Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 2]

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:36 pm I'm not dying as long as people vote for me during the day and I'm not getting lynched as long as I'm me.
Yeah you kept saying this in Inception and you were right and won us the game.

Cautionary tale for those paying attention.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 464
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:56 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:49 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:47 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:40 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:33 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:32 pmI don't think Turnip can be with Radish, despite the fact they are both root vegetables.
Why?
When did he vote? After the train was already in the lead? Cause in that case it’s super sketch. I have reasons for my suspicions.
So your hypothesis is that TH is MR's teammate and instead of casting a vote for me at the end thus saving his teammate he instead casted a vote on MR thus confirming his teammate's death?

I mean, stranger things and all but he doesn't need to do that. Even if TH had a town read on me, the smarter play there would have been to just note vote at all and hope the cards fell his way.
If TH is scum, he's your teammate. :biggrin:
These lines start to fall apart.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention]

I feel like we're barely playing in the same game.

What's going on with you? Where's your head at like as a summary. I keep seeing you tag along with other people's ideas but that doesn't help me read you.

Linki: You never watched Batman TAS, Superman TAS, JLU, Teen Titans, or Young Justice?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:41 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:36 pm I'm not dying as long as people vote for me during the day and I'm not getting lynched as long as I'm me.

Yeah, and in the end, I had to survive a coin toss. Here, I'm town and it won't come to that.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:41 pm

Yeah, and in the end, I had to survive a coin toss. Here, I'm town and it won't come to that.
NLP
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

Mac, so far, has stuck to grievances.

Why?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Mac never stated a reason for voting for Radishes....
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

not watching BTAS is a borderline crime tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 pm not watching BTAS is a borderline crime tbh
Especially for Tony, who I met on a site devoted to a comic book character minis game.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Imma go watch Hunter x Hunter but I have half a mind to go watch Mask of the Phantasm.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 pm Mac, so far, has stuck to grievances.

Why?
Dom, so far, has stuck to only talking about Mac.

Why?
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 pm Mac never stated a reason for voting for Radishes....
This might be a valid point if one needs a reason to push a counterwagon when they are getting lynched. It might even still be a valid argument in that case if it were actually true, which you'd know if you were actually reading posts.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

thats basically heresy jfc
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 523

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:12 pm Mac hasn't tried to find a baddie for a second. He only cared about lynching anyone not named Mac.
I have refrained thus far from commenting on Dom vs Mac, but this is a silly thing to say. Come on now.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by Epignosis »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:02 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:56 pm LOL, no but I love our Turnip, he's one of my faves so that would put you in good company. But alas, you are kind of a grey radish so far.

You have not made much of an impression on me either way, you have not said much if anything on topic, but this post tells me you certainly are aggressive, and I like that.

So tell me, now that you are posting on topic, what about my posts make you think I'm bad?

Linki @Sloonei i, good to know. It felt to me like youwere using him to appear like standard Sloonei, but it's been a while for me, and it's only Zero.
Okay, one more serious-sorta post then I'm going to bed.

Your posts sound like they could have been written by a baddie. E.g. over-explaining thoughts, suggesting what scum are going to try to do as a result of mechanics x, trying to list nearly everyone (even those that haven't checked in)...all traits I see scum do/do myself when scum.

So you go in my pink pile. It's too early to have proper red reads but your posts have, twice now, pinged me.
S~V~S is not Radish's teammate.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by Epignosis »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:37 pm This post caught my eye.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm Independent of all this: how do we all feel about master radishes?
Not great. I get the feeling that his presence is a bit flashy/comes across as performative. It's something I've seen with experienced players that they want to be a bit edgy/go against the grain give the impression that they are confident and have nothing to hide when they are scum. Compensating. Like when they asked "are we all seriously reading into ice cream flavors" (<-- from memory, might not be exact) or something like that. I don't know if I explain this right, but "performative" is what comes to mind and it feels not great.
I get what you mean about this completely; you're just misinterpreting where the 'performative' bit (maybe not the right word - more like adopting a persona?) comes from. I'm playing in a game with a bunch of people I don't know but who know each other, but have the confidence to 'go against the grain' as you say, as this isn't my first rodeo. I'm not consciously adopting a persona (okay, that was also the wrong phrase) but, yeah, my internet/mafia style tends towards dismissive and sarcastic in the early stages of games, especially on sites I'm not familiar with.

I singled this post out as well, though, because the thought process to me seems good. It's easy for scum looking to slip onto a wagon to pile on me today (I'm the third, less noticed wheel) but this isn't the way a scum would do it. This is an actual attempt to parse my behaviour.

I'm hesitant to declare anyone a green read in a multiball game where I don't know anyone's meta, but so far Dizzy (you gave permission!) is nudging upwards the most in my books with this thought process and general solid enough play.
Dyslexicon is not a teammate of Radishes'.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

SVS is town anyway but it's a good call out. I bet we can clear several people of being Radish's teammate. I don't mind if I'm not on that list. All the better, actually. It's always a winning strategy to have a winning POE that includes me because I'm not getting lynched.

Somebody point me to the final vote count. I'll catch up and find a Radish teammate tonight. :feb:
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sir...
You voted for MR first thing. You THEN began your freak out. I asked why MR, and you literally never responded.
Now, I understand self preservation.

I made this post when Mac entered day two, kind of before the frenzy on him started.
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:42 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 pm I'm going to look at Master Radish next and then nutella.
Any reason for the order here considering Nutella is present and Radishes is not?
This is Mac's only post mentioning Radishes.
He is voting Radish.

When he came in, it was 2 on Mac and 3 on Radish.

He voted to make it 4 on radish.

.... why? Just to protect himself? Why Radish? Colin was right there too.
He was definitely in contention, but wasn't a lead wagon.

I asked for why Radishes, and I never learned why.

Now, Rob, you want to sit there and say it's silly that I am saying what I'm saying. But it's true. Mac has been entirely grievance based. He is not afraid to lie to meet his grievances. I have spoken at length about Colin and Turnip Head in particular. I have not been only about Mac. Mac makes the thread about Mac because he believes his personality will save him. Sometimes he is right.

He also literally said that I must be excited to see him get lynched because I personally dislike him. Not only do I think this is just about as toxic as you can get when playing the game, but I think that Mac is just desperate to not get lynched and really does not care who goes down. He hasn't been hunting. He does not act-- he only reacts.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I also literally tried to engage with the guy on Sabie. He declined.
He's not interested in finding baddies.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:34 pm @Dyslexicon

ISO on Ted in some random order:

(There's no specific post that I find particularly AI, so I won't quote anything, but...)

-He bounces his reads around a bit (claims his page 2 reads based on 'swag' are serious, but never comes back to it; suddenly drops a vote on Nutella and only gives a reason for it later; then switches to vote me, again without justification), but doesn't try to justify his progression. Maybe a bouncy scum, but I get the impression he just doesn't care how he comes across. Good look.

-His tone is consistent - loose and carefree and not afraid to be a bit fun, but easily switches back to serious gameplay when necessary. Another good look of someone who isn't worried about how they come across.

-He isn't trying to stand out or lead a charge or anything, but equally isn't afraid to engage in discussions, even ones that don't involve him. No waffling on reads, just straight to the point. Also something I consider a good look.

Overall, ISOing Ted has made me nudge him from null+ to a lightish green. Macro play is decent so far, in the sense he doesn't seem concerned about his image.
Ted teammate material.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:31 pm Sir...
You voted for MR first thing. You THEN began your freak out. I asked why MR, and you literally never responded.

I made this post when Mac entered day two, kind of before the frenzy on him started.
juliets wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:14 pm I'm going to look at Master Radish next and then nutella.
Any reason for the order here considering Nutella is present and Radishes is not?
He is voting Radish.

Now, Rob, you want to sit there and say it's silly that I am saying what I'm saying. But it's true. Mac has been entirely grievance based. He is not afraid to lie to meet his grievances. I have spoken at length about Colin and Turnip Head in particular. I have not been only about Mac. Mac makes the thread about Mac because he believes his personality will save him. Sometimes he is right.

He also literally said that I must be excited to see him get lynched because I personally dislike him. Not only do I think this is just about as toxic as you can get when playing the game, but I think that Mac is just desperate to not get lynched and really does not care who goes down. He hasn't been hunting. He does not act-- he only reacts.
I'm not going to talk about your personal disliking of each other (as I understand it). Wait, is this whole post directed at me? Am I "Sir?"

I'm confused.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I want to townread Dys for saying they'd be lockclear on their homesite but I personally have said "I'm obvious town" and seen enough wolves say "I'm obvious town" to not actually put too much stock in it.

I want to townread several players that haven't really earned it: Jay, Sloonei, Epi, TH, Juliets, Speed, Sprityo, Tony. Probably in that order from most earned to least earned with Dyz before TH and TH and Sprityo also having some negatives.

Like it's a good thing that Radishes flipped wolf because I scumread Mac and I can dig into his interactions but chances are he's not on Radish's team just because two wagons on a 4 person mafia with no flips is just pretty unlikely. So until Radishes flipped, I didn't have a bead on that scumteam at all beyond "a Radish lynch is fine cause he's done nothing to make me think he's town and had no impact compared to Inception" which is pretty tame as far as scumreads go. In fact, it's almost scummy that I had such a weak scumread and pushed hard on his counterwagons. Feel free to think I'm scum for that so I don't get nightkilled. I'm really enjoying this game.

I'm doing a dangerous thing where I'm reading both Sloonei and Sprityo based primarily on their treatment of me. I'm pretty good at distinguishing scumpushes on me vs townpushes but not as good at distinguishing townreads and tmireads. Perhaps I should take Sloonei's townread of me as less likely to be tmi because wolves don't actually have full tmi here. Idk if scumSloonei ever just goes all in on townreading me like 3/4ths of the way through D1. My gut says "no" but I've never correctly scumread Sloonei.

(Note: If you just muse about your internal thoughts, it saves you the trouble of catching up or doing vote analysis hee ho. But I will do both those things.)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:32 pm I also literally tried to engage with the guy on Sabie. He declined.
No I am just not interested in discourse with someone who sees everything I do through a negative lens. It's unproductive and unpleasant and I'd rather just do things my way. You are ignoring a lot of my play with these statements.

And I don't dislike you, nor do I think anything I did was toxic. I had a very tame tantrum and stopped almost immediately. You're the one who keeps bringing it up and complaining about me. I'd rather just move past it. Sorry that I flipped out btw.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I've also done that thing where I get sidetracked from my catchup by current stuff and stop my catchup, then get behind again, then again such that I'm basically at 4 different spots at the same time.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:32 pm I also literally tried to engage with the guy on Sabie. He declined.
You aren't analysing me fairly. I was under pressure from a range of people and you were the one that was being the least reasonable so the easiest to avoid talking to.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:45 pm I've also done that thing where I get sidetracked from my catchup by current stuff and stop my catchup, then get behind again, then again such that I'm basically at 4 different spots at the same time.
Yeah that happens to me a lot when I'm scum and struggling to build fake cases.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by MacDougall »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:39 pm
sprityo wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:38 pm Not that I suspect Mac but I’ll be voting him anyways [VOTE: mac] aubergine
Absolute scenes as sprityo outs himself as scum
Let's talk about how Sprityo voted for someone he says he didn't suspect over someone who flipped scum and then count the ways how this makes him scum.

Way number 1. He actually did suspect me.
sprityo wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:38 pm ColinIsCool green
Dom green
Dragomir green
Dyslexicon green
Epignosis green
JaggedJimmyJay green
juliets green
Michelle green
sabie12 green
Sloonei green
tedxtr green
TonyStarkPrime green
Tranq green

G-Man red
Jackofhearts2005 red
MacDougall red
Master Radishes red
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME 2.0 red
S~V~S red
sig red
speedchuck red
Turnip Head red

I’m comfortable with this personal GTH

By default I put anyone I had no opinion on due to lack of voting as green
Way number 2. He also suspected MR. See above. So if he actually didn't suspect me, he did suspect MR, but he voted me who didn't suspect over MR who he did.

Way number 3. This post, along with the rest of the Jack tunnel.
sprityo wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 3:55 am I see the reasons for voting speedchuck, radishes, Nutella and they all work, I guess.

I just really want to vote jack.
Sprityo has been attacking Jack for much of the game, but in this post he "sees the reason" for voting radishes, yet finds his vote on me at the end of the day. His Jack sus is not legitimate because he's not genuinely pushed it, he's just repeatedly said "Jack is scum". When Jack was near to tying me, Sprityo wasn't pushing his Jack suspicion at all. Just took a back seat until the Jack wagon disappeared enough for him to vote for me instead. The only way his Jack sus could read as illegitimate is if they are teammates. Guess who was on non MR wagons both days. Jack.

Each of these are enough to suspect Sprityo in their own right. Too much smoke. The guy is bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

tl;dr Jack and Sprityo are teammates with MR.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Black Rock »

We are looking for a replacement, we'd really appreciate any one who could track down someone willing to play.
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:20 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:15 pm I have a concern about sabie:
sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:13 pm
juliets wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:39 pm Ok I just read through @sprityo and almost all of it seems like fluff. He voted Jack on Day 1 making a point of saying it was just gut, but then also voted Jack on Day 2. Sprityo, are you still voting on just gut? I know you just got home and there is family to see and such so I don't want to push too hard but what's going on? You are capable of really great play as Jay pointed out but I can't say I see anything towny in your posts, and the vote for Jack on Day 2 is uninspiring or worse without a reason. Hope you are able to talk some more about this today.

Is anyone else having this same reaction or am I missing something?
Yeah I had the same feeling about spirityo so far. He hasn't done his usual amount of posting and accusing. Seems kinda blah.
sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:17 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:58 pm I think the people discouraging us from a Colin vote look suspicious af
Which people? I recall sloonei and spirityo saying they were wary of a mislynch. Do you think his teammates would be obvious in defending him? I'm not a fan of colin this game either so far. Do you suspect them for any other reason or just that?
sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:39 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:20 pm
sabie12 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:17 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:58 pm I think the people discouraging us from a Colin vote look suspicious af
Which people? I recall sloonei and spirityo saying they were wary of a mislynch. Do you think his teammates would be obvious in defending him? I'm not a fan of colin this game either so far. Do you suspect them for any other reason or just that?
I mentioned bad vibes from sloonei and sprityo before they defended Colin, so this adds to my read of them. Idk if they'd be so bold as to defend a teammate but I'm willing to put pressure there
I don't think their defense of colin makes them sketchy as much as maybe their not being their usual scum hunting selves so far this game.
sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:36 pm
S~V~S wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:29 pm
G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:13 pm Oompa loompa doompadee durst,
When did I ever say I was cursed?

:p

More after I eat some lunch.
I never thought you were cursed, but when the assumption went around, you didn't correct it earlier, did you?

Self imposed posting restrictions are a great way for a baddie to hide out, and your content is slim. I will be here on and off all day, give me some of those sweet accountant analyses, G Man.

I want you to make me believe you, you know I do.
That's what I said earlier that he could be pretending to be cursed. It was done by mafia to pretend like they were targeted by mafia so people would think they were civ
(the above is in conjunction with this post)
sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:36 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:20 pm
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am I see sabie12 and Michelle share my suspicion of TH (maybe others too, i did not read everything, and probably won't get around to it), so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm putting a vote there.
Ew.
I also thought this was ew. Tranq seems to be not at all interested in this game.

What happened to jack? Ever since nutella got lynched he hasn't been around as much. I feel like he is around more and more aggressive with the scum hunting when hes a civ. It was like he mainly cared about accusing nutella and then mac and now he's just whatever about it.

I havent had a chance to read gmans huge post yet.
(the above post is where this concern crystallized for me)
sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:03 pm Upon reviewing the whole of Mac's re-entry into the thread last night, I find myself uninspired by essentially all of it. Someone please tell me why Mac is a civilian.
I can’t, and for once I feel like I have a tangible suspicion against him as well: his “joke” about Dragomir that we had a short spat over. It was bizarre and of of nowhere, and after sleeping on it I feel like it was an attempt to slide the conversation back to a previous discussion (lynching a low poster, which both nanook and I had expressed tentative support for a little while earlier) without directly endorsing it or making it too obvious what he was doing. It looked like an awkward attempt at a transition disguised as a joke. If he genuinely wanted us to look at a low poster, he just needed to say so.
I think this is where I'm leaning with mac as well. I feel like he is trying to lead the thread in a different direction but in a sneaky way. He is a tough one to read but I'm leaning more scum on him.
sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:12 pm I've also not been a fan of TH this game I just read the ISO. My first issue with them at the beginning of the game was making reads with no real explanation. Then their treatment of colin was weird to me like they were so sure its gotta be colin and anyone who thought maybe give colin a chance must be bad too. Now all of a sudden since no one was following that he's onto something else. Shrug idk I don't feel great about him so far.

I think right now though I feel worse about mac. I'm not seeing him as civ and in looking back at other games I could see his responses as a scum mac. He is trying to get people off himself without trying to make cases elsewhere. His blindly following jack on nutella was meh. I know he has a way of trying to sneakily get suspicion in different directions without directly saying it.
[VOTE: mac] aubergine
It is starting to feel like sabie is simply agreeing with/supporting or encouraging every suspicion that gets voiced in the thread. That would be opportunism at its most glaring.

I've never had success at identifying mafia sabie, and I've misidentified town sabie as mafia multiple times in the past as well, though I think I've gotten slightly better in that regard (or perhaps more hesitant to suspect her) in more recent games. But this is a patter that I'm observing in this game that I have not recognized before. To be clear, I've seen sabie latch onto other people's suspicions plenty of times as a civilian in the past; who doesn't do that? But I'm also used to seeing her generate unique opinions and state her disagreement with cases now and again. I feel like she is disproportionately voicing support of other people's suspicions in this game, and that worries me.
I've had a hard time making reads this game it's such a big game and so much going on while also balancing real life things. I have a hard time keeping up sometimes and I respond when I'm able to to things that make sense to me. I think mac is going after me because I am easy to go after. I'm not a strong player early game and I know that's a weakness of mine because it takes me awhile to get into it. Also I'd like to point out that mac was town reading me and didnt have any problem with me whatsoever until I voted for him. Then all of a sudden I'm bad because I accused him.
No I went after you because you did something that is suspicious that I've caught scum doing in the matters. You are right that I town read you until then, because it was literally the vote post that was the scumtell. There were others who saw it as suspicious too, Nutella for sure.
sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:15 pm Mac I voted you because I think you're bad. Ive been out and about today trying to phone post and get all my thoughts out while keeping up with tons of posts happening at once. I have to vote somewhere so I voted where it made sense to me. I don't know why dizzy has it out for me this game. They keep pretending like they know me or are familiar with my playstyle when they don't. I think they are just trying to defend you and get suspicion off you by going after me because they've I'm any easy target. Maybe you guys are teammates trying to move the lynch in a different direction.

I also think TH is bad and dizzy is defending them as well so...
This is also a scumtell. You start by pretending like you're explaining why you voted me, but you actually didn't explain it. You just made the obvious statement "i voted you because i think you're bad" and then went on to bring up completely different points about Dyslexicon, who fmpov is the civviest player in the game.

Subsequently you suspect Sprityo, which I also do, so I haven't fully made my mind up about you but I don't think you are scum with the Sprityo/Jack/MR block. I do think you are the most scummy player in the game independent of that.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Radishes & other folks:
(Caveat to all points is that I'm only look at people in relation to Radishes. Obviously anyone who looks great in relation to him can still be a member of the other team)
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:12 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:08 am Master Radishes, this is our first game together since the champs finale of 2015. I think you're the only one from that game I've ever been in a game with since (i.e. right now). It brings a tear to me aged old eye.
Let's spend the entire game annoyingly reminiscing like two old people.
OT banter with the Jay. Nothing from this, but other game progressions paint Jay very favorably in relation to the Radish man.
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:08 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:39 am
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 2:10 am Actually, all your words are washing over me. I'm taking nothing in.

One time on my home forum I spent the entire first round just gif-posting a handful of times and not engaging in the game at all because I was busy. I got myself mislynched D1. But before I went, I made a final serious post in which I named the entire scum team.

Sometimes looking at something from the corner of your eye allows you to see more. /deep thoughts
Scum tbqh
You jelly there's another root veg in town? Don't worry, the game's big enough for both of us.
Some vegetable-on-vegetable aggression. Good look for TH on both ends of this exchange, imo. One point for calling out radishes early, another point for Radishes' stiff, forced-casual response.
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:28 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:27 pm So much text. I can't wait until most of us die. But also I love you all. And also also hi to the, I think, three players I haven't played with before. Apart from that I have at least some idea or a lot of ideas about the others.
Hi.
Salutations @ Dyslexicon. Okay.
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:44 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:29 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:28 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:27 pm So much text. I can't wait until most of us die. But also I love you all. And also also hi to the, I think, three players I haven't played with before. Apart from that I have at least some idea or a lot of ideas about the others.
Hi.
Wait. Let's make that four. I'm sure I've seen your name around here and probably at MU (?)
Glad my celebrity status precedes me.
There's no reason this exchange can't exist between teammates, but I'm not inclined to see it that way. Very slight townie point for Dizzy.
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:50 pm
S~V~S wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:48 pm Regarding strong reads, I think civs need to be hyper aggressive this game becasue of this:
Hosts with the most said:

Ghosts

When a player dies, their ghost remains in the thread for three more phases. A ghost may post on-topic thrice-twice-once, in successive phases, in dead-red text. A ghost can claim its Win Condition.

Have you ever had that moment in a game, right after you died, when suddenly, it was all clear. Yeah, we all have. The baddies are gonna have to try harder to be blendy this game becasue of this, not be over aggressive, becasue it's gonna be harder for them to blow off a mislynch with the victim still in the thread. It's gonna be harder for them to just NK people who get up in their grilles if the victim is still in the thread.

I am always a pretty aggressive civ, but I tend to try to hold reads close to the vest becasue I don't want to paint targets on civs or give a baddie the heads up that they are under suspicion; sometimes I like to watch and draw them out, to see if they slip. But I think this is the game for full reads.

I want to see how the Zero poll plays out. Right now I like Nanook, I like sig, I like Nutella. I don't dislike Jules, TH, Jay, or Ted. I am not feeling Chuck so much or Sloonei. Sloonei getting all aggressive with sig rubs me the wrong way, becasue this is something I seem to recall seeing Sloonei doing fairly often, getting in sigs face. It's an easy stance for Sloonei to fall into. My thoughts on Chuck are wrapped up in his poll vote

Most everyone else is gray for me, or someone I am actively waffling about like Jack or G Man. I know G Man is hiding from G Woman, which I know was always a thing with him, but what little he wrote, meh. So him and Jack aren't really grey, but I could go either way. Some of the gray people, like Epi, Mac, and Tranq, are people I like to sort early, but it's Zero, so :shrug:

I don't think I played with Michelle before; I did play with Dyslexicon, but not enough to have a basis of comparison.

I also see that Dom, Colin, Dragomir and Sabie have not checked in yet.
What am I to you, a turnip?
It looks like SVS left Radishes out of a big long post in which she mentions most everyone else, and Radishes points this out. This in itself is a slightly good look for SVS (the omission appears to be a genuine mistake, which is less likely to happen if they're partners), but I'll also note that SVS was one of three folks (along with Jay and I) to vote for Radishes on both Days 1 & 2. So I feel good about her.
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 5:53 pm This is two posts from SVS now that have felt like they could be written by a scum. Not that they are, just that they could be.
Alright yeah svs is not on this team. Skipping all future interactions to save time unless something reallllly catches my eye.
Master Radishes wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:29 pm
sig wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:28 pm Can anyone give me a run down of Radishes Meta?
Nope, no one can. Half have never played with me, half have only played one game, and only Nook has played two games.

I'm an enigma to you. :mafia:
sig's one post and subsequent eruption at the end of this last phase have me feeling very strongly that he is a civilian, but if I look at this post in a vacuum I can see room to suspect something here. The meta request is standard, a nice touch between partners to sow soft distancing seeds. Radishes' response is goofy and playful in a way that would feed into that idea. I do not need to read this exchange in that light, but I can see it and it doesn't strike me as outlandish.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:37 pm This post caught my eye.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:55 am
Sloonei wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:26 pm Independent of all this: how do we all feel about master radishes?
Not great. I get the feeling that his presence is a bit flashy/comes across as performative. It's something I've seen with experienced players that they want to be a bit edgy/go against the grain give the impression that they are confident and have nothing to hide when they are scum. Compensating. Like when they asked "are we all seriously reading into ice cream flavors" (<-- from memory, might not be exact) or something like that. I don't know if I explain this right, but "performative" is what comes to mind and it feels not great.
I get what you mean about this completely; you're just misinterpreting where the 'performative' bit (maybe not the right word - more like adopting a persona?) comes from. I'm playing in a game with a bunch of people I don't know but who know each other, but have the confidence to 'go against the grain' as you say, as this isn't my first rodeo. I'm not consciously adopting a persona (okay, that was also the wrong phrase) but, yeah, my internet/mafia style tends towards dismissive and sarcastic in the early stages of games, especially on sites I'm not familiar with.

I singled this post out as well, though, because the thought process to me seems good. It's easy for scum looking to slip onto a wagon to pile on me today (I'm the third, less noticed wheel) but this isn't the way a scum would do it. This is an actual attempt to parse my behaviour.

I'm hesitant to declare anyone a green read in a multiball game where I don't know anyone's meta, but so far Dizzy (you gave permission!) is nudging upwards the most in my books with this thought process and general solid enough play.
Good look for dizzy. This is one of the first posts that really started to sell me on Radishes. His response to Dizzy's pressure is sheepish, almost apologetic. It has the look of a player who knows he's been caught and is trying to spin the case in another direction. This point alone is almost enough to make me dismiss Dyslexicon as a potential teammate.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:12 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:09 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:06 pm Yeah, okay, I don't have the time or will to slog through the thread again. Just...give me someone(s) to ISO or summat.
Sloonei and Ted pops into my head as interesting ISOs for what it's worth.
Okie dokie.

Pre-ISO impressions:

Ted - liked his opening; I'd lean towards saying it's townie, with the caveat of a scum working hard to find the other team
Sloonei - when initially catching up on opening posts, I felt good about him; as I interacted with him in real time, I wasn't sure why; he feels quite reserved and prone to asking questions rather than help scumhunt - maybe that's his meta?
Abstaining from analyzing myself in this exercise, of course. Focusing squarely on ted instead I could see room for a partnership here. He offers some tentative support before walking it back a little due to multiball. It's the sort of throat-clearing non-read I might expect from a mafia member straining not to say the wrong thing about their partner.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:11 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 4:43 pm I've not played a game with multiple mafia teams in...at least 6 years?

Everytime I get a thought about a player I have to add a caveat to it. I don't like so many caveated thoughts.
I’d like to hear those thoughts, caveats and all
The caveats are pretty much the same caveat, e.g. 'Player X seems to be working hard to solve the game; this is a good look for them...except if they're just on scum team 1 and are looking for scum team 2.'

Ted and Sig pop into mind when I think of this.

Another example: normally I'd say Turnip's vote on me feels natural enough, as he hinted at it in earlier posts; but then again, if he's Scum A who wants to slip onto a non-leading wagon he thinks could be Scum B, then he's played it exactly right.
Radishes names sig, ted, and turnip as players who fit the mold of "potential scum who are actually hunting for the other teams", for some reason. I wish I'd asked him to explain why those names in particular stood out to him. Either way, two of those names have already collected (slight) negative points from me in this exercise, and the third has collected a (moderate) plus point. If we follow the silly rule that 1 player in any group of 3+ named by a mafia member is their partner, then I'd pick ted out of this bunch, but that's based on the reads I have independent of the present exercise.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm I also don't get Jack's so sure read on you. Is that normal for Jack, anyone? I seem to remember a more tempered town!Jack.
In my single game (Inception, a few months ago) Jack looked like he was trying to play like he is now, but without being too noticeable. He was scum in that game, so in retrospect I feel like he was trying to imitate his town game as he perceives it.

This makes me hesitate to vote Jack right now, as much as his overall play has been a bit questionable.
Null on Dizzy. +1 for Jack.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:34 pm @Dyslexicon

ISO on Ted in some random order:

(There's no specific post that I find particularly AI, so I won't quote anything, but...)

-He bounces his reads around a bit (claims his page 2 reads based on 'swag' are serious, but never comes back to it; suddenly drops a vote on Nutella and only gives a reason for it later; then switches to vote me, again without justification), but doesn't try to justify his progression. Maybe a bouncy scum, but I get the impression he just doesn't care how he comes across. Good look.

-His tone is consistent - loose and carefree and not afraid to be a bit fun, but easily switches back to serious gameplay when necessary. Another good look of someone who isn't worried about how they come across.

-He isn't trying to stand out or lead a charge or anything, but equally isn't afraid to engage in discussions, even ones that don't involve him. No waffling on reads, just straight to the point. Also something I consider a good look.

Overall, ISOing Ted has made me nudge him from null+ to a lightish green. Macro play is decent so far, in the sense he doesn't seem concerned about his image.
Ted ISO. The first paragraph has a little bit of the awkward "I'm analyzing my teammate and trying to walk a fine line" feel, but the rest isn't objectionable. I could see this reflecting a genuine effort to read a player.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:36 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:30 pm I'm really not sure how I feel about Jimmaaay. He seems kind of controlled or something, which is possibly oof. ButwhatdoIknownothing.
I sort of liked his play from what I'd noticed, but his vote on me is very wagony.
Jay is not on this team.

Dizzy is not on this team
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:34 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:24 pm We should wagon Dom as well.
[VOTE:
Dom]
aubergine
Eh, I liked Dom's limited posts. They seem to fit the little I know of town!Dom.
Soft defense of Dom. Not a great look.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:36 pm What about TSP? He's done nothing.

Linki: Oh, Sloonei has that thought too.
Unprompted "what about TSP?" Good look for tony.
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:37 pm Nah, nevermind, I don't like going after LHF.

I dunno. I hate D1s.
Immediately walks it back. I don't know if this says more about Tony or Radishes. The Tony perspective is that Radishes wanted to throw empty shade at his partner for posterity's sake, but backed off when he saw another player (me) also naming said partner at the same time. The Radishes perspective is that he reconsidering the optics of the position he just put himself in and wants to reverse course. I do not struggle to believe either of those cases, but I think they are partially exclusive. Hm.

Mac is not on this team, but we already knew that.
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:13 pm Actually I'm not going to bother finding the posts and quoting them. Sloonei and juliets, my response:

:shrug:
Idk what exactly juliets said to him that required a response, but I'll throw a slight townie point her way for this limp response since it's conjoined with me and I think the limpness was twofold.
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:22 pm And Juliets, I did read your ISO of me. Obviously I think you've read me better than anyone else so far, but of course I'm biased there. It is, however, a lot of work for a scum to do - you could easily have hopped on the wagon and/or thrown out a casual 'eh I don't get it' instead, but you didn't. It's a good look on you, in my eyes, regardless of the subject matter.
Context would suggest that this is a somewhat exasperated response to some pestering from juliets (I vaguely remember that happening), which would be another good look for juliets (acknowledging that I'm apparently only looking at one half of an exchange here). I think this is a continuation of the above post. But the response looks like he was trying to avoid juliets, or at least not actively seeking her out, which prompted her to hound him. If they're teammates this whole thing doesn't exist.

nutella wagon analysis. My takeways:
sabie looks the worst. In one paragraph Radishes frames hers as one of the less-bad votes on the Day 1 nutella wagon ("H, Epi, and Dom gave no reasons, whilst Sig and Sabie gave lacklustre reasons."), but in the next paragraph he singles her out as his "GTH vote" out of all the options ("I’m not entirely sure where I’d place a vote, but GTH I’d say Sabie.). He immediately follows this by singling out Mac, for the second time in as many paragraphs, as looking particularly bad. Mac is Radishes' main target here and the whole thing is designed to paint him unfavorably. The suggestion of a vote on sabie is weak and arbitrary (this post also marks her first mention anywhere in his ISO, I think). The other names he frames negatively are Turnip, Epi, Dom, and kinda sig. Jack seems to be treated most favorably as the originator of the nutella wagon, an analysis that I agree with (I have to remind myself here that some of Radishes' work is honest. That's a wrinkle I keep forgetting about.). I'm a bit surprised that this is the third time in this exercise that I've been pinged by sig's presence. Coming into this, sig felt like a slam dunk civilian.
Mac ain't on this team. I doubt TH is. Epi and Dom are just sort of incidentally here and I can't get much out of it. sig is separated from the main class as having given a "lacluster" reason to vote nutella, as opposed to "no reason". My opinion is that sabie looks bad, but I might be getting tunnel vision there and I'm open to alternate opinions.

(I'll note here that I believe TH and Dizzy were among the first, along with moi, to call out Radishes for analyzing nutella's wagon before his own. Good look for them if I'm remembering correctly.)
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 6:58 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:11 am Master Radishes, I know you said it is hard to pick the most suspicious vote for nutella but in your opinion it is sabie. Is there something specific you saw there that causes you to pick her? I have trouble reading her at this point in a game so would like to know what you saw. My apologies if you've answered this somewhere and I missed it.
All nute voters except Jack have the potential to be scum joining the wagon, IMO. I felt that as per given justification, sig's was the poorest, but since I've actually felt his play overall has been solid, then sabie comes in second, since she was a clear hop-on towards the 'end' of the wagon (not that we knew it would be the end, of course). Dom fits there too, but I've liked his play, at least based on my single-game meta of Dom from Inception. I don't know what to think of TH yet, I've expressed my conflicted feelings about Mac, and Epi I'm giving the benefit of the doubt because he sort of strikes me as the type to vote without saying why when town.

So somewhat by PoE but also positioning within wagon, I'd give sabie the side-eye first.

As others have pointed out, this is an unusual wagon to analyse, though, so I'm hesitant to commit to any such read. We need more from her first.
I may or may not be suffering from full-blown tunnel vision now, but: juliets asks Radishes to elaborate on why he singled sabie out (good look for juliets) among the nutella voters. Radishes offers a brief justification, but then sandwiches that between a lot of shade at everybody else on the wagon. Radishes has had very little (almost nothing) to say about sabie in these two posts, but has devoted a lot more energy to shading others. The "GTH vote" thing on sabie looks like it was supposed to be distancing, with the actual content of this post skewing others as bad instead. I don't think sabie looks good here.

He finally gets around to analyzing his own wagon here. My takeaways:
I escape unscathed along with Dizzy and SVS. I'm inclined to read this as Radishes not wanting to provoke the three of us any further.
He gives ted a pass, which is a bit worrying in conjunction with his previous treatment of the xter. Turnip Head and Jay get the harshest criticism here. I've already dismissed Jay as being a potential teammate and I'm about ready to do the same for TH.
Michelle is incidentally here. I'll call that a negative look for the sake of offering a read. He brushes over her without much care.

"Definite scum lean" after ISOing TH. Yeah, this is not a devious pair of vegetables.

Michelle ISO (why did I switch from quotes to URL links?)
I might be inclined to say this looks like a sincere effort to read Michelle, and not a hand-waving teammate defense. The middle paragraph regarding Michelle's treatment of nutella reads as particularly nuanced in a way that reflects genuine thought.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:32 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 7:03 pm Of the present multi-vote wagons (Colin, Mac, Radish) I think Radish is the best lynch.
I am inclined to agree with this. Tonally I do feel like Radishes is playing a similar game to Inception. Also, question for him or for the thread, but when he ISO’d a bunch of people nobody else was talking about, why did he pick those people? Was it prompted?
They were the wagon voters on me last round, ergo potential scum slots.

If I sound similar to Inception, are you saying I'm 3P again?
Quick exchange with Colin. I'm back to using quotes, look at that. I could see this as a casual attempt at distancing. Colin comes out of the woodwork to "agree" with a conditional Radishes suspicion, then asks Radishes a somewhat inconsequential question about his activity, which Radishes promptly answers. The whole thing could very easily be staged to make it seem like Colin A) is down to lynch the vegetable and B) they aren't overly familiar with one another. Actually the question from Colin in conjunction with the support of a Radish lynch might even suggest as much (Colin is missing a prominent detail from Radishes' activity, but says he's okay lynching him anyway), but I'm hesitant to commit to that read given my lousy track record of suspecting Colin for goofy shit. Slight negative look for him, but I'm gun-shy about it. Someone else look at this for me please.

Big late anti-ted post :ponder: If this had happened earlier I'd say this is a strong point against ted being on this team. I still think I'm inclined to say this is a point in that direction, but I have to walk that back a little behind a layer of wifom: Radishes and his teammates have to recognize at this stage that he's at risk to be lynched, so some deliberate distancing would presumably be on the table. There's no reason this can't be that. But I have to also consider that Radishes is genuinely looking for scum so that he can push alternative lynches to his own, so... gun to my head I'll stick with this being a good look for ted. My head is spinning. Thank god I'm nearing the end.

A big shrug of a Colin ISO. I maintain a dose of skepticism about Colin here, as Radishes doesn't really say anything too meaningful here and comes out with a "town lean" on Colin. I could see it as a teammate trying to sow seeds of confusion for doofuses like me down the road, or I could see it as an earnest read. Tacking another slight negative onto Colin, I guess. I am running out of steam right as these posts are being shrouded in three additional layers of WIFOM.
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:26 am
Michelle wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:16 am How convinced is everyone that Nanook came back in green slot?
I'm letting this sit in the back of my mind. I do feel Nook's playing a bit differently, but there could be a few reasons for that. Also, despite this being my third game with him, we've not played more than, I think, 3 or 4 rounds together due to our various demises.
+1 nanook 2.0
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 6:30 am I kind of wanted to do ISOs of Sabie, Dom, and Mac for their votes on nutella, but I also kind of wanted to spend my weekend with my wife.

I also think one of my perpetual cling-ons, e.g. Sloonei, Dizzy, SVS, are likely scum riding the wave of anti-Radishism this game, knowing they won't get blowback for it and/or thinking I'm on scum team B. But looking there is lower priority at the moment.
Throws a lot of names out without doing much about it. sabie, dom, and mac are wannabe iso targets. Me, Dizzy, SVS are potential scum "riding the wave". I think the bottom paragraph constitutes an earnest read from Radishes given that I've dismissed SVS and Dizzy as potential partners. The top paragraph and its three names amounts to absolutely nothing. He's dreaming of having something to say about those tree players. Blah. Mac is not on his team. sabie might be the #1 teammate candidate based on this massive exercise. Dom has been on the fringes a couple times with no major mentions, which is a bit conspicuous.
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:11 pm @Ted - not going to go re-quote everything, because I think Nook already expressed what I had been trying to say. I think we were mis-communicating with each other re: Inception!Mac and derpclears. I misunderstood you a bit at first.

Still, I don't agree with your takes, and your confident tone came across to me as TMI about Mac's alignment. I can see you don't filter, so maybe that accounts for it? But I don't find your reasons for townreading Mac convincing.
:shrug: I'm out of steam. I'll end this here unless I see something glaring in the remaining posts. Idk what to do with ted here. He's been the biggest rollercoaster in here, though he hasn't really been a prominent figure by any means.

Ugh fuck man, come on. Radishes drops a rainbow on us and I'm not gonna touch it at all right now, but I think it's important to look at so I'll leave it here and come back to it later. How much is WIFOM, how much is earnest? I don't know, I'm not gonna think about it for now.
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:53 pm [VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine

Not feeling the Jack or G-man wagons.

Will check in later.
Votes for turnip head and bounces. He's "not feeling" the Jack or G-man wagons. Outside of the above-mentioned rainbow, in which G-man was given the non-entity treatment, this is the first and only mention of G-man in Radishes' ISO. That is conspicuous. I guess I'll subtract a point from Jack to be fair as well, but I'm feeling less inspired to look in that direction for a partnership. There is something buried way up there that was a good point for Jack, and there's my overall unrelated townread on Jack.

Sweet merciful crap, it's over! That was over an hour and a half of analysis with new and unfamiliar wrinkles. Uh. Major takeaways time!

Definitely not Radishes' partner
Jay
Turnip Head
Dyslexicon
Mac
SVS

Probably not Radishes' partner
juliets
Jack
Michelle
Nanook

Incidentally present
Epi
Dom

Mildly suspicious/conflicting viewpoints/confusing
Colin
tedxtr
Tony
sig

Compatible partner with Radishes
sabie

I think he's bad but he's conspicuously absent
G-man

Absent or overlooked
sprityo
dragomir
tranq
speedchuck
(all of this group appears in the gray pile of his rainbow, which I skipped)

the linki is even longer than this post
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:58 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 pm not watching BTAS is a borderline crime tbh
Especially for Tony, who I met on a site devoted to a comic book character minis game.
I have my BTAS clix, that doesn’t mean I watched BTAS
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:49 pm Mac never stated a reason for voting for Radishes....
Day 2?

Epi called out the other post in the series but this is the ridiculous one.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Sloonei what do you think about Mac’s view of Jack//Radishes?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:36 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:31 pm Sir...

He is voting Radish.

I'm not going to talk about your personal disliking of each other (as I understand it). Wait, is this whole post directed at me? Am I "Sir?"

I'm confused.
This started as two separate posts. That might be why you're confused as to the audience of it.
Sir is Mac.

Rob-- I don't think Mac's trying to earnestly figure the game out. I've spelled out why. It's not about dislike. Mac brought that up. He knows I don't dislike him. He brought that up to guilt me into shutting up. He's seeing that won't work.
MacDougall wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:45 pm
No I am just not interested in discourse with someone who sees everything I do through a negative lens. It's unproductive and unpleasant and I'd rather just do things my way. You are ignoring a lot of my play with these statements.

And I don't dislike you, nor do I think anything I did was toxic. I had a very tame tantrum and stopped almost immediately. You're the one who keeps bringing it up and complaining about me. I'd rather just move past it. Sorry that I flipped out btw.
I literally tried to engage with you and you declined because you are afraid of what actual engagement would bring. It's easier to demagogue.

This isn't me painting your actions in any way. You did that. Rather than engaging on the topic we have in common, you deflected and said I have nothing good to say.

Well fuck all the way off to baddie hell.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:33 am
Day 2?

Epi called out the other post in the series but this is the ridiculous one.
....it's not ridiculous. You could try reading my posts. I know that's a big ask.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:35 am Sloonei what do you think about Mac’s view of Jack//Radishes?
Idk, I haven’t looked into the specifics of it. I don’t care for doing teammate analysis before anyone has flipped, so I tend not to give much weight to theories like that pre-flip. I’ve also been inclined to town read jack for most of the game. In a vacuum I can see why he’d look like a viable Radish partner, but there wasn’t much one way or the other in the analysis I just did and I’ve yet to look at it from Jack’s end. I doubt I’ll get to that tonight, and I’ll be out of pocket all day tomorrow. If I make it to Day 3 I’m sure I’ll end up diving into that pool.

Why? What do you think of it?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei-- that is a beast of a post. : o
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

lol jack isn't on a team with radishes
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:43 am lol jack isn't on a team with radishes
This would he my guess as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I really think Jack has massive teammate equity with Radishes and would be curious how you've arrived at the opposite conclusion?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dom wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:43 am Sloonei-- that is a beast of a post. : o
Remembering that scum players are making genuine reads in this game too was disorienting.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 364
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:30 pm g-man and radishes are partners.
Oh boy do I love this read
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I didn’t read anything btw give me a sec
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:19 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 5:15 pm I also don't get Jack's so sure read on you. Is that normal for Jack, anyone? I seem to remember a more tempered town!Jack.
In my single game (Inception, a few months ago) Jack looked like he was trying to play like he is now, but without being too noticeable. He was scum in that game, so in retrospect I feel like he was trying to imitate his town game as he perceives it.

This makes me hesitate to vote Jack right now, as much as his overall play has been a bit questionable.
Eg. How do you read this post and give Jack townie points?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I skipped to mac mentioning me and skimmed below
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:46 am I really think Jack has massive teammate equity with Radishes and would be curious how you've arrived at the opposite conclusion?
Easy. Jack is town. Where is this equity you speak of?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloon--

your post confirms what i'm thinking about sabie.

I'd like to hear more from ted.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:48 am I skipped to mac mentioning me and skimmed below
Yikes!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

tedxtr wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:48 am
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:30 pm g-man and radishes are partners.
Oh boy do I love this read
Because you’re also on their team?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:48 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:46 am I really think Jack has massive teammate equity with Radishes and would be curious how you've arrived at the opposite conclusion?
Easy. Jack is town. Where is this equity you speak of?
lol

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”