colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 6]

Post by colonialbob »

Stuff about sig:
Spoiler: show
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:16 pm OK you fence sitters- I'ma make a bold statement that I think sig is TOWN.

Tell me why I'm wrong without using previous metas.
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:02 pm I disagree with this sig lynch
Bold proclamation that Sig is town, which is never really followed up with reasoning. Then disagrees with the lynch after it's locked in. Not great, Bob.

Colin interactions (many more so comments inside the tags):
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:11 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Apr 23, 2018 6:00 pm
Scotty's drunk posts make me read him as town, simply because I don't think a scum would try to play drunk. I'll stand corrected if anybody can counter.
Yeah no, even I see the flaw in this logic. I’d live my life regardless and posting drunk should not be a cop out or a way to prop myself up.

-20 points to Griffynpuff
First interaction, not much here. Could be easy distancing, but hard to read it too strongly.
Scotty wrote: Wed Apr 25, 2018 5:13 pm I would say that analyzing day 1 votes with someone like Colin is most helpful if we had a confirmed scum, but what do I know.

Regardless, I don’t view Colin as guilty looking as some people do.
Deflecting from Colin. Not a good look... but it's also pretty similar to my reaction. So... eh?
Scotty wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:07 pm The more I see Colin post, the more guilty he looks lol
This post came with (near as I can tell) an even 5-5 split between Colin and Sloonbeard. Good look... although no vote, so how strong is this opinion really?
Scotty wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:08 pm Ok. Here’s where I stand after that rollercoaster.

[Other reads]

Colin is bad. He’s not bothering to defend against it. He gettin lynched and then we’ll have some juicy interactions to analyze. I’m aleave my vote on Sloonei as a sensible counterwagon but ready for Colin to be lynched.
Easy to say when he's got all the votes.

This is taking a while, so I dont have time to do a full speedchuck interaction, but this stood out pretty starkly to me:
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:57 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:36 pm
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:33 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:44 am There's so much going on here, I'm having trouble getting a read on anyone at this point. But here's where I'm at right now: Dunya feels genuine to me, and as was mentioned before, the fact that she's added so much to the thread gives her a civvie vibe. It would make total sense for Persians to lead a lynch against Dunya on day one. To them, she's a threat, and getting her out of the game early gives them an advantage.

With that said, I'm still hesitant to place a vote right now. I'll check back in later.
Why are you hesitant?
I'm hesitant because I don't want to lynch a civilian on day one. I want my vote to count, and go towards the right person.
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:33 pm
Lunalee wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:39 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:08 am Statistically speaking, we’re likely to catch a baddie by lynching Speedchuck.
That's not how statistics work. His chances of being scum in this game are the same as everyone else's. It is not dependent on previous games. I'm sure you realize that, but just clarifying for anyone who might think this is a good argument. :)
You have thus far defended dunya and subtly defended Speedchuck, while I guess shining on a light of suspicion on those that would have led a lynch on dunya without naming any names.
If I hadn’t offered the olive branch on people I haven’t played with before, you would be getting my vote rIght now
[/quote]
I appreciate you olive branch Scotty, I may have to return the generous favor. :D I defended Dunya because I feel she's being genuine. I guess I'm better at defending than incriminating, I may have to work on my playstyle here.

I did not defend Speedchuck, I'm just really passionate about the misuse of statistics. If further evidence shows speedchuck may be scum, I will happily help lynch him (sorry @speedchuck , still love you).
[/quote]
I like your spoilers. Sometimes the quote mechanism is a bit screwy in this forum, but I like the de clutter.

Ok so when you say “return the favor” on the olive branch, are you just saying that because you suspect me? I think you should go for it if so, otherwise no need. I’m a strong boy (or so my momma says) and I can take it

And yes, you did defend Speedchuck by latching on to jack’s ‘statistically speaking’ comment. You are technically correct, but before he explains his motivation behind it, you made a conscious decision to respond to that opinion, attempting to set the record straight for speed. That may very well be your playstyle to correct statistical misanalysis, but to not see that as a subtle form of defense is suspect too.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]
"Subtly defending"? First of all, that's a pretty weak accusation. Jack was being facetious but it's a clear gamblers fallacy; big reach to say calling that out is anything but calling out logic.

Secondly, why would you jump to defending? Speed wasn't under real pressure, and this was Scotty's first mention of him. Smells like setting up a future case if speed gets lynched... especially after Scotty goes after speed repeatedly to then vote luna.

Overall: not good, but not damning. IMO the Luna comment is the biggest negative point.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sigh.
wolbre04
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 345

Post by wolbre04 »

colonialbob wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 11:59 pmSigh.
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 432
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

colonialbob wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 10:29 pm Doing ISOs on a phone suuuuucks.
We share a similar ionic bond, you and I

And it begins with [/spoiler][/quote] and ends with ‘fucking why’
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

[mention]colonialbob[/mention] to respond to a few points:

I’m no pariah but I just felt very strongly that sig was town. I have no other explanation, and I guess it does look shifty as shit in hindsight, but I felt like making a bold statement and was pissed that it turned out right.

Now if only I could make a bold statement about someone being bad early on to collect alimony checks, that would be great.

As for Luna, I stand by what I saw. It was a day 1 read and it popped out at me as strange that she chose to respond with statistics in the game when she had less than 10 posts at the time. I took it as a slight defense, yes.

I jumped to defending because I found speed’s initial “GTH” limits fishy, and I was grilling him on it. That no one really picked up on it.
I then dropped it because I remember a few people came to his defense, like jack (who has now admitted was doing so as a ruse to rile me up)

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

I like your detective work. Keep it up! Can’t wait to hear who’s next on your docket after you’re done with me

colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:27 am I jumped to defending because I found speed’s initial “GTH” limits fishy, and I was grilling him on it. That no one really picked up on it.
I then dropped it because I remember a few people came to his defense, like jack (who has now admitted was doing so as a ruse to rile me up)
*tweet tweet* flag

"Subtly defending" was your very first mention of speed, and came before his GTH list
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

More Scotty & speedchuck:
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:06 pm speedchuck you made a read list yesterday with town reads, and about 5 other various pings you had on people, with the promise that you would sus people out by tomorrow (today). The rest of your posts since have been condemnations on Epi’s meta being different, picking apart some of his flighty voting patterns and parking your vote on him, though he wasn’t a player highlighted on your ping list yesterday. What happened to those pings?

Or was that just a semblance of appearing town for a bit while flying under the radar hmm?
Second mention of speed, inviting him to give reads. Compatible with being teammates or with Town Scotty.
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:00 pm speedchuck why pick out a defined number of scum? That sounds like the opposite of what a GTH read list is supposed to be: spontaneous
Early criticism of speed - doesn't follow up
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:48 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:48 pm Speedchuck prolly bad tho.

Just sayin.
You’re probably right. I just haven’t put together the pieces yet
N3, then no mention of speed for a few days. He then jumps straight into speedchuck teammate analysis... without ever voting for speedchuck.

Calls out nova:
Scotty wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:03 pm I just took a gander of speed’s posts in regards to nova:
Day 1:
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:00 am
sig wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 am [VOTE: nova ] aubergine the case on them is uninspiring and honestly i can't tell their alignment, but I'd rather we not lynch epi or dunya and novq has from my memory coasted through entire games as mafia on NF.
You don't have to 'settle' yet. We have 9 hours to find another road to go down.
“Dont settle on nova, sig”
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 am
sig wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:02 am
sig wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:58 am [VOTE: nova ] aubergine the case on them is uninspiring and honestly i can't tell their alignment, but I'd rather we not lynch epi or dunya and novq has from my memory coasted through entire games as mafia on NF.
You don't have to 'settle' yet. We have 9 hours to find another road to go down.
My activity is going to probably be non-existent today so I'm in a bit of a rush to get my vote somewhere that I'm comfortable with.

Though i still find dom and to a lesser extent mp suspicious.
I read over Nova's posts and have zero reason to be comfy with a nova vote.
“There is ABSOLUTELY no reason for me to vote nova.” That’s a strong stance.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:49 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:47 pm I'm going to pick 7 scum out of our playerlist. Gun to head. One for each scum and one for the 3P potential scums. That's an arbitrary number, I know.

Choutas - SCUM
ColinIsCool - SCUM
Dom - TOWN
dunya - TOWN
Epignosis - SCUM
Golden - TOWN
Jackofhearts2005 - TOWN
Kites - TOWN
Kylemii - SCUM
lapluie - SCUM
Long Con - TOWN
Lunalee - TOWN
M Plus 7 - TOWN
MacDougall - TOWN
Marmot - SCUM
novaselinenever - TOWN
Scotty - TOWN
sig - TOWN
Sloonei - TOWN
Spacedaisy - SCUM
speedchuck - TOWN
Turnip Head - SCUM
wolbre04 - TOWN

This is hard when we have so many low posters and so many high posters and not so many in-betweens.
Which names surprised you or gave you the most pause on this list?
Nova. I was considering moving my vote to him from Epi, but no. I hold firm. I'm not certain on Epi, but I suspect him more than Nova. I don't have a reason to vote Nova.

Spacedaisy. I hadn't realized she was in the game. I POE'd it to her.

Kylemii. Gave me a lot of pause, but that good feeling I got from his first few posts is gone. He's skating.
“Nova was my biggest surprise. I was considering moving my vote to him from Epi. But I don’t have a reason to vote nova”

Okay. WHAT??! He went from absolutely no reason to vote him to being surprised the most out of anyone on the list that he thinks is town to thinking of voting him but not because there is no reason to vote him.

That’s like finding the hypotenuse of a right triangle as an imaginary number because no reason.

Speedchuck was outright protecting nova D1. They are teammates
Calls out me:
Scotty wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:12 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:10 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:03 am I would gander that if nova is bad, cbob looks bad
If speed is bad, nova looks bad.
Therefore, if speed is bad, cbob looks bad
Feels a little like putting the cart before the horse, though? Like yeah I don't look great if nova is bad, and nova doesn't look good if Chuck is bad, but why skip over the intervening step? What's the point?
I’m not. I think you should be 3rd option right now. The other two look far more sus than tou
And then there's this beauty:
Scotty wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:08 pm
dunya wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:34 am
Scotty wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:22 am Nova pushed pretty hard on Colin n1. I feel better about him, meaning I feel correspondingly worse about Mr 2 Hotty.
You’re leaving out the crucial part of my whole case: he then actively pursues other avenues and reads on D2 and only mentions Colin towards the EoD when there was no hope for survival. I would have expected someone that “pushed pretty hard” to continue to push for D2.

Look it up, there’s nothing there.
But why would nova have pushed on Colin at all is the question? Colin had one of the best scum roles (subjectively better than speed's even). With speed claiming burn out, if nova wanted to throw shade at someone, I imagine speed would have been the best target, esp since his role gets passed down to Colin anyway.

I just don't see it because there was only suspicion from Golden at that point, and he amplified it quite a lot. I know bussing exists, but bussing someone with 5 shots, and pretty good night actions, seems really fucking dumb.
Here’s the problem with this though:

1) Colin was a target for nova because Colin looked objectively fishy for his off wagon vote at EoD. He was already being called out by several people before nova addressed him. So by default, that little nugget is already out in the open to dissect. Even a teammate would want to bring attention to that for credit down the line.

2) Speed claimed burnout on Day 5. Who knows how recent that was, or even how reputable that is.

3) Speed was pretty clean on D1. What shade would be thrown at him anyway that was believeable?

4) Nova had just been in a strong lynch candidate and needed to kick it into high gear, so he started getting dirty. Sorta.

5) Last but not least, nova may have voted Colin in the end, but he never pushed for colin’s lynch on D2. They only had that back and forth. I’ve talked ad infinitum about this already.
Pay special attention to points 3 and 5.

3 is a weird thing to say for somebody who had thrown shade at speedchuck d1, isn't it? 5 is rather pot / kettle from somebody who called Colin out n1 then didn't really push or vote him.
The one thing that gives me pause about this is the bussability of speed. Given his role, I would expect teammates to jump on the wagon decently early. Scotty never jumps the wagon, but also does consistently discuss speed as bad. Best of both worlds?

One thing I'm taking away from this (mostly from posts I haven't reproduced here) is that nova/Scotty are not w/w but there's a solid chance one of them is a persian.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Phew that took forever. I can't promise I'll do the post by post thing for future deep dives but I will keep looking into folks.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 666

Post by dunya »

I have no idea how you guys ISO on your phones. that is literally impossible for me.

I'm at work but will catch up later. I wanted to do an ISO of scotty before EOD but I'll use cbob's and expand on that where I see necessary. thanks cbob :p
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 670
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Scotty wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 1:27 am @colonialbob to respond to a few points:

I’m no pariah but I just felt very strongly that sig was town. I have no other explanation, and I guess it does look shifty as shit in hindsight, but I felt like making a bold statement and was pissed that it turned out right.

Now if only I could make a bold statement about someone being bad early on to collect alimony checks, that would be great.

As for Luna, I stand by what I saw. It was a day 1 read and it popped out at me as strange that she chose to respond with statistics in the game when she had less than 10 posts at the time. I took it as a slight defense, yes.

I jumped to defending because I found speed’s initial “GTH” limits fishy, and I was grilling him on it. That no one really picked up on it.
I previously clarified that was a real defense. At the time, I didn’t think it was scum indicative. Now, I’m not sure.

When I said I was bussing Speedchuck, those were the posts I was messing with you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

But also I really wanted Speed dead and wanted the “Jack and Speed are both bad” players to get on board or go on record.

Both did the later. (Just one piece of the puzzle of course.)
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

colonialbob wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:00 am Phew that took forever. I can't promise I'll do the post by post thing for future deep dives but I will keep looking into folks.
I agree with your conclusion.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 462
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I could vote for either poll option tbh

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 620
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Does anyone have thoughts on sloonei or nah...
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:20 am Does anyone have thoughts on sloonei or nah...
I had mentioned this earlier, but I don't think he is mafia. He's more likely 3p or town
ImageImageImage
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

2 mafia left, let's do some GTH and everyone list off who they think is scum
Scotty
Marmot
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:20 am Does anyone have thoughts on sloonei or nah...
I think he should get in here and help.

Are we even allowed to play gth? We’re not allowed to do rainbow lists.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

wolbre04 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:30 am 2 mafia left, let's do some GTH and everyone list off who they think is scum
Scotty
Marmot
scum
scum

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Day 2]

novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:37 pm All right, I'm finally caught up. It's been a long day. I'm liking the two current leading wagons. A lot.
[mention]Marmot[/mention]

What were the leading wagons at this point?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:53 am
novaselinenever wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:37 pm All right, I'm finally caught up. It's been a long day. I'm liking the two current leading wagons. A lot.
@Marmot

What were the leading wagons at this point?
I'm not Marmot, but I know it was Colin and Sloonei iirc.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

what are your thoughts on him? i didn't take your post yesterday seriously. should I have?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

wolbre04 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:30 am 2 mafia left, let's do some GTH and everyone list off who they think is scum
Scotty
Marmot
yea I don't think GTH is allowed if Jay banned rainbow lists. they're siblings.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

NOVA ISO

So Nova is all over Sig Day 1 and all over Colin N1. Like pretty exclusively.

Then he kinda backs off on Colin because Sloonei has clearer teammates and there is more resistance to the Sloonei lynch. See below.
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:26 am
wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:13 am
Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:08 am
wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:03 am
Golden wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:02 am
wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:59 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:57 am

It was really aggressive. He accused me of not wanting to bother analyze posts and I don't know where he's getting that from. I don't see a reason against Wolbre explaining his thoughts and giving the analysis of Sloonei's posts that lead him to believe that. It's standard procedure.
There's really no reason for me to explain anything further beyond "Sloonei isn't pure mafia. He might be 3p aligned mafia or regular town" at the moment. Night actions told me so and I'm confident in myself
You need to read those rules.
It's obvious in the thread based on who died imo and who is trading
OK sorry it just looked like you were infodumping but you should make sure you don't do anything that looks like it might be infodumping too.

Glad it wasn't but in any event I've slowly been leaning towards a Colin vote and it might be where I end up. We'll see.
Sorry about that, I was trying to say that based on the stuff leading up to epi's death and this day, I don't think Sloonei would be a worthwhile lynch, but that's just me. I'm far less experienced than 99% of you so it's probably better to just listen to someone else
All right, so here's where we disagree. I think that his lynch is very worthwhile and I found some of his interactions and the also the lack of them with certain players, very interesting. I think he has more scum team compatibility than Colin and thus his flip gives a lot of info.

I also sense a certain resistance to his lynch even though most agree with Mac's case on him. The same can't be said for Colin's lynch. For example Scotty didn't see much of a case against Colin and all of a sudden he sees Colin guilty with each post. Mac who made the case against Sloonei is also voting Colin. You defending him.

Experience can be overrated sometimes. It shouldn't stop anyone from listening to you if your arguments are sound.

I still haven't decided between the two but leaning Sloonei now.
I think this post is further evidence that Nova and Scotty are not w/w.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I know we’ve covered this already but w/e
wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:57 am
Scotty
Marmot
Rip
I did know rainbow lists and saying who ur voting was banned
I totally knew GTH wasn't allowed
ImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:25 pm Finally caught up. I'm still good with the Colin's lynch. He hasn't done anything to really defend himself and all of his posts are bad, real bad. In my interaction with him, I didn't like his explanation to the Luna vote and I'll be looking at her when he flips scum.

Something I find interesting is how this wagon grew exponentially in the last few hours. I know he didn't defend himself but I still feel uneasy with all the votes he's getting when it was a tied lynch earlier.

[VOTE: Colin] aubergine
This is Nova’s next post about Colin.

So to recap

D1 - Nothing
N1 - All over Colin
D1 - Comes in and says he likes Colin or Sloonei. Then says he sees Sloonei as being a little more likely scum without saying anything makes him think Colin might be town that comes from Colin. Then (when the lynch was determined?) he goes for Colin and says all of Colin’s posts are bad, which matches both his N1 attack on Colin and his D2 enthusiasm/hesitation.

I don’t have a problem with this.

Suppose Nova is town and Scotty is bad. Tying Speed (who Scotty knows is bad) to Nova and Bob and Luna (who he knows are town) makes a lot of sense.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Re: Ancient Greece Mafia [Night 1]

Post by dunya »

wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:56 am
wolbre04 wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:55 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:37 am dunya
Dom
novaselinenever
Scotty
Marmot
Turnip Head

M Plus 7
Golden
Choutas

speedchuck
Kylemii
Jackofhearts2005
quin
Spacedaisy

wolbre04
Lunalee
colonialbob

Long Con
Sloonei
ColinIsCool

Just for you Nova.

The highlights.

I am confident that was a townslip by dunya.
Marmot doesn't kill Epi night one.
Scotty is consistently saying things that make sense to me.
I like Nova's effort.
Turnip Head dropped a bit because I have concerns about his effort.
Golden is mixing me up with the fact that we share lots of opinions but he is just persistently pinging me
MP7 gets less pingy the more sustained his presence is. Every time he disappears and reappears he goes through another cycle of pinging me.
I just gut read Choutas as town. His posts seem genuine.
Very null on those speedchuck through spacedaisy. Bet your ass there are scum laying low in there, especially since every single one of them can do way better than they are. Coasters.
wolbre would be lower but I am using discretion based on him being new to presume I am pinged by him for that reason.
Lunalee is a ping machine.
Colonialbob has pinged me since he entered the game.
Colin drops below Sloonei because I think it's possible Wolbre infoslipped on him. Long Con is above them because of the three he has had the most scum hunting effort shown and I kinda liked his back and forth with Dom.
Are you implying that I outed him as a teammate? I'm not sure what you're trying to say aside from the surface of Sloon I can provide
Asking because I've flopped like a fish down this list and I'm curious as to whether my statements about Sloonei lead to this (I'm not saying Sloonei is someone to ignore, I have reason to believe he is not mafia currently, but could potentially align with them if he's an indie)
tmi. also what does the underlined portion even mean?

i'm also curious wolbre, what's up with Marmot? I'm curious about your selection of Marmot/Scotty to get GTH reads on them from people. you applied mild day 2 pressure on him based on his rationale for voting for sig, when you were also going after nova for similar reasons. so what else is new there? a quick skim through your entire iso doesn't show me anywhere else you've shown any suspicion towards Marmot, though there's been a lot of interaction between you two on other things.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

oh sorry, I got it now. you're talking about sloonei there. i got confused, I thought you were saying you could align with someone?!?? :p

but still, tmi part.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

wolbre04 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:03 am
Scotty
Marmot
Rip
hahahah your typos along with Scotty's are always guaranteed to get me giggling.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 10:56 am
what are your thoughts on him? i didn't take your post yesterday seriously. should I have?
Half and half. I think it's worth asking why he's stressed inside such a fun game. I feel like he's phoning it in and it's clouding my read.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Nova only seems to come around to defend himself or is that not giving him enough credit? We sort of all stopped talking about him, so idk what that means
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Nova paid a ton of attention to Colin and like no attention to Speed but voted for both of them in the end.

Doesn’t read like planned bussing and defending cause he voted on both. Doesn’t feel like general meta tendencies of a baddie cause he treated them so differently.

Nova’s pushes on townies have been Sig, who is infamous for being scummy as a townie and Daisy, who has only ever been bad when playing with Nova. Both reads are understandable and look natural to me.

I don’t think Nova is bad.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:09 am
Half and half. I think it's worth asking why he's stressed inside such a fun game. I feel like he's phoning it in and it's clouding my read.
I've known Sloonei since 2010 and he's never lied about personal life issues. I know what kind of personality he has and I know he's under a lot of stress at his job. I've been on scum teams with him before, and he's never made bullshit excuses in the game, even when under pressure (which he wasn't here...I just asked him to offer some reads since I saw him online). so if your only suspicion is that he's lying with his "I'm stressed" post, then I don't really buy that.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:04 am
novaselinenever wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:25 pm Finally caught up. I'm still good with the Colin's lynch. He hasn't done anything to really defend himself and all of his posts are bad, real bad. In my interaction with him, I didn't like his explanation to the Luna vote and I'll be looking at her when he flips scum.

Something I find interesting is how this wagon grew exponentially in the last few hours. I know he didn't defend himself but I still feel uneasy with all the votes he's getting when it was a tied lynch earlier.

So to recap

D1 - Nothing
N1 - All over Colin
D1 - Comes in and says he likes Colin or Sloonei. Then says he sees Sloonei as being a little more likely scum without saying anything makes him think Colin might be town that comes from Colin. Then (when the lynch was determined?) he goes for Colin and says all of Colin’s posts are bad, which matches both his N1 attack on Colin and his D2 enthusiasm/hesitation.

Suppose Nova is town and Scotty is bad. Tying Speed (who Scotty knows is bad) to Nova and Bob and Luna (who he knows are town) makes a lot of sense.
"I'll be looking at her when he flips scum"

I think Nova ovetplayed his hand with that line. I hadn't analyzed this post ftom Nova earlier... the wording and tone feel persian tbh
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

tbf, everyone looked at Luna after Colin flipped scum. I mean, it's standard procedure--was it distancing or framing--we had to look into it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:15 am
I've known Sloonei since 2010 and he's never lied about personal life issues. I know what kind of personality he has and I know he's under a lot of stress at his job. I've been on scum teams with him before, and he's never made bullshit excuses in the game, even when under pressure (which he wasn't here...I just asked him to offer some reads since I saw him online). so if your only suspicion is that he's lying with his "I'm stressed" post, then I don't really buy that.
I didn't really say he was lying... I'm simply accusing him of possibly using it as an excuse for randomly receiving a more stressful role in an online game :shrug2:

I mean it happens. The number of times I've lost because a baddie used RL to sneakily sneak under the radar...
I'm just saying
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

dunya wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:19 am tbf, everyone looked at Luna after Colin flipped scum. I mean, it's standard procedure--was it distancing or framing--we had to look into it.
Oh... i didnt know we were supposed to do that lulz

Anyways
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

are you saying Sloonei is flying under the radar this game?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei is a good egg.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Life is what’s stressful, not this game. I don’t feel like playing when I have so little free time and even less energy. I’m trying to make appearances but recentky that’s like a max of two hours at a time. As a result, yeah I kind of am phoning it in.

I have 300+ posts though. If any of them strike you as suspicious, say so.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

colonialbob wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 7:50 am More Scotty & speedchuck:
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:06 pm speedchuck you made a read list yesterday with town reads, and about 5 other various pings you had on people, with the promise that you would sus people out by tomorrow (today). The rest of your posts since have been condemnations on Epi’s meta being different, picking apart some of his flighty voting patterns and parking your vote on him, though he wasn’t a player highlighted on your ping list yesterday. What happened to those pings?

Or was that just a semblance of appearing town for a bit while flying under the radar hmm?
Second mention of speed, inviting him to give reads. Compatible with being teammates or with Town Scotty.
Scotty wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:00 pm speedchuck why pick out a defined number of scum? That sounds like the opposite of what a GTH read list is supposed to be: spontaneous
Early criticism of speed - doesn't follow up
Scotty wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:48 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:48 pm Speedchuck prolly bad tho.

Just sayin.
You’re probably right. I just haven’t put together the pieces yet
N3, then no mention of speed for a few days. He then jumps straight into speedchuck teammate analysis... without ever voting for speedchuck.

Calls out nova:
Scotty wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:03 pm I just took a gander of speed’s posts in regards to nova:
Day 1:
“Dont settle on nova, sig”
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:07 am
sig wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:02 am
My activity is going to probably be non-existent today so I'm in a bit of a rush to get my vote somewhere that I'm comfortable with.

Though i still find dom and to a lesser extent mp suspicious.
I read over Nova's posts and have zero reason to be comfy with a nova vote.
“There is ABSOLUTELY no reason for me to vote nova.” That’s a strong stance.
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:55 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:49 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:47 pm I'm going to pick 7 scum out of our playerlist. Gun to head. One for each scum and one for the 3P potential scums. That's an arbitrary number, I know.

Choutas - SCUM
ColinIsCool - SCUM
Dom - TOWN
dunya - TOWN
Epignosis - SCUM
Golden - TOWN
Jackofhearts2005 - TOWN
Kites - TOWN
Kylemii - SCUM
lapluie - SCUM
Long Con - TOWN
Lunalee - TOWN
M Plus 7 - TOWN
MacDougall - TOWN
Marmot - SCUM
novaselinenever - TOWN
Scotty - TOWN
sig - TOWN
Sloonei - TOWN
Spacedaisy - SCUM
speedchuck - TOWN
Turnip Head - SCUM
wolbre04 - TOWN

This is hard when we have so many low posters and so many high posters and not so many in-betweens.
Which names surprised you or gave you the most pause on this list?
Nova. I was considering moving my vote to him from Epi, but no. I hold firm. I'm not certain on Epi, but I suspect him more than Nova. I don't have a reason to vote Nova.

Spacedaisy. I hadn't realized she was in the game. I POE'd it to her.

Kylemii. Gave me a lot of pause, but that good feeling I got from his first few posts is gone. He's skating.
“Nova was my biggest surprise. I was considering moving my vote to him from Epi. But I don’t have a reason to vote nova”

Okay. WHAT??! He went from absolutely no reason to vote him to being surprised the most out of anyone on the list that he thinks is town to thinking of voting him but not because there is no reason to vote him.

That’s like finding the hypotenuse of a right triangle as an imaginary number because no reason.

Speedchuck was outright protecting nova D1. They are teammates
Calls out me:
Scotty wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:12 pm
colonialbob wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 2:10 pm
Scotty wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 11:03 am I would gander that if nova is bad, cbob looks bad
If speed is bad, nova looks bad.
Therefore, if speed is bad, cbob looks bad
Feels a little like putting the cart before the horse, though? Like yeah I don't look great if nova is bad, and nova doesn't look good if Chuck is bad, but why skip over the intervening step? What's the point?
I’m not. I think you should be 3rd option right now. The other two look far more sus than tou
And then there's this beauty:
Scotty wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 11:08 pm
dunya wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:34 am
Scotty wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 9:30 am
colonialbob wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 7:22 am Nova pushed pretty hard on Colin n1. I feel better about him, meaning I feel correspondingly worse about Mr 2 Hotty.
You’re leaving out the crucial part of my whole case: he then actively pursues other avenues and reads on D2 and only mentions Colin towards the EoD when there was no hope for survival. I would have expected someone that “pushed pretty hard” to continue to push for D2.

Look it up, there’s nothing there.
But why would nova have pushed on Colin at all is the question? Colin had one of the best scum roles (subjectively better than speed's even). With speed claiming burn out, if nova wanted to throw shade at someone, I imagine speed would have been the best target, esp since his role gets passed down to Colin anyway.

I just don't see it because there was only suspicion from Golden at that point, and he amplified it quite a lot. I know bussing exists, but bussing someone with 5 shots, and pretty good night actions, seems really fucking dumb.
Here’s the problem with this though:

1) Colin was a target for nova because Colin looked objectively fishy for his off wagon vote at EoD. He was already being called out by several people before nova addressed him. So by default, that little nugget is already out in the open to dissect. Even a teammate would want to bring attention to that for credit down the line.

2) Speed claimed burnout on Day 5. Who knows how recent that was, or even how reputable that is.

3) Speed was pretty clean on D1. What shade would be thrown at him anyway that was believeable?

4) Nova had just been in a strong lynch candidate and needed to kick it into high gear, so he started getting dirty. Sorta.

5) Last but not least, nova may have voted Colin in the end, but he never pushed for colin’s lynch on D2. They only had that back and forth. I’ve talked ad infinitum about this already.
Pay special attention to points 3 and 5.

3 is a weird thing to say for somebody who had thrown shade at speedchuck d1, isn't it? 5 is rather pot / kettle from somebody who called Colin out n1 then didn't really push or vote him.
The one thing that gives me pause about this is the bussability of speed. Given his role, I would expect teammates to jump on the wagon decently early. Scotty never jumps the wagon, but also does consistently discuss speed as bad. Best of both worlds?

One thing I'm taking away from this (mostly from posts I haven't reproduced here) is that nova/Scotty are not w/w but there's a solid chance one of them is a persian.
I agree with this assessment

wolbre04
Drug Dealer

Post by wolbre04 »

dunya wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:07 am
wolbre04 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:03 am
Scotty
Marmot
Rip
hahahah your typos along with Scotty's are always guaranteed to get me giggling.
What typo lol
Tbh it's my autocorrect that changes stuff like Sloonei to Soupy and Choutas to Coitus
ImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:10 am Nova only seems to come around to defend himself or is that not giving him enough credit? We sort of all stopped talking about him, so idk what that means
Didn’t someone say at one point that when he drops off the face of the earth, it’s alignment indicative?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:04 am

So to recap

D1 - Nothing
N1 - All over Colin

I like how you’re currently painting nova in as nice a light as you can. It’s a very pretty light. Very warm.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Marmot wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 11:35 am Sloonei is a good egg.
An egg that hasn’t become spoiled is how I see his egg

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

See, now is the phase where I wish I could post freely my reads.

Because it seems so much clearer to me at this point and I wanna make sure I’m on the same page as people.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 548
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Are people still saying i’m indie? That’s, like, ancient history.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 12:08 pm Are people still saying i’m indie? That’s, like, ancient history.
yeah, I guess some of the indies have picked a side at this point. :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

colonialbob wrote: Wed May 09, 2018 8:00 am Phew that took forever. I can't promise I'll do the post by post thing for future deep dives but I will keep looking into folks.
I appreciate you because I know how annoying it is.

This site could use an easier multi quote system for phone posters.

Also ever since google images changed their policy on file extensions, i feel i’m Odysseus traversing through hurricanes to find a file I can link to on this site. It blows big ole donkey dick but sometimes the images needed to be seen!!

Return to “Previous Jobs”