Highway Heist (MAFIA WIN)

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a masochistic road thug? (Hammer at 4)

Poll ended at Sat Mar 05, 2022 6:00 pm

c4e5g3d5
No votes
Hally
No votes
JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
Macdougall
No votes
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
No votes
NotAnAxeHole
40%
Host/other
60%

Total votes: 10
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 433

Re: Highway Heist (Day 2)

Post by MacDougall »

@Dyslexicon get in here and get spanked bb
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:10 am Imagine I have the energy to quote a bunch of stuff that dizzy said while I was fighting with Hally and Jay and pointed out how wolfy it is. Then agree with it plz.
Dizzy posts from the period in which Mac and I were fighting early in Day 2:

Spoiler: show
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:44 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:35 pm dizzy i really have no idea what your issue with me this game is

or just like your issue with everything in general even
You wouldn’t buy Alison’s trick as town. You are hesitant in making points that advance town. I just think it’s a decent chance you’re mafia, and I’m not going to get into a discussion about it with you. We can talk about other things.

Hopefully I get to read the game again during this day phase.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:45 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:43 pm Funny you say that Jay because I don't believe that either of you would view the day as having played out the way that it did and think I had anything to do with it, do you really think that Alison goes over day 1 without the mafia playing a significant role in her demise? I don't.
I played maybe the biggest part, and I could tell it was a mistake as it was happening heh
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:43 pm Funny you say that Jay because I don't believe that either of you would view the day as having played out the way that it did and think I had anything to do with it, do you really think that Alison goes over day 1 without the mafia playing a significant role in her demise? I don't.
I played maybe the biggest part, and I could tell it was a mistake as it was happening heh
that isn't helping my point right now
But it’s true. Don’t really thing Jay is mafia. But what I think isn’t likely to be worth much
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 pm Furthermore I will add that nobody outright attacking me (the way Jay and Hally have done right now) d1 is a strong indicator that it's because I was pushing an incorrect POE and wasn't being a threat. Jay and Hally at multiple points exhibited TMI that I was town.
You were pushed a decent deal for a d1. You’re not making convincing points tbh
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:50 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:49 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:35 pm dizzy i really have no idea what your issue with me this game is

You wouldn’t buy Alison’s trick as town. You are hesitant in making points that advance town. I just think it’s a decent chance you’re mafia, and I’m not going to get into a discussion about it with you. We can talk about other things.

why would i ever think alison would troll there? she’s like the least trolly person on the planet

i was actually kinda shocked she made that post when she flipped villager
I watched it in real time and was almost positive she was lying. It’s well within her wheelhouse.

Oh well. My brain wants to tunnel you so
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:51 pm Jimmay is town though. No more paranoia there for me.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:53 pm This is chaos and I’m adding to it. I love that for us.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:55 pm Mac. You’re open wolfing worse than me, regardless of your alignment. Sads.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:58 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:56 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:55 pm Mac. You’re open wolfing worse than me, regardless of your alignment. Sads.
These types of comments are why good chops on good players never go through.
I’m voting Hally now.

You could join.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:58 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:56 pm I've never, in admittedly more limited than you might expect experience, seen Jay treat someone the way he's treating Mac now. I find it interesting and probably alignment indicative.
It's been a long time perhaps, but roasting Mac is an old tradition (and one he is ridiculous to pretend never happens). He and Epignosis are the most common targets for my more... animated aggression.
It’s kind of hawt tbh
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:02 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:01 pm
I’m voting Hally now.

You could join.
Nah pass, Hally is obvious town from derp clearing herself after Alison fake claimed mafia.
Didn’t you just spend the last pages declaring how Jimmay and Hally are teammates.

You can calm down with the open wolfing now lol
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm
I’m voting Hally now.

You could join.
Nah pass, Hally is obvious town from derp clearing herself after Alison fake claimed mafia.
Why does Hally’s posts count as derp clears, while Jimnay’s does not?
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:06 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm In the triangle of Dyslexicon, Hally and Jay there are always two mafia.
So it’s me and Jay, since you just cleared Hally from derps?

Like… are you derp clearing lock towning Hally, or are you accusing them? Cause that seems the tiniest fraction unclear
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:08 pm What is my reaction and why is it bad? Is this you trying to make me look bad after a red flip or something?

This got bizarre so fast. I bet it’s pretty hilarious in specchat in some way or another.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:06 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm Why does Hally’s posts count as derp clears, while Jimnay’s does not?
Why am I town now?
I never scum read you.

I was asking Mac why he’s clearing Hally for reacting to Alison’s lies, but not you.

Of course, nobody should be cleared off of that, as mafia isn’t going to let it be known that it is a lie.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:11 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:08 pm What is my reaction and why is it bad? Is this you trying to make me look bad after a red flip or something?

This got bizarre so fast. I bet it’s pretty hilarious in specchat in some way or another.
No you are sidelining hot takes that feel like cheerleading Jay in a really scummy way and even Jay noticed it.
Your yammering makes zero sense to me. Sorryboutit.

You’re accusing Hally and clearing Hally on breathing in and out.

Or I just don’t get it.

And I believe that if there’s scum between j/hally, it’s likelier to be hally.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:15 pm But I am very much amused, yes.

Can’t tell if this is a disaster or will be productive at some point.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:17 pm Wild as it seems, Mac still could be town.

Oh wow, how amazing and interesting!

I will return later. Game game game
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:18 pm Obligatory

What if Mac/Jay are both town and the real scums are like Hally and/or Nook or something?

A few things that might be indicative of mafia Dizzy from this pile:

1) Suggesting Hally is suspicious for "buying Alison's trick" -- no reason I see why town Hally can't do that, and it also suggests to me that Dizzy knew too much about Alison's motivations as it had been happening (by way of knowing her alignment).

2) Town reading me while I was screaming at Mac in a way that I haven't done in a long time, causing numerous people including Dizzy himself to remark that I was out of character.

3) Suggesting Mac was openwolfing for making his arguments against Hally and I, points that I don't think should have necessarily been viewed as patently wrong by people other than Hally and I.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm going to look fully at the Dizzy/MR interaction now to see if it holds up.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I am now voting for dyslexicon look at me go
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:24 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:10 am Imagine I have the energy to quote a bunch of stuff that dizzy said while I was fighting with Hally and Jay and pointed out how wolfy it is. Then agree with it plz.
Dizzy posts from the period in which Mac and I were fighting early in Day 2:

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:48 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 pm
that isn't helping my point right now
But it’s true. Don’t really thing Jay is mafia. But what I think isn’t likely to be worth much
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:49 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:46 pm Furthermore I will add that nobody outright attacking me (the way Jay and Hally have done right now) d1 is a strong indicator that it's because I was pushing an incorrect POE and wasn't being a threat. Jay and Hally at multiple points exhibited TMI that I was town.
You were pushed a decent deal for a d1. You’re not making convincing points tbh
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:50 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:49 pm

why would i ever think alison would troll there? she’s like the least trolly person on the planet

i was actually kinda shocked she made that post when she flipped villager
I watched it in real time and was almost positive she was lying. It’s well within her wheelhouse.

Oh well. My brain wants to tunnel you so
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:51 pm Jimmay is town though. No more paranoia there for me.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:53 pm This is chaos and I’m adding to it. I love that for us.
I’m voting Hally now.

You could join.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:59 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:58 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:56 pm I've never, in admittedly more limited than you might expect experience, seen Jay treat someone the way he's treating Mac now. I find it interesting and probably alignment indicative.
It's been a long time perhaps, but roasting Mac is an old tradition (and one he is ridiculous to pretend never happens). He and Epignosis are the most common targets for my more... animated aggression.
It’s kind of hawt tbh
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:02 pm
I’m voting Hally now.

You could join.
Didn’t you just spend the last pages declaring how Jimmay and Hally are teammates.

You can calm down with the open wolfing now lol
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm
I’m voting Hally now.

You could join.
Why does Hally’s posts count as derp clears, while Jimnay’s does not?
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:06 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm In the triangle of Dyslexicon, Hally and Jay there are always two mafia.
So it’s me and Jay, since you just cleared Hally from derps?

Like… are you derp clearing lock towning Hally, or are you accusing them? Cause that seems the tiniest fraction unclear

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:11 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:06 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:04 pm Why does Hally’s posts count as derp clears, while Jimnay’s does not?
Why am I town now?
I never scum read you.

I was asking Mac why he’s clearing Hally for reacting to Alison’s lies, but not you.

Of course, nobody should be cleared off of that, as mafia isn’t going to let it be known that it is a lie.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:14 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:11 pm

No you are sidelining hot takes that feel like cheerleading Jay in a really scummy way and even Jay noticed it.
Your yammering makes zero sense to me. Sorryboutit.

You’re accusing Hally and clearing Hally on breathing in and out.

Or I just don’t get it.

And I believe that if there’s scum between j/hally, it’s likelier to be hally.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:15 pm But I am very much amused, yes.

Can’t tell if this is a disaster or will be productive at some point.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:17 pm Wild as it seems, Mac still could be town.

Oh wow, how amazing and interesting!

I will return later. Game game game

What if Mac/Jay are both town and the real scums are like Hally and/or Nook or something?

A few things that might be indicative of mafia Dizzy from this pile:

1) Suggesting Hally is suspicious for "buying Alison's trick" -- no reason I see why town Hally can't do that, and it also suggests to me that Dizzy knew too much about Alison's motivations as it had been happening (by way of knowing her alignment).

2) Town reading me while I was screaming at Mac in a way that I haven't done in a long time, causing numerous people including Dizzy himself to remark that I was out of character.

3) Suggesting Mac was openwolfing for making his arguments against Hally and I, points that I don't think should have necessarily been viewed as patently wrong by people other than Hally and I.
irt to the latter I would add that they in fact were not viewed as such by anyone else aside from specifically c4 who I am now tunneling as dizzy's partner for separate reasons
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dizzy and MR

From Dizzy

Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:53 pm I ship the Radish and Jimmay town core.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:20 pm I change my mind. Hally could be town.

With Jimmay, c4 and probably possibly Radish.
Dyslexicon wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:14 pm Mac is probably town tbh
Add Hally, c4, Marmot and Radish. YES RADISH

Towncoreville wow
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:34 am
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 11:17 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 10:31 am
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 9:31 am I am fascinated by the fact Mr didn't get yeeted when I slept.

I have no clue how to interpret this.

Goodnight.
Ythistho
Because it adds perspective.

If MR is town, scum for some reason haven't done it yet. Either not present or afraid of the fall out.

Or he hasn't been hammered because their team is actively avoiding it.
Uh. So you expect scum to openly hammer MR of he’s town? Seems dumb, to be frank. What if one or two are already on him?

Why is it either or. His wagon is pretty meh in any case. There’s plenty of time left in the day. Nobody expects a sudden hammer.

I don’t get and actually don’t buy that this is something you’re actually thinking about in this manner.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:28 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:31 pm Simply this:
if MR flips RED, I don't think these are wolves
c4e5g3d5, Alison, MacDougall, NotAnAxehole

I think there's a likely chance MR is red because of them not being hammered for what, a 10-12 hour period of floating 4?
If MR is red, Mac is probably more likely wolf lol. But MR is town anyways so waheveh
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:55 pm Town:
Marmot
c4
Wilgy
Hally
MR

Everyone else should get townier if they are town.
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:00 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:18 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:15 am Wilgy is obviously town who next, Alison?
I don't think he is

I re-read MR though and some stuff pings me (specifically the flat-sounding attempt to sound like an egoistical townie angry that people are assuming they're out of their scum range, and the repetition of "witty opening post" making for a kinda stilted entrance). So I [VOTE: Master Radishes] aubergine.
Orange just reads like such bs.

This is the post in question:
Master Radishes wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:47 pm Screw you I can be mafia still
Which is an obvious joke. I don't think town!Alison reads this as a "flat-sounding attempt to sound like an egotistical towny angry that people are assuming they're out of their scum range". Too many words anyway.

Alison was super awkward in the spat with Hally as well. And the "never mind I town read you now" is classic Wolfison.

So I think I'm just going to tunnel here until she be dedded.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:52 am
Alison wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 4:36 am I have just eaten a pot of Samyang noodles. My sinuses are clear and my brain is tired. I have read up.

- Mac's re-entrance into the thread does not spark joy. He appears to be generating chaos for the sake of it when I think he would approach the gamestate in a more orderly fashion if his reads were as he claims they were. Specifically, if he townreads me and sees me in danger of receiving a guillotine to the neck, I believe he would not be doing things like, eg. "voting c4 for science". I'm scratching my head why he (presumably) townreads me over the "rock apes" mindmeld. Surely I'd be frustrated at having a read confidence misrepped as either alignment.

- I still do not want to vote Mac off today. My reasoning remains the same.

- I have seen NAA's argument that JJJ is most likely to be the scum voting me. I definitely think I am being pushed by scum. Radish and Dizzy are more likely than JJJ, though. I tend to think that JJJ is the kind of townie that ramps up the townieness over time. If he is town, he will show that townieness in a brilliant dazzle as time goes on until it is undeniable to everyone and he becomes universally townread. If it is later in the game and he still hasn't ramped up, then maybe scrutinize him then. I have other leads to pursue in the meantime.

- I think Wilgy is town now. Gut read. Believe it or don't.

- Nanook takes Wilgy's place of suspicion in the POE for trying to hammer me. I had Wilgy paired with Axe specifically because Axe seemed willing to sheep my push on anyone but him, but I don't think Nanook and Axe read as strongly paired. They could be partners, it's not out of the question, but it's not an association I think is significantly more likely than Nanook + other person or Axe + other person. I think in this updated solve I'd throw Nanook in as a wild card replacement of one of Radish/Mac if I'm wrong on them. Radish/Mac/Dizzy/Nanook are floating around in some kind of scummy stew. I think there's two mafia in there and the most likely exact pair is Radish/Mac but I wouldn't be shocked to see any of the others in one of the slots. Axe is less scummy than the four of them especially given his hard Alison siding and the fact that the person I partnered him with now reads as town to me. He is 5th in the POE.

Good night.
I'm also unenthused by Mac.

I also think Wilgy is town.

Problem is, your solve just seems weak and bad to me. I took issue with your reasons for scum reading MR, because they just seem like made up bs, as I said, prescribing tons meaning into a simple joke. You never addressed this, and I would like you to. Your tag-on that I'm scum for "not doing anything" is bad as well. I have certainly done a lot. I have 5 town reads (that might change lol) and I am straight up accusing you for specific reasons. Me "doing anything" is not even a reliable way to read me. However, I'm not one to get up in your face and "open wolf" or whatever you think I would be doing here as wolf. I don't know. Maybe you're omgusing a bit or whatever, but I find your read on both me and MR particularly weak at a level I don't expect from you as town. Even if you are town and MR is mafia, I find your MR read weak.

So that just makes it hard to believe that you have such confidence in this.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:59 am At the same time, MR is not a particularly strong read of mine either way
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:29 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 6:58 am @Alison Of you town read Wilgy, I expect you to describe meaning to me trying to town clear them when Hally and Jimmay were voting Wilgy. Other people were able to. Unless you’re just not paying attention. My biggest issue, again, is your solve doesn’t have substance or the substance is weak/bad like in the case of MR
I should add that my reads aren't really that different to yours tbh.

c4/Marmot - shocked if mafia.
Hally - not shocked if mafia at all actually, but I still town read.
Wilgy - town just get with it
Jimmay - I actually just need someone to convince me one way or another, cause it's a mixed bag
Nanook - Shrug
NAA - Shrug
Mac - Playing some sour notes
Alison - Why is your reasoning for your reads on me and MR in particular so extremely bad
MR - Actually should do a lot more things
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:31 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:28 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:22 pm Name 6 townies not including yourself. Get it right and you win the game. Anyone fancy a try?
c4
marmot
dizzy
you

honestly not sure who else, but maybe radishy because he’s my mason
I'll sheep your Jimmay read if you sheep my Wilgy and Radish reads. You won't regret it. BOX THEM IN
Dyslexicon wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:53 pm
Alison wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:52 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:51 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:49 pm I am unconvinced that Alison is this convinced about me.
same

it just reads like she picked a random lhf villager to try to ram through and inflated her confidence in it to hide that there’s no substance to her push
You guys are talking like I am deathtunnelling Radish.
No. You are kind of talking like you are, while at the same time not doing it.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:49 am
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 7:46 am Why would I want to do more things
With a face like yours? No, you’re right. Just sit and look pretty
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:35 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:15 am That's an invitation for someone to say 'ah you see MR, C4 is lock town because...'
Just a lot of self reflective reacting to [situations] in a way I think would be hard to fake as scum. He just writes from a very towny perspective. Which fits with what I know of his town game, and I don't think he's as good at it as mafia. I'm ready to be fooled, but it's enough for me to just say he's town tbh.

Maybe this is abstract, but too lazy to find examples. It's basically a constant.
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:28 pm Is it allowed to be annoyed and impatient about the amount and jokes MR makes as well?

I feel I should have some kind of grievance with most everyone
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:42 pm I wish MR was townier or scummier
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:59 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:17 pm Here is my advice on what to do. First, eliminate Alison so that I won't die today.

If Alison flips scum, then eliminate Mac. If Mac is town, then eliminate Dizzy and Wilgy, in that order.

If Alison flips town, then eliminate me. I will flip town, whereupon which you should eliminate NAA and Wilgy.

I have about a 60% confidence that this solve wins the game. This may not seem like a lot of confidence, but it's actually quite a lot if you think about what I am proposing.
You're a terrible person thank god you're pretty
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:21 pm Gonna vote MR now because Alison is a better being and I don’t want us to seem teamed
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:24 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:22 pm MR can be mafia. He just sat and watched this happen.
To be fair, he already said bye didn’t he?
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:27 pm I don’t really believe MR is mafia though, which is a problem. But he has been overdoing the I don’t care I’m joking haha play style, and it’s getting super tired
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:27 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:27 pm I don’t really believe MR is mafia though, which is a problem. But he has been overdoing the I don’t care I’m joking haha play style, and it’s getting super tired
But I could say this about myself as well lol
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:11 pm MR is quite towny here actually.

I'm a little bit tired of Jimmay saying "Do stuff, solve the game, I can only read you by that", cause I don't really think that's true.
I had half the thought that I've only really seen Jimmay solve patiently with PoE and wanting to hear people out even if he suspects them, so this smack smack bang is a change of pace. This is not really an accusation, but
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:33 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:32 pm Jay, what do you expect when you look for scum Radish?

(I promise not to be offended by anything you say.)
Naughty, naughty badness. :grin:
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:38 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:37 pm If anyone else wants to comment on scum Radish feel free.
I already did. But you're too wrapped up in your mafia rand to flirt with me >: (
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:45 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:45 pm Anyway I just mainly like people talking about me.

If you want to know why I'm not a wolf here it's (a) I've not tried harder to (fake) solve and (b) my general comfort level talking directly to people (instead of around/about them) and (c) I've not made a TMI slip (which I do at least once per wolf rand).
TMI that you're not wolf counts as TMI.

Gottem
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 7:04 pm No. I think Radish is town. I'm the Radish friend.

From MR

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:43 pm What if the crowd of Jay, Hally, Dizzy, C4, Marmot, and I all rank Alison, NAA, Mac in preferred order and then find the average score to decide who dies.

(In this plan Wilgy and NAA are NPCs.)
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:47 pm Why am I and Dizzy in a dichotomy? That was an Alison thing and now it's an NAA thing and I don't know why.
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 7:57 pm Like Dizzy I need to go sleep. My vote is back on Alison in spirit.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:10 am These are nothing more than feelings, but I'd be fine with calling Hally and Marmot town, and probably Jay, Dizzy, and C4 too. I respect all their ranges but the first two have had moments where I sensed genuinity and the latter three it's more of an overall vibe.

I dont have anything specifically bad to say about most of the others, just that I've seen nothing I consider good enough to raise up beyond neutrality.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:48 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:44 pm Why do we actually town read Hally again? I've already forgotten.
They're my mason.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:40 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:28 pm Is it allowed to be annoyed and impatient about the amount and jokes MR makes as well?

I feel I should have some kind of grievance with most everyone
Yes that's allowed.
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:53 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 6:42 pm I wish MR was townier or scummier
Me too.
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 1:50 am
I'm not overdoing anything. I don't like playing D1s, am busy with work as usual, and am phone posting because my laptop is dead and I'm waiting for a new one. I'm keeping up but will not be taking any sort of lead.
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:40 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:38 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:37 pm If anyone else wants to comment on scum Radish feel free.
I already did. But you're too wrapped up in your mafia rand to flirt with me >: (
I'm busy trying to make Jay realise he doesn't actually know my scum meta and is therefore reading me wrong.

Also with setting up my new laptop so I can play fucking properly finally.
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:50 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:45 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 6:45 pm Anyway I just mainly like people talking about me.

If you want to know why I'm not a wolf here it's (a) I've not tried harder to (fake) solve and (b) my general comfort level talking directly to people (instead of around/about them) and (c) I've not made a TMI slip (which I do at least once per wolf rand).
TMI that you're not wolf counts as TMI.

Gottem
:omg:

Conclusion

Yes, these two fit together fine. There might even be some indicative stuff here, primarily in Dizzy's posts. He frequently adds caveats to his MR reads that qualify, soften, or invert them in ways that makes the whole reads progression a cloud of vagueness. Dizzy started with an actual town read, but for the majority of the game MR has floated around in this "I call him town usually but also constantly acknowledge why he might not be town" space for Dizzy. That's perfectly teammate compatible. Indeed, I get an impression that Dizzy has mentioned MR more than once out of a sense of obligation. Then on MR's side, he hardly acknowledged Dizzy at all on Day 1. Close to nothing. Then through this Day 2 I see no effort to resolve the slot. In my chart this would be light orange or maybe worse.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:28 am irt to the latter I would add that they in fact were not viewed as such by anyone else aside from specifically c4 who I am now tunneling as dizzy's partner for separate reasons
Let me know if you disagree with c4/Dizzy analysis. In the interest of immediate solving I am just going to say: I think c4 had a PR read on Dizzy at least for a moment, and that's what caused c4's faux-1610 "slip" post. If true, they're not both mafia. I made a few other points in there too.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My confidence level is has increased from like 30 to 90 in the last hour.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:27 am I am now voting for dyslexicon look at me go
You’re doing great, sweetie
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:50 am
MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:27 am I am now voting for dyslexicon look at me go
Hi you’re mafia :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:52 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:50 am
Hi you’re mafia :biggrin:
Sure. You’ve spent time on the game, you know best
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Hally I am townreading Jay because I am in fact town and he decided to be obvious about his alignment today to a ridiculous degree.

Refrain from tinfoil for the love of all that is holy.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I feel like the game is solved. If anyone wants to claw me back down from the clouds, please do. But just know that right now at 4:00 AM that’s how I feel.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:00 am I feel like the game is solved. If anyone wants to claw me back down from the clouds, please do. But just know that right now at 4:00 AM that’s how I feel.
I'm here with you honestly.

@NotAnAxehole @DrWilgy @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME Dizzy and MR are the team come and help us throw
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 5:00 am I feel like the game is solved. If anyone wants to claw me back down from the clouds, please do. But just know that right now at 4:00 AM that’s how I feel.
Is it me and MR?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Poor Alison
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:21 am @Dyslexicon get in here and get spanked bb
:grin: :grin: :grin: :nicenod:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

spank
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 170

Post by Master Radishes »

Oh we've solved the game? That's great.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Let's vote Dizzy first.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:15 am Let's vote Dizzy first.
I almost said the same about you lol
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

:goofp:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

I've felt like the game is solved for a while now. :smile:
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:40 am
You'd suggested there's a difference check between Dizzy and MR. How do you feel about them as mafia teammates?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MR and NAA

From MR

Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:56 am Catching up was fun until you all stopped talking about me. I'm going to stop and just assume Mac and NAA are voting me for no reason because it's them. I can see Alison's quoted on this page.
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:02 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:00 pm nobody has any thoughts on this?
Hally wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:02 pm
c4e5g3d5 wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:46 pm Can I get a tldr on Axe that doesn't revolve around "not towny"
- treatment of alison is wolfy - opens saying he wants to sheep her while not yet having a read on her then v reads her for a weak reason that doesn’t really apply to her and makes no effort engage with/understand the suspicion surrounding her i.e. what villagers do when someone they v read is getting wolf read a ton. just don’t see any critical thought or drive to figure things out in his treatment of her and it reads more like he’s just trying to ingratiate himself to her.

- treatment of his nonconsensus suspects is wolfy - keeps throwing you out as a wolf read but does nothing about it. again, not what villagers do when someone they wolf read is getting widely v read. i think at one point he even threw out you/jay/dizzy as his suspects and you’re all being cleared pretty much, meaning from his pov town’s consensus is way off, yet i don’t see any of the concern in his posts that villagers have when they think everything is upside down.

- i find his treatment of me wolfy too but obviously biased there. just don’t feel like he’s been trying to solve me in a good faith way.
Hally wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:06 pm also he and nanook know each other well afaik + nanook has been getting a lot of heat, but NAA has largely ignored him i think

i dunno, just not feeling the villager in the way he’s approaching anything but i’ve never played with him so maybe i’m backwards here
Never seen scum NAA either so dunno, but I did read it over earlier and didn't have anything to counter it, just so you know your hard work didn't go to waste.
Master Radishes wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 2:04 pm I found it easy to misread Axey first time I played with him though. So like your second point of not seeing concern in his posts does feel normal for him imo.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:17 pm Here is my advice on what to do. First, eliminate Alison so that I won't die today.

If Alison flips scum, then eliminate Mac. If Mac is town, then eliminate Dizzy and Wilgy, in that order.

If Alison flips town, then eliminate me. I will flip town, whereupon which you should eliminate NAA and Wilgy.

I have about a 60% confidence that this solve wins the game. This may not seem like a lot of confidence, but it's actually quite a lot if you think about what I am proposing.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:12 pm [VOTE: NAA] aubergine

Omgus
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:14 pm My wagon has the two most stale votes.

Like I guess Axe moved his briefly to put Alison at 5 or whatever happened, but seeing as he then went back to me that barely counts.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:23 pm Imagine it's Alison/NAA and both wolves have sat on my wagon for the bulk of the Day.

The fun thing about always being LHF is being bait.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:43 pm What if the crowd of Jay, Hally, Dizzy, C4, Marmot, and I all rank Alison, NAA, Mac in preferred order and then find the average score to decide who dies.

Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:44 pm

*Nook, not NAA, for that last sentence.
Master Radishes wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 3:52 pm Alison > NAA > Mac > Nook

Not sure I'm ready for a Wilgy yeet at this stage.
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:15 pm So I can have some light reading on my bus ride home, why was NAA's EoD villagery?

I dont even know what to feel about him, I just don't really get why he's now a town read.
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 2:33 pm [VOTE: NAA] aubergine

Okay.
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:47 pm Why am I and Dizzy in a dichotomy? That was an Alison thing and now it's an NAA thing and I don't know why.
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:12 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:50 pm
You're both scummy, and I trust Alison sufficiently to carry her legacy out. This is why I sheeped her from the moment I thought she was town.
But why is there a difference check?
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:04 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:45 pm
You're both scummy, and I trust Alison sufficiently to carry her legacy out. This is why I sheeped her from the moment I thought she was town.
Because likely only one of you can be mafia... And at least one of you MUST be mafia.
But

and hear me out here

why?
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:04 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:14 pm And what's your reasoning for me being scummy?
You should have argued with the ghost before she became a ghost.
Alison had a case. A poor one, but a case.

What's yours?
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 5:27 pm Like I mostly am trying to get a read on NAA in return by understanding him. I don't intend to defend myself point by point or anything.

But like... Jay. Wtf.

From NAA

NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 11:59 am So, MasterRadishes is mafia right, when are yall moving onto this wagon?
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:42 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:32 pm Can you talk more about why MR is scum?
Baaaaaaaaaaah
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:53 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:48 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:45 pm
Marmot wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 12:44 pm [VOTE: NAA] aubergine
Don't be foolish, we can sheep Alison together.

It won't work. My vote for alison isn't sheeping.
Oh, I meant sheep Alison on her MR read.
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:06 pm I would also kill MR. MR or dizzy best chances of hitting mafia
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:13 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:11 pm
NotAnAxehole wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:06 pm I would also kill MR. MR or dizzy best chances of hitting mafia
I know you're not the explaining type, but it would be valuable to me if you could just expand this by like one more sentence.
MR see Alison

Dizzy see voting history - idgi, it seems like the objective was to always vote Alison and to appear to be doing other things throughout the day.

That is all
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:42 pm Kill MR if Mafia - > Nanook
NotAnAxehole wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 3:42 pm Kill MR if Town -> Dizzy if Mafia -> Mac
Because likely only one of you can be mafia... And at least one of you MUST be mafia.
Master Radishes wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 4:14 pm And what's your reasoning for me being scummy?
You should have argued with the ghost before she became a ghost.

Conclusion

I think this interaction looks pretty clear from both sides with respect to mafia-mafia indicators. Either way the agenda I see [if I assume either to be mafia in isolation] suggests mafia/town. If MR is mafia, then he views NAA as a necessary mischop and is trying to generate that reality with subtle or not-subtle suggestions that NAA is not meeting a standard of explanation and/or trying to capitalize on low-hanging fruit (MR himself). If NAA is mafia, then he is minimizing his own ability to gain credit from chopping MR if MR is also mafia -- he is attributing his suspicion largely or entirely to Alison's legacy, meaning the credit would go to Alison. I don't figure these two are mafia teammates.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

c4 and I have both done three analyses and seem in be in general alignment, granting slight variation. He was more conservative with MR/Wilgy and perhaps MR/Dizzy than I, but our conclusions were close enough to satisfy me.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Good effort, Jimmay.

I'm home now. I'll make dinner and eat some, and then I'll sit down and try to concentrate around this game. Maybe I also can come up with something plausible, yet often wrong.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 81

Post by DrWilgy »

Everyone.

I have once again used the restroom.

This time it was less exhilarating. I believe I'm becoming used to this phenomena.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:45 am Everyone.

I have once again used the restroom.

This time it was less exhilarating. I believe I'm becoming used to this phenomena.
The game is solved, and you should vote one of me and MR. :llama:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 81

Post by DrWilgy »

I can do that, but only if someone advises a means to make using the restroom fun again.

re-ignite that potty light for me.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:48 am I can do that, but only if someone advises a means to make using the restroom fun again.

re-ignite that potty light for me.
Turn off all the lights, eliminate external noise, and create a bathroom sensory deprivation space. The serenity should be disturbed only by a single beautiful ploop.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

peepeepoopoo
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Actually, I change my mind and Nook is probably town. So that just makes things worse.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Mon Feb 28, 2022 8:28 pm am i going to have to do an interactive chart for the whole damned game
I was too late to stop you :noble:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

What's the vibe tell?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:13 am Hally is townreading Dyslexicon because Dyslexicon is pushing her and "that is what Dyslexicon would do if they were town", but like actually let's be real. Hally is actually bleedingly obvious town and town Dyslexicon would have that read and not be pushing her lol. Hally is just levelling herself out of the easier read.

Also noting Dyslexicon isn't even voting her, so Hally is reading Dizzy town for pushing her even though Dizzy isn't even pushing her really.
I'm town reading Hally.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:19 am

I will quote all the posts Mac mentioned a moment ago, but I want to highlight this one especially.

After Mac and I rip each other's heads off and Dizzy eventually settles into the town/town read, the first suspect to emerge as an alternative is... Hally? What?
No. I had Hally/Nanook as my theory going into the day. Something I thought of during the night, ignited by what I thought was Hally playing it up a bit too much around Alison's flip. It seems it was just as silly as whatever you and Mac are doing right here though. I don't believe that anymore. Anyway, if there's a chance Hally is scum, my first move will be to test out that theory and go with it. I did that, and it didn't hold up. I do have a bias for going for who I think are the biggest threats if they are mafia.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I started to read D1 from scratch, but it got super boring quickly. However, probably the only real thought I has was that Nanook had a pretty towny opening there. And later now he points out the same thing. His frustration and self vote stuff is maybe a bit icky, I don't know. It's a tempting thing to do ig. Ruminating a bit on it, I think Nanook might be town. I feel like I'm just guessing, same as everyone else. Which is demotivating.

I'm probably just going to keep town reading Hally/Jay/c4.
Mac is somehow in his own category, but I would just guess he's town because vibes. However, I never became clear about if he scum read Hally or town read Hally when he had his fight with Jay. Cause it was like "Jay and Hally are the mafia" and then he answered to me that Hally was derp cleared town. And I didn't get any of it. A not to whoever cares.
Hally I town read for my own reasons.
c4 I town read much for the reasons Hally stated here.
I have no energy to do anything other than town read Jay, and it's very likely correct.

If I take out Nanook, NAA/Wilgy/MR is probably my pool.
I haven't really considered my teammate MR a lot. If you all say he's mafia, cool. I hope it's right for the game state.
Wilgy and NAA exist.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I have tinfoils that are completely irrelevant.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@JaggedJimmyJay Disregarding you not being interested in "defence". If you want a sure way to read me correctly, here you go. It's literally the same shit as what happened the very last game I played: I literally cannot be lethargic as mafia. It doesn't happen. I'm super high strung and obsessive as mafia, it's just compulsive. Being disconnected and lethargic is only something that happens to me when I'm town. As mafia I'm hyperconnected to the game, not the other way around.

This game just feels like a guessing game to me, and makes me feel that is what mafia is. You made all this effort just to come to a wrong conclusion. I came to a wrong conclusion in regards to Alison, and even though I could instinctively tell, I didn't do anything about it.

I'm doing the best I can with how I feel right now, and I realise that it isn't very good. I don't know what else to say.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

So I could guess a team of MR/Mac right now. But it's worth as much or probably even less than Jimmay's guess.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 714
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

hard game
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i guess we’re just losing to a mac/jay super team if that’s the world, but to be real it probably isn’t and i’m too tired to do anything about it if it is
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

:sleepy:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

a radish/dizzy world would also explain why the game seems so hard and frustrating i guess

and if i’m being honest with myself, i’m probably the worst person to read dizzy and radishes because i always want them to be town, and especially this game because i only signed up for this so i could play with them again lol
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:04 am
Hally wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 3:04 am i really must be tired because i’m tinfoiling a jay/mac world lol. i actually think it fits with their interactions well, specifically

- jay was kinda oddly defensive of mac D1 imo when i don’t think mac’s play really warranted it

- they had that big fight SoD2 that i can see as wolf theater. on jay’s side, it’s already been noted that he seemed uncharacteristically combative towards mac, and i think mac would absolutely go for that kind of theater here. it seems very much in his wheelhouse to have a big fight to look unaligned.

- since that fight nothing has really happened between them? mac has continued to take pot shots at jay here and there but not really pursued his suspicions while jay has gone back to town reading him, and mac is now town reading jay back

- i also think this team would kinda explain why the game has felt so frustrating

it’s entirely possible i’ll think this is dumb when i wake up and i doubt i’ll ever be able to pull the trigger on it but i’m throwing it out there for the #postgamecred
if you want an example of jay/mac randing wolf in the last year I can give it to you...

spoiler alert

day 1 - jay was eliminated he was mafia
day 2 - mac was eliminated he was mafia

lol
i mean i really doubt that would happen again but ok
NotAnAxehole
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 187
Preferred Pronouns: HE

Post by NotAnAxehole »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:45 am
NotAnAxehole wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:40 am
You'd suggested there's a difference check between Dizzy and MR. How do you feel about them as mafia teammates?
I think it's incredibly unlikely that Mac & Nanook are the same alignment as stated before.
Russian Machine Never Breaks 769 #3
2022 Stats
| Overall 4-6 40% | Town 4-6 40% | Mafia 0-0 - |

ImageImageImageImage

2021 Stats
| Overall 6-5 55% | Town 4-5 44% | Mafia 2-0 100% |
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Re: Highway Heist (Day 1)

Post by Hally »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 4:08 am
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:46 pm
Hally wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:40 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 2:32 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 8:10 amno burn intended I am just trying to make you recognise the hypocrisy of claiming my play "leads nowhere" when your current play is to yolo a vote onto a town Mac
You're a possible chop. C4 is not. So it leads somewhere. Potentially. Your alignment is irrelevant.

If you want to understand my perspective. But if you want to moan, feel free.
this reminds me, i actually think mac’s moaning is king wolfy for him

when he’s v i feel like he gets motivated by pressure and is all “i’m gonna bitchslap the wokves now,” but his response here has felt kinda weaksauce so far
That's what I've been saying. He's moany, arguing points that doesn't matter and not really solving the game afaic.

But I almost feel like he's town playing his wolf meta, though I don't know why I feel this way.
now that I am confirmation biasing myself into this world I'd like to point out that this post is a scum claim
but also, kinda yeah

second sentence in particular seems like a TMI leak
Master Radishes
Hitman

Hally wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 2:00 pm a radish/dizzy world would also explain why the game seems so hard and frustrating i guess

and if i’m being honest with myself, i’m probably the worst person to read dizzy and radishes because i always want them to be town, and especially this game because i only signed up for this so i could play with them again lol
Aw, now I feel bad for not being able to play as properly as I'd like.
Master Radishes
Hitman

But also it's that which makes Hally a firm TR for me. We had a great run of v/v games last year that ended when I randed w and worked extremely hard to appear v to Hally specifically. The way they've approached me this game feels well within expectations - leaning me vill but hesitant to fully commit after CoV, then, lately, accepting me in the PoE and starting to solve a bit around that, yet seeming quietly reluctant to let go of that small part of them that still wants to read me vill. I haven't sensed any opportunism in how they've approached me.

I know this is not a controversial opinion; I just wanted to expound a bit.

Return to “Previous Heists”