Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [GAME OVER]

Would you like to see a hammer lynch tomorrow?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 23, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes
No votes
No
20%
I don't care
13%
MC Hammer (host/dead/nonplayer)
67%

Total votes: 15
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 729
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:03 pm Upon reviewing the whole of Mac's re-entry into the thread last night, I find myself uninspired by essentially all of it. Someone please tell me why Mac is a civilian.
I can’t, and for once I feel like I have a tangible suspicion against him as well: his “joke” about Dragomir that we had a short spat over. It was bizarre and of of nowhere, and after sleeping on it I feel like it was an attempt to slide the conversation back to a previous discussion (lynching a low poster, which both nanook and I had expressed tentative support for a little while earlier) without directly endorsing it or making it too obvious what he was doing. It looked like an awkward attempt at a transition disguised as a joke. If he genuinely wanted us to look at a low poster, he just needed to say so.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 969
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac's greatest civilian weakness in my eyes is that he does not effectively shake himself free of his reads -- for better or for worse. I don't mean to be an arse, Mac's a great player. We all have a weakness somewhere. Mac does not easily shed suspicion, and he does not easily shed trust. So no, I don't think his reversal on nutella is a good reason to call him a civilian. That's not his game.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm I can’t, and for once I feel like I have a tangible suspicion against him as well: his “joke” about Dragomir that we had a short spat over. It was bizarre and of of nowhere, and after sleeping on it I feel like it was an attempt to slide the conversation back to a previous discussion (lynching a low poster, which both nanook and I had expressed tentative support for a little while earlier) without directly endorsing it or making it too obvious what he was doing. It looked like an awkward attempt at a transition disguised as a joke. If he genuinely wanted us to look at a low poster, he just needed to say so.
Tell me about Turnip Head if you didn't already speak about that vote.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Master Radishes »

Can someone summarise the case on Jack? I was skimming but must have missed how it started.
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Night 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am I see sabie12 and Michelle share my suspicion of TH (maybe others too, i did not read everything, and probably won't get around to it), so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm putting a vote there.
Ew.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

G-Man
Made Man
Posts in topic: 94

Post by G-Man »

Oompa loompa posting was started because it fit the larger, long-term gimmick that I've been engaged in for a few years. It hasn't limited my content, because I really am busy in RL and have little ability to keep up with all the post-spewing that is taking place. If I'm going to be all but drowning in posts, I'm going to have a little fun before you folks turn on me.

A long time ago, I thought that I might spend a whole game writing oompa loompa-style posts when I reached this point, but I forgot about it until partway through Day 1. I'm glad that I did not remember to go that route, because it lost it's cheekiness after the first 24 hours of Day 2. Epi is right that the first two lines are easy, but getting the cadence and syllable count right the rest of the way through wasn't as fun as I thought it would be. Challenging and rewarding from a communication standpoint? Yes. Fun? No.

Allow me to recap my posts for you:

G-Man wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:17 pm Oompa loompa doompadee doo,
That was the perfect start to Day 2!
Oompa loompa doompadee dee,
If you are wise then you won’t lynch me.

What do you get when you have a full life?
Two little girls and a lovely wife?
No time to read all these myriad posts.
But sticking around because I love these hosts.

LC and BR are cool.

Oompa loompa doompadee don,
I think we should lynch Dyslexicon.
That’s the best thing that we can do
To lynch baddie scum on this here Day 2!
"Hey that was a cool lynch event. Don't lynch me.

"I'm busy and don't have time to read everything you folks are typing. (Good grief- I mean, I realize that the mafia culture is changing here, but 2500 posts before the Day 2 lynch is over? That's just not healthy or necessary to me.) I'm busy, but I'm not quitting because LC, BR, and I go back over a decade; I love these people and I don't tap out in general.

"Lynching Dyslexicon is the way to go. I think Dys will flip baddie."

G-Man wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 10:03 pm
juliets wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:32 pm G-Man before you get away can you share your reasons for suspecting Dyslexicon? Also you said this afternoon you might have some thoughts on some people tonight so I'm hoping you have a few reads.
Oompa loompa doompadee doo
I’ve got a confession here for you.
Oompa loompa doompadee dun,
My last post might be jumping the gun.

What do you get when you rush to assume?
Silly mistakes that can usher your doom.
But it’s a risk that I’m willing to take.
It’s only Day 2 for goodness sake.

It might help me interpret.

Oompa loompa doompadee dame,
Some people’s sus of me is quite lame.
Sometimes I can sniff out that poo
And catch scum in the process too!
"On second thought, advocating a Dys lynch was a hasty call.

"I made an assumption and I think that's going to come back to bite me. I'm still open to lynching Dyslexicon from an informational and interpretational standpoint. It's only Day 2, so we can afford to be wrong here, as long as we learn something from it.

"Some of the suspicion on me seems weak and fits a pattern that I have exploited to lynch baddies in the past."

G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:05 am
Dom wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:33 am
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 1:36 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:13 am
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 am Orange, aggedJimmyJay? I make three posts, and that’s enough to land me in orange instead of neutral gray?

In a way, I guess I see it, what with the diarrhea-of-the-mouth-inducing playstyle you and others prefer. You have offended me, sir, and now I intend to bury myself in the deepest red of your rainbow reads so that I may ignore your demands for more content.

:pout:
This post smells bad.
Over the top? Yep. This was me needling Jay.
Needling Jay about what, bitch?

Get a frame of reference.
Oompa loompa doompadee doo
I've got an explanation for you.
Oompa loompa doompadee dext
Read these two posts for better context...
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 am Orange, JaggedJimmyJay? I make three posts, and that’s enough to land me in orange instead of neutral gray?

In a way, I guess I see it, what with the diarrhea-of-the-mouth-inducing playstyle you and others prefer. You have offended me, sir, and now I intend to bury myself in the deepest red of your rainbow reads so that I may ignore your demands for more content.

G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:39 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:35 am
G-Man wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:31 am Orange, JaggedJimmyJay? I make three posts, and that’s enough to land me in orange instead of neutral gray?

If a post exists, then "gray" is not happening. That's for cowards. Do your thing, and I'll see what I see.
Oh, I’ll do my thing. You just won’t be a fan of it. Or will you?

I think it's clear I was being a brat.
Mocking Jay's reads and that is just that.
Assigning a scum lean so quickly is rash,
Action that I'm willing to bash.

Unless Jay was just fishing...

Oompa loompa doompadee dard,
Getting scum reads in this game will be hard.
Oompa loompa doompadee deems,
It's been a while since I've face two scum teams.
"I can explain what I meant about needling Jay with these two posts in context.

"I was being a brat. That should be obvious. Have we really resorted to such a black-or-white form of this game that I get a scum-lean after just a few posts? Hell yeah I'm going to make fun of that nonsense.

"Unless Jay was just fishing, but I doubt me mocking him made much of an impression.

"Getting scum reads with two baddie teams in play is tricky. It's easier for baddies to blend in when they are legit hunting for the other baddie team. It's been a while since I've played a game with two baddie teams. I don't remember how I reconciled with that last time."

G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm Oompa loompa doompadee don,
Some things I can’t put my finger on.
Here are some folks who seem off to me.

Jay posts a lot, yes this style’s a given,
But something about him feels agenda-driven.
Sloonei’s sus of me felt hollow at best;
Auto-distrust for Dom and S~V~S.

I need to read the poll leaders.

Oompa loompa doompadee doo,
I’m keeping up better on Day 2.
Trying to gauge whose posts feel false
Before momentum waivers and stalls.
"I can't put my finger on too much just yet. (I've been skimming through the posts in order to tread water) Here are some folks who seem off for some reason. (You'll notice that the names listed are people that I have a fairly developed history of playing with. That's a bias that I fall into every game. I struggle to read new and new-to-me players, as well as folks that I do not have extensive experience playing with. There's a LOT of that in this game.)

"Jay always posts a lot, which is normal for him, but early on his posts didn't feel like standard-issue-Jay. There was an edge to them that I don't recall. (Bear in mind that this might be only the third game I've played in just over a year.) He didn't seem to be pushing for content for the sake of pushing for content to be evaluated. He seemed to be pushing for content with a direction in mind already. Sorry, that's lame and vibey, but there it is. Sloonei seems the most guilty of name-dropping me as a suspicious character in the same way that I have busted S~V~S and Golden the Coward ;) before, much to their surprise. (Why exactly am I so suspicious? This notion that I produce good content isn't false, but people are either forgetting or choosing not to remember that civ G-Man takes an average of three days to get up to speed. The fact that I play so seldom anymore may contribute to this forgetfulness, but I am always watchful for a BS set-up. Spotting it and calling it out has yet to blow up in my face. So far this game, Sloonei is the most guilty of this line of accusation against me.) I always have an automatic distrust of Dom and S~V~S. It comes from seeing both of those crafty FEB's in action over the last 10+ years. (I have been baddie teammates with S~V~S a few times, so I know what she is capable of, just as she knows what I am capable of. Though, she should remember that I am guilty of being a try-hard more often when I am a baddie. Some habits die hard. Dom either fleeced me or nearly fleeced me a game or two ago, so that wound is still fresh in my mind.)

"I need to go back and read through the poll leaders. (This was Mac and Radish at the time. I never circled back to that. Shocker, I know!)

"I've been keeping up better on Day 2. My plan is to try to get a feel for whose posts coming off of the Day 1 and Night 1 information seem filmsiest before I sputter out. (Spoiler alert: I sputtered out at some point last night.)"

G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:13 pm
G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm Oompa loompa doompadee don,
Some things I can’t put my finger on.
Here are some folks who seem off to me.

Jay posts a lot, yes this style’s a given,
But something about him feels agenda-driven.
Sloonei’s sus of me felt hollow at best;
Auto-distrust for Dom and S~V~S.

I need to read the poll leaders.

Oompa loompa doompadee doo,
I’m keeping up better on Day 2.
Trying to gauge whose posts feel false
Before momentum waivers and stalls.
Even with the wonka limitations, these reads are uninspiring. Sing me a tune that gets into more specifics, G.
Sloonei wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 11:49 pm that's a fair point. I've been waiting for G-man to provide something for me to develop a read on one way or the other. He has not delivered.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 2:27 pm Colin is probably the player I’ve driven the most mislynches against historically. I’m wary of that. None of his posts have stood out to me, but I’ve been operating at less than full capacity the last 72 hours.

G-man has been underwhelming. That becomes more suspicious the later we get into the game.
Sloonei wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:44 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 28, 2020 4:27 pm @Sloonei who bad?
Radishes remains suspect #1. I’m starting to agree with the G-man suspicion as well. Other than that I feel like I still have a lot of things left to figure out.
Oompa loompa doompadee dell,
Your progression on me is lazy as hell.
One might think you’re trying to raise
Me up as a soft-target case.

Vague comments that all seem to promote
The notion that everything that I wrote
Fails to live up to Day 1’s in my past
Makes me wonder if you need gassed.

I always struggle early on.

Oompa loompa doompadee det,
Sloonei’s dangling an easy target-
Waiting to see who else may bite.
On this issue G-Man’s willing to fight.
(This is a lot of the same of what I posted for #4. Sloonei looks like the worst offender on this front, but I have seen S~V~S and Juliets do a little G-Man-dangling as well. If anyone, I would expect S~V~S to tread lightly with this, as I caught her doing it once before. Beyond that, I don't civ read her. In the past, she has been pushier for content when civvie, and an over-explainer when she's bad. She's struck a balance of each so far that leaves me wondering. I don't recall ever playing against baddie juliets, but name-dropping me over nothing is irritating. I can respect being suspected for worthwhile concerns, but this does not fit the bill.)
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V
My Banners:
Word to your mom- my spreadsheet's the bomb
I got more rhymes than BoB's host Dom
JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Champions 2019 - Crisis on The Syndicate [Day 1]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:05 am I think it's clear I was being a brat.
Mocking Jay's reads and that is just that.
Assigning a scum lean so quickly is rash,
Action that I'm willing to bash.

Unless Jay was just fishing...
Well this is bullshit. Have we met?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 302

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:11 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:09 pm [VOTE: Ted] aubergine

I could be persuaded to vote Mac pretty easily.
Hey you should vote mac
wow okay that sounds good [VOTE: Macdougall] aubergine
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 596
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]G-Man[/mention] I don't know what you mean about me name dropping you over nothing. Please explain.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:17 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm I can’t, and for once I feel like I have a tangible suspicion against him as well: his “joke” about Dragomir that we had a short spat over. It was bizarre and of of nowhere, and after sleeping on it I feel like it was an attempt to slide the conversation back to a previous discussion (lynching a low poster, which both nanook and I had expressed tentative support for a little while earlier) without directly endorsing it or making it too obvious what he was doing. It looked like an awkward attempt at a transition disguised as a joke. If he genuinely wanted us to look at a low poster, he just needed to say so.
Tell me about Turnip Head if you didn't already speak about that vote.
Haven’t had a firm read one way or the other despite TH’s big thread presence. Want to see some discussion and hopefully i’ll come back to take a closer look later.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 530
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Hey you should vote mac
I should run for office
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

G-Man wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:21 pm"Jay always posts a lot, which is normal for him, but early on his posts didn't feel like standard-issue-Jay. There was an edge to them that I don't recall. (Bear in mind that this might be only the third game I've played in just over a year.) He didn't seem to be pushing for content for the sake of pushing for content to be evaluated. He seemed to be pushing for content with a direction in mind already. Sorry, that's lame and vibey, but there it is.
How do you draw this distinction?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Master Radishes
Hitman

Let’s go with a nice rainbow list. Those tend to work well for me this game.

Follow ‘em to the end
Dizzy
Dom

Not entirely unhappy with
Sig
Juliets
Michelle
Epi
Colin
Jack – I don’t get the recent shade; I felt his case on Nutella felt naturally Jack-like, or at least not scum-like

Mushy middle
Sloonei – as mentioned, don’t know how to read him; at the moment feeling more + than - though
G-Man – gimmick aside, he’s just floating, but I don’t know if that’s necessarily scummy; as I type this, he explains it all again, so now I need to review…
Sprit – have paid him no attention this game
Speedchuk – low poster, need more to make a judgement
Nanook2.0 – seems different, but not necessarily scummy; TBD
Drago & Tranq – exist, apparently

Not at all fond of
Jay – doing nothing of note, but no one is seeing this apparently, so we’ll circle back here later cuz I don’t have the time now
Turnip – he’s sitting back a lot but clearly paying attention; that apparently fits his meta but I’m not convinced I’m seeing town here
Mac – for reasons many others have stated by now
Ted – has dropped down my list today; seemed too confident when defending Mac and to me that could be TMI
TSP – I know he’s been posting, but I actually don’t know what he’s done; I consider that not a good thing
SVS – must confess, a bit of a ‘vibes’ read here; early posts pinged me and I feel she began today clinging to my wagon too much, like she hoped it would be an easy out
Sabie – mainly for the bandwagon vote on Nutella; haven’t properly ISOed to make up my mind

Hope I got everyone.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Am I blinded to scum Mac? I'm not seeing the behavior I saw in Inception and his response to being scum read is different here than he was there.

Dizzy can you talk about Jack if you're here?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:29 pm Haven’t had a firm read one way or the other despite TH’s big thread presence. Want to see some discussion and hopefully i’ll come back to take a closer look later.
I view TH as a solid civilian read. Qualifying that substantively is difficult for TH given that his posts are so brief -- that's his Thing so whatever. It's my intuition. I haven't found his stances hard to believe; they fit well within the persona I associate with his civilian body. He is frank and sometimes contrarian, and when he has provided explanations I haven't struggled to follow.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:20 pm
Tranq wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 7:32 am I see sabie12 and Michelle share my suspicion of TH (maybe others too, i did not read everything, and probably won't get around to it), so i'm glad to see i'm not the only one. I'm putting a vote there.
Ew.
I also thought this was ew. Tranq seems to be not at all interested in this game.

What happened to jack? Ever since nutella got lynched he hasn't been around as much. I feel like he is around more and more aggressive with the scum hunting when hes a civ. It was like he mainly cared about accusing nutella and then mac and now he's just whatever about it.

I havent had a chance to read gmans huge post yet.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:32 pm Am I blinded to scum Mac? I'm not seeing the behavior I saw in Inception and his response to being scum read is different here than he was there.

How would you describe that difference between the two games? I do believe Mac is not a binary character, but I am open to whatever you have in mind.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:32 pmNot at all fond of
Jay – doing nothing of note, but no one is seeing this apparently, so we’ll circle back here later cuz I don’t have the time now
What exactly would be "of note"?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Master Radishes
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:37 pm
Anything that helps to solve the game and find the scum.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:36 pm
Ew.
I also thought this was ew. Tranq seems to be not at all interested in this game.
I wouldn't call it disinterest, at least not in this specific instance. I find it ew that Tranq employed this sort of "now I have friends!" mindset when placing his vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:39 pm
You're not reading my posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Master Radishes
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:40 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:39 pm
You're not reading my posts.
:haha: :beer:

No but seriously, you're not doing it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:36 pm
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:32 pm Am I blinded to scum Mac? I'm not seeing the behavior I saw in Inception and his response to being scum read is different here than he was there.

How would you describe that difference between the two games? I do believe Mac is not a binary character, but I am open to whatever you have in mind.
I was trying to not talk about what I saw when he was bad because he'll just not do it but that is hampering me being able to discuss him. In Inception his style was chaos posting. He was all over the place with his reads and thoughts and at one point even said that when he's bad he tends to post like iaafr (who is a chaos poster regardless of alignment). I haven't seen him doing that here. He flipped on nutella/Jack but someone - I can't remember who this game is so flooded - walked through that flip and it made sense to me. Anyway, it wasn't chaos posting.

In Inception when I finally confronted him he didn't make jokes that I recall like he did here. He was more "serious" (if I can use that word in relation to Mac) than he was here when he was arguing about his innocence.

The primary difference though is his posting style. I just see a different Mac here.

What do you mean when you say he is not binary? Do you mean his meta is not clearly "good" Mac and "bad" Mac?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:47 pm What do you mean when you say he is not binary? Do you mean his meta is not clearly "good" Mac and "bad" Mac?
Essentially. I don't believe there is one concrete version of "good Mac" or one concrete version of "bad Mac". He comes in more forms. I'll consider what you've said anyway. For whatever it's worth, I agree that he has not been an agent of chaos in this game.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:43 pm :haha: :beer:

Who should be lynched?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Master Radishes
Hitman

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine

Not feeling the Jack or G-man wagons.

Will check in later.
Master Radishes
Hitman

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:51 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:43 pm :haha: :beer:

Who should be lynched?
Asked and answered ^^

Mac is also acceptable, but GTH TH is my stronger scum read in a vacuum.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thonk

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Sloonei wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:03 pm Upon reviewing the whole of Mac's re-entry into the thread last night, I find myself uninspired by essentially all of it. Someone please tell me why Mac is a civilian.
I can’t, and for once I feel like I have a tangible suspicion against him as well: his “joke” about Dragomir that we had a short spat over. It was bizarre and of of nowhere, and after sleeping on it I feel like it was an attempt to slide the conversation back to a previous discussion (lynching a low poster, which both nanook and I had expressed tentative support for a little while earlier) without directly endorsing it or making it too obvious what he was doing. It looked like an awkward attempt at a transition disguised as a joke. If he genuinely wanted us to look at a low poster, he just needed to say so.
I think this is where I'm leaning with mac as well. I feel like he is trying to lead the thread in a different direction but in a sneaky way. He is a tough one to read but I'm leaning more scum on him.
juliets wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:36 pm

I was trying to not talk about what I saw when he was bad because he'll just not do it but that is hampering me being able to discuss him. In Inception his style was chaos posting. He was all over the place with his reads and thoughts and at one point even said that when he's bad he tends to post like iaafr (who is a chaos poster regardless of alignment). I haven't seen him doing that here. He flipped on nutella/Jack but someone - I can't remember who this game is so flooded - walked through that flip and it made sense to me. Anyway, it wasn't chaos posting.

In Inception when I finally confronted him he didn't make jokes that I recall like he did here. He was more "serious" (if I can use that word in relation to Mac) than he was here when he was arguing about his innocence.

The primary difference though is his posting style. I just see a different Mac here.

What do you mean when you say he is not binary? Do you mean his meta is not clearly "good" Mac and "bad" Mac?

Do you think his more recent posts after responding to suspicion seemed like more chaotic posting? Where he was all over the place
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 352

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:07 pm
speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:37 pm Having read over the last two pages, Dys and Dom are my top townreads.
Me too.

@Dizzy, I actually feel quite :sigh: about us, because I think we'd make a kickass towncore. I see and like the way you think the game. Too bad about the whole you-think-I'm-bad thing.
This hit me right in the feels, also because I kind of think the same thing. What if we just did that for a change? Dom and G-Man could come. Also Tony, for silly reasons.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Thanks [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] I will read back on Mac and decide if that's where I should be. I'm so annoyed with G-Man for taking up so much time getting the Oompa Loompa's right when he could have been sharing more thoughts, asking questions, etc. but I don't think my annoyance is worth a vote. His content lacks but there are others whose content is even more lacking.

[mention]sabie12[/mention] it still wasn't the kind of chaos posting he did in Inception but I'm going back now to his posts in this game and rethink him. Jay's comment about him not being binary has helped.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:53 pm [VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine

Not feeling the Jack or G-man wagons.

Will check in later.
Ok. So I don't know Turnip super well. But the last time I saw him as town he also wrote one sentence posts with unexplained reads and that shit. I actually feel like Turnip has been trying to solve and I see a lot of where he's coming from.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

All I know is that Jack has a very narrow focus this game. I remember, years ago probably, playing a multiball game with him when we were on opposite teams. We tunneled each other that game. So I don't think him going hard for Nut D1 is evidence of him being town, like he said (because he was prefer to be more under the radar as scum).

Thinking about it, I've never played with Jack without him giving a read on me. I don't think he has this game. I don't know why.

Sorry, probably not helpful. It still feels like D1 for me. No real leads.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I've also not been a fan of TH this game I just read the ISO. My first issue with them at the beginning of the game was making reads with no real explanation. Then their treatment of colin was weird to me like they were so sure its gotta be colin and anyone who thought maybe give colin a chance must be bad too. Now all of a sudden since no one was following that he's onto something else. Shrug idk I don't feel great about him so far.

I think right now though I feel worse about mac. I'm not seeing him as civ and in looking back at other games I could see his responses as a scum mac. He is trying to get people off himself without trying to make cases elsewhere. His blindly following jack on nutella was meh. I know he has a way of trying to sneakily get suspicion in different directions without directly saying it.
[VOTE: mac] aubergine
~Darren Shan~
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 5:09 pm

All I know is that Jack has a very narrow focus this game. I remember, years ago probably, playing a multiball game with him when we were on opposite teams. We tunneled each other that game. So I don't think him going hard for Nut D1 is evidence of him being town, like he said (because he was prefer to be more under the radar as scum).

Thinking about it, I've never played with Jack without him giving a read on me. I don't think he has this game. I don't know why.

Sorry, probably not helpful. It still feels like D1 for me. No real leads.
Thanks Dizzy, it does help. And yeah I feel like Day 1 too.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:50 pm
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:49 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:37 am
Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:34 am Turnip-- Colin is suddenly out of the game, who do you lynch and why?
Long Con for tampering with my suspect
[VOTE: turnip head] aubergine
is this logical or are you offended because I didn't answer your question
I asked someone the same question earlier. Weird.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 101

Post by ColinIsCool »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:28 pm If G-Man's not scum I will let Karen leave me and also take the kids willingly
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Master Radishes wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:32 pm Let’s go with a nice rainbow list. Those tend to work well for me this game.

Follow ‘em to the end
Dizzy
Dom

Not entirely unhappy with
Sig
Juliets
Michelle
Epi
Colin
Jack – I don’t get the recent shade; I felt his case on Nutella felt naturally Jack-like, or at least not scum-like

Mushy middle
Sloonei – as mentioned, don’t know how to read him; at the moment feeling more + than - though
G-Man – gimmick aside, he’s just floating, but I don’t know if that’s necessarily scummy; as I type this, he explains it all again, so now I need to review…
Sprit – have paid him no attention this game
Speedchuk – low poster, need more to make a judgement
Nanook2.0 – seems different, but not necessarily scummy; TBD
Drago & Tranq – exist, apparently

Not at all fond of
Turnip – he’s sitting back a lot but clearly paying attention; that apparently fits his meta but I’m not convinced I’m seeing town here
Mac – for reasons many others have stated by now
Ted – has dropped down my list today; seemed too confident when defending Mac and to me that could be TMI
TSP – I know he’s been posting, but I actually don’t know what he’s done; I consider that not a good thing
SVS – must confess, a bit of a ‘vibes’ read here; early posts pinged me and I feel she began today clinging to my wagon too much, like she hoped it would be an easy out
Sabie – mainly for the bandwagon vote on Nutella; haven’t properly ISOed to make up my mind

Hope I got everyone.
I do not like this post.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Radish: I like how you think.
Me: I wish I knew what I was even thinking..
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Dom wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 2:20 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:54 am [VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine I don't like his unwavering suspicion of Mac and I especially don't like his reasoning re: Mac's changing opinion of Nutella
Why does that make him bad?
So... is Turnip Head gonna hide behind me all game?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I have four votes. Therefore, Mac has teammates. Gottem.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 724
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Somebody give me the TH cliff notes.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:47 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:11 am Not to make everything about me but I am pretty pinged by the moment everybody moved off me and jumped onto Mac or whatever. Feels fishy, independent of Mac’s flip
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:13 am although I guess “everybody” just means NANOOK and Dom, I don’t remember if there were more.
expand
I wasn't around when it happened, but it felt like it all just vanished and quickly. I didn't even do anything to address the concerns people had of me other than say I was leaving the thread for a while so I don't see why people would have moved their votes off of me if they truly think I'm a bad dude
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 353

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:15 pm Mac's greatest civilian weakness in my eyes is that he does not effectively shake himself free of his reads -- for better or for worse. I don't mean to be an arse, Mac's a great player. We all have a weakness somewhere. Mac does not easily shed suspicion, and he does not easily shed trust. So no, I don't think his reversal on nutella is a good reason to call him a civilian. That's not his game.
How very wrong you are.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

[VOTE: master radishes] aubergine
He is still on the table for me. I’ll be around to do all the things fairly soon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Ew.
Yes that post is hot garbage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 4:24 pm

Hey you should vote mac
PLEAZE DONG
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 3:55 pm G-Man oompa-loomping for no reason has zero bearing on his alignment. I find it rather consistent with his Day 1 actually, where he was a Cranky Butt about the pace of the game. When not having fun, make your own fun.
I'm inclined to agree with this. Haven't decided which wagon I'm jumping on cause I guess Tony won't take but I think we can do better than G-Man
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I will be moving off of G-Man, just deciding where to go.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”