can never have a full picture of the game. If the team is Robyn and J3 than like... fuck and if it's Robyn J3 Bereft straight GGs they have successfully flooded out all of town.

In effect I also just don't find J3s attitude of "I've solved the game" too match the thread state and I think his solving is easily faked by him and not as great as everyone thinks. I feel like his paired teams are just like... surface level reads that feel hollow

LoRab‬ - Image

I don't remember any of their posts

Michelle‬ - Image

Their play today is town tonally, vibes, frustration , purity, posting.

robyn‬ - Image

I feel like Robyn is hyping up them and J3 carrying this game but I can't remember anything Robyn has contributed besides chopping an AFK towny to save an lhf towny EoD1... maybe and like posting a bunch of nothing. Which reminds me of the game we just played where Robyn was wolf and did not try to actively solve until they were on the block

RondoDimBuckle‬ - Image

Rondo is just unhinged hyper crazy town Rondo and his holier than thou listen to me I solved the game attitude never comes from wolf

Scotty‬ - Image

I think that their day 1 was bad and I can't get over it and I think this posting gimmick is always used onto a wolf that's in the PoE to make them look townier.

Tell me now what wolf team doesn't gimmick Bereft Robyn J3 fuck even Thunal or Me over PoEd Scotty if your gonna target a town. Like you rather the loud voices and make them harder to understand.

S~V~S‬ - Image

A couple towny posts day 1 that got this read snowballing and hit home with me. I think the attitude and frustration is always from town in the posts I'm thinking of. Could use them being around today though to lock this in stone cold.

Thunal33‬ - Image

Their entrance today was badge but their push on me makes... more sense than Robyn's and Berefts. Meh.

‪not reading ts account

Town Core

Rondo
SVS
Cape
Wilgy
Michelle

Game is fucking hard anyone acting like it's not is...nagl
I am here, I had a family issue yesterday.

LoRab hasn't posted in several days, but it is a Jewish Holiday, and she's a Rabbi and teaches kids at her synagogue, so I'd imagine it's a busy week for her. It makes me kinda sad that she has votes.

I still haven't checked my @s (or gotten my coffee).
☆Princess Abigail☆

I think I'm the only person town reading you

ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 1

Post by S~V~S »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:42 pm
S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:05 am I only got up to page 12.

But gotta go get ready for work, and will be 90% likely to be in the car when the poll ends unless the traffic gods smile on me, so i gotta vote now.

Gonna vote Scotty, he looks a bit flailing to me, of everyone, he's the only person who seriously pinged me. Of the others with votes, Michelle hasn't said enough for me to get a sense of her, and not voting Robyn. I'd rather give the host a day to wed out/replace no shows.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine
what do you mean by flailing?
Struggling to survive. Flailing specifically means like those pictures you see of a person standing on the edge of a deep drop, windmilling their arms to keep from falling. That's flailing.

And since apparently (afai can tell) Scotty is the reason I am so sus (even though the only reason i spent two hours talking about him and only him Friday AM is becasue I woke up to 8 or 9 notifications from him, and I try to answer my @'s since i know I don't like it when people ignore me. Thinking about it now, he is reminding me more of his play in Don't Starve than anything, where we were t/t. Scotty has an almost hysteria component to him when he gets on a roll (meant w/love @Scotty no shade intended) that I tend to read as bad. But yeah, I don't want to talk about him anymore :noble:
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 9:04 am I think I'm the only person town reading you
Well thanks for that; but it's a good reason you shouldn't say you'll sacrifice yourself for your reads, though.

It was a bit less intimidating coming in here with you being the only other person in here , lol.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Cape90 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:47 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:25 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:50 pm Probably leaning DM or SVS over scotty as 4th atm just because 3 wolves on Seanzie is a lot.
Silly Rondo, if I was bad I would have killed you. It’s just WiFoM but you know it’s true.

And definitely not LC, who I have a high success rate against, one on one.

So keep leaning. BBL going to bed.
Hey this and S~V~S's return is indeed scummy

[VOTE: S~V~S] aubergine

Whenever I am wolf, I usually make these type of bad WIFOM arguments when I am usually not the one controlling the NKs anyways so it's kinda just bad
S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:30 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:25 pm
S~V~S wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:25 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:50 pm Probably leaning DM or SVS over scotty as 4th atm just because 3 wolves on Seanzie is a lot.
Silly Rondo, if I was bad I would have killed you. It’s just WiFoM but you know it’s true.

And definitely not LC, who I have a high success rate against, one on one.

So keep leaning. BBL going to bed.
Why? Fluff my ego.
I’m fairly sure you can read me better than most people in this thread.

I also don’t have high confidence of maintaining a facade long term with you. Which would be my weakness rather than your strength, so fluff away.
Yes even with this

Okay but who comes into the thread IMMEDIATELY into a day proclaiming they aren't mafia because WIFOM? Doesn't sound like a towny thing to me
I do.

I was pleased to see Rondo show up to play, and not happy that he was eyeing me. And what I said was 100% true, and really aimed mainly at Rondo. If I were bad I would have pushed hard to kill him. I realize if i were bad, I wouldn't be the only decision maker, killing is a team call. But I tend to be a strong (read bossy) presence in baddie chat.

If I were bad I would find Rondo the biggest threat to me personally. And I do think he knows this.

Also, I don't spend alot of time worrying about what sounds "towny" since that seems to fluctuate, and be based on individual opinion.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Re: Ted Lasso Mafia - Day 1

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 4:54 am
S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:53 am
Scotty wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:29 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:31 pm At this point I have seen enough from others suspecting Scotty and felt good enough about it that I am fully demoting him to a mafia read. And he might be my only mafia read. Other suspects are just null.
:disappoint:

So just to be clear- you’re on board because others have found independent indictments, and you yourself are just going along with them.

Oof. This might be bad Jay after all
OK, this is the last time I quote you, I promise.

I know you have told me games blend together for you. And we both died day/night 1 in that game due to circular suspicion, But I invite you to check jays ISO in Don't Starve, compare it to this, and come back and tell us he's bad again.
Also interested in me kissing babies
Now see, this is confirmation bias. Not you specifically, but in general with this whole town reading business. The new way to play, we're supposed to be looking for town. But also pointing out what you find town is ALSO pocketing. And imo this is 100% due to the lens a person is looking at a post through, whether it's "towny" or "pocketing". If someone you trust had made that post, which was very basic and far from fawning, you would not have even given it a second thought.

I think your play in that game looks nothing like this, so i said so. I am not interested in kissing up to you, I find the mental image of you kissing babies a bit hilarious, but based on the huge dichotomy between DS Jay and this Jay, I don't think you're bad, so there :meany:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 6:52 pm Do Thunal33 and S~V~S fit together as mafia teammates?

From Thunal

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:58 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Knowing SVS, do you still think she's sucking up to Jay?
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:40 am
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:53 am
Long Con wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:38 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 am
I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:59 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:56 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:20 pm S~V~S is bad. She's humouring in there like nobody's business. Setting the scene, agreeable. If I were cruder and didn't know S~V~S, she's also sucking up to Jay, possibly pocketing.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

What did you take away from wolfing with me that makes you say this?

Also gotta go get ready for work. Love my new job, hate the longer commute.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
[VOTE: SVS] aubergine
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:55 am I'm liking Cape so far, I think his curiosity about my RVS vote question was good and it feels like he's saying whatever takes come to mind.

Long Con
Scotty
JJJ
Cape

everyone else

LoRab
SVS
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:45 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 12:11 am @S~V~S do you feel it is on-brand or not (or neither) for @Long Con to express early suspicion of you?
Onnnnnnnnnn-braaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnd...... on-brand. On-brand. Towny. Wolfy. On-brand. Sassy. Classy. On-brand. Interesting. On-brand. Bon-rand?
@JaggedJimmyJay this is what I meant by "theatricality". I used to auto read this as bad~ weirdly enough, even in games where I was bad, and i had TMI re LC being town, I STILL read him as bad, which is why he's always an easy yeet for me when I'm bad. I kinda half believe it when I'm making the case.

I am on record as not believing in contributing to such lists, or rankings. I'm not a fan and I don't generally post them. Those here who have played with me a lot can attest.

Similarly, I hate when people trust me. Stop naming me, people! And, really....I'm kind of freaked out that I'm on this site and not yet suspected. What's up with that? I don't think that has ever happened. At all on here, and rarely in prior communities.

That used to freak me out, too. Naming civs, like WTF. Extreme target painting. I still don't love rainbow lists, and prefer baddie hunting to townie hunting.

I'm used to it now.
Intriguing take- I feel like I have the unique benefit of having just wolfed with her and I haven’t seen anything specific about her that is throwing off my paranoia alarm. And I’m usually paranoid of her as of the last 3 games before I wolf’ed with her.

Now do me do me
OK, you're freaking me out here. I don't think you've EVER said anything like this to/about me. Not the last 3 games. EVERY. GAME. Every one. You think I'm bad.

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:04 am One last *?*, Bereft seems to be only addressing/alluding to Robyn and Jay, with the exception of his towny list, which was an answer to Jay, if I'm not mistaken.

I would not be able to read him if I tried, is this a normal thing for him? I don't find it to be AI, it just stuck out to me skimming his ISO.
Where are SVS's own reads? A lot of her posts feel like commentary and not actually taking stances. LC's post used to be read as auto bad and Scotty's freaking her out, but she didn't make actual reads off those when I feel like it would be natural for her to do.

@S~V~S
I don't really have any yet, or didn't as of this AM. My posts are a commentary, that's how I develop reads.

You seem a bit more aggro, and less considered, than I tend to associate with you. You're a person who weighs and balances, and this feels kinda the opposite, almost a bit jumpy.

Jay asked me a question about LC, I talked about how I feel about LC. Scotty is freaking me out. It doesn't mean I find any of it AI.
Tbh, my level of aggression depends on what kind of reads I have. This game I happened to find a couple pings right off the bat but some games I can go all day 1 without scumleans.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:05 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:00 pm @Thunal33 “investigate”? I’m watching him and reading his posts. How else am I supposed to investigate? Give him a DNA test?
Like, following up on the post somehow in the moment. You did ask what made him say that, but I'd expect a take on him from it or prodding him about other things to try to get a read.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:21 pm
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:49 pm I do actually. When prompted to iso S~V~S to find the game I was referencing for comparison, I saw some posts I liked.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:19 am
Probably. We tend to circle, and in the last game we played, I was bad and railroaded him hideously. I would be surprised if he wasn't somewhat paranoid of me. I haven't read why he susses me yet, I'm answering my @'s first.

Watching your game, I figured out what triggers me about him, he has an almost theatricality about him, that I view as acting to an extent, and to me acting = (in a Mafia game) fake = bad. So I was kinda interested to see what our dynamic was here.
Good, will elaborate on wrt the third quote, since it elaborates on this point.

This is a correct reaction to my presence. For that matter, any interest at all in reading my slot tends to be is a good sign.
In my experience, mafia does not do this often, that is, give up trade secrets of how they play. If SVS if mafia, they can simply not say this and instead push LC on the expressed basis.

And in general, a recurring theme with SVS's posts is that I find them honest on a fundamental level. Whereas Scotty accused SVS of having comments and no reads, I think this is a good thing. Mafia is more inclined to bother forcing comments into reads, and whenever they get around to it to explaining their comments in more detail, SVS makes sense in why they havent turned observations into reada. I've played with town SVS at least once, and all of this has been congruent with my impression of them as generally not having alot of hard feelings on a lot of people.
Tbh, I think your point on SVS saying LC is an easy elim when she's bad makes sense. I don't necessarily agree on mafia being more inclined to force comments because sometimes it's hard to take hard stances as mafia.

I have a bit less confidence on my read on her since her return and she's someone I'm having a hard time sorting. Even on her return, she felt a bit more blendy and not ruffling feathers than I remember town SVS being. However I know my town style varies a lot based on what reads I have and it could be that SVS just doesn't have a reason to ruffle feathers yet.

If we assume Thunal is mafia, I don't think this is a good fit. S~V~S was Thunal's first real target, and I get the impression she'd have stayed the course [as mafia] were it not for Bereft's intervention.

From S~V~S

S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 6:40 am
robyn wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:42 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:10 pm @robyn @Bereft why are you voting me?

Also which one of you voted first?
because he voted you, second
Is there another reason? I saw your filler post about her. I tend to be somewhat paranoid of Thunal after watching her from the chatroom in Se7en. Since then, I've taken some fairly strong stances on her towniness in other games, but it was specifically becasue of things she said in those games, rather than as a meta overview. I have to work to actively find her, if that makes sense.

OK, I've just skipped around, I'll actually read back a bit before work.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:15 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:41 am oops, SVS I was going to ask you what your takes on LC/Scotty were.
I think LC is prolly town, I think Scotty is possibly not.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 8:00 pm @Thunal33 “investigate”? I’m watching him and reading his posts. How else am I supposed to investigate? Give him a DNA test?

That last post has a "what kind of comment was that??" sassy appeal that I think is more likely to come in mafia-town interactions than mafia-mafia.

~~~

I tend to doubt these two are both mafia. Unlikely teammates.
"Sassy" is charitable; I was annoyed and frustrated and probably should not have made that post at all, it was rude.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:33 pm Do S~V~S and Michelle fit together as mafia teammates?

From S~V~S

S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:05 am I only got up to page 12.

But gotta go get ready for work, and will be 90% likely to be in the car when the poll ends unless the traffic gods smile on me, so i gotta vote now.

Gonna vote Scotty, he looks a bit flailing to me, of everyone, he's the only person who seriously pinged me. Of the others with votes, Michelle hasn't said enough for me to get a sense of her, and not voting Robyn. I'd rather give the host a day to wed out/replace no shows.

[VOTE: Scotty] aubergine

From Michelle

Nothing

~~~

Compatible
I haven't had the chance to read the case on her, what is it and who made it?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:41 pm Do S~V~S and LoRab fit together as mafia teammates?

From S~V~S

I'm used to it now.
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:32 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:23 pm
Bereft wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:20 pm @Bereft and @robyn, each of you had expressed early faith in LoRab, and in the moment I kind of vibed with that. I'd like to dig a bit deeper though: are you able to describe what gave you confidence about her?
I had two major instances of thought about LoRab.

The first was immediately after their entrance.
And to that point, I had the same thought as Robyn did wrt to it.

The second was immediately after LoRab freaked out about getting townreads.
And to that point, I had the same thought as you did wrt to it.

If the question demands why I take strong stock in these thoughts at all, then its because both of these moments are based on LoRab existing archetypical traits of "pure" town spontaneity. And I don't think I've ever once seen these reads fail in my experience. On a mafia theory tangent, its the most basic form of read in existence, mafia simply doesn't post like that, because they have to think about well, being mafia.
I'd like to talk about this read. It seems similar to how I make some of my townreads based on "is this a thought a mafia would even think of". What about those moments is something that a mafia wouldn't think of doing?
In the forum LoRab and I came from, I got lunched for saying I trusted someone and thought they were good. "Painting Targets". Being leery of that is NAI for her, and even though LC and I come from that same background, and I think we both prolly both still have a touch of that even though we have more experience in the town-reading style of game.

Bad LoRab is a bit cagier than the LoRab here, imo.
S~V~S wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:24 am
Scotty wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:45 pm
S~V~S wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 pm

I'm used to it now.

Now do me do me

@S~V~S
I don't really have any yet, or didn't as of this AM. My posts are a commentary, that's how I develop reads.

You seem a bit more aggro, and less considered, than I tend to associate with you. You're a person who weighs and balances, and this feels kinda the opposite, almost a bit jumpy.

Jay asked me a question about LC, I talked about how I feel about LC. Scotty is freaking me out. It doesn't mean I find any of it AI.
I’m still freaking you out? Impressive.

Maybe I’ll wear this tshirt and jeans combo for Halloween next year
No. I was using it in the context of my original statement, referencing observations rather than reads.

Plus I used that phrase in my reply to LoRab (in the spoilered part of the post you quoted), who also used it herself. So it is just a colloquialism, not an over the top baddie ranting.

Perhaps the first post has a pockety appeal from [hypothetical mafia] S~V~S for reassuring LoRab of her perspective. That's extremely generous though. The rest of this is pretty blank to me.

From LoRab

LoRab wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:24 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:49 am
What's normally suspicious about your style?

I think this kind of comment about finding it weird you're too trusted is >rand mafia. A lot of townies are confident in their townieness even if they are suspected often, but it's easy for mafia to assume they're suspicious.
One one level, I have no idea. Maybe I'm just drawn that way? Some of it is how I approach the game and suspicion--some of it is meta, but a lot of it is noticing patterns and when those patterns are off. Which many see as a suspicious way to suspect people, apparently.

And, in a bigger way, your noting my discomfort in being trusted is an excellent example of why--on this particular site. It's a mafia culture thing. I learned mafia in a very different setting than that of most of the players on here. There are some players (SVS, LC in this game) I've been playing with for about 15 years--I think Wilgy for at least a decade. I may have forgotten someone else who is in this game (other than our wonderful host). The game we played then, on sites like LP and The Piano, was stylistically different--we developed our own mafia slang, almost all games were ones in which pretty much everyone has a power, info dumping was essentially always frowned on--at least past a certain point, when we all seemed to realize it's not nearly as much fun that way, and agreed that there just wouldn't be any any more. Where puzzles and hidden messages were everywhere. This site, in large part, grew out of that world--and merged it with other mafia communities.

The mafia game style of those other communities mostly became the prominent culture, with some aspects of my original realm staying around. like this color.

And I still play with my same style that I always have, even though I know that most around me have a different style--and will suspect me for my style. I'm good with that.

Although, I do twirl a lot less than I used to. :lorab:

As for your suspicion, unless I'm misunderstanding ">rand mafia" (as I don't actually know what that means). It is very par for the course in the games of most of my mafia playing for civvies to not want to be publicly trust. I mean, I guess in a game where there is only 1 bad faction (and no apparent neutral or indy roles), it makes more sense for civs to not worry so much when trusted, but...I'm still more accustomed to games where such a structure (2 teams, one good one bad) is the exception and not the rule,

While I'm waxing nostalgic, and in a Ted Lasso game, a shout out to the OG Diamond Dog, in whose honor this smiley was created :feb: It's literally based on the actual human. I miss that FEB.

Virtually nothing.

~~~

I don't think I can justify calling this anything other than compatible.
I just reread her and she is a null for me, so still "virtually nothing". She hasn't said anything AI, and I read her better than prolly anyone here. When I first started playing, LoRab mentored me a bit, and we play similarly in some ways. We both like to explain ourselves, and contribute via commentary, so her posts here are basically NAI as far as I can see. If the sus on her is due to her being AWOL, I would guess this game starting when it did was bad timing for her. I follow her on social media, and she is very busy with the religious holiday. The thought process she explained in that post is still something I adhere to.

So she could be bad, she could also be town. I know I am not voting her when she has legit reason to be afk unless I have no choice and have to save.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And if you think that "pairs us", oh well :shrug:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Cape90 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 8:25 pm @LoRab
@S~V~S
I want too see more from both of you today and talk about what you think the solve is/or at least contribute to that discussion
This is my last @ from yesterday, I'm finally gonna make that coffee, and dive back in. I have town reads, but not much in the way of bad reads.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

DarlingMonroe wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 3:36 pm Having read the most recent page, and gone through SVS posts.... they ping me the post so voting for them (SVS)... Scotty might be wolf, but I don't see it personally.
Can you explain why? I went through the rest of your posts, and you never say why. Just that I remain your biggest ping. Since most of my posts to that point were about Scotty, do you town read him?

Since you are consistently voting for me, I would appreciate the courtesy of some kind of reason. Thank you!

DarlingMonroe wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:32 pm As of now, this is where I am at.

town reads: me [dm], robyn, Cape90
town lean: scotty, jjj, dr. wilgy, Rondo

????: michelle, thunal, princess A, LoRab, ts account

mafia reads: SVS, bereft
He wrote one post saying he thought I made a towny post, and now he's bad? Can you explain why you find bereft bad? Or is that it?

I know you are new to us. Explaining votes and reads to some extent is the norm here, though definitely not a requirement.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 153

Post by DrWilgy »

Good morning.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Heists”