U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Game Over

Moderator: Community Team

Should U-Pick be an annual special game?

Yes
89%
I suck at life
11%

Total votes: 18
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: U-Pick Mafia Vol 1 - Night 4

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 12:14 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:31 am I count 14 town-leans to 6 scum-leans in there juliets. Doesn’t seem ALL that mixed to me.
Tbf I count mafia pings mote strongly than civ pings, because mafia is trying to seem civ, but civs aren't (generally) trying to seem like mafia.
Good point.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 466
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 am
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:52 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:38 am I don’t want to exactly say why but I kind of think Sloonei is town.
Does this have anything to do with me, turbup? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm maybe working an angle here :shifty:
Nope
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:09 pm
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:57 am
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 11:52 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 10:38 am I don’t want to exactly say why but I kind of think Sloonei is town.
Does this have anything to do with me, turbup? You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but I'm maybe working an angle here :shifty:
Nope
:meany:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Colin and Sloonei are baaaaaaad boyyyyyuz
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Colin continued:

26. Day 4 drunk votes TH for his Elo read and general inability to recall town behavior, slight town

27. Says he will strongly consider a policy lynch of an inactive, slight scum ?

28. Asks to have a case built on him

29. Votes zeph, slight town

30. Says he wants to dig into scum ISOs that night but doesn't do it, says he's lazy, slight scum read

31. Zeph says he's scum so Colin's probably not ISIS

32. Votes for Charlie's case on lap, slight scum

33. Says he has an ok feeling about TH getting lynched, says he distanced and is compatible with an Elo teammate, slight town

34. Asks why Kyle and I waited a phase to report on capture, did he want us to post at night and risk nk? very slight scum

35. Points out to me that he changed from a Zeph vote to a lap, correcting the record, slight town.

36. Responds to accusation that he's not engaged by saying he really hasn't been these last few days but wants to get back in it, town points

37. Corrects me that his Dancing in the Dark group were the ones he couldn't read, not his mafia picks, slight town

38. GTH thoughts - has sig, dunya, sloonei as as vaguely seems scum, scum read, but wait he later says he see's Sloonei as town

39. GTH - Has LC as vaguely seems scum, town read

Ok, so I can say that I don't see myself voting Colin today but I need to ponder what I found in his posts. I think I will also go back and find dunya's case on him and read it. Any thoughts from anyone?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:49 pm Colin and Sloonei are baaaaaaad boyyyyyuz
I really don't see Sloonei as bad.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 517

Post by ColinIsCool »

I think Colin is good. I know what Sloonei’s role is and while it could be a scum utility, it’d be a weird one.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:56 pm
Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 1:49 pm Colin and Sloonei are baaaaaaad boyyyyyuz
I really don't see Sloonei as bad.
That's okay juliets, I'm okay with the fact that we seem to have different reads here. Hopefully we can still make a good choice.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

So the forum gives me a notification and for a moment of horror I think it's people asking me for reads.

Nah, it's just Luna thanking for a happy birthday post.

Phew.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

With that said Sloonei's "playstyle" has irked me for some time so I'm okay with breaking him just to see what's inside.

[VOTE: Sloonei] aubergine
colonialbob
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 394
Preferred Pronouns: He/his/him

Post by colonialbob »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:17 pm So the forum gives me a notification and for a moment of horror I think it's people asking me for reads.

Nah, it's just Luna thanking for a happy birthday post.

Phew.
Reads pls
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Eloh mostly interacted with nutella, dunya, and Colin, but she did try to throw heat on Kyle. More indication he's not ISIS. No real conclusions from the other interactions.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

So Sloonei and Luna seem the most likely for ISIS after looking at their teammates.

Now on to nova.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 12:00 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:46 pm
novaselinenever wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 11:40 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:57 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm What do you have to say about Golden, Jimbo?
Very little. I had some mild suspicion of him stemming from his interaction with Colin.
What exactly in his interaction with Colin piqued your scumdar?

Also, what do you make of Colin from the same interaction?
I felt their argument was more semantic than substantive, and Golden's accusations that Colin was misrepresenting him fell flat with me.

I have no issue with Colin to this point.

What are your own reads on both?
Overall, I like both of them so far. Golden more than Coling, though. Townies that are calling out what they see and aren't scared of being wrong. I don't enjoy much the mechanical aspect of solving the game since it's very NAI for me, but they seem to be taking it to heart.

One thing about Colin, though. I'm not following Colin's attempt to enter the interaction between Dunya and Golden. I didn't like that and it felt out of place. It was also as non-committal as it can be, because he admitted not having followed it entirely. So he didn't know the origin of their disagreement and thus whole conversation.

Golden narrative that about Dunya trying to control the flow of the game, and not letting other vocal townies lead, rubbed me wrong tbh tbf. I didn't get that from her posts and he might have been doing what he accused her of.

What about Dunya?
This exchange leans away from Colin/nova team, as nova subtly throws sus on Colin. Could be distancing but it's pretty subtle for that IMO.

Also a defense of dunya.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Whoops premature posting

I swear this never happens to me
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

novaselinenever wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:09 am
motel room wrote: Fri May 18, 2018 5:00 am Im with the missus now, gonna be social. Comradebob is my pick for quiet scum thus far.
What about him? You've been quiet yourself.
Feels like this could be teammate interaction, drawing motel into the game and letting him throw down an opinion on a civ (me).

That's all really. Some back and forth with dunya, but cant really find anything that pings me one way or the other in it.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

colonialbob wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:47 pm
Quin wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:54 pm What do you have to say about Golden, Jimbo?
Very little. I had some mild suspicion of him stemming from his interaction with Colin.

I felt their argument was more semantic than substantive, and Golden's accusations that Colin was misrepresenting him fell flat with me.

Overall, I like both of them so far. Golden more than Coling, though. Townies that are calling out what they see and aren't scared of being wrong. I don't enjoy much the mechanical aspect of solving the game since it's very NAI for me, but they seem to be taking it to heart.

One thing about Colin, though. I'm not following Colin's attempt to enter the interaction between Dunya and Golden. I didn't like that and it felt out of place. It was also as non-committal as it can be, because he admitted not having followed it entirely. So he didn't know the origin of their disagreement and thus whole conversation.

Golden narrative that about Dunya trying to control the flow of the game, and not letting other vocal townies lead, rubbed me wrong tbh tbf. I didn't get that from her posts and he might have been doing what he accused her of.

What about Dunya?
This exchange leans away from Colin/nova team, as nova subtly throws sus on Colin. Could be distancing but it's pretty subtle for that IMO.

Also a defense of dunya.
Funny I just read nova myself looking for interactions. I agree this leans away from a Colin/nova team.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 177

Post by MacDougall »

High likelihood of me being real late with the lynch post k?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

At this point I'm left to wonder about iNH, kites and motel room. Obviously it's tough for any of us to have substantial opinions about them, should we do anything about it? I'm not like a policy lynch guy, but I don't see us coming to a consensus on anyone else atm
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Hey [mention]MacDougall[/mention] you didn't answer the last question I asked in PM
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

colonialbob wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 3:47 pm

What about Dunya?

Also a defense of dunya.
I already did a full dig on nova interactions and found the same conclusions. A few minutes afterwards Speed revealed he had info that proved dunya to be town.

But yeah Colin is probably not teammates unless nova did some really good moves here.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Turnip Head wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:08 pm At this point I'm left to wonder about iNH, kites and motel room. Obviously it's tough for any of us to have substantial opinions about them, should we do anything about it? I'm not like a policy lynch guy, but I don't see us coming to a consensus on anyone else atm
Any chance they are getting modkilled?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Hmm seems like all of them may be if they don't post today

[mention]Kites[/mention]
[mention]motel room[/mention]
[mention]insertnamehere[/mention]

Come and play.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Cool, glad people agree with me, even if nobody has really read my post about Scotty ;)

@Turbup I'm leaning motel from those 3.
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

[VOTE: sloonei] aubergine
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

colonialbob wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:36 pm Cool, glad people agree with me, even if nobody has really read my post about Scotty ;)

I read everything bobbo. But I only process about half of it, and then I forget most of the rest.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 146
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I’ll have you know that if you intend to lynch a little old lady I’m not going to make a big fuss about it. Richard just returned with seven large pizzas!
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Sloonei wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:09 pm I’ll have you know that if you intend to lynch a little old lady I’m not going to make a big fuss about it. Richard just returned with seven large pizzas!
*eyebrows*
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

colonialbob wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:36 pm Cool, glad people agree with me, even if nobody has really read my post about Scotty ;)

If it makes you feel better I usually don't read those big posts regardless of who made them.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Things Long Con has said that I think are calculated casualness, i.e., not completely reading the game. I strongly believe he is doing this as a subtle way to make us think he isn't all that serious when in fact he is serious because he's mafia.

"I skipped the Golden-Colin-dunya thing but read the fallout"

"I'm lighthearted I guess. I have skipped small chunks of the game a couple of times in order to try to stay current... had Video Game Night with my boys last night, so I didn't check in at all. It's a chaotic hullabaloo to me, I'm just along for the ride until something hooks me."

"Did dunya ask to be role-checked in order to prove her civviness?"

"That stuff happened in a part I skipped..."

"I myself have skipped entire Pages already this game."

"So Golden, won't you please tell us all about this poll?" (Golden was dead)

"...is dunya the only vanished one now? Or did dunya die...? I think she's vanished."

I have played with Long Con for many years and this game I think I have figured him out. Please consider a vote for him.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Ok guys I have fresh news.

I just logged in on BTSC with kidnapped people and they have an investigation result confirming LC is not who he says he is.

[VOTE: Long Con] aubergine
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Btw the result is not mine so please dont kill me for it mafia I'm just revealing this so dunya won't eat my liver or something.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:29 pm Ok guys I have fresh news.

I just logged in on BTSC with kidnapped people and they have an investigation result confirming LC is not who he says he is.

Cool!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

wat
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 393
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 6:29 pm Ok guys I have fresh news.

are we talking about an alignment check or role check contradicting a previous role claim?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't wanna lynch LC tbh :'(
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 80

Post by motel room »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 4:19 pm Hmm seems like all of them may be if they don't post today

@Kites
@motel room
@insertnamehere

Come and play.
Hi I'm alive who do i vote for?
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 80

Post by motel room »

cool, voting Long Con
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

also aubergining [VOTE: long con] aubergine I think this information is coming from a trustworthy place and it also validates my feelings towards him.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Alignment check
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 204

Post by Epignosis »

Claiming is legal, right?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Well, looks like Juliet's role checked me, hope you kill stealing Isis bitches do the right thing and kill her, or DDL, or look back and see who Juliets confirmed Civ... sig? Sloonei? I don't know. Look at her posts, it's not hard to see.

But before I die, please let's admit that her case against me was empty. That's me every game. I even made a disclaimer in the sign up thread before this game even started or the roles were out, saying please don't alignment read me for that kind of thing.

I understand that she wanted to maintain subtlety about her role checking power, so she needed to make a case, and my game was pretty tight, so the case she ended up making was weak. I said in my btsc right away that oh darn she's got a role check. I recognize the signs pretty clearly.

Juliets , I chose you night one because you're my favorite.

Sorry I wasn't around much today, it's the first of four days of a food truck event for my wife and I, so I've been serving up fried goodies all day at a fair. It is somewhat proper for me to die now, because the next three days would be very similar.

And who knows, you might see me again sooner than you think. ;)
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:12 pm Well, looks like Juliet's role checked me, hope you kill stealing Isis bitches do the right thing and kill her, or DDL, or look back and see who Juliets confirmed Civ... sig? Sloonei? I don't know. Look at her posts, it's not hard to see.

But before I die, please let's admit that her case against me was empty. That's me every game. I even made a disclaimer in the sign up thread before this game even started or the roles were out, saying please don't alignment read me for that kind of thing.

I understand that she wanted to maintain subtlety about her role checking power, so she needed to make a case, and my game was pretty tight, so the case she ended up making was weak. I said in my btsc right away that oh darn she's got a role check. I recognize the signs pretty clearly.

Juliets , I chose you night one because you're my favorite.

Sorry I wasn't around much today, it's the first of four days of a food truck event for my wife and I, so I've been serving up fried goodies all day at a fair. It is somewhat proper for me to die now, because the next three days would be very similar.

And who knows, you might see me again sooner than you think. ;)
What kind of food truck?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

i think i feel confident in my vote
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Looks like you all hardly need me.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Charlie Blackmon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:22 pm Looks like you all hardly need me.
Well that's fortunate, because you've been a real stump of a stump, Stumpy.

Colin, We Are The Sandwich Shack, we make delicious sandwiches and also poutines and sides and deep-fried desserts.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I don't even know what that means. I've been extremely busy because it's May-June. Playing a simultaneous double-header isn't great either. I do what I can.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Long Con wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:27 pm
Charlie Blackmon wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 9:22 pm Looks like you all hardly need me.
Well that's fortunate, because you've been a real stump of a stump, Stumpy.

Colin, We Are The Sandwich Shack, we make delicious sandwiches and also poutines and sides and deep-fried desserts.
Sounds tasty. You’re doing a public service and I mean that sincerely
colonialbob
Loan Shark

Post by colonialbob »

Crap I was playing cards totally forgot to check in before lynch deadline. Hope LC is bad!

Return to “Previous Jobs”