Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Night 15

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:47 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:41 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:38 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:30 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:24 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 pm Another point about Scotty that is relevant to my read of him, but which I could not/did not want to talk about before today is that he seemed to perceive that I could hold a powerful role going back a long way (I think I first noticed it when we were still in the tribal phase). He never made a big deal of this, but he made subtle mentions of it which (I think) I picked up on and which told me he thought my role could be having a significant effect on my play/the game in general. This eventually manifested itself in his hesitence toward lynching me a few days ago.

If Scotty is bad, he silently makes a note of my potential power role and then disposes of me as quickly as possible.
this is absolutely worthless to me
Why?
Too many "could"'s and "I think"'s and assumptions that make asses out of you and I.

Your subjective assumptions of how civilians and baddies would treat you in certain situations seems irrelevant from my perspective.
My perspective is irrelevant, got it.

Continuing to vote for INH.
When you only judge things from a highly subjective standpoint, and don't even try to be objective, sure.

Sorry for not aligning with your playstyle. You have a pattern of scumreading those that don't (me, Kyle, Boom) and townreading those that do (Scotty).
How are you being objective?
I'm not judging people based on their in-thread treatment of me, which is my main problem with Sloonei's defense of Scotty.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 453

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:46 pm this is when a game's worth of irritation just messily goes everywhere, basically.
Hey, look man- you called me "overrated."

I can take that.

But Elf?

Can't let that shit slide.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:48 pm

Why?
Too many "could"'s and "I think"'s and assumptions that make asses out of you and I.

Your subjective assumptions of how civilians and baddies would treat you in certain situations seems irrelevant from my perspective.

When you only judge things from a highly subjective standpoint, and don't even try to be objective, sure.

Sorry for not aligning with your playstyle. You have a pattern of scumreading those that don't (me, Kyle, Boom) and townreading those that do (Scotty).
I'm not judging people based on their in-thread treatment of me, which is my main problem with Sloonei's defense of Scotty.
And how are you judging people? Objectively?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And do you have a problem with my defense of Scotty?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 75

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:49 pm

Why?

I'm not judging people based on how they treat me. I think that's more objective than what Sloonei has said. I never claimed to be utterly objective, I just said that Sloonei's statement was so subjective that it held no worth for me.

semantic nonsense arguments are fun
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And since I'm bombarding you with questions, what is your take on Kylemii?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:50 pm And do you have a problem with my defense of Scotty?
Both your defense and my attack of Scotty rely on mucho assumptions. I think that those assumptions aside, his in-thread content points more to him being bad. I'd hope that people would read his stuff and my analysis of his stuff and come to the same conclusion.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 pm

I'm not judging people based on how they treat me. I think that's more objective than what Sloonei has said. I never claimed to be utterly objective, I just said that Sloonei's statement was so subjective that it held no worth for me.

So you think Sloonei is being bamboozled by a bad Scotty. Am I correct?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 pm And since I'm bombarding you with questions, what is your take on Kylemii?
Eh. I feel like the dude's playstyle is at odds with other people's playstyle, and that's causing him a lot of grief. I don't really scumread him, but I'm not gonna really defend him all too much. I find Kyle hard to read, and nothing he's said, or any point made against him is enough to break past my own self-doubt when it comes to him.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:53 pm

So you think Sloonei is being bamboozled by a bad Scotty. Am I correct?
yeppers
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 492
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:16 pm Another point about Scotty that is relevant to my read of him, but which I could not/did not want to talk about before today is that he seemed to perceive that I could hold a powerful role going back a long way (I think I first noticed it when we were still in the tribal phase). He never made a big deal of this, but he made subtle mentions of it which (I think) I picked up on and which told me he thought my role could be having a significant effect on my play/the game in general. This eventually manifested itself in his hesitence toward lynching me a few days ago.

If Scotty is bad, he silently makes a note of my potential power role and then disposes of me as quickly as possible.
Why?

First, I'll restate Epi's beef: your current theory is that Scotty killer Scotty. And here you are accusing me of not being objective enough.

Second, what do you want me to be more objective about here? I observed several instances in which Scotty hinted at believing I had a powerful role. There was even one explicit instance of this in which he refused to lynch me because of what he thought my role was. From all of this I assessed that he was speculating that I had a powerful role.
My opinion is that a scum player who believes they've caught a powerful town role will dispose of this role sooner rather thab later. Opinions and subjective assessments make up a huge portion of this game, so it's beyind bullshit that you want to deny my playstyle for employing my opinions.

Also, the hell is with this accusation you keep making that I suspect anyone who doesn't fall in line with me? You made this earlier, and I pointed out how off base it was then. I can do it again here: SVS just drove my bandwagon all day yesterday and was one of my strongest town reads the whole time. Kyle plays a fairly similar game to mine. He was the person I wanted to lynch yesterday. I don't suspect people for disagreeing with me or playing differently. I suspect people when I think their posts reflect a dishonest mindset. Get the hell outta here with that shit.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:52 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:50 pm And do you have a problem with my defense of Scotty?
Both your defense and my attack of Scotty rely on mucho assumptions. I think that those assumptions aside, his in-thread content points more to him being bad. I'd hope that people would read his stuff and my analysis of his stuff and come to the same conclusion.
You don't think he's Strex. You think he killed himself when nutella and Long Con could have killed me or S~V~S (they did end up killing her) or any number of wonderful people on Pikachu.

Your perspective is that despite all that, Long Con and nutella said, "Sure Scotty, go ahead and kill yourself Night 2, burn your first life, show yourself to be an originally evil insanifier from BSG which, at this stage of the game, won't look good for you, and then carry on as you were."

Come on man. That team is a mess. It isn't that big of a mess.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm judging Scotty based on how he has treated me as a player in this game, yeah.

Do you disagree with the notion that mafia prefer to eliminate town power role quickly?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:57 pm
You don't think he's Strex. You think he killed himself when nutella and Long Con could have killed me or S~V~S (they did end up killing her) or any number of wonderful people on Pikachu.

Your perspective is that despite all that, Long Con and nutella said, "Sure Scotty, go ahead and kill yourself Night 2, burn your first life, show yourself to be an originally evil insanifier from BSG which, at this stage of the game, won't look good for you, and then carry on as you were."

I get the feeling that I'm not going to change your mind, and you aren't going to change my mind, despite both of us understanding each other's viewpoints.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:59 pm

I get the feeling that I'm not going to change your mind, and you aren't going to change my mind, despite both of us understanding each other's viewpoints.
Is the red in fact your perspective?
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:58 pm

I'm judging Scotty based on how he has treated me as a player in this game, yeah.

Do you disagree with the notion that mafia prefer to eliminate town power role quickly?
Not necessarily, and not when the ostensible town power role in question seems to townread one of their members.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm

sure man whatever
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 276
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:33 pmWhat do you think of Boomslang, Kyle? Enough about me and you for now
idk dude I've mostly been focused on the pika2 thing recently. boomslang's behavior and treatment of sig(?) irked me early on in cerberus before the merge. I could see him being one of the remaining badboys
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm

sure man whatever
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I defended speedchuck and people didn't listen.

I defended Sloonei and people didn't listen.

I'm defending Scotty and people aren't listening.

What the hell do you people have against men whose names start with the letter S?
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 27

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 9

Post by Boomslang »

Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:39 pm D9:
Boomslang wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 am Obviously, I don't like anyone voting me for joining a train on a reasonable case. Cbob, that means you. Scotty has been supertown this whole game, can't get that mad at him for complaining about my low engagement recently. Trying to get caught up, but also going out of town again this weekend :/
Why should he be judged for joining a train? Also, I’ve been supatowning this whole game. But don’t worry, you avoided both trains yesterday, and I’m suddenly not a supatown at all in your eyes.

Oh, here’s something funny.

Guess who didn’t post at all on N10? :ponder:
Guess who didn’t “show up” to kill someone N10? :ponder:

:haha:

Awful coincidences, don’t you think?
Ok, this is a major stretch. If I were bad, you think that I wouldn't instruct my teammates to send in a kill on a day I knew I wasn't going to be around? Why do I have to be the one to send in the kill? You're making assumptions to fit your narrative and calling them "revelations."
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:10 pm I defended speedchuck and people didn't listen.

I defended Sloonei and people didn't listen.

I'm defending Scotty and people aren't listening.

What the hell do you people have against men whose names start with the letter S?
I'm listening. Scotty is on my Do Not Lynch list.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Game of Champions 2017 - Day 9

Post by Epignosis »

Boomslang wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:11 pm
Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:39 pm D9:
Boomslang wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 11:50 am Obviously, I don't like anyone voting me for joining a train on a reasonable case. Cbob, that means you. Scotty has been supertown this whole game, can't get that mad at him for complaining about my low engagement recently. Trying to get caught up, but also going out of town again this weekend :/
Why should he be judged for joining a train? Also, I’ve been supatowning this whole game. But don’t worry, you avoided both trains yesterday, and I’m suddenly not a supatown at all in your eyes.

Oh, here’s something funny.

Guess who didn’t post at all on N10? :ponder:
Guess who didn’t “show up” to kill someone N10? :ponder:

Awful coincidences, don’t you think?
Ok, this is a major stretch. If I were bad, you think that I wouldn't instruct my teammates to send in a kill on a day I knew I wasn't going to be around? Why do I have to be the one to send in the kill? You're making assumptions to fit your narrative and calling them "revelations."
It's Night 10, hoss.

Your teammates are dead and buried and Kyle.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And oh shit Scotty, get ready for another vote.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epi, who do you think killed sprityo?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Look Scotty I can't save ya if ya be pissin' errbody off
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:14 pm Epi, who do you think killed sprityo?
Kylemii or Spacedaisy.

I said that in one of them big ass posts awolago.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:16 pm
Kylemii or Spacedaisy.

I agree that one of these two is the best option.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:41 pm I'm also going to call attention to the shift in kyle's attitude from yesterday to today. Yesterday he prioritized self-preservation in his vote for me:
Kylemii wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:02 pm voting for [VOTE: sloonei] aubergine for self preservation I guess, and also in the hopes that he's the pika2 killer
Today he is willing to play the sacrificial lamb:
Kylemii wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:10 am i don't mind going first if it's necessary for PiE
the difference is that then my life would have used up two lynches to narrow things down from 4 to 3. Narrowing things down from 2 to 1 is mathematically better and more acceptable. I don't mind dying if it's as a stepping stone to victory.
I also still have unanswered questions about the actual motivation for his vote yesterday. When it came time to place it, he emphasized self-preservation and a vague prayer about my potential badness (yuck). But he also spent some time picking up on one particular talking point about me and framing it negatively. We had a lengthy exchange about this after the day, but I never got a clear sense of whether he was actually suspicious of me at the time of his vote. It seemed to me like he wanted there to be justification for his inevitable sloonei vote, but has been unable to produce any.
If you have new questions then you should ask them, I already answered everything you've questioned.

you act as if there should have never been any reason for you to be considered suspicious. sloonei, my survival and well-being in this game hinged on me ideally finding the pika2 killer and lynching them instead of me. the only tools in my toolbox were my subpar case-making skills and the knowledge that it was probably you or scotty.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:23 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:16 pm
Kylemii or Spacedaisy.

I agree that one of these two is the best option.
Spacedaisy was effective in putting Strex on their asses. My instinct is to reward that.

Kylemii has missed votes, and it's not inconceivable that he's missed kills too.

I'd prioritized Kylemii over Spacedaisy.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii:

Who killed Scotty Night 2?
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 166
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:06 pm
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:01 pm

sure man whatever
DharmaHelper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 pm
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I'm having a hard time buying INH's activity as a scum play. Seems needlessly antagonistic. Maybe it's a ballsy play by a scummer with nothing to lose? Does anybody think INH makes that play? I guess it more or less fits the way he's been playing all game...
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

I think that for now I will [VOTE: kylemii] aubergine.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:06 pmHe denied that Daisy's alignment matterer at all, despite claiming to be profoundly concerned with my treatment of her.
It didn't. Am I missing something? Explain how it did. Why are you still so adamant on this point.
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:45 pm i'm in full-on fuck-it i'm-gonna-probably-be-lynched-but-at-least-i'll-be-hella-smug-when-i'm-right mode
hell yeah
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

insertnamehere wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:54 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:51 pm And since I'm bombarding you with questions, what is your take on Kylemii?
Eh. I feel like the dude's playstyle is at odds with other people's playstyle, and that's causing him a lot of grief. I don't really scumread him, but I'm not gonna really defend him all too much. I find Kyle hard to read, and nothing he's said, or any point made against him is enough to break past my own self-doubt when it comes to him.
what part of my playstyle puts me at odds with others styles
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:39 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:06 pmHe denied that Daisy's alignment matterer at all, despite claiming to be profoundly concerned with my treatment of her.
It didn't. Am I missing something? Explain how it did. Why are you still so adamant on this point.
Because if you're trying to understand why I might be treating a certain player a certain way, there should be some level of consideration into that player's position in the game: what the source of my treatment of them is, how they might be treating me, and also maybe what their alignment is. You seemed to just jump from"Sloonei is acting weird toward Spacedaisy" to "Lynch Sloonei". I suppose it's less to do with the specifics, and more about a perceived lack of critical examination on your part of the merits of the case you were making.

Like I said before, it seemed as if you might just be looking to work your way onto the bandwagon, rather than trying to suss out the best possible vote.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 10:30 pm Kylemii:

I don't actually understand the purpose of this question. I don't think Scotty killed himself and if the theory that mafia can't kill accross borderlines is correct then nut and LC couldn't have touched him either. So Scotty's killer would have had to have been the 3rd original member of the Even Stevens as well as a Cerberus Baby and that's actually as far as that line of reasoning goes. There's better paths to search.

But if Scotty is mafia then the 4th Even Steven is a Cerberus by necessity. Barring cross border kills I guess
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

If cross-tribe kills were a thing then there will have been a lot of wasted time and energy in this game.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:02 pm

I don't actually understand the purpose of this question. I don't think Scotty killed himself and if the theory that mafia can't kill accross borderlines is correct then nut and LC couldn't have touched him either. So Scotty's killer would have had to have been the 3rd original member of the Even Stevens as well as a Cerberus Baby and that's actually as far as that line of reasoning goes. There's better paths to search.

But if Scotty is mafia then the 4th Even Steven is a Cerberus by necessity. Barring cross border kills I guess
"Better paths to search?"

What?

"But if Scotty is mafia then the 4th Even Steven is a Cerberus by necessity. Barring cross border kills I guess"

What?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Boomslang, insertnamehere, Kylemii, Scotty, Sloonei, and Spacedaisy.

One of these right here had to have killed Scotty.

If you are voting Scotty, which one of these names killed Scotty Night 2?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Epignosis wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:07 pm

What?

"But if Scotty is mafia then the 4th Even Steven is a Cerberus by necessity. Barring cross border kills I guess"

What?
it's math, Epignosis.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Kylemii] aubergine
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:19 pm

What?

What?
it's math, Epignosis.
Cerberus member kills Scotty night 1, Scotty becomes Cerberus. Scotty moves to Pikachu and kills sprityo. Original Cerberus member goes wherever and does whatever
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Who is collecting corpses?

Poll runs till Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:56 pmPlease note that if you vote, your vote will be visible.
You may select 1 option

Boomslang
6%

Voters: Scotty

colonialbob
No votes

Voters: None

Dom
No votes

Dragon D Luffy
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

insertnamehere
6%

Voters: Sloonei

Kylemii
24%

Voters: Dragon D. Luffy, colonialbob, Spacedaisy, Epignosis

Quin
No votes

Scotty
18%

Voters: S~V~S, Kylemii, insertnamehere

Sloonei
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

They're sentient and collecting themselves (host/nons)
47%

Voters: M Plus 7, G-Man, nijuukyugou, sprityo, JaggedJimmyJay, LoRab, Golden, Marmot

Total votes: 17
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Just in case that's relevant later.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:22 pm
Kylemii wrote: Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:19 pm

What?

What?
it's math, Epignosis.
Cerberus member kills Scotty night 1, Scotty becomes Cerberus. Scotty moves to Pikachu and kills sprityo. Original Cerberus member goes wherever and does whatever
What in the hell are you going on about?

A Cerberus member killed Scotty Night 2, not NIght 1.

Scotty stayed Cerberus.

He moved to Pikachu along with others in accordance with the first button push.

Who is the original Cerberus member?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Kylemii is on the Evil Evens team. He's a mess.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm having one more beer and then I'm going to bed just in case anybody has anything to say while I'm up.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”