Moderator: Community Team

EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 201
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Re: Bird Mafia [Day 1]

Post by EnderWiggin »

I mean I'm tempted to vote you now =P
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 112
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:38 am @esooa do you think there's a chance HK is town and glavial is mafia here?
I think this question is indeed unproductive as phrased and idk what you're talking about it
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:46 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:40 amyes
I can't remember much of what you said from read through, which do you think is more likely and why?
this one's pretty unproductive too because you ask if I think "HK scum gavial town" is more likely or not than "HK town gavial town" when there is no preclusion to them being teamed. So I ignore it and give my actual read, gavial town. No mention of HK because I have no opinion. And you get mad
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:34 am

It wasn't a literal is it possible, it was a do you think this situation is likely, I believe the context of me asking for someone's opinion on it makes it clear I wasn't actually asking is this literally possible in any world

Unless I'm the biggest idiot in the world (possibly) I obviously knew this was possible, therefore you must apply context to what I actually mean in this instance. As far as I can tell the only person who actually didn't understand what I meant was you, consideirng esooa or no one else so far has even agreed with you or mentioned something similar to what you are saying now. Esooa went down the cool not bothered to interact route.

The problem here isn't my question, it's that you appear to take everything absolutely literally which is ok but displays a general lack of comprehension in my opinion. Not trying to be toxic about it but you're digging deeper so it forces me to point it out atp. When speaking human communication often has incidences where what someone says literal and the clear intention are different, it is up to the reciever to grasp what is intended relevant to the context and respond. Clearly you could not do this here and to be honest that a big load of not my problem. Unless you vote me. That would be my problem. Dont vote me please.
Well first of all, I'm a robot, so human interaction is like only 43% installed at the best of times.

Secondly, to be honest the biggest issue wasn't the question. If you'd asked the question and moved on, I'd have been just NAI about it.

But then you proceeded to attack Esooa, and if I don't white knight how can I pocket her? =P

But like, the attack was weird and I don't see how it was relevant to attack Esooa when, from your own words: "speaking human communication often has incidences where what someone says literal and the clear intention are different, it is up to the reciever to grasp what is intended relevant to the context and respond."

I mean, it's not my job to police how you reacted to Esooa, but anyway. =P
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Again: The line of questioning you provided was pointless, provided no information to town, and gave you a vector of attack over something unnecessary.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

And above me is Esooa saying something somewhat similar, even if she doesn't agree exactly with my opinion.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

literally this is what happened

you made a read on someone you don't know that was filled was assumptions (though you did need to make them)

I give insight on the assumptions that are true and factual and not strictly adhering to my read

you go WTF why are you giving reasons to scum read someone you have as town

this isn't hard
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

If we're talking about unproductive then I think spending 5000 words arguing about the definition of possible is pretty unproductive.

I have no concerns about Ender, he came in after 6 years of not playing mafia and immediately proceeded to be one of the highest volume solvers in the thread.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:44 am If we're talking about unproductive then I think spending 5000 words arguing about the definition of possible is pretty unproductive.

I have no concerns about Ender, he came in after 6 years of not playing mafia and immediately proceeded to be one of the highest volume solvers in the thread.
I really don't think it's that hard to not get rusty in mafia so idk about factoring that in. It sounds like you're considering him to be new
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Btw, vote still staying on Orange because I was promised reads in the morning but:

I'm probably picking up Herm as my primary lynch target for the day after.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:44 am If we're talking about unproductive then I think spending 5000 words arguing about the definition of possible is pretty unproductive.

First of all "One of"? Excuse you, highest postcount =P

Secondly, I'm always going to be obnoxiously active.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:45 am

I really don't think it's that hard to not get rusty in mafia so idk about factoring that in. It sounds like you're considering him to be new
I fully expect to have to patch holes in my scumhunting quality and my ability to hide things.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

tbh if we want to talk about useless things what's about this

"We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie."

it's not true because lying is intentional and sometimes people can unwittingly say false things
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:47 am

I fully expect to have to patch holes in my scumhunting quality and my ability to hide things.
maybe I'm just such a conniving bitch that my daily life includes enough wolfing to not get rusty
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:48 am tbh if we want to talk about useless things what's about this

"We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie."

it's not true because lying is intentional and sometimes people can unwittingly say false things
It just sounds dumb so I love it. Sounds like one of those "People die when they are killed" level of quotes.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:49 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:47 am

maybe I'm just such a conniving bitch that my daily life includes enough wolfing to not get rusty
I'd believe it.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

And on that note, I'm now off to bed. G'night yall and I'll see you on flipside.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I enjoy both politics (while being relatively extreme) and debate so yeah
Wiml
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself

Post by Wiml »

Feels like Long Con had just consigned himself to just getting elimned at some point during the game and I want to call that towny.

Going to read the meta they linked when I get chance.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:50 am And on that note, I'm now off to bed. G'night yall and I'll see you on flipside.
Night!
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I can't believe it took me this long to realise that Nanook's reads were just the player list in order. Only noticed after I saw the 0-posters were separated.

I know it said ISO next to them and I'm an idiot.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Talked about it previously but no issues with Wurzel. He's tonally fine and his entrance tracks with recent games where he was town.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I don't really remember anything that KZA or Creature has said.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

I understand why I don't remember any of Creature's posts now lol.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Does Creature try to fake acting like this as a wolf? I'm doubtful.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:20 am Does Creature try to fake acting like this as a wolf? I'm doubtful.
yes
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:29 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:20 am Does Creature try to fake acting like this as a wolf? I'm doubtful.
yes
Really? I remember in Mountaintops I had a start where I was struggling to get reads / post and I was completely out of my wolf range and said as such because I knew I would never allow myself to present as playing that badly as a wolf lol.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 248

Post by Creature »

Holy shit I think this game just doubled its pages while I was asleep.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Oh right, I need to do something so I don't present as playing that badly as a wolf.
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Creature wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:40 am Oh right, I need to do something so I don't present as playing that badly as a wolf.
Please do!
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Well it's more like... from what I've seen of your play before this game I think you can do a lot better than having an ISO that, in the nicest way possible, is effectively "I don't know what to do and I don't want to be wrong" regardless of your alignment and I don't see why you would attempt to have an ISO like that as a wolf when to my knowledge that isn't your usual town meta at all.
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 155

Post by Gavial »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:25 am Every reason I've seen for people voting HK right now is bad.
Really? I had like 20.
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 184

Post by falcon45ca »

[VOTE: HERM] aubergine
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:58 am
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:44 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:37 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:32 pm ITT: Gavial wrong AF, as usual.
When you decide to stop being a shouty gremlin lemme know and we can play some mafia, ok? :beer:
This is just ew.
First off buttercup, saying “I’m wrong” ain’t real convincing for yeah.
Your second line there seems to be a way to discredit what I’m saying, trying to call everything I’m saying out as pointless which is like real wolfy.
So like instead of complaining and whatnot how about you go ahead and discuss some other stuff with me.
You said this here -) “we can play some mafia”
We are playing mafia and as such I’m all ears to hear what you gotta say in your defence. Oh sweet sticky buttercup, how come you think you aren’t mafia?
Gavial, seriously, stop. You're making yourself look silly.

I dunno what bug crawled up your butt and died but you are being a shouty gremlin insisting you have the soul scum read on me, not giving literally any reasons why you have it, you've paired me with falcon for some god forsaken reason, and all you're doing is stomping your feet and jumping up and down shouting "HK is a wolf you guys seriously he is trust me" which isn't going to get you anywhere.

I'm not bothering to defend myself b/c you've got nothing

And just for the record, saying "HK is a wolf" ain't real convincing ;-)
Town
Wrong.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:18 am
Gavial wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:54 am Ok so let’s get to it.
The Hollowcat case. Right!

Hollowcat Case

Hollowcat has a bunch of bad reactions.
Such as Overreactions and “Your the Bad one Not Me!” type reactions with some “Unnatural”and “Not Genuine” Vibes in there
Which is Rand Wolf for them.

In Post#41 Hollowcat calls Esooa town. Now while I also read them the same, it wasn’t till later it stood out. This isn’t anything to do with the “wolfy part” but it’s more of the standby of “is this a genuine read or scum faking?”

In Post#76 Hollowcat instead of simply saying “I would have expected a different answer” which would have led to another conversation
they shut down their vote. Even though it wasn’t a strong reason anyway. But it was too the extent of trying to make them look bad. Like IDK about you but “the answer is poorly” doesn’t look that nice and towny to me and looks like exactly what I said it looks like.

In Post#79 after Esooa questioned their read they resorted to the default “Ha your funny” and if that was a meme read I honestly don’t understand what the point of it was.

Post#89 while again I agree with their read, again not for the same reason. I don’t see any of the genuine vibe here at all.

In Post#97 the first to sus HK was Alison whom calls them out on their lack of villager which I agree with. So HK calls their read weak and votes them. Lol OMGUS much? Not to mention an overreaction.

In Post#109 they are clearly discrediting Alison throwing the tennis ball like they just don’t care. Trying to make it seem like it’s pointless and they would only do this if they had motivational reason.

In Post#115 felt Unnatural like it was said oddly and done IMO like theatre but yeah I suppose it could be WvT. But I still don’t like it

Post#128 is yet again another unnatural post.
It shouldn’t have been said there considering their vote on Esooa not to mention as I said previously that out of nowhere TR Esooa and then calling it off as a meme read doesn’t sit right at all. Oh and yes “skeevy old man” means meme read try me Hollowcat, you ain’t gonna surpass.

Post#156 is an overreaction for me calling them and Falcon W/W aka scum buddies

Post#157 they purposely avoid the question like I said they would

I’ve already went over how bad Post#159 is just go read my ISO.

Post#162 they finally respond to the post that was seen from 157 and responds with “IDC”.

Post#163 Not only bad but first time you see them bringing up something “meta wise” previous game because from their stand point if they are scum which I truly think they are they don’t understand my case on them so they were presuming it had something to do with a grudge but it does not. Why would they even bring this up? I clearly said they did a good job in that game and ain’t the kind of guy to push hard for something that isn’t game relevant. See I’m a vibe man and by vibes this post is hella wolfy from HK.

As for Post#170 again went over it, check my ISO.

Post #174 is a major overreaction. Not only did they try and call out Long Con on their vote (which I’ve rarely meta wise seen HK care this much if a vote is placed on them or not)
anyway, HK then doesn’t like that I stated what I think should have been said (how LC has made a great vote) and then OMGUS votes me practically calling me a LHF and asking to PL.
Which is ????

Damn going with another one in Post#183 with another slap of the wrist town read that in HK’s world is fuckin god knows real or a meme. Like LOL.

Post #189 HK’s right! It’s not a burst of anger because he can’t get angry here because he ain’t being genuine and I’ve already given them exactly what it IS. (Overreaction, First time bring up meta, reverts to make me look bad with the LHF should I continue?) then the response of “I can link you some burst of anger if you’d like?” seems hella out of place like it just feels like a wolfy responses/defend there. Hopefully you guys can feel this vibe as well.

Post#194 came to the point I didn’t give a fuck to read that big part at the beginning of that post but what I did read is this: “My real read is that he's not town. I'm voting for him because he's behaving differently from my expectations of him, and would like to see him start making actually game relevant posts.”
Your expectations of me are???
I’ve been making plenty of game relevant posts thank you very much.

Oh FUCKIN DOOR BELL!
Check out Post#197 “Your case will be approximately as useful as an icebox to an Eskimo” bitch no. If you were town you would obviously admit here your trying to PL me for thinking I’m actually a LHF when I’m not. But instead it’s for some other dumb shit that is clearly false based on what you have given this fuckin game state.

#Post202 is a fuckin scum claim and open wolf lynch this bro now! This door shoe says “There's no policy to my vote on him.” Ok LMAO. Clearly you don’t even understand your own damn posts.

I’m not even going to care to go further.
Feel if I do I’m going to just irritate myself more but yeah that’s the case on Hollowcat so if you don’t want to vote an ObvWolf your kinda floor Matt.

Time to mass ping everyone except the voters and Nanook because he hates me pinging him.

@orangecrush
@Dolby
@Esooa
@Wiml
@EnderWiggin
@lost monkey
@Duskfall
@Creature
@Herm
@falcon45ca
Ok good chance glavial is incorrect townie I think
I’m correct Townie TYVM.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 10:47 am Well it's more like... from what I've seen of your play before this game I think you can do a lot better than having an ISO that, in the nicest way possible, is effectively "I don't know what to do and I don't want to be wrong" regardless of your alignment and I don't see why you would attempt to have an ISO like that as a wolf when to my knowledge that isn't your usual town meta at all.
I don't have a usual town meta. My play mostly depends on factors like real-life mood, music playing, and the time I enter the thread.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:22 am Ok my D1 townies:
Alison
Ender
Hollokat
----
Glavial
Herm
Here I’ll give you some meta.
I’m Seththeking.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Now vote Hollowcat!
Let’s not allow another wagon to form!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:23 am Wrt my hk read:

It's mostly for meta/tone reasons. I've been looking for another HK wolf game to compare it to but you can't find them through his MU account for whatever reason.
He just had one where he clutched it.
But he was playing Buss mode which he is definitely not doing this game.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:34 am
Esooa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:28 am
Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:24 am I am reasonably confident that the whole group of actives players are overwhelmingly town and scum lie in the less active, would rather core a lurker than the people filling up the thread here today 1000 percent

Is this orangeandblack5 from 451 anyone know ?
who tf is orangeandblack5
@Duskfall
No orange crush is from mafia cafe.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:07 am @Long Con

Can you explain your vote on HK please?
@Long Con
You can steal anything you’d like from my case.
Don’t worry, I’ll make you lock town for it!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:14 am I'm not confident HK is town but I don't like his wagon and I certainly wouldn't go there today.
I would definitely go there today.
No, I would most certainly go there today.

@Wiml
Read my case.
One of the major things HK did was at the end of my case there where they clearly don’t even know what they are posting because everything they said about me was “LHF + PL” but are denying exactly what they said like LMAO.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:17 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:14 am I'm not confident HK is town but I don't like his wagon and I certainly wouldn't go there today.
Who would you go for?
ATM? Herm.
Herm is fuckin Townie yeah broken down turtle!
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:20 am [VOTE: hollowkatt] aubergine
Alison wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:21 am [VOTE: nanook] aubergine

actually

he's naked voting orange btw
Now I’m starting to think Hollowcat was bussing you.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

@hollowkatt
Yes I’m pre-flipping you because your ObvScum.
Your Welcome!
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Gavial wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:03 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:17 am
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:15 am
Who would you go for?
ATM? Herm.
Herm is fuckin Townie yeah broken down turtle!
what the fuck bro
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Gavial wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:04 am @hollowkatt
Your Welcome!
literally stop. You are terrorizing thread health. I will kill you for that reason alone
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Dafuq is even happening
Wiml
Money Launderer

Post by Wiml »

Gavial wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:04 am @hollowkatt
Your Welcome!
I'll respond to your other post in a moment but you are not going to get a good reaction from HK doing this and I don't think making him annoyed is going to make him any easier to read!
falcon45ca
Posts in topic: 184

Post by falcon45ca »

Herm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:08 am I'm open to the idea of HK and Falcon being scumbuddies tbh.

First time playing with them though.
Herm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:26 am Squeezing the afk players for now until HK and Falcon reappears!!!
Herm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:29 am I was going to vote Falcon, but changed my mind in the middle of posting.

I would like to see more game thoughts from him before I decide if I want to vote him or not.
Herm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:50 am
Wiml wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 5:29 am
Herm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 3:29 am I was going to vote Falcon, but changed my mind in the middle of posting.

I would like to see more game thoughts from him before I decide if I want to vote him or not.
Can you explain what made you scumread falcon please?
Unvoted and didn't move it anywhere after being pressured.

It's a very soft scumread. I waffle back and forth on him since he claimed out of nowhere.

Attributing the HK/Falcon pairing that other players have seen to my suspool.
Herm wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 6:24 am
Glavial wrote:Ok good chance glavial is incorrect townie I think
Glav buddy, from a scale of 1 to 100, how certain are you that HK and Falcon are scumbuddies lol?
Whole lot of pageantry here w/o anything real happening no genuine pressure.

My fav post is the "adding HK/Falc that others have paired into suspool"...the other player is only Gav. There's something Trump-esque about his posts, or am I the only one seeing that?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”